Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Father's Day

• Start Topic

Gary feels the weight of his first Father’s Day as a new dad and his first without his own father. Eddie deals with an emergency. Meanwhile, Rome searches for a suitable environment for Walter.

Original airdate 4/5/2023

• Useful 1
(edited)

Ugh. The return of Delilah. I hope she isn’t around for the other 4 remaining episodes. 

Edit
Ugh again, gonna put Eddie and D together. Hasn’t he suffered enough?!

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 13
  • Love 2

I think Gary may have been exaggerating when he said that you could find Taxi on TV at any time. I am sure there is some channel somewhere that airs it, but it is not exactly as prolific as Friends, which really is on constantly. Gary and Maggie seem a bit young to be that familiar with the show anyway.

I actually like Sophie and Tyrell together. But did they explain why they were on the road for two days to get from Yale to Boston? I guess he went to see her show somewhere other than Yale, but did he pack up his dorm and somehow travel two days to see a show somewhere far away? I thought a few episodes ago they set up that she was playing in New Haven.

I figured it out. Eddie likes complicated and weird relationships. I did laugh when Delilah was like, "how can it be more complicated than us?" not expecting a good answer. But looks like maybe Eddie's not getting together with Nicole, and they may reunite him and Delilah? Or maybe the actor playing him just has chemistry with everyone?

This friend group really has no problem jumping wait lists to get what they want. First Eddie with his Psych class and now Rome and the assisted living. Maybe other people on that list have been dealing with a parent that has more severe issues for longer than you? Gary was also pretty obnoxious with his sob story to to get a booth. I know booths are nicer, but you didn't need one. And maybe there were larger parties that really did?

• Like 10

I thought tonight’s show was actually pretty sweet. I wouldn’t mind if Eddie got back with Delilah because it’s the last season and I just hate the idea of him being with the woman who hit him. The Taxi stuff was cute too although I agree a little before Gary and Maggie’s time.

• Like 2

I think it says everything that the friend Maggie calls when Gary needs support is a 15/16 year old. 

I'm also glad we have resolved Walter's storyline.  When Regina told Rome he could bring Walter back to their house and they would make it work, I wanted to yell: "You couldn't make it work before, what magical thing would you now be able to do differently to make things work?"

I'd settle for Eddie and Dee getting back together if we can be spared a storyline where Eddie dates the woman who crippled him.  Even for a drama queen like Eddie, it would be too much.   

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Maybe let Sophie finish her song before pulling her out of class. Getting pulled out of the middle of class when you’re a teenager is embarrassing. Being interrupted during a song just makes it even more noticeable and therefore, embarrassing. 

What’s more annoying, Maggie’s “speaking through the baby” voice or Tia What Was Her Name Again?’s baby voice? 

Also, speaking of Maggie, when did she get all into this woo-woo, deceased-people-talking-to-you, dream interpretation stuff? 

Walter, Rome and Gina aren’t putting you in a home because they they want to. They need to. They tried other options. You scared away or refused to deal with every home health aide they found for you. You wandered off and took the car when you were unsupervised. They work all day (or at least Rome does), they can’t watch you 24/7. 

I’m still watching it (10:51 on the West Coast) and now Walter is “long gone” from his room in the facility? Oh boy. 

Edited by Frisky Wig
  • Like 5

I realize the show is ending and I won' have to watch it and still I'm going to be cheesed off if Eddie ends up with Delilah.  Ugh.  No.   

Tyrell and Sophie are adorbs though.  I'm cool with them.   

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

Re: Gary and Maggie not being old enough for Taxi.

I'm not sure how old they're supposed to be on the show. I know IRL, Allison is 37 and James is 47. I'm 35, and I used to watch Taxi every night on Nick at Nite, and still consider it one of my top 3-4 sitcoms of all time. While I'll agree that Gary overhyped how often it gets replayed today, I don't think they're too young to be able to recite most of the scenes by heart.

I usually hate when this show just puts people together conveniently, but I'm here for Tyrell and Sophie. They're really cute together, and neither of them have had a storyline that's worth anything in quite a while. I think them ending the series as a couple would give us some nice closure for both of them. Sign me up.

I would rather Eddie fall madly in love with the woman who left him in a wheelchair than with Delilah. That's not me praising Nicole, it's just how much I hate Delilah. Hell, I would rather Eddie sit in the middle of the street and wait on a random new woman to mow him down while not paying attention to the road before marrying her on sight than end up with Delilah. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 13
11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

This friend group really has no problem jumping wait lists to get what they want. First Eddie with his Psych class and now Rome and the assisted living. Maybe other people on that list have been dealing with a parent that has more severe issues for longer than you? Gary was also pretty obnoxious with his sob story to to get a booth. I know booths are nicer, but you didn't need one. And maybe there were larger parties that really did?

