Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E07: Fiji is the perfect place to fall in love!

• Start Topic

Charity and Dotun are also in love with each other! Well, you got yourself in quite the pickle there, Charity. Now both of these men think that they’re “the one” for you. It’s a good thing that Xavier had doubts on committing because it seems like she was hoping for 3:3. Well good news Aaron will show up to tell you he loves you, too. I know it’s a long way to Fiji, but where is that man? Is he swimming there?

• LOL 4

I’m an hour behind, but Charity might be rethinking singing Aaron B home after this revelation. Xavier should have told her before it got this far. Charity is trying to find ever reason to stay with him and giving him chance after chance to make this and his ambivalence about truly committing. Girl, you know what to do.

• Like 3

What a cop-out to say I’m 100% certain in my heart, but my mind and that thing down below…has other thoughts. 
What does he want from her to make him certain in his mind? Sounds like he wants to smash and then decide.  I so wanted to like him because we work at that same school and he’s a fellow tarheel but man, he really doesn’t make it easy.  No way will he be Bachelor. He’s cut out for BIP or Stagecoach.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

I need to see more from you” translation: “let’s knock boots before I dump you”

Exactly.  I need to see more from you—-take off your clothes. 

The guy is TELLING her that he’s a player who’s gonna play, and she was aching to get him to say SOMETHING so she could go ahead with the overnight. Glad she  kicked him to the curb.

Ok, so she’s IN love with Joey and IN love with Dotun.  From here it looks like she’s more relaxed and herself with Dotun, so if Joey’s the Bachelor,  I’m ok with it.

Poor acting on Charity and Aaron’s part, both, with her acting so astonished that he’s there and him just “choosing” to go all the way to Fiji and happening upon her at the pool.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Arkay said:

The guy is TELLING her that he’s a player who’s gonna play, and she was aching to get him to say SOMETHING so she could go ahead with the overnight.

I totally agree with all the comments about Aaron, but I also don't like Charity's habit of "decamping" when she's upset. She did that at a couple of cocktail parties, and she did it here (at least she came back). She seems to find it very hard to just buck up and continue to engage, continue to ask questions. It's a bad way to deal with difficulties in a relationship. Of course in this weird setup, she hasn't had a lot of time to develop a communication method with each person.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I totally agree with all the comments about Aaron, but I also don't like Charity's habit of "decamping" when she's upset. She did that at a couple of cocktail parties, and she did it here (at least she came back). She seems to find it very hard to just buck up and continue to engage, continue to ask questions. It's a bad way to deal with difficulties in a relationship. Of course in this weird setup, she hasn't had a lot of time to develop a communication method with each person.

She is a therapist. Granted, I think a large portion of people who become therapists do so because they have their own issues they’re dealing with. But you’re right, especially because of her education/career she should be better at working through difficult conversations. 

I also thought it was interesting how she was saying last night that she grew up feeling she had to be perfect to get any attention/praise. They’ve really portrayed Charity coming from this perfect nuclear family. I’ve heard that sometimes Black parents are harder on their kids because of systemic racism—you need to be better just to even have a chance of being accepted as equal. So maybe there was just some of that growing up—and then throw in the cheating boyfriend. And here Charity is left floundering whether she’ll ever be good enough to be loved unconditionally. Yikes!

• Like 3
10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I think they flew in Aaron and gave him the Bachelor edit once Xavier screwed up his chances with his whole I would never cheat on you—unless I do.

Yes!! I came here to say this. I’m sensing Bachelor edit too. 

• Like 3

It seemed like with Joey they were both trying to "manifest the magic." Such as "wasn't the kiss by the waterfall perfect?" It's kind of cliche. And big deal, they didn't fall to pieces when the dune buggy stopped working (and I do NOT imagine they were alone in the wilderness, wondering which way was "home"). I'm not really so sure why she's trying so hard to make something happen with Joey. Dotun on the other hand, seems very natural with her.

