Type keyword(s) to search

Season 25 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

I think Cory even admits he hasn't done well with America the last few days, so he's aware he's kind of screwing up with her. Which is why I think Cory/America need to really talk about their alliance going forward, what that will entail, and Cory might need to lay out as much as he can with America. I know there's a risk in her running to Jag with everyone, but Cory needs America in the game for as long as possible so he needs to find a way to bring her in more than he already is.

I think Cory does have a solid game plan. Bringing in Cam, Jag and America is good for him in the long run. Unfortunately, his plan ultimately had one downside, as I feel certain that he's hoping for Jared to flip on Cirie down the road and that's going to be a mistake that he simply cannot see coming. Because of how close Cory/Jared are, I do think he hopes to bring him in to his plan to get Cirie out around F7 or so, and it's so unfortunate that we, as viewers, can see the outcome in a way that Cory cannot, not unless Blue blabs the whole secret to Jag, who tells America and Cory (and we know Blue is finding out any day now).

I like Cory a lot, he's super self aware that 99% of houseguests usually aren't and I do think he has an excellent strategy, knowing he cannot make a move on Cirie now (he doesn't have the numbers and it will backfire on him). Getting in Cirie's inner circle is actually an excellent move, as it gets him farther and allows him to get closer to enacting his likely plan to get out Cirie by F6 onward. He just has that family secret he's out of the loop of, so he can't possibly see that most likely outcome where Jared inevitably betrays Cory for Cirie because of an unbreakable bond.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

And yeah, @Lady Calypso, I'll admit that part of my take on Cory is I'm grading him on a bit of a curve because of his built-in disadvantage based on the fact that he's getting screwed by production. So he has to play much better than normal to do well. 

Absolutely.

@Lady Calypso - yes to everything you said.

I feel like we have always linked America and Cory together in an alliance, but really at the start Cory was shut out and America was part of the young people alliance with Blue/Jag/Reilly/Matt.  I guess that's why it feels like them coming together now and Cory finally being a little more honest doesn't seem so out of touch to me.  Granted, I haven't been watching the feeds as much during the day, so maybe my take is a little out of context.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Slider said:

and America was part of the young people alliance with Blue/Jag/Reilly/Matt. 

I wouldn't even say America was really a part of that alliance either. America talked about how she felt left out because nobody would talk actual game with her. And, honestly, it's not like America/Blue talk much game even now, while Matt doesn't seem to trust America either. America's been left out as well to an extent. She's only just started getting closer with Jag; otherwise, she's been in a similar boat to Cory. Both kind of outsiders, with some connections to someone in the other group (Jag for America, Jared for Cory) but Cory's better insulated now while America is seen as shady/snakey. 

But I do think Cory was in a worse spot than America in week 1. Cory was one of the few targets that week that could have gone home, and he would have, had Reilly not saved him and saved Kirsten.

• Like 2

I’m liking Bolivia more and more.

Clue me in: is it America that is being referred to by different country names here? For a long time I thought it was Bowie. I'm not in on the joke. How did this start and why?

• Like 2

I'm doing a quick scan of things to see who to hate and who to cheer for and who needs to pee down their leg and have it pool in their shoes uncomfortably while locked inside the comp and I don't quite know what's been happening in the house but I kinda need Hisam to be voted out immediately because I keep seeing the Big Brother commercial in the morning when I watch the news and I keep getting jump-scared into thinking he's Brendan (of Rachel and BRENNAAAAAN! fame). Accidental faux Brendan is no bueno at 5:30 am.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

Can you even IMAGINE telling someone, "I'm telling you the truth NOW" and having them ACCEPT that? 

They’d probably gift you with the old Aesop fable of the boy who cried wolf if they were nice or flip you the bird if they were normal.

So glad to see you back @Callaphera just in time for pressure cooker! Missed you. Happy birthday to you 🎉🎂 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

Can you even IMAGINE telling someone, "I'm telling you the truth NOW" and having them ACCEPT that? 

In a House full of HGs who have repeatedly demonstrated the memory retention span of a goldfish?  Absolutely.

41 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

WAIT. WHAT. WHAT. PRESSURE COOKER ASADLKJASLKDJAS;

...did I miss it? Please tell me it's tonight.

ETA: It's tonight?!?!?!?! You guys, I'm not fucking around when I say that today is my 40th birthday and I am fucking HERE for this gift of a lifetime from Big Brother.

TONIGHT!!!

