Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E13: Eviction #4

Message added by Dustbunny,

Please Remember:  NO LIVE FEEDS TALK IN THE EPISODE THREADS.

• Start Topic

“You know the transmission that Red just read from the bank suction thing?  I, Julie Chen Moonves, am here to reiterate THAT EXACT SAME THING.”

Love how Jag was booted unanimously (…sigh) but when he’s back in the house the hamsters celebrate like they didn’t just bounce his ass.

• Like 10
  • LOL 5

Here's the thing about Cirie. She was absolutely done dirty by the SURVIVOR production company to save the castaway they wanted to win engendering great sympathy for her being robbed. If we had never seen her again she would have been a legend for all time. Now all that goodwill is taking a tarnishing.

How ironic is it not that two wrongs don't make a right that another production is doing everything they can to ensure the one they want to win wins?

Tie for most pathetic: Matt ceding his game to Cirie or Cirie actively trying to convince her own son to vote out his squeeze.

Cameron and Red...dead men walking.

Point to Julie for saying next Thursday a houseguest will be evicted...I promise! That was funny.

Gee did anyone really believe that houseguests with zero airtime would win the vote to play?

Which brings me to MeCole...can they please give us something? ANYTHING? Does she have any friends in the house let alone a ride or die? I'm afraid her future is to coast along to the end when she will be used as a tool by the core group of Izzy/Felicia/Cirie to vote out whoever they need until they dispense with her too and it will be she was on for an entire season and we hardly knew ye.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Tie for most pathetic: Matt ceding his game to Cirie ...

He didn't.  He just slipped up to the final three in her mind.  At final 3 it is a competition that favors the young and strong usually.  He just may have become the favorite to win this season.

Not that he was thinking that smartly when he told Cirie but Cirie knows that indeed real trust is golden in a reality game.  Move over stupid Jared, Cirie just adopted a better son in this game.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 10
  • LOL 2

Ugh, Was hoping for a miracle that blue would get evicted. Can’t stand her over the top obnoxiousness, always checking herself out, yelling in the diary room. 

Jared’s lying to himself if he thinks, she would actually give him a chance outside the BB house. 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Doesn't anyone have the brains to throw a vote to the other person to sow paranoia?

Well Matt and Cirie wanted a unanimous vote to fool Cameron into thinking they were all in it together with him while knowing well what the outcome would actually be.  Jag staying is going to make Cameron far more paranoid then any little hinky vote would  have.

• Like 4

Cameron was pissed. Can't say I blame him.

I'm guessing this week's twist was to make up for Luke being expelled, as they now have the same number of players as they would have had otherwise. Remember that this season is scheduled to go into early November.

Cirie is getting the winner's edit and Meme is getting the invisible edit. I'd honestly forgotten she was on the show until she voted.

• Like 2

Poor Bowie Jane and Meme are getting purpled to no end.

I’m still baffled as to why the Kirsten eviction happened when Luke had been expelled earlier that week. 

Edited by jsm1125
  • Like 1

I, too, wasn't surprised about the 'invincibility' prize to keep negate an eviction.  I figured they needed to counterbalance Luke's exit.  But, I was surprised that Matt didn't keep it another week just in case he was up for eviction (and then just save someone next week).  

The secret challenge reminded me of similar challenges from Survivor so I wonder if the producers were hoping Cirie would win.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

The secret challenge reminded me of similar challenges from Survivor so I wonder if the producers were hoping Cirie would win.

She doesn't have to win it as long as one of her puppets does, only when she is in trouble will she need to actually win something.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Given Cirie never won those types of challenges ever if there was any rigging it was for her to lose.  Winning competitions was never ever her thing.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

But, I was surprised that Matt didn't keep it another week just in case he was up for eviction (and then just save someone next week). 

Yeah, I thought it was crazy for him to do that instead of saving it for himself in case he's nominated next week.  

• Like 3

I am not sure that this was to make up for Luke’s ouster. Did the winner HAVE to use it? Sure, no reason not to, but they couldn’t be certain it would be used. Many an idiot have been voted off with idols in their pockets on Survivor. 

40 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yeah, I thought it was crazy for him to do that instead of saving it for himself in case he's nominated next week.  

That's what I was thinking too, but if Cirie promised him a Final Four in exchange for using it this week, he'd be very smart to take that deal. Once it gets down to him, Cirie, Jared and Izzy, he'd be a real threat to win enough challenges (Veto and/or HoH) to keep himself around until the final vote.

1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Matt redeemed himself to me by using the power to keep Jag.

Which fucking America voted for Cirie, ‘cause I don’t see all the hullabaloo over her, I really don’t and I resent her being there.

Her arrogance is a little off-putting, but I have to give her credit: she knows it's a game and is playing it very well right now.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Silver-hyren said:

IIRC Cirie was really good at the social game of Survivor and orchestrated some spectacular moves that got strong players voted out.

