Type keyword(s) to search

Summer House: Martha's Vineyard

• Start Topic

Summer House: Martha’s Vineyard follows a group of 12 friends as they enjoy their island getaway. With beach parties, decadent dinners, and summer hookups, both fun and drama are in store for these young Black professionals and entrepreneurs. 

I was told by the moderators that I could start a M.V. episode discussion thread here.  I haven't seen it yet, how is it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
7 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I was told by the moderators that I could start a M.V. episode discussion thread here.  I haven't seen it yet, how is it?

Well, we had a guy poop and not flush in another guy's room because the second guy wasn't psychic and realize this empty room hadn't been deemed to the first guy (the pooper) with no apparent evidence of this allocation.

So, in a word, awesome.....

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

The house is fantastic, the cast is mostly easy on the eyes, no one has been swigging from a giant bottle of booze, and there's a woman who thinks having an emotional support dog means she's not expected to be responsible for any associated inconvenience.

The woman who arranged the house kept asking people who they saw as potential hookup partners and, at dinner, she wanted to do one of those go around the table and talk on this subject things. The other cast members shut her down on both, so yeah, awesome.

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

Two people have been kicked out already. One guy who just arrived there and pooped in another guy's toilet without flushing was kicked out and a girl who got into it with the girl with the dog for supposedly putting her hands on dog girl for dog girl putting the dog's blankets and what not in the dryer with the clean towels. The girl with the dog is the one that should have gone if you ask me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

The show is entertaining enough. Bria (emotional support animal German) invited Phil (pooped and wouldn't flush the toilet) to the house. After the house decided to kick Phil out, Bria decided that if her friend had to go, Jasmine's (arranged the house) friend Mariah (affirmations, moon mass) also needed to leave the house for the reasons @swankie noted. After Mariah left, Amir admitted that he was the one responsible for the laundry mix up. New people arrive next week. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Was Phil drunk when he showed up? I did not understand what was going on with him. I would have voted to get him to leave too.

Mariah…eh I don’t know. She should have apologized to Bria but Bria is awful obnoxious about her dog. If I was sharing an expensive vacation house and someone showed up with a drag without talking to anyone and then let that dog all over the furniture and then had a pissy attitude about it, I’d be irritated too. On the other hand, Mariah was pretty annoying herself and seemed sort of primed for a fight over the dog blanket thing. And as much as I get not wanting to deal with other peoples pets, I didn’t get the issue with the dog blanket being in the laundry. 

I’m also not getting a great vibe from the really tall guy who’s into meditation (I’m still working on names. I think it’s Nick but Nick might be the guy with all the clothes). There’s something about him that strikes me as misogynistic under all the layers of peace and enlightenment. Him making a bunch of assumptions about that girl based on articles forwarded to him by somebody and then pretending it was about her touching his hand at dinner rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, i think she might legit be crazy but his reaction seemed confusing and cruel even when she tried to talk to him.

I LOVE Preston (lawyer guy, right)and have a huge crush on him even though he doesn’t date girls. I think he’s funny and interesting and adorable.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2

I can't stand her but I appreciate how Bria has taken note of the problems on Summer House and is out there doing things.

They are all terrible things, but at least she is out there.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I like it so far, mainly because they seem older and more established. Although, I think most of them are the same age as the Hamptons cast when they started, but you've got one couple that's married already and one woman who has a child. While there are the ones that are model/something else, you also have others who have careers that aren't just about being famous, like finance, real estate and there's a 1-2 others. Plus, everyone seems to either know everyone else, or there's just one degree of separation from other cast members, which makes everyone act more natural with each other, as well as giving the air of being more mature and established. Jasmine is definitely feeling herself as part of the only married couple in the house and the hostess. She definitely feels a little smug and superior to all the singletons like she has found the secret to true love. It cracks me up a little, because I think most newlyweds go through that the first several months of marriage (kind of like how college freshman feel smug and superior to those still in high school), and they've only been married 3 months. Silas and her make a beautiful couple and are cute together. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
43 minutes ago, Book Junkie said:

