Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Hurricane Bonnie

• Start Topic

Capt. Glenn reprimands the crew as recent slip-ups are directly affecting communication and morale; Daisy breaks down when she's proven wrong about the walkies not working; chef Ileisha is determined to prove she can complete a 10-course dinner.

Airdate: 06.26.2023

Episodes 14 and 15 are airing back to back on original airing; please be sure to comment in correct topic.

(edited)

It was terrible that none of the stews jumped to the aid of the guest who walked into the glass.  As other deck crew said, Daisy should own up to her failure.  

Gary is an ass.  He doesn’t care who he hurts to feed his ego, male or female.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
(edited)

Like a guest who cut his head and no one responded (yeah, we’re all in that boat), these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast…

Daisy claims the radios can’t be heard in the laundry or guest areas… except the production camera people can, because we hear them.  I claim shenanigans.  Nothing like not owning your mistakes.  But then, that could be a theme for this entire season.  To add insult to injury, apparently the radios can be heard all over the boat, as is demonstrated!

Poor Chase – whoever he wants doesn’t want him back.  Hang in there mate – someday… someday.

Bonnie certainly is every inch related to Daisy – if they both worked on the same boat – now that would indeed be a show!

And through it all, Captain Glenn enjoys his ice cream, apart from all the drama.

Yet in the end, we’re all back at the jacuzzi, Gary after Mads, Daisy leading on both Colin and Gary, Colin feeling petulant, etc.  So over all that drama.

At the preference sheet meeting, you can title the scene: producers make all of their absurd scripting public so there’s no doubt anything you see with the next guests isn’t genuine.

While Gary carries on with… whatever Gary is doing… Chase and Alex seem to be doing perfectly fine without him.

Captain Glenn radios down below there’s going to be sailing and a lot of heeling… you know what that means!  Lots of footage of drawers opening, doors closing, and things scuttling along the floor!  And it’s a real race with another boat!  Almost makes up for the rest of the hour.  Almost.

Once again, Ileisha pulls off a brilliant dinner (10 course no less) to rave reviews.  Only one charter left in the season and she hasn’t had a misstep yet.  Well done, Ileisha!

What will happen next week?  Will Chase get anywhere with Ileisha? Will Alex get anywhere with Mads?  Will Colin get over Daisy’s history with Gary?  Will Gary get over himself?  Stay tuned, if you can stand the testosterone…

Edited by Tanukisan
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4

I've got to give Ileisha her props.  She's been killing it this season.  I was hoping the 10 course dinner wouldn't be her downfall, but they seem to  be loving it.  I missed complimenting her on the sushi she made last week-- was it "mosaic?"  It was gorgeous!

I actually yelled at the tv tonight when Gary was making the moves on Daisy.  He is just a shit friend. Colin is right when he says he doesn't think he can trust him.  Then, two minutes later, he is all over Mads.  What a creep.  

• Like 10
  • Love 4

When the guest walked into the door, the stews were down below in the Galley or other crew area. I remember seeing Daisy turning her volume, probably down. That's why they didn't hear the call. They were all too busy yakking together.

• Like 8

Daisy told Captain Glen the talkies didn't work in the cabins or laundry room but she was in the galley when the guest needed aid.  This, coupled with her saying "I'm over it" is why I dislike Daisy this season.   Very disappointed.   

In previous seasons, I admit I found Gary charming.   This season I am not.   

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2

They still got like $20k tip from the guests they ignored.

And more producer shenanigans, the multi course dinner.

Again.

At least the chef didn't have to prepare some BS beach picnic, probably got to spend a lot of time preparing for dinner.

Daisy busted but come on, nobody believes this is real work, just do enough to get through the charters, occasionally have the captain dress them down for obvious mistakes.

At least most of the crew gets along, you don't have the mean girl cliques of that witch from BD where she would gang up against one junior stew all the time.  So yeah they were chatting it up when they thought it was downtime and normally it is, when docking, unless they're called on deck to help put up fenders or something.

How did they know a guest would walk into a glass door head first?  Yes they're suppose to be always ready to be at their service but again, this is not a real job.

