Type keyword(s) to search

Season 25 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Meanwhile, mastermind Cameron is just positive that Felicia is Denzel Washington's sister!

Ah, I came in on a bit of this last night, I think, but rewind wasn't working for me. Cameron was talking about the same facial expressions. I thought he might be on to Jared and Cirie. 

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, veto picks were drawn, and it sounds like Blue, Matt and maybe America were picked?

Yay, WE are play- oh, dang. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
31 minutes ago, luluesq1 said:

I always lurk every season. You’re my guilty pleasure!

I for one am not a guilty pleasure! I’m an absolute, undeniable pleasure. (Ask my mom.) Just kidding. Welcome!

Where is Brian? And so many others? Board activity has been very light his season, which is kind of puzzling. This season may not be setting the world on fire, but there have been far worse ones.

As for Jared, no way is he keeping his secret for much longer. He’s already screwed up at least twice, by using his last name when quoting his football coach (and then covering that the coach used “fields” when referring to “yards”) and then revealing his nickname, which coincidentally matched a publicly-known nickname of Cirie’s son. Right now, the only question is who will give it up first: Jared, with an accumulation of loose lips, or Izzy, with a strategical power play?

And then the next question is, how long will Izzy stick by Cirie’s side once she no longer has anything to hold over her? My guess is about 6.5 minutes.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

And then the next question is, how long will Izzy stick by Cirie’s side once she no longer has anything to hold over her? My guess is about 6.5 minutes.

I've been trying to decide how many of the HGs will turn on Izzy for not sharing what she knew. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Where is Brian? And so many others? Board activity has been very light his season, which is kind of puzzling. This season may not be setting the world on fire, but there have been far worse ones. 

Speaking only for myself here, I am bored to the point of total apathy and have nothing to say. I don't really like any of them, I don't hate any of them (except Izzy, but I just want her to stfu and go away, and there are only so many ways to say that), I'm BORED. I'm reading this thread, for now, but I will for sure check out of this season soon. 

• Like 7
9 hours ago, dizzyd said:

After watching feeds yesterday, I’m feeling a lot better about this season and this group. 

Not me. Cirie may be a favorite of some Survivor fans, but that’s Survivor and not BB - quit cross-polluting my shows, ya flamin’ fucktards.  

So, Production: you want to shove Cirie down our collective throats on the mistaken premise that EVERYBODY just frikkin’ luuurrrrves Cirie?  Fine - start a new series, call it The Cirie Show, and stuff it in a time slot I can safely ignore.  But for fuck’s sake quit shitting on my summer hamburger and telling me it’s “secret sauce”.

2 hours ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

I've been trying to decide how many of the HGs will turn on Izzy for not sharing what she knew. 

That number increases daily.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 4

7 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I'm reading this thread, for now, but I will for sure check out of this season soon. 

I’m almost to the point of checking out myself until this 4-time Survivor loser quits mucking up the works.  I’m already sick of Cirie being designated the default TH narrator of the season for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I’m almost to the point of checking out myself

Ah noooo! But you guys are the best part of every season! 

That being said, I spoke too soon this morning. I started the day with all positive thoughts, stupid me 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s been 4.5h already, must be another individually played comp. 🥱 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

I keep forgetting to turn on the feeds, and when I do remember, I find I don't want to watch. I'd blame BB, and part of it is definitely on the show, but I also think my viewing habits have just changed.

It kinda makes me sad a little.

Blame COVID.  Pre-virus we could tell ourselves some of the more nasty and outrageous behavioral displays we saw in the House were extreme social aberrations, and maybe even believe it - but now we know they’re closer to being the societal norm than the deviation.  Overall, people just suck more - which makes regular displays of such (like BB) less entertaining to watch.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

So, Production: you want to shove Cirie down our collective throats on the mistaken premise that EVERYBODY just frikkin’ luuurrrrves Cirie?  Fine - start a new series, call it The Cirie Show, and stuff it in a time slot I can safely ignore.  But for fuck’s sake quit shitting on my summer hamburger and telling me it’s “secret sauce”.

damn-damn-damn-damn.gif

Tell me how you really feel.  lol

3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Blame COVID.  Pre-virus we could tell ourselves some of the more nasty and outrageous behavioral displays we saw in the House were extreme social aberrations, and maybe even believe it - but now we know they’re closer to being the societal norm than the deviation.  Overall, people just suck more - which makes regular displays of such (like BB) less entertaining to watch.

