Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

MEA CULPA! 

I gave Treesa too much credit. 

As with the Spanish Inquisition, I didn't  expect there to be a "FAMILY FEUD" episode of the Turners and Nists!

Gerry Turner and Theresa Nist's Family Feud episode will still air https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13312129/Gerry-Turner-Theresa-Nists-Family-Feud-episode-air.html?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton

😵  🧐  👎 🙅‍♀️  🤦‍♀️

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

MEA CULPA! 

I gave Treesa too much credit. 

As with the Spanish Inquisition, I didn't  expect there to be a "FAMILY FEUD" episode of the Turners and Nists!

Gerry Turner and Theresa Nist's Family Feud episode will still air https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13312129/Gerry-Turner-Theresa-Nists-Family-Feud-episode-air.html?ito=native_share_article-nativemenubutton

😵  🧐  👎 🙅‍♀️  🤦‍♀️

Maybe it was another contractual obligation….you want us to pay for your wedding…be prepared to get out and publicize the show.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

I have said before, I don't want a Golden Bachelorette. I am 68 and the pool even nationwide, of impressive 60-70 ish men is thin. The best ones that are single have been divorced a few times, or want a woman with money to take care of them, or just want to feel free after a life of wife & kids. 

As for Susan, Kathy, or Leslie I hope they can come up with another kind of show for them. It would be hell for me to watch 25 old guys.  Gerry seemed so ideal yet he had a less than sterling backstory. 

• Like 6

I’m just wondering exactly what happened to give up a trip and get a divorce after only a few months.  What is the real reason?  We will probably never know.  Something weird.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

What is the real reason?  

From what I can gather, Gerry didn't want Theresa to work...because her work tied her to NJ, spoiling whatever plans he had in his head to get her to move.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Soapy Goddess said:

From what I can gather, Gerry didn't want Theresa to work...because her work tied her to NJ, spoiling whatever plans he had in his head to get her to move.

YES .. to stop working, go out and have fun everyday, have plenty of sex, eat out at fancy restaurants, take trips, and the list goes on.  He’s a dreamer, and Teresa is practical.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

YES .. to stop working, go out and have fun everyday, have plenty of sex, eat out at fancy restaurants, take trips, and the list goes on.  He’s a dreamer, and Teresa is practical.  

And be on tv some more.  Celebrity Family Feud was probably more his idea than hers.  

• Like 6

I wasn't all in on gerry from the beginning (and didn't watch the whole season) but he certainly has come out looking like a real sleeze

• Like 10
  • Fire 2

To me what is really weird is that they threw in the towel so fast.  And while saying they still loved each other. I guess neither one of them was willing to compromise. Of course, that is assuming where they were going to live was the problem, and I think there is more to this story.

I think the whole age thing is why these Golden Bachelor/Bachelorettes are a bad idea. Many older people are simply not going to want to pull up stakes and move. My husband and I are both in our early 70's.  Every now and then we talk about moving from California to a less expensive state, or even out of the country.  But I am not about to move to an area where I don't know anyone, at this age. I am not moving away from daughter, grandchild and rest of family. Not leaving a support system that may be needed if one of us gets sick or worse, dies. 

All this being said, I think there is more to this story ...

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

My husband and I are both in our early 70's.  Every now and then we talk about moving from California to a less expensive state, or even out of the country.  But I am not about to move to an area where I don't know anyone, at this age.

I totally get you. My husband and I are in our mid 60s, in NY state. But we are very involved in our church-- lots of volunteer activities. And we are both introverts. I can't imagine moving away from all of our "connections."

• Like 7

I never liked Jerry, he was far too "sweet" for me. However, I don't think we know enough about the marriage to say it was all his fault. 

If he prefers to travel, go to nice restaurants, and play pickle ball, rather than continue the rest of his life doing a nine to five job or waiting for someone else who's doing that, then he's like most people his age.  Most over seventies are either retired or wishing they were.

• Like 11

I think when Theresa was talking about money during the FS date, Gerry immediately went "cha-ching."  He was looking for a purse not realizing the purse is not willing to give her up job for him to spend all her money. 

I wonder if when they were looking to get pre-approved when looking at a house in Charleston, she found out he exaggerated how much money he had; the same way he was called a restauranteer rather than he used to own a burger joint.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Seems like Teresa was ready to either fully retire or work remotely, as they spent a lot of time looking at a lot of homes in Charleston.

