Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: The Glow Soon Becomes Ashes

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm so tired of the Jen/Rishi drama. Every scene she says the same things over and over. Let's get on with it, already. 

Daniele is just so cringey. Oh, you're such a big, bad, independent  bitch. You're gonna show Yohan who's boss! 

Go home, Debbie. Stop making up some romantic fantasy in your head about riding camels in to the sunset and painting the beauty of Moroccan nature with your love and go home to your people. Ousamma's family seems really nice but I think that is a front because they eventually ALL want to end up in the US. The only one that didn't know this was Debbie. 

Jen's friends are shit stirring wannabe reality stars.  The smugness of the blonde one (no I don't care enough to know their names) is so bad she has major Resting Bitch Face.  If they do in fact rat Rishi out to his family about his relationship with Jen, then they are nothing but bitches and smug ones at that.  Ugh.  Someone needs to tell them to take a seat and NOW.

Daniele is a very self-absorbed person.  She lost her shit when Yohan didn't describe one of his past relationships exactly the way she thought he should.  But expects him to embrace her going to meet and ex-boyfriend.  What a hypocrite!

I like Debbie.  Sad to see Ousamma's turning out to be big fat liar.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Oh boy....

Danielle/Yohan---I can see her point that if you know someone who is in town when you just moved to another country, you do want to try and meet up with them. However, she should have known that it would not sit well with her husband. And how does she STILL not understand that culturally, Yohan thinks the man is the boss in a marriage. Not a 50/50 deal. And if the roles were reversed, you know she would be losing her shit about him wanting to meet up with the ex. I do think she would actually take him up on the offer to go with him to the meet up. I thought it was very telling that the ex, when talking about their past, made a point to say he always saw her as a mentor despite the fact that things turned sexual between them. I think this was little more than a fling that dragged on a bit because of the timing and the pandemic. She admits it was never going to be something serious or long term, but I think that this dude probably initially contacted her hoping for a hook up and when she said she was married adn that was off the table he probably really wasn't too interested in still seeing her but....TLC paycheck baby! And a one night stand becomes and "ex". 

Jen/Rishi---the dude is not serious about a future with her. Time to cut it loose and go home. The "friends" are nothing but shit stirrers who remind me of Yara's friends from a past season. Not saying that there aren't a circus full of red flags here, but these are bitterly single over 40 somethings who secretly don't want anyone in their circle to find a decent man and leave the fold. Jen, if by your age you still need this much input and approval from multiple people about your partners, you truly are going to be single the rest of your life. 

Debby---seems a bit touched and kooky, but harmless. OF COURSE he wants to go to the US! Anyone remember the old Elizabeth Taylor movie "A place in the sun"?? Well, when debbie was trying to talk to him about their plans and he wanted to paint, I had flashbacks to the boat scene with Monty Clift and Shelley Winters. Lucky for her the camera crew was present. Hopefully she sees the writing on the wall and goes home and cuts this off and doesn't turn into a Kim w/Usman. 

Nicole seems a bit....touched in the head or medicated. What the hell does she do all day? I would be miserable couped up in the apt with people I don't know speaking a language I don't know and nothing to do. Another one who just needs to cut it loose and end this---that isn't a marriage. 

Jeymi----they each tell a slightly different version of events. The way Kris was telling her version, Jeymi sounds like a gold digger. The bit about going to sell the necklace with her father's ashes in it? If true, horrific. How much could that even be worth however, particularly in Colombia? As others have said, I think Kris is an addict and they will often say one thing and when sober not recall it or recall a totally different version, dreams get confused with reality, etc. Again, how is she able to do all this manual labor when she could barely take a cab ride in Colombia with her excruciating pain? I think she was detoxing when she was in Colombia. Maybe that was part of the plan----she thought she could go cold turkey and it would be a true fresh start. Then the pain of detox hit her and she said fuck it and flew home to her supplier. 

So many of these couples from this franchise are still together or stay longer than anyone imagines because (I think) they see divorce as some huge personal failing. Something to be ashamed of. It really isn't.....so much better to admit you made a mistake and cut your losses and rebuild rather than spend years miserable and being humiliated. 

