Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: My Big Swiss Family Thore

• Start Topic

Switzerland is so Gorgeous!  Id love to go someday, but not with a person who talks to me like I'm a three-year-old. Her tone of voice, asking everyone individually if they have their ticket, Super condescending. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

I cracked up when NitWhitney got all huffy about being asked to be in the wedding and faked not wanting Hunter to feel left out and then Jaime turns around and says she had already planned on asking him to be in it also.  She even boasted about being more at ease on the cliff walk than Hunter.  She always feels like she has to compete with EVERYBODY!!!  It's exhausting!  And I knew Glenn's blowup with her would be anticlimactic.  I really feel let down. 

Edited by swankie
Grammar
  • Like 10

Finally we have an answer to the question "is a free trip to Switzerland worth it if you have to spend it with Whitney?"

Absolutely not.

Not one person in that group looked comfortable around Whitney and her endless theatrics and her need to constantly be the center of attention.  The instant family side couldn't even hide their disgust with her, and I'm glad for once she's getting very little reaction to her worn-out act of 'look at me, I'm bossy and say clever things and you know you just love it!'

Correcting Jaime in public for using the word coincide incorrectly was such a very telling moment.  Rude, arrogant, no class, repulsive.  And whining when others get turned off to her childish, selfish behavior.  How anyone can stand to be around that kind of person is beyond me.  I can barely watch her anymore even for entertainment.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, swankie said:

I cracked up when NitWhitney got all huffy about being asked to be in the wedding and faked not wanting Hunter to feel left out and then Jaime turns around and says she had already planned on asking him to be in it also.  She even boasted about being more at ease on the cliff walk than Hunter.  She always feels like she has to compete with EVERYBODY!!!  It's exhausting!  And I knew Glenn's blowup with her would be anticlimactic.  I really feel let down. 

The neediness in this one is strong. Whit simply doesn't feel she is enough on her own. Tiresome, sad, yes.  

Lord,  please bring her some self awareness, less ego,  and kindness the others for Christmas, and the power to change. 

The Alabama relatives were raised right--kind, polite, fun, grateful. The adoptive parents did good. 

No wonder Glenn and Hunter want to be around them more.  

• Like 5
  • Love 6

She not only corrected Jaime in front of everyone, she just Had to mention Angie had used the same word, incorrectly, previously which is where Whit said Jaime got it from.  To her credit, Angie didn’t say kiss my ass , bitch, but instead said, “you could’ve corrected me! I don’t care!”  She’s a classy lady, Angie. And these criticisms from someone who says things like, “that was confusion.” I wanted someone to say, don’t you mean ‘confusing?’  She nitpicks them and they were gracious about her not knowing how to drive the car. 

Anyway, I barely paid attention, I was too busy drooling over the scenery, and thinking stupid things like. “Who cuts all that grass? Do they all have riding lawn mowers? It’s so steep, and when do you know when to stop and let your neighbor finish, or does one company cut it all for that area….?”

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Switzerland is gorgeous.  I would love to go, but never with Whitney.  She's just too annoying.

I'm perplexed by the whole Jaime asking Whitney to be in the wedding.  She barely knows this woman who has already shown herself to not know how to act in public.  I wonder if she really just wanted Glenn to be there but knew that Whit would throw a fit if she wasn't included.  And while it is nice that she is including a remembrance of Babs, I'm guessing that is just for Glenn's sake.  As I understand it, Babs didn't want Glenn to have his daughter in his life at all.  Plus Jaime never knew Babs and is not related to her in any way, so the remembrance just seems odd to me.

So are we going to see Whit's hissy fit because she is not the one picked to go to the factory?  She has made it clear that she has no interest in it, she just wants to be the one picked so she can lord it over everyone else.  I hope Angie enjoys herself and gets some one on one time with Glenn.

So does Whit have a cold or something more serious?  Did she pass it on to Glenn since she kisses him on the mouth frequently?  Also, getting health care in Europe even if you are just a visitor is completely different than in the states.  Whitney will get good care and it won't cost her an arm and a leg like it would here.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

When they were waiting to walk across the bridge, I noticed that Hunter had his right arm around Angie. Thought it was cute.  Never saw him touch Whit.  

Both Hunter and Whitney seem too smitten with Jaimie; it's getting a little creepy...

