Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: The Eaglewoman Has Landed

• Start Topic

I think it probably is too much for Kyle to expect Garcelle and Sutton to drop Kathy but I also don't think she's wrong that Sutton and Garcelle want to maintain a relationship with Kathy Hilton because she's Kathy Hilton. Whether or not it's "social climbing," I don't think that they are maintaining relationships with her because they have deep friendships. 

All of that being said, I think Kyle's issues are actually with Kathy (and the way that people expect Kyle to automatically defend both Kathy and Kim because they are sisters regardless of the way they've treated her), and are being deflected onto Garcelle and Sutton. And she needs to work through her family stuff to live a happier life.

• Like 8
On 10/27/2023 at 4:46 PM, Pattycake2 said:

After rewatching last season’s reunion, there is a big difference in Kyle’s face that is not attributable to her weight loss.. She’s about to be 55 and there is no softening at her jawline, etc. She’s had some work done for sure.  Plus, I now better understand Kathy’s anger with Kyle.  Kyle should have told Rinna that if Rinna had no proof to present of the many  outlandish claims she was making regarding the Aspen event, she stands with her sister.  But Kyle was too chicken shit to confront Rinna and rock the boat.  All the “But it’s only hurting me!”  No, Kyle, it hurt your sister’s reputation far more than your cowardly, little feelings.

Kathy admitted on the show more than once IRT (eg. at Kyle's house) that what Rinna witnessed (what she said about Kyle and everybody else) was true, and tried to apologize, but at the reunion after obviously a lot of PR coaching she either denied most, or diverted attention by attacking Rinna, and Erika.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
On 10/28/2023 at 5:11 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I wonder what has made Kyle so angry at Mauricio. Did she find proof that he was cheating on her? She is so angry and acted like she could barely stand to be around him. 

I also wonder why PK is going to London so much. Does it really have that much work there or is she looking for a break from Dorit and perhaps a few dalliances? It's pretty obvious their marriage is rocky now.

When Erika is on screen I can barely watch her. I cannot stand her. I'm glad Lisa Rinna is gone, but I wish they had gotten rid of Erika too. 

I wonder if this was one of the scenes they filmed later, after initially wrapping the season. That anger did not seem in character with how Kyle likes to present herself with Mo.  Kyle could also be acting-- she is a famous actress, ya know.  😉

My theory is that PK was in London a lot last season, and he looked better.  Now Dorit has PTSD and is asking him to stay home more.  This has driven him back to the chips and booze.  Maybe too much togetherness is bad for their marriage...Dorit DOES go on and on... 😂

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 10/27/2023 at 4:52 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I wish that they had fired Kyle, offered her dogs a contract and made Kathy an offer she couldn’t refuse.  

I’m just being open and honest.

Ha! My predictive text gave me “honest” after I typed “open and”!!!

Is this website still wonky for you guys, or is it just me and my iPhone 8?

Scrolling is torture!!!

Bravo doesn't want Kathy on the show, and I don't blame them.

• Like 2
On 10/27/2023 at 11:00 PM, Pattycake2 said:

I’ll start.  Kim is close to death.

Kim was an addict most of her life. She could have died at any time. Immediately after what Rinna said she was charged with a hit and run and resisting arrest, and for shoplifting from Target, and sentenced, meaning her life was getting even more out of control. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Slakkie said:

And I think that is all fine except her expectations that all the other castmates should drop Kathy as a friend.  I don't know but maybe Sutton and Garcelle are truly friends or friendly with Kathy.  I mean Kathy invites them to parties and they do lunches so I don't find that social climbing.  I find that to be real life.

The problem with Kyle is like many people she expects HER friends to fight HER battles but when it is the other way she walks away and says not my business.

She is mad Sutton did not hug her when she was crying yet on national tv she sits there and allows the gnat to insinuate Sutton is an alcoholic.  Well now why did you not stop that Kyle. 

While I see and understand Kyle is now saying enough is enough these women know that in the blink of an eye she could be back with her husband and BFF with her sister and they will be the ones paying the price.  So GOODBYLE KYLE - you do you.