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

The smugness of the blonde one (no I don't care enough to know their names) is so bad she has major Resting Bitch Face. 

Is this the one who proudly declared her status as a "certified interventionist" with the smugness that you would imagine someone announcing they have a MD and PhD ?? LOL. She probably did an online course, if that......and WTF does that have to do with telling someone's family they have a secret that they are engaged? She knows NOTHING about the culture. The translator looked horrified and a bit nervous when she realized the situation she was hired for.....she knows this will NOT go well. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
On 4/21/2023 at 11:07 PM, magemaud said:

So Nicole has been there for FOUR MONTHS and this was the first time she ventured out to the market with Fatima? She has made absolutely no effort to try and adapt to life in Mahmoud’s conservative Egyptian neighborhood. What does she do all day? 

Select her outfit of the day, does her hair, makeup, skin care routine, etc. 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

Jen's friends are shit stirring wannabe reality stars.  The smugness of the blonde one (no I don't care enough to know their names) is so bad she has major Resting Bitch Face.  If they do in fact rat Rishi out to his family about his relationship with Jen, then they are nothing but bitches and smug ones at that.  Ugh.  Someone needs to tell them to take a seat and NOW.

Geez, Jen is a grown woman. She should be mature enough to go to Rishi's parents with Rishi and the enterpreter and tell them herself that they are engaged. Rishi may not be happy and may be shocked with that but at least she put it all out there. Then let the chips fall where they may. No need to get her obnoxious friends involved at all. Grow up! 

12 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Again, how is she able to do all this manual labor when she could barely take a cab ride in Colombia with her excruciating pain?

Exactly! She can't mover her neck because of the stiffness and pain but she can pressure wash driveways, decks and what ever else? Then she disappears for days or weeks without returning Jeymi's calls? She's probably off bingeing somewhere. A full on addict IMHO. Her mother is stupid if she hasn't figured out her daughter by now. What ever happened to the lawsuit about her stolen motorcycle she was originally going back home for or was that a lie, too? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Shauna said:

Speaking of Pillow Talk.  I really can't stand Veronica.  She's so loud and obnoxious.  Even Tim seems annoyed by her. 

Don't you just love it when she claps her hands like a seal and yells "I'm sooooo excited! This is my favorite! Hurry up Tim, it's about to start!"  and "I cannnn'ttt wait till next week"! Save it , Ronnie. 

Emily is another loud one. Don't know how Cameron puts up with her. 

Kalani's sister is earning an easy paycheck. She sits there like a stoner, spaced out and barely says anything. 

The only ones I like are John and Patrick and Anny and Robert. Armando and Kenny can be ok as long as Kenny doesn't get sloshed and start making his stupid sexual jokes. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Her mother is stupid if she hasn't figured out her daughter by now.

She probably has....and her kids have too which is why they have not appeared onscreen. It is always possible that her mom is one of those who will never ever see that her baby could do any wrong. I know of someone like this....he has a huge coke problem (and probably other substances) and has been arrested a few times for assaulting his girlfriend. Talk to his mother about it and all she did was bash the girlfriend and blame her for introducing her sweet boy to drugs (not at all true, his habit predated her by YEARS) and just sort of ignoring the rest of it. Reminded me of that as her mom sat there calling Jeymi a gold digger. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

I think ok, I know I am the only one here who loves Nicole's Dutch Boy hair because (a) I love a good bob and (b) the symmetry of it (which I also love) fascinates me, as do her perfectly trimmed and never out of place bangs.  I thought for sure it was the real deal and and scoffed at the wig comments until I saw the scenes of her out on the town with her SIL in true, outside daylight.  Wrong!  WIG!  I should have known because how else could she be maintaining that tricky cut (and colour) for so long without a salon visit? 

Also, I didn't think I could hate Kris more than when she showed up on my screen in that hat.  I have a special hatred for assholes in hats.

24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Don't you just love it when she claps her hands like a seal and yells "I'm sooooo excited! This is my favorite! Hurry up Tim, it's about to start!"  and "I cannnn'ttt wait till next week"! Save it , Ronnie. 

