Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: My Big Fat Weigh-In

• Start Topic

Oh god, the Glencroft dollhouse. I have that thing half-assembled in my spare closet and I'm trying to give it away. It's a huge PITA. And I mean HUGE. It takes up my entire dining room table. I traded it in for a laser-cut version in half the scale, which is a pain to furnish and decorate, but the Glencroft can go F itself. 

Actually if you had the space it's a lot of fun, I'm just mad it didn't work out for me. (The beams destroyed me.) I'm interested to see how Glen's finished project works out. He might be handier than me.

And iFLY IS NOT SKYDIVING. STOP IT. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I was confused about Lennie's scenes in tonight's episode 😄. First he and his dad show up with full scuba gear to film Whitney and Jessica's legs running underwater for 10 minutes and then they leave.  He next shows up for a scene with Glen discussing the asexual peck he was required to give Whitney last year on vacation 😂. "I have a girlfriend!" pleads poor old Lennie 😂😂😂 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
32 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Seriously.  I was expecting them to JUMP OUT OF A PERFECTLY GOOD AIRPLANE!!!

But no....  Still was hysterical that even when they turned the air up to hurricane level, old MBFFL Shitney couldn't get off the ground.

But but but..... she couldn't breathe!!! I would imagine her laying on her stomach would make it hard to breathe. It wasn't that it wouldn't lift her up. She didn't want to smothercate herself.

• LOL 5

I tried so hard to keep my sympathy feelings for Whitney because I know how it feels to lose your mom, but she is back to her pushy, controlling ways and it just infuriates me!  Who does she think she is taking over how someone celebrates their first anniversary?  I could tell whats-her-face didn't really want her involved, but I guess it's their job to do her bidding.  I can tell Hunter enjoys getting her upset.  Typical younger brother.  I love how he aggravates her.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, swankie said:

I tried so hard to keep my sympathy feelings for Whitney because I know how it feels to lose your mom, but she is back to her pushy, controlling ways and it just infuriates me!  Who does she think she is taking over how someone celebrates their first anniversary?  I could tell whats-her-face didn't really want her involved, but I guess it's their job to do her bidding.  I can tell Hunter enjoys getting her upset.  Typical younger brother.  I love how he aggravates her.

Hunter is older than Whitney 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

I’m sure Glenn told Lenny to call him ‘Glenn’ at some point, but it bothered me. Maybe the sentence itself, “yes, Glenn-do you want me to give you a description?”  A little too familiar and bold there, youngster. 

and who just plops on someone’s bed…in their shoes?  

ok everyone get off my lawn! 

Edited by Pi237
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5
15 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Way too many storylines- Glenn's grief, Lennie, Alabama daughter, Whitney bossing everyone around, NoBS water aerobics app, Hunter the slob. I want more of Todd's snark. 

They can cut any scenes of Whitney checking Glenn’s vitals. Also, most of the Angie stuff. They already addressed the situation. Just do a scene of everyone meeting, if you Have to. I don’t need to see every conversation discussing the family tree. 

I definitely missed Todd’s commentary. I’d be so mad at him if he were my friend, but as a viewer, he’s gold. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Pi237 said:

They can cut any scenes of Whitney checking Glenn’s vitals. Also, most of the Angie stuff. They already addressed the situation. Just do a scene of everyone meeting, if you Have to. I don’t need to see every conversation discussing the family tree. 

I definitely missed Todd’s commentary. I’d be so mad at him if he were my friend, but as a viewer, he’s gold. 

The scenes that Whit is giving Glenn a "checkup." WTF?? She is not a doctor. She doesn't even play one on TV. LOL.

Hopefully next week we will actually get to meet Angie and her family. They are dragging this out too long.

• Like 9

Is Hunter wearing lifts? Is he actually pocket-sized? How in the hell does he weigh 156? He looked smaller in the talking heads but I think my mental scale is off. I'm 5'7.5" and I look absolutely sickly and anemic at 155.

I thought the 'skydiving' was pretty cool. My dad is 79 and plays racquetball a few times per week so he's much more agile/mobile than Glenn, and I could see him trying this. I was happy for Glenn that he tried this and looked like he was having a great time.