For me, isn’t that the purpose or strategy of the game?  While in tribes you vote out the weakest player to keep the tribe strong. Once there is a merge, the strongest players should be voted out first so if you are a weaker player you have a better chance to win. 

7 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

For me, isn’t that the purpose or strategy of the game?  While in tribes you vote out the weakest player to keep the tribe strong. Once there is a merge, the strongest players should be voted out first so if you are a weaker player you have a better chance to win. 

True, but on paper she was one of the "weak players" that should have been voted out early (she was afraid of leaves).  She worked her way to be the head of her alliance and played people against each other so she could stay off everyone's radar.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I, too, wasn't surprised about the 'invincibility' prize to keep negate an eviction.  I figured they needed to counterbalance Luke's exit.  But, I was surprised that Matt didn't keep it another week just in case he was up for eviction (and then just save someone next week).  

It's a pity that she wasn't able to come anywhere near the other times or I have little doubt that she would have "won".  But even Queen Cirie knew she was useless.

Edited by Halting Hex
20 hours ago, Skooma said:

He didn't.  He just slipped up to the final three in her mind. 

Or he was kissing ass blindly and got a nice soundbite out of it.  Which will be promptly forgotten when she needs to dump him.

Also, he looked like a giant tool with the shirt unbuttoned down to his navel to show his shaved chest, with the crucifix on the chain.  I've never been a Christian, but I doubt that Jesus considered manscaping one of the primary tenets of the faith.

I know this is just my searing hatred for Cirie speaking, but I honestly don't get why players line up to be her minions.

She's not a winner; she's never even reached Final Tribal on Survivor.

She's useless in competitions.

She doesn't even know how to spell "loyalty".  She'll cut anyone, any time.  She has no interest in forming any real bonds.

Her "strategic" skills are way over-rated.  It's been 33 seasons since the 3-2-1 vote (which for all we know, the Survivor producers might have thought up for her).  Suckering Ice Cream Eric wasn't her idea (Parv and Natalie, IIRC) and it's not as if that required any brilliance, give how monumentally stupid Eric was.

She's beloved in the fandom, but so what?  You're an alumnus now, too.  You'll get fans of your own.  You'll get invited into all the cool parties, trust me.

Is it literally only the "Mom" image she projects?  So what?  I have a mother.  (I could certainly use an upgrade [alas, Mom's much nicer younger sister died 37 years ago], but that's beside the point.)  Indeed, I don't see anything particularly "motherly" about her.  If she's been a source of comfort and support to the HGs, I haven't seen it.  Frankly, she seems to be treating Jared like crap, and he's her actual son.

She seems to thrive on others' adulation and doesn't give anything back in return.  Who needs her? Feh.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

If its not against the rules of the board, can someone tell me why Cirie is a Survivor favorite? It is my understanding that she was on for several seasons but never won???

Best of Cirie

This is a good one to watch if you have a couple hours. You don’t even have to watch her 3rd outing on survivor because they took her out early for being a threat and snake in the grass was rubbish. It’s not the full effect of actually watching but you can see how the competition and audience were caught in her web, she was very good at drawing people in and convincing them to vote a certain way and she was responsible for a lot of those that were voted off including some big players and some of her THs were pretty funny which made her likable and relatable. I can see that she has that effect in the BB house too but not on us anymore and not with her son thrown in the mix. This also shows 2 visits by her husband and 1 with Jared on family reward visit day. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I’m a newbie to BB this season. I’ve watched a few random seasons of survivor thanks to Hunter Harris! 2 have included Cirie and admittedly I enjoyed her, her gameplay to me was quite fun (I’m more of a fan of the social/psychological game rather than physical challenges).

I’m actually quite sickened by the discourse around Cirie on BB.I know I’m new to the game/show but what rigging is happening here? Yes other players view her as a celebrity but they are being the dumbasses and telling her everything. Jared is actually a liability. I love Cirie and still  love that finally some peeps are clocking in on her because she should be challenged and taken seriously.

the hate for her really strikes me as personal, prejudiced opinions.

• Like 4

While I'm happy Jag was saved, it doesn't seem like there was any benefit to Matt for using his power although I suspect BB said something along the lines of "Read my lips: do it or die." 

Tonight, the part of J.R. Ewing will be played by Cameron.

• Like 1
On 9/1/2023 at 5:16 PM, MsMalin said:

If its not against the rules of the board, can someone tell me why Cirie is a Survivor favorite? It is my understanding that she was on for several seasons but never won???

Last time she was on she seemed a shoo-in to win but Survivor manipulations made so many MANY immunity idols, various powers etc that at the Tribal Council everybody in the cast that should be up for elimination had protection from being voted out except for Cirie.  She left because she was the only one left anyone could vote for because she didn't have some crazy power or advantage or idol.

Most fans think production robbed her of that win by their stupid STUPID 1,001 "twists" they keep adding to what used to be a good, basic game.  Survivor is basically a mere game of luck at this point, sigh.