I never thought of it in those terms before. Huh.

• Like 1

Re. Cirie: I loved her on Survivor, I loved her on Traitors, I didn’t love the idea of her coming into the BB house. Not because of any cross-contamination between shows, but because I think it’s better when everyone starts on an equal footing. That said, to my surprise, I’m enjoying her presence. She may have an experiential advantage, but she also has a built-in target on her back, and as a strategy fan, it’s been interesting to watch her navigate that.

I do think it would have been better to do a Fans vs Favorites-type season with many seasoned players rather than just one lone Favorite, but I still don’t think it was a terrible thing. I mean, it could have been Frankie

As for people sucking, I disagree that it’s only become apparent in recent years. People have always sucked. A lot. It’s the tolerance for excusing their behavior that has fallen in recent years, and for me, seeing people like Luke get their swift comeuppance (rather than a slap on the wrist and myriad excuses) is more satisfying than ever. 

I loved watching the Cookout prevail. I love that a group of older contestants are currently driving this season, Cirie or no Cirie. There’s a lack of batshit crazy that may be making the feeds less compelling, but it’s still early. And with the writer’s strike, what the hell else is there to watch?

I’m in this colonoscopy chute until the (admittedly questionable) lab results come back. I hope I’m not the only one, because I miss you guys in the off-season and I’ll be sad if you vanish now. Don’t make me wade through this tunnel of shit alone!

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

We really are still at the starting gate of the show, which is a feeling I think we forget every year. The people you think will be fun turn out to be creeps, and vice versa. I am confident people will get more and more colorful (pardon the pun) as the weeks go by.

• Like 5

@30 Helens I’m right there with you.

I’m currently getting over COVID and have been isolated for 5 days, and this has been my entertainment. I like this group! They’re all players, they all have good and bad points, but I don’t want to punch anyone in the face. The nether whatever seems to be complete nonsense, but the fact that who gets picked pisses people off? Here for it.

I’ve had the feeds on for like 4 hours because I just want to know who wins POV. I don’t know, I still really care.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 5
  • Love 3

Katesus7 I hope you feel better soon, and I'm sorry that there's been so much down time this week on the feeds, when you really needed them! 

Last night I went out for the first time in 11 months to see some friends who were visiting from out of state, and this morning one of them tested positive for covid. I wore a mask while I wasn't eating (I have lung issues) so now I'm just waiting to see. 

• Hugs 11

People at Jokers are speculating that because the feeds cut as Hisam was going to the DR, maybe the long feed delay may have something to do with questionable remarks he's made to other houseguests.  

I just know I'm tired of seeing bunnies.

• Like 2

I mean, I know there have been long ass veto comps, but this has officially gone over even a long ass veto comp. I think there HAS to be something else going on. And I’m tired, so will probably rely on others to let me know wtf happened today. 

• Like 2

Nope. The bunnies are still telling me that the HGs are off filming something awesome, and we all know that nothing awesome is happening at 12:45am. Poor Hisam. Possibly his only HoH, and minimal strutting has made it onto live feeds.

Let’s just crown a bunny HoH and see what happens. (I’m telling you, some of those kittens would be really good at agility comps.)

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

As a new viewer to the "live feeds" I have to ask: how often are there live feeds??? I have attempted numerous times to watch and every single time its been a bunny cage. One time I saw some action but it was very boring. How do you guys happen to see anything good? Do you have it on in the background and can see when something good happens?

• Like 2

@MsMalin, I've never seen it go on this long unless someone (e.g., Luke, or a special pre-taped eviction show) was evicted at sometime other than a live show after a vote.  BUT, normally if it is a Luke situation there is some kind of leak/rumor about what's happening.  As far as I know, this time, nothing. 

And I do keep the feeds on in the background as a lot of it, especially at the beginning, is listening to them talk about how they keep their tans so "awesome!"  But then they go off into pairs and trios and whisper a lot.  It is all oddly soothing.  Unless Hisam is pontificating, and then I want to rip my ears off. 