"Don't forget to pick up Chloe after soccer!!!!" 

Edited by Cementhead
grr, keep screwing up words
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
25 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Also, I didn't think I could hate Kris more than when she showed up on my screen in that hat.  I have a special hatred for assholes in hats.

I can't stand Kris. Just the mere site of her, and in this week's segment she played her victim role, which made her even more pathetic. Kris will never see Jeymi's POV. She's in the same camp as Nuttily was with Mike. Two shows ago when Jeymi was trying to talk with her online, Kris just walked away. THERE YOU GO. No one irons out their issues when one of them wants to run. And Kris is the older of the two and should have learned more in her life experiences, but she is way, way, more immature. Useless!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Can Kenny and Armando send her some socks?  I am getting sick of watching her play with her bright pink toenails.    

Wow.  Thanks for this.  I thought I was the only one noticing these pillow talkers playing with their feet.  Grosses me out.  For me, though, it's Patrick.  Stop it, Patrick. 

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Emily is another loud one. Don't know how Cameron puts up with her. 

Kalani's sister is earning an easy paycheck. She sits there like a stoner, spaced out and barely says anything. 

The only ones I like are John and Patrick and Anny and Robert. Armando and Kenny can be ok as long as Kenny doesn't get sloshed and start making his stupid sexual jokes. 

At first I liked Veronica, but that didn't last.

I have no idea who Emily and Cameron is.  Absolutely no clue. 

Anny and Robert are surprisingly good.  Especially Robert. He is usually spot on. 

Armando and Kenny are a little meh.  I can take them or leave them. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

It’s always looked like a wig to me although it was wet one time when she was crying after a shower.

Human hair wigs can be washed, cut and styled just like your own hair. She probably uses a flat iron. On the other hand, synthetic wigs have the style set in and are no fuss

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Her over the top "Princess Day!" when talking about weddings really annoys me. 

21 minutes ago, Shauna said:

I have no idea who Emily and Cameron is.  Absolutely no clue. 

It's Emily and her husband Kobi who is FROM Cameroon. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Nicole would have to have a lot of money to maintain that cut & color, in the U.S. or anywhere.  

Wig.  Definitely.  

That’s one of those styles that would need 2 weeks max in between cuts, and 4 weeks for color.  

It’s a wig.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 6
On 4/22/2023 at 10:44 PM, magemaud said:

Debbie was lucky there was any kind of seat. I have been in bathrooms in Europe that have standard toilets without seats! 

At least there was a commode. I've been to a country where the toilet was a hole in the cement floor. And people who couldn't squat down that far apparently just let 'er rip, standing.  

Speaking of matters of hygiene, I lost it when the Indian dancers were picking up bills in their teeth, and the Americans go, that looks like fun, let's all do that! GROSS 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Mind Blown 3
On 4/24/2023 at 6:58 PM, Starlight925 said:

Nicole would have to have a lot of money to maintain that cut & color, in the U.S. or anywhere.  
That’s one of those styles that would need 2 weeks max in between cuts, and 4 weeks for color.  
It’s a wig.  

I'd go insane with that routine. I can't stand the salon, even going other month for a cut and every 6 weeks for color. Synthetic wigs need not be expensive. When I had cancer (fortunately, a relatively minor type in most cases) I went to "Look Good Feel Better," and they gave us a wig catalogue. The synthetic wigs were cheap. $30-$40 you could get something, of course going up in price for higher quality or more hand work.  

Debbie was so nice to the family and so sweet with the donkey, I was touched. But I'd never get on the latter. She was lucky she didn't break a hip or arm. O-grifter should have said and enforced N-O. And that was a little donkey. Debs is not a little gal. 

I feel Pillow Talk jumped the shark a couple of years ago. I still like Robert and Anny, and at times I liked Molly and her friend. And Veronica and Tim when they would just hang out. She's so cranked up now trying to conquer the world and find a man. She and the other cast get on my nerves. Their shticks seem old and the jokes rehearsed. 

Jeymi, even Stevie Wonder could see that this is OVAH! Sorry, hun. Maybe the friend of Jen's who's an interventionist could come on and set everybody straight.  