• Like 9

Joey's confession to Charity about being a people pleaser made sense to me.  I agree with others who say he looks exhausted and I think he wants this all to be over. He is sincere about her but the cameras seem to be wearing him out since he is always performing a bit already.  Whereas Dotun didn't even realize what show he is on and is utterly natural in front of the cameras.  I was swayed by her declarations of love for Joey but Dotun is definitely the one.  He came from a different "realer" universe and it shows.

Dleighg--our messages crossed.  I couldn't agree more!

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

I can't stand when the lead says I love you to more than one person.  Just don't say anything until the engagement or if you want to tell one person, do it in the fantasy suites so the whole audience doesn't know.   I think this is part of the reason so many couples have broken up in recent seasons.

And I know this is "part of the show", but didn;t she just cheat on a man that she is going to be engaged to in less than 2 weeks?  She knows nothing about Xavier and where he was in his relationship with his ex when he cheated.  Maybe they were in a really rough spell.  But here she is cheating on national TV.  Just because the producers say it's okay, it doesn't make it okay.  

And I don't think it's wrong that Xavier said he needs to see more from her tonight.  They've had zero chance to be alone.  Every conversation has been on camera and they've literally had one date.  Who wouldn't want to know more about the person they may potentially get engaged to?  But she's mad because he's not head over heels in love already.  

I really hope Aaron is not the next bachelor.   He was just such a snitch the whole season.  I would love a Joey season although he may do better on BIP.  He reminds me of Grocery Joe, just a nice, normal guy.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

And I know this is "part of the show", but didn;t she just cheat on a man that she is going to be engaged to in less than 2 weeks?

I agree, but in my intentionally naive mind, I figure that she's not actually, you know, having sex with anyone, or at least not with more than one person. I don't know where I'd draw the line, but it would be well short of that.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I agree, but in my intentionally naive mind, I figure that she's not actually, you know, having sex with anyone, or at least not with more than one person. I don't know where I'd draw the line, but it would be well short of that.

But cheating doesn't have to mean sex, does it?  If my husband made out with another woman, I would definitely consider that cheating.  

• Like 4

There’s definitely a strange set of “rules” when it comes to these show relationships that defies any common sense. Not only is it not “cheating” in the fantasy suites, but the thing that gets me is that the lead is allowed—expected even—to be conflicted up until the second they accept/give the proposal. It’s perfectly fine to be sobbing over letting one love go, minutes before getting engaged to your other love. But somehow the contestants are not allowed to have any doubts about the lead whatsoever! There’s shock that Xavier dare say he needs to “see more” in terms of really getting to know Charity better to determine whether she’s the one he wants to marry (and thus commit to for life). But, frankly, Brayden had a whole set of other issues—starting with his middle-aged hippie art school teacher earring collection. But the one thing he was not wrong about was speaking up on how the heck every other man there was so convinced that this woman they’ve known for 2 or 3 weeks is his “future wife!” He was the only one “brave” enough to be like, yeah, Charity is a hot chick and all, but I’m not sure about marrying her yet. It’s wild, really. The lead might not make up his or her mind until the last few minutes of the journey, but the contestants are expected to be ready to blindly marry whomever is put in front of them in the first few minutes of the journey. Heck, I’m going to stand up for Xavier here, too. I don’t think he’s wrong to say when I am certain I’m with my future wife, I can promise I’ll be faithful for life, but I don’t know you well enough yet to know whether you’re the one. It doesn’t sound like he’s a serial cheater, but it was a way to blow up that one relationship and get out of it. Who knows, if it ends—it could end in a spectacular five-day fuckfest. But as long as I’m committed, I’m committed. I would like to be committed to you, but I just don’t know you well enough yet to know how things will unfold in the future. The man’s pragmatic, really, lol.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2

I get that the producers are trying out Aaron for mext bachelor since Xavier blew his chances but that doesn’t mean she has to let him back into the show.  I’m thinking that Charity brings him to the rose ceremony unless the previews were a fakeout. I guess Charity was upset that she wouldn’t get a final rose ceremony because either she isn’t IN LOVE with Joey and Dotun like she claims or she is about to let Aaron come to the rose ceremony amd send him home.  She is such a ditherer.

