Type keyword(s) to search

Season 25 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

Cirie relates Jag’s apology to Felicia. Neither of them are buying his denials. Fe tells her tale of kitchen indignation. (Yeah, she’s a little dramatic, but her story has more truth than theirs. I’ve witnessed mean girl/passive bully situations, and this was a classic. Jag really is tanking his jury management.)

Matt and Bowie can’t believe that Fe is actually working on a jury speech. He hasn’t even thought about a jury speech. Bowie thinks it’s cocky. And Felicia should watch out, because bad things happen when you’re cocky! (Words to live by, BJ.)

• Like 6

Cirie tells Felicia Jag’s argument that next week’s HoH isn’t important anyway, because it doesn’t matter who is nominated. The veto winner holds all the power and decides who goes home. Felicia sees right through the holes in the argument. Who ever goes home is not going to be the HoH!

Cameras kept cutting away, so I don’t know if Cirie has also relayed Jag’s explanation about how the final 3 comps work. Which means I also don’t know if either of them bought it. 

One thing Fe is not buying is Jag’s assurance that she’s going to F3. “Arrogant,” she sniffs. She wants to remind all three of them that they can’t win without the jury votes, and they might want to think about how they’re treating the jurors.

• Like 8
45 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Matt and Bowie can’t believe that Fe is actually working on a jury speech. He hasn’t even thought about a jury speech. Bowie thinks it’s cocky. And Felicia should watch out, because bad things happen when you’re cocky! (Words to live by, BJ.)

Bowie is saying this???  Maybe that’s why Bowie is a DJ now, because she must been one shit lawyer if she never did any pre-trial prep.  A real lawyer prepares for every eventuality.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

Wouldn't it be great if the jury could abstain from voting for any of these arrogant three?  Julie:  "And by a vote of 0 to 0 nobody wins this season."

One of the many many reasons I liked BB1 the best was that there was no boring HOH crap.  (The "HOH" was the worst change ever). 

The country voted on who the two would be up for eviction and the house guests then voted one out.  So the viewers got to wreck vengeance on idiots like this.

It was really impossible to be on their best behavior 24/7 so any attempt to snow the public never worked and the crappy players met their doom.  Something that never happens now.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

To be honest, after Cirie leaves, I'll be happy with whoever wins. Cirie and this horrible rigging ruined this season for me and after she leaves I feel it will be a relief for me and I will be able to enjoy what game is left and truly appreciate it. I don't mind Matt having said misogynistic things, Bowie Jane being a goat, Jag having been evicted and Felicia being annoying at times. All I care about is that a player wins who has not had the producers backing them up and supporting them. Cirie took what she deserved, Jared will be hated forever and the rigging will stop here as it should.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Skooma said:

Wouldn't it be great if the jury could abstain from voting for any of these arrogant three?  Julie:  "And by a vote of 0 to 0 nobody wins this season."

One of the many many reasons I liked BB1 the best was that there was no boring HOH crap.  (The "HOH" was the worst change ever). 

The country voted on who the two would be up for eviction and the house guests then voted one out.  So the viewers got to wreck vengeance on idiots like this.

It was really impossible to be on their best behavior 24/7 so any attempt to snow the public never worked and the crappy players met their doom.  Something that never happens now.

Yeah and the season was also incredibly boring near the end. They should have kept the seasons shorter with less houseguests like they used to. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, choclatechip45 said:

Yeah and the season was also incredibly boring near the end. They should have kept the seasons shorter with less houseguests like they used to. 

Blame it on the writers’ strike; after all, that’s what Production is going to do.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

To be honest, after Cirie leaves, I'll be happy with whoever wins. Cirie and this horrible rigging ruined this season for me and after she leaves I feel it will be a relief for me and I will be able to enjoy what game is left and truly appreciate it. I don't mind Matt having said misogynistic things, Bowie Jane being a goat, Jag having been evicted and Felicia being annoying at times. All I care about is that a player wins who has not had the producers backing them up and supporting them. Cirie took what she deserved, Jared will be hated forever and the rigging will stop here as it should.

This so much. Although, I'm not sure about the 'Jared being hated forever' part. I already see a lot of revisionist history with regards to him plus he's Cirie's son so he'll get a lot of leeway for that fact alone.