• Love 1

This primary looks familiar. Have we seen him before on one of the other BD shows, or maybe even this one?

See? Even Daisy's sister thinks she's a dick. I'm so tired of her saying "I'm over it" every time she's called out. Because then she either turns around and does the same thing again or makes a point of telling us she's on a mission to do better. "I'm over it" has lost all meaning.

I've noticed a recent trend of people saying and writing "Chef's kiss" while making the gesture. It's happening all the time recently, why is that? I'm over it. 😡

10 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Captain Glenn radios down below there’s going to be sailing and a lot of heeling… you know what that means!  Lots of footage of drawers opening, doors closing, and things scuttling along the floor! 

I honestly don't get this. Why are cabinets and drawers constantly flying open? They know this is a sailing boat, they know it's going to heel. If the latches aren't strong enough they should have fixed them by now. I realize there are things that just can't be locked down because the chef can't stop working while they're sailing, but all these doors flying open every single time makes zero sense. Unless the boat's owner has been instructed not to fix the latches because they love the shots they get.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I've got to give it to the producers/editors.  They really made a big deal of Daisy's sister coming on the show and then it was a big nothing burger.  Even Chase didn't get any action there.  This is one BD franchise where the crew nights out often end with people passing out.  Maybe due to Covid, they don't dance at the clubs like other crews. They just eat a bit of dinner, smoke a bunch and  slam alcohol.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Why are cabinets and drawers constantly flying open?

I was just on a small cruise ship and even though it doesn't heel, it can rock somewhat on the open ocean, and all the closets were designed so that if you didn't want it to pop open you pushed the button in. Then later if you wanted to open it you pushed the button a second time and it pops out so you can grab the knob. We didn't generally push the button in since we weren't rocking that much. My guess is that this crew has similar knobs but they are too lazy to pop them in every time. EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE ON A SAILING YACHT THAT IS GOING TO HEEL REGULARLY.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I've noticed a recent trend of people saying and writing "Chef's kiss" while making the gesture. It's happening all the time recently, why is that? I'm over it. 😡

I honestly don't get this. Why are cabinets and drawers constantly flying open? They know this is a sailing boat, they know it's going to heel. If the latches aren't strong enough they should have fixed them by now. I realize there are things that just can't be locked down because the chef can't stop working while they're sailing, but all these doors flying open every single time makes zero sense. Unless the boat's owner has been instructed not to fix the latches because they love the shots they get.

It's just one of those things the youngsters do, like writing 100 if they agree with something rather than actually saying "I agree with you", I don't get it either but I'm a verified grumpy old man.

My opinion on the drawers etc. flying open every time is that they don't, they just went around making things look like they weren't latched & then use the same piece of film every time the yacht is sailing. No idea why they would do it but it makes more sense than everything flying around every fucking time, it's not clever or funny.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Shrek said:

It's just one of those things the youngsters do, like writing 100 if they agree with something rather than actually saying "I agree with you", I don't get it either but I'm a verified grumpy old man.

My opinion on the drawers etc. flying open every time is that they don't, they just went around making things look like they weren't latched & then use the same piece of film every time the yacht is sailing. No idea why they would do it but it makes more sense than everything flying around every fucking time, it's not clever or funny.

Totally agree. Seems like stock footage they edit in every time the boat sails as if they think we're that stupid. This time they even showed Glenn telling Daisy or one of the stews that they were getting ready to sail and would be heeling. I'm not saying things don't get occasionally left out or unsecured but this has now just become a cliche shot.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

They're not.  Production uses the same clips over and over.  Watch for the one in Daisy's cabin where the lower drawer shoots out - same shot all season.  The exciting stuff is what's happening in the galley.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, dsteele said:

Seems like stock footage they edit in every time the boat sails as if they think we're that stupid.

It's not all stock footage though because we do see stews and the chef in shots we haven't seen before. I'm open to the idea that they deliberately leave some of these unlatched for "drama" but we do see new footage most times it happens.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Bonnie: "Shall we cheers to you guys? Thanks for having me."

