Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Pie in the Austin Sky

• Start Topic

Ashley attempts to combat rising tensions in the group with a trip. Mia and Robyn bond over recent personal struggles. The rift between Wendy and Nneka widens as new claims and questions arise.

Airdate: 12.03.2023

I’m confused.  I have no idea what’s going on anymore.  I don’t think this Nigerian storyline is doing Nigerians any favors.  It’s a little bizarre.  And, Robyn is one fourth of a pie?  And, Mia’s no longer the worst cast member?
And, I already don’t like the newbie’s husband at all.  Oh, and one more thing, Wendy- thank the wait staff at restaurants!  I hate when people are so dismissive of wait staff.  
Since I’m on a rant-  UMD is huge!  It’s real easy to forget people you met there.  You can have a class there with someone one semester and then never see them again. Why are they all acting like the University of Maryland is a community college?  College Park is huge!

Edited by Axie
  • Like 17
  • Applause 2

Nneka's husband and OB/GYN were so chauvinistic and "traditional" and fucking dismissive and horrible. She's 40 and there was no mention of how difficult it can be to conceive at that age. Also, didn't he say something about the husband's slow mobility sperm?

That was some fucked up shit and she needs to get another doctor immediately.

• Like 12
  • Applause 7
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Nneka's husband and OB/GYN were so chauvinistic and "traditional" and fucking dismissive and horrible. She's 40 and there was no mention of how difficult it can be to conceive at that age. Also, didn't he say something about the husband's slow mobility sperm?

That was some fucked up shit and she needs to get another doctor immediately.

I thought she said she was 35? It’s pretty standard for couples to try to conceive naturally for a minimum 12 months before seeking alternative methods. The delivery may have been odd (but she married a Nigerian dude so I’m sure she’s used to it), but the plan made sense. 

• Like 4

Wendy really isn’t making her or her family look any better. What Wendy’s mom said about Mia was fucked up. Wendy seemed to be pretty good friends with Lebe. I’m not a fan of offscreen storylines tho so it’s kind of annoying me.

Lol Karen and her pie analogy.

Gizelle just shut up. She’s acting like a victim when she started all the shit with Chris. I’m over her fake shit.

What is going on I am not hating Mia so far lol.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Nneka said she was 35 at the OBGYN office but shouted “all her 40 years” in Austin.

I don’t believe Wendy ever said she didn’t know Lebe; of course she would if Lebe & her sister were friends. She said she didn’t know Nneka and Nneka agreed they didn’t know each other.

Bottom line, in my opinion, production wanted Wendy to bring Nneka on the show, Wendy said no and both production & Nneka are on a git back campaign on Wendy. This is a stupid storyline. If some lady tells me she’s submitting me to the shrine and praying for my downfall she needs to pray harder because I’m submitting her ass to the shrine too.

I wonder who Mia’s lawyer was. Her story sounded the same as Robyn & Juan’s friend’s suicide.

Now the story is Chris forced Gizelle into the bedroom and locked the door and now she and her children are in danger from Candiace. Are we sure her real name isnt Karen?

• Like 10
  • LOL 7

The previews for next week when that crow landed and Mia said "that's not yo momma is it" sent me. The scream I scrumpt. They better watch out because Mia is on a redemption tour.

The way Gizelle treat people is starting to show on her face. 

I said it years ago but the season G & R are at odds will be the best one ever. And it's slowly building up. I hate to see it but there is absolutely no way Bravo will allow this alliance to continue. I dont watch all the franchises but I believe this may be the last long standing true friendship in the Housewives universe. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 9

I was so confused by Mia's therapy session.  Was she saying that she feels guilty the lawyer committed suicide, or she blames Gordon?  She kept mentioning her family - was the lawyer a family member?  Or she thinks Gordon's 'cold' business sense will destroy her family relationships?  Which... it will.  Mixing family and business can be toxic.  But either way, if I understand the story correctly, Gordon was absolutely right to go a legal route with someone who stole their money.

Wendy and Nneka... ouch that was messy.  I've enjoyed Wendy but she was 100% wrong in that situation.  And her mom's read about Mia was horrible.  Nneka with the receipts was brutal!