I also would love a miracle where Matt goes at F4 so that both people that I don't want to see win are gone. I don't particularly want to see the other 3 win but I'm not exactly rooting against them either, which is a win for BB lol.

Ideally, Felicia would win F4 HOH. I'm not sure Matt (or even Jag) would actually go, but it would just really piss off The Mafia and that's fun lol.

• Like 6

I would love to meet the casting director responsible for Bowie. Like, how do you interview thousands of people who want to be on this dumb show and... you land on her? Just totally inexplicable. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 11
39 minutes ago, Cutty said:

I would love to meet the casting director responsible for Bowie. Like, how do you interview thousands of people who want to be on this dumb show and... you land on her? Just totally inexplicable. 

I don't like that Bowie lied about her age. There really was no reason.

• Like 1

Bowie seems like a totally standard HG. She's weird, outgoing and has an easily identifiable "hook" (her being Australians). That's what they typically love in a contestant. 

Grodner loves "hooks." The surfer. The jock. The nerd, etc. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Cutty said:

Maybe Casting was running short on Canadians…?

<ducking>

• LOL 7
10 minutes ago, Gummo said:

Not just her - that's standard reality show casting. They cast for 'types.'

True, but the Grod seems to, like, INSIST on it, even when the people don't even fit the "types" she is trying to get them to fit! "Dammit, Tyler, you're a fucking surfer dude! Stop being smart!" 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Bowie has provided several fun moments imo. I feel like there have been way worse/more boring people cast tbh. Just this season, there are a few lol.

Wasn't Jenn City also a DJ? 

I realize BB isn't pulling the best and brightest but my word it seems like they don't even try sometimes. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, Skooma said:

The world back in 2000 is different than it is now, because of one thing: social media.

The way BB1 worked would not work today because social media really dictates a lot when they're given the power. We see it in the AFP voting, for example. Look at how Kyle made top 3 last season. We also see how the edit influences casuals to like who the show wants them to like. So it would be a clash between the social media core audience and the casuals who are being led by the episodes.

Giving full power to America (The Country) would be a downright terrible idea. We already see remnants of it with the power America is given now. We're seeing the clear top three for AFP and how certain fanbases are orchestrating coordinated votes, not because of the gameplay but because of the popularity of said houseguest. Fans who are more online are coordinating votes to avoid the same old type of people winning America's Favourite Player. It's why we've gotten winners like Taylor and Da'Vonne in recent years. Hell, I can pinpoint the exact season where coordinated votes started happening: Big Brother 19, giving Cody AFP to spite Paul.

If we were to give America full power on who wins a season, we'd continue to see a lot of Cameron-like players to win. Production can still manipulate the outcome with how they choose to present people. Casuals have a MUCH larger vote than people who watch the feeds all the time. We've seen this be the case a lot. 

It would never work out, but especially not with social media being a huge factor. 

Plus we saw what would happen if America had that much power: look at Big Brother Over The Top, where America voted on various things, such as a third nominee, giving America a vote on who would go home, etc. And OTT was online, not even on TV. Imagine giving that power to people who ONLY watch the show and see how production manipulates the edit.

The series would, quite frankly, be cancelled. There's a reason why OTT never came back and why it would be the end of Big Brother US if they ever did that.

That being said, I do wish they could just abstain from voting. Or, at least, have them pull a CBB3 and just say "I'm voting for the lesser of two evils, but both of you SUCKED at the game." Bowie's done nothing but cater to Matt/Jag while actively continuing to destroy her own game. Matt could have been in a great spot but keeps caving to what Jag wants, making him look like a spineless minion. And Jag was literally evicted and his loyalty nearly cost him again and is only playing ok now because of the comps he's won.

Nobody left is a good enough gameplayer; it's why anyone winning will be bottom tier.

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I can pinpoint the exact season where coordinated votes started happening: Big Brother 19, giving Cody AFP to spite Paul.

Spiting Paul was a good thing.

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
2 hours ago, retired watcher said:

I don't like that Bowie lied about her age. There really was no reason.

She lies about her age for no reason in her real life too. In this article which came out when she was actually 35, she was pretending to be 27 lol.