I like it so far, mainly because they seem older and more established. Although, I think most of them are the same age as the Hamptons cast when they started, but you've got one couple that's married already and one woman who has a child. While there are the ones that are model/something else, you also have others who have careers that aren't just about being famous, like finance, real estate and there's a 1-2 others. Plus, everyone seems to either know everyone else, or there's just one degree of separation from other cast members, which makes everyone act more natural with each other, as well as giving the air of being more mature and established. Jasmine is definitely feeling herself as part of the only married couple in the house and the hostess. She definitely feels a little smug and superior to all the singletons like she has found the secret to true love. It cracks me up a little, because I think most newlyweds go through that the first several months of marriage (kind of like how college freshman feel smug and superior to those still in high school), and they've only been married 3 months. Silas and her make a beautiful couple and are cute together. 

You make some good points, but I'm also not liking that a few of the women were Playboy bunnies. It's nice that they've evolved and all that, but I was expecting and hoping at least some of them had a more long-term tradition of summering on the Vineyard. This is more like The Jeffersons, not that there's anything wrong with that, a few Gabby's would have been nice.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I was ready to like the show until that obnoxious aggressive asshole showed up saying he shit in the toilet of the room he thought was his and wasn’t going to flush it. If they kicked his disgusting ass out, maybe I’ll try again.

I think the dog is cute and Mariah is an asshole. While I do think people need to be responsible for their dogs, I felt like she was just picking to be a bitch. Plus she has a kid she admitted she should be with. Good riddance to her too.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I was going to maybe give the show another chance, so I came here to see if anyone was still watching.. all of this shit in the toilet talk is making me not want to.   Although now I’m very curious about the type of person to do such a thing on a tv show!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Finally, the (literal) shit stirrer gets the boot right away on a reality houseguest show instead of being allowed to stay and continue to terrorize people and torture the audience. I was nervous production would allow him to stay since he wasn’t afraid to start shit (sorry couldn’t help myself) but the house said nope bye!

That was so satisfying to watch. You know he was so ready to roll in and hog the camera. Good on Amir for standing up to him even if he was yelling at his chest and Jordan went up ten notches in my book. I wasn’t expecting her to unleash on him the way she did but thoroughly enjoyed it. The nonsense rolling off his tongue was ridiculous and his misogyny disgusting.

I thought I read someone here say that the quality of the houseguests is higher on this show than Summer House or Winter House? I agree and this is why they booted two people right away. While I can’t stand Bria, Mariah did put hands on her. I call BS on Bria saying she didn’t feel safe, she just wanted her gone, but still think the house made the right decision and sent a clear message. The Summer House OGs could never!

Edited by PositiveBean
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Bria seems like a lot and she should’ve mentioned the dog, but Mariah was looking for a fight and she shouldn’t have shoved Bria.  Also, Jasmine was being judgmental about Bria’s relationship and Bria in general.  This dog business is silly because, ladies, you admitted to living in a car for months.  I would think a little dog hair would not phase you at this point.  

And I know she’s a young married, but I’m tired of hearing Jasmine talk about how she’s “a wife now.”  So what?  You can’t be in the streets every night, but you can still maintain your friendships.  I’m going to need to see Silas back down a little too but they’re learning.

So far, like Jordan and Preston.  Don’t know what’s up with Alex or Nick and the pre-show DMs when he has a whole girlfriend. Amir is too cute with his awe of black history. 

Shanice might be a little crazy…she admitted to some of the behavior.  I don’t remember her ex from Insecure.  Will have to investigate.

Phil had to go.  I don’t even understand how/where/when they would associate with him.  If that’s comedy to him, he’s not funny.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I was ready to like the show until that obnoxious aggressive asshole showed up saying he shit in the toilet of the room he thought was his and wasn’t going to flush it. If they kicked his disgusting ass out, maybe I’ll try again.

I think the dog is cute and Mariah is an asshole. While I do think people need to be responsible for their dogs, I felt like she was just picking to be a bitch. Plus she has a kid she admitted she should be with. Good riddance to her too.

Yes, he was booted indeed!

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, PositiveBean said:

Good on Amir for standing up to him even if he was yelling at his chest and Jordan went up ten notches in my book. I wasn’t expecting her to unleash on him the way she did but thoroughly enjoyed it. The nonsense rolling off his tongue was ridiculous and his misogyny disgusting.

