Type keyword(s) to search

Summer House: Martha's Vineyard

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I couldn't get over the cool indifference of Silas when Jas was taking away his dish.  He would've given more respect to an anonymous busboy.

Yeah, that was real cold. He's been acting pretty rude to his wife of late. The burn sandwich, the unironed trousers, the handmade meal that wasn't finished. If he takes her for granted any more, she's gonna ghost his unappreciative ass.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
On 6/18/2023 at 10:57 PM, bosawks said:

That Silas is certainly doubling down on his charm offensive…..

and I'm good with that. I believe him to be an 1920s-30s style European "admirer" of Black culture and I have no problem with him paying for access while knowing his place as an observer. 

My husband is also of the opinion that a major part of why Silas has so much patience for Bria's drama and her personality, in general, is because he has other women in the rotation closer to home. 

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, red12 said:

and I'm good with that. I believe him to be an 1920s-30s style European "admirer" of Black culture and I have no problem with him paying for access while knowing his place as an observer. 

My husband is also of the opinion that a major part of why Silas has so much patience for Bria's drama and her personality, in general, is because he has other women in the rotation closer to home. 

His name is Simon. And doesn't she live with him in Germany?

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, politichick said:

His name is Simon. And doesn't she live with him in Germany?

Apologies for the name. I was doing too many things at once and mistyped.

She kept saying their relationship is long distance so, that's why we thought it was. Either way, Bria is still a lot.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, red12 said:

Apologies for the name. I was doing too many things at once and mistyped.

She kept saying their relationship is long distance so, that's why we thought it was. Either way, Bria is still a lot.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was initially long distance and then she moved there. I don't even really care, actually. Not sure why I continue to tune into this when I dislike so many of the people in it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 6/21/2023 at 8:18 AM, red12 said:

Shade grenade! BLAM!

Being in the wristwatch biz, I'm sure he's got plenty of time for side-pieces!

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Jasmine and Silas are so weird in the way they talk about marriage. I’ve never heard anyone stress out this much about if they can be on vacation and be married at the same time.

I know, right?  And then Silas wanting his schedule to be uninterrupted (which means Jasmine isn't on vacay EITHER) was sort of nutso!

I still wonder how anybody can stand Bria since every time she opens her mouth, she gets so snarky!  It WAS interesting to learn all the history of Martha's Vineyard.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Jasmine and Silas are so weird in the way they talk about marriage. I’ve never heard anyone stress out this much about if they can be on vacation and be married at the same time.

Jas is essentially his maid, so while Silas may be on vacation, Jas is still on the clock.  Those pants aren't going to iron themselves!  It ain't easy being a 50's housewife.

It's weird the producers waited to the last episode to feature the cast members in the opening.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Jas is essentially his maid, so while Silas may be on vacation, Jas is still on the clock.  Those pants aren't going to iron themselves!  It ain't easy being a 50's housewife.

Yup. She's definitely expected to be a tradwife. I told ya her hubby was likely very conservative! Next will come the 50s poodle-skirt, bouffant hairdo, Perry Como records on the hi-fi, and atomic bomb shelter.

• LOL 6
On 6/26/2023 at 1:04 PM, goofygirl said:

I know, right?  And then Silas wanting his schedule to be uninterrupted (which means Jasmine isn't on vacay EITHER) was sort of nutso!

I still wonder how anybody can stand Bria since every time she opens her mouth, she gets so snarky!  It WAS interesting to learn all the history of Martha's Vineyard.

But how tragic was it that not one of these pillars of black excellence had ever heard of Dorothy West?!? Even the tour guide was, like, WTAF.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, politichick said:

But how tragic was it that not one of these pillars of black excellence had ever heard of Dorothy West?!? Even the tour guide was, like, WTAF.

12 hours ago, WhiskeyVictor said:

I consider myself quite well-read, and I hadn't heard of it either. *shrug*

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0143076/

It's from 1998, sooo....very old (pre-Y2K).

