Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: She Loves Me Not

• Start Topic

Capt. Glenn is proud of the crew for knocking out a pride charter, but has to deliver bad news; after Gary learns about Mads' three-way kiss, he starts flirting more with Daisy, leading Colin to voice his concerns; Colin throws a gossip grenade.

Airdate: 06.26.2023

Episodes 14 and 15 are airing back to back on original airing; please be sure to comment in correct topic.

So Gary has met his match. 1000 thank yous to Mads for throwing that shade. How does it feel to be treated like a piece of meat, the way you treat women? And to further prove what a POS he is he’s now going to try to drive a wedge between his “ Best mate“ Colin and Daisy. he really is a major dick.

• Like 11
  • Applause 7
(edited)

Like a viewer who’s really tired of the “Daisy Brags About Boinking Colin and Gary Show”, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast…

More sailing!  Yay!  Now if we could only dispense with the crap drama in between actual sailing.

Colin, to Daisy, about Gary:  “But he’s an idiot.”  Yes, Colin.  Yes, he is.  But he’s not the only one.

Oh, Good Lord, Captain Glenn knows when the guests request an ABC party it means “Anything But Clothes”?  Really?  Can we just end the season here?  The tomcatting among the crew has been bad enough but now this to “look forward” to?  No thanks.

Sorry, Captain Glenn, but I’m going to have to call you out on this one – it was a school night, and everyone knew there was a charter the very next day (you told them after all), yet the crew carried out drunken revelry into the night – right there where you were!  This was all on the boat you were on as well!  If you’re going to complain the boat was a mess in the morning, where were you to put a stop to things going on the night before?  Nope, you must take some blame on this one.

What will happen next week?  Will there be a period of misunderstanding amongst the crew?  Does this mark a period near the end of Parsifal III?  Will Gary end his affair with Mads, period?  Stay tuned… period.

Edited by Tanukisan
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

Gary's face, when Colin caught the end of Gary flirting with Daisy yet again, said all I need to know about him.  You aren't cute, Gary.  You're a gross man child, who I really hope uses protection or else you are probably diseased too.

• Like 9
  • Applause 7

Not to defend him but maybe he's not doing it consciously, trying to sabotage Daisy and Colin.

He just grabs at Daisy as she walks by and she's not exactly telling him to buzz off, setting boundaries.  She likes the attention to a certain extent.  He says he wants a relationship with Daisy in the talking head but the things they say in them aren't reliable.

So Daisy had him promise not to reveal that they'd had sex and Mads is openly joking that she likes other men in front of him.  Gary probably doesn't mind as long as he gets sex but when he's sober, maybe he's starting to get some hurt feelings that women are loathe to admit that they have been involved with him at all.

So both Daisy and Mads profess to like other guys but when Gary wants sex or some physical affection, they're not turning him down.

Mads says good night to Alex as she walks into Gary's cabin for late night sex.  Um a lot of guys wouldn't wait around, saying things like Mads deserves better.  Maybe they had him film those dumb talking head segments and encouraged him to pretend to still want Mads, as she walks away to the arms of another man.  Kind of makes Alex look like a dupe.

Then you have Chase, trying his weak sauce with Ileisha, who's being too lenient as well.  Chase thinks as long as she's not telling him to get lost, he has a chance.  Another cringey situation.

Gary has to be pretending outrage that Mads didn't tell him she's having her period before he went down?  He probably doesn't care, in fact if she said she doesn't want to have sex because she's having her period, he'd be nagging her for it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I wonder if Bravo is burning off these episodes two at a time because they know what a shit season it is. It's so laser focused on Gary, Daisy and Colin that everything else just feels like an afterthought Clearly the show is obsessed with Gary, which means they think we are. It's all Gary this and Gary that and if it's not Gary it's people talking about Gary.

Here's a random shot of Gary reaching down into his pants. Here's a shot of Gary getting into his dinner costume. Meanwhile I see a brief glimpse of Chase in the background wearing some weird frog thing on his head and they don't even show us that. Also, did anyone else notice we saw no lunch being served either day on this charter, or even previous ones? No time for lunch! More Gary! Gary Gary Gary! It's the Gary show!

Less Gary, please. More Chase. Chase wasn't lying when he bragged about the size of his manhood, once we saw him in those Speedos. Woof. (Still. Really tacky to brag about that at dinner.)