I will say I cackle every time the other houseguests bring up the topic of her age. Felicia, in particular, is so funny:

• LOL 18

I just listened to Taran's recap of the last 24 hours (on Rob has a Podcast).   He spent most of his time recapping and analyzing the Cackling and Plotting of the Not-So-Big-Three, as discussed by @30 Helens above.  And boy is he disgusted over their junior high like behavior (Bobby, you go tell Johnny that Susie is mad at him and see what he says? Hee hee hee).  He blames a lot of it on Jag's power-mad persona but Bowie and Matt don't come off much better.  

Apart from being pissed over the way they've decided to gaslight a 63 year old woman who has no chance of winning any physical comp, he detailed Matt's comments about America's lack of womanly skills and failure to do his laundry.  Plus, apparently they were mocking Cory for putting on a suit (i don't remember this) but when he didn't get the reaction he wanted (per Matt) he took it off!  Then they talked about Cory putting on America's jumpsuit.  They called it "strange" but seemed to have stopped before they crossed the line into homophobia.  

Edited by Thalia
  • Like 8
  • Useful 5
15 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Cut to Jag/Matt/Bowie. “We are the mustard seeds. We are your mustard seed.” Ce and Fe should be grateful, they’re only still here because we kept saving them.

I wonder if Jag realizes that the only reason he's still there is because Cirie convinced Matt to use the super power on him?  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

I'm going to split my vote for America and Cory for AFP. America for dealing with misogyny all season and Cory for speaking out against things all season. It sucks the votes will be split and someone like Cameron or Matt will win. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, leocadia said:

I wonder if Jag realizes that the only reason he's still there is because Cirie convinced Matt to use the super power on him?  

So, we do indeed have Cirie to thank for Jag then. Cirie made so many mistakes in the beginning and they are paying off now lol.

I probably won't vote for AFP. My fave is America and she has no chance of winning so I don't wanna waste my time voting. I don't feel strongly enough about Matt or Cameron to vote to spite them. And I feel pretty confident Cirie is winning anyway, which is very meh to me but there's no way to counteract that without voting for like Cameron and I definitely don't want Cirie to lose enough to vote for him.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The world back in 2000 is different than it is now, because of one thing: social media.

Oh I agree it wold be a terrible mess now but that versus BORING I'll go with the mess.

I hate HATE H-A-T-E the whole HOH crap and the goose stepping of all the house guests to the HOH each week.  Boring boring boring.

But yeah social media has wrecked everything from reality shows to the entire country and world which is why I never have and never will have an account on any of those platforms period.

So much more fun in BB1 with people hiring pilots to fly banners over the "house" and relatives of house guests going on real  media to campaign for their family member and people throwing rocks with messages attached over the wall.  Them thar were the days in old timey when it was fun.

PS:  Maybe one thing that could help a teeny tiny bit is if Julie did NOT give the vote totals on eviction and just said "Joe Blow you have been voted out."  Or maybe something that would cast doubt that it was NOT unanimous and make people paranoid. Don't how how that could work but the unanimous votes have got to  stop.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The way BB1 worked would not work today because social media really dictates a lot when they're given the power. We see it in the AFP voting, for example. Look at how Kyle made top 3 last season. We also see how the edit influences casuals to like who the show wants them to like. So it would be a clash between the social media core audience and the casuals who are being led by the episodes.

Giving full power to America (The Country) would be a downright terrible idea. We already see remnants of it with the power America is given now. We're seeing the clear top three for AFP and how certain fanbases are orchestrating coordinated votes, not because of the gameplay but because of the popularity of said houseguest. Fans who are more online are coordinating votes to avoid the same old type of people winning America's Favourite Player. It's why we've gotten winners like Taylor and Da'Vonne in recent years. Hell, I can pinpoint the exact season where coordinated votes started happening: Big Brother 19, giving Cody AFP to spite Paul.

If we were to give America full power on who wins a season, we'd continue to see a lot of Cameron-like players to win. Production can still manipulate the outcome with how they choose to present people. Casuals have a MUCH larger vote than people who watch the feeds all the time. We've seen this be the case a lot. 

It would never work out, but especially not with social media being a huge factor. 

Plus we saw what would happen if America had that much power: look at Big Brother Over The Top, where America voted on various things, such as a third nominee, giving America a vote on who would go home, etc. And OTT was online, not even on TV. Imagine giving that power to people who ONLY watch the show and see how production manipulates the edit.

The series would, quite frankly, be cancelled. There's a reason why OTT never came back and why it would be the end of Big Brother US if they ever did that.

