Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Spilling the JT

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, aghst said:

How many of them went to and finished college?

Not that it's required for interesting conversation but maybe would make them more inclined to read as well as have some domain knowledge.

They're older than the VPR cast but maybe not much more educated or well-ready or knowledgeable, even self-taught.

The Vanderpump Rules cast is far less educated in every sense.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4

JT is such a try hard trying to fit in with that group. He needs Shep to shine on him so he feels important. 
Taylor needs to go back to go back into being an orthodontic assistant and not hang out in bars in a sleezy dress trying to sell that stupid drink to douche bros. She’s better than that but I think she wants to make Shep jealous. Her parents need to come get her and take her back to church! Lol

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 9/24/2023 at 10:39 AM, MrBuhBye said:

I mean she dodged a bullet because even if he did marry her he would cheat constantly. She seems dim-witted.

Totally. I don't know why she ever thought Shep would marry her. She had 6 seasons of this show, plus his 1-season spin-off "RelationShep", where he's constantly saying he doesn't want to get married or have kids. He even told her during their pregnancy scare that he would not be a good person to have kids with. So, if Taylor was blindsided by Shep not marrying her, then she's either very dim or very stuck on herself who thought she could lock him down. Delusional. When people tell you who they are, believe them. Shep told Taylor multiple times how he is. If she didn't believe him, that's on her.

Shep needs to stop dating 20-somethings who want to get married. That's not him, and that's fine. Not everyone is cut out to be married or parents and I appreciate that Shep is honest with himself about that. He needs to date a 40-something divorcee or widow, whose done having kids/has grown kids and has no desire to get married again. She could even call him out because he's shown to not mind being called out or challenged--I think he even likes to be challenged some. Enough with the doe-eyed 20-somethings who want families.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Book Junkie said:

Totally. I don't know why she ever thought Shep would marry her. She had 6 seasons of this show, plus his 1-season spin-off "RelationShep", where he's constantly saying he doesn't want to get married or have kids. He even told her during their pregnancy scare that he would not be a good person to have kids with. So, if Taylor was blindsided by Shep not marrying her, then she's either very dim or very stuck on herself who thought she could lock him down. Delusional. When people tell you who they are, believe them. Shep told Taylor multiple times how he is. If she didn't believe him, that's on her.

Shep needs to stop dating 20-somethings who want to get married. That's not him, and that's fine. Not everyone is cut out to be married or parents and I appreciate that Shep is honest with himself about that. He needs to date a 40-something divorcee or widow, whose done having kids/has grown kids and has no desire to get married again. She could even call him out because he's shown to not mind being called out or challenged--I think he even likes to be challenged some. Enough with the doe-eyed 20-somethings who want families.

Taylor comes off as very young and naive. It’s not unusual for a young woman with little dating experience to think that the power of her love will change a man. He never committed before because he didn’t meet me, his soulmate. I think by the time a woman is Taylor’s age they usually figure out that’s not the way love/relationships/ commitment/personality traits works. But this knowledge usually comes as lessons learned the hard way. I’m not entirely sure that she even learned the lesson here yet, since she’s still so angry at Shep for not giving up cheating for her etc. She still hasn’t caught on that not even her love was enough to completely change the core values of a middle aged man who always told her exactly what to expect—and what not to expect in dating him. At some point she has to take accountability for choosing to stay with him for as long as she did—and in doing so set some basic standards for herself on what she will and will not accept in a partner moving forward. On the reverse side, yes, Shep probably chooses women in their 20s because they’re hot…but also impressionable and willing to put up with this bullshit. For the most part, I presume women in their 30s and 40s see the red flags waving and briskly keep on moving!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, Book Junkie said:

But unfortunately, Shep likes them young. He would never go for a woman in his age group.

The only reason Shep didn't cheat (or he did very little) the couple of years he was with Taylor is because he was mostly trapped at home because of Covid. He couldn't go to bars, or travel. The second he could, he started doing it again. Taylor was too naive (or arrogant) to realize this. 

Taylor was very angry (at the reunion, and during the first episode) because Shep hooked up with various women AFTER they broke up (not only during their relationship). I guess it was because it happened so soon after.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, zenme said:

Shep also used to belittle her and yell at her. That would’ve been enough for me to leave, and says a lot about her and her self esteem.

Forgot about that!  Shep is no prize but, the heart wants what it wants and Taylor wanted to be Mrs. Rose. She is the girl who got closest to that and I’m sure it is hard for her to let go of that dream. I do feel for her. 