I'm just so over the Gary show. I'm over Mads too. All she does is complain about Gary then hops right back into bed with him. And I don't even want to think about where they're going with this whole period thing. Talk about sinking to a new low.

Bright side? Those rainbow cocktails were very pretty. And we have a throuple to look forward to? Well, we probably won't see much of them because . . . Gary.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Also, normally I'd roll my eyes at the casting of these guests, the outlandish gay guests, who seem stereotypical.

But it was for Pride month and right now, you have stores being boycotted for selling Pride gear.

This season was filmed months ago so they probably didn't know about the controversies of the moment, with the culture wars and drag performers being accused of being groomers of children.

So it would have been cool if they had guests in drag.  One of these guests had these big platform shoes but he couldn't wear them on deck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
24 minutes ago, aghst said:

This season was filmed months ago so they probably didn't know about the controversies of the moment, with the culture wars and drag performers being accused of being groomers of children.

That's been a thing for years especially with the religious zealots (not all) who actually do the grooming, deflection at its best. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5

from the last episode's discussion of the drawers and cabinets. These are exactly like the knobs on the ship I was on. The ones on the tall cabinet on the right are pushed in; the ones on the low drawers are not. Since we're going side to side, the ones on the left are opening.

IMG-2098.jpg

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

I hate this episode for making me feel my actual age, I'm in no way a prude and I watch a lot of trashy reality TV that most people in my age group would question.  All that said, I actually clutched my pearls twice last night.  The first was when Mads happily told everyone that she like's it up the butt.  The second was when we were forced to endure a detailed conversation on how Gary went down on Mads while she was on her period. Like Lucy, my jaw dropped and I wanted to run away.

Listen, I'm as bawdy as a sailor in the right company. But knowing you're being filmed and that your parents/friends/teachers/mentors/etc. are likely going to see it would make me a bit more reticent. Good lord, that was way too much information on both accounts. Likely because I remember the days where you couldn't even say ass on TV.  See, now I feel old.

Love that Glenn knew what an ABC party was, and adored the guests.  They were so happy about everything and all they wanted to do was eat, drink and laugh.  The primary was definitely a return guest but I'm thinking he was previously on another franchise since Glenn didn't seem to remember him.  Med maybe?

• Like 18
  • Applause 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, snarts said:

I hate this episode for making me feel my actual age, I'm in no way a prude and I watch a lot of trashy reality TV that most people in my age group would question.  All that said, I actually clutched my pearls twice last night.  The first was when Mads happily told everyone that she like's it up the butt.  The second was when we were forced to endure a detailed conversation on how Gary went down on Mads while she was on her period. Like Lucy, my jaw dropped and I wanted to run away.

Listen, I'm as bawdy as a sailor in the right company. But knowing you're being filmed and that your parents/friends/teachers/mentors/etc. are likely going to see it would make me a bit more reticent. Good lord, that was way too much information on both accounts. Likely because I remember the days where you couldn't even say ass on TV.  See, now I feel old.

Love that Glenn knew what an ABC party was, and adored the guests.  They were so happy about everything and all they wanted to do was eat, drink and laugh.  The primary was definitely a return guest but I'm thinking he was previously on another franchise since Glenn didn't seem to remember him.  Med maybe?

I agree, 1000%!!!!  Much like you, I can be bawdy and sometimes even bordering on crude, but all of that was too much.  Plus, seeing Gary come out of his cabin naked (blurred, but still naked) was something I didn't need to see, either.

Regarding the comment about Mads having her period - I think that Mads made that snarky reply to Alex when he asked her why she looked bloated at dinner on the ship.  After she made the comment about having her period, she backtracked and said that she wasn't, so who knows.  If she was, that is really GROSS and wouldn't Gary have noticed something??  

Gary is just so disgusting in so many ways, yet he thinks he's Don Juan and Adonis all rolled into one.  I don't know what women see in him.  He is a consummate flirt and seems to know just how to make a woman feel "special" - only issue is, he does that with every single woman on the ship, all the time, so really, none of this women are special.  To him, they are just another notch on his bedpost.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 8
  • Love 3

More of a lurker, so please excuse me if I possibly interrupting a conversation about something else that happened later in the show. But, I am watching the episode and I am curious who you think would be the chefs (in ALL of the shows) that COULD or COULD NOT put together a 10-course dinner? 