That being said, I do wish they could just abstain from voting. Or, at least, have them pull a CBB3 and just say "I'm voting for the lesser of two evils, but both of you SUCKED at the game." Bowie's done nothing but cater to Matt/Jag while actively continuing to destroy her own game. Matt could have been in a great spot but keeps caving to what Jag wants, making him look like a spineless minion. And Jag was literally evicted and his loyalty nearly cost him again and is only playing ok now because of the comps he's won.

Nobody left is a good enough gameplayer; it's why anyone winning will be bottom tier.

Matt or Cirie would be the winner. 

1 hour ago, Skooma said:

I hate HATE H-A-T-E the whole HOH crap and the goose stepping of all the house guests to the HOH each week. 

I also hate all the “vote with the house” bullshit. Early seasons, people voted how they wanted and the results were a surprise. (Or so I assume, I didn’t watch feeds then.) Production could curtail this if they wanted to— they could prohibit HGs from discussing votes, and make them lose their vote if they were caught discussing it. Of course, crafty HGs could find ways around this by speaking in code or whatever, but at least it would be harder.

They could also withhold the final vote count, and that would encourage people to vote as they actually want. They do this in BB Australia. I don’t remember if Canada does that as well.

• Like 18
3 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Matt or Cirie would be the winner. 

I would LOVE for Cirie to win.  Her snarky comments in the diary room are up there with Danielle's.  She has been the only entertaining house guest all season while playing with the handicap of her "fame" making her the biggest target the whole time. 

To have made it to the final five is testimony to how good she is at misting people with her Jedi mind tricks.  "This is NOT the house guest you want to put up."  But even Obi Wan was killed off before the end too, sniff.

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Skooma said:

I would LOVE for Cirie to win.  Her snarky comments in the diary room are up there with Danielle's.  She has been the only entertaining house guest all season while playing with the handicap of her "fame" making her the biggest target the whole time. 

To have made it to the final five is testimony to how good she is at misting people with her Jedi mind tricks.  "This is NOT the house guest you want to put up."  But even Obi Wan was killed off before the end too, sniff.

I would be fine with Cirie winning. Matt not so much. 

• Like 1

Cirie "misted" her way to the final five as much as Felicia is "misting" her way to final four. Which is to say, not at all. They've been dragged here as non-threats that could be eliminated whenever Jag and Matt felt like it. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Like 10
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1

Feeds countdown! Cirie and Felicia count down their remaining nights together (one). They agree that whoever is left will be lonely, and the last week will seem like an eternity. They apparently think a preview is in order, because Cirie lays down to nap while Fe plays solitaire in silence.

Meanwhile, Bowie and Matt disparage Felicia for playing too hard. They got where they are by not playing hard at all! Bowie always believed the best strategy was to sit back. Anything else is just ego.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Cirie and Felicia have decided to cut tonight’s episode short and just go to sleep. Can’t say as I blame them, what else is there to do? They didn’t get invites to the party upstairs, where the beer is flowing and the card games are just getting started. “Faith of a mustard seed!” Jag proclaims out of nowhere. Enjoy yourselves, Mafiaosos. I think I’ll sit this one out.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Meanwhile, Bowie and Matt disparage Felicia for playing too hard. They got where they are by not playing hard at all! Bowie always believed the best strategy was to sit back. Anything else is just ego.

Where’s a good eyeroll emoji when you need one?  🙄

Bowie is right about as sharp as a bowling ball.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
4 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

Big Brother should be like the Truman Show, 24 hour feeds for everyone. I hate how the episodes are edited. Just show the people how they really are.

They do have 24 hour feeds for everyone. They're available for free now on Pluto TV.

11 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Cirie "misted" her way to the final five as much as Felicia is "misting" her way to final four. Which is to say, not at all. They've been dragged here as non-threats that could be eliminated whenever Jag and Matt felt like it.

I think Cirie played an absolutely terrible strategic game. Her alliance had a stranglehold on the game and imploded in spectacular fashion due to a series of awful moves. Jag should be long gone. She's responsible for her poor position in the game.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
33 minutes ago, Cutty said:

She's responsible for her poor position in the game.  

Especially considering the ridiculous advantages she was handed to start.

I have no idea why BJ thinks playing for 3rd is so impressive. I really don't.

Felicia plays too hard? That's easy to say when you've been on the top for weeks. What's she supposed to do, lay down & let you steamroller over her? Oh right, you did that anyway. So what's the point of disparaging her?