I saw the movie with Halle Berry. I've never read the book. Just read a free sample on Google Play Books--- whew! This thing is juicy!!! I ordered it from Amazon. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The thing is that they claimed to be so proud of having the opportunity to vacation on the Vineyard, proud of all things MV, its black history, etc., and had no bloody idea who one of its most famous residents was. Clearly their knowledge of it is limited to the fact that generations of well-to-do blacks, including in recent years the Obamas, have summered there, period. They could have at least done a bit of homework before the tour so they wouldn't look so daft on national TV.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 6/27/2023 at 2:44 PM, politichick said:

I was wondering the same thing and that includes Simon.  He seemed kind of goofy and I really did not see the attraction on either side.  Bria is that one friend you never know if you are going to get the calm Bria or crazy ass bitch Bria.  Simon did not seem all that upset when she yelled at him, walked around the house screaming he needed to go (I was so afraid she was going really make him leave, remember turd boy?) and slept on the couch as though it was the most natural thing to do.  Did I hear Bria's mom say to be nice to him as he supports her???  Did they ever say what she did for a living?  I can't believe anyone likes her.

Silas is a real control freak.  I am surprised that in this day and age any woman would agree to the "roles" they each have in the marriage.  I would be interested in what his role is since we got the low down on Jasmins "role".  Basically housekeeper, laundry mistress and moaner in the bedroom.  What does he do for her?  And making her moan does not count....she most likely is faking it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 6/26/2023 at 12:04 PM, goofygirl said:

I actually like Bria.. I don’t know why.  Maybe because I like little Milo.  

2 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I was wondering the same thing and that includes Simon.  He seemed kind of goofy and I really did not see the attraction on either side.  Bria is that one friend you never know if you are going to get the calm Bria or crazy ass bitch Bria.  Simon did not seem all that upset when she yelled at him, walked around the house screaming he needed to go (I was so afraid she was going really make him leave, remember turd boy?) and slept on the couch as though it was the most natural thing to do.  Did I hear Bria's mom say to be nice to him as he supports her???  Did they ever say what she did for a living?  I can't believe anyone likes her.

Silas is a real control freak.  I am surprised that in this day and age any woman would agree to the "roles" they each have in the marriage.  I would be interested in what his role is since we got the low down on Jasmins "role".  Basically housekeeper, laundry mistress and moaner in the bedroom.  What does he do for her?  And making her moan does not count....she most likely is faking it.

She’s definitely faking it.

And he basically threatened that if she didn’t fall in line “things would change” overnight.. as in, “you would lose access to my money.”  What an asshole. Why would anyone want this??

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Maybe because I like little Milo.

Milo needs his own spin-off reality show: Chillin' with Milo. It will get good ratings. 😉 I'd much rather watch a full hour of Milo napping on the bed than all the needless yelling and drama of the humans in the household.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1

I read today that this is getting a season 2 that will be filmed during the actual summer when lots of people are there. No word on whether the same people will be in the house. They definitely need to mix it up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

I was coming here to see if Jasmine and Silas had separated since I didn't see Silas in the trailer for Season 2. I guess he was in Poland. I hope he's safe as Poland is not that far from the Ukraine. I also hope he's got a better attitude and treats Jasmine better. I loved him at first, but then he took a real nosedive with the way he expected Jasmine to wait on him all the time. I can't wait for this show to return.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Book Junkie said:

I was coming here to see if Jasmine and Silas had separated since I didn't see Silas in the trailer for Season 2. I guess he was in Poland. I hope he's safe as Poland is not that far from the Ukraine. I also hope he's got a better attitude and treats Jasmine better. I loved him at first, but then he took a real nosedive with the way he expected Jasmine to wait on him all the time. I can't wait for this show to return.

Jasmine is pregnant.

Did anyone else watch?

Key moments:

--- Bria (& Milo! 🐶) getting the best room with a deck.

--- The girls sneakily helping Preston get a good room.

--- Summer making everybody clutch their pearls when she revealed that she & Alex slept together. He seems like kind of a jerk. Was he like that last year?

--- The new girl, Noelle, is adorable. But, her accent may have to grow on me. It sounds put on; like she's faking trying to sound hood. (Ray J, the rapper, is someone who does this IMO.)

--- Folks shading Shanice for not being fashionable. Aw, that was mean. Then she goes crying that she doesn't have money for good clothes.

To help with names:

Screenshot_20240325_113818_Google.thumb.jpg.89fbfe3b8446bd5f4fde4f32254912b0.jpg

• Like 3
5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Summer making everybody clutch their pearls when she revealed that she & Alex slept together. He seems like kind of a jerk. Was he like that last year?

I had the same open-mouthed response as everyone else at that table. And I died laughing when they cast shared their varying levels of knowledge about it and Amir said something like, "I knew about it from the second it happened!"  

The new girl, Noelle, is adorable. But, her accent may have to grow on me. It sounds put on; like she's faking trying to sound hood. (Ray J, the rapper, is someone who does this IMO.)

