Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, ladle said:

Gina lost me when she started equating Jenn's infidelity to Matt's domestic violence felony. Like... what?

I think Gina was equating Jenn’s cheating with Matt’s cheating.

• Like 9
31 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I think Gina was equating Jenn’s cheating with Matt’s cheating.

She has been doing that in general, but there was one scene in this past episode -- and, to be fair, maybe it was weirdly edited -- where she said that Jenn's cheating "triggered" her because she's still in the process of helping Matt get his felony charges removed, he's not able to work, etc. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, ladle said:

She has been doing that in general, but there was one scene in this past episode -- and, to be fair, maybe it was weirdly edited -- where she said that Jenn's cheating "triggered" her because she's still in the process of helping Matt get his felony charges removed, he's not able to work, etc. 

Thanks @ladle.  I missed that.

• Like 3
On 6/30/2023 at 4:12 PM, Natalie68 said:

I was just going to post it seems like this season isn't getting much traction here!  In the past there were always new posts and it feels like this one isn't keeping up.  I do think the season has promise.  I can't believe I am saying this, but I almost wish they had brought back Vicki fulltime rather than Tamra.  I find Tamra and her family pretty gross and trashy.  It seems like they are worse than they used to be.  I really would like to see Emily without Gina.  And why is Gina on this show?  Bueller?  

Vicki will make an (at least one) appearance according to the season trailer. And although her and Brooks' cancer story was despicable, she brings up the crazy. 

• Like 4

Tamra doesn't seem to like Jenn, or at least, she doesn't seem to like that Jenn is holding back on the truth between her and Ryan and their relationship. Tamra seems to know the story and she gets mad when people pose.

Ryan looks like a frat boy with an old-man face. He backwards hat, gym-gear and constant sex jokes just scream 90's frat guy. I wonder if he went to Woodstock 99 and was part of all that. 

Shannon's saloon outfit was awesome, and I loved how everyone, including Shannon, just sat mouths open speechless as Heather put Taylor in her place.

• Like 6

I thought both Gina and Shannon were spot-on in their assessments of the Taylor/Heather altercation. Taylor was being 100% ridiculous, clearly has no idea how casting works, and was engaging in some Mean Girl bullshit with the IMDB lookup. But, Heather could have called her out on all of those things without getting as condescending as she did. 

I will say... I did enjoy how Heather was able to connect the fight to her storyline this season of having put her career on hold for her children and diving back into it now. Say what you will about Ms. Dubrow, but she understands the assignment.

On 6/28/2023 at 8:45 PM, Axie said:

There’s something about this show that makes me believe you should never name your son Ryan. It never ends well. 

Eh he can always just change it to Ryne. No biggie.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
(edited)

Thoughts:

— Emily, I have yet to meet a 9-year-old who is serious about anything. This is more for you than for Annabelle. Admit it; it’s OK. Just ask Lisa Rinna.

— Oh, cool. Another trip where they can pretend like they’re roughing it while wearing designer clothes. Nothing says “rustic” like Chanel boots. I do so love watching middle-aged women play dress-up.

— Gina, I ask again: Why is Jenn’s personal life any business of yours? This is getting annoying. MYOB. Same goes for all the other harpies. Unless this Ryan dude is Tamra’s Ryan, IDGAF.

— Max and Nicky needed a U-HAUL? And I thought station wagons packed to the gills were excessive… I do agree that when your kids move out, it is a life change that can hit hard.

— Taylor, meet Heather. Insufferable bitch. The thing is, she has next to no resume to show (at least nothing recent, anyway), she knows it, and therefore is acting like she doesn’t want the role because she knows she most likely won’t get it. That’s why she’s so defensive and dismissive.

— Gina missed the booze cruise because of COVID. Emily’s missing this trip. Coinkydinks, or just avoiding shitshows? I dunno. Seeing them with those prop guns…🫣 

— LOL. The flashbacks of Tamra’s greatest hits. 

— Heather gaslighting Taylor. 🙄 Where is Heather getting this shit? She is projecting all her insecurities onto Taylor, and it’s not a good look. And linguistics expert Heather didn’t know that “pedigree” also means “status”? That right there proved to me that she was only looking for a fight. Cool your jets, hun. This ain’t Shakespeare we’re talking about. I think Heather’s deeply afraid that her career may truly be over, because of her long hiatus rearing the kids. Still no reason to go full-on attack dog (with or without a pedigree).