Every cloud over MV has a silver lining.  Phil may have been a temporary shitstorm, but Amir and Jordan really stepped up, they are my two faves right now.  Jordan was on WWHL Sunday night, she was quite delightful.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 4

Yes, I thought the house handled the Phil situation quite maturely. With the Hamptons group, they would've been yelling and screaming and cursing for a whole episode about this and probably would've resolved nothing.

I'm torn about the Mariah booting. I agree with Bria that if they're going to boot someone over taking a crap in someone's bathroom, but then no one said anything about Mariah actually putting her hands on Bria over a trivial matter, that's not right. No one stood up for Bria when Mariah got physical. However, I also agree with Mariah that it's not right that they had this whole conversation about her without her there or to explain herself and most weren't there to witness what was going on, and she gets booted too? That's not right, either. I do think that Bria should be warned about her watching after her dog. I'm still irritated that she brought her dog without telling anyone beforehand. And, if you need an ESA at all times, then maybe you shouldn't be on a reality TV show. Summering in Martha's Vineyard is not a requirement. That being said, I appreciated that Jasmine did the difficult thing and told her best friend, Mariah, that she was being asked to leave and Mariah left pretty quietly. Finally, why didn't Amir admit before they voted Mariah off that it was him who put the dog blanket in with the clean towels? He really lost some points with me there. For that matter, why didn't Bria tell Mariah that she wasn't the one who put the dog blanket in the dryer? That was bizarre.

Speaking of Jasmine, after watching her in the "Truth Booth", I'm getting the impression that Jasmine is one of those women who wanted a wedding, but not necessarily a marriage. It's sounding like Jasmine wants to still live her single partying lifestyle and have Silas to come home to. Silas wasn't saying Jasmine couldn't or shouldn't go out with her friends; he just didn't want her accepting free drinks from men because it gives those men the message that she's DTF. Just pay for your own drinks, Jasmine.

Finally, my theory about the whole Nick/DMs/girlfriend thing is that there is no girlfriend. One woman (Shanice? Jordan?) said that Nick had been sliding into their DMs for a while before MV, but had been aloof and even awkward when in person. I think Nick is closeted, either gay, bi or asexual, and that's why he slides into so many DMs and then is so distant in person. It also would explain the tall guy's unwillingness to tell what he knows about Nick's dating situation--he doesn't want to out his friend, which I totally get and respect. I've had a weird vibe about Nick since day 1 that something's off about him. I could be totally wrong, but I've seen several other similar scenarios play out in life, where the guy or girl acts how they think they should act in certain social settings because they're not ready to be a certain way or they want to fit in. Personally, I get an asexual vibe from Nick. YMMV.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

So happy this thread was started.  I have watched the first 3 episodes and am totally in.

Who in the hell is this Phil guy and how is he not horrified he took a dump in someone else toilet and was PROUD of it?  On national TV?  Glad the roomies kicked him out.  That had to have been a record on any reality show, where a cast member is kicked out within 5 minutes of being on the show!  He got his 15 minutes.......er seconds...but will always be known was the Mad Shitter.

I am in for the rest of the season.  I like that they are bringing new people in.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

First. I am totally distracted by something cosmetic and silly, but I cannot unsee the big bump on Jasmines one cheek. What on earth is that? Filler gone bad\? A skin issue? I do not know but I cannot look at anything but the bump when she speaks. I find her immature but trying to act mature. I was slightly shocked at the Bravo cameras showing her perform her martial duties and take a complete pounding by Silas. Oh my...

Jordan handled Phil perfectly. Yes girl! Let him know. She is beautiful and unbothered. Early favorite.

Mariah needed to go. She was insufferable, with her moon mass and weirdness. Read the room girl. No one wanted that. Stay home with your kid. You left the kid to be on a reality TV show for a few months? I'm not sorry, that is not cool.... "honey, mommy has to chase IG followers and a possible endorsement or two and leave you all summer while I go to an island, k? Thx bye!"   And absolutely not ok to be pushing Brea in the chest over laundry.  Now I must admit! I have three dachshunds! My little weenies (I am not named crazydoxielady for nothing)! I didn't like Brea leaving poor Milo stranded on the big bed. One bad jump and their backs are shot. Or bringing him bowling in that terrible bag. He's a dog. Let him be a dog.