Sutton and Kyle are not in a good place now.  Even if they were in a good place, Teddi is closer to Kyle, Teddi was probably telling the truth and nobody was in needing comfort in that moment, so I'm not sure how that Teddi said about Sutton and Kyle's state at the reunion are comparable.

I don't think Kyle wanted them to drop Kathy.  I think it annoys her that Kathy talked shit about all of them and they would rather be quiet about it and not comfort Kyle while she was in distress just so they can keep keep getting invited into Kathy's orbit.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think it probably is too much for Kyle to expect Garcelle and Sutton to drop Kathy but I also don't think she's wrong that Sutton and Garcelle want to maintain a relationship with Kathy Hilton because she's Kathy Hilton. Whether or not it's "social climbing," I don't think that they are maintaining relationships with her because they have deep friendships. 

All of that being said, I think Kyle's issues are actually with Kathy (and the way that people expect Kyle to automatically defend both Kathy and Kim because they are sisters regardless of the way they've treated her), and are being deflected onto Garcelle and Sutton. And she needs to work through her family stuff to live a happier life.

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is illogic, unfairness, contradictions and hypocrisy.  Another pet peeve is people having different sets of rules of people based on biases.  Kim put Kyle through hell for years and failed to defend her against Camille then Kathy went on Kyle's show and bashed her to a cast member, yet Kyle's the bad guy?

2 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Kathy admitted on the show more than once IRT (eg. at Kyle's house) that what Rinna witnessed (what she said about Kyle and everybody else) was true, and tried to apologize, but at the reunion after obviously a lot of PR coaching she either denied most, and diverted attention by attacking Rinna, and Erika.

After three out of four of Kathy's children were involved in public racist/homophobic scandals and given Kathy's great friendship with a notorious racist homophobe, I side-eyed her from the beginning.  She put on her Rose Nylund act (similar to what Paris did for The Simple Life) and some of the viewers fell in love with her.  Kathy had appeared on RHOBH in prior years and on multiple failed reality shows with Paris so I was surprised that people thought the dumb blonde thing wasn't schtick.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I have liked Sutton in past seasons, especially when mean pig Erika went in on her and nobody defended her. However, the whole horse thing has been done before by Lisa Vanderpump. We don’t really need Sutton acting like a horse lover all of a sudden. And I’m sick of the “bless your heart” shit too. The woman has been in California for ages now. Time to drop the southern Belle crap. 

I’m not buying the Kyricio marital problems either. I think all the previous seasons she was pretending that they were the happiest couple ever and now she’s pretending to be annoyed. It’s no coincidence that this all happened immediately after Scandoval. 

Im happy Rinna and her gross daughters are gone! 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is illogic, unfairness, contradictions and hypocrisy.  Another pet peeve is people having different sets of rules of people based on biases. 

That is not my pet peeve at all.  I am very comfortable with having different sets of rules for various reality housewives depending on whether I like them or dislike them.  It is almost *fun* to watch the housewives this way.

I am also happy to judge people about lying about taking ozempic if they are on reality tv.  I have never had a weight problem based on my genetics but I can't stand it when we're told someone's dramatic weight loss is doing a few more push ups or giving up alcohol.  Doesn't work that way, sorry.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
13 hours ago, Pi237 said:

The amount of spousal support Sutton gets is astronomical to us working class folks, but I agree that a woman’s contribution to the household is always very undervalued.

I remember when Sutton was first introduced on the show, and she explained that her husband and she built his business together. Their success was achieved as a couple, And she did maintain the family and household for him. So that would be equivalent to Kyle deserving big $$ from Maurizio because she helped him start and build his business.

5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Kim was an addict most of her life. She could have died at any time. Immediately after what Rinna said she was charged with a hit and run and resisting arrest, and for shoplifting from Target, and sentenced, meaning her life was getting even more out of control. 

Boy you are quicker than me. I was just going to type that I've been watching this since the very first season and I knew Kim was in trouble between the alcoholism and the mixing of the drugs. She appeared close to death numerous times. But I guess Rinna wasn't allowed to say "that" on camera without "allegedly"? What was the repercussion?

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

With the exception of selling/endorsing health/fitness products, famous or not, nobody owes anyone else any explanations or answers regarding what they do to their own bodies. 