WHY is she not going back to being an orthodontic assistant which is a good job? So lame to suddenly be a “sales girl” with no experience. She has lost who she was-a sweet, regular (but beautiful) girl with strong religious beliefs. Now she is trying too hard to be a Bravolebrity, total life downgrade. 

Other thoughts: I really liked Olivia’s date. He definitely seemed into her, was very sweet and looked at her a lot. The day date was uncomfortable though. They need more night scenes on this show. 😄

Austen and Olivia were never believable, not for one second. Eyeroll. Zero chemistry! I used to like Austen more but am losing respect as he comes back year after year still single, still unemployed. Hopefully he and Taylor do end up together, they have actual chemistry. 

I detest Madison. She’s a cold bitch and her marriage feels fake somehow. I just struggle to see her in domestic bliss; she  is too conniving and heartless. I also laughed at her throwing away the dildo with distaste. Honey, puhleaze. We see you Madison. We know who you are. 

• Like 4
On 9/23/2023 at 3:35 PM, wallies said:

I'm all for Madison settling down and Brett sure is cute, but no way is it going to work long-term with him in CA and her in SC. If he works three days and is off eight, that's about six seven-hour plane rides/month, not including time in the airport. Wonder if he's one of those guys with a girl in every port? 

I doubt he’s a Fireman.  You can’t just demote yourself to a desk job because you want to like Madison said.   Maybe in California it’s different.  Who knows.

• Like 2
On 9/23/2023 at 8:00 PM, Marley said:

JT seems like a total bullshitter. I don’t really believe anything he says.

He has a Napolean complex. Short dude, average looks, juvenile personality, nothing special up against giants. Austin 6'5, Shep 6'3 and Craig 6 ft or 6'1. Even Madisons hubby is 6'3 (he said so on WWHL the other night)These are big guys and good looking. JT needs to have a big mouth and stir shit to get any attention at all.

He may be obsessed with Taylor but I doubt she would give him the time of day. 

Speaking of Taylor. What's all the attention about? Another cute southern blonde that has a bad picker. That's all she is. BRAVO let's get off the Taylor is a queen BS. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Yes Taylor is a Queen is giving me bad flashbacks to Brittany being a queen on VPR. They aren’t they just picked total dbag partners even tho those dbags have shown exactly who they are to them. Taylor can’t lead the show. Neither can Madison.

• Like 5
19 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Taylor comes off as very young and naive. It’s not unusual for a young woman with little dating experience to think that the power of her love will change a man. He never committed before because he didn’t meet me, his soulmate. I think by the time a woman is Taylor’s age they usually figure out that’s not the way love/relationships/ commitment/personality traits works. But this knowledge usually comes as lessons learned the hard way. I’m not entirely sure that she even learned the lesson here yet, since she’s still so angry at Shep for not giving up cheating for her etc. She still hasn’t caught on that not even her love was enough to completely change the core values of a middle aged man who always told her exactly what to expect—and what not to expect in dating him. At some point she has to take accountability for choosing to stay with him for as long as she did—and in doing so set some basic standards for herself on what she will and will not accept in a partner moving forward. On the reverse side, yes, Shep probably chooses women in their 20s because they’re hot…but also impressionable and willing to put up with this bullshit. For the most part, I presume women in their 30s and 40s see the red flags waving and briskly keep on moving!

Absolutely. Taylor's not really angry at Shep--not deep down. She's really angry and frustrated with herself for being so naive that she thought she could change Shep and/or that she wasted so much time on Shep when she really knew all along that he wasn't going to put a ring on her finger.

Yes, she's pretty naive and immature, but I'm still annoyed with her for being angry at someone who was pretty upfront about how he felt. 

• Like 4

That was a weird little bit in her talking head when Madison asked if she had winked and then said something about her eye being paralyzed.  

Even if Madison isn't doing Patricia's hair any more, she may know stuff!!!

Dog waste centered epi, with Whitney picking up one of those ankle biters' pee pad (or was that last time?) and the whole pollute the creek deal.  I will say that corgi that greeted Olivia and Taylor while they were on the bench was quiet cute.

• Like 2
On 9/27/2023 at 12:33 PM, Book Junkie said:

Absolutely. Taylor's not really angry at Shep--not deep down. She's really angry and frustrated with herself for being so naive that she thought she could change Shep and/or that she wasted so much time on Shep when she really knew all along that he wasn't going to put a ring on her finger.