I would pay to watch Leon or Mia, or that (Philly) snot from Down Under attempt it 🤪, but wound enjoy watching Marcus or Rachel or Ben. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I'm a pretty competent home cook, and I am amazed at what Ilesia has managed to do in a tiny galley with very little advance warning. Her food looks amazing and by all accounts is well received. That mosaic sushi is not something you just "figure out on the fly."

• Like 11
  • Love 6

One of the best things about the episode was how everyone stayed up and on service to help her and how she was so thrilled at being able to pull it off.  There's no room to prepare anything in advance in a kitchen that size.

I don't think it helps with the sexually explicit stuff that they are running two episodes back to back.  It's TMI on top of TMI.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Heymeejeel said:

or that (Philly) snot from Down Under

If I'm thinking you mean that arrogant dick from BDDU, his 10 courses would be:  pizza, hot dogs, burgers, lasagna, spaghetti, cheese steak, mac & cheese, calzone, fries, crap ice cream  (:

Edited by Tanukisan
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, snarts said:

He was on OG Below Deck and his crazy preference sheet was the reason Rachel walked off the boat. And he was just as lovely on that one and won everyone over with his enthusiasm and joy.

Gary is vile. If you can't tell that a woman has her period while you're going down on her then that's on you. You don't get to humiliate her like that just because you're a moron.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I thought the guests were a lot of fun and the crew did a great job with their requests and the Pride celebration.  I loved seeing the 10 course meal Ileisha prepared and the rainbow themed food the next day.  The guests were generous, too!  That was a super charter!

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/27/2023 at 8:59 AM, Tanukisan said:

This was all on the boat you were on as well!  If you’re going to complain the boat was a mess in the morning, where were you to put a stop to things going on the night before?   

I firmly believe that BD captains sleep in a hotel when the crews are having their "parties". Why to stay behind and awake from all the shenanigans?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, meep.meep said:

One of the best things about the episode was how everyone stayed up and on service to help her and how she was so thrilled at being able to pull it off.  There's no room to prepare anything in advance in a kitchen that size.

Interesting they didn't have a time stamp on the 10-course dinner this time. The last two times we saw multi-course dinners they had a clock on the screen to show us how long it was taking between courses. No such thing this time. For all we know it was taking just as long as before, but either the guests didn't mind or the show didn't want to make a thing out of it because they were too busy focusing on The Gary Show.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Zaffy said:

I firmly believe that BD captains sleep in a hotel when the crews are having their "parties". Why to stay behind and awake from all the shenanigans?

I do remember an episode from BD a while back -- the crew were on board after drunken revelry in town, continuing to drink and having a go at each other and yelling and slamming doors on the boat.  Captain Lee emerged from his cabin, shutting them down with a harsh glare, and telling them to knock off the noise.  But then, that's the only time I saw such a reaction on any other episode on any other boat.  🙂

• Like 5
(edited)
On 6/27/2023 at 4:15 PM, Heymeejeel said:

I would pay to watch Leon or Mia, or that (Philly) snot from Down Under attempt it 🤪, but wound enjoy watching Marcus or Rachel or Ben.

Ben would do it, but he'd be cussing and throwing fits the entire time!  I still like Ben, though.

On 6/27/2023 at 5:34 PM, Tanukisan said:

or that (Philly) snot from Down Under

If I'm thinking you mean that arrogant dick from BDDU, his 10 courses would be:  pizza, hot dogs, burgers, lasagna, spaghetti, cheese steak, mac & cheese, calzone, fries, crap ice cream

Yeah, sad sack Ryan (with the punchable face) was one of the worst BD chefs, along with Lazy Leon.

images.jpg

Edited by Oosala
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

I do remember an episode from BD a while back -- the crew were on board after drunken revelry in town, continuing to drink and having a go at each other and yelling and slamming doors on the boat.  Captain Lee emerged from his cabin, shutting them down with a harsh glare, and telling them to knock off the noise.  But then, that's the only time I saw such a reaction on any other episode on any other boat.  🙂

Exactly!! And how many times there was Armageddon happening on the boat while we could only hear   Captain Sandy's "snoring" behind a close door? 
I think after a while the captains were just going to sleep elsewhere. After all, they are the ones that need to sleep ok more than anyone else in the boats.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
48 minutes ago, Oosala said:

along with Lazy Leon.

He could offer braised beef cheeks, roasted beef cheeks, stewed beef cheeks, grilled beef cheeks, barbecued beef cheeks, stir-fried beef cheeks, smoked beef cheeks  . . . 