• Like 5

Oh Xavier, we were all rooting for you, how dare you! I had such a massive crush and then he went and flushed it down the toilet. I can understand making a mistake during a wild boys weekend one time if you've owned it and learned from it, but it sounds like Xavier was basically saying that he suspected that he would cheat again if he had the chance, who would want to be in a relationship with someone who just straight up says that they wont be faithful to you, their dick just has a mind of its own. 

Also, Charity was in a relationship with someone who was cheating on her for six years? Did she know about the cheating as it was going on and just stuck around? Ouch. 

Did the show really bring Aaron back just because Xavier blew his shot and they need another guy to get the Bachelor edit? Aaron is fine but I always get annoyed when former contestants come back. 

I felt for Joey when he talked about being a people pleaser, it seems like what his uncle got into his head like it got into Charity's. He's a nice guy and he and Charity are cute together, but Charity is definitely team Dotun. They really seem to vibe together very naturally, we're all just waiting for her to pick Dotun, he's clearly the one she's really falling for and I can see why. He seems like a real keeper. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 9
9 hours ago, GracieK said:

Yes!! I came here to say this. I’m sensing Bachelor edit too. 

I’m not seeing a Bachelor edit because of all the problems with Brayden.  And, of course, Xavier blew his audition.  I agree Dotun is probably F1,   So I think the next Bachelor is either Joey or someone from a previous season. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I’m not seeing a Bachelor edit because of all the problems with Brayden.  And, of course, Xavier blew his audition.  I agree Dotun is probably F1,   So I think the next Bachelor is either Joey or someone from a previous season. 

Yeah I don’t know if he will actually get chosen.. this all gets filmed and edited before fans weigh in and I do think they sometimes go by popularity of a contestant. I think Aaron and his tattling was not well received - but if it had been seen as heroic and chivalrous or if he was a popular choice, they have given themselves more than one option to choose from. Bringing Aaron back definitely felt tied to Xavier’s big confession so it makes me think they were just keeping as many options on the table as possible. 

Speaking of Xavier - he’s given me fuck boy vibes all season and I was suspicious of him in the same way Charity had been expressing. Like he’s almost too smooth. And while it’s ok to make mistakes in your past, I found it pretty outrageous that he basically said that he couldn’t guarantee he wouldn’t cheat on her because while his heart was all there his head wasn’t? Huh? That’s an automatic see ya never and that’s BEFORE he says he needs to “see more from her” in the fantasy suites. Maybe he meant sex and maybe he didn’t but regardless the man didn’t say I’m so disappointed in myself for ever being unfaithful in my past and it’s not something I’m ever going to engage in again. I’ve spent a lot of time thinking through what would cause me to do that and I want to be a better man and human being going forward.  I’m glad Charity didn’t drag that whole situation out further and showed a lot of self respect in ending it right then and there. If Xavier thinks it’s ok to cheat on his partner any time he’s feeling unsure, I feel bad for his future girlfriends. Unless they’ve seen this episode where they were forewarned that he’s a remorseless cheater. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I hope, hope, hope Aaron is not the next bachelor.  He’s far too gloomy a presence to carry the show.

It’s possible that they filmed this out of order, because I imagine they wouldn’t have flown Aaron back unless they knew Charity wouldn’t have the requisite three men still standing. 

I can see Joey carrying the show because he’s more upbeat, and he’s already “let down his walls” by saying he is sometimes insecure etc. That’s Bachelor Gold.

Dotun and Charity I can definitely see as a real couple, but I can’t picture them getting married too soon. He seems too level-headed to do that, though I can see him proposing. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Aaron  just spontaneously booked a flight on Fiji airlines, and happened to know exactly which one of Fiji's 33 islands where he'd find Charity.