Is cheers now a verb? This seemed to also appear on some other reality show I recently watched.

Apparently so, and it drives me crazy!  My 20 and 30-something children and their friends say this all the time.  

2 hours ago, dleighg said:

Didn't we see Daisy wearing that plunging swimsuit that Bonnie was sporting in a previous season?

I think we saw Bonnie rummaging around in Daisy's cabin looking for a bathing suit to wear in the hot tub and found this suit of Daisy's.  She obviously never made it to the hot tub because she was too inebriated.  Seemed weird that Daisy put Bonnie into the main guest cabin while wearing that suit, but the next time we see Bonnie exiting the cabin, she was wearing cut offs and a sweatshirt.  I gues she must have woken up in the middle of the night and changed.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This primary looks familiar. Have we seen him before on one of the other BD shows, or maybe even this one?

See? Even Daisy's sister thinks she's a dick. I'm so tired of her saying "I'm over it" every time she's called out. Because then she either turns around and does the same thing again or makes a point of telling us she's on a mission to do better. "I'm over it" has lost all meaning.

I thought the same thing.  His voice was very familiar, too.  I think he may have been on either Below Deck or Below Deck Med.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I thought the same thing.  His voice was very familiar, too.  I think he may have been on either Below Deck or Below Deck Med.

Bravo has put on Youtube and social media influencer types on Million Dollar Listing New York and tried to pass them off as people really looking to buy property or something.

I wouldn't put it past them to put some personality and make up a fake back story or profession, like real estate broker, which is what this primary charter guest was suppose to be.

Really people embellish resumes and Bravo makes up stuff so why not make up fake professions for these guests?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

Is cheers now a verb?

Of course it can be a verb!  Among my people, "Cheers, mate!" is a universal greeting/parting.  (:

Edited by Tanukisan
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Of course it can be a verb!  Among my people, "Cheers, mate!" is a universal greeting/parting.  (:

That's fine and correct!!  But, when someone uses the word "cheers" in place of what should probably be "toast", as in "What are we toasting (cheersing)?"  or "Let's toast (cheers) to that" or "Shall we toast (cheers) to you guys", it just grates on my ears and brain!!  

• Like 7
  • Love 1

This show has jumped the shark. It is nothing more than raunchy trash. It's sad that neither Mads nor Daisy have any self respect and allow Gary to treat them the way he does. And Mads keeps going back for more. l don't get what's up with these young women. Is sex so important that they will sleep with the likes of disgusting Gary?

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, aghst said:

I wouldn't put it past them to put some personality and make up a fake back story or profession, like real estate broker, which is what this primary charter guest was suppose to be.

We own property in NC and we've never heard of him. ETA: his bio stated that he was the best realtor in NC.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
18 hours ago, aghst said:

Bravo has put on Youtube and social media influencer types on Million Dollar Listing New York and tried to pass them off as people really looking to buy property or something.

I agree a lot of the guests are fake but I wouldn't have seen this guy on social media or YouTube. He would have had to be a former guest on this show. I don't watch any of the other Bravo shows either.

• Like 2

Daisy can miss me with her being over the fact that she's expected to do her job.  For her to say that if it was truly an emergency, someone could come find her -- isn't that what the radios are for??  So that crew doesn't have to stop what they're doing -- like DOCKING -- in order to come find Daisy in the galley to interrupt her gab session.  

She is the worst.  And Colin enables her by going to check on her so she can whine about how unfair life is, with her being expected to work while she's flirting with Colin and Gary.  

There was so much build up for Bonnie and . . . nothing.  The way she drinks, she's definitely Daisy's sister.  And she's right -- Daisy is a dick and she and Gary are well suited for one another.  So the two sisters haven't seen each other in three years?  Hmm.  Daisy did have time to fly off to Anaheim with Gary though.  

Colin is losing his attractiveness factor for me and fast.  Sleeping with Daisy is sucking the hot right out of him.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/27/2023 at 9:26 AM, dleighg said:

My guess is that this crew has similar knobs

Yes they do, and his name is Gary.

