Type keyword(s) to search

Kate Plus 8 - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I came across an episode where the kids went 'antiquing' and then made food. Yep, nothing is different. Kate moans, groans, and yells about keeping up with all the kids, yet she seems to always have another adult with her. Kate is still clearly afraid of Maddy's reactions, why else did she try to justify Maddy winning some cook-off? Finally, when will the interviewers learn NOT to interview Maddy? She still is still obsessed with negative attention. She makes sure to criticize, cut down, or attempt to humiliate anyone else on camera. She is a miserable, bitter child. I even thought I saw her briefly rethink what she had snarked to her Mom. It was like a brief moment of, "Why did I say that?" and then her jaw set in resolve of what nastiness she had just spewed. Yep, one show was enough for me.

. Also, snark wasn't really encouraged in here much. It was more of a fan forum.

Oh come on... everyone knows they don't have fans...

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 3

Children learn what they live (TM Dr. Phil), so I guess no one should be surprised Mady & Cara (and some of the "little kids") have such miserable attitudes.  I grew up in a family full of sarcasm, snark and dry wit, but we knew the difference between joking around amongst each other and being disrespectful. The 2 older girls are just miserable and it isn't just because they are teenagers.  Mady has been a brat since Kate decided to make money off her kids' backs.  Mady and Kate are 2 peas in a pod.  I think Cara has a count down calendar hidden in her room to mark the days until she can be emancipated.

• Love 4

Those ratings really seem to suck.  It costs TLC the money to Kate plus at least one vacay per season and something done to the house.  It seems from the preview she will be getting landscaping this time on TLC's dime.  Since she's such a winner, she'd better look around for something else to win at.  This may be over for her.

I wish I could tell the tups apart.  It's not that they look so much alike, but I guess I never got it down to start with, who was who.  Cara looks pretty all of a sudden.

• Love 2

"I have a running theme of gray in my life," says Mady. Yes, Mady. We can certainly tell.

I want to go antiquing.

I don't see much joy from Cara and it's really rather sad. I did laugh when she said (think it was Cara) that the cooking competition was just bc Kate wanted them to make her lunch.

I loved the first two antique shops so much I wanted to look up where they were on the chance I could go there. The last one, not so much. I'm with Kate about the ME's table. 

I used to think Maddy was a pretty miserable child and now she still is pretty miserable but I think she's hilarious. She's probably my most favorite person on the show now.  She will grow up to be her mother, which is sad, but to be expected.  

"You people only have to see her for an hour, we have to deal with her every day..... every.day....." (something to that effect) HA!  Loved it. 

I think Maddy deserved to win the cooking comp.  She was more creative.  Cara did a basic taco salad and a cupcake she apparently has done many times before.  Maddy did a tuna salad with sesame seeds and green onion and used the sesame oil to make the chips.  And then she made a chocolate chip and avocado cookie. 

And I also liked it when Kate told the boys that manly men do think animals are cute and it's a manly thing to care for all living things and is a very important quality in a man.

• Love 2

I confess, I kind of like the show. I don't know why. At this point I think all of the kids are pretty much onto the idea they are playing roles and that Kate is mostly trying to be funny and not to be taken seriously on the show. I think that's what I'm seeing in their talking heads. I've actually read the negative books and thought most of it was a stretch to make Kate look entirely criminal. She's no great mother, but she's kind of a parody. 

So, that's my New Year's Eve confession. 

And beautiful season's greetings to everyone.

• Love 3

Kate's ratings for the show this week were close to the 7 Little Johnstons and as one website says being chased by the cancellation bear.  Her prospects depend on how well other TLC shows are doing (not great overall) and Kate's relative ranking with those shows, costs of production, ability to draw advertisers, etc.

K8's dream to recapture the fame is just not happening!  The shows are very boring and lackluster!  I used FF a lot during the last couple of shows.  I couldn't take anymore of Kate or Mady in the TH's or talking period!  Both are drama queens when there is no drama!  Kate must do her own makeup because it looks amateur. Heavy handed too pale pancake makeup not doing a good job of covering spots and her painted arched eyebrows along with bleached hair with black roots and artificial nails top off the look!  She looks far better au naturel with a ponytail. 

The storylines were sooo boring and her expertise on everything is boring too.  

I think it was Alexis who summed it up best...it should be the Kate+Kate show because it is all about her!  Out of the mouths of babes.  