• LOL 14
23 hours ago, FancyRhubarb said:

Gary is vile. If you can't tell that a woman has her period while you're going down on her then that's on you. You don't get to humiliate her like that just because you're a moron.

Gary is vile, getting all butt-hurt that Mads may have been on her period. Grow the fuck up, dude. If you couldn't tell, it didn't matter. And if you could tell, it also might not have mattered if you were emotionally older than 12.

• Like 9
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Interesting they didn't have a time stamp on the 10-course dinner this time. The last two times we saw multi-course dinners they had a clock on the screen to show us how long it was taking between courses. No such thing this time. For all we know it was taking just as long as before, but either the guests didn't mind or the show didn't want to make a thing out of it because they were too busy focusing on The Gary Show.

I saw a few time stamps, such as "11:50 p.m."  I don't think this group minded, because they were foodies and I think they get a lot of pleasure from tasting the different courses.  They didn't have any specific plans for after the 10 courses, so I think eating, chatting and enjoying the ambience was their entertainment that first night.  Then, the second night, they had the pride celebration.  I have to applaud Gary and Chase for the entertainment.  It would be nice if Chase were invited back for another season.  He's a hard worker and willing to play along with whatever happens.

• Like 12
12 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I saw a few time stamps, such as "11:50 p.m."  I don't think this group minded, because they were foodies and I think they get a lot of pleasure from tasting the different courses.

Yes but in previous multi-course meals the show made a point of telling us how long guests were waiting between courses. I agree these guests probably didn't mind, but was the service much improved since the last time they tried this? Or was it pretty much the same? I think when "guests" "request" 10-course meals they should be told up front they will be sitting there for hours.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yes but in previous multi-course meals the show made a point of telling us how long guests were waiting between courses. I agree these guests probably didn't mind, but was the service much improved since the last time they tried this? Or was it pretty much the same? I think when "guests" "request" 10-course meals they should be told up front they will be sitting there for hours.

Not sure guests are asking.  It’s more of a way to show the chef and the crew being tasked with a big mission and how they handle it.

It’s more likely the producers’ idea.

In restaurants which offer multi course tasting menus, the customer can take it or leave it.  They don’t get to ask for 6 or 7 courses instead of 8 or 9.  Well they can but they’re paying for 8 or 9 courses.

If I’m hungry, I just want bigger portions than those tiny plates of food coming out over hours.

Also some people may not want certain types of foods so with that many courses they may be faced with stuff that they don’t want.

One of the other BD shoes had some wine tasting or pairing that supposedly the guests listed on the preference sheet.  Well the guests were game for the first couple of courses of wine and food but they got tired of it by the time they brought out the last few courses.

The crew is suppose to be constantly challenged with delivering unique experiences so they are always in the pref sheets.  But they’re often repeated across ll the BD shows so you can tell they’re going by a formula.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Considering some of the preference sheet notes I thought the primary was very easy going and realizes that he can be a pain in the ass which was shown by the size of the tip. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
23 hours ago, aghst said:

Not sure guests are asking.  It’s more of a way to show the chef and the crew being tasked with a big mission and how they handle it.

It’s more likely the producers’ idea.

Yes. Hence my quotation marks around "guests" and "request." 🙃

• Like 1

Wow, this show has sunk to a new low, with discussion of Mads’s period and Gary’s subsequent disgust at performing oral sex on her.  Just. Wow.

While Gary’s appeal to women continues to confound, what is the appeal of Mads for that matter?  She’s whiny and vulgar, and except for her weekly testimonial of pride for her no-strings-attached sluttiness, comes across like a moronic middle schooler. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, TV Glotzer said:

While Gary’s appeal to women continues to confound, what is the appeal of Mads for that matter?

I'm totally confused about how Gary attracts women. Even if someone hadn't seen his behavior on this show neither his personality nor appearance are appealing. I dunno, maybe he wears people down with his persistence.

Mads, on the other hand, is nice-looking and people are willing to have an extended conversation with her without having to be physically backed into a corner. I respect her for being sex-positive and open about it. She has as much right to want casual sex as any man and she's better at getting it than 50% of her male co-workers.

• Like 10

Imma willing to bet Mads was having her pre period bloat and awaiting Auntie Flo when Gary visited her Downtown (cue Petula Clark) District.

Agreed. That snippet is newest lowest of low for the show but not for Gary.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Shrek said:

Has the season finished or is it just missing this week because of July 4th being tomorrow & the world has to stop ?