Daisy is just loving having two guys fighting over her.  It's such a weird situation.  Has Alex slept with any of the stews, or does he get too drunk every night to be able to perform?  He's hot but he often looks like he's high, not just drunk.

Chase needs to give up on Ileisha.  She's full on committed to her boyfriend.

On 6/27/2023 at 5:46 AM, Midwestern Lady said:

In previous seasons, I admit I found Gary charming.   This season I am not.

I agree.  He's not looking good at all, forcing himself on silly Daisy.

1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Daisy did have time to fly off to Anaheim with Gary though.

I didn't know this.  Why on EARTH would anyone fly across the world to go to fucking Anaheim?  It's kind of a rundown city, TBH.  Oh crap.  I forgot about stupid Disneyland.

Edited by Oosala
  • LOL 5

There was so much build up for Bonnie and . . . nothing. 

No kidding!  They made it seems as though she and Gary hooked up.  Talk about a big nothing burger.

The guests were much nicer than their preference sheet made them sound.  Glad the crew got their shit together and did a good job especially Ileisha who knocked it out of the park with her meals.

I am glad to see that Colin realizes that Gary is being the dick and is the one flirting with Daisy and is not blaming Daisy.  Most men would blame the woman.  This makes me like Colin more.  Gary is desperate and everyone on the boat know it.  Karma is a bitch Gary and maybe next time you treat a woman like a piece of meat you will reflect on how it feels and maybe not do it again.  

• Like 9

Colin is losing his attractiveness factor for me and fast.  Sleeping with Daisy is sucking the hot right out of him.  

Amen to that. He was much sexier when he was the quiet voice of reason. He's involved in ALL the drama now. Familiarity breeds contempt, indeed.

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

No kidding!  They made it seems as though she and Gary hooked up.  Talk about a big nothing burger.

That would be the dealbreaker for Daisy, if he hasn't already committed the dealbreaker in Daisy's eyes.  Nothing lower than getting between sisters.

But she's not pushing him away either when Gary is flirting with her or grabbing at her.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, Oosala said:

Yes they do, and his name is Gary.

Daisy is just loving having two guys fighting over her.  It's such a weird situation.  Has Alex slept with any of the stews, or does he get too drunk every night to be able to perform?  He's hot but he often looks like he's high, not just drunk.

Sh!  Don't let Captain Sandy or Malia hear about this!  😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, gaPeach said:

The guests were much nicer than their preference sheet made them sound.  Glad the crew got their shit together and did a good job especially Ileisha who knocked it out of the park with her meals.

I am glad to see that Colin realizes that Gary is being the dick and is the one flirting with Daisy and is not blaming Daisy.  Most men would blame the woman.  This makes me like Colin more.  Gary is desperate and everyone on the boat know it.  Karma is a bitch Gary and maybe next time you treat a woman like a piece of meat you will reflect on how it feels and maybe not do it again.  

Yes, Gary is flirting with Daisy but Daisy is returning the favor, at least IMO.  She's encouraging him and not fully putting her foot down.  She clearly enjoys the little triangle (obviously much more than the viewers are).  

To me, Gary is being Gary.  Same as he's been since Season 1.  He wants what he can't have.  

• Like 7
19 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I am glad to see that Colin realizes that Gary is being the dick and is the one flirting with Daisy and is not blaming Daisy.  Most men would blame the woman. 

19 hours ago, aghst said:

But she's not pushing him away either when Gary is flirting with her or grabbing at her.

Yeah, she's got some responsibility in this. Like when Gary corners her in the galley and starts kissing her she just laughs about it.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:
22 hours ago, aghst said:

Yeah, she's got some responsibility in this. Like when Gary corners her in the galley and starts kissing her she just laughs about it.