• Love 3

I'd like to see more interviews with the kids, not about what kate is doing. ut about what it's like to be raised with 5 other siblings that are your exact same age. How is that for them. With friends, school, etc. How does it work with having moms attention, since she is a single mother. What's it like, not in a disgusted teenager way, but in an honest way, to be the older sisters to sextuplets? What is it really like for Kate raising them, paying for things, feeding them, CO parenting? More honesty, less set up "adventures" that honestly don't make them different from any other family. Make it real. Not staged and goofy. Not whiny and over the top. Real.

THAT would be a good show, and it's more what it was when they were babies, before the fame. Tlc does a good job of taking an interesting show and ruining it with scripted drama, poor interviews, contrived situations, and bores it up. If they want to be provocative and get more views, they need to put the reality back into their shows.

• Love 7

I confess, I kind of like the show. I don't know why. At this point I think all of the kids are pretty much onto the idea they are playing roles and that Kate is mostly trying to be funny and not to be taken seriously on the show. I think that's what I'm seeing in their talking heads. I've actually read the negative books and thought most of it was a stretch to make Kate look entirely criminal. She's no great mother, but she's kind of a parody. 

So, that's my New Year's Eve confession. 

And beautiful season's greetings to everyone.

I watched the landscape show last night and I didn't hate her. I don't know what is going on. It seems like she has mellowed a bit. Even her tweets were not obnoxious. My snark is running out or something.

• Love 2

I guess, for me, the kids (whom I've watched since forever) are still kind of cute and seem kind of tongue-in-cheek about Kate (or even more direct). But there seems an element of fun and silliness. I guess I can't explain it, but on a dreary winter's day it's kind of fun to watch the plant-buying, etc. 

But it's pretty obvious the show is tanking. It took forever to have any comments at all here. And that's fine. I figured it would. 

• Love 1

I like the show too. The fish burial? Sensitive on her part. And that's saying a lot.

I like the show too. The fish burial? Sensitive on her part. And that's saying a lot.

I know Kate thinks she is "hot". But her clothes make me cringe too tight, too young.

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 1

I think Maddy deserved to win the cooking comp.  She was more creative.  Cara did a basic taco salad and a cupcake she apparently has done many times before.  Maddy did a tuna salad with sesame seeds and green onion and used the sesame oil to make the chips.  And then she made a chocolate chip and avocado cookie. 

I would probably agree with you, if Maddy hadn't been allowed to start over after they messed up their first dessert.  Then again, I may have still given the win to Cara - everyone, including Maddy said that Cara's dishes were tasted better.  Taste should count more than creativity, IMO. It doesn't help that I can imagine Maddy thinking "I don't care about this stupid competition, so i am going to make the grossest cookies I can get away with."

I didn't like Kate's reasoning for giving Maddy the win.  Kate starts off talking about how she doesn't believe is saying everyone is a winner and that if you win it is because you earned it and did the best (I agree with her on this - I am not a fan of the everyone gets a trophy mentality). Then she basically says Cara's food is better, but Maddy wins because she didn't give up.  So much for earning it.  

• Love 1

I've been aware of Kate from the general cultural zeitgeist, but this is the first season that I've actually watched.  As a father of tween twin daughters, I have to admit that I actually really enjoy Cara and Maddy.  In most sets of twins there tends to be one very out-going one who dominates the dynamic, and the other who tends to hang back.  I see that completely with Maddy and Cara.  I bet if you had one-on-one time with Cara she'd talk your ear off, but alongside Maddy, she's going to let Maddy run the show.

And to the extent that Maddy is usually saying things similar to what I'm yelling at the TV, it would be hypocritical to criticize.

• Love 3

GAH!  Why do I torture myself watching this woman?  I used to watch for the kids' cuteness factor but it has turned into hate watching only.  If Kate mentioned one more time how awesome her deck was and how much easier it was to entertain with a deck off the kitchen...GAH!  No shit you dumbass! Of course it's more efficient to carry food and supplies 5 steps out the door vs. lugging it through the length of your McMansion and down flights of stairs.  If she went out and got a real job rather than trolling for TV appearances, maybe she could have afforded that deck sooner. (but then again, if it weren't for TLC cash she'd never still be in that house in the first place)

And who is the "family" she kept going on about at the deck party?  I'm assuming she meant her own 8 kids because she has famously dis-associated herself from her parents and siblings and her ex-in-laws.