Just a break today.  Double header to finish the season next week.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
On 6/27/2023 at 8:17 AM, aghst said:

He just grabs at Daisy as she walks by and she's not exactly telling him to buzz off, setting boundaries.  She likes the attention to a certain extent.  He says he wants a relationship with Daisy in the talking head but the things they say in them aren't reliable.

Mads says good night to Alex as she walks into Gary's cabin for late night sex.  

Then you have Chase, trying his weak sauce with Ileisha, who's being too lenient as well.  Chase thinks as long as she's not telling him to get lost, he has a chance.  Another cringey situation.

Gary has to be pretending outrage that Mads didn't tell him she's having her period before he went down?  He probably doesn't care, in fact if she said she doesn't want to have sex because she's having her period, he'd be nagging her for it.

I understand why Daisy didn't want anyone to know she & Gary eventually had sex. They've always been grabby/flirty, but now that people are aware they've had sex, everyone reads into their interactions differently.

I think Daisy truly does like Colin but she wants to continue the banter with Gary that they've always had. But she also knows he's not the guy for her just as she knows it's embarrassing to even tell anyone she slept with him.

I am more in love with Colin because it's clear he does not cheat and he's honest and straightforward. My kind of man. I can't even say I have a cougar crush on him, I think I'm more like a badger lol

As for Gary pretending outrage with Mads, I can think of numerous times where I have told a persistent partner I don't want to have sex and if they don't leave me alone I give further nonsense reasons like I have a disease, I have AIDs, I'm on my period, ANYTHING to get them to leave me alone. But when a man is very drunk and in the mood they do not care.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 7/2/2023 at 8:21 AM, TV Glotzer said:

While Gary’s appeal to women continues to confound, what is the appeal of Mads for that matter?  She’s whiny and vulgar, and except for her weekly testimonial of pride for her no-strings-attached sluttiness, comes across like a moronic middle schooler. 

I like Maddy because she's been upfront and honest this entire time.  She doesn't want a steady, deep emotional relationship. She has sexual needs that she has no problem meeting, and she doesn't pretend that she wants anything further from the man, other than sex. I have to admire that, just as we admire men who are vocal and honest/ upfront about not wanting a relationship, as well.Only difference is men don't get called slutty, they are "players".

Women are drawn to Gary for sex because he bombards them with compliments and praise, while noting great parts of their personality, as well. He knows what women want to hear. He also sounds sincere when he pretends to be vulnerable around them, confessing that they bring out something in him that's never been out before. It's a good persona for getting laid. So yes they want him for sex but never for a relationship.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 6/27/2023 at 10:07 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I thought the guests were a lot of fun and the crew did a great job with their requests and the Pride celebration.  I loved seeing the 10 course meal Ileisha prepared and the rainbow themed food the next day.  The guests were generous, too!  That was a super charter!

I am so impressed with Ileisha. She has amazing skills, and she doesn't complain like many of men chefs who seem to enjoy taking out their stress on others. I enjoy watching her give herself pep talks, and Chase has been really good for her. She is my fave chef, then Marcos, Adrian, and Rachel. 

Adrian could do it.

• Like 3
On 6/27/2023 at 8:17 AM, aghst said:

So both Daisy and Mads profess to like other guys but when Gary wants sex or some physical affection, they're not turning him down.

Mads says good night to Alex as she walks into Gary's cabin for late night sex.  Um a lot of guys wouldn't wait around, saying things like Mads deserves better.  Maybe they had him film those dumb talking head segments and encouraged him to pretend to still want Mads, as she walks away to the arms of another man.  Kind of makes Alex look like a dupe.

I know exactly why women keep on returning again and again for sex with Gary. It’s because he’s good at it. IOW, you’re guaranteed to get the Big O with him, at least once during every encounter. I’m an old lady, but I know most women wouldn’t say no to that. I’m ready for your “Yes, but he’s so gross” responses but I’m not having it. Mads is the perfect example and more or less proves my point. She enjoys casual sex and she expects results, and she gets results every time with Gary. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Cabarb said:

Why does Gary remind me so much of Syngin Colechester from 90 Day Fiancé?)

It's the long greasy looking hair & always being drunk look. Although Gary seems to know how to do a good job when it's called for & nobody has ever accused Syngin of that.

Edited by Shrek
  • LOL 2