I agree but she and Gary flirted all time, so it is not unusual, and I think Colin knows this.  But Gary is really turning it on because he is jealous, desperate and embarrassed that not only one, but TWO women have both said they are embarrassed to be linked with him romantically or even just a hook up within the span of days (or was it a mere hours?)  That has got to be quite the blow to his fragile ego.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Sh!  Don't let Captain Sandy or Malia hear about this!  😉

It's bad enough this season of BDSY is taking a dump on us, do we have to bring Captain Queeg into the conversation as well?   😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

While I wish Daisy would give Gary a hard shove and a firm no! --kind of like you do with a dog, only with less hope of being understood--she shouldn't have to. Gary has no right to anyone else's body and everybody in his life should be telling him so.

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
On 6/27/2023 at 11:10 AM, iMonrey said:

He was the primary on BD a few seasons ago whose preference sheet was so over the top that it made Chef Rachel quit (but came crawling back when she cooled off). I believe her quitting scene was the one where she said, in front of Lee, "eat my cooter" (a sentiment meant for the primary). Anyway, here he is:

https://screenrant.com/below-deck-bryan-guarnieri-charter-guest-career-job/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

Rachel should have targeted her rant at the producers, the people who likely make up all these preference sheets.

The guests are little more than mannequins or more like guest role players for these "reality" shows.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, aghst said:

Rachel should have targeted her rant at the producers, the people who likely make up all these preference sheets.

The guests are little more than mannequins or more like guest role players for these "reality" shows.

If you think about it, his preference sheets for both charters were obnoxious, pretentious, and demanding, yet during their charters they were very easy going and loved both chefs and left nice tips. So yeah, I don't know if the preference sheets are made up by production, or this guy just has fun messing with their heads before he gets there. He seems like a bit of a character.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, aghst said:

I was watching some of the earlier seasons during the marathon this weekend. It struck me that the big difference between earlier seasons and now is the guests. I think pre-Covid, pre-Med and pre-Sailing yacht, they actually did have real charters. I think guests do in fact submit food preferences and then the producers no doubt elaborate on them and request these dumb theme parties and beach picnics.

It's clear the shows now have to recruit people to play guests, although some are obviously return customers from earlier seasons. And I think it makes a big difference because the shows used to spend more time focusing on the guests and the food and the work the crew did waiting on them. Now it's all crew hookups and crew shenanigans.

I sincerely hope this is the last season with Gary. It feels like this season died of a Gary overdose.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It's clear the shows now have to recruit people to play guests, although some are obviously return customers from earlier seasons. And I think it makes a big difference because the shows used to spend more time focusing on the guests and the food and the work the crew did waiting on them. Now it's all crew hookups and crew shenanigans.

I don't agree that they recruit people but I do believe that people seek them out for their 15 minutes of tv time whereas originally the fame whores didn't know about the program and how it would pan out & be popular. Like a lot of these reality shows the first few seasons are the best as nobody knows if the show will be popular but once it is becomes a different animal.

The funny thing is that the chefs seem a lot less histrionic now than some of the originals and seem to use the show as a way to showcase their talents rather than being dramatic like the rest of the crew. Just my 2 cents worth.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 6/27/2023 at 12:16 PM, dleighg said:

Didn't we see Daisy wearing that plunging swimsuit that Bonnie was sporting in a previous season?

Yeah, here: image.png.77ebdd5d311c5ba6cb9734eb5074cbf0.png

She didn't bring her own swimsuit so she borrowed Daisy's.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, Shrek said:

I don't agree that they recruit people but I do believe that people seek them out for their 15 minutes of tv time whereas originally the fame whores didn't know about the program and how it would pan out & be popular.

They definitely hired locals to play "guests" post-Covid. There have been guests who admitted they didn't really know each other. It was really obvious on the Australian version. One of the charters were just a bunch of the captain's friends.

20 hours ago, Shrek said:

The funny thing is that the chefs seem a lot less histrionic now than some of the originals and seem to use the show as a way to showcase their talents rather than being dramatic like the rest of the crew.

We've gotten zero drama from Ileisha. Zero. And very little from the stews or the deckies. I think that's part of the reason the season has been swallowed up by the whole Gary/Daisy/Colin thing.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
42 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

They definitely hired locals to play "guests" post-Covid. There have been guests who admitted they didn't really know each other. It was really obvious on the Australian version. One of the charters were just a bunch of the captain's friends.