Because they are special and always go ahead of everyone else.  That's a pretty obnoxious attitude, especially when it happens over and over again.

10 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I'd settle for Eddie and Dee getting back together if we can be spared a storyline where Eddie dates the woman who crippled him.  Even for a drama queen like Eddie, it would be too much.   

41 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

I would rather Eddie fall madly in love with the woman who left him in a wheelchair than with Delilah. That's not me praising Nicole, it's just how much I hate Delilah. Hell, I would rather Eddie sit in the middle of the street and wait on a random new woman to mow him down while not paying attention to the road before marrying her on sight than end up with Delilah. 

Yeah, I'd rather see Eddie with anyone else than Delilah.  Nothing about her has improved and it's bad enough that we have to see her in these final episodes but the idea of getting back with Eddie is repulsive.

Father's Day.  How do they explain Theo not being there with Eddie being all cloyingly sweet?  Not that I want to see him.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
49 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Father's Day.  How do they explain Theo not being there with Eddie being all cloyingly sweet?  Not that I want to see him.

HAH! I said the same thing. But then I realized I was just relieved that I didn't have to see Theo or Kathrine for one episode and I suddenly didn't care.

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
24 minutes ago, Suzn said:

You are right!  I completely forgot about Theo, and I suppose the writers did as well.  I guess you could fanwank that he stayed with Katherine and left Eddie alone because of Charli's surgery. 

If my sister was in the hospital and surgery & my mom was back in the country, I would have driven nonstop to get home…especially since there were 2 drivers. And where are they all going to stay? In the magical house that took forever to sell in a huge buyers market that will miraculously still be available to them?

• Like 5
8 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Christopher freaking Lloyd!

They managed to get him for a cameo, how??!

Maybe by mentioning Taxi  100 times?  Then when Maggie said, "Christopher Lloyd is amazing in everything he's done" I figured he was going to show up somewhere. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

If my sister was in the hospital and surgery & my mom was back in the country, I would have driven nonstop to get home…especially since there were 2 drivers. And where are they all going to stay? In the magical house that took forever to sell in a huge buyers market that will miraculously still be available to them?

If Delilah was my mom, I would have driven 2 days nonstop in the other direction. As far as the whole sister thing, Sophie doesn't even know that kid. Delilah swept her off to Paris as quickly as possible and pretty well left Sophie to figure life out on her own, including a sexual assault. That doesn't even figure in the whole aspect of Charli being the product of Delilah screwing around on John. I would imagine that Sophie wouldn't have any interest in Charli's life, nor Delilah's. 

• Like 7
(edited)

Well, I didn’t hate it. Mostly ‘cause I’m a total sucker for Gary/Dan Dixon scenes (I see your judgy faces of judgment). But even I thought those two laid it on impossibly thick with the “Did I mention my dead Dad? Who sadly died?” bit to the hostess. 

With Delilah’s entrance at the the hospital at full-bore impossible, I began to suspect that even the showrunners don’t like her anymore, which makes the extra-anvilly hints of her getting back together with Eddie even more puzzling to me. I agree with the observation upthread that Giuntoli has chemistry with just about everyone; I don’t think the show actively intends for Eddie to be a straight-up horn dog who is trying to sleep with everything, but I don’t really see him with either Nicole (I like Rachel Nicholls, but, just… no) or Delilah. The previews for the next episode — and this is pure speculation on my part — hint scarily (to me) that D. will end up not going through with the sale of the house and that she and Eddie might end up moving into it together. (Please convince me I’m totally wrong!)

I figured Walter would end up being fine with the new fancy place. I did not expect to find Tyrell and Sophie completely adorable, and yet they are. 

Edited by Sandman
  • Like 4

The only thing worse than Eddie ending up with the woman who put him in a wheelchair is him ending up with Delilah, who can just fuck right the hell off. I still cant stand her and I prefer when the show leans into her being awful instead of trying to make us like her. Eddie can do much better than Delilah, who continues to be relentlessly selfish and horrible. She's a terrible mom who puts herself over her kids, she's a lousy wife, and just generally a huge pain in the ass and I don't want her around for these last episodes. 

Seriously, why is the hair stylist on this show so angry with all of their lead actresses? Delilah and Katherine have these birds nests on their heads while Maggie is always wearing her supposedly cute childlike ponytails, what is even going on here.