We don't know what state Kim was in.  She's an addict.  

I like some of your comments but I hate that they are all merged so I can't respond to them properly.

5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

It actually does matter if the kid is on a reality show voicing his opinion. The Real Housewives kids are famous for being obnoxious brats that people comment on.

(Btw- I didn't want these two replies merged, but I have no choice.)

This made me laugh out loud because I was recalling the forum vitriol towards Jen's daughter, (and occasionally Gia or Melania) because they seemed to have an opinion on HWNJ events.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
On 10/27/2023 at 1:46 PM, Pattycake2 said:

Kyle should have told Rinna that if Rinna had no proof to present of the many  outlandish claims she was making regarding the Aspen event, she stands with her sister.  But Kyle was too chicken shit to confront Rinna

I know this is unpopular with most of you, but I still do not think Lisa Rinna blatantly lied. Yes she was a shit stirrer and she alluded to a lot of inappropriate gossip, but I also think Kyle didn't confront her or defend her sisters because Lisa got all her information directly from Kyle. She got her inside information about Kim's addictions from Kyle, and I doubt Kyle ever thought Kathy would actually come on to the show. I think she was afraid if she spoke up to Lisa, Rinna would turn to her and said, "Well, you told me all of this". It was easier for Kyle just have Rinna off the show completely.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I like some of your comments but I hate that they are all merged so I can't respond to them properly.

(Btw- I didn't want these two replies merged, but I have no choice.)

This made me laugh out loud because I was recalling the forum vitriol towards Jen's daughter, (and occasionally Gia or Melania) because they seemed to have an opinion on HWNJ events.

Reply and just delete the entries you don't want to address.

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Chalby said:

I know this is unpopular with most of you, but I still do not think Lisa Rinna blatantly lied. Yes she was a shit stirrer and she alluded to a lot of inappropriate gossip, but I also think Kyle didn't confront her or defend her sisters because Lisa got all her information directly from Kyle. She got her inside information about Kim's addictions from Kyle, and I doubt Kyle ever thought Kathy would actually come on to the show. I think she was afraid if she spoke up to Lisa, Rinna would turn to her and said, "Well, you told me all of this". It was easier for Kyle just have Rinna off the show completely.

I’m sure Kathy had a meltdown but viewers didn’t get to enjoy it so it means nothing.   Rinna carrying on like a lunatic claiming she might get cancer from it was much worse. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

Boy you are quicker than me. I was just going to type that I've been watching this since the very first season and I knew Kim was in trouble between the alcoholism and the mixing of the drugs. She appeared close to death numerous times. But I guess Rinna wasn't allowed to say "that" on camera without ""? What was the repercussion?

I don't think Kim was "near death" when Rinna said that to Eden Sassoon.  If I remember, Kim was sober that season.

I do think she lied when she said she didn't remember saying that. 

I also remember her saying that her hairdresser told her about Munchausen, but later blamed LVP.  So that was a lie.

She also didn't want her daughter dating that Scott guy.  I believe that was also a lie.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 3

Can’t find the exact thread, but I found Jax’s conversation with Garcelle very honest — one of the more honest ones ever on this show. Sometimes perceptions can differ and resentments can be bottled up to the point where they eventually poison relationships. Especially true when it’s a parent-child relationship.

It most certainly was hard for her to hear, but there’s still time to reframe things. I’d rather hear about this now rather than when my kid is in his 20s, resentful and wanting nothing to do with me.

I applaud Garcelle for wanting to talk about it, and Jax for doing his best to articulate his feelings.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

I don't think Kim was "near death" when Rinna said that to Eden Sassoon.  If I remember, Kim was sober that season.

I also remember her saying that her hairdresser told her about Munchausen, but later blamed LVP.  So that was a lie.

She also didn't want her daughter dating that Scott guy.  I believe that was also a lie.

Kim was probably then in the best shape she’d been in for awhile. Rinna looking all shocked when Kyle and Lisa confronted her about those comments was when I started to really dislike her. Was that the season Rinna tried to make nice with the bunny?

I think jealousy played a huge part in the Dissick saga, too. She was always competing against the girls.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 10/28/2023 at 5:11 AM, Sweet-tea said:

Yes this was exactly my experience. I mentioned it upthread. It gave me back my figure and helped my libido, but not to the extent of your friend's. 