We've gotten zero drama from Ileisha. Zero. And very little from the stews or the deckies. I think that's part of the reason the season has been swallowed up by the whole Gary/Daisy/Colin thing.

I remember the down under you're talking about but Australia was very tough on people entering the country well after most countries so I'll give them a pass for that. 

As for chefs we've had Rachel after her first season turn herself around, Marco & now Ileisha that all have been very undramatic and some would probably say boring. As for Daisy & Gary I am 100% with everyone else and they seem to have decided it's the Gary & Daisy show not a Below Deck show.

• Love 1
On 6/26/2023 at 9:57 PM, Tanukisan said:

Yet in the end, we’re all back at the jacuzzi, Gary after Mads, Daisy leading on both Colin and Gary, Colin feeling petulant, etc.  So over all that drama.

At the preference sheet meeting, you can title the scene: producers make all of their absurd scripting public so there’s no doubt anything you see with the next guests isn’t genuine.

While Gary carries on with… whatever Gary is doing… Chase and Alex seem to be doing perfectly fine without him.

Captain Glenn radios down below there’s going to be sailing and a lot of heeling… you know what that means!  Lots of footage of drawers opening, doors closing, and things scuttling along the floor!  And it’s a real race with another boat!  Almost makes up for the rest of the hour.  Almost.

Once again, Ileisha pulls off a brilliant dinner (10 course no less) to rave reviews.  Only one charter left in the season and she hasn’t had a misstep yet.  Well done, Ileisha!

What will happen next week?  Will Chase get anywhere with Ileisha? Will Alex get anywhere with Mads?  Will Colin get over Daisy’s history with Gary?  Will Gary get over himself?  Stay tuned, if you can stand the testosterone…

I've seen this comment a few times And I feel bad for Daisy. I think of all the charters when they'd exchange dirty jokes, flirt back and forth, and not take it further, and no one ever accused her of leading him on. But now that the crew knows that they had sex after filming, any similar exchange is seen as leading him on. She still has no intention of sleeping with him, and he still plans to sleep with Mads, so what's the difference? Gary's only more grabby with her to let Colin know he's still the top player on the boat.

• Like 3
On 6/29/2023 at 8:11 AM, iMonrey said:

Daisy is laughing because she's embarrassed and doesn't know how to respond with cameras rolling.

I am Daisy in the sense that I have a difficult time pushing people away or being overly aggressive. I assume when I say stop, don't do that, no thank you, or please don't, that should suffice in telling a fellow to leave me alone!

And I've been in that situation - I don't know how to respond because I'm embarrassed and I feel awkward. And the only reason I laugh is because I don't know what else to do when someone is that aggressive, and I'm alone.

• Like 4
On 7/3/2023 at 8:52 AM, Shrek said:

I remember the down under you're talking about but Australia was very tough on people entering the country well after most countries so I'll give them a pass for that. 

As for chefs we've had Rachel after her first season turn herself around, Marco & now Ileisha that all have been very undramatic and some would probably say boring.

I prefer it when the chefs are both excellent and positive. I enjoyed seeing all the dishes and would love each of those great chefs to put out recipe books. I also enjoyed the stews working well together. The experiences of the guests, and in general, the personalities and senses of humour of the crew should be enough to carry the show, without made up crises.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Chalby said:

I prefer it when the chefs are both excellent and positive. I enjoyed seeing all the dishes and would love each of those great chefs to put out recipe books. I also enjoyed the stews working well together. The experiences of the guests, and in general, the personalities and senses of humour of the crew should be enough to carry the show, without made up crises.

I wish that were the case but that's not the world we live in, at least on Bravo reality shows.

Loud drama, fueled by alcohol -- maybe drugs as well that they don't show -- are what drives a lot of these shows.

They could have more of a documentary feel, to show the everyday life of the crew on these charters, their mundane tasks.  We get snippets of that, mostly when they're docking.  But the rest of it is crew and guest interactions, much of it scripted or concocted like the costume shows.

Or they could go another way, do it as more of a travelogue of these amazing places.  But that would probably bore younger viewers.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1