Nick is weird. So he has a gf, didn't mention it for a while, and was sliding into all these chic's DM's? You can own all the purple label Ralph Lauren in the room sir, but you are coming off grimey.

Alex is cute. But he seems arrogant AF. Stay celibate bro, that energy can stay all to yourself!

Amir is a cutie pie. I hope he gets the girl.

Edited by Crazydoxielady
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3

I like it so far. It's kinda odd that most of the hommes are Greek (were in a frat), and most of the femmes were bunnies/playmates (not complainin'!) 😘. Jordan's hot, but conceited; Bria (puppy mamma) seems nice, but a little air-headed; Mariah (sp?) was a weird hoodoo priestess; Shanice is easy on the eyes (still tryin' to figure her out). The dudes seem pretty chill (except for Mr.-I-don't-like-to-flush), but he's gone now (thank God). So basically, I'm Team Milo. WOOF! 😁

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2023 at 5:30 PM, Crazydoxielady said:

First. I am totally distracted by something cosmetic and silly, but I cannot unsee the big bump on Jasmines one check. What on earth is that? Filler gone bad\? A skin issue? I do not know but I cannot look at anything but the bump when she speaks. I find her immature but trying to act mature. I was slightly shocked at the Bravo cameras showing her perform her martial duties and take a complete pounding by Silas. Oh my...

I'm wondering if that bump is some sort of cyst or lipoma.  Maybe she needs to visit Dr. Pimple Popper.  🤣  And they need to take notes from the other Summer House show.  If you're going to have sex, take it to the bathroom, mics covered.  Cameras aren't allowed in there. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 5/27/2023 at 2:30 PM, Crazydoxielady said:

He's a dog. Let him be a dog.

Does Bria ever let him walk much?  She needs one of the little teddy bear dogs like Jiggy (RIP).  Milo is a smaller dog like my corgis (one also a Milo), but they aren’t purse dogs.  I wouldn’t think doxies would be either.

That was a lot of Lawrys!  I’m glad Preston was trying to fix it.  Fish fry looked good.  Jordan should give Amir another look.

I don’t understand the big deal in Bria’s boyfriend staying.  She has her own room/bathroom.  They introduce new people every other day.  It’s not a static cast.  I know Silas and Jasmine are the “hosts” but they aren’t picking up the tab.

I wasn’t sure about Summer, but loved her calling out the guys’ sexism and her getting kicked out of her sorority because she couldn’t be bothered.

• Like 9

I start to like Bria and then she pulls out this huge sense of entitlement. It's common courtesy and common sense to ask the organizer of a share house if you can bring your dog. Some of the other folks might have allergies, the house owner could not allow dogs, or there could be an additional fee for a pet. The fact that it's a service animal doesn't change or negate any of those things. You ask and understand that you and your dog might not be able to be accommodated.

Bria did tell the hosts she was expecting her boyfriend. I think she really did tell them, though, not ask them. Regardless, you do that privately, in a quiet space, at a time when they're not distracted  When you do, you also say you understand that your share didn't include a guest and ask what kind of financial arrangements you can make. It's possible Bria is just stupid, not thoughtless, but she was out of line either way.

I think Silas is insecure, not controlling. He's worried about Jasmine being out late at night but he's more worried that she's accepting drinks from other men. Based on the whole Sadie, Sadie, married lady thing Jasmine is doing, I don't think he has anything to worry about. Even so, it's possible for two women friends to go out for a drink without attracting male attention. Maybe Jasmine needs to try it. She can afford to buy her own drinks.

• Like 5
On 5/29/2023 at 2:18 AM, For Cereals said:

don’t understand the big deal in Bria’s boyfriend staying.  She has her own room/bathroom.  They introduce new people every other day.  It’s not a static cast.  I know Silas and Jasmine are the “hosts” but they aren’t picking up the tab.

