Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I believe she's Hispanic. I think her last name was Aguirre. At the end of the episode Kathy was talking about Susan ( short-haired gal doing everyone's hair) having gas. Someone quipped it was because of Susan's meatballs, and then some other comment  about Edith's guacamole.

I agree Edith was stunning. 

Edith has a great accent, and she is stunning- she'll be a top tier single lady on OurTime.com or other dating apps. You solved the mystery for me- I didn't hear the name of who made the guacamole.  😄

• Like 6
15 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I don't think that he talked to her other than greeting her at the limo, giving her a rose and saying the final goodbye.  He needs an eye exam if he didn't recognize her beauty! 

Or maybe he just didn't feel a connection whenever he did talk to her (which I assume he did at some point). This isn't a straight up beauty contest, it's not like the prettiest one "deserves" to stay no matter what. 

At the end of the episode Kathy was talking about Susan ( short-haired gal doing everyone's hair) having gas. Someone quipped it was because of Susan's meatballs, and then some other comment  about Edith's guacamole.

My favorite part of that tag was the woman who popped up from the other room to confirm that it was definitely the meatballs, LOL. 

Kathy is definitely a particular type and this is showing me that those types don't age out of the mean girl behavior. She's not the prettiest or the most popular so she makes sure to talk down everyone else to keep them too busy hating on the others to hate on her.

The little group that gave themselves a nickname...oof, that was embarrassing. Leave that nonsense to the goofballs on the original show. 

• Like 14
19 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Or maybe he just didn't feel a connection whenever he did talk to her (which I assume he did at some point). This isn't a straight up beauty contest, it's not like the prettiest one "deserves" to stay no matter what. 

You are so right and I keep forgetting that.  Even the most superficial men (and most of them are very visual) will have personality traits they don't like or bad history with a woman who looked like her.  Maybe Edith was an interrupter, maybe she had bad breath, maybe being with a white haired woman makes him feel old.

Maybe when she's nervous she chatters on about her little dog (that would be me.)

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

You are so right and I keep forgetting that.  Even the most superficial men (and most of them are very visual) will have personality traits they don't like or bad history with a woman who looked like her.  Maybe Edith was an interrupter, maybe she had bad breath, maybe being with a white haired woman makes him feel old.

Maybe when she's nervous she chatters on about her little dog (that would be me.)

There are many really nice looking men that just don't appeal to me. I kind of have a type. 

Talking about bad breath about 30+ years ago, my friend was dating this one guy she had met at a bar. I was with her at the time and he had a nice looking friend. One day, I told her if it wold be okay for us to go on a double date. Mistake. He smelled as if he hadn't bathed in a week and was doing hard labor. Looks can be deceiving. 

• Like 4
23 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Edith has a great accent, and she is stunning- she'll be a top tier single lady on OurTime.com or other dating apps. You solved the mystery for me- I didn't hear the name of who made the guacamole.  😄

Maybe Edith will be the next Bachelorette, I hope.  She could be on the top of the list.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
58 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Maybe Edith will be the next Bachelorette, I hope.  She could be on the top of the list.

That's such a great idea!!  Edith looked so pretty in her gold sequin dress, and I love that she's rocking her great silver hair.  I hope that she has social media or a dating app profile because men should reach out to her and ask her out.  There's a great interview with Edith by Extra TV on Youtube.  I don't know how to attach links, but here's the title:   'Golden Bachelor': Edith REACTS to Those Golden Bachelorette Rumors! (Exclusive)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
52 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

That's such a great idea!!  Edith looked so pretty in her gold sequin dress, and I love that she's rocking her great silver hair.  I hope that she has social media or a dating app profile because men should reach out to her and ask her out.  There's a great interview with Edith by Extra TV on Youtube.  I don't know how to attach links, but here's the title:   'Golden Bachelor': Edith REACTS to Those Golden Bachelorette Rumors! (Exclusive)

Oh great!  I’ll have a look see.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Oh great!  I’ll have a look see.  Thanks.