Of course Rome gets his dad into the perfect living home of their dreams and Gary and Danny use their sob stories to get a table, these people don't think that the rules everyone else has to live by applies to them, they're just too "delightfully quirky and wonderful" to wait in a damn line. That being said, I thought both of those plots were fine, not great but not too bad. 

Sophie and Tyrell are surprisingly cute, and while its contrived to get the two teen characters of the co-dependent weirdos together, they really do work well together. 

How weird is it that two shows I watched on the same day, this and The Mandalorian, both had Christopher Lloyd in them. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Also, speaking of Maggie, when did she get all into this woo-woo, deceased-people-talking-to-you, dream interpretation stuff? 

Seriously, does Maggie, an actual licensed therapist, treat her patients with a regimen of energy crystals, dream journaling and intermittent fasting or…?

The writers continue to write the kids as being super-old with Danny’s “Why are there no good umbrellas these days?” bit.  Well, old or Seinfeld.  Who is old.

The hair reign of terror continues.  At this point, I should be grateful that none of these women have ended up with trauma bangs.

Nicole: “Why didn’t you and Delilah work out?”

Eddie: “I guess the timing wasn’t right.”

The “timing” wasn’t right because you were both MARRIED TO OTHER PEOPLE.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
Just now, Lethallyfab said:

The “timing” wasn’t right because you were both MARRIED TO OTHER PEOPLE.

In fairness, until Jon committed suicide, their plan had been to leave their spouses, so yeah, bad timing.    

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
15 minutes ago, Lethallyfab said:

The writers continue to write the kids as being super-old with Danny’s “Why are there no good umbrellas these days?” bit.  Well, old or Seinfeld.  Who is old.

The show seems convinced that all kids are either perpetually 6 years old or 13 going on 46. 

• Like 9
16 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Maybe let Sophie finish her song before pulling her out of class. Getting pulled out of the middle of class when you’re a teenager is embarrassing. Being interrupted during a song just makes it even more noticeable and therefore, embarrassing. 

What’s more annoying, Maggie’s “speaking through the baby” voice or Tia What Was Her Name Again?’s baby voice? 

Walter, Rome and Gina aren’t putting you in a home because they they want to. They need to. They tried other options. You scared away or refused to deal with every home health aide they found for you. You wandered off and took the car when you were unsupervised. They work all day (or at least Rome does), they can’t watch you 24/7. 

I had the same thought about letting Sophie finish her song. They were going to tell her about her father dying, why not give her 1 more minute of happiness.

About Walter, I wonder if they have actually had him declared incompetent or gotten his power of attorney? Because if not, I would think they couldn't actually force him into a home against his will. I think he knows he does need to be there, and I'm glad he found a friend there.

8 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Re: Gary and Maggie not being old enough for Taxi.

I'm not sure how old they're supposed to be on the show. I know IRL, Allison is 37 and James is 47. I'm 35, and I used to watch Taxi every night on Nick at Nite, and still consider it one of my top 3-4 sitcoms of all time. While I'll agree that Gary overhyped how often it gets replayed today, I don't think they're too young to be able to recite most of the scenes by heart.

Last season Maggie had her 30th birthday (which is pretty unbelievable, but we won't get into that).

I watched Taxi on Nick at Nite too, but all my friends thought I was weird. None of them knew what it was. Then they took it off for newer shows. I'm 41. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 4/6/2023 at 3:38 PM, tennisgurl said:

Delilah, who can just fuck right the hell off.

No, really, ‘gurl, tell us how you really feel. Hee. Not that I disagree, mind. 

On 4/6/2023 at 4:23 PM, Lethallyfab said:

Eddie: “I guess the timing wasn’t right.”

Me: “Translation: ‘I was a cheating wang-rod.’”

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 6

I haven't watched yet, I'm going through your comments.

Regarding Taxi--I'm 44, and I remember Taxi being on when I was really little. And I occasionally will catch it on various TV channels. Likely it's not on all the time--although, apparently I Love Lucy constantly plays throughout the world on various channels, so it's probably not impossible.

I also kind of have the feeling that Christopher Lloyd will probably show up any time there's a camera and he's asked. I've seen him in random shows all the time, even with no rhyme or reason. Last time I saw him was on a rerun of The Big Bang Theory (a sitcom that I'm pretty sure runs continuously on various channels around the world as well), playing a random homeless guy that Sheldon subleases his share of the apartment to in revenge on something Leonard did. No reason for Christopher Lloyd to play that character, but there he was. This sounds like it at least was referencing Taxi (although sounds like it's pretty much slamming the viewers in the head with it.)