PS, I also like it better after a few evictions.  They start to get more paranoid, and the conversations/conspiracies amp up.  And it is easier to hear them as there aren't a dozen of them in the same room trying to talk at once.  

Edited by Thalia
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I resorted to looking for Spoiler Girl on Twitter, and she said that her contact person was off last night. The morbid part of me is always expecting a serious injury to happen some day during these comps, so I'll be glad when they come back.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Re. Cirie: I loved her on Survivor, I loved her on Traitors, I didn’t love the idea of her coming into the BB house. Not because of any cross-contamination between shows, but because I think it’s better when everyone starts on an equal footing. That said, to my surprise, I’m enjoying her presence. She may have an experiential advantage, but she also has a built-in target on her back, and as a strategy fan, it’s been interesting to watch her navigate that.

I do think it would have been better to do a Fans vs Favorites-type season with many seasoned players rather than just one lone Favorite, but I still don’t think it was a terrible thing. I mean, it could have been Frankie

I was thinking the same thing. If they were going to bring someone back from any of the CBS shows, it could have been much worse.  Could have been better too.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TimWil said:

This just in-Bowie Jane is Helen Reddy’s daughter via sperm donor David Bowie.

I think you're joking, but I would buy this. There's got to be a reason for the random solo Aussie

• Like 1

Yeah, so feeds being off 17 hours and counting means either something happened that they haven't figured out how to proceed with yet, or Button Boy and Friends are completely asleep and the next shift haven't come into work yet. 

At this point, I'm more concerned about the houseguests rather than pissed off that the feeds are off. Because if it IS a serious thing, such as an injury and possible medical evacuation, I wouldn't like that. But if it's twist related or the interns broke the button to turn the feeds back on, then I'll gladly be pissed off. But either way, CBS Interns need to be on social media, letting people know that feeds are going to be off all day or if they'll be back, and especially if everyone in the house is fine or not. 

But yeah, not a good way to start the season with now two multi-day feeds blackout. No, show, we don't WANT to watch your shitty edited episodes to find out the twists and what will happen next. That's why we watch the feeds.

• Like 7
3 hours ago, MsMalin said:

As a new viewer to the "live feeds" I have to ask: how often are there live feeds??? I have attempted numerous times to watch and every single time its been a bunny cage. One time I saw some action but it was very boring. How do you guys happen to see anything good? Do you have it on in the background and can see when something good happens?

I only watch the live feeds because I have Paramount+. I also find it boring because there is too much focus on game talk strategizing who to throw under the bus.  For me, Big Brother After Dark was the best. There was a TV-MA vibe then and HG were more entertaining. It switched to POP which toned it down to a PG-13 but still entertaining.  

My problem with the live feeds is that they go down quite a few times and when not, all 4 cameras are focused on the same conversations even when I try to switch to a different camera. 

• Like 5

Feeds back. Hisam won veto so looks like noms stay same unless someone pissed Hisam off since feeds went down. Bowie back safe from nether (and may also have immunity?) 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I think it's a combination of things. First of all, the show started a month later than usual. That means some people simply forgot about it, some people are too busy getting ready to go back to school or taking that last vacation before school starts. Viewing habits change. 

Secondly, it's been pretty boring IMO. I have the Pluto TV app so this is the first time I've ever been able to watch live feeds. I watched about five minutes and turned it off I was so bored. I don't know if it's usually this boring early on or not.

Third, I think a lot of people are really disgusted by the Cirie twist and are boycotting the show. It's pretty obvious what they're doing and I'll be gobsmacked if she doesn't end up in the final two.

12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

She may have an experiential advantage, but she also has a built-in target on her back, and as a strategy fan, it’s been interesting to watch her navigate that.

People always say that when shows bring back "fan favorites." "Oh, well, they're also at a disadvantage, because they have a huge target on their back." Except . . . they really don't. That's not what happens. What happens is everyone is star struck and wants to be their friend and work with them and be famous. And what happens on BB is that the show makes sure their favorites stay safe. Think Cirie will ever be nominated? Rest assured, the show will ask us to vote for who we want to win the Coup d'etat power! Guess who will win it? Or Cirie will be sent to this Nether thing and be exempt from eviction. There's all kinds of shenanigans they can pull to keep her around.