I loved Noelle. For now. And I clocked her as an AKA from the second she walked into the house. 

Folks shading Shanice for not being fashionable. Aw, that was mean. Then she goes crying that she doesn't have money for good clothes.

I missed this part. 

I loved how all the people who weren't really friends became best friends after the show. And am not at all surprised that Jasmine now gets left out of stuff, cause she was insufferable last season. We'll see if her attitude shifts a bit now that her hubby isn't there. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's also hilarious to me that Jordan and Summer brought up this "you didn't invite us/the entire collective" conversation when they have actively not invited many people in "the collective" to many things. 

Currently rewatch, but that is definitely an Atlanta accent Noelle has. 

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

--- Folks shading Shanice for not being fashionable. Aw, that was mean. Then she goes crying that she doesn't have money for good clothes.

Is that why she's always wearing a bikini?  I was beginning to think that was all she packed. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3
16 hours ago, swankie said:

Is that why she's always wearing a bikini?  I was beginning to think that was all she packed. 

Too her credit, she looks amazing in those bikinis. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
On 3/25/2024 at 5:00 PM, luckyroll3 said:

I loved Noelle. For now. And I clocked her as an AKA from the second she walked into the house.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:21 PM, luckyroll3 said:

Currently rewatch, but that is definitely an Atlanta accent Noelle has. 

Yep & yep! Lol! We see each other!

Word on the street: Noelle comes through this season!

Only 9 episodes. No reunion. Well, at least they are filming during peak season this time.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Finally catching up on S1.

Pet peeve, people who sleep on beds without sheets. Silas & Jasmine, that's a mattress protector, not an actual sheet. And why are they acting like King/Queen of the house? Because they're married or are they supposedly the glue in this friend group? If so, I don't see it. The men barely seem to know or like him & the ladies seem quite surprised/unfamiliar with current Jasmine.

I like Preston, Amir, Jason, Jordan, Brie, Shanice & Summer so far. Trying to get Nick & Alex straight, its not helpingn that they both seem to hiding things. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 2

I cannot believe that not one of the cast aside from the one person knew who Arthur Ashe is. And none of them knew who Dorothy West was during the first season.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 1

I'm having a hard time keeping track of the real friendships. I "think"

• Jasmine's real friend is Moriah (the dog hater who pushed Bria) No one else seemed to know her.
  • Phil (the angry pooper) is friends with Shanice & Bria, and Moriah, but no one else seemed to know him.

Having them come back to the house screams of producer intervention. I mean, how else would they have timestamped receipt for Moriah's flight?

I wish this group was based in NY vs scattered, I'd love if they were filmed over the Summer instead of just a 2 week period. Curious on their weekday lives as well. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Shanice seems fun, at least! I loved her and Nick eating those chips while everyone else was immersed in the drama. And she had her own moment of (understandable) tears later in the episode, but got over it fast. 

I'm actually loving this season. I wish more people were watching and talking about it. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

They seem to be doing a lot of fun activities, not just wild drunken parties like the other Summer House.  But what's with all of the crying with the ladies?  Good grief! 😒 

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

Shanice seems fun, at least! I loved her and Nick eating those chips while everyone else was immersed in the drama. And she had her own moment of (understandable) tears later in the episode, but got over it fast. 

I'm actually loving this season. I wish more people were watching and talking about it. 

I also loved how they seemed to have to talk each other into putting down the chips to go and get involved.

• LOL 6
12 hours ago, swankie said:

They seem to be doing a lot of fun activities, not just wild drunken parties like the other Summer House.  But what's with all of the crying with the ladies?  Good grief! 😒 

The thing about the vineyard is there isn't a bunch of late-night clubs/parties the way there is in the Hamptons. Much of the island shuts down by midnight during the summer and there are really only a couple of venues that host parties. Everything else happens at private homes, and my guess is that the owner put some limit on the number of folks who could be on site during production to assure that the wild bacchanals that happen on the mothership, don't happen here. My guess is that this is a way to create group cohesiveness, while at the same time not getting the locals too riled up over the show.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/22/2023 at 12:29 AM, swankie said:

Two people have been kicked out already. One guy who just arrived there and pooped in another guy's toilet without flushing was kicked out and a girl who got into it with the girl with the dog for suppos

I am finally binge watching season 2 MV Summer House, and the first episode gave me red flags with alex (is his name Alex?). I know HE mentioned red flags about a girl who he had been with, but any guy who doesn't want a partner he's slept with to tell her friends, gives me concern.