• Like 13

Wendy’s mom is gross. Isn’t she a pastor or something? Wendy’s showing herself to be a shitty person. She feels threatened by Nneka. 
Was Mia really in the dark about their business? 
Gizelle is smart to freeze out Candiace. All she’ll do is scream body shaming comments “neck, ankles, white looking.”  While I don’t think Chris did anything bad, Gizelle is still saying she was uncomfortable. He was admittedly drinking at that reunion. I don’t think it’s that hard to believe that Gizelle didn’t want to talk to a drunk at that point in the day. She even said he didn’t say anything inappropriate. It was Ashley and the muppet that wanted to say he was flirting.

• Like 9

I don't think Nneka and production were set on starting trouble with Wendy. I think both were probably like, "too bad you're too jealous, territorial or insecure to bring on a possible friend. We like Nneka and what she can bring to the group, so you will have to deal."

Wendy and her mom couldn't deal. So here we are.

Edited by Rorysmom
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Nneka said she was 35 at the OBGYN office but shouted “all her 40 years” in Austin.

I screamed "what!" when she said that! Does she have Mia's math skills because she should know her correct age!  If it is true that she is really true his will have an affect on her baby story line, now it will be that much more of a challenge to get pregnant.  

8 hours ago, Marley said:

Lol Karen and her pie analogy.

But what kind of pie was it? LOL. Karen's analogy, (It was an anology!!!) was so odd, I know she sat up nights thinking of that pie speak.

7 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I was so confused by Mia's therapy session.

I am sure the therapist was as well.  Seriously, Mia is not being honest with her therapist, she needs to say the words, Gordon's money is gone and I no longer find him attractive but I need help with the kids since we cannot pay a nanny. That was the furthest thing from a real session.  Their lawyer committing suicide is a terrible thing but something tells me it had nothing to do with Mia and Gordon, it probably has a much bigger picture but Mia is putting it out there as her burden to bear so she looks saintly.  

7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Bottom line, in my opinion, production wanted Wendy to bring Nneka on the show, Wendy said no and both production & Nneka are on a git back campaign on Wendy. This is a stupid storyline.

I like your theory @drivethroo totally believable, Nneka and Wendy really need to form an alliance, they could do more damage together than at odds with each other. Their union could make Ashley powerless and without a story line.

The fact that any of those women believe in hex's, curses, voodoo is laughable. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1

Gizelle is now bordering on even more super dangerous rhetoric with this Chris story .. NOW its evolved into he MADE her go in to a bedroom and close the door ... why does this story keep evolving into darker and darker things... she went from he asked if they could go in a room and talk to he MADE her go in and close the door .. this is just wrong on so many levels

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 16
  • Applause 7
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The fact that any of those women believe in hex's, curses, voodoo is laughable. 

100% agree this is the real problem. Nneka going in on this shrine nonsense like it's real has already gotten old. And Jamal "false prophet probably even Mary's baby daddy" telling his bride of Chuckie it's nothing to play with -- well yeah that's valid. It's not Voodoo it's the things YOU doo Beelzebub. STFU Gizelle.

I wish everyone would just gang up on G. Hold her accountable for all the shit she has said and done over the years and ice her out. If Atlanta can survive (barely) without Nene, Potomac can survive without Gizelle.

Edited by Boofish
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4

I hate off camera lawyer on lawyer Housewives drama but Chris should totally sue Gizelle for this nonsense just to bleed her dry financially in lawyer fees.

This is bullshit and makes me want to give up the show until this particular storyline is done.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, Boofish said:

The previews for next week when that crow landed and Mia said "that's not yo momma is it" sent me.

The same Mia who cried about Candiace saying "Yo momma"?

5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Wendy’s showing herself to be a shitty person. She feels threatened by Nneka. 

As she should because Nneka is Wendy's replacement.

5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Gizelle is smart to freeze out Candiace. All she’ll do is scream body shaming comments “neck, ankles, white looking.”  While I don’t think Chris did anything bad, Gizelle is still saying she was uncomfortable. He was admittedly drinking at that reunion. I don’t think it’s that hard to believe that Gizelle didn’t want to talk to a drunk at that point in the day. She even said he didn’t say anything inappropriate.

No, no.  Gizelle is trying to create a narrative of herself being a victim of the aggressive and dangerous Candiace and Chris and it's a situation of her own making. If Chris was so drunk, Gizelle should not have gone into the room with him.  Now Gizelle is claiming Chris forced her into the bedroom and locked the door. Now she's claiming interacting with Candiace endangers her children and quite frankly, interacting with Gizelle endangers Candiace and her family more.