All things considered, that was a pretty “meh” episode.

23 minutes ago, ladle said:

Gina has been annoying me lately but I did laugh out loud when she said, "...like you're Judi Fuckin' Dench?!" 

I’m impressed that Gina knows who Judy Dench is, TBH.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
On 6/29/2023 at 9:17 AM, Chatty Cake said:

I took a look at Heathers IMDB. I have to give her credit, she’s done more than I thought. I never watched That’s Life but it looked cute and she was the star for two seasons with several big names.

I think in that business, though, it’s pretty much “what have you done lately?” RHOC has been pretty much it for her for almost a decade. The last acting credit I saw was from 2017, in something I’ve never heard of. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/1/2023 at 5:10 PM, ladle said:

I will say... I did enjoy how Heather was able to connect the fight to her storyline this season of having put her career on hold for her children and diving back into it now. Say what you will about Ms. Dubrow, but she understands the assignment.

The problem is, Heather has already done that assignment. Several years ago she tried to get back into acting, and Terry's part was that he was not happy that Heather was not home 24/7. We have also had a guest part in one episode of Hot in Cleveland be Heather's storyline. Then there is the stuff she was shilling on a shopping channel, and even a year that she was going to open a restaurant with some partners. Not sure what happened there. In any case, most of Heather's seasons have had Heather do pretty much anything but put herself on hold to be a SAHM. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

— Heather gaslighting Taylor. 🙄 Where is Heather getting this shit? She is projecting all her insecurities onto Taylor, and it’s not a good look. And linguistics expert Heather didn’t know that “pedigree” also means “status”? That right there proved to me that she was only looking for a fight.

LOL, and in the previous episode, Heather said "breakfastes", not understanding the correct method to pluralize the word.

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Not a Heather fan but she was right to be annoyed by Taylor because Taylor was playing dumb and was insulting Heather. She was saying the audition thing as a dig. Like Taylor doesn’t have to audition but Heather does? Sure lol. Heather is a snob but she has done some actual acting. I have never liked Taylor either she is so annoying has made herself look like a freak.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Arguably, many of these ladies came to CA to be actors, and Heather is the only one that has been succesful at it. It's pretty much impossible to get a role in anything-- let alone a network show, so she definitely has some serious acting chops and success.

That said, all that was a long time ago. There are plenty of people with more impressive acting resumes that are doing normal jobs or out of the business and completely happy and fine with it. What's weird is how adamant and how much effort Heather is putting into being acknowledged for her past acting successes. She's a little stuck in the past (which I'm sure there are many actors that are reflecting and living in their past as well). I felt like Kim Richards was like that (stuck in the past), and also Kyle-- always bringing up that she was in Halloween (even though she was like 5 years old). 

Oh well. It's tough out there in the entertainment world. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

…and also Kyle-- always bringing up that she was in Halloween (even though she was like 5 years old). 

Kyle talked about Halloween because she was in the final two movies in the franchise (2022 & 2022) along with Jamie Lee Curtis.  

Heather said she’s always thought of herself as an actor.  She clearly loves the attention, why else would she be on this show?

• Like 5

It would’ve been interesting to see how Taylor would’ve reacted if Heather played it nonchalant and just said “sure, I’ll send them a tape, no problem.”  Because although I think Heather went overboard, I do think Taylor was trying to shade her while also trying to seem “who, Me?” About it.  She makes those digs under her breath like on the boat-she was pumping Tamra up while Shannon was explaining herself.  She’s done it before but I can’t remember specific examples right now. But I’d like to see how she’d have kept trying to rile Heather up while acting innocent. Unfortunately, Heather’s ego made it too easy for her. 

• Like 6

Taylor and Heather are having a bit of a "do you know who I am" moments. Taylor is wanting Heather to know she has the in with a director or producer and can get people roles. Heather wants Taylor to know that she is professional actor and she knows that securing acting roles isn't as straightforward as a referral.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Kyle talked about Halloween because she was in the final two movies in the franchise (2022 & 2022) along with Jamie Lee Curtis.  

Heather said she’s always thought of herself as an actor.  She clearly loves the attention, why else would she be on this show?