Then he tells his bros that she took a picture of him, a nice picture, and sent it to a friend and "that's weird." I don't blame her. Alex was making everything a secret and she can't even share that they were out together? This guy has far too many secrets. We have got to stop these men from getting a pass for bad behavior.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 5/22/2023 at 8:33 AM, politichick said:

You make some good points, but I'm also not liking that a few of the women were Playboy bunnies. It's nice that they've evolved and all that, but I was expecting and hoping at least some of them had a more long-term tradition of summering on the Vineyard.

When I saw the 3 gals all worked together at Playboy, the shallow conversations they often have made total sense. It's all about the exterior and the illusion of money. Even when one girl asked the group to name the worst dresser, I had to do a double take because that is so rude to anyone.

Even when another girl was talking about Alex (? still don't know names) and said something about "he's just so weird"  I thought and this is season 2 EP 1? I'm just not used to people coming in and blurting that shade out before they fully understand someone.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1
(edited)
On 4/25/2024 at 2:25 PM, Chalby said:

I don't know how I messed up.

Sorry gang

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1
On 4/8/2024 at 7:00 AM, snarts said:

I'm having a hard time keeping track of the real friendships. I "think"

• Jasmine's real friend is Moriah (the dog hater who pushed Bria) No one else seemed to know her.
  • Phil (the angry pooper) is friends with Shanice & Bria, and Moriah, but no one else seemed to know him.

Lol, I thought the discussion about the "pooper" was to do with season 2 when Preston snagged an unclaimed room and mentioned leaving a poop.

I get the feeling these people don't really like each other, or have each other's backs? How can they try to bond if they don't live in the same city? On the other Summer House they have the work week to reach out and clarify or resolve, but this group doesn't have enough time.

• Like 1
On 2/15/2024 at 4:51 AM, ZettaK said:

Bravo showed a promo about a second season coming soon.

Sorry gang, my comments are all regarding season 2 because I don't have access to season 1.

On 3/25/2024 at 10:25 PM, swankie said:

I love Shanice and she looks amazing in her bikini. I know when I'm on holiday, the moment I arrive I'm in my bathing suit. (I'm nothing like Shanice as I tend to scare small children when I put on my suit).

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Chalby said:

I am finally binge watching season 2 Hamptons Summer House, and the first episode gave me red flags with alex (is his name Alex?). I know HE mentioned red flags about a girl who he had been with, but any guy who doesn't want a partner he's slept with to tell her friends, gives me concern.

Then he tells his bros that she took a picture of him, a nice picture, and sent it to a friend and "that's weird." I don't blame her. Alex was making everything a secret and she can't even share that they were out together? This guy has far too many secrets. We have got to stop these men from getting a pass for bad behavior.

I think Summer is the one he had sex with, but they were not in a relationship, just hooked up a few times (which she likely should have refrained from) and he didn't want it to become a source of gossip in the group.

Regarding the photo, as I recall, he said he did not pose for that and it was taken without his knowledge.

I find the women in this group frustrating because all they do is cry and argue and it's annoying. And every time I see the words "screen writer under Jasmin's name, I'm, like, what? What is she writing? It's total BS.

And the bunny stuff still bothers me, because I'm a snob like that, lol. And we learned that Jasmine's mum is a two-time convicted, went to jail person? I'm not judging her for that, but it does put a different light on all of that black excellence stuff she often spews. I'm black and I don't see a lot of excellence amongst these girls.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Did anyone else catch it when Bria said that Simon and her were arguing a lot because SHE hadn't been to Germany in a month and that he takes it hard if he has a bad day and she's not there to "comfort" him when has a frustrating day. I took that to mean that he's upset she's not there for him to take his anger and frustrations on someone who won't clap back at him. Like, dude. What did you do about a bad day before you and Bria were together? THEN, Bria goes on to say that he's frustrated that she's not there to clean his house and cook his dinner???!!! Simon gives me serious ick and worse. Hire a freaking maid, Simon. Or, take your frustrations out by cleaning your own house, yourself. He is totally using Bria, and she doesn't even realize it. Ladies, if you're not living there, do NOT clean your boyfriend's house. I'm seriously concerned for Bria in her relationship. With his behavior last year when he visited, I'm thinking Simon is not a nice guy or good for Bria.

• Like 4
  • Love 1