I felt for Mockmood, he's done everything he can to try to improve things for them there, but she is impossible to please. Nothing is happening now that didn't happen the last time she lived there. Wake up! P.S. Your husband is cute but pings for me.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Don't you just love it when she claps her hands like a seal and yells "I'm sooooo excited! This is my favorite! Hurry up Tim, it's about to start!"  and "I cannnn'ttt wait till next week"!

A few weeks ago on Pillow Talk, both my Mom and I noticed Veronica acting flirtatious with Tim. Remember their agreement - if single at 50, they'd marry each other? He seemed annoyed and not interested. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Kris and Jeymi - somewhere between Kris’s story and Jeymi’s story lies the real story. Jeymi was stupid to listen to Kris and quit her job before she even got there. See how the food truck pans out first and see if Kris has change from ghosting the first time. I would be furious and hurt that I got played again and that Kris just vanished back home. Plus she now has been there for 5 months and left me holding the bag that she gave me. I would not be hugely sympathetic to her ‘working’ to make money and wondering what is really going on with the narcolepsy, the sore back and sore neck, etc. Food truck flakiness and all the promises she made. I would be talking to a lawyer to get a divorce or annulment on fraud or irreconcilable differences. I would want to know all about the health issues and have a translator present so I don’t get lied to again. And approach this relationship and marriage from a clean slate. One last chance to own your crap, tell it to me and I decide if I am interested. 

My cousin whose husband died in February got two pendants - one with a fingerprint and one with ashes - she said both came to around $800. I think they look like sterling silver.

Gabe - yeah, his younger days stupidity would take a month to redo all his documents. His relationship with Isabel is not his sister’s business. He is old enough to make his own life choices. I do agree with a prenup to protect both parties’ stuff, but I can’t imagine he has a wildly successful business or owns multiple properties.

Daniele and Yohan - she and her ex seem to be just friends now. Yohan is being immature. Meet the dude for a few minutes. That is it.

Nicole and Mahmoud - what do those two see in each other? He was just a cute boy? Surely if he was more modern, he could consider a place in New Cairo. Or slowly integrate his wife into the culture. She is going to stick out at the market. Her looks, being a pale blonde, lack of language. I don’t know if he will be happy in the US and he too will have a hard time fitting in. Their body language is funny and they just don’t seem to fit. Nicole can barely shop at home, so a live market? Nope.

Jen and Rishi - I don’t know if telling his family is the right thing. He should be doing so, with her there. The dancing class scene was entertaining but I would not likely be picking up dirty money with my teeth. Ugh. The translator is a good idea, but I do agree that she would make a good wife for Rishi. The friends should back off.

Debbie and Oussama - well we saw his probable descent into being a user. Debbie was warm and gracious to his family. Too bad she is not a woman of significan financial means and can afford a home anywhere she likes. The farm life is not for her and I could see her in a condo or an apartment in a bigger city. The donkey upheaval was expected and funny. Oussama being ugly and turning into an ugly Cinderella stepsister was not pleasant. Nice of him to tell Debbie his real plan when she is isolated. She is really lucky to have the TLC crew around. I would be making arrangements asap to get outta that town and blocking Oussama. He seriously thinks the US will give him a visa with the 43 year age difference? Find a much younger gullible woman.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I kinda thought Yohan was overreacting about about the 'ex' but then..... I remembered what a RAGING BITCH Danielle is and he's probably so sick of her BS. This is just the latest on the list of her schemes to aggravate Yohan and assert her dominance. Not to mention the preview for the Tell All (or Tell Nothing, we'll see) shows Yohan talking about how she still pines over this ex and has his pictures in the house. So yeah, I think Danielle is being intentional with this meet up.

• Like 10
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Shauna said:

Wow.  Thanks for this.  I thought I was the only one noticing these pillow talkers playing with their feet.

You forgot the guy from Israel. He's always laying there on the bed with his long bare skinny legs and showing us his feet. Between him and Kulani, I'm having a real problem tuning in. On the other hand, I don't mind looking at Patrick's legs when he's wearing his shorts. :)

• LOL 1
50 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Aren’t those expensive?  She was delivering pizzas in L.A.