I can see how after just showing up with the dog without asking if it was ok, adding a boyfriend showing up for a full week at the house might be a bit much.  Yes, she told them at the loud, noisy bowling alley that her man was coming for a week.  I really don't think they heard her completely because they only said they were excited.  I guess they thought it was only for 3 days.  IDK it's kind of sketchy.  I do get the impression that Bria acts very entitled and is manipulative as Silas said she is. 

• Like 5
(edited)
On 5/22/2023 at 9:33 AM, FozzyBear said:

Was Phil drunk when he showed up? I did not understand what was going on with him. I would have voted to get him to leave too.

Yes, I peeped that he showed up with a tequila bottle and clearly had been hitting it on his way in. Interesting that everyone seems to have flown on island. The ferry is actually how most people get there, but I guess it's not bling-y enough.

On 5/23/2023 at 11:44 AM, Book Junkie said:

Finally, my theory about the whole Nick/DMs/girlfriend thing is that there is no girlfriend. One woman (Shanice? Jordan?) said that Nick had been sliding into their DMs for a while before MV, but had been aloof and even awkward when in person. I think Nick is closeted, either gay, bi or asexual, and that's why he slides into so many DMs and then is so distant in person. It also would explain the tall guy's unwillingness to tell what he knows about Nick's dating situation--he doesn't want to out his friend, which I totally get and respect. I've had a weird vibe about Nick since day 1 that something's off about him.

My take is that Nick, despite repping his frat hard - is dating someone who is not black which is why it is a secret. 

22 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

I start to like Bria and then she pulls out this huge sense of entitlement. It's common courtesy and common sense to ask the organizer of a share house if you can bring your dog. Some of the other folks might have allergies, the house owner could not allow dogs, or there could be an additional fee for a pet. The fact that it's a service animal doesn't change or negate any of those things. You ask and understand that you and your dog might not be able to be accommodated.

Many owners in MV will only allow pets for an extra fee. And even out of town owners have local relators, handymen, cleaners, etc. who definitely would dime someone out for bringing a pet without getting prior approval. I don't know how long Bria has had this dog, but she doesn't roll like someone who has gotten those kind of concessions in the past. 

I too am surprised that the group of people that are part of the "MV black excellence traditions" crew are all folks who discovered MV as adults and not the people who have been summering on the Vineyard their entire lives.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Bria's boyfriend barely said "hello" to these people before he started lavishing them with expensive gifts--- Casa Azul tequila, a fancy dinner and $800-$1200 watches. It was giving "trying to buy their friendship," and, welp, it worked!

For context, Bria appeared on WWHL and said he owns a watch store called Watchroom24 in Germany. There are pictures of Bria modeling his watches on Google Maps.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Bria's boyfriend barely said "hello" to these people before he started lavishing them with expensive gifts--- Casa Azul tequila, a fancy dinner and $800-$1200 watches. It was giving "trying to buy their friendship," and, welp, it worked!

For context, Bria appeared on WWHL and said he owns a watch store called Watchroom24 in Germany. There are pictures of Bria modeling his watches on Google Maps.

I fell like I'm undervaluing myself, you can buy my friendship if you just pay for a round...........

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12
On 5/31/2023 at 3:18 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Yes, I peeped that he showed up with a tequila bottle and clearly had been hitting it on his way in. Interesting that everyone seems to have flown on island. The ferry is actually how most people get there, but I guess it's not bling-y enough.

My take is that Nick, despite repping his frat hard - is dating someone who is not black which is why it is a secret. 

Many owners in MV will only allow pets for an extra fee. And even out of town owners have local relators, handymen, cleaners, etc. who definitely would dime someone out for bringing a pet without getting prior approval. I don't know how long Bria has had this dog, but she doesn't roll like someone who has gotten those kind of concessions in the past. 

I too am surprised that the group of people that are part of the "MV black excellence traditions" crew are all folks who discovered MV as adults and not the people who have been summering on the Vineyard their entire lives.

I suspect that production knew she would be bringing the dog and made the proper arrangements with the homeowners.

While handled poorly, did they really think Silas was going to fly from Germany and not stay the whole week? Didn't they say it's the last week? 