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Dibs said:

Both Hunter and Whitney seem too smitten with Jaimie; it's getting a little creepy...

It’s weird because Whitney forgets Angie-her actual Sister- is even there. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Pi237 said:

She not only corrected Jaime in front of everyone, she just Had to mention Angie had used the same word, incorrectly, previously which is where Whit said Jaime got it from.  To her credit, Angie didn’t say kiss my ass , bitch, but instead said, “you could’ve corrected me! I don’t care!”  She’s a classy lady, Angie. And these criticisms from someone who says things like, “that was confusion.” I wanted someone to say, don’t you mean ‘confusing?’  She nitpicks them and they were gracious about her not knowing how to drive the car. 

Whitney was so obnoxious about correcting Jamie's word use, yet I gave her a big side eye last week when she said, "Keep your train ticket congruent to your body." It caught my ear because it was such a strange word choice - and in fact, the first definition that comes up for congruent is "in agreement or harmony." Hmmm.  I also see that a synonym for congruent is COINCIDE…yet neither of those words mean to keep something close to your body.

Edited by Cancun
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Quof said:

Why in the actual hell is Whitney wearing flesh coloured leggings?   Anywhere, frankly, but certainly not outside of her house where other people have to see it.

Production trolling Whit again.

IMG_1066.jpeg

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I'm perplexed by the whole Jaime asking Whitney to be in the wedding.  She barely knows this woman who has already shown herself to not know how to act in public.  I wonder if she really just wanted Glenn to be there but knew that Whit would throw a fit if she wasn't included.  And while it is nice that she is including a remembrance of Babs, I'm guessing that is just for Glenn's sake.  As I understand it, Babs didn't want Glenn to have his daughter in his life at all.  Plus Jaime never knew Babs and is not related to her in any way, so the remembrance just seems odd to me.

I'm going to assume TLC $$$ is a driving force on this one. Not that Angie and Jamie don't want anything to do with the Thores, but they also don't strike me as stupid and they know it will be filmed and aired, might as well get some stuff paid for or at least a few pay checks for having to put up with Whitney. I'd bet money they would be more than okay with just knowing Glenn and Hunter and waving bye to Whitney, but that's not really an option.

8 hours ago, auntjess said:

I was hoping he'd pick Hunter, because he said Hunter had worked with him some, I thought.
This is too much Whitney.  I'd love to see them have a day without her.

I was hoping he'd pick Jamie.... so she could beat Whitney! LOL! 

2 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

It’s weird because Whitney forgets Angie-her actual Sister- is even there. 

That's because Whitney believes she's a hot young thing like Jamie, where as Angie's an real functioning adult, with kids and a grandchild. If Whitney just ignores Angie, she doesn't have to accept the fact she's realistically never going to have what Angie has. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cancun said:

Production trolling Whit again.

IMG_1066.jpeg

Why they make pants that color is beyond me. I work with a woman who is in one of our other offices who has a pair of leggings the same color, she's maybe 100 pounds and 5 feet tall, I saw her in them one day and I honestly had to take a second look and she told me the techs in the office thought she didn't have pants on. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I'm going to assume TLC $$$ is a driving force on this one. That's because Whitney believes she's a hot young thing like Jamie, where as Angie's an real functioning adult, with kids and a grandchild. If Whitney just ignores Angie, she doesn't have to accept the fact she's realistically never going to have what Angie has. 

I think she thinks she can have what Angie has by simply usurping and appropriating it.  She's clearly trying to take on a maternal role with Jamie.  Motherhood without having to give birth.  At the same time, she seems to see herself as her contemporary or, at most, a "big sister."  

She's so weird!

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Welp, I HAVE been to Switzerland in the summer and friends; it is as beautiful as it looks on teevee!! Just bigger!  

I feel like Shitney had to come up with something to make it about herself.  She first had the sore throat, refused to go to a Doctor there, instead choosing to go to the emergency room.  Then she martyrs out and ends up being airlifted out of the mountain because she's SICK.

She's SICK all right!! In the damn head!  WHY oh why did she think she could stomp around in that altitude?  If she's SICK?  Why not just lay low at the hotel, drink some hot tea, rest, take some medicine, meet the gang for dinner?  Ugh. 