Yes, remember Brittany told us her wig cost $ 600. My chemo wig was twice that! Wasn't she selling vintage clothes to supplement her income (or am I thinking of someone else?) Maybe she got a thrift shop wig. 

38 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Daniele and Yohan - she and her ex seem to be just friends now. Yohan is being immature. Meet the dude for a few minutes. That is it.

Exactly! It's not like he's MOVING down the street! 

• Like 3

I know Debbie is popular on the board, but I was very frustrated with her this episode.  She criticized their home (although not directly to them) when I thought they actually had a nice home-a bathroom that we in the U.S. would recognize, several rooms in the home, nice furniture, etc.  She also insisted on riding the donkey even though Oussama said no at first and after he asked her to be quiet so they could paint in peace, she kept singing and then started in on what were the plans for the future.  I could kind of feel his increasing irritation (please, singing and Irish lullaby to a donkey in Morocco?).  Although she seems nice, she also seems like she is playing a character (as do so many on this show).  But, my biggest irk with her was the insistence on riding that donkey (which appeared quite small).  

Of course, I am also bothered by most of the other participants.  How does Daniele get so many men?  And how in the world does she give financial advice unless it's about scamming people?  

I laughed when Kris was saying something about drama queens and her mom said that there were two in the marriage.  Also very telling when Kris asked her mom about work that day.  Her mom, who looks retirement age, is still working while Kris is still scamming.

I just can't get over Nicole and her helpless act.  I think her whole plan was to keep whining and complaining until Makmoud gives in and agrees to try to come to the U.S.  Although this show presents foreigners as all trying coming to the U.S. (and yes, many of the scammers on this show are trying that), there are so many who just want to live in their own countries and I think he is one.  I think he knows that there is no way he would want to live here.  

Jen is almost 50 yet can't make up her own mind.  Her friends are so excited to be on t.v.  Oh, and certified interventionist friend doesn't seem like she knows how to be neutral or encouraging.  I feel for Rishi's family for when the friends "accidentally" tell them that they are engaged.

It's really all of the parents for whom I have sympathy.  Oussama's father seemed shocked that it wasn't the plan for them to move to the U.S.  The other parents seem to be doing their best to be welcoming and supportive.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

<snip> Jen/Rishi---the dude is not serious about a future with her. Time to cut it loose and go home. The "friends" are nothing but shit stirrers who remind me of Yara's friends from a past season. Not saying that there aren't a circus full of red flags here, but these are bitterly single over 40 somethings who secretly don't want anyone in their circle to find a decent man and leave the fold. Jen, if by your age you still need this much input and approval from multiple people about your partners, you truly are going to be single the rest of your life. <snip>

I disagree with your assessment of Rishi's feelings for Jen. I see how he looks at her, and how emotional he is when she has to leave. He did a lot to make her accommodations more comfortable for her when she returned - at his own expense.

He's trying to navigate a very difficult situation. He comes from a culture in which most marriages are arranged, with varying levels of input from both potential spouses parents. Indians marry Indians; preferably from the same caste. The parents of both meet, and usually the marriage proceeds with agreement from all.

Rishi has already made one huge concession in agreeing he and Jen will not have to live in the family home after they marry. Every concession he makes is going to be seen by his family as a rejection of them, and their culture.

It doesn't surprise me that he's taking it slow, considering. He loves Jen, but he loves his family, too. He hopes he can marry Jen and have her - and the two of them together - embraced by his family, but knows that may not be possible.

Of course he's scared.

He could take the easy way out and marry a beautiful Indian woman. But he loves Jen. Why would he go through all he's gone through for the past few years with Jen if he didn't love her?

I do agree with what you've said about Randi and Myra though. Although one correction: Myra is married. Randi isn't. But I doubt Myra's husband is as attractive as Rishi so she's just as motivated by jealousy as Randi is. 

7 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Agreed. Those seats should be in the last row of coach on the next flight leaving India to the U.S.A.