WOW .. great interviews on u tube.  There are a few interviews with him too.  I definitely think Edith will be the nextBachelorette.  She is a sweetheart.  He should have kept her.  Big mistake.  I think anyhow.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

WOW .. great interviews on u tube.  There are a few interviews with him too.  I definitely think Edith will be the nextBachelorette.  She is a sweetheart.  He should have kept her.  Big mistake.  I think anyhow.

She would be a good Bachelorette. Maybe because of that, they told him to leave her alone? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She would be a good Bachelorette. Maybe because of that, they told him to leave her alone? 

Yes, probably.  Too bad.  Everything seems fixed to me.  They put her first as she’s a knockout.  Then, he lets that go?

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, probably.  Too bad.  Everything seems fixed to me.  They put her first as she’s a knockout.  Then, he lets that go?

And kept the Kathy, who imho, is not attractive. She seems like a very sour person. 

• Like 8
34 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Since I don’t have their names in my head does anyone remember who said she would have ( or did) go  to Woodstock? His responce didn’t sit well with me but hey I don’t know him.  

That was Christina and she dressed as the 70's hippie for the romance novel cover group date on Week 2. I forgot what Gerry said when she told him she went to Woodstock- I think he was surprised and smiled.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

If the producers want one of these women to be Bachelorette, they are going to ask Gerry to keep them around until at least the top 4. They want the audience to bond with the new lead as long as possible. 

Even though people love the idea of Joan and Edith right now, there are others we barely know but will get to know more as the show goes on and may have rooting value yet to be discovered. For a large part of the audience who don't think too much of the show week to week. Joan and Edith will fade in memory.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

That was Christina and she dressed as the 70's hippie for the romance novel cover group date on Week 2. I forgot what Gerry said when she told him she went to Woodstock- I think he was surprised and smiled.  

He said something like you would? That tells me a lot about you or something like that. Actually he proceeded to say something similar to most of them at some point regarding whatever revelation they were revealing. Maybe it was me. I like him and think he’s nice. 

• Like 3
On 10/13/2023 at 10:08 AM, mishap said:

I like the shortened format.   They do not recap as much or drag things out -- at least not on Hulu.  

He must like those weird, botoxed, shiny face.  What is with them being so shiny?     I think they are over sold on the 'dewy complexion'  look.   lol    Give them some powder!   

That was the dumbest manufactured drama yet.   

On 10/13/2023 at 7:57 PM, kristen111 said:
On 10/13/2023 at 3:28 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

No Kathy, Theresa wasn’t boasting….you were just being a jealous bully because you haven’t had a one-on-one with Gerry so you felt the need to piss on her shine!  If I were Theresa unless it was to pass the salt, I’d say nothing else to that Mr. Burns-bodied bitch.  Disappointed that Gerry fell for her fake assed tears instead of immediately going to Theresa and asking for her side of the story. 

I felt bad that Joan had to leave, she was one of my finals.  But, her departure had me feeling some kind of way about her daughter, heiffa couldn’t you let your mama have one thing for herself?

Dang, how in the bluedilly hell did EDITH get passed over?  She should become the Golden Bachelorette, she's so stunning.

ITA! Cathy was so aggressive with Theresa. I couldn't figure out why she was so angry. It's pretty typical of the women to talk about about their connection with the Bachelor. If Theresa was throwing it in her face, then they edited a lot of that out because I didn't hear it. It seemed more like Cathy was jealous than anything else. Surprised Gerry fell for it. However, the last comment Theresa made to Cathy after this all went down did make me pause. It seemed a bit passive aggressive. But that's ok with me, because Cathy was being mean to her. 

I also don't think Gerry is attracted to Cathy. She gives off a masculine energy. I think he likes softer women. Having said that, it's hard to look at Theresa in close-up. Whatever work she had on her face isn't especially flattering at some angles and lighting. 

I noticed Joan's jawline was really tight. I wonder if she had a facelift. He does seem drawn to the women who've had work done, but a lot of them look like they've had some tweaks so it's hard to tell. Edith is so pretty! I wish we had seen more of her personality. 