That bitch.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

She couldn't dare stay back at the hotel, that would leave someone else "responsible" for the adults that wanted to do things of their own choosing w/out being told what the "plan to follow" was.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3

In fairness regarding the airlift, it sounds like everyone had to be airlifted because the train that was supposed to take them back down was on the fritz.  But she of course had to go first.  However, the rest still stands.  If she was that sick and had to wear a mask (actually two) she had no business trying to function at that altitude.  I think it was just that she couldn't stand that people were going to do something without her.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2023 at 11:50 AM, Meow Mix said:

And while it is nice that she is including a remembrance of Babs, I'm guessing that is just for Glenn's sake.  As I understand it, Babs didn't want Glenn to have his daughter in his life at all.  Plus Jaime never knew Babs and is not related to her in any way, so the remembrance just seems odd to me.

I thought so, too, and I really don't get Whitney's including the new family in Babs' birthday party.  Why should they give a shit about Babs, except as you say from respect and affection for Glenn, in these activities that clearly have not only nothing to do with Babs but run totally counter to Babs' role in the whole situation?

Plus I want to know if Whitney's medical emergency occurred before or after she learned she would not be going to the factory with Glenn.

• Like 3
On 11/22/2023 at 7:32 AM, CainF said:

Correcting Jaime in public for using the word coincide incorrectly was such a very telling moment.  Rude, arrogant, no class, repulsive.  And whining when others get turned off to her childish, selfish behavior.  How anyone can stand to be around that kind of person is beyond me.  I can barely watch her anymore even for entertainment.

I think the rudest thing in the world is correcting a guest. 

If you ever mispronounced or misused a word in front of my father (a hick from Hinton WV but who was *raised right*) he also--although he was editor of a newspaper--followed your usage while you were his guest.  If someone is your guest, your job is to make them comfortable WHITNEY.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 11/22/2023 at 5:36 AM, Quof said:

Why in the actual hell is Whitney wearing flesh coloured leggings?   Anywhere, frankly, but certainly not outside of her house where other people have to see it.

Ahahaha!  A blast from the past!  Many seasons ago she was "interning" for the local baseball team, and the uniform requirement was a certain polo shirt with khaki pants or shorts.  Whit explained to TPTB that fat people have to be in spandex at all times, and wouldn't even try to find proper shorts or pants, just wandered in every day in the polo shirt with the flesh colored leggings 😳. I had forgotten all about that!  Good times 😄

On 11/22/2023 at 11:07 AM, Dibs said:

Whitney's "confusion" is deliberate; one of those strange word things she does that she thinks is cute.

They should have told her, "That's how we say it in Alabamer!" 😃

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 11/22/2023 at 4:16 AM, swankie said:

I cracked up when NitWhitney got all huffy about being asked to be in the wedding and faked not wanting Hunter to feel left out and then Jaime turns around and says she had already planned on asking him to be in it also.  

It seems that she genuinely thought that Jamie was going to ask her, but not Hunter or Glenn, to be in the wedding (what an egotistical idiot!). So she was all set to go into her fake-caring-but-really-gloating mode, and then Jamie chopped that sh*t down! 

• LOL 5

She managed to denigrate both her sister and niece at the same time by casually mentioning that Angie had misused the word earlier "but she hadn't called attention to it." She doesn't hesitate to try embarrassing the one that she obviously feels inferior to...EVERY CHANCE SHE GETS!

When I'm with someone who  mispronounces or misuses a word instead of correcting them or using it properly "to teach them" I use a different word to not embarrass them (I know, cowardly on my part.)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

She managed to denigrate both her sister and niece at the same time by casually mentioning that Angie had misused the word earlier "but she hadn't called attention to it." She doesn't hesitate to try embarrassing the one that she obviously feels inferior to...EVERY CHANCE SHE GETS!

When I'm with someone who  mispronounces or misuses a word instead of correcting them or using it properly "to teach them" I use a different word to not embarrass them (I know, cowardly on my part.)