When do we get to the point where Whitney tells Angie to lay off the god-awful heavy eyeliner? Holy hell.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was shocked Whitney was under 300. Guess it’s true what they say about tv adding pounds. Is she really short? I don’t mean to sound Iike I’m picking on her, not at all, just comparing her to myself and others, I’d guess 350. 

Good for Glenn for trying the indoor skydiving. It looked really Awkward, but fun. 

• Like 6
27 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Is she really short

Shitney has said she is only 5'1 or 5'2 (can't remember exactly) Hunter looks short to me, too. At that low weight he still has a lil' belly, no? 

Shitney still lies. She said in a previous episode she lost 40 lbs. and asked Buddy if he could see the difference. How would she know that if she never weighs herself? She knew exactly what she weighed. I still say Ozempic had something to do with it. Whatever. More power to her. She only has about 150 more pounds to go.

She could have been nicer when she saw Tal's home. It was adorable and all she did was look down her nose at it and fill her face with Chinese takeout.  Plus....did she break his damn bed? 

I know I'm the only one obsessed with this but.....still not a mention of Frenchman. Ya mean to tell me we endured an entire season of her crying and fan girling over this person, talking on the phone with him and him pretending to actually want to come and vacation with her and her friends and family and now not a mention? Sorry, I can't get over it. Say SOMETHING! Like hey, we tried but long distance wasn't working, we went our separate ways and are still friends. Give us some kind of closure! 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think Hunter lost some weight right after his mom died. You could really notice it in his talking head interviews. He looks to be rather short and if Whitney is 5 feet 1 or 2 inches...then he's probably only 5 foot 6 or 7 inches. Men weight more because they have a more muscular build. Plus muscle weighs more than fat! Whitney is huge, yes, but less dense if that makes sense. Also a woman. (recall her saying how buoyant she is in water, as in fat floats because there's more fat to muscle ratio)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

That whole scene with her screaming at Hunter for not cleaning out the room. ugh. Where do you begin? Yes, I agree with Whit. Unemployed or underemployed Hunter certainly had the time to clean out the room if that was going to be remodeled to become Glenn's new bedroom. But my question is did anyone ask Glenn what he wanted?? Maybe they did discuss it and it wasn't on air but it just seemed liked Whitney was making all the decisions. Glenn and and Hunter and Whitney should have sat down and discussed the options. Does Glenn want to keep the house or sell it? Does he want his bedroom upstairs or downstairs? Did he want his stuff thrown out?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, applewood said:

That whole scene with her screaming at Hunter for not cleaning out the room. ugh. Where do you begin? Yes, I agree with Whit. Unemployed or underemployed Hunter certainly had the time to clean out the room if that was going to be remodeled to become Glenn's new bedroom. But my question is did anyone ask Glenn what he wanted?? Maybe they did discuss it and it wasn't on air but it just seemed liked Whitney was making all the decisions. Glenn and and Hunter and Whitney should have sat down and discussed the options. Does Glenn want to keep the house or sell it? Does he want his bedroom upstairs or downstairs? Did he want his stuff thrown out?

She's so goddam bossy.   Like chill out! Blah blah blah blah....  She wants to run everyone's life.  I know it's her show but geez,...and she mentioned inheritance again.   That's gonna be a whole shit show of it's own.    When she rolled out of that pool, lmao.  ROLLED...I won't say what I thought cuz it's not allowed on here  🙃

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 9/27/2023 at 3:19 PM, bichonblitz said:

Shitney still lies. She said in a previous episode she lost 40 lbs. and asked Buddy if he could see the difference. How would she know that if she never weighs herself? She knew exactly what she weighed. 

Bingo!  That's all I could think about as I watched. Plus, she knew she had been around 350, so having known that she lost at least 40, would put her around 310. But she kept talking about how long it's been since she's been even close to 300, all the while knowing that she's already close, if not there already.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I guarantee you Whit knew how much she weighed before they every went to that place.  No way was she going to just watch while Hunter and Glenn had fun.  The trip would have been off if she was over the weight limit.  As it was she got bent out of shape because Hunter had fun doing it.

I've always thought that Babs and Glenn had wanted to remodel the downstairs bedroom and Whit convinced them to do it as part of the show.  I'm sure she or the producers sold it to them as they would get discounts on the work being done.  She still comes off really obnoxious about it, though.  Yes, Hunter should have cleaned up, but we know from Todd that her house has always been a pigsty.