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Added a missing word.
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
On 4/23/2023 at 9:54 PM, Adeejay said:

When Oussama was telling Debbie about "his plans for the future", it gave me chills

It was even more chilling because he referred to it as OUR plan. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

(please, singing and Irish lullaby to a donkey in Morocco?

When she started singing I thought maybe donkeys around the world truly understand the strife of the Irish and they were bonding over that sad song... just me?

Debbie just could not shut up! It would have annoyed me as well but Oh-sama wanted to paint his masterpiece in quite, plein air painting is supposed to be contemplative but um, we saw his canvas and noise or no noise it was not going to improve his art, the outcome looked like one of those wine and paint activities fail.

11 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I just can't get over Nicole and her helpless act. 

I do not think it is an act, I think she lacks the tools to handle real life situations...I am 100% positive she is like this in her own backyard.  Her parents probably know this as well and rolled their eyes as she told them she married a Muslim from Egypt and thought, "Oh dear, here we go again, how much is this going to cost us?"

Jenn and Rishi have no chemistry and at this point in their relationship she should not be concerned about her friend tricking him in to texting with her because after three years (is that how long they have been together?), you should know your partner and trust them, she has never trusted Rishi.

Kris now wears hats to hide the track marks on her scalp? Seriously, the camera operator has got to realize they are filming an addict who is using...TLC does not care?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

It's Emily and her husband Kobi who is FROM Cameroon. 

Thanks.  Yeah, I realized this when I was watching Pillow Talk last night.  It hit me then.  Can't stand Emily and Kobi can't string two words together.  He looks to her on how to act, what to say. 

12 hours ago, Breedom said:

You forgot the guy from Israel. He's always laying there on the bed with his long bare skinny legs and showing us his feet. Between him and Kulani, I'm having a real problem tuning in. On the other hand, I don't mind looking at Patrick's legs when he's wearing his shorts. :)

Help a girl out here.  The guy from Israel?  I got nothing here. 

14 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Her mom, who looks retirement age, is still working while Kris is still scamming.

Probably gives half her earnings to Kris.  My mom worked full time until 75 in part to support my brother who hasn’t worked since 1992.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Alexi?  Of Loren and Alexi?

Yes. I couldn't remember their names. They seem to be very into each other though and have a strong commitment to their family. It's just the feet thing that irks me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

the outcome looked like one of those wine and paint activities fail.

And those people are drunk.

4 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Yes. I couldn't remember their names. They seem to be very into each other though and have a strong commitment to their family. It's just the feet thing that irks me.

I’m pretty much indifferent to feet and don’t understand people who are either disgusted by or fetishize them.  They are like elbows, just there.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

First Debbie is cooing to the poor donkey, “Purty, Purty…Come to Mama, Miss Debbie loves you, oh, give me a kiss, I want to ride you” and other inanities, then she starts singing an Irish ballad in a tune the composer never intended. No wonder the terrified donkey shook her off its back onto her non-existent ass. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7
53 minutes ago, magemaud said:

First Debbie is cooing to the poor donkey, “Purty, Purty…Come to Mama, Miss Debbie loves you, oh, give me a kiss, I want to ride you” and other inanities, then she starts singing an Irish ballad in a tune the composer never intended. No wonder the terrified donkey shook her off its back onto her non-existent ass. 

Those were the same words she used when she was seducing Oh-sama!

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Alexi?  Of Loren and Alexi?

3 hours ago, Shauna said:

Of course.  Thanks.  And yep, he is into his own feet. 

Alexi can do no wrong for me, including playing with his feet, and/or eating and/or spilling his requisite bowl of nuts.  He is the best catch anyone has ever landed on this shit show. 

1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’m pretty much indifferent to feet and don’t understand people who are either disgusted by or fetishize them.  They are like elbows, just there.

I'm not a hater of the foot; I just find the way that Veronica is always propping them up and putting them on display annoying.  Maybe it's because I keep watching the same damn repeat episode where she has all 20 of her bright fuchsia nails on display.  Must have been mani & pedi day.  Or maybe she gets a lot of love from the foot lover guys and is just keeping them happy.   It's one of those things where when someone starts to bug you, everything about them starts to bug you.  She should never have had her own season.  She should have stayed on the couch. Because that shit was cringey.