• Like 6

Glad everyone seems to be alive. Here from the cheap seats Hisam's side should just be happy they have two good nominees up and that they'll be in a good spot either way. But hamsters historically cannot stop micromanaging themselves out of a good spot.

• Like 2

Hisam seems to be aware of everyone trying to save Reilly and claims it’s not smart (because it’s not his opinion 🙄) He actually says Reilly is a dictator and should be eliminated, what a hypocrite! He’s also being cocky and thinks this will be a unanimous Reilly eviction because he says so.

Edited by dizzyd

So…nothing happened? The feeds go off for 18 hours and no one got booted or anything? Well that pisses me right off. And of course Hisam won veto because I can’t have nice things. He’s so insufferable!

• Like 5

Reilly starting her campaign for votes. Sounds like from the way they’re talking that the results are new, so was it really such a long comp! I’m glad they’re safe but they need to redesign their comps, I say max 5h.

• Like 2

Felicia's complaining about the state of the kitchen and how others don't cook or help clean, so maybe food was just left out overnight instead of there being a power outage. 

Edited by Mediocre Gatsby
"there" not "their"

The BB announcer is feeling me. "Please conserve water!"

Izzy and Cory had an interesting conversation about numbers and strategies, but Izzy lost me when she said she was so glad she hadn't won HOH this week. I always look askance at people who say that when they haven't come close to winning. She said that winning or losing is a "confidence" thing, that at home she could do the competitions fine, but here she's looking at people looking "perfect" and she can't do it. They think that the competitions so far haven't been the kind that anyone could win. 

All cameras have been on Reilly and Jag for too long for me. Jag can say more words, without saying anything, than anyone I know. 

POV was really that long?  Usually POV comps aren't endurance based, so I'm betting it was one of those timed puzzle comps where each player has a max time of a half hour to figure out the puzzle.  Even if everyone took the full half hour, plus resets between players, that only accounts for 5-6 hours.  My money is on that whatever the comp was, it was overly elaborate and under-engineered and it malfunctioned.  Repeatedly.

Or.....just speculation.....Matt finally put his foot down and demanded production accommodate his deafness for the comps, and it took that long to consult the lawyers and then figure out how to do that.

At least when Survivor had a deaf castaway, Jeffy always stood directly in front of her and spoke very clearly, and checked to be sure she understood--but not in an obnoxious way.  I also heard, probably in the forums here, that written instructions were also available for her to review.  

The one thing I've come to depend on from BB is that they will consistently half-ass it. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Secondly, it's been pretty boring IMO.

I don’t think the feeds have been boring at all. These people are almost constantly talking game or being insane. Now, if you like kumbaya games, family dinners, and small talk you might be disappointed because there’s been little of that. I am not a fan of that shit though lol.

28 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:

So it's Sunday and we will have 4 days to wait for Reily to leave? 🤨

I don’t think Reilly leaving is a forgone conclusion. It’s all up to Cirie. Reilly will be a loyal Cirie follower while Cameron is less likely to be that. Cirie also doesn’t like the closeness that Cameron has with Red. Izzy hates Cameron. If Cirie decides to keep Reilly then Reilly will stay and as of now Cirie could go either way.

I’m torn. There are a lot of good/fun/interesting characters this season, including Cirie, but it really feels like we’re in for a cake walk for Cirie, shades of BB16/Derrick, and that really sucks.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I also heard, probably in the forums here, that written instructions were also available for her to review.  

I read that Matt was given written instructions for this week’s HOH so if that’s actually true then I assume they’ll continue to give him written instructions ahead of the comps. 

• Like 2

The only truly fair way to have a Survivor player like Cirie on BB is to have the whole cast be former Survivor players, preferably on her level of skill. That, or a mix of Survivor players and BB vets. Putting a Cirie with full-stop newbies just isn't fair, even if the game is technically different.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
40 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

The only truly fair way to have a Survivor player like Cirie on BB is to have the whole cast be former Survivor players, preferably on her level of skill. That, or a mix of Survivor players and BB vets. Putting a Cirie with full-stop newbies just isn't fair, even if the game is technically different.

And just for good measure, they put her son in there too. With no other pairs. 

• Like 13