The boys' magic show was cute, and the girls weren't as bad as they could have been.  However, once again Kate makes it all about her.  Yes, she helped plan the show and encouraged the boys to stay confident.  Good parenting.  Saying she was "sooo nervous!" and acting all anxious was OTT drah-mah.  The boys were doing a 15min cute show in front of their sisters; they were not performing for the Queen of England or auditioning for "America's Got Talent". 

• Love 8

Did Kate never wonder why there was a downstairs kitchenette in the house?  I think it was there so you didn't have to prepare everything upstairs and do a huge production of carrying it all out to the pool area. 

• Love 3

Okay. Since I have a Ph.D. in PTwoP Lurking and Occasional Posting, I conclude the following: Both Jon and Kate have "problems".

Yes, Kate, indeed, does have the recognizable personality disorder of 'Bitch, please-Type III'. And, Jon has been diagnosed ( by me: I, also, have a Ph.D. in TV Character Analysis and Snark ) 'Lazy-Ass Sydrome'.

In addition, what I do know is that those kids have to be fed, housed, clothed, and educated. So, someone has to do it, NOW. It can't be waitlisted under 'things to do'.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

Huh. The children look no more alike than any average sibling in any family to me. What surprises me is that the children do not look MORE  alike considering that they are twins and 'tupts'. They are so different in appearance to me except for Alexis and Leah. Those two are very similar in looks. I have never had a problem in differentiating them.

It's so interesting to read varying perceptions of a look, situation...

OMG!!! i finally figured out what it was that both sounded familiar and drove me nuts about Kate's "talking head" dialogue. She sounds just like Romy from the movie Romy and Michele's High School Reunion. It had me laughing so hard, because Kate does the exaggerated pauses "... like, um, you know... um like, that's so weird.." 

Maddy and Cara have now surpassed Kate (and the father formerly known as Jon) in the obnoxious department. Seriously, they're past clever teenage snark and are downright rude. I don't know how Kate keeps from smacking their mouths. It's like they're trying their best to be as contrary as possible. It's not cute. It's not witty. It's not cool. It's not profound. It's not ironic. It's not amusing. It's just ugly.

• Love 5

Oops, I meant to post here, rather than season 3.  i finally figured out what it was that both sounded familiar and drove me nuts about Kate's "talking head" dialogue. She sounds just like Romy from the movie Romy and Michele's High School Reunion. It had me laughing so hard, because Kate does the exaggerated pauses "... like, um, you know... um like, that's so weird.."

• Love 1

Also, snark wasn't really encouraged in here much. It was more of a fan forum.

This is a good comment because I get a kick out of reading the forums until the inevitable "what what you're saying... don't attack..." or whatever. The forums are fun to read because of the snark, not in spite of. I want to read those painful 'kid attacks' because they are often what we are thinking, but too PC to actually say. These forums allow us a say.

I think it was there so you didn't have to prepare everything upstairs and do a huge production of carrying it all out to the pool area. 

Aww, but then Kate would have nothing to complain about (if we pointed out the obvious).

• Love 2

I watched for a few minutes this week and last week. Last week she said she was letting the younger kids pack their own suitcases for the first time, then she's shown repacking, this episode she said she realized she had to take Mady and Cara shopping and the younger kids separately, then she's shown shopping all together with them.

Do people really enjoy watching people shop on TV? How many times have they shown her shopping? This is supposed to be entertaining?

Watching her complain about every aspect of motherhood is entertaining? The woman even complained about friggin gym shorts!

Bitch, stop complaining, if it wasn't for the kids you constantly complain about, you'd have NOTHING.

I hope they sue her for all of the money they made her when they come of age.

"They like what they like and they don't like what they don't like".

No shit moron.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 6

Maddy and Cara have now surpassed Kate (and the father formerly known as Jon) in the obnoxious department. Seriously, they're past clever teenage snark and are downright rude. I don't know how Kate keeps from smacking their mouths. It's like they're trying their best to be as contrary as possible. It's not cute. It's not witty. It's not cool. It's not profound. It's not ironic. It's not amusing. It's just ugly.

You are so right RazzleberryPie. I was just thinking that oldest girl would have gotten what my mom used to call "a back hand slap" in the mouth for being so obnoxious.