The internet rumor now is that when financing and credit ratings came up, Gerry's financial lies came out.  Which is when T realized he was looking for the proverbial "purse" in her.

Add to the fact that, as distasteful as I find him, he's been getting hit on by thousands of attractive women all over the country.  Kid meet candy store.

Prisoners on death row get girlfriends.  Bedbound men pushing 1000 lbs. get girlfriends.  Gerry is a peach in comparison to these women.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
On 4/17/2024 at 11:40 AM, kristen111 said:

I’m just wondering exactly what happened to give up a trip and get a divorce after only a few months.  What is the real reason?  We will probably never know.  Something weird.

I think all secrets come out eventually. When there are lots of people who know the inside scoop, like here, info will start worming through the cracks!  This is the fun of it all!

I live in NJ and I don't know where Theresa is. I gagged at the thought that they would want to settle here. NJ is such an expensive place to live. It's not that beautiful either, overall. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I think all secrets come out eventually. When there are lots of people who know the inside scoop, like here, info will start worming through the cracks!  This is the fun of it all!

I live in NJ and I don't know where Theresa is. I gagged at the thought that they would want to settle here. NJ is such an expensive place to live. It's not that beautiful either, overall. 

I’m your neighbor.  I live on Long Island.  Dying to know what really happened.  I think Teresa was genuine about everything.  I think he as a scam artist, and she found out.  Keep us posted.  Are you near the Jersey housewives?  Can’t wait for them to start.  I don’t know when.

7 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Seems like Teresa was ready to either fully retire or work remotely, as they spent a lot of time looking at a lot of homes in Charleston.

The internet rumor now is that when financing and credit ratings came up, Gerry's financial lies came out.  Which is when T realized he was looking for the proverbial "purse" in her.

Add to the fact that, as distasteful as I find him, he's been getting hit on by thousands of attractive women all over the country.  Kid meet candy store.

Oh Good Lord.  How can women be so stupid?  Talk about stupid.  How are Teresa and Louie doing I wonder.  That’s another story.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

How are Teresa and Louie doing I wonder.  That’s another story.

I think Teresa (Giudice) and Louie are doing fine, because he love bombs her and pays her all the attention that that narcissist craves.

Gerry, our Golden Bachelor, is much like Teresa G., in that he needs a woman to fall all over him, which Teresa Nist did.  

I'm in this age range (62) and divorced, so I DVR'd every episode.  I've been single a long time and dated a ton, and let me tell you, there are a million Gerry's out there.

I recently had a date with a guy (64).  We met at an event, but he has a dating profile, so I was able to read it.  I didn't go on a 2nd date with him, as something felt "off".  He had me Uber, one hour, to get to his side of town, for a drink and some appetizers.  When I suggested a place in between us, he eschewed that suggestion.  I could just tell, that he was a "my way" kind of guy.

So, in viewing this guy's dating profile, the first sentence caught me:  "I'm looking for someone who is interested in me and wants to know more about me.  That impresses me".

So, this guy is primarily looking for someone who wants to cater to him, ask about him, want to please him.  No mention of him garnering interest in a woman.

That's Gerry to a tee.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
4 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I think Teresa (Giudice) and Louie are doing fine, because he love bombs her and pays her all the attention that that narcissist craves.

Gerry, our Golden Bachelor, is much like Teresa G., in that he needs a woman to fall all over him, which Teresa Nist did.  

I'm in this age range (62) and divorced, so I DVR'd every episode.  I've been single a long time and dated a ton, and let me tell you, there are a million Gerry's out there.

I recently had a date with a guy (64).  We met at an event, but he has a dating profile, so I was able to read it.  I didn't go on a 2nd date with him, as something felt "off".  He had me Uber, one hour, to get to his side of town, for a drink and some appetizers.  When I suggested a place in between us, he eschewed that suggestion.  I could just tell, that he was a "my way" kind of guy.

So, in viewing this guy's dating profile, the first sentence caught me:  "I'm looking for someone who is interested in me and wants to know more about me.  That impresses me".

So, this guy is primarily looking for someone who wants to cater to him, ask about him, want to please him.  No mention of him garnering interest in a woman.

That's Gerry to a tee.

Well, Teresa Gudice loves sex, so there you go.  They both are getting what they want.  Plus, the money keeps rolling in.  You are still young.  Your Prince will come.  There are still some good men out there to pick you up in their car, like a gentleman.  That Uber story was tacky.  🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m your neighbor.  I live on Long Island.  Dying to know what really happened.  I think Teresa was genuine about everything.  I think he as a scam artist, and she found out.  Keep us posted.  Are you near the Jersey housewives?  Can’t wait for them to start.  I don’t know when.