Regarding Eddie's actor having chemistry with everybody--y'all need to get a hold of Grimm. He plays the title role. And he pretty much has chemistry with everybody in that show, male, female, monsters. His wife does star as his initial love interest, but he has some pretty intense chemistry with the other female lead. 

But... Delilah shows up in this episode? Great. Not sure if I'd rather Eddie end up with Delilah or Nicole. There's nothing positive about Delilah except that she didn't put him in a wheelchair. On the other hand, Nicole's not Delilah, but she did put him in a wheelchair.

From what you guys have said, I'm looking forward to seeing Tyrell and Sophie together.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Ok…table for 1 please. I kind of liked it. I think the Eddie/Delilah possible love match came out of nowhere especially because she’s been so awful…but I’m not mad about it? I’m so confused lol. I didn’t want Eddie to wind up in a Luke/Laura situation with the lady who injured him. 

I was thinking Maddox was going to offer to be Walter’s home health aide or something, but I’m glad it worked out for Walter.

It always bugs me when they have clearly not newborn babies wearing hats indoors. My babies didn’t wear hats indoors after about 2 days old. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Christopher freaking Lloyd!

They managed to get him for a cameo, how??!

Psych did a BIG Clue tribute for their 100th episode and Christopher Lloyd was one of several from the movie cast that were in that episode. So he’s worked with James Roday Rodriguez before.

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, hoosiergirl said:

It always bugs me when they have clearly not newborn babies wearing hats indoors. My babies didn’t wear hats indoors after about 2 days old. 

I read they like to do this on TV because they usually have multiple babies being swapped in/out, and the hats make it harder to tell.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

It's utterly fascinating that Nash has been throwing the fans bones by insulting Delilah in the episodes, and so it would be SO like him to then just bring her back and act like she's actually great again. Like, WAY too much like him now that I think about it, so now I'm sure it has to happen (just like how Gary has to die at the end of the series, because death is the only way Nash can think of to wring some emotion out of the show). 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 4/5/2023 at 8:12 PM, Madding crowd said:

I thought tonight’s show was actually pretty sweet. I wouldn’t mind if Eddie got back with Delilah because it’s the last season and I just hate the idea of him being with the woman who hit him. The Taxi stuff was cute too although I agree a little before Gary and Maggie’s time.

That scene is one of my all time favorite Taxi scenes. I loved his character...until I met a guy like him in real life, which wasn't funny at all. But I still love the fantasy comedy character. And Christopher Lloyd, I'm happy to see him whenever he pops up.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:34 PM, Frisky Wig said:

Walter wasn't a reasonable guy before his illness, so he's even less likely to be reasonable in the midst of it.

On 4/6/2023 at 7:27 AM, Suzn said:

Not only that, but Charley's Theo's sister (and Danny's). So while they had a nod to "calling off the crew" (or whatever he said), I thought that Theo should be there, but especially Danny (who was taking care of her when she got ill, right), who shouldn't be babysitting a grown assed man. No matter how infantile Gary is.

I'm surprised/not surprised that the doctor didn't bring up the brain issue when he told Gary she needed to be operated on ASAP. Kinda important. But of course, they left that so Delilah could get her comeuppance for being angry.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 5

Why is Charlie’s last name Dixon?  Why is Delilah’s hair so awful?  Why is Danny having brunch with Gary while his sister is having surgery and his mom just got in from Paris?  Was Sophie a virgin, was Tyrell a virgin?  Don’t think we have ever seen either in a real relationship on the show where it became physical.  Not sure Tyrell slept with Valley, maybe.  What ever happen to Gina’s dizzy spells and memory lapses when she was knocked down at that protest?  Guess they got better “just like that”!  Wish this would end already so I don’t feel an obligation to watch it.😂

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

Finally watched.

Count me in as one of those who found Sophie and Tyrell adorable. Best part of the episode.

And do you want to hear something stupid?

Here it goes....

I can't stand it when they call Delilah "D".

I was watching it, trying to figure out why, every time they called Delilah "D," my teeth started grinding. And I got nothing. I'm not opposed to nicknames. I'm "Kat." I can't think of anything else to shorten "Delilah" to. But, I hated it. Probably always hated it but hadn't heard it in a while. 