I wonder what has made Kyle so mad at Mauricio. Did she find proof that he was cheating on her? She is so angry and acted like she could barely stand to be around him. 

I also wonder why PK is going to London so much. Does he really have that much work there or is he looking for a break from Dorit and perhaps a few dalliances? It's pretty obvious their marriage is rocky now.

When Erika is on screen I can barely watch her. I cannot stand her. I'm glad Lisa Rinna is gone, but I wish they had gotten rid of Erika too. 

While I don't really like Kyle, I'm also an ACA (Adult Child of Alcoholic) and I can relate to the conflicted, painful feelings she has about her sister. Growing up in that environment creates unhealthy family dynamics. My sister and I haven't recovered from it. We barely communicate. 

I don't know if this helps but I read this forum on either my MacBook or IPad. The ads are there but don't interfere with scrolling or loading pages. 

Take this for what it is worth:

Youtube person whose name is Dana (can't remember her show, but her husband works on Dancing with the Stars) said she has some connections to the BH HWs.  She said she was told that Mo cheated with one of Kyle's friends.  That was the breaking point.  Who knows, but it made me wonder.

Show name:  Daily Dose of Dana

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 7
On 10/26/2023 at 4:42 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Those forensic investigators did their du diligence lol 

I think what she was trying to say is YES I have his money but I still go out and make my own .. she’s not just laying around eating bon bons and being a kept ex wife without a care in the world … 

Exactly! She is using that money to expand her wealth. And she has said many times that they built that wealth together. She was probably an Uber corporate wife--the opposite of arm candy Kyle and Erika--who also sat on various boards, like the American Ballet Theatre, a museum board, and did her part to help ensure his success. She has a successful boutique and a cashmere and pajama line. She serves on a CFDA committee. Ditzy as she can be, Sutton is a serious woman. I don't think she and Garcelle would still be such great pals if she wasn't.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, politichick said:

Exactly! She is using that money to expand her wealth. And she has said many times that they built that wealth together. She was probably an Uber corporate wife--the opposite of arm candy Kyle and Erika--who also sat on various boards, like the American Ballet Theatre, a museum board, and did her part to help ensure his success. She has a successful boutique and a cashmere and pajama line. She serves on a CFDA committee. Ditzy as she can be, Sutton is a serious woman. I don't think she and Garcelle would still be such great pals if she wasn't.

Exactly. Sutton actually reads, unlike some of the others. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 7
8 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Can’t find the exact thread, but I found Jax’s conversation with Garcelle very honest — one of the more honest ones ever on this show. Sometimes perceptions can differ and resentments can be bottled up to the point where they eventually poison relationships. Especially true when it’s a parent-child relationship.

It most certainly was hard for her to hear, but there’s still time to reframe things. I’d rather hear about this now rather than when my kid is in his 20s, resentful and wanting nothing to do with me.

I applaud Garcelle for wanting to talk about it, and Jax for doing his best to articulate his feelings.

I thought that it was sweet that Garcelle was only absent for three weeks, but it might as well have been a year. Her sons love her and missed her (well, at least one did). They are having conversations, so that Garcelle can make adjustments moving forward. I’m very optimistic.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’m sure Kathy had a meltdown but viewers didn’t get to enjoy it so it means nothing.   Rinna carrying on like a lunatic claiming she might get cancer from it was much worse. 

Oh yes, Rinna's reactions have always been over the top, or highly exaggerated / embellished. But that's nothing new..

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I thought that it was sweet that Garcelle was only absent for three weeks, but it might as well have been a year. Her sons love her and missed her (well, at least one did). They are having conversations, so that Garcelle can make adjustments moving forward. I’m very optimistic.

Exactly! And it says a lot that her kids feel secure enough to be that open with her. Jax is still at the age where he still needs his mom from time to time, and I’m sure Garcelle took what he said to heart.

• Like 5
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

Oh yes, Rinna's reactions have always been over the top, or highly exaggerated / embellished. But that's nothing new..