Yes, she's pretty naive and immature, but I'm still annoyed with her for being angry at someone who was pretty upfront about how he felt. 

I think she is more angry at Shep and his friends than herself.

On 9/27/2023 at 11:43 AM, bichonblitz said:

He has a Napolean complex. Short dude, average looks, juvenile personality, nothing special up against giants. Austin 6'5, Shep 6'3 and Craig 6 ft or 6'1. Even Madisons hubby is 6'3 (he said so on WWHL the other night)These are big guys and good looking. JT needs to have a big mouth and stir shit to get any attention at all.

He may be obsessed with Taylor but I doubt she would give him the time of day. 

Speaking of Taylor. What's all the attention about? Another cute southern blonde that has a bad picker. That's all she is. BRAVO let's get off the Taylor is a queen BS. 

Craig is 6'3, as well. Poor JT....

• LOL 1
On 9/22/2023 at 10:24 AM, kristen111 said:

Yuk.  A bunch of overgrown frat boys bar crawling in the middle of the day.  Is this their only source of income?  I know Patricia was recognized in the Art world in New York City, but she’s acting like she’s Royalty in Charleston.  She overdoes it telling Whitney how to sit properly.

I love her being a mother and telling her 50-something son to sit up straight while he criticizes her artsy "form over function" chair selection. It's funny because they both have a dry wit that entertains while the rest of the show is mostly dull and repetitive. I also enjoy that there's obvious affection between them. I hope we get a short Pat-Whit interlude every episode. Not much else to look forward to.

On 9/22/2023 at 11:48 AM, Thumper said:

It’s weird to see Taylor and Olivia as the main women in the show.  And Madison as the “settled down” one.🙄.  Except for her talking heads when her bountiful breasts were on display. 

It finally struck me (I'm oblivious I guess) that the bountiful breasts on display are probably to attract a male audience to this show. I know a few husbands of friends who admit to watching it with their wife and "getting hooked" and now I can imagine why: Bros drinking together and talking about women, young blondes, and boobs spilling out of dresses.

On 9/23/2023 at 12:45 AM, izabella said:

Shep talking about how progressive it is for "girls" to want careers like it's a new thing was hilarious.   As were his views on lust and love being different...well, yes, they are!  Is he just now getting that?  I think he's afraid no woman will love him as unconditionally as he loves himself, and he really doesn't want to change his lifestyle for anyone, nor answer to anyone.

Shep really has shown his old-fashioned and misogynist attitudes from the first. He's always aware of his wealth and wanted a woman who could fit in with his family's "lifestyle", yet the older he grows the less likely that he'll find a good (attractive, educated, smart, mature, good morals, etc.) woman with some wealth and "background" that would want anything to do with him, such as expecting him to grow up and act like an adult.

The thing about Shep is exactly what @izabella said, he doesn't want to be accountable to anyone. IMO it's because he's actually insecure and afraid that someone will expect more of him and that he couldn't live up to it. He's lucky he got this show or he'd just be bumming around Charleston piddling in "investment" businesses, golfing and drinking and bothering young women. Oh wait, that's basically what he does now.

On 9/23/2023 at 11:26 AM, aghst said:

Yeah he's a producer so they can push whatever narrative he wants.  If he's really relying on mommy's money, it's pretty pathetic.

Even if he isn't, so far most of his scenes are with mommy so not a good look for a fifty something bachelor.

I'd say Whitney makes enough producer money now that he isn't relying on mommy's money anymore, although of course he knows he will inherit a lot. 

I love their interactions and would enjoy seeing a lot more of them. They actually have a bit of true Southern flair.

• Like 5
On 9/23/2023 at 8:12 PM, aghst said:

If Brett is rich through, why would they lie about how he's rich.  Fireman is better than if he came from a wealthy family like Shep?

But the thing about him being in CA so he's not always around, that must be an excuse so that Madison is seen by herself or being with the other cast members this season.

Some reality shows have cast pretending to live somewhere but they just fly in to shoot the season, like Sieta Key.  That show also had fake relationships.

Call me crazy, but I don’t think there is a marriage at all.  It’s all bullshit.  I hardly watch anymore as the cast is not interesting.  Drinking and and sleeping with one another.  Became very boring, plus I’m tired of Shep.  He’s a man/child loser who just waits for those checks to come in.  He should be ashamed of himself.  Austin too .. the big lover, lol.  We never even see his factory where his beer is made.  What a joke.

• Like 1