Maybe I find it a little cutesy? I don't know. I wouldn't think a letter would be cutesy, but that's what kept popping up in my brain. Maybe because I find nothing to like about Delilah, and at this point, I'm thinking Eddie should just hook up with the professor that hates him than Delilah, who I've never liked, and Nicole, who, again, put him in a freakin' wheelchair.

Count me in on someone who hates Maggie's baby voice. But I want that Strawberry Fields shirt because I'm a huge Beatles fan. And I'm also now wondering --  did they approach Christopher Lloyd and say "We'd be honored for you to do a cameo in our show?" and then just write the Taxi tribute around that? Got to be, right? Because nothing about that was true to life. You guys were absolutely right about that!

And, yeah, Danny and Gary using their dead fathers also made my teeth grind.

Sophie's memory was pretty touching. But, was that scene in the pilot? I don't remember Delilah's hair in the pilot--was it the same as her hair now? Because I was wondering if I just forgot this scene in the pilot or if they just decided to film it now because the actress was back.

And, yeah, also count me in as someone who HATES that Walter can just skip over everyone on the waitlist because he's the father of one of the main characters of this show, and too bad for the people on the waitlist because their family members aren't in a melodrama on TV. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Endora said:

Why is Charlie’s last name Dixon?  Why is Delilah’s hair so awful?  Why is Danny having brunch with Gary while his sister is having surgery and his mom just got in from Paris?  Was Sophie a virgin, was Tyrell a virgin?  Don’t think we have ever seen either in a real relationship on the show where it became physical.  Not sure Tyrell slept with Valley, maybe.  What ever happen to Gina’s dizzy spells and memory lapses when she was knocked down at that protest?  Guess they got better “just like that”!  Wish this would end already so I don’t feel an obligation to watch it.😂

Charlie's last name is Dixon because that's Delilah's last name. For the first few months of her life they were pretending Jon was her father, so that's what they named her. I don't think Eddie ever cared about changing it, he just wanted to be able to see her.

Tyrell was definitely having sex with Valley. They made a point of Regina and Rome finding out and Tyrell being all, it's not like "of course I'm having sex, but we're totally being safe." Not sure about Sophie. She may have been because she was in HS when Peter assaulted her and she hasn't been in a relationship that we know of since then. But they've never really shown us her dating life.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, historylover820 said:

And I'm also now wondering --  did they approach Christopher Lloyd and say "We'd be honored for you to do a cameo in our show?" and then just write the Taxi tribute around that? Got to be, right? Because nothing about that was true to life.

Almost nothing about this show is true to life but I 100% think that's exactly how the cameo went down

• Like 2

Apparently Lloyd also appeared in a cameo on The Mandalorian (which aired the same night). Various headlines call him "The King of Cameos." It's a fine way to earn money and not have to do a lot of heavy lifting work wise.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Yeah, so I agree with others that somehow, Sophie/Tyrell was the best part of the episode. I figured they would eventually pair them off the moment Tyrell was introduced last season, as there's no way the show would pass up getting the two teenagers together (although Sophie might be a couple of years older than Tyrell since she's been out of school longer). But they do work and I'm surprisingly ok with it.

What I'm not ok with is the options of endgame love interests they've given Eddie. Not a single one of them work for Eddie. Delilah is a horrible, selfish human being. I thought they dropped the idea of Eddie/Delilah because of the massive fan backlash. I do think they originally meant for Delilah/Eddie to be a long term couple back when the show started, but the fans hating the couple caused them to drop it by the end of season 1. So them teasing them again just sucks. Delilah is a terrible person; she's been selfish through and through and has not shown once ounce of changing. Ok, sure, she apologized, but that's barely the start of what she owes Eddie. While Eddie has made amends and shown how much he's changed since the early seasons, Delilah's been defensive about her actions and then fucked off to France for two seasons. Sure, part of it was COVID related, but part of it was just her being her. 

So, no, I can't stand the thought of Delilah/Eddie even more than Nicole/Eddie, and Nicole literally hit Eddie with her car and caused him to be paralyzed. I don't like Nicole/Eddie either; I think what Nicole did is something Eddie won't be able to forget. We see how he brings it up CONSTANTLY with Nicole. It may be in a joking manner, but realistically, it's something that's clearly on his mind and something he won't ever forget. So if they got together and started fighting, I feel like he would be bringing it up. It's just something that would not be good for a relationship as he clearly can't truly move past what she did, and she would be constantly blamed for it, even if it's not outright. It wouldn't be fair to either of them to get into a relationship with this major baggage that would realistically be a dealbreaker. 