Yeah, those episodes were on Bravo yesterday and Rinna's behavior was seriously vile. It was, like, even if what she was saying was true, her sanctimonious smug act was so disgusting that it almost didn't matter what Kathy had said or done.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
18 minutes ago, politichick said:

Yeah, those episodes were on Bravo yesterday and Rinna's behavior was seriously vile. It was, like, even if what she was saying was true, her sanctimonious smug act was so disgusting that it almost didn't matter what Kathy had said or done.

Kyle making herself the complete victim in this is what kills me.. so you tell me Kathy and Kim just randomly attack her and she did absolutely nothing? GIRL .. we have seen you talk mad shit about both of them sometimes on this show ... But sure Kyle go off on I wont be bullied by my sisters anymore narrative you are trying to spin like you arnt on tape .. she was literally pitting Kims kids against her ..... like come on 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 10
  • Applause 5
On 10/30/2023 at 3:02 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I believe Kathy had a meltdown and said a lot of things she later wish she hadn't. I also believe Rinna exaggerated the hell out of the scenario.  Rinna jumped at the chance to use Kathy's words to pump up the drama and bring her down, despite being Kyle's sister.  We've all seen Rinna have many temper tantrums on  our tvs, too, so why is she being so self-righteous?  I'm just so elated I have a Rinna-free tv at the moment!  Cheers!

• Like 17
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Argh. Can someone remind me WHY Kathy Hilton had this tantrum? Was it because others promised her that they would give her camera time to promote the alcohol brand? The DJ wouldn’t play Michael Jackson?

I think it was because of the vodka and she thought Kyle wasn’t being supportive enough? But who knows. I don’t think even Kathy knew.

Rinna blew this up, beginning with making a loud point of ordering Kris Jenner’s booze within Kathy’s earshot. I still find it vile that Rinna was throwing around “psychotic break” just for the drama. That is a very loaded term.

3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I believe Kathy had a meltdown and said a lot of things she later wish she hadn't. I also believe Rinna exaggerated the hell out of the scenario.  Rinna jumped at the chance to use Kathy's words to pump up the drama and bring her down, despite being Kyle's sister.  We've all seen Rinna have many temper tantrums on  our tvs, too, so why is she being so self-righteous?  I'm just so elated I have a Rinna-free tv at the moment!  Cheers!

The odor from Rinna lingers on and on and on…

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 4
  • Applause 6
On 10/26/2023 at 6:11 AM, Chatty Cake said:

These ladies could have a preschool teacher do the healing work as they do the hokey okey pokey. We all know they will be screaming at each other in no time.

Or a preschool student.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7
19 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Kathy got blinding drunk, may have said a lot of outrageous stuff on the ride home with Rinna that was foggy later, and since they were the only people in the van, it was a golden opportunity for Rinna to construct a narrative that Kathy couldn’t refute.

Or… nothing much happened and Rinna was talking out of her ass — again. Moral: Never be left alone with Lisa Rinna, and definitely do not drink when in her presence.

• Like 17
On 10/29/2023 at 9:43 AM, ZettaK said:

Yes. Kim was wildly out of control when Rinna made that comment. It was much worse than what was shown on the show. (And what we saw on the show was bad enough.) I remember her getting arrested at the Beverly Hills Hotel because she didn't get the booth she wanted at the Polo Lounge. Kim was a hot mess during every season she was a full time cast member and her issues continued even when she was no longer on the show.

On 10/30/2023 at 6:29 AM, dosodog said:

Rinna has most definitely lied in the past. I especially appreciate you mentioning the Munchhausen stuff because hell yes her ass lied about multiple aspects of that whole storyline. Not only is Rinna a liar but she's the type of person who doesn't tell the full story, just the parts she wants a person to hear. She was the worst shit stirrer to date on the show and I never want Andy to take his finger off of the pause button when it comes to her. 