2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Gizelle is now bordering on even more super dangerous rhetoric with this Chris story .. NOW its evolved into he MADE her go in to a bedroom and close the door ... why does this story keep evolving into darker and darker things... she went from he asked if they could go in a room and talk to he MADE her go in and close the door .. this is just wrong on so many levels

Right. Gizelle is trying to paint this narrative of Candiace and Chris being dangerous to her and her family.  She needs to change her name to Karen and Candiace needs to approach Gizelle as if she is the neighborhood Karen...with her white looking ass.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Their lawyer committing suicide is a terrible thing but something tells me it had nothing to do with Mia and Gordon, it probably has a much bigger picture but Mia is putting it out there as her burden to bear so she looks saintly.  

This is just a repeat of the Robyn/Juan/Earl Badu story.  

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I like your theory @drivethroo totally believable, Nneka and Wendy really need to form an alliance, they could do more damage together than at odds with each other. Their union could make Ashley powerless and without a story line.

This won't happen because Nneka is a fan of the show* and she knows production favors Gizelle & Company over Wendy/Candiace so she's jumping on the "right" team.

12 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I hate off camera lawyer on lawyer Housewives drama but Chris should totally sue Gizelle for this nonsense just to bleed her dry financially in lawyer fees.

Chris & Candiace have no additional money to sue because they're fighting Ashley/Michael's lawsuit. 

I do wish Candiace would've said Chris won't be coming around the group anymore since Ashley, Gizelle & Cookie Monster have accused him of sexual assault and harassment instead of claiming he had a gig.

*Nneka broke the fourth wall and said Wendy & her family did all this because Wendy didn't want Nneka on the show ("in this circle of women')

Nneka is from Los Angeles...how would she know who Gizelle, Ashley, Robyn etc was if not for the show?

Let me also add the "yall went to college together so you know each other" bit is stupid because if that's the case

• Robyn
  • Juan
  • Iyke
  • Ashley
  • Eddie

should all be BFFs since all of them attended the University of Maryland College Park.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 3
  • Applause 5

Oof, I hated that phone conversation Nneka had with her mom and sister? They showed it in a quick flashback. Her sister said Iyke is going to leave her if she doesn't have a baby? Are we really still doing that in almost 2024?

Now Giz needs to stay away from Candiace for the safety of her children when she started this entire mess? 

Wendy was totally lying when the producer asked her about Facebook. 

• Like 12
37 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I really don’t like Nneka.  I hope she doesn’t stick around.

So MIA is saying she wants G to retire??  Doesn’t she need for him to make some money?  Aren’t they broke?

See, that's the thing I do not understand, Candiace and Chris as well, why all the hate for someone working a lot of hours to contribute to a lifestyle they wish to live? Why is it so hard for these women to understand that without a job there is no more money, no health insurance, no nothing...please tell me that it is just a plot to make the women seem like they cannot bear to be away from their husbands for eight hours a day or more. 

I just do not understand the aversion to a working husband especially when they do not have any money!!!

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

I'm not the one who's so far away
When I feel the snakebite enter my veins
Never did I wanna be here again
And I don't remember why I came

Voodoo, voodoo, voodoo, voodoo 

Godsmack nailed my feelings!! LOL. Surely mama Wendy has cursed me to keep watching!

Giz is trying to churn some butter while milking this Chris story. Next it'll be he tried to cop a feel of her utters.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I really don’t like Nneka.  I hope she doesn’t stick around.

So MIA is saying she wants G to retire??  Doesn’t she need for him to make some money?  Aren’t they broke?

I don’t like Nneka either. I wish Wendy would stop being so obnoxious and jealous of her.

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

See, that's the thing I do not understand, Candiace and Chris as well, why all the hate for someone working a lot of hours to contribute to a lifestyle they wish to live? Why is it so hard for these women to understand that without a job there is no more money, no health insurance, no nothing...please tell me that it is just a plot to make the women seem like they cannot bear to be away from their husbands for eight hours a day or more. 

I just do not understand the aversion to a working husband especially when they do not have any money!!!