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

When she started singing I thought maybe donkeys around the world truly understand the strife of the Irish and they were bonding over that sad song... just me?

LOL!!  The donkey did seem to take to her though which was the funniest part.  Perhaps the strife of the Irish is universal to both animals and humans alike. ☘️

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
14 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Rishi has already made one huge concession in agreeing he and Jen will not have to live in the family home after they marry.

That is assuming they ever DO marry. Given the cultural issues, I can see this being another Sumit/Jenny situation. His parents caught wind of the relationship and arranged a marriage which he went through with due to the pressures from his family and fear. He never manned up and actually TOLD Jenny that he was actually married, instead the in laws showed up and dragged him away as she sat there shocked. Jen could easily be strung along for YEARS if things don't speed up, no matter how much he loves her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

is always propping them up and putting them on display annoying.

Apparently guys pay so much for foot pics that some reality stars like former Bachelorette Katie Thurston pixilate their feet in IG beach pics etc. so the foot freaks can see them only if they purchase pics on OnlyFans.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
On 4/22/2023 at 2:59 PM, Breedom said:

Debbie put a lot of thought into her gift for dad and the gift was meaningful. She's respectful, polite and really tries. Has Ossama's family members asked her anything or has Ossama tried to connect them? No. Debbie's on her own here and she's handling it graciously.  I thought I wouldn't like her at first, but she's (so far) a nice addition to the show.

I died laughing when she said, "It was an act of God just to get ready this morning." Oh Debbie, you've really grown on me. BUT, Oussammma is totally using you, and is trying to bully you into bringing him to the USA. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
46 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

I died laughing when she said, "It was an act of God just to get ready this morning." Oh Debbie, you've really grown on me. BUT, Oussammma is totally using you, and is trying to bully you into bringing him to the USA. 

100%!

Does Debbie think Oh-sama will be any nicer to her once she agrees to take him back to the states? Also, do they think he can just get on a plane and fly home with her, I am betting there is some sort of visa process that might be a lengthy one. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

100%!

Does Debbie think Oh-sama will be any nicer to her once she agrees to take him back to the states? Also, do they think he can just get on a plane and fly home with her, I am betting there is some sort of visa process that might be a lengthy one. 

This confused me.  When Oussama's family said something about Debbie taking him back to the USA, didn't he say to his family that the two of them decided that they would live in Morocco?  And then when he gets Debbie alone to paint he suddenly gives her the ultimatum.  Was he just kissing up to her while with the family?  I would have thought THAT would be the time to make Debbie start thinking she was going crazy, and have the whole family agree that the plan was USA from the beginning!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Kath94 said:

This confused me.  When Oussama's family said something about Debbie taking him back to the USA, didn't he say to his family that the two of them decided that they would live in Morocco?  And then when he gets Debbie alone to paint he suddenly gives her the ultimatum.  Was he just kissing up to her while with the family?  I would have thought THAT would be the time to make Debbie start thinking she was going crazy, and have the whole family agree that the plan was USA from the beginning!

He should have gas lighted her with witnesses just like Charles Boyer did to Ingrid Bergman!

Think she'll take the donkey too?

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, Kath94 said:

When Oussama's family said something about Debbie taking him back to the USA, didn't he say to his family that the two of them decided that they would live in Morocco? 

I think his sister even asked if he was okay with staying there and he said something like, "Yes, 100% percent" which seemed to come as a surprise to her. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
56 minutes ago, Midwestern Lady said:

Not to be completely obtuse- but I can't find this season of Pillow Talk anywhere.   Where is it available?

Where I live, it is on at 11 pm the night of the regular episode.  

• Like 2

The way Randi said she was a certified interventionist was the same way I told people I was a certified babysitter in 7th grade.

Debbie serenading the donkey was the moment I realized the producers KNOW that many of us watch this while higher than a giraffe’s balls.

A TV show where Debbie goes around the world and decides if certain places are her "nest". "They put up-hols-stery on the toilet and no no no no, i can't have that!" "I can make do, but this isn't making do this is making don't honey!" "The shower has a whole garden hose." "It took an act of God for me to get ready this morning." I am living for this commentary.