All that being said--she was not wrong about Kim. Rinna being Rinna, she didn't handle it well of course, and it's fair to say that she wasn't coming from a good place when she made the "close to death" comment...but at the end of the day she wasn't wrong about Kim. I don't remember if that comment was made before or after the car ride with Kim, but Rinna saw with her own eyes that Kim was in a bad place regarding her substance abuse issues. Kim hasn't been on the show for awhile so it's easy to forget how awful and out of control she was. She was *never* sober on the show. Even when she was "sober" she was highly and inappropriately medicated. "Accidentally" taking pills that she wasn't supposed to be taking, stuff like that. I remember Yolanda trying to be her sober buddy one season and Kim couldn't have been less interested in the sobriety she was claiming to care about. She always had an excuse for why she was out of her mind. Her kids made it clear what a mess she is in terms of drugs and alcohol, and the reason I doubt she's completely changed is because she never fully admitted the extent of her problem, and you can't recover until you can admit that there is indeed a problem. I'm glad that she's enjoying being a grandmother and seems to be in a healthier place than she was years ago, but I'll always have my doubts when it comes to her sobriety unless her attitude about it has radically changed off camera.

Regarding this episode, my heart hurt for Garcelle. Teens can be tough, yikes. 

I liked seeing the friendship between Sutton and Jennifer Tilly. I like lighthearted stuff like this.

I'm feeling Dorit's darker hair. 

Not buying Erika excuses for her heartless BS. Each franchise has their worst person and Erika is an all time villain. She's right up there with Brandi.  They don't care about anyone but themseves. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Like 13
On 10/25/2023 at 10:29 PM, Pi237 said:

That ‘you weren’t a parent when I needed you to be’ comment would break my heart. But He’s young and has no clue right now. He’ll be apologizing for that when he gets older, especially if he has kids of his own. 

Don't be too sure. It's all the rage for people to be unapologetically offended by their childhood if it doesn't meet the fairytale standards of today. I get working through childhood trauma but as the years go on it's getting more and more acceptable to point fingers and shame parents for not being perfect or not delivering A-Z of "required" parenting. I'm getting ready for my sons "sit down" when he's in his early/mid twenties to tell me how he felt it was "unacceptable" for me to have.................................... and boy oh boy is that not going to be a good day for either of us. Just sayin'.

Now a days it's encouraged for people to look around and find somewhere to place their unresolved issues and complaints and hurts and grievances etc. etc. and yup you guessed it a lot of it is directed back home. 

I'm all for working stuff out and achieving better mental health but I do think it's a bit distasteful how society encourages such a harsh doses of shame and guilt in order to achieve these goals. Parents were once children too as well as just human and there's this unrealistic expectation that somehow some way Parents should magically morph into "do no wrong" beings once children become part of the equation and that just ain't it. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 10/26/2023 at 11:42 AM, Lady of nod said:

After rewatching season 1 this week (the dinner party from hell never gets old)I have to say Alison wasn't wrong. 

I have never liked Kyle. Sure there were some moments with LVP that were funny, but she is the quintessential mean girl. The only difference between her and Erika is that she hides it better and I'll give her the fact that she is a good mom. But right from the beginning she treated "hard to love" Kim like shit, and it's never a good look to do that to family. And while I wouldn't  put it past her to create this marriage split for a story line, I don't think that's true. We'll see. But something is definitely off with her. while her body is looking good, her face has changed and as someone above said, there is no sparkle in her eyes. I watched WWHL(hardly ever do, hate Andy) with her and Teddy and they're both angry women, and unlikeable.

Erika - you can't learn to be empathetic. It's ingrained in most humans. You can learn to not be a total bitch though, maybe try that.

I was so excited about this franchise because Little House on the Prairie is my FAVORITE show in the whole wide world so I couldn't wait to see Kyle. I also remembered Kim from a few movies I saw when I was little as well as the one episode of LHOTP she was on as well (she played a girl named Olga, with uneven legs, One of my favorite episodes :-)

So I was so very shocked and disappointed to see that Kyle was/is the ultimate mean girl and I felt terrible for Kim. Throughout the seasons I've gone up and down with Kyle because she does have some favorable traits and can tone it down when she needs a redemption season so her funny side gets more screen time but yeah Kyle is one spoiled unlikeable brat. 

• Like 7

It's possible Garcelle was not around much as she pursued her career and had to travel.

I question any parent who pushes their kids in front of a camera, especially for reality TV. But it seemed as if Garcelle's kids were open to it, especially the adult who was hoping to get some work out of it.