In earlier seasons she was the underdog that many fans identified with starting with her basically first lines in the show about deciding to stop criticize lying back on her couch and get off the couch and play herself.  She was and is the Couch Potato's Hero.

On 9/1/2023 at 9:57 PM, Ivana Tinkle said:

While I'm happy Jag was saved, it doesn't seem like there was any benefit to Matt for using his power although I suspect BB said something along the lines of "Read my lips: do it or die." 

There was a great benefit.  By telling Cirie she now trusts him like probably no one else in the house  including her stupid son.  She told him final four or maybe final three.  That was huge.

Then together they decided on him using it and he followed through with the plan so even more trust.  Jag is clueless and is a "shield" as in he can compete well against Cameron in challenges.  They can play those two off against each other.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, Ivana Tinkle said:

I also don’t understand how Matt saving Jag benefitted Matt. He and Cirie kept saying how Jag would now be loyal to them, but Jag doesn’t even know who saved him. I’m confused.

Also I think anyone who doesn’t use an immunity advantage on himself is an idiot. Matt might need it next week. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I know this is just my searing hatred for Cirie speaking, but I honestly don't get why players line up to be her minions.

That's an easy one. (And for the record, I do not hate Cirie. In fact I quite like her. I just think it's absurdly unfair for her and her son to be in this game.)

Imagine you've been chosen to be on Big Brother. You walk into the house, and lo and behold, a much beloved reality show star is in the house. That star pulls you aside and tells you she likes you and wants to work with you. Do you honestly think you'd target her? Or would you be thrilled and star struck at the prospect of being allied with her? Especially since your primary reason for being there is to become a reality show star yourself. The more you get to pal around with the known reality star the more likely you are to get the screen time you want.

Now, whenever they pull this shit, the justification is usually "but the reality star is also at a huge disadvantage because they have a big target on their back." But - that never happens. People don't want to get rid of them, they want to glom onto them and be friends and cohorts. 

And Big Brother isn't known for subtlety. The minute those houseguests walked into the house and saw Cirie standing there for the first time, they knew. "Oh. She's the star." Even if they've never seen Survivor. Even if they've never heard of Cirie. The ones who did filled them in. Cirie didn't just show up and line up and enter the house with the nobodies, nor did she participate in the first comp. She was presented to the rest of them. And the rest of them know how this works. Suck up to Cirie, get screen time and go far. Target Cirie? Your ass will be out the door and the audience will hate you.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

"Why Cirie is popular with much of the Survivor fandom?" is a fine question, and I don't doubt that dizzyd's video goes a long way towards explaining it.

(Although I do disagree that the proliferation of idols/advantages in Survivor 34: Game Changedrs was some sort of conspiracy against Cirie, who is the last person Burnett/Probst would want to conspire against.  It's true that she was eliminated without a single vote cast against her, because the other five remaining players had all gained immunity.  But I just laughed and laughed at that, not because Cirie was eliminated [that's a jumping up and clapping moment], but because her downfall was that she just sat on her Queen Bee ass, expecting that everybody would carry her and cater to her and meanwhile not one nor two nor three nor four but FIVE other players went out and did something to guarantee their safety.  Too bad for you, leech! BYEEEEE!

I mean, yes, too many idols.  But assuming the game would remain static had already bitten Cirie on her Queen Bee butt in her two previous experiences [assuming Final Threes were a permanent fixture in Survivor 16: Fans v. Favorites; assuming an all-veteran cast would be easy to manipulate when they all knew her game in Survivor 20: Heroes and Villains] so IMO she has no cause to complain about being caught complacent for a third consecutive time.  What's next, "Coach" Benjamin Wade getting upset that being a deluded egomaniacal dick doesn't win him the money?  If it ain't working, you gotta fix it.

Coach, btw, has reached the Final Tribal.  And he debuted on a season with a Final Two after Cirie just blithely assumed they were extinct.)

However…my question was about why houseguests are falling all over themselves to align with her, which is a different issue.  Yes, she's skilled at directing votes the way she wants them to go, but since she won't be loyal to you, that's not really a reason to align with her, unless you're sure you can win comps to prevent her skills from being directed at you.  (And with backdoors on outgoing HoH's in play, as with Hisam, even that's far from certain.)

iMonrey is probably right; it's nothing but people throwing away their games to try and grab some reflected glory.  Stupid from a game perspective and embarrassing from a "make $$ by building my SM profile" vantage point…do you really think "Cirie's spear-carrier" is a lucrative brand?  You build your name by playing your game, not by being a toady.   Go hop in the pond, Matt.

(He does swim, after all.)

And I don't really think that players need worry production will punish them for going after the returning vets.  Danielle Murphree executed a backdoor on Janelle, arguably the most popular player in this game's history, in Week 4 of S14, and got all the way to the live finale.  The guests from The Amazing Race did not, in fact, "takeover" BB17; only Jackie made Jury, and just barely at that.

The HoH who evicted her (Steve) won the game, in fact.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1