• Love 1

I think Maddy and Cara are using their rudeness as some sort of social defense mechanism - they're at that awkward stage where the worst thing ever is to be perceived as a 'kid' who isn't cool, doesn't fit it, wants to be an adult but still has the brain of a kid, etc.

I also think they're playing it up for the camera - this is their chance to rebel against their mom to a national, captive audience. No doubt it's a way to express some resentment over sibling and apparently parental jealousy. I would be money that some of the production folk, especially those who worked with Kate during her less mellow, really obnoxious bossy times, and coaching the eye rolls and negative comments about Kate.

A lot of it is a big play act - we think this is what cool teen girls act like, so we're trying to emulate every crappy stereotype from the Kardshians to Pretty Little Liars or whatever, but those girls are rude.

I don't think Kate could take a single step or say one word without them instantly having a big eye roll, sneer and NO correction. If she'd told them the sky was blue and handed them a million dollar bill and a hug, the would've argued that no, the sky is green, the bill is stupid and worthless, and shoved her hug away.

The whole 'it's ALWAYS about HER' comments - wonder if those originated from Jon. Probably. There's some truth to that, but I seriously thought they were brats during the comped shipping trip. Even worse behavior when she gave them those garden stones. They really didn't like being called out on their rudeness.

I know they're kids, and aren't running around doing drugs or getting pregnant, but they are two rude little bitches. Theyre not pretty little girls anymore, and their attitudes make them really ugly.

Funny that I'm actually defending Kate now. I thought early on that she was reall over the top OCD and ungrateful, but she was usually polite while making her demands. She also chose a dud of a husband, and is now dealing with that, but she really has mellowed out majorly compared to when they did their first tlc special.

• Love 4

RazzleberryPie,

I agree with this so much. And I think they are encouraged to do it by Kate and production. I always notice how they totally soften it in their THs. Nearly always Cara and Maddie look like they're having fun when they're snarking on Kate. (and who wouldn't). I don't believe I have seen them ever be rude to non-family members. It's possible I've missed it. I would hate the show terribly if I didn't think this. 

I think Maddy and Cara are using their rudeness as some sort of social defense mechanism - they're at that awkward stage where the worst thing ever is to be perceived as a 'kid' who isn't cool, doesn't fit it, wants to be an adult but still has the brain of a kid, etc.

I also think they're playing it up for the camera - this is their chance to rebel against their mom to a national, captive audience. No doubt it's a way to express some resentment over sibling and apparently parental jealousy. I would be money that some of the production folk, especially those who worked with Kate during her less mellow, really obnoxious bossy times, and coaching the eye rolls and negative comments about Kate.

A lot of it is a big play act - we think this is what cool teen girls act like, so we're trying to emulate every crappy stereotype from the Kardshians to Pretty Little Liars or whatever, but those girls are rude.

I don't think Kate could take a single step or say one word without them instantly having a big eye roll, sneer and NO correction. If she'd told them the sky was blue and handed them a million dollar bill and a hug, the would've argued that no, the sky is green, the bill is stupid and worthless, and shoved her hug away.

The whole 'it's ALWAYS about HER' comments - wonder if those originated from Jon. Probably. There's some truth to that, but I seriously thought they were brats during the comped shipping trip. Even worse behavior when she gave them those garden stones. They really didn't like being called out on their rudeness.

I know they're kids, and aren't running around doing drugs or getting pregnant, but they are two rude little bitches. Theyre not pretty little girls anymore, and their attitudes make them really ugly.

Funny that I'm actually defending Kate now. I thought early on that she was reall over the top OCD and ungrateful, but she was usually polite while making her demands. She also chose a dud of a husband, and is now dealing with that, but she really has mellowed out majorly compared to when they did their first tlc special.

I honestly think they are sick of her shit and didn't want to do the show anyway. The bolded text above struck me quickly. Those children learned that from their mother very early on. Cara may be quieter, but I think she just depends on Maddy to say it for them both. Kate beat the sass out of Cara years ago, so with Maddy being the stronger twin and more like Kate herself, she runs with it for them both. Kate is aware of the perception of her by the public and her favourite role to play is victim. Now with Jon out of the picture, her children are awful. I believe she is a narcissist and can't hide it very well. I do agree with you about the attitude of the girls, but that could be nipped in the bud rather quickly by not "utilizing" them on the show at all.