But at some point reality TV kids always get vicious blowback from the public, even if we are not aware of it. Even sophisticated privileged kids who have been exposed to social media in their private lives cannot fathom how nasty and overwhelming it can be. As we all know, a TV villain will stoop low enough to hire bots to attack these kids.

So Garcelle's kids probably have some justified resentment. As for voicing it on TV, Garcelle opened that can of worms by encouraging them to step in front of the cameras. (See Lisa Barlow and her son Jack on RHoSLC.)

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 10/28/2023 at 3:53 PM, Starlight925 said:

Exactly.  

Good for her for getting the $3.6 million a year.   But  don't be all "I am Woman hear me roar",  I did it all on my own.

Of course, the producers played with her, filming her while she was a talking about how she wants to model financial freedom for her children, mommy did it all alone, while they found that news article and highlighted her $300K a year support while she talked.  Ha.

But she is modeling financial freedom and I don't think she's trying to claim she's done everything on her own. Financial freedom means managing money well and maintaining what you have and being smart about money. You can have tons of money and not know how to hold on to it. 

Besides financial freedom isn't synonymous with pulling yourself up by your bootstraps. You can be proud of smart living and smart financial planning no matter where your funds come from as long as you continue to nurture the process productively. Generational wealth is a hard thing to create and/or maintain so Sutton expressing her thinking isn't necessarily invalid. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 10/31/2023 at 10:03 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Kyle making herself the complete victim in this is what kills me.. so you tell me Kathy and Kim just randomly attack her and she did absolutely nothing? GIRL .. we have seen you talk mad shit about both of them sometimes on this show ... But sure Kyle go off on I wont be bullied by my sisters anymore narrative you are trying to spin like you arnt on tape .. she was literally pitting Kims kids against her ..... like come on 

THIS!!!! I mean it's ON THE DAMN SHOW how shitty Kyle has been to Kim. The whole narrative always left me with my eyes set on permanent roll. So Kyle's the saint sister who has been abused by Kim and Kathy ALL her life???? I've always been of the opinion that Kyle shares the toxic dysfunction equally with her sisters and I've never been on board with the narrative that any one was more or less to blame for their overall relationship with one another. Personally I think Kyle is worse than the other two because I think she's the most manipulative of the three but that's just me. 

• Like 7
On 11/10/2023 at 3:18 PM, princelina said:

Spend some time living with an alcoholic/addict and you  will see what manipulation is (or not - you could be like my mother 😄)

Been there done that. Mother was an alcoholic and older sister both drug addict and alcoholic. I still think Kyle is the worse out of the three because she comes across and just plain meanspirited. Granted it's most likely a lifetime worth of resentment but Kyle isn't the only one that suffered a toxic childhood. All three had the same mother and yet Kyle seems to think she was the only "victim" in that family dynamic. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Been there done that. Mother was an alcoholic and older sister both drug addict and alcoholic. I still think Kyle is the worse out of the three because she comes across and just plain meanspirited. Granted it's most likely a lifetime worth of resentment but Kyle isn't the only one that suffered a toxic childhood. All three had the same mother and yet Kyle seems to think she was the only "victim" in that family dynamic. 

I think she also has an adulthood of cleaning up messes and taking care of things and then being treated like she's the asshole.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, princelina said:

I think she also has an adulthood of cleaning up messes and taking care of things and then being treated like she's the asshole.

Kyle doesn't just have moments, there's a pattern in how she expresses her resentments towards her sisters. All I'm saying is that she is also a part of the problem and I don't give her any passes just because Kim's an alcoholic and Kathy is overbearing. ALL three of them have been negatively affected by their toxic childhood. To me, Kyle leans into that a little too much and uses it against the others. Weaponizing their issues is where I get my extra distaste for Kyle in particular. 

My annoyance with Kyle isn't that she has hang up and resentments. It's when she acts like she's the LONE suffering sister that takes constant abuse when she's no shrinking violent or saint. She has just as much toxic qualities as her sisters and uses them when it suits her. Constantly playing martyr while demonizing her sisters is one that particularly annoys the crap outta me. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
On 11/15/2023 at 2:26 PM, Yours Truly said:

TBF, so does Kim, just in a different way.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

TBF, so does Kim, just in a different way.