Oh Good Lord.  How can women be so stupid?  Talk about stupid.  How are Teresa and Louie doing I wonder.  That’s another story.

I am in Collingswood/ Cherry Hill area. Right across the bridge from Philadelphia PA. I haven't ever seen any of the Housewives, but they are in North Jersey aren't they?

I have a feeling that we will be hearing updates on Gerry & Theresa in future months. It just feels like viewers are more interested in them, than in the usual Bachelor franchise couple that breaks up. I know I am. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I am in Collingswood/ Cherry Hill area. Right across the bridge from Philadelphia PA. I haven't ever seen any of the Housewives, but they are in North Jersey aren't they?

I have a feeling that we will be hearing updates on Gerry & Theresa in future months. It just feels like viewers are more interested in them, than in the usual Bachelor franchise couple that breaks up. I know I am. 

I think they are in N. Jersey.  Not sure.  I’m only familiar with Rt. 80 going to Pa.  I’m going to ask my I pad when Jersey housewives start.  It starts on May 5, 2024.  Goody. Lol

Edited by kristen111
On 2/12/2024 at 2:16 PM, HerkyJerky said:

On Hoda & Jenna today, they said Kathy Lee Gifford would be a great choice for the Golden Bachelorette.

Oh Nooooo.  Had enough of her with Regis.  Yuk.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Oh Nooooo.  Had enough of her with Regis.  Yuk.

Yeah, I definitely would not watch Kathie Lee.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
On 1/7/2024 at 2:31 PM, b2H said:

For those that watched live, the two hour spectacle had nothing useful for the first hour and fifteen minutes.  They made the bride wait her walk down the aisle for ten commercials, after the bridal party and the groom were already in place.

This was great for their advertisers, but I honestly wish I'd recorded and watched later, to fast forward through all the nonsense.  Much time was wasted on stuff I had no interest in.

There are rhymes and reasons for the dress they chose, but she'd've been much better off in a slim cocktail length dress that would've been easier to navigate.

With a short jacket.

On 4/18/2024 at 7:41 AM, sadie said:

Maybe I’m just a cynic but I think Gerry wanted to spend Teresa’s money traveling and having fun. When he realized it wasn’t going to be champagne wishes and caviar dreams he wanted out. It wasn’t a love match for him, it was a bank account dream.

And I’m sorry but both these fools didn’t discuss ANY OF THIS before they ran down the aisle. C’mon? They were more concerned with picking out their Amazon gift registry and what dress she would wear rather than “where will we live” “who will fund our lifestyle”, “Will we continue to work”. They both have egg on their faces and it’s just sad that two supposedly mature people didn’t think 5 minutes beyond the fantastical wedding that ABC paid for. I have no sympathy for either. 

Someone PLEASE tell me Teresa had a Pre Nup.  That’s all I care about.  She’s supposed to be so smart.  I hope I never see Kathy, Susan, Leslie and Faith on my tv again.  They had enough publicity.  What makes them so special?

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Prisoners on death row get girlfriends.  Bedbound men pushing 1000 lbs. get girlfriends.  Gerry is a peach in comparison to these women.

Well yeah, if those are my choices, I'm probably picking Gerry too. But instead, I'm going to channel my inner Kelly Taylor and choose me. Why do some people feel that being alone isn't a valid choice?

Someone PLEASE tell me Teresa had a Pre Nup. 

From your lips to God's ears! They would have been fools not to have one. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Someone PLEASE tell me Teresa had a Pre Nup

I am not a divorce lawyer, but would a prenup be necessary for a 3 month marriage? I find it hard to believe he gets alimony. And it's pretty easy to determine what assets each person had prior to the wedding.

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I am not a divorce lawyer, but would a prenup be necessary for a 3 month marriage? I find it hard to believe he gets alimony. And it's pretty easy to determine what assets each person had prior to the wedding.

I believe there was a prenup in place. But as you said, it's of no real benefit in a 3 month marriage with no shared assets. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I believe there was a prenup in place. But as you said, it's of no real benefit in a 3 month marriage with no shared assets. 

Better safe than sorry…but I also read there was a prenup…although it was earlier reported he didn’t want one.  

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, MissPriss said:

Shocker. 