The only times I laughed were when they were giving some back to her.

On another note: Colin is either in a very bad state or drugged. He looked awful in the THs.

• Love 5

Colin's behavior was very odd. If he isn't medicated, I'd be surprised. Could be just something like medicine to treat a cold. It's hard to tell with kids. They can be bouncing off the walls one minute and then tired and throwing up the next.

I don't think Jon was any sort of disciplinarian and their behavior has much to do with him being out of the house. He was snarkier than Kate. She was OCD irritating an ungrateful, but he was lazy and snarky.

• Love 1

I agree the kids learned by Kate's example and they didn't need anyone to teach them that it's all about Kate all the time.  All they had to do was watch and listen to Kate.  Poor Collin has been Kate's scape goat for years.  She said he was going to be going to a different school for his "issues" and it wouldn't surprise me for a minute if Kate is medicating him to relieve her from having to deal with any problems.

• Love 5

Colin's behavior was very odd. If he isn't medicated, I'd be surprised. Could be just something like medicine to treat a cold. It's hard to tell with kids. They can be bouncing off the walls one minute and then tired and throwing up the next.

I don't think Jon was any sort of disciplinarian and their behavior has much to do with him being out of the house. He was snarkier than Kate. She was OCD irritating an ungrateful, but he was lazy and snarky.

Its funny , cus I never saw Jon as being lazy before they split. I saw her barking orders at him constantly and him running around doing most of the grunt work for the kids. I think he is also a child-man, meaning he obviously ended up with her for a reason and it was likely a good pairing in the fact that she is a planner and motivator, and followed her direction, which kept him on track. Some men do way better in a relationship and i think he is one of them. He's living a single man's life now without much direction it seems but that doesn't take away from the fact he was a wayyyyyyy better parent back in the days of their first show.

I would love to hear the kid's take on what they honestly think of BOTH parents!

Don't you find it odd those ten year old kids keep parroting how "mommy has it so hard" "mommy is sooooo tired" etc?

I could have been crawling on my belly with two bowls of Mac & cheese balanced on my head for my two boys at that age, and they would have never even noticed how "hard done by I was".

But then I didn't constantly bitch and moan about the work involved in raising them.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 9

I didn't see that at all. She was way more bitchy (I hate the word snark) then he ever was. The one time he tried to give it back to her, all hell broke loose and she told him off. It was when she was ranting about something stupid and he told her to take the stick out.

I also didn't see Jon as lazy back in the early days. Back then he did everything for her and the kids. Before leaving for work, he would make coffee for her and leave it next to her bed. This is while she slept late and left the kids awake in their cribs for 2 hours.

I also don't think the kids need any coaching to say that everything is always about Kate. They've seen it their whole lives so they don't need any coaching. Last episode all she did was bitch and moan about how she hated shopping, she didn't perk up until she was buying stuff for herself.

I think it's obvious the kids don't want to film anymore. I'm sure that any time they protest, she tells them that if they don't film they'll lose the house, the kids' schools etc etc. She told them that when they were very young.

I don't think she's changed at all. She's still the horrible bitch she's always been, she's just gotten better at hiding it.

• Love 14

I loved in the preview for next week, how Mady says that Kate deserves to be happy, and that she does so much for them.  I also love how the kids see that Kate at least tries to do everything (power tools etc.).  I can tell they're impressed by that.

• Love 2

I can't tell they're impressed. Any person with half a brain can use a belt sander.

She was an idiot over the sander, she acted like it was going to run amok and kill everybody.

Speaking of coaching, I believe the kids are coached to say that shit about her deserving to be happy.

Somebody who treats people the way Kate does doesn't deserve shit in my opinion.

Like another poster said about one of the younger kids talking about how Kate does so much for them was them being coached, I firmly believe that.

I don't think the kids are impressed by anything she does.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 10

Poor Colin.

I believe the jumpsuit and those sweatered, patterned pants from the boutique, Style Camp, totaled about $500.00--just those TWO items. I am sure that Kate appreciated production's purchases FOR HER(with a wee bit tossed to the twins).

Yes, poor, poor Kate. Having to drag her worn tired self around to SHOP FOR MADDY AND CARA.Yeah, riiight. Okay. Haha! Oh, Kate, what a trouper you are sacrificing all for the li'l chil'ren.