Right.

Giving him the Bachelor edit.  Lovesick sweet guy flies halfway around the world for his true love.  Aaron's brain:  Please Charity, rethink this....please.....pick....Dotun, or Joey.....so I can be the next Bachelor.

Gimme a break.

I don't want Aaron or Joey as the next Bachelor, if she chooses Dotun.  

Let's start fresh again.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

There’s definitely a strange set of “rules” when it comes to these show relationships that defies any common sense. Not only is it not “cheating” in the fantasy suites, but the thing that gets me is that the lead is allowed—expected even—to be conflicted up until the second they accept/give the proposal. It’s perfectly fine to be sobbing over letting one love go, minutes before getting engaged to your other love. But somehow the contestants are not allowed to have any doubts about the lead whatsoever! There’s shock that Xavier dare say he needs to “see more” in terms of really getting to know Charity better to determine whether she’s the one he wants to marry (and thus commit to for life). But, frankly, Brayden had a whole set of other issues—starting with his middle-aged hippie art school teacher earring collection. But the one thing he was not wrong about was speaking up on how the heck every other man there was so convinced that this woman they’ve known for 2 or 3 weeks is his “future wife!” He was the only one “brave” enough to be like, yeah, Charity is a hot chick and all, but I’m not sure about marrying her yet. It’s wild, really. The lead might not make up his or her mind until the last few minutes of the journey, but the contestants are expected to be ready to blindly marry whomever is put in front of them in the first few minutes of the journey. Heck, I’m going to stand up for Xavier here, too. I don’t think he’s wrong to say when I am certain I’m with my future wife, I can promise I’ll be faithful for life, but I don’t know you well enough yet to know whether you’re the one. It doesn’t sound like he’s a serial cheater, but it was a way to blow up that one relationship and get out of it. Who knows, if it ends—it could end in a spectacular five-day fuckfest. But as long as I’m committed, I’m committed. I would like to be committed to you, but I just don’t know you well enough yet to know how things will unfold in the future. The man’s pragmatic, really, lol.

Yes, that is the inherent contradiction in the show. Especially when it is down to the top few contenders. All 4 are expected to be in love, ready to be engaged, if they are chosen. It is illogical for a couple to be ready to be engaged when one person is fully committed and the other is dating 3 other people. Charity says its "one week away from proposals," expecting each man to be ready to propose IF she chooses them. The men are viewed as immature if they can't say for certain they want to propose. Charity can say that Xavier isn't ready to commit, but is she? She can't decide which man to choose, so how is it fair to expect the men to be 100 percent certain?

This isn't a knock on Charity, just a comment on the irrationality of the show.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Katie111 said:

And I don't think it's wrong that Xavier said he needs to see more from her tonight.  They've had zero chance to be alone.  Every conversation has been on camera and they've literally had one date.  Who wouldn't want to know more about the person they may potentially get engaged to?  But she's mad because he's not head over heels in love already.  

The problem to me was more with how he said it, than just the specific words he said. If he had said something along the lines of how he wants to know more about the Charity that he may not have experienced yet because of the cameras, that would be different. But instead, his "I need to see more" was his elaboration about the conditions under which he will be able to commit to being faithful (he can only commit to being faithful once he's sure he's committing to being married). And the abruptness of it, along with the tone of his voice and the look on his face, were far from kind, conversational, and nurturing. Instead, everything about what he said and how he said it was demanding (and almost entitled), which is the opposite of how Charity has been so tolerant, explanatory, and seeking of information.

On 8/7/2023 at 9:50 PM, JenE4 said:

Aaron, ask the camera man, or the producer who brought you to the hotel. Oh, he happened to find Charity by the pool! What are the chances!?