I don’t think Mia really wants G around to tuck the kiddos in. I think she’s already checked out and is just making excuses that sound nicer than he’s broke. 
I don’t think Candiace wants Chris working the late hours because she doesn’t trust him entirely. I think if he had a nine to five, she’d be less whiny. 

• Like 5

I dont understand why they can't have 2 Wendys but they have 4 light bright shit starters. All this Wendy dont want to be replaced with another Wendy when they are all in pairs

2 boring liars with green eyes

2 old Queens jockeying to be anchor on the relay team  - Karen and Charice

2 young ones with big mouths and white husbands - Ashley and Candiace 

They only one with no twin is Mia. 

So why can't there be 2 Wendys?

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 6
19 hours ago, Rorysmom said:

don't think Nneka and production were set on starting trouble with Wendy. I think both were probably like, "too bad you're too jealous, territorial or insecure to bring on a possible friend. We like Nneka and what she can bring to the group, so you will have to deal."

But Nneka doesn’t bring anything to the friend group. She lived in California and moved to Maryland for the show. She didn’t know anyone on the cast. She was brought on solely to get Wendy off the show while providing the cast and production cover from the colorism charges.

If we are keeping it real, LEBE is actually the one who should be on the show because she’s the one beef with Wendy’s sister and by extension Wendy & her mother.

2 hours ago, Boofish said:

I dont understand why they can't have 2 Wendys but they have 4 light bright shit starters.

They don’t want any Wendys. For all the talk of Candiace’s mouth, it’s WENDY’s mouth that has them shook.

Nneka is a fan who was thirsty to get on the show & production/cast is using her to get Wendy out while keeping their hands clean of colorism. 

The joke will be on Nneka because her whole storyline is Wendy. When Wendy is gone, what is Nneka’s purpose?  They’ll show her the door too and blame budget cuts.

If the show insists on keeping the OGs, they need to cast a light skinned woman* who will rip the GEBs and Ashley a new asshole. Stop insisting they live in/around Potomac…Katie, Karen, Monique and Ashley have all lived in Virginia at some point. Find somebody who lives in McLean or even Great Falls. The DMV is full of women who look like the OGs. Find one and let her rip.

*I’m diabolical and would fire Candiace and Wendy and replace them with blond white women and let the OGs get their Karens on with them.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

My father class of '52 remembered everyone he went to school with, I thought it was the craziest thing (since he could never remember my birthday but whatever), but I guess it was smaller then.  Assuming Eddie and Lyke were in the same classes that might make sense they remember each other but different majors and no classes together, were they in some Nigerian club together? Played on the same sports team? They don't know each other, Nneka is reaching with that.

Can Ashley or was it Candiace say "Not today neck," and actually mean Nneka?!

• LOL 2
14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My father class of '52 remembered everyone he went to school with, I thought it was the craziest thing (since he could never remember my birthday but whatever), but I guess it was smaller then.  Assuming Eddie and Lyke were in the same classes that might make sense they remember each other but different majors and no classes together, were they in some Nigerian club together? Played on the same sports team? They don't know each other, Nneka is reaching with that.

Can Ashley or was it Candiace say "Not today neck," and actually mean Nneka?!

Wendy knows she unfriended Nnekas husband from Happy Eddie’s page. The two most likely have met before. I think Happy is on a short leash and wasn’t allowed to acknowledge Lyke.

Lol my autocorrect keeps changing her name to Neck or Annika. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

There seems to be a hyper focus on skin tone in here. It's kind of unsettling. Being dark or light isn't a character trait. Neither is eye color. 

Anyhoo, I like Nneka and Wendy because at least something is happening on the show. I mean, I think Wendy is lying and Nneka is dragging this whole thing, but I wanna see what happens next, so... mission accomplished, show.

Mia probably already has her next sugar daddy lined up, so I don't need to see the therapy sessions, show. Just put Gordon out of his misery.

Karen being nonsensical and funny as always. 

Gizelle and Candiace will never make up but I'm glad they can sit in the same vicinity. If I was either one of them, the other would be dead to me.

Ready to see Robyn crying on the curb...