No, not cowardly, polite. A one time "embarassment  or lesson" isn't going to do anything to change how a person has used a word their whole life. Personally, I just go with the flow and make no comment. Whitney has no business correcting anyone's grammar... clurb, Alaskar, Alabamer just for example. Just stuff a sock in it Twit!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I'm also an aging woman alone in the world except for a brother, so I get it, but I find it so presumptuous that Whitney believes these strangers who live hundreds of miles away are, by virtue of DNA, "obligated to love her" and also apparently considers herself invited to celebrate Christmas with them in perpetuity totally unbidden!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Dibs said:

I'm also an aging woman alone in the world except for a brother, so I get it, but I find it so presumptuous that Whitney believes these strangers who live hundreds of miles away are, by virtue of DNA, "obligated to love her" and also apparently considers herself invited to celebrate Christmas with them in perpetuity totally unbidden!

Doesn't she realize that it's not by virtue of DNA that they obligate themselves to her, but by virtue of getting free trips to Switzerland and appearing on national TV?  Once the show is over they probably won't have the time of day for her.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

This show is taking a weird turn into soap opera land!  

@Yeah No I've been trying to give Angie and family the benefit of the doubt, but what you are saying is beginning to start to feel possible.

I think that Angie and Glen and Whitney have been in contact longer than they are trying to imply on the show. I remember when the previews started talking about the new sister,  one article said something to the effect that Whitney was not going to allow them on the show unless they agreed not to go after any inheritance. She must have had a reason for that stipulation beyond just being her selfish self. Maybe she sensed something about them... not sure about Glen.

It could be for Glen, a pleasant distraction from putting up with Whitney and facing his grief, which he is going to have to do eventually.  But even so, the way he presented the move/visit whatever it is to Alabamer, to Whitney was hurtful and mean. 

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

@Yeah No I've been trying to give Angie and family the benefit of the doubt, but what you are saying is beginning to start to feel possible.

I think that Angie and Glen and Whitney have been in contact longer than they are trying to imply on the show. I remember when the previews started talking about the new sister,  one article said something to the effect that Whitney was not going to allow them on the show unless they agreed not to go after any inheritance. She must have had a reason for that stipulation beyond just being her selfish self. Maybe she sensed something about them... not sure about Glen.

It could be for Glen, a pleasant distraction from putting up with Whitney and facing his grief, which he is going to have to do eventually.  But even so, the way he presented the move/visit whatever it is to Alabamer, to Whitney was hurtful and mean. 

Yeah I wrote weeks ago about suspecting that the Thores were in touch with Angie, etc. for a while before they came on the show.  I also remember reading something online somewhere last year about a secret sister that wasn't featured on the show.  I remember scratching my head trying to figure out how that was possible at the time because what I read didn't specify that it was a sister put up for adoption. 

I think it's just good common sense to worry about any intentions of going for inheritance money.  Maybe it's because one of my best friends is a lawyer and has gone through his own family drama over inheritance that I am more cynical about this stuff.  But I've also witnessed several other such dramas between family members that were loving until one of them got less than the other and then suddenly they were at each other's throats.  A once loving cousin of a close friend even tried to cheat my friend out of her father's house that was left to my friend and no one else.  The cousin claimed she had an agreement from my friend's father stating that the house went to her.  A big legal battle ensued.  My friend prevailed, but the point is that inheritance money often changes otherwise seemingly nice people into monsters.  Even my own MIL was cheated out of inheritance from an aunt by a cousin that was a lawyer and somehow got the the will changed at the last minute to favor him.  Then his family raided her apartment when she died of all valuables, many of which were supposed to go to my MIL.  My MIL never contested any of it and I remember being angry about it at the time.  Makes me glad I am an only child with no first cousins!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I think that Angie and family are kind, polite, raised right people. There has been no negative side takes that wd show then to be any different that what we see--- and I believe Whit wd love to find dirt on them and show them to be greedy or less than honest-- but it's just not there. They don't look to be hurting for $ either from what I've seen, plus they have a loving close connections with adopted parents which is worth more than $. Who wd turn down a free Switzerland vacation?  Angie flipping Whit off was rightfully deserved after Whit's jealous, spolied child snarky comments, which are tiresome coming from an adult.  

Besides,  they are doing Whit a HUGE favor by agreeing to be on the show plus Jamie agreeing to join in the competitive story line-- which is totally stupid in my opinion. 