The shorter format is so much better to me! 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Edith is so pretty! I wish we had seen more of her personality. 

The shorter format is so much better to me! 

Edited 2 hours ago by Sweet-tea

There’s a very nice interview with Edith on You-tube.  She’s lovely in n out.

• Love 2

so did anyone else immediately worry that the show will be preempted by the presidents speech? This has long irritated me when every other channel has it. lol

was edith the chicken lady??

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

so did anyone else immediately worry that the show will be preempted by the presidents speech? This has long irritated me when every other channel has it. lol

Won't bother us on the west coast, but it appears that the speech will preempt the first 15-30 minutes in other time zones. Unless they just run everything late. I guess that's possible.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Won't bother us on the west coast, but it appears that the speech will preempt the first 15-30 minutes in other time zones. Unless they just run everything late. I guess that's possible.

According to my PVR, everything is just delayed by 22 minutes. 

• Useful 1
On 10/19/2023 at 2:02 PM, nlkm9 said:

No, the chicken lady is April and she's still there. Edith was the first one out of the limo in a gold dress. She didn't do anything silly at her intro. 

Edited by deSchenke
  • Like 1
On 10/18/2023 at 12:58 PM, kristen111 said:

They put her first as she’s a knockout. 

I assumed they had Edith come out first because of her gray hair, to establish the show's credibility as involving seniors.  I think trotting out a bunch of the ones with no gray hair and hardly any facial* wrinkles wouldn't have set the senior tone as well.

*I specify facial wrinkles because you can fix those, but there are lots of other places on the body where the skin don't lie.

• Like 8

The only thing I can say about Kathy is that her department rejoiced when they 

heard she was retiring. She is so off putting. 

I thought Marina and Edith were the prettiest and composed. I wonder if Marina just didn’t like Gerry enough to put up with everything and it wasn’t just needing to take care of her family.

I really like Susan. She has so much personality and spirit. I hope she stays around awhile. I like Nancy as well. She seems down to earth and kind.

• Like 10

I’m starting viewing the recording late, but it sounds like they started late—so I’m not sure how behind I actually am. Top of Gerry’s qualities he’s looking for in a wife is pickleball skills. You will be his pickleball partner—like it or not! [not sure of her name] pulled the age-old pretend to get seriously hurt on the group date to get special attention from the lead. There is a Pickleball magazine?! Sondra is missing her daughter’s wedding?!?!!?!  That is insane! I don’t think I would ever forgive my mother if she skipped my wedding to be one of 25 people dating someone on television! Seriously, how can she live with herself? If I were her, I would wake up in a sweat of anxiety every night for the rest of my life unable to forgive myself for missing my child’s wedding. The cover story of In Pickleball won’t make up for that! She didn’t even win. I honestly hope Gerry does the right thing and send her off to her child’s wedding if he knows she’s not the one. They’ll miss the wedding by the time the two of them figure out the phone.

Edited by JenE4
That’s not April who fell. Don’t know her name.
  • Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4

She gets a rose for missing her daughters wedding?  That is not admirable.  And her reason was that her daughter said “I have my man now go find yours”.  So she goes on show competing with 25 other women for 1 man instead of a local meetup group or online app?  Does anyone really believe that?

• Like 12
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

That was great.  I have no idea how you did that.  Thanks @Hip-to-be-Square.  👍🤷‍♂️

Thank you! I had to scroll over all of the things I can see on the forum toolbar while posting a comment and then clicked the icon to the left of the quotes sign which looks like a sideways squiggly paperclip, and it says "Link" and then I copy pasted the Youtube video website address.  I was so proud of myself for figuring it out! 😄

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ok, I thought that one was faking the injury because she said she was fine. But she actually had a fracture and the show didn’t show an ambulance?! Maybe they didn’t want us to think the worst. Now she’s sending herself home. It seems that she saw the writing on the wall, but honestly I think she’s too glamorous for Gerry. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4