14 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Clue me in: is it America that is being referred to by different country names here? For a long time I thought it was Bowie. I'm not in on the joke. How did this start and why?

Because from Day 1 posts referencing “America’s vote”, “America says”, “so-and-so is talking to America”, etc. were confusing the heck outta people, and for good solid BB history reasons.  It’s no personal slam against Lithuania, mind you; just recognition of the fact that when Production started using terms like “America’s Vote” in seasons past, they’d obviously never considered the possibility of a HG named America being on the show.

17 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'm doing a quick scan of things to see who to hate and who to cheer for and who needs to pee down their leg and have it pool in their shoes uncomfortably while locked inside the comp and I don't quite know what's been happening in the house but I kinda need Hisam to be voted out immediately because I keep seeing the Big Brother commercial in the morning when I watch the news and I keep getting jump-scared into thinking he's Brendan (of Rachel and BRENNAAAAAN! fame). Accidental faux Brendan is no bueno at 5:30 am.

Damn, Ken Kesey - I thought you passed away years ago.  😆

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

WAIT. WHAT. WHAT. PRESSURE COOKER ASADLKJASLKDJAS;

...did I miss it? Please tell me it's tonight.

ETA: It's tonight?!?!?!?! You guys, I'm not fucking around when I say that today is my 40th birthday and I am fucking HERE for this gift of a lifetime from Big Brother.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TWINNIE!!! 🥳🎁🎂🎉

• Love 3

Happy Birthday, @Callaphera!  Maybe Red will make a birthday cake for you today! He made one for his daughter two days ago. (Rewind to 8/22 5:00 pm Pacific time, Camera 2 if you want to see it. There will be a bit of a lead in but then you won't miss anything.)

54 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Because from Day 1 posts referencing “America’s vote”, “America says”, “so-and-so is talking to America”, etc. were confusing the heck outta people, and for good solid BB history reasons.  It’s no personal slam against Lithuania, mind you; just recognition of the fact that when Production started using terms like “America’s Vote” in seasons past, they’d obviously never considered the possibility of a HG named America being on the show.

Additional is that in BB 22 there was a guy called Memphis, so we ended up renaming him a different Tennessee town each day, for example, Pigeon Forge.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Additional is that in BB 22 there was a guy called Memphis, so we ended up renaming him a different Tennessee town each day, for example, Pigeon Forge.

And someone named Christmas was referred to as other holidays (most commonly "Arbor Day," to the point of that mostly becoming her "main" name). 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Some people are up now. Camera 4 shows the bathroom, the terrible trio (Cirie, Izzy and Felicia) talking about Cameron, I think. The shower noise conflicts with their voices. They may be talking about switching to getting Cameron out tonight or else the eviction after.  Felicia called Jag "Jerry." Also Jag can be trusted.

Camera switched over to scramble bedroom. Hisam's bed is empy. My guess is he's in the exercise room.

Cirie steps out of the shower, clad only in a towel. She needs to keep that towel secure. Good thing there is a feed delay of a few seconds so a camera switch can keep an embarrassing moment out of view. Which probably happened just now because we got to see the scramble bedroom for a few seconds, then went back to the bathroom.

• Like 1

Hisam was in Felicia's bed. He told her that he put on clean sheets, then slept on the bedspread, to keep it clean for her. So he is not totally a villain.

I have to say the house guests have NO idea that the HOH comp is the pressure cooker. NO idea at all. For days they've been commenting on the hammering and drilling, but are still guess it's a questions or other type of competition.

Kitchen view now. Jag and Felicia talking. He is dressed in black shirt and shorts with a navy baseball hat. Must be the darkest head covering he owns. The black is actually a hoodie sweater (?) and a peep of a more colorful top underneath. I thought he was in mourning for his imminent departure.

• Like 1

A few days ago, I looked up pressure cooker on Youtube to remember how it went.  I vaguely remember the plexiglass cube, but I also remember a version of it being in a car, with everyone packed into a car and complaining about needing to pee.  So was there a car in some other competition not called the pressure cooker?

Just now, Gemma Violet said:

A few days ago, I looked up pressure cooker on Youtube to remember how it went.  I vaguely remember the plexiglass cube, but I also remember a version of it being in a car, with everyone packed into a car and complaining about needing to pee.  So was there a car in some other competition not called the pressure cooker?

Maybe the car one was called "Are we there yet?".

• LOL 5
9 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Wait, she said he can be trusted?  Because that’s a new script for Felicia.  She’s been calling him a liar since last week.