I'm disappointed that none of them have a true history with MV, but in reality those kind of people are highly unlikely to do such a show. And call me a snob, but I hate that so many of the girls are former bunnies. I also am not a fan of Jasmine and Silas and like someone else said, they should have taken a hint from Summer House and other shows about how to discretely have sex. I cringe every single time I witness the banging on this show and Below Deck. Do they not know there are cameras in that room? So fucking weird.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, politichick said:

While handled poorly, did they really think Silas was going to fly from Germany and not stay the whole week? Didn't they say it's the last week? 

I know you mean Simon, and not Silas.  Although the idea of Silas flying to Germany has its appeal.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, politichick said:

And call me a snob, but I hate that so many of the girls are former bunnies. I also am not a fan of Jasmine and Silas and like someone else said, they should have taken a hint from Summer House and other shows about how to discretely have sex. I cringe every single time I witness the banging on this show and Below Deck. Do they not know there are cameras in that room? So fucking weird.

I would much, much rather watch programming about people shagging their ever-lovin' brains out of their skulls (*ahem* love-making), than TV shows and movies with guns blazing, exploding blood-squibs, carnage galore, disembowelments, etc. Why is this culture okay with extreme violence, but squeamish when it comes to intimacy? SMH. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, WhiskeyVictor said:

I would much, much rather watch programming about people shagging their ever-lovin' brains out of their skulls (*ahem* love-making), than TV shows and movies with guns blazing, exploding blood-squibs, carnage galore, disembowelments, etc. Why is this culture okay with extreme violence, but squeamish when it comes to intimacy? SMH. 🤔

I'm not at all squeamish about intimacy, but this is not fiction and I don't think it's a good look. If Jasmine was my daughter or my friend, I'd be upset with her. As a black person, let me just say that that's so not "black excellence."  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, politichick said:

I'm not at all squeamish about intimacy, but this is not fiction and I don't think it's a good look. If Jasmine was my daughter or my friend, I'd be upset with her. As a black person, let me just say that that's so not "black excellence."

Fair enough. Different folks, different -- uh, erm, eh -- strokes. 😄

I thought it was hilarious that, after having been criticised by the group, the married couple then tried to get it in without any Wagnerian vocalising. Silas complained that he just couldn't, if his wife was quiet as a churchmouse. 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I suspect that production knew she would be bringing the dog and made the proper arrangements with the homeowners.

I don't know. I thought that I read that the owner of the Summer House location was originally appalled by the way the cast and production treated the articles in the house and in subsequent years, the person actually rented a lot of the furnishings so that damages would be fully covered by production. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I would rather everyone brought a dog than listen to Silas and Jasmine fucking so loud that Amir has to go sleep on the couch. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The show was on thin ice for me after the pooper. I deleted the show episode before last as soon as they showed and put the sound on the married couple banging.. Gross. 

19 hours ago, WhiskeyVictor said:

Normally I’d agree with you but after watching whatever that was, I’d prefer some violence.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 6/6/2023 at 6:39 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Normally I’d agree with you but after watching whatever that was, I’d prefer some violence.

I don't know. Looked pretty violent to this observer. Silas was jackhammering that poor woman that I'm surprised she could walk properly the next morning.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Well, on tonight's episode, the crew have a seperate boys/girls night out: the boys were pretty sedate, just sitting and drinking, but the gurlzzz....man, they really know how to let loose! Silas comes off even more as a jerk ("missing" wedding ring), one guy is a new father and isn't likely to wild out any time soon. The star of the show is Shanice, who is tragically allergic to clothing. When she decided to show everyone in the hottub her birthday suit, Simon was the only one to get in trouble. Go figure.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I was liking Silas until last night's episode. Now, I'm all "Free Jasmine!" First, with him wanting to have another house meeting about Milo pooping in the house. I was cracking up at Preston refusing to attend another house meeting and then was rightfully telling Silas, just tell Bria to pick up her dog's poop! Which, someone did do that, and Bria cleaned it up, no problem. What is with Silas' obsession with house meetings? Then, he "forgets" to wear his wedding ring at their guys' night, when you know he would've gone nuclear if Jasmine "forgot" to wear hers. Then, he was going to accept those drinks from the women at the bar when he had a whole conversation with Jasmine about how she shouldn't accept free drinks from men as a married woman! Then, he tells the other guys how he doesn't like Jasmine sleeping later while on vacation, because she's not making him breakfast and that's not part of their routine?! WHAT? First of all, the whole point of going on vacation is to get out of your routine for a little while. Second, so you're on a vacation trip with your wife, but she has to wait on you and do all of her regular chores, while you get to be on vacation? FU, Silas! He also yelled at her about messing up some pants of his because she doesn't know how to iron. Like, iron you're own pants, Silas! Finally, he's telling the one guy to not be such a nice guy and he should fuck around because nice guys finish last?!!!! WTH? I'm completely done with Silas now. He's messed up. Good luck, Jasmine!