I don't believe that Whitney is as chipper about this long lost half sister as she is trying to portray.  There have been several little things I have seen that indicate she is pissed, but doesn't want to show it on camera because she knows that cussing out her grieving father would not go over well.  First, she keeps harping about her inheritance.  Then when she was showing the family tree on the white board, she kept slamming the marker onto the board to point out each family member.  That was way more aggressive than it needed to be.  Then this episode she made the snide remark that Glenn got grandchildren and a great grandchild and he didn't have to do a thing.  After the hissy fit she threw when she found out Babs had been married before she ever met Glenn, I can't see her taking this news gracefully.

• Like 5

Whitney has to take her shoes and jewelry off before she's weighed to see if she's under 300 pounds in order to do the simulated skydiving.  Bullshit.  Anyone who's looking to those crutches to help manifest weight loss is not someone focused on losing weight but probably someone who's counting on a little weight subtraction because she's not been following any strict routine to lose weight and probably still chowing down on 750+ calorie drinks.

And despite the instructor telling her he's never had someone so big in the simulator - she's under the maximum of 300 pounds but it's only in that QVC world where 49.99$ is under 50$ really - she doesn't have any second thoughts about the skydiving.  Worse for the instructor, Whitney's question about his ever having handled someone her size leads to the inevitable and oh so very yucky and very direct flirting.  Heck, the instructor was good looking and had a great body, so why not see if he wants to fuck a Greensboro D-list celebrity?  You never know.  It's rather surprising that Whitney didn't press him any further after he escaped her clutches with his answer of being married.  For the life of me I'm not sure why Whitney wouldn't have opened up the possibility of threesome.  Yucky here pretty much defies math-yucky equals yucky squared when it comes to Whitney.

Todd is very off this season, as if he's been hit with a gag order.  Hunter is not a good substitute.  

Any other network would put the show on hiatus and maybe try to retool the storyline and characters if not during this dreadfully boring season then after (if not mercifully canceled after this season).  Nobody caring at the top is leading me to do the same.  

• Like 3

I've always thought that Babs and Glenn had wanted to remodel the downstairs bedroom and Whit convinced them to do it as part of the show. 

Last season, or the one before that, Glenn and Babs absolutely did not want to move their main bedroom downstairs. Whit was trying to convince them and they kept telling her they weren't ready. Not sure if Glenn changed his mind at some point but I don't think Babs ever did, though at some point it was fairly clear she wouldn't be returning home.

• Like 3
On 10/1/2023 at 9:44 AM, CainF said:

Worse for the instructor, Whitney's question about his ever having handled someone her size leads to the inevitable and oh so very yucky and very direct flirting.  Heck, the instructor was good looking and had a great body, so why not see if he wants to fuck a Greensboro D-list celebrity?  You never know.  It's rather surprising that Whitney didn't press him any further after he escaped her clutches with his answer of being married.  For the life of me I'm not sure why Whitney wouldn't have opened up the possibility of threesome.  Yucky here pretty much defies math-yucky equals yucky squared when it comes to Whitney.

I'm pretty sure every wind tunnel is required to employ at least one person named Caleb. I think I've met a Caleb in each of the four tunnels I've flown in.

Me, to my wife: "mildly attractive, inappropriately young guy? I'm surprised she's not flir--"

Whitney: "HEY CALEB, ARE YOU SINGLE?"

Me: "Never mind."

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I could have sworn before the commercial that scale stopped at 303.  A scale doesn't stop at a number and then all of a sudden go down 5 or 6 lbs.  I think that whole thing was manipulated to get her in there.  

On 10/1/2023 at 12:12 PM, Meow Mix said:

I don't believe that Whitney is as chipper about this long lost half sister as she is trying to portray.  There have been several little things I have seen that indicate she is pissed, but doesn't want to show it on camera because she knows that cussing out her grieving father would not go over well.  

Oh I believe she's seething inside.  She won't be the center of attention in Glenn's life anymore.  Her comments about not giving her parents grandchildren and this woman comes in with an instant slew of grands shows that it is eating her up inside.  Her new sister comes into the picture already beating her on that score.  I think that's why we see her being so competitive in the previews.  And Glenn doesn't realize the monster he and Babs created letting Whitney run everything. I can see her and her big sister bumping heads real soon. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2