Oussama couldn’t hide his ugly for even a week. And I’m not talking about his eyes or teeth. Debbie is too damn old for this BS. I would snap his little twig ass into a million pieces.

Imagine breaking up with Danielle and choosing to stay friends with her.

Hit the💡if you find Fatima really interesting. We know she speaks at least three languages fluently, and she chose to leave China for Egypt. And she seems like a sweetheart. How did she and her husband meet? Did they ever say? I want to hear her story!

Kris literally told Jeymi not to work?!? I’m so confused about why she’s pretending she didn’t when it’s literally on film that she said it?

I felt really gross watching Kris high as shit talking to her mom. I used to watch Intervention and all that shit but watching her was super exploitative.

The interactions with Gabe's friend and sister make me think that he's the kind of person who belittles/complains about his partner to make himself feel cooler and more secure. It feels very immature.

• Applause 4
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

How did she and her husband meet? Did they ever say?

I seem to recall they said she was some kind of a "mail order bride" and that they had met on the internet. 

• Useful 1
On 4/24/2023 at 8:51 AM, lightninggirl said:

Interesting how Maccchhhmoooood is "not sure" if he wants to move to the US and not sure if he will like it, but he expects Nicole to be uncomfortable and live a completely different lifestyle in Egypt while barely batting an eye. Why did he fill out the visa if he didn't want to go? What does Nicole DO all day if she's not leaving the house? What happening to her and Maccchhmooood opening up a fabric/fashion business together? I think she was only there a few weeks in reality because her hair hasn't changed. I don't think she's that natural of a blonde, and I doubt she's spending time at the salons unless she's trimming it at home - her hair hasn't grown at all and she has zero discernible roots.

Now that Ousama isn't getting what he wants, he's gaslighting Debbie. Way to go. Debbie clomping around in slides at the farm with all the animal shit was just 😳. And oh my god, that poor donkey. I'm glad Debbie didn't break a wrist going down off of it. Nothing like a desperate immature man who's not getting what he wants. What a dick. I feel for Debbie as she's going to have a huge "I told you so" with those kids. While she deserves a little bit of that, she deserves to be living her best life wherever she chooses (obvi not Khemisset, but you get me).

I can't believe that Jeymi couldn't find ANY work in five months because there IS work there. I'm not being nonchalant when I use this phrase, but if she needed to support herself she could literally scrub toilets. I know that in 2022, there was a drop in employment for Venezuelan women in Colombia and their labor is definitely exploited due to their immigrant status, but Venezuelans have temporary protected status in Colombia so if she's working and getting paid under the table & gets caught they're not going to throw her out of the country. I am in NO way suggesting that Jeymi should take demeaning work, but she quit her job right before Kris came so she had to have a method of earning income prior to Kris moving there. Did I miss why Kris has been in AL for FIVE ENTIRE MONTHS? It was supposed to be a two-week trip to pick up her fentanyl narcolepsy meds.

I FF all of Gabe's scenes because my god, what a bore. Same with Daniele and her ex. Snoozefest.

At the beginning of this season, they quickly showed a bunch of photos or everyone, and Nicole was shown with red hair, and it looked so much better than her blond hair does. She is too pale to look good as a blond, I loved her in red hair.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 4/24/2023 at 2:08 PM, Goodtimes said:

Select her outfit of the day, does her hair, makeup, skin care routine, etc. 

Maybe she and her mom-in-law sit around and play hangman all day, don't need to know each other's language!

• LOL 4
On 4/24/2023 at 5:57 PM, Breedom said:

LOL, I read one of those questionairs in a woman's magazine a few months ago, 87% of women did not like men's feet!

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I’m so confused about why she’s pretending she didn’t when it’s literally on film that she said it?

Because she is an addict and a pathological liar.....even when confronted with the video at the tell all she will have some BS excuse. Like Big Ed when confronted with text messages that he sent to Rose, even though he saw they brought Rose on to talk at the tell all with Liz, and had to know the shit was going to be exposed, he sat there and insisted he had not communicated with Rose. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Applause 2