She and Jag were on the couch after dinner last night and spoke for about an hour. Then later after they pulled in America, Felicia, Cirie and Izzy said that Jag is one of the extras of their side alliance. So she might be saying he can be trusted within those terms.

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I vaguely remember the plexiglass cube, but I also remember a version of it being in a car, with everyone packed into a car and complaining about needing to pee. 

I think the car competition was also the very first competition in whatever season it was on, Maybe 2 or 3?  It was also a comp to win the car.  Of course, my memory is not what it used to be so, grain of salt and all...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I think you're remembering season two. Kent won the car, ignoring the guilting from... I want to say Justin? for him to give it to Autumn. Sheryl saw what was unfolding and noped tf out.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
Autumn, not Amber.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, LeDucDiableBleu said:

I think I remember Memphis winning a car too in season 10.

He definitely did. I think he later on said he never actually got the car because, in true BB fashion, there was some mix-up because the car was vintage. IIRC they gave him money, but I'm sure it wasn't as much as what the car was worth.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

Jared and Jag are busy counting different items in the hospital room, such as skulls and eyeballs. They must think the HOH is a counting one.

Oh, news flash, Jag is NOT wearing the chicken costume!

Also there are 13 blue books, 13 red books, 12 yellow and 11 green. And there's a Red and a Blue in the house! Plus there's flowers to count.

• Like 1
Just now, Lamb18 said:

Jared and Jag are busy counting different items in the hospital room, such as skulls and eyeballs. They must think the HOH is a counting one.

They keep pointing at things and I'm not sure if it's good, because they're warming up their button holding muscles or bad because they're using their button holding muscles prematurely. I also don't know if either of them are on the side of good or evil but Jag looks like a dude I dated for a second after high school and it wasn't a messy breakup so I feel like I wanna root for him.

Please let me know if he has a secret career kicking puppies or something before I get too deep in this thing.

• LOL 3
Just now, Callaphera said:

They keep pointing at things and I'm not sure if it's good, because they're warming up their button holding muscles or bad because they're using their button holding muscles prematurely. I also don't know if either of them are on the side of good or evil but Jag looks like a dude I dated for a second after high school and it wasn't a messy breakup so I feel like I wanna root for him.

Please let me know if he has a secret career kicking puppies or something before I get too deep in this thing.

The worst thing about Jared so far: he and his "friend", Blue, were talking about "counts". He said if a girl slept with him after their first date, he wouldn't date her again. He prefers women with low counts while his count doesn't matter.

I didn't see/hear this myself, so eyewitnesses, please correct me if I've gotten any of this wrong.

• Mind Blown 1

Jag is a good guy.  Kinda boring, IMO, but he hasn't done or said anything offensive that we know of at this point.  

Over at Jokers', Jared is currently ranked in last place, below the guy who was kicked out in Week 1 for saying the N word.

1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

I didn't see/hear this myself, so eyewitnesses, please correct me if I've gotten any of this wrong.

Yes, this is true.  It was discussed in a small group conversation (with Matt, Reilly, and Blue, I think), and then later he made the same claim during a conversation with a larger group in the living room.  During that conversation, Izzy tried to point out his double standard but it didn't sway him in any way.  That may have been the start of him disliking Izzy. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Yes, this is true.  It was discussed in a small group conversation (with Matt, Reilly, and Blue, I think), and then later he made the same claim during a conversation with a larger group in the living room.  During that conversation, Izzy tried to point out his double standard but it didn't sway him in any way.  That may have been the start of him disliking Izzy. 

That was 100% the start of him disliking Izzy. The morning after Izzy called him out on his sexist views, he went to Cirie to tell her that Izzy was being too emotional and he didn't trust her and, if there was an opportunity to get her out (without spilling the secret, I'm guessing), he would take it.

It became very obvious that he only started voicing his dislike for Izzy after that night. Even if he felt that way prior, it's telling when he decided to start voicing it out loud.

26 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I also don't know if either of them are on the side of good or evil but Jag looks like a dude I dated for a second after high school and it wasn't a messy breakup so I feel like I wanna root for him.

Jag seems fine.

Jared's been showing a LOT of sexist views on women. There's the whole "body count" discussion, which is that he doesn't want a girl who has slept with multiple men, but he's fine to do that himself (he talks a lot about having sex with women in clubs). He's had a lot of "icks" with women. Like, a lot. He lists a new one every other day. A couple of days ago, it was women who have bodily functions. 

He also loves calling women "emotional" the moment they voice something he disagrees with. 