Kyle Richards was talking about the original Halloween (1978) since she joined the Beverly Hills HWs in 2010 when there were not any later Halloween movies she was in, and she didn't have a career for a long time. The Beverly Hills HWs helped her get some roles recently.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 6/30/2023 at 12:41 AM, dmeets said:

I think as in IMDB. Not sure why they felt the need to shorten it that way: "You can't IMDB Serious" would have sounded slightly more clever (if a bit clunky)

Seriously, who is writing the episode titles this season?! First "We Cut It Close(d)" (which I know was a reference to Tamra's confusing sign, but still) and now this nonsense of a title?? Were they forced to have a chimp do it due to the writers' strike? Or perhaps chatGPT?

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, Pi237 said:

It would’ve been interesting to see how Taylor would’ve reacted if Heather played it nonchalant and just said “sure, I’ll send them a tape, no problem.”  Because although I think Heather went overboard, I do think Taylor was trying to shade her while also trying to seem “who, Me?” About it.  She makes those digs under her breath like on the boat-she was pumping Tamra up while Shannon was explaining herself.  She’s done it before but I can’t remember specific examples right now. But I’d like to see how she’d have kept trying to rile Heather up while acting innocent. Unfortunately, Heather’s ego made it too easy for her. 

Taylor made it appear initially like she was doing Heather a favor by offering her a part in a movie because she knew the director, but she then claimed the director asked for an audition tape after Heather didn't seem too interested. So, yes, it was shady behavior.

• Like 8

Am I the only one, due to Heather’s constant referrals to the shows, thought that Heather was a permanent cast member of both Hot In Cleveland and Malibu Country? Color me surprised when I learned at IMDB that she appeared in just one episode of each. 98% of her resume is one offs in lesser known series. Hey, no shade, she gave it a go, but was not and was never gonna be Dame Judi f-ing Dench (trademark Gina). She would have you think that a good portion of the wealth in which she lives is due to her lucrative acting jobs and residuals. Nah, her acting career would have funded a shared apartment. 
Her appearance (as herself) on Housewives is the most extended entry on her IMDB and has most likely rendered her future acting opportunities as one off novelty gigs. 
3-4 episodes in Taylor has already earned her paycheck by exposing the lack of depth in Heather’s career while conversely adding fuel to Heather’s “I coulda been a contender” storyline. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Heather didn't start acting professionally until her 30's I believe. I think a revival is out of the question at this point. No shade either, but she's much older and she has a plastic surgery look now. Plus, she always played Italians because it was the 90s and Sopranos was hot, and so was Italian focused shows. (Heather is not one bit Italian). Now it will be even more difficult to find a role for an aging Jewish woman who looks like she has had a lot of plastic surgery. 

In "That's Life" she had the same personality as now. Always acting like something is stupid or wrong, or ridiculous. Of course, "That's Life" sort of sets up a series of mishaps that the character has to deal with, and dumb people. But Heather still acts like everyone is an idiot. 

This is totally my problem, but it bugs the shit out of me when they use Jewish people to play Italians, or Italian people to play Hispanic people-- I get racist vibes, but I can't put a finger to it. 

4 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Am I the only one, due to Heather’s constant referrals to the shows, thought that Heather was a permanent cast member of both Hot In Cleveland and Malibu Country?

In Heather's mind, she "could have" been a permanent cast member (but raising her kids), so that's the same, to her, as being a permanent cast member. She's a bit shady and extremely delusional. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Heathers acting jobs aren’t big time roles but Taylor’s are even more of a joke. Taylor actually thinks she’s getting some career going with the acting. She had some post of a screenshot saying she’s building up her IMDb credits. She’s a plastic freak she’s only ever going to get weird lifetime shit roles lol.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2

Taylor gossiped with Tamra about Heather because she wanted screen time with the returning Tamra.  Heather jumped on Taylor to augment her storyline.  Ho hum.  Gina being triggered by Jenn’s affair?  Uh huh.  At least Jenn has been mostly up front about it unlike when lvp sounded out Eileen about her affair and she accused lvp of harming her kids by bringing it up.  I guess Jenn’s kids aren’t as sensitive.  Recycled storyline.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
22 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

She talked about it long before the sequels happened.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Marley said:

Heathers acting jobs aren’t big time roles but Taylor’s are even more of a joke

They weren’t but she was on a number of network shows, which is an accomplishment as network TV was basically the only vehicle on TV.

