Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Neeners said:

"Anyone can wear the mask." I love that. Also, I've started the wine :D

Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse should be mentioned in the same breath as Black Panther and Crazy Rich Asians.  Having a Black/Latino Spider-Man is truly a high point for representation.  And a female.  And a young Asian girl.  Amazing movie and not just from the animation viewpoint.

• Love 11

Sort of behind so catching up on the monologue.  There was a few minor stumbles, but they handled it well.  Sandra's final moment would have been perfect if it wasn't for the one person who laughed at the first "I see you" and then realized they shouldn't have..

Spider-Man is still a movie I want to see.

• Love 4

I was rooting for Billy or Matthew, but Richard did give a nice speech.  And that gray streak is really working for him.

Don't think he was shown on the red carpet, but Billy was wearing this stunning cape over his suit.  It really should have been featured among all the blah and hot messes on the carpet.

Nostalgia is a helluva drug, because I'm loving this Walmart commercial.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

Sort of behind so catching up on the monologue.  There was a few minor stumbles, but they handled it well.  Sandra's final moment would have been perfect if it wasn't for the one person who laughed at the first "I see you" and then realized they shouldn't have..

Spider-Man is still a movie I want to see.

My favorite part of the monologue was when they made that dig at the movie Aloha for white washing and you heard Emma Stone yell from the audience, "I'M SORRY!!" 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I concur. I love Founders. My hometown is in West Michigan on Lake Michigan, though now I am on the other side of the lake.

I'm in Maryland and we have some great breweries here, but Founders does consistently great stouts - Breakfast, Kentucky and Canadian.  Glad the latter 2 are only annual because they're pretty pricey. 

On topic, happy for The Americans, but honestly, I don't watch as much TV as I should it seems.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Indigo Luna said:

the movie Aloha for white washing and you heard Emma Stone yell from the audience, "I'M SORRY!!" 

I heard someone yell but didn't know who.  That?  Is awesome.  

• Love 6

I feel badly for that lady because I didn’t really understand what her speech was about because she had to keep starting and stopping.  Hold your applause to the end people!

Her outfit was super pretty, at least.

Taraji holy hell, lay off the shiny bronzer a tad.

• Love 3

Really happy that Spider Man Into The Spider Verse won Best Animated Feature. I went in expecting to feel ho-hum about it, but man if I didn't enjoy it. Plus at no point did I find my mind wandering like it did in Incredibles 2 or Ralph Breaks The Internet.

I use to tune into the Globes for TV and Movie but really the state of TV has moved so far away from my preferences that I just don't care about the TV awards anymore. its why I've given up on the Emmys as well.

Although I am gonna pretend Ben Whishaw just won for Mary Poppins Returns ;) Although I do have the show he won for on the box to watch.

Just now, wallflower75 said:

I've never heard of "A Very English Scandal"???  Anyone seen it who could tell me if it's any good?

I haven't seen it but apparently Hugh Grant does the best work of his career.  I'll need to search for it in Canada. 

• Love 2
Just now, Superpole2000 said:

I don't like the dresses split open to the navel. I'm not sure why this is such a trend.

I noticed Keri Russell kept having to yank hers together and wondered why she didn’t have double-sided tape on it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

I've never heard of "A Very English Scandal"???  Anyone seen it who could tell me if it's any good?

I watched it and enjoyed it very much. Both Ben Whishaw and Hugh Grant are very good in it. And BW is just so darn cute!

• Love 3
Just now, Misslindsey said:

Hee! I always want Eric Ripert to do this. 

For me it was Alan Rickman :(

......now I'll take any combination of Ripert, Madden, and Morgan Freemon.

• Love 1

After Tropic Thunder, I actually think it is likely Ben Stiller is a better director than an actor.  and it's not like I think he's bad at that or anything.  But he tends to only play two type of characters: put-upon loser or over-the-top D-bag.

• Love 1
Just now, mtlchick said:

I fear for Gaga's dress...she's going to have a lot of people stepping on it while they walk past her to get to the front.

Danai had to pause and let Gaga go before she could go to the podium, because that stupid train was in the way.

What did Patricia say that was bleeped?

I love that Patricia Arquette won because it will really piss off the woman she portrayed because apparently, a movie “based on real life events” wasn’t 100% accurate and the prison guard Patricia portrayed was all mad.

Hey, lady, whether you boinked the prisoners or not, you helped their dangerous asses escape so your opinion is worthless.

• Love 12

"If you're an anti vaxxer, just put a napkin over your head and we'll skip you."  Dammit, had Jenny McCarthy been there, she would have been finally called out for it.  But hey, her ex Jim Carrey is close enough, right?  (Google it.) 

• Love 20