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
39 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

There seems to be a hyper focus on skin tone in here. It's kind of unsettling. Being dark or light isn't a character trait. Neither is eye color. 

but there is a clear difference with how some are treated that are light skin and "white" passing compared to the darker skin toned ladies just OUT in the world in general that kind of IS an important issue especially with this cast

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
12 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

but there is a clear difference with how some are treated that are light skin and "white" passing compared to the darker skin toned ladies just OUT in the world in general that kind of IS an important issue especially with this cast

There's not a single person on this show who is white passing. And the light women on this show have gone after each other with the same venom as they have anyone else. 

Of course colorism exists in general, but on this show? Even Candiace and Wendy said they didn't see it when given an opportunity to address it. 

But beyond that, I'm mostly unsettled by "light" and "white looking" being used as a pejorative because Gizelle or Robyn acted like an asshole. That's not addressing a serious issue. That's hurling insults. Would we tolerate it if it was the other way around? We all know the answer to that.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
13 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

There's not a single person on this show who is white passing. And the light women on this show have gone after each other with the same venom as they have anyone else. 

Of course colorism exists in general, but on this show? Even Candiace and Wendy said they didn't see it when given an opportunity to address it. 

But beyond that, I'm mostly unsettled by "light" and "white looking" being used as a pejorative because Gizelle or Robyn acted like an asshole. That's not addressing a serious issue. That's hurling insults. Would we tolerate it if it was the other way around? We all know the answer to that.

I am just gonna be honest and say well if 2 cast memebers say its not an issue then it must not be .. and Robyn and G  both can be seen as "white passing" 

this is a super touchy topic that just ISNT in the african american community but seen thoughout others as well... heck even in my own Native American community its prevalent

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
15 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t like Nneka either. I wish Wendy would stop being so obnoxious and jealous of her.

I don’t think Mia really wants G around to tuck the kiddos in. I think she’s already checked out and is just making excuses that sound nicer than he’s broke. 
I don’t think Candiace wants Chris working the late hours because she doesn’t trust him entirely. I think if he had a nine to five, she’d be less whiny. 

Its called work life balance. Chris worked more one than an eight hour day shift.  Canadice also travels a lot and they need to find ways to spend more time together. It's easy to become distant when work become the priority. 

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I am just gonna be honest and say well if 2 cast memebers say its not an issue then it must not be .. and Robyn and G are both "white passing" 

I'm a black woman. I know black women. At most, Robyn looks mixed. Gizelle is clearly a light skinned black woman. But again, their features aren't character traits, nor are they the reason these two act like assholes. And I'd rather believe two cast members about THEIR experiences than those of folks on social media projecting their experiences onto them. 

Re: your edit, I'm aware that colorism is a global issue. I'm simply saying that as it relates to this show, there's a lot of projection going on and it's borderline offensive at this point. 

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I was so confused by Mia's therapy session.  Was she saying that she feels guilty the lawyer committed suicide, or she blames Gordon?  She kept mentioning her family - was the lawyer a family member?  Or she thinks Gordon's 'cold' business sense will destroy her family relationships?

That session was a barrage of useless therapy-speak designed to deflect attention from what's really going on. The only reason Mia would want Gordon working less would be so he could help out with the kids and the home. I assume they no longer can afford nannies and cleaning folks.

I did note Mia hurriedly mumbling something about Gordon pressuring the family members - I think this was her elaboration on "working too hard" -  and that being what got Gordon in trouble and ousted. Was he demanding more money or a larger share of this family business? Maybe he wanted to open more branches that he and Mia would "manage."

Also, Robyn pointed out to Mia that the suicidal attorney had presumably defrauded lots of people, so his suicide was not Mia's and Gordon's fault. But way to make it about you, Mia.

I couldn't find any online reports of a Maryland attorney who committed suicide.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 5

As a black woman, an old one at that, I have opinions on the issue but I honestly just don't want to be a part of this conversation anymore and I feel like it's so much bigger than message boards. The GEB is a character trait in my opinion because it's how G and R even refer to themselves as a collective.  This cast keeps comparing Nneka to Wendy calling her Wendy's replacement and in my head, it goes beyond just the two of them being from Nigeria. That makes absolutely no sense; if 5 cast members can be from Maryland, why can't 2 be from Nigeria? But for me personally, it's the only thing I have to say on the matter. Respectfully.

Edited by Boofish
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Assuming Eddie and Lyke were in the same classes that might make sense they remember each other but different majors and no classes together, were they in some Nigerian club together?