Oh yeah, and he's also actively cheating on his girlfriend of 7 years with Blue, and has implied that he's been cheating on his girlfriend with other women prior to the show. So there's that. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

Jag seems like a nice enough guy, but boy, his weird bragging about having three majors in his intro definitely threw me a bit. Who the fuck brags about having three majors in college? That doesn't mean ANYTHING! And thus, to brag about it makes me think you're one of those people who delude yourself into thinking there IS significance to stuff like that so that you can feel more important, and that's silly. 

Luckily, in the actual house, he's been fine, so I'm assuming CBS pushed for him to brag about it. 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Jag seems like a nice enough guy, but boy, his weird bragging about having three majors in his intro definitely threw me a bit. Who the fuck brags about having three majors in college? That doesn't mean ANYTHING! And thus, to brag about it makes me think you're one of those people who delude yourself into thinking there IS significance to stuff like that so that you can feel more important, and that's silly. 

Luckily, in the actual house, he's been fine, so I'm assuming CBS pushed for him to brag about it. 

Considering that each major has its own prerequisites in terms of required courses, projects, research papers, etc., that's a lot of extra work to fit into a typical course load, especially if your college also has a core curriculum that you have to complete aside from your major(s). Maybe the majors themselves don't always translate into what you do afterwards, but having a triple major does usually indicate that you had to work extra hard and show extra dedication to get it all done, which can carry over into your life in general. It's not always about feeling more important - it can be about feeling a sense of accomplishment and pride. I don't think it's correct to say it doesn't mean ANYTHING and has no significance.

Edited to add that I myself only had one major, so I'm not defending it out of a sense of solidarity.

Edited by tracyscott76
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Sea Green and Flesh (memories of the 64 crayon Crayola boxes of my childhood).

Ah, yes, the good old days of racist crayons.

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think Cory even admits he hasn't done well with America the last few days, so he's aware he's kind of screwing up with her.

Yeah, I did a bad job of conveying Cory’s insecurities in his monologue last night, but he has a lot of them. But at least he recognizes where he has gone wrong and is actively trying to course correct. He has the kind of self awareness that few others seem to have right now. 

4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Because of how close Cory/Jared are, I do think he hopes to bring him in to his plan to get Cirie out around F7 or so, and it's so unfortunate that we, as viewers, can see the outcome in a way that Cory cannot, not unless Blue blabs the whole secret to Jag, who tells America and Cory (and we know Blue is finding out any day now).

Jared is going to be the fatal flaw in many game plans if that secret doesn’t come out. If Hisam had known that the six outsider votes he was campaigning for would never include Jared, he might have focused his efforts on re-ingratiating himself with the Professors only, without promising the house and his soul to anyone who would listen. And in that case, I think he would have succeeded.

(Not that Jared was Hisam’s fatal flaw. He was his own fatal flaw. But still.)

I have a feeling Blue already knows about the secret. She may be holding on to that intel to use later, but I don’t think Blue is really playing. I think she’s just along for the ride (and the followers).

4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

today is my 40th birthday and I am fucking HERE

Yay! Good to see you! And happy birthday. 

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Yeah, sometimes I miss ol’ Bucksnort.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Now just wait a freakin’ minute -  do you mean there’s actually an alliance that Jared isn’t a part of???

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

The worst thing about Jared so far: he and his "friend", Blue, were talking about "counts". He said if a girl slept with him after their first date, he wouldn't date her again. He prefers women with low counts while his count doesn't matter.

This has been a source of significant confusion for me as well, as it comes down to specific wording: did Jared express this sentiment with regards to women who slept with him on a first date, or towards women who wanted to sleep with him on a first date? IMHO the difference between the two could be significant.

Does anybody have a link to a video of the original conversation where this topic of discussion first -ah- came up?

54 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Jag seems like a nice enough guy, but boy, his weird bragging about having three majors in his intro definitely threw me a bit. Who the fuck brags about having three majors in college? That doesn't mean ANYTHING!

Sure, it means something; it means Jared is incredibly indecisive.  😉

• LOL 6

This has crossed my mind more than once today: what do you think the odds will be tonight that instead of seeing the eviction vote, we’ll end up watching “Breaking News”…?  🤬🤬🤬

Edited by Nashville
From the Office of Redundant Redundancy
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

We are now at bunnies, so feeds are probably down until after the show. Although sometimes on Thursdays, feeds would be down for a while, then pop back on in the late afternoon (Central Time), then go back off again until after the show airs.