OMG that scene of him at the front desk asking about Charity was so very lame and completely unneeded. It's also insulting to the audience's intelligence, to think that we are either so stupid or so naive as to not understand that he didn't just choose to fly there on his own, paying for the cameraman out of his own pocket!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Xavier never fooled me with his knitting and sweet mommy's boy ways- he's a knit it and quit it man with dead eyes and a boring, monotone voice that made me fall asleep with my head completely on the couch arm. Charity stayed with an ex for SIX YEARS that cheated on her multiple times? Does she have zero self-esteem?!  I bet he was a bad boy type who was great in bed. 

Can we just scrap all of the potential bachelor's and go straight to The Golden Bachelor and eventually Bachelor in Paradise? The journey is up for me- I don't care about any of Charity's men beyond next week's episode.  However, if they somehow made Aaron the hot firefighter from San Diego into the next Bachelor, then I would apply for the show and hope to see everyone's clever and hilarious comments about my "journey" 😄.  I hope they at least put Aaron on Bachelor in Paradise.  Joey's deep side part annoys me.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Can we just scrap all of the potential bachelor's and go straight to The Golden Bachelor and eventually Bachelor in Paradise?

Could we just go straight to BIP?  Or am i the only one who thinks Gary is scary in the same way that Renfield is scary?

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5
5 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Could we just go straight to BIP?  Or am i the only one who thinks Gary is scary in the same way that Renfield is scary?

I think they are on at the same time.  The Golden Bachelor on Mondays 10-11 and BiP for 2 hours on Tuesdays.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

Yeah, I posted earlier that Gary looks creepy as hell.  Maybe it would help if he got rid of the tan and changed his hairstyle.  The way he looks now, I wouldn't want to be on an elevator with him, just the two of us. 😱

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
15 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Am I the only one that thinks that Gary looks kind of hot with the faux tan and hair dye?! 😅 He's kind of rocking a weathered gameshow host look. 

LOL I can definitely see that!

I’m a divorced senior who would NEVER go on a reality show. 
As far as him being the first pick for the Golden Bachelor, well who knows who else applied?

He’s tall, slim, has his hair. Those are all great. I do think I see someone who was a tomcat when he was young. Just something, I don’t know why.

I haven’t read anything about him at all, but I’m looking forward to the show. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

So is what actually happened regarding Aaron coming back, that when the producers saw Charity let Xavier go, they decided that having two men left with two roses isn't much by the way or drama or suspense, so they contacted Aaron last minute to have him come back? Cause from the previews, he's wearing a suit and looking very rose ceremony-ish. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

So is what actually happened regarding Aaron coming back, that when the producers saw Charity let Xavier go, they decided that having two men left with two roses isn't much by the way or drama or suspense, so they contacted Aaron last minute to have him come back? Cause from the previews, he's wearing a suit and looking very rose ceremony-ish. 

I don’t think that timeline would work.  Fiji has to be, what, 12 hours from LA and then he would have to get to LA….I think they brought him out to make drama…oh no, Charity is back up to 4 guys, what will she do?

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I don’t think that timeline would work.  Fiji has to be, what, 12 hours from LA and then he would have to get to LA….I think they brought him out to make drama…oh no, Charity is back up to 4 guys, what will she do?

That makes sense to me.  And since Xavier left she decided to have a rose ceremony by letting Aaron fill the empty box on her dance card.

• Like 2
On 8/10/2023 at 9:37 AM, Arkay said:

LOL I can definitely see that!

I’m a divorced senior who would NEVER go on a reality show. 
As far as him being the first pick for the Golden Bachelor, well who knows who else applied?

He’s tall, slim, has his hair. Those are all great. I do think I see someone who was a tomcat when he was young. Just something, I don’t know why.

I haven’t read anything about him at all, but I’m looking forward to the show. 

I'm looking forward to it too!  Will there be a drama queen that's forced to have a 2 on 1 date with her enemy? Will there be the traditional 1 on 1 sob stories over a dinner that's going cold? Will Gary use the required phrase "I feel seen"? I just want Charity's season to end already so that I can watch The Golden Bachelor 😄

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 2
  • Love 1