.......while suffering from mental illness which is why, in my opinion, makes Kyle's manipulation and lashing out worse. 

I'm not saying they don't have issues but ALL THREE  of them have them and for me, it's always going to be about Kyle trying to monopolize the trauma as just hers while ignoring that her sisters grew up under some pretty heavy circumstances too.  The constant cry for empathy and sympathy by constantly throwing her sisters under the bus is what turns me off. 

Now she's crying about how Mo isn't delivering what she needs and how she's always made decisions for others. Hey, growth is good, self discovery is awesome but going on a journey for better mental health should be positive. Apparently Kyle's rebirth (which should be a positive experience) is going to come with how more people have disappointed her, mistreated her or haven't been there for her. 

To be honest, I think her particular gift from that childhood is never ever truly being happy with anyone around her because she's always in a state of victimization. She has an overwhelming need to be acknowledged at all times, for all things, and for all roles or else you've taken advantage of her and are ungrateful. It's a shame that's where she's headed but that's the true cross she's bearing. It's not Kim, not Kathy, not Mauricio. None of these people are putting that cross on her back. She's picked it up with gusto and what's driving that is HER personal trauma stemming from her childhood. That's not something she really wants to look at. Sure she can acknowledge all of Kim's faults and Kathy's faults and how trying it was growing up but Kyle has yet to claim any dysfunction other than "caring too much" as her lasting scar <eyeroll>.

Kim has her demons and I'm sure Kathy has hers but Kyle tries to convince herself and the world that her demons aren't self imposed, but instead put upon her by Kim and Kathy and now apparently Mo. The only responsibility she accepts comes with the description of "I'm this way because I've always been the one to accommodate" yet again making it about other people. She needs to accept that she's also adopted some toxic traits throughout the years Kathy and Kim acquired theirs but you never see her use that sort of narrative. It's always in the context of how she has been a victim while denying that same victim status for her two sisters.

That's never lost on me which is why I tend to sour towards Kyle. No self awareness at all and yet she wants others to be mindful of how THEY affect HER and HER mood and emotions. She needs some self reflection and some serious self awareness and she needs to stop making it about everyone else's crime against her. Even while she working on bettering herself it's now come with "revelations" that others aren't measuring up to her expectations. I'm saying, Kyle loves that bus and loves tossing people under it.  

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
On 11/16/2023 at 3:15 PM, Yours Truly said:

.......while suffering from mental illness which is why, in my opinion, makes Kyle's manipulation and lashing out worse. 

Sure, Kim's a known addict and Kyle at this point isn't, but they're still both presenting themselves as the big victim and whose problems aren't self-imposed, and Kim was plenty good at manipulating her version of it as well. She never did it the way Kyle does, but that would be self-defeating for her. Kim's thing is that she's special and supported the family all by herself (as she tells it) and it's left her too vulnerable, innocently impractical and fragile to be counted on for anything.

Kyle wasn't special, so made a role for herself being competent and practical and managing things like her mother's helper, and whenever people get annoyed at her (for good reason) she wails about how she's always trying to help everyone.

Kyle expects nobody to notice that a lot of her helping gives her a way of feeling superior (and that she loves getting a chance to publicly pick up after Kim) and Kim expects everybody to see her irresponsibilty as a byproduct of her quirky fragility. Both of them cry victim the most when they're being seflish, imo. Seems like of the two, Kyle's less successful at getting people to buy her martyr act.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
On 10/29/2023 at 11:16 PM, Chalby said:

I remember when Sutton was first introduced on the show, and she explained that her husband and she built his business together. Their success was achieved as a couple, And she did maintain the family and household for him. So that would be equivalent to Kyle deserving big $$ from Maurizio because she helped him start and build his business.

Sutton said on an episode after this that her husband didn't let her get involved in the business. On purpose. He was controlling. But women contribute to a marriage anyway, there was no prenup, and California is a community property state. Kyle can get half for the same reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 10/30/2023 at 4:11 PM, politichick said:

Sutton said on an episode after this that her husband didn't let her get involved in the company/boardroom, or really anything, including decisions about the children.

• Useful 1