They were both in the African Student Association but that doesn't mean anything, it doesn't mean they know each other any deeper than "that's that guy that was in ASA"

3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think Happy is on a short leash and wasn’t allowed to acknowledge Lyke.

Wendy probably did unfollow Iyke from Eddie's page (seriously, most men don't give AF about FB friends) but the husband that appears to be on a short leash is Iyke.

1 hour ago, ridethemaverick said:

There seems to be a hyper focus on skin tone in here.

Skin tone & race politics have been a part of this show's storyline since Season 1 when Robyn, Gizelle & Katie went back and forth on it.

Robyn & Gizelle don't get to race check people but get mad when it's done back to them.

59 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

There's not a single person on this show who is white passing

Robyn* would disagree. That was a major part of Season 1's strife, the fact that Robyn & Gizelle looked more "white/biracial" than Katie, who actually WAS biracial but had a darker skin tone.

59 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

Even Candiace and Wendy said they didn't see it when given an opportunity to address it. 

Because the light skinned cast members pretended not to know anything about colorism or skin tone (even though Katie, Robyn, Gizelle and Ashley were skin checking each other in Season 1).

46 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

I'm a black woman. I know black women. At most, Robyn looks mixed. Gizelle is clearly a light skinned black woman. But again, their features aren't character traits, nor are they the reason these two act like assholes.

IMO it's a contributing factor as to why they act like assholes because they know they can act like assholes and can get away with it because of how they look.

28 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Also, Robyn pointed out to Mia that the suicidal attorney had presumably defrauded lots of people, so his suicide was not Mia's and Gordon's fault.

Robyn had similar guilt about their friend who killed himself. The news isn't going to report on somebody killing themselves unless the person is of note or the suicide is of note. In Robyn's case, the friend went hysterical because he passed a bad check to one of the people he defrauded and he had to face more consequences for that. He was suicidal and jumped in his car to get away, hitting 2 other drivers. Those drivers followed him to find out why he hit their cars. He drove to the top of 695 to jump and the other drivers tried to stop him.  They almost convinced him to not do it when the police rolled up and then he jumped off the 695 to his death.

33 minutes ago, Boofish said:

As a black woman, an old one at that, I have opinions on the issue but I honestly just don't want to be a part of this conversation anymore and I feel like it's so much bigger than message boards.

The people who benefit from colorism always pretend not to know what's going on when their benefits are pointed out. Gizelle, Robyn & Ashley sat on the S7 reunion stage and pretended not to know what colorism was but these same individuals knew all about it in Season 1 when Katie would go on about being biracial & Jewish and Robyn & Gizelle took every opportunity to remind Katie that she was BLACK.  In turn, Katie pointed out they receive privilege because they look more "white" with their blond hair, green eyes and light skin.

Even in Season 5, Gizelle alleged Karen wanted Wendy fired from the show because Wendy didn't have "the right look" (aka too dark).

Colorism has always been a part of this show from both the cast and the audience from Day One.  Now the cast is dabbling into xenophobia with the osu/shrine/geles crap and the least qualified cast members to discuss those matters are the ones running their mouths about it the most (GEB+Ashley aka the Colorism* Crew).

This is why I say only a new cast member with the same complexion privilege as the Colorism Crew will be able to take them down and it needs to happen because nobody likes seeing the villains get away with their crimes time and time again.

51 minutes ago, Boofish said:

This cast keeps comparing Nneka to Wendy calling her Wendy's replacement and in my head, it goes beyond just the two of them being from Nigeria. That makes absolutely no sense; if 5 cast members can be from Maryland, why can't 2 be from Nigeria?

The only people who've said anything about "Wendy wanting to be the only Nigerian on the cast" are the cast members who want Wendy replaced as the only Nigerian on the cast.  Truth be told, they'd rather have no Nigerians on the cast because as soon as Wendy is gone, they will go after Nneka's marriage.