I'll be getting back home some time between 8:30-9:00 tonight. First thing - check the feeds to see if the comp is going. If not, watch Project Runway. 

There's a super cute orange white kitten showing. He's so close to the camera you just see his ear or his side.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Nashville said:

This has crossed my mind more than once today: what do you think the odds will be tonight that instead of seeing the eviction vote, we’ll end up watching “Breaking News”…?  🤬🤬🤬

This has crossed my mind a few times this afternoon. It reminds me of last year when the Queen passed and everyone thought it would interrupt BB. I guess we’re lucky that the Thursday show airs an hour later than the rest. 

And is it really breaking news at this point?!? I guess the third time, really is the charm. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Nashville said:

This has been a source of significant confusion for me as well, as it comes down to specific wording: did Jared express this sentiment with regards to women who slept with him on a first date, or towards women who wanted to sleep with him on a first date? IMHO the difference between the two could be significant.

Does anybody have a link to a video of the original conversation where this topic of discussion first -ah- came up?

I don't have a link, but I remember very clearly watching that convo for longer than I wish to admit.  It was the former.  To clarify, he would still sleep with them, but not want to continue anything because they slept with him on the first date.  True hypocrite with a double standard.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, HelpMeRondah said:

This has crossed my mind a few times this afternoon. It reminds me of last year when the Queen passed and everyone thought it would interrupt BB. I guess we’re lucky that the Thursday show airs an hour later than the rest. 

And is it really breaking news at this point?!? I guess the third time, really is the charm. 

I think we should be good; current reports are the “event” taking place at 7:30pm EDT.  Figure live broadcast of the process itself takes about 10-15 minutes, plus about a half-hour before AND a half-hour after for the network THs to dissect it to within an inch of our lives, and it shouldn’t overlap the broadcast - assuming, of course, the defendant shows up on time.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Feeds are back! Felicia is ironing an orange garment in the comic room. All cameras are on this. People are prepping for the live show tonight.

I looked at BB Chat and Felicia is actually ironing her sheets (!). So she scorned the clean sheets Hisam put on her bed earlier and is ironing a new pair to put on her bed?

Red is brushing his luscious locks. He flips forward to his hair flips over his face, then flips his head back. He has the hair fling thing nailed. Felicia is in a light lavender outfit. Cirie says to Felicia, "You got your boo back." They snicker, then start whispering, making it hard for feedsters to hear. Whispering something about a good night's sleep.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

think we should be good; current reports are the “event” taking place at 7:30pm EDT.  Figure live broadcast of the process itself takes about 10-15 minutes, plus about a half-hour before AND a half-hour after for the network THs to dissect it to within an inch of our lives, and it shouldn’t overlap the broadcast - assuming, of course, the defendant shows up on time.

Thank goodness the broadcast is at 8 CST @Nashville -- Channel 5 is showing another mayoral debate from 6:30 to 7:30 tonight.   I just saw Rhori Johnston announce the debate and was about to scream until I checked and saw it is only an hour.  

• LOL 1

It is truly wild to me how bad Cirie's reads are, and as well as she's set up (allied with everyone) I feel like if she is determined to flip and keep Hisam nothing will save her. In what universe are you more worried about Cameron than Hisam? If it also didn't fuck up Cory's game I would be for it all the way, as it is I think Cory is savvy enough to adjust to a new end game, Cirie (and Production) are  married to one end game: her and Jared at the end.

I see on Cameras one and two that Jag is back in his chicken costume. Izzy and Cory have been talking for quite a while. She says she is sick of Red and Cameron. She says: "Everybody thinks highly of Cirie, which makes me happy, but, you know . . ."  End game conversation.

Izzy currently bitching about how she hates them all, she just can't connect with Jag, which Izzy if everybody else is the asshole....I can understand her hatred of Cam, but Blue and Jag and Matt and America? Nah. Does she hate Bowie too? Lady get a grip.

Cory is running through potential end games with Izzy this convo seems dangerous, I think he's trying to seed which he needs to do, but she's sooooo unable to see how she loses with Cirie/Jared and sadly I think she's happy to lose to her. Keep working on it Cory.

16 minutes ago, Thalia said:

Thank goodness the broadcast is at 8 CST @Nashville -- Channel 5 is showing another mayoral debate from 6:30 to 7:30 tonight.   I just saw Rhori Johnston announce the debate and was about to scream until I checked and saw it is only an hour.  

SAME. 🙄🤬🙄🤬🙄

• Like 1