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Book Junkie said:

I was liking Silas until last night's episode. Now, I'm all "Free Jasmine!" First, with him wanting to have another house meeting about Milo pooping in the house. I was cracking up at Preston refusing to attend another house meeting and then was rightfully telling Silas, just tell Bria to pick up her dog's poop! Which, someone did do that, and Bria cleaned it up, no problem. What is with Silas' obsession with house meetings? Then, he "forgets" to wear his wedding ring at their guys' night, when you know he would've gone nuclear if Jasmine "forgot" to wear hers. Then, he was going to accept those drinks from the women at the bar when he had a whole conversation with Jasmine about how she shouldn't accept free drinks from men as a married woman! Then, he tells the other guys how he doesn't like Jasmine sleeping later while on vacation, because she's not making him breakfast and that's not part of their routine?! WHAT? First of all, the whole point of going on vacation is to get out of your routine for a little while. Second, so you're on a vacation trip with your wife, but she has to wait on you and do all of her regular chores, while you get to be on vacation? FU, Silas! He also yelled at her about messing up some pants of his because she doesn't know how to iron. Like, iron you're own pants, Silas! Finally, he's telling the one guy to not be such a nice guy and he should fuck around because nice guys finish last?!!!! WTH? I'm completely done with Silas now. He's messed up. Good luck, Jasmine!

I agree with all your side eye at Silas. Having said that I think Jasmine has him well in hand. First, she shut down the "how many women were you dancing with discussion" with a quick "Hold up, I don't care". Then when he came clean about the drink, she pointed out "You could have been drugged", which is exactly what men tell women. Silas tried to scoff then quickly shut the hell up when he realized she was right. 

At its core, I don't think Jasmine cares because she trusts Silas. I think Silas does care because he isn't 100% sure he can trust Jasmine. He needs to deal with his jealousy and insecurity, because Jasmine is completely secure that he's coming home to her every night. If he starts to make a big deal about her behavior, its going to drive her away.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just don't understand the dynamics of this group.  Don't get me wrong, I like it so far as it is not a carbon copy of Summer House.  This group seems more "grown up" than the original Summer House.  From House Meetings to making the beds every day!  They do have their version of Paige with Bria laying in the bed, with her dog on the phone with her boyfriend.  And let me ask this of this age group, do you really not have sex due to eating a large meal or because you are not really awake (sometimes the best sex is half awake :-) )  Bria and Simon have not seen each other for a while but did not have sex the first night or the next morning.  Is that weird or just me?

Edited by gaPeach
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

do you really not have sex due to eating a large meal or because you are not really awake (sometimes the best sex is half awake :-) )  Bria and Simon have not seen each other for a while but did not have sex the first night or the next morning.  Is that weird or just me?

Despite what Simon said, I thought he was too drunk to get it up.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And let me ask this of this age group, do you really not have sex due to eating a large meal or because you are not really awake (sometimes the best sex is half awake :-) )

I dunno. I want my women to be fully conscious when I disappoint them.

• LOL 18
21 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And let me ask this of this age group, do you really not have sex due to eating a large meal or because you are not really awake (sometimes the best sex is half awake :-) )  

I dated someone who did not like to have sex immediately after a large meal. They said it was uncomfortable and distracting. The same person didn't like having sex with the lights on or during the day unless the room was dark, so yeah, this is a thing for some folks. (And no, I've never dated Simon🙂)

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3