Whit has no life and except for a few feeble conversations about water aerobics with Jessica--as another poster mentioned-- there is NOTHING going on in her life.  She gave herself a sad birthday party, a memorial party for Babs,  took photos of Jessica and hubbie, focuses on HER care/control of Glenn's grief, takes Dadwe shopping for jeans to make him the butt of her mean jokes, that annoying CEO crap,   and ummmmhhh, what else? Anything slightly more interesting? Oh, let's not forget her new teeth! Riveting tv. 

Angie and fam are the answer to Whit's dreams of continuing her show with new characters, new storylines that are soap opera/reality tv gold--Jamie's wedding, the great granddaughter's dollhouse, and now the newly revealed son of Angie. For these reasons and for putting up with Whit, they deserve every penny of any $ Whit resentfully has to  throw their way for their cooperation on the show. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 11/29/2023 at 10:23 PM, Yeah No said:

Doesn't she realize that it's not by virtue of DNA that they obligate themselves to her, but by virtue of getting free trips to Switzerland and appearing on national TV?  Once the show is over they probably won't have the time of day for her.

And my glob, would anybody in the world voluntarily spend time with Whitney without compensation, and lots of it?  I know you'd have to pay me an awful lot to include her in my family celebrations.  If those Ala relatives hang on for any other reason, they're dumber than Whitney thinks they are.

• Like 5
On 11/30/2023 at 12:15 AM, Gramto6 said:

All this speculation about Whitney's not being willing to share her inheritance (and remember, Angie is just as related to Glenn as Whitney is) makes me wonder what kind of money we're talking about.  Glenn and Babs were comfortable, it's plain from their house and Glenn's purported sports car, but all that could have been provided by a normal upper-management salary and retirement benefits.  Not that that's not worth worrying about, especially if like Whitney you're never worked an honest day in your life.  I don't know what she makes from TLC, and I wonder how much of her compensation comes in the form of lavish vacations for large groups of people.

Is there family money we don't know about?  We never met afaik any of Babs' family, did we, or get a hint that Babs was from a wealthy family, and the only thing I know about money on Glenn's side is that his father worked for the same printing company.  And how much money do printing companies earn these days anyway?  Has anybody found out anything about how successful Glenn's company is?  Do they print major magazines, or is this a yearbook business?  Anyone with a computer and a good printer can do all the small jobs printers used to do, like cards and invitations.  How much money are we looking at, and is it enough for Whitney to make herself look greedy and petty over?

• Like 3

We don't know for sure, and probably never would, and what business is it of ours anyway, what the inheritance involves. I think the issue is that Whitney doesn't want to divide it any more than 2 ways, herself and Hunter. As @Mothra said it may actually not be that much but since Whitney has had no profitable employment that we know of except from the show, every penny is important to her and she wants all she feels she is "entitled" to.

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Angie is just as related to Glenn as Whitney is)

Legally she isn’t related to Glenn at all. For her to be adopted, his parental rights had to have been terminated. Legally they are unrelated.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Legally she isn’t related to Glenn at all. For her to be adopted, his parental rights had to have been terminated. Legally they are unrelated.

Legally, only if we know that Glenn was not named as father on Angie's birth certificate.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

Legally, only if we know that Glenn was not named as father on Angie's birth certificate.

Even if the birth father is not named on the birth certificate, there are ways of terminating his parental rights. This must be done before a child can be placed for adoption. Named on the birth certificate or not, Glenn and Angie have no legal relationship. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 12/2/2023 at 9:19 PM, Elizzikra said:

Even if the birth father is not named on the birth certificate, there are ways of terminating his parental rights. This must be done before a child can be placed for adoption. Named on the birth certificate or not, Glenn and Angie have no legal relationship. 

But that would be relevant only if one or both of them denied the paternity, right?  I get what you're saying, that if Angie were to sue for her "fair share" of the Thore millions, she wouldn't really have any basis in court--I hope I've got that right.  Thanks for clarifying this for me.

• Like 1

Angie and Glenn have no legal relationship - no rights or obligations between them.   Neither can sue to enforce any right or obligation because there are none.  Legally, they are strangers.  

• Like 3
On 12/2/2023 at 9:55 AM, Mothra said:

All this speculation about Whitney's not being willing to share her inheritance (and remember, Angie is just as related to Glenn as Whitney is) makes me wonder what kind of money we're talking about.  Glenn and Babs were comfortable, it's plain from their house and Glenn's purported sports car, but all that could have been provided by a normal upper-management salary and retirement benefits.  Not that that's not worth worrying about, especially if like Whitney you're never worked an honest day in your life.  I don't know what she makes from TLC, and I wonder how much of her compensation comes in the form of lavish vacations for large groups of people.