I’m feeling more and more sorry for Teresa.  I think she was duped.  She looked so desperate to have him and now her marriage is over.  He will get over this quickly, like when his wife died.  Who looks for a woman 3 months after his wife dies?

• Like 4

Gerry didn't wait 3 months after his wife died to find someone.

He had another girlfriend while his wife was still alive.

Wife passed, and he broke up with the girlfriend, became America's favorite weeping widower, and fooled us all.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Angry 2
27 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Gerry didn't wait 3 months after his wife died to find someone.

He had another girlfriend while his wife was still alive.

Wife passed, and he broke up with the girlfriend, became America's favorite weeping widower, and fooled us all.

WOW !  Didn’t know that.

• Like 2
On 4/14/2024 at 8:52 PM, DEL901 said:

I wonder if this fiasco will derailed the planned Golden Bachelorette…. Or at least get the person who thought a rushed wedding would be a good thing reprimanded/fired. There was so much good will when the season ended.  Gerry and Theresa could have quietly gone their own way like so many others.  Now they have the record for both the quickest wedding and fastest divorce.  

Yes. I think it would've been better if they hadn't married. It makes me think it was all just done for the publicity, and this does hurt the brand. A lot of people were drawn to what they thought was a genuine romance between seniors who had a "second chance at love" late in life. Their ages made it seem more serious to me, so I feel a little duped. I figured it wouldn't last when the stories about Gerry came out but I didn't think they'd divorce this quickly. 

Despite this, I would still like to see an older bachelor or bachelorette, but I'd prefer early 50s to 60s or 70s. 

• Like 11
On 4/19/2024 at 9:51 PM, kristen111 said:

WOW !  Didn’t know that.

I didn't know that either! Is there a source for that tidbit that you can link?

Better safe than sorry…but I also read there was a prenup…although it was earlier reported he didn’t want one.  

I'm in that school of thought. I'm not a lawyer either but I think a divorce after such a short marriage should be straightforward. But why leave a door open when there is a lot at stake and and it's easy to close it?

• Like 2

Read on an entertainment blind item gossip site that Gerry is already dating a woman decades younger than him.

The site isn't always correct, but it isn't always wrong, either. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 2
  • Wink 1
6 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Read on an entertainment blind item gossip site that Gerry is already dating a woman decades younger than him.

I wouldn't doubt it one iota. The GB was just a kick start for this fame whore.

• Like 6
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
12 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I think that contributed to the divorce. He found all these women who fell for his act.  It wouldn't shock me if he is on Dancing With the Stars next. 

• Like 6
  • Angry 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lisa418722 said:

I think that contributed to the divorce. He found all these women who fell for his act.  It wouldn't shock me if he is on Dancing With the Stars next. 

I think he would love to be on Dancing with the Stars.  However, even in my friend group, people are turning against him (people who really liked him during the season [I never cared for him but still watched]).  So, having him on the show could impact the numbers for the show as my age group seems to be a major demographic for DWTS.  It will be interesting to see if ABC cuts ties with him or continues to feature him.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

It's not crazy at all, there have been rumblings of Gerry being on DWTS. Many Bachelor alumni have done the show. I wouldn't be the least surprised if Gerry does too. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, TVMovieBuff said:

It's not crazy at all, there have been rumblings of Gerry being on DWTS. Many Bachelor alumni have done the show. I wouldn't be the least surprised if Gerry does too. 

They should have both Gerry and Theresa - a direct competition.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I would have agreed before, but now with the divorce, the lustre is off the Golden Bachelor and ABC may want to move away from him.  

• Like 10
5 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

They should have Leslie on DWTS. People would watch just to spite Gerry, I even might tune in.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I think ABC would be crazy to continue to promote Gerry, as in putting him on Dancing With the Stars.  He's a poor example of the Bachelor franchise.  Plenty of couples have broken up, but not as spectacularly did they crash and burn like Gerry and Theresa.  Big, fancy, televised wedding three months 
(?) after meeting, then DIVORCE three months later.  If they wanted an example of why this DOESN'T work, they have it. I wouldn't promote ANY of the players on that season, I would start fresh with a new group if they ever do another "Golden" season again.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
18 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Gerry Turner's daughter calls out fan 'rage and cruelty' after “Golden Bachelor ”divorce (msn.com)

It is understandable you don't want to see your father criticized. But I don't trust his daughters. They cover for him, I don't know if they are in denial or if it's because they just are willing to lie for him. 

• Like 15