Seems like the final weeks of BB always strips the veneer of amiability off of everyone left.

• Like 13
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like F5/4 is usually really boring with everyone mostly sleeping all day and little game talk. This season at least there's something happening.

Agreed.  At this point in the season, realistically speaking, there’s very few strategic moves still available.  The House population has thinned out so much, there’s nobody left to hide one’s moves behind - everything’s out in the open and in your opponent’s face.  If they counter your strategic maneuvers (ex. winning PoV), your alternatives are severely constrained.

So everybody’s left with not much else to do except reminisce about past HGs and strategic plays, and wait for the comps and votes to shake out - a week at a time.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Cutty said:

I think Cirie played an absolutely terrible strategic game. Her alliance had a stranglehold on the game and imploded in spectacular fashion due to a series of awful moves. Jag should be long gone. She's responsible for her poor position in the game.  

Cirie made it to final 5 despite everyone knowing she has a strong social game, and despite never winning HOH or Veto.  I think her strategic game was fine, she  influenced a lot of the the loud strategic players, so they were voted out instead of her.   No one left in the house has a great strategic game.  Her fatal flaw to me was not winning the DE HOH and voting out Jag.   If she had, she likely would have been able to ride with Matt to the end.    

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

In the early weeks, Cirie was playing Jared’s game, letting Izzy do most of the work, and making bad decision after bad decision. She hasn’t done shit since Jared left tbh. Jag took over and has been running the game for weeks. And Cirie is actually the reason Jag is even still here to run the game/win all the comps, which is actually kind of hilarious. And the fact that Bowie, someone Cirie discarded early on for literally no reason, has had a hand in this is also pretty fitting.

Even now, in spite of claiming in her dr last night that she has a trick up her sleeve or whatever, she’s literally not doing a single thing to stay. Felicia is out here fighting for her life lol.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Jag should be long gone. 

Yup the decision to not convince Matt not to use the power was baffling at the time. Generally she let her and her son being big mad at Cory ruin her game, she kept picking Matt over him if it were Cory and America here instead of MattnJag, she might still be targeted but they sucked enough at comps where she would have had a chance to protect herself and be in the cat bird seat still. But I think she never gave much of a shit about winning for herself and the length of the season ground her to dirt. I think had she truly be in it to win it she would have played differently over all and even at sub Cirie level played pretty damn good.

• Like 2

Her fatal flaw to me was not winning 

But her not being likely to win comps is a limitation she was aware of, given that, she should have told Matt while she had the influence over him to not use the fuckin power. It was fun a moment to watch for sure, precisely because it made no sense for her to do it, and Jag was so clueless at the time his threat level seemed lower, but nah get all the mens out when you can, no woman should have any other strategy unless the dude is Cory and even then boot him too if given the chance.

• Like 3

Her fatal flaw to me was not winning the DE HOH and voting out Jag.

I think DE would have played out the same even if Cirie had won HOH anyway. I already assumed she wouldn’t nom Matt and since she feels so betrayed by Matt nomming her she must not have planned on nomming him so she was gonna do Jag/Bowie. Matt still wins veto, takes down Jag, America goes up and out.

So, I guess, one of her many mistakes was believing in Matt but honestly he did a good job of making himself look like a good guy for awhile there and he is very dumb so I get it lol.

• Like 4

I think if Jared was not there, we would have ended in the same result. The young fit people would have taken out the older people, a couple of floaters would have stayed, and two strong guys would have dominated in competitions, until one of them chooses to stay true to his alliance and keep the other strong guy or betray his alliance, choose the floater and win.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:

two strong guys would have dominated in competitions, until one of them chooses to stay true to his alliance and keep the other strong guy or betray his alliance, choose the floater and win.

So, who is this season’s Woo* - Jag, or Matt?

* Cross-platform Survivor reference, I know - but it still applies.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Nashville said:

So, who is this season’s Woo* - Jag, or Matt?

* Cross-platform Survivor reference, I know - but it still applies.

I feel it’s more of a Cody/Derrick thing.  You let your BFF (that you met two months ago) take the reins and when you had your chance to get rid of him you didn’t but that’s ok he will win and you’ll be happy about it because that’s what friends are for (keep smiling…)

• Like 5
  • LOL 2