Is there family money we don't know about?  We never met afaik any of Babs' family, did we, or get a hint that Babs was from a wealthy family, and the only thing I know about money on Glenn's side is that his father worked for the same printing company.  And how much money do printing companies earn these days anyway?  Has anybody found out anything about how successful Glenn's company is?  Do they print major magazines, or is this a yearbook business?  Anyone with a computer and a good printer can do all the small jobs printers used to do, like cards and invitations.  How much money are we looking at, and is it enough for Whitney to make herself look greedy and petty over?

I read on Reddit (unsubstantiated) that Glen's company was the exclusive printer of Pokemon cards, so that's probably pretty decent. 

I think it's fair to say the Thores were fairly well off and likely that the family home was owned outright. I don't know how much of Whitney's "inheritance" was spent on Babs' care, or will be spent on Glen's. And I don't care. Honest-to-god grown adults have no business trying to claim money from a relative that isn't even dead yet. Nor dead ones. You didn't earn it, it's not yours. Go earn your own money and stop worrying what your dad wants to do with his.

If there's no will (and there probably is), Angie is not legally entitled to anything as she is not a legal relative. However, it is likely he'll leave her and her kids some token amount, if he has a will and decides to change it. 

Did we get any sort of indication that Whitney is actually worried about "her" inheritance? I see a lot of speculation but have we heard it straight from her own mouth that she doesn't want Glen to give the Alabama family anything?

I'm not an estate lawyer but I have heard some stories from them. People will fight with their own flesh and blood, family they've known and loved their whole lives, they'll turn a complete 180 on for the meager little peanuts that meemaw leaves behind. Let's face it, most adults are underwater and any sort of "inheritance" most of us get will be debt and a messy estate that will have to be sold out in pieces to resolve.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Let's face it, most adults are underwater and any sort of "inheritance" most of us get will be debt and a messy estate that will have to be sold out in pieces to resolve.

I love Michelle Singletary, a personal financial columnist for The Washington Post. She just wrote a column about how so many older people want to leave stuff to their kids (houses, china, collectibles, their ashes) ... and their kids don't want it! I mean sure, kids are happy to inherit assets they can sell but they generally don't want "stuff." I count my blessings - my mother has systematically sorted, donated and tossed much of what she has. She loves to say that wherever she is going next, she can just lock the door and give someone the keys. 

If there's no will (and there probably is), Angie is not legally entitled to anything as she is not a legal relative. However, it is likely he'll leave her and her kids some token amount, if he has a will and decides to change it. 

Glenn seems pretty financially responsible and organized so I would be surprised if he doesn't have a will (even though a shocking number of well organized and responsible adults don't have one). I hope that Babs' health insurance was excellent because the level of care that she required would have been very expensive, even with Medicare. Depending on how long Glenn lives and what level of care he requires as he ages, I'm not sure how much he will have left to leave but he would certainly make things easier and clearer for his heirs if he leaves a will specifying who gets what. I agree that legally, Angie has no standing to make a claim on his estate. That doesn't mean that she can't try. I hope that everyone involved is in it for the right reasons, without thought to any potential financial gain but money has a way of bringing out the worst in people.

• Like 3
On 12/4/2023 at 7:05 PM, monagatuna said:

Did we get any sort of indication that Whitney is actually worried about "her" inheritance? I see a lot of speculation but have we heard it straight from her own mouth that she doesn't want Glen to give the Alabama family anything?

No - she made one wisecrack about Hunter inheriting more when she does all the work, but nothing about the Alabamers.  It's total speculation here 😄

As I recall it was in one of the rags, when they started hawking this season, some reporter talked about the "new" family.  Apparently Whitney stated that the only way they would be allowed on the show was if they signed away any claim to inheritance. Not sure she would have any say on what Glen might do, but to say that, she had some worries they might get some of the $$ she thought would be hers.

It seemed odd to me at the time she'd say something like that. That made me think they had interacted much longer than is shown on the show and Whit had some concerns.

But considering the source...who even knows if the story is true??