Not a Heather fan, but credit where credit is due. People criticize athletes who make it to the NFL but never play a pro game. The were still part of the team and they were the elite of the elite to even get that far.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

She [Kyle] talked about it long before the sequels happened.

Okay.   I’ve never missed an episode but I guess I didn’t noticed this 🤷‍♀️

I do remember her mentioning her friendship with Jamie Lee Curtis though and of course even invited her last(?) season. It 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
55 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

They weren’t but she was on a number of network shows, which is an accomplishment as network TV was basically the only vehicle on TV.

Not a Heather fan, but credit where credit is due. People criticize athletes who make it to the NFL but never play a pro game. The were still part of the team and they were the elite of the elite to even get that far.

I agree. I don’t really think Heather thinks she’s Judi Dench either but she is def above stupid Taylor Armstrong when it comes to acting roles. Not saying that makes anybody better than anybody else I just think Taylor is an idiot trying to make this a thing and her storyline. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 7/2/2023 at 3:02 PM, bravofan27 said:

Heather didn't start acting professionally until her 30's I believe. 

Heather got married in 1999 when she was 30. Her career started immediately after college with musical theater. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Heather got married in 1999 when she was 30. Her career started immediately after college with musical theater. 

When I say "professional" I mean "industry" work. According to this her first TV role was in 1994, but her IMDB says 1991. Regardless, her first big professional gig was in her 30s. This story lays out a bit of her trajectory.

Old Story

• Like 3
On 6/28/2023 at 5:45 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Because unlike Shannon they dont have boney vaginas LOL 

When Shannon came out with that line, I laughed so hard. I just can't imagine anything on Shannon being "boney."

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
On 7/2/2023 at 8:11 PM, Stats Queen said:

OMG - I LOVE this analogy.  My son "plays" college football rarely gets field time, BUT only 5% of high school footballers get the opportunity to be rostered on a college team.  Sorry for the hijack, but this hit home xo

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
On 6/28/2023 at 5:21 PM, FlyingEgret said:

For half a second I was impressed that the Dubrows were taking Nicky to college in a U-Haul; then they flashed the footage from the Private Jet.....

Is Heather's son enrolled at the LMU campus in Westchester (near LAX)? If he is, I mean, I guess they could have flown their private jet from John Wayne to LAX instead of U-Hauling it up the 405, LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
On 7/3/2023 at 8:00 PM, bravofan27 said:

When I say "professional" I mean "industry" work. According to this her first TV role was in 1994, but her IMDB says 1991. Regardless, her first big professional gig was in her 30s. This story lays out a bit of her trajectory.

Old Story

She was 22 in 1991, and she appeared on an episode of a tv show (Baby Talk), and then on more tv shows. So, her career started immediately after college, and not in her 30s. You don't need to have the main role on a tv series to have a professional career.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 6/29/2023 at 10:59 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I looked up the distance between Orange County and LA. It said 35 miles or 56 minutes. Not that far and certainly commutable for many people. My sister commuted 3 hours a day at her last job. I wouldn't do it though. 

The distance depends on where in OC to where in LA.  But more importantly, Southlanders measure by time more than distance.  When someone asks how far something is, the answer is usually X # of minutes/hours rather than X # of miles.  I lived in Torrance, CA (the South Bay) to the south and west of downtown LA and it was around 35 miles to Irvine, CA.  However, it could take well over an hour in the morning and more in the afternoon.  And that's with good traffic flow about half-way through once I got to the LA/OC border.  Going from Newport Coast to the Westside/Century City/Beverly Hills (I don't think Heather or Terry ore going to Downtown) could take two and a half to three hours easily if traffic is bad.  The 405 freeway is one of the most congested freeways in the country.  It's not a surprise that Kobe Bryant would take a helicopter from Newport Coast to Staples Center for games (downtown) or El Segundo for Lakers' practices.

Edited by la patineuse
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Heather may not have handled it as well as she could have but Taylor is a snake and was being super shady. I agree with Heather that everything out if Taylor’s mouth had a super rude tone. I’d be pretty on guard too.

• Like 5