*Robyn is the whitest looking one in the cast but IMO she is the least colorist...I think in part because she does recognize her appearance gives her privilege, even though she was one of the main harassers of Katie season 1.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1

@drivethroo *clap clap clap* Also, it was the conversation with Katie that compelled Robyn to do a genetics test where she found out she was more European than African and it was then and only then did she take it a down a notch. Because as we all knew at the time - Katie was right.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

Thank you for posting this. The Real Housewives all franchises act like assholes across the board. In this episode they again showed the clip of Candiace telling Gizelle about her “privileged white looking ass.”  Candiace who let her mom support her and her white husband and who has the privilege of spending her money on a singing career that is going nowhere just because Gizelle said she felt uncomfortable when Chris insisted on talking to her when he was drunk.

• Like 6
25 minutes ago, dancingdreamer said:

I don't  think  Wendy is being  truthful.  Although,  who can follow all this? 

Karen, your pie analogy  is stupid.

Giselle,  stop it! 

I agree.  Wendy is very insecure about Nneka joining the show. I think Wendy is prettier and more fun to watch than Nneka but the way she is acting now is not enjoyable.

I think Karen just likes to hear herself talk. 

• Like 1
On 12/4/2023 at 7:56 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Gizelle is such a liar! She needs to go back and watch what she said about it on the last reunion, because she has changed her story. I don't blame Candiace for being ticked off.

Bottom line, in my opinion, production wanted Wendy to bring Nneka on the show, Wendy said no and both production & Nneka are on a git back campaign on Wendy. 

I was surprised when a few of the women broke the fourth wall and talked about Wendy not wanting Nneka on the show. Whatever the case, I believe Nneka. Wendy is not coming off well at all. 

I suspect there is a lot more going on with Mia and her husband than we're being shown. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 8

Someone should inform Nnneka that most of us barely care about the actual sentient children on these shows let alone the journey towards having one of these children of a newbie.

Good luck on your journey but I would actually have to put some effort into caring less than I currently do. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

I think it's good that Gizelle and Candiace can be in the same room and not engage. What Gizelle did with Chris is wrong and has gotten her in a lot of trouble, she's keeping her distance. Because if they do get into it again, there will be a crazy social media storm that actually would affect her and by default her girls, who would see and perhaps be upset by it. Why borrow trouble?

• Like 3
23 hours ago, politichick said:

I think it's good that Gizelle and Candiace can be in the same room and not engage. What Gizelle did with Chris is wrong and has gotten her in a lot of trouble, she's keeping her distance.

Gizelle's not keeping her distance because she recognizes she got in trouble for what she said about Chris. After all, Gizelle is doubling down and now claiming Chris forced her to go to the bedroom and made her close the door.  She's now upped the ante to accuse Chris of sexual intimidation.

What Gizelle is doing is not engaging with Candiace because she doesn't want Candiace to get any screen time.  Ashley, Robyn & Mia are following suit...if we invite the entire cast except Candiace to the housewarming party, then Candiace gets no filming time.  No filming time = no screen/air time.  No screen/air time = you'll be soon off the show. (This also applies to Wendy*)

That's why Robyn has been ignoring Candiace and will continue to ignore Candiace until she is off the show. (Remember, Robyn is the one who said in Season 5 they needed to ice out Candiace)

That's why Candiace called it out by saying "her black ass was still there."

*If the GEBs really wanted Wendy gone, they should not have been pushing for Nneka to join the cast.  But the GEBs are not as bright as they think they are because they thought Nneka & her complexion would give them cover to get rid of Wendy and escape colorism charges. The Nneka/Wendy drama is actually giving Wendy MORE air time and spotlighting how stupid & xenophobic the cast is.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Wendy’s making an ass out of herself. Instead of listening to messy ass Ashley she should have gone for coffee with Nneka. But she’s insecure so now we have to listen to her pose all season. 
Candiace isn’t that bright either. She allowed herself to think that Gizelle and Robyn cared about her during the Monique fight when they were just using it to help ice Monique out.  Now it’s Candiaces turn. I actually don’t want Candiace to leave. She irritates me but she’s entertaining and delivers some good zingers to the camera. 

• Like 4

Wendy was exposed. She protested that she didn't know Nneka, or was friends with Lebe, but Lebe was honored in her daughter's sip and see party! Nneka claimed she was in negotiations with Bravo for two years, but how did Bravo find her if not for her contacting Bravo, and using Wendy's name as a reference? 

Gizelle doubled down on her story about Chris, and she now feels her children and her are not safe around him! This is an obvious attempt (again) to ice her out, and force her to leave the show. Not engaging with her is part of the plan. 

• Like 3