• Love 5

I noticed Kate said Hannah has "stress headaches". They're so debilitating that she has to bring a blanket and special drinks in the car. Why on earth should a child of that age be stressed? And can she not stay home with one of the random "friends" that just always HAPPENS to be around to help poor, beleaguered Kate out???

• Love 2

I noticed Kate said Hannah has "stress headaches". They're so debilitating that she has to bring a blanket and special drinks in the car. Why on earth should a child of that age be stressed? And can she not stay home with one of the random "friends" that just always HAPPENS to be around to help poor, beleaguered Kate out???

I used to get physically ill from stress in elementary school. There was no "good" reason -- I wasn't abused in any way. It wasn't until I was finishing my PhD that I got diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety. That explained a lot. I have no idea about Hannah but that could be her situation too. Maybe she gets even more "stressed" if she has to miss family outings because she doesn't feel well.

• Love 3

Kate has previously said Hannah got migraine headaches.  I think it's possibly a bit cruel to drag the child out if she does get migraines.  Having had migraines since I was around 5 or 6 years old, there is plenty of stress in that household to cause migraines in a susceptible child.  Just start with having seven siblings five of whom are your exact age and then add Kate as a mother and divorcing or divorced parents and that's plenty of stress.  Throw in filming with the lights and it's a wonder there aren't more problems.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 3

I will continue to defend Maddy and Cara (and not just because Maddy serves as my Greek Chorus, saying all the things I'm saying at home).

I have tween-twin-daughters just a little younger than Maddy and Cara.  I think most kids that age have the attitude that their parents are pains in the ass.  In Maddy and Cara's case, they have the reinforcement of knowing that most of the country agrees with them.

Also, having had the reality show be such a big part of their lives for so long, I'm not sure that they appreciate the fact that the show is what allows them to have the shopping trips and the big house and the new deck and the pool and the vacations.  From their perspective, having their Mom prance around for the cameras is just something that is screwing up their summer vacation from school.

And they're also at the age where I think most girls tend to want to be more solitary and have their own space and privacy.  Having cameras tag along while they're shopping for clothes probably wouldn't sit well with a lot of girls their age.

• Love 8

And they're also at the age where I think most girls tend to want to be more solitary and have their own space and privacy.  Having cameras tag along while they're shopping for clothes probably wouldn't sit well with a lot of girls their age.

The ruining of summer vacation plus the horror of having school clothes shopping filmed would be very tough at that age.  One of my common sayings is that there is little worse with teen girls than shopping for a swim suit for a 14 or 16 year old girl.  Kate has managed to ratchet that up higher with having a daughter filmed picking out jeans.  With my daughters it simply would not have happened.  They would likely have refused to leave the house with cameras in tow.  No wonder Kate gets all the attitude.

• Love 3

I will continue to defend Maddy and Cara (and not just because Maddy serves as my Greek Chorus, saying all the things I'm saying at home).

I have tween-twin-daughters just a little younger than Maddy and Cara. I think most kids that age have the attitude that their parents are pains in the ass. In Maddy and Cara's case, they have the reinforcement of knowing that most of the country agrees with them.

Also, having had the reality show be such a big part of their lives for so long, I'm not sure that they appreciate the fact that the show is what allows them to have the shopping trips and the big house and the new deck and the pool and the vacations. From their perspective, having their Mom prance around for the cameras is just something that is screwing up their summer vacation from school.

And they're also at the age where I think most girls tend to want to be more solitary and have their own space and privacy. Having cameras tag along while they're shopping for clothes probably wouldn't sit well with a lot of girls their age.

As I watch the current season and listen to Maddy and Cara snipe and complain(albeit with good reason, at times), I, too, wonder if they realize that the fortunate trips, home renovations, landscaping, certain shopping excursions,... are the DIRECT result of the family's seemingly perpetual presence on television-- intrusive though it may be. Kate nor John have any other form of income(certainly not actual jobs) that would allow for ANY of these 'luxuries' and, frankly, a majority of their fundamentals.

Edited by BookElitist

I wonder if TLC  'supported'  the family during Gosselin Hiatus?  

Psst‼  Does anyone know of the various ways and amounts in which the family is supported(salary, other monetary means, favors, connections,...) by TLC ?  If so, do tell❗