So no, no good options for Eddie in the long run and I'm just not liking Eddie's story this season. I wish it was simply about him starting a new career that can make him happy, and not about who he has to end up with because this is a TV show and everyone MUST be paired off by the endgame.

I'm very glad Rome's dad actually liked the home that Rome's student got him in to, because another episode of his dad grumbling would have been too much for me.

The scenes with Gary, Danny and Maggie were a bit annoying, but that's no surprise. You know what WAS a surprise? Christopher Lloyd!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Yeah, I just want Eddie to be single and starting a new career that he loves and he's good in. I think Eddie would make a fabulous addiction counselor.

And yeah, although he says that he's over being angry with Nicole and has accepted being in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, he's lying to himself. He does constantly bring it up when he's around Nicole, and his joking is pretty passive aggressive. It's absolutely understandable, and I'm not blaming Eddie at all for this. But, theirs would not be an equal relationship. Eddie has the power in this relationship. And agreed that the first argument that they have, Eddie will drop all pretense of joking about being in a wheelchair. 

• Like 8

It would be nice to see Eddie, or any other main character on a TV show, whose main storyline didn't involve finding love by the end of the series.  Eddie developing as a student and embarking on a new career away from music while being an important part of his non-traditional family with Katherine and Greta and Theo (as little Theo as possible) would be a great ending for his character.  He has already served as a mentor to Sophie, he can do some more of that, too, including encouraging her to think creatively about a career in music beyond performing. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
21 hours ago, Notabug said:

It would be nice to see Eddie, or any other main character on a TV show, whose main storyline didn't involve finding love by the end of the series.  Eddie developing as a student and embarking on a new career away from music while being an important part of his non-traditional family with Katherine and Greta and Theo (as little Theo as possible) would be a great ending for his character.  He has already served as a mentor to Sophie, he can do some more of that, too, including encouraging her to think creatively about a career in music beyond performing. 

That's certainly true, though it does seem in virtually every show that true love (in one form or another) is the end goal for most series. For Eddie, though, I might be okay with it (though not the current options) because not many characters in a wheelchair have that as an endgame.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

That's certainly true, though it does seem in virtually every show that true love (in one form or another) is the end goal for most series. For Eddie, though, I might be okay with it (though not the current options) because not many characters in a wheelchair have that as an endgame.

I get that, I just wish the pickin's weren't slim for him/us:  a woman who paralyzed him, one who took his child out the country (and generally treated him badly) or  a rude professor with a mean streak.  Nope, nope, and nope. 

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I get that, I just wish the pickin's weren't slim for him/us:  a woman who paralyzed him, one who took his child out the country (and generally treated him badly) or  a rude professor with a mean streak.  Nope, nope, and nope. 

Yep, that's definitely the problem with the storyline.

• Like 6
5 hours ago, luna1122again said:

Eddie and Delilah as some kind of romantic endgame feels like a slap in the face to the memory of Jon, who was the whole reason for this show to begin with. Gross. 

I think it's just lazy writing, like this entire season.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
grammar matters
  • Like 7

Maggie insisting on pushing her "spirituality" down Gary's throat was one of the most annoying things she has ever done. It reminds me of Oprah telling atheists that they just need time to find god that they don't really know who they are. It also reminded me of my very religious family telling me that I HAVE TO believe in god. Being an atheist, those things annoy me to no end.

Where is "home" for Delilah and Sophie? The house was sold over three months ago, they seemed to be having an urgency in emptying the place, is Sophie still living there? I also saw the thread for the next episode so, again, the writers just decided that those things don't matter at all. By things I mean: time

Regina telling Rome to go get his dad because they will "find a way" is the absolute hack in this show. Several episodes dealing with the situation, finally finding an solution that is so much better than most people get, then deciding that love alone will make things easier, so let's throw away all the work, all the goodwill of people who came to help and go back to the mess we were in when we said that it was unsustainable. Thank goodness this show is ending. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Just watching now (just realized earlier today that I totally missed two episodes).

Um, should the nurse be telling anyone who asks where Charlie is when she has no clue who that person is? She clearly didn't even assume Delilah was her mother.

I find it hard to believe that the nursing home lady would be so put off by a resistant potential resident. It can't possibly be the first time she's encountered this scenario.

On 4/6/2023 at 1:34 AM, Frisky Wig said:

Tough choice.

On 4/8/2023 at 7:45 PM, historylover820 said:

But I want that Strawberry Fields shirt because I'm a huge Beatles fan.

It can be had here: https://www.junkfoodclothing.com/products/womens-the-beatles-strawberry-fields

• Like 1