Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E09: The Women Tell All

DEL901
  • Start Topic

I’m so glad they didn’t select Brooklyn for next Bachelorette as many were speculating. I wasn’t interested in Hannah B vs. 2.0 

But I’m not stoked on Charity either. She seems like a follower and something about the way she speaks and her mannerisms annoy me. Petty I know.. but she always seems like she’s slouching and speaking from under a rock. I would have preferred Ariel or Gabi.. I think Gabi would have been a bit of a hot mess which would have been entertaining and Ariel would have the men eating out of the palm of her hand. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I think Charity will be fine, but I definitely would have preferred Ariel. She is unlike any other contestant. I love how direct she is. She is way too cool for the likes of the general recruits on this show though. So she is probably better off. 

I actually like Brooklyn. I don't think she is putting on an act. It seems genuine to her. And I think what she said to Christina and Kat was fine. She didn't "attack anyone's character" she simply commented on their behavior. And accurately in my opinion. Kat pulled one of my least favorite tactics - she did something that was likely to provoke a reaction, then when she got one she made herself the victim. So annoying. 

• Like 11

I didn’t have a problem with Brooklyn confronting Kat.. although it is a dating show and trying to maintain a connection should be the priority over not stepping on the other girls toes imo. It was the way Brooklyn wouldn’t drop it and kept going after Kat. Like ok you said your piece now move on. Kat didn’t seem to have the emotional stability to handle the environment of the show. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Are you planning on joining in her sob fest or are you going to donate your stock to her seeing as the show doesn’t provide them with this simple necessity and would rather they poke their eyes out with their pointy talons?

I prefer to surround myself with positive energy so when I first heard she’s the next lead, my first thought was the next season is a pass for me. She’s pretty and has a gorgeous family but that’s all I got. She has been dull af and there were so many beautiful and more interesting women this season and I doubt they all turned it down. 

Couldn't agree more!!!  This is probably the end for me--same old, same old.  I'm going to float down that river of tears right over to Netflix.  Or at least I'll wait for the beach!

Edited by Recyclorette
  • Applause 3
17 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Are all these people delusional? There was no chemistry between Charity and Zach so how could she have been F1. Stupid Bachelorette audition like it’s not obvious 🙄

Yeah, I felt they were forcing a narrative throughout this WTA to support Charity as their choice of Bachelorette. Jessie kept referring to her as if she was special over and above the rest of the girls.
And I think she knew she had been picked before they taped the show. The girls were all dressed nicely but didn't Charity somehow seem red-carpet ready?

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

Couldn't agree more!!!  This is probably the end for me--same old, same old.  I'm going to float down that river of tears right over to Netflix.  Or at least I'll wait for the beach!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471xmp4a74gu2tjfvsfx

I've been having trouble staying awake for this show lately no matter who leads it. It's become so formulaic, ultra-predictable, and totally boring.  Always the same lines, the same scripts, and the same drama. 
Choosing a dull lead on top of an aging played-out formula was a terrible decision.

Why? Why? Why?😱...
when they had at least two other very unique women in Ariel and Christina who would have brought something fresh and very different to the show.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Charity is The Bachelorette.  I wanted maybe Ariel or Gaby or none of them and straight to the airing of Senior Bachelor/Bachelorette.  Charity is a pretty girl- but she has a very basic, palatable personality and I don't like how she always tilts her head down and looks up like a puppy when she talks or is listening to people- it doesn't project a lot of confidence to me.  Also, I wonder if she'll tell her sob story about her ex's infidelity when she by default will be dating dozens of guys simultaneously to find her "person" 🤔.  Lastly, Zach's vow of celibacy during Fantasy Suites week reminds me of my 2023 healthy resolution to never eat candy again- not going to happen!  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

The way they announced Charity as the Bachelorette was so unceremonious with her celebrating all by herself backstage!  I was on team Gabi for the next Bachelorette, but whomever is named The Bachelorette, there should be a crowd and fanfare!!

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, LindaT said:

The way they announced Charity as the Bachelorette was so unceremonious with her celebrating all by herself backstage!  I was on team Gabi for the next Bachelorette, but whomever is named The Bachelorette, there should be a crowd and fanfare!!

I think it was done that was because it was filmed while Charity was still in contention and they didn’t want anyone to leak the news. That said, she’s quite beautiful, but my interest in her dropped as the season went on. Not a good thing for the Bachelorette.  

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Charity is The Bachelorette.  I wanted maybe Ariel or Gaby or none of them and straight to the airing of Senior Bachelor/Bachelorette.  Charity is a pretty girl- but she has a very basic, palatable personality and I don't like how she always tilts her head down and looks up like a puppy when she talks or is listening to people- it doesn't project a lot of confidence to me.  Also, I wonder if she'll tell her sob story about her ex's infidelity when she by default will be dating dozens of guys simultaneously to find her "person" 🤔.  Lastly, Zach's vow of celibacy during Fantasy Suites week reminds me of my 2023 healthy resolution to never eat candy again- not going to happen!  

Yes exactly about the way she speaks!! That’s what I was trying to describe but you did so better. It irks me. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, phlebas said:
On 3/14/2023 at 8:24 PM, Lamb18 said:

I started feeling sorry for Christina as the women ganged up on her. She looked kind of sad.

6 hours ago, phlebas said:

image.thumb.png.c95147b22e657fb9ec86b33552fd9c92.png

No wonder Christina was dissociating herself.  Some of the other women were trashing her while completely ignoring her at the same time.

🤣Check out Ms Mandrell's latest Instagram post - Kat is sitting right next to C and yet disses her as if she is not even there! Don't forget to turn the sound on...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp1QdQUgRxK/?hl=en

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

I don't think I can sit through another season watching Charity dabbing at her tears/face and then looking at her finger to see what she dabbed. Pet peeve of mine - it's like blowing your nose in public and then looking at the tissue to see what you blew. 

Speaking of tissues - don't they have any? Just lightly blot your tears with a tissue and move on!  This dabbing thing drives me CRAZY!

I wish it had been Ariel.  She seems so confident and self-assured.  Charity seems vulnerable, damaged, still hurting over past relationships, not really ready to enter another one.  I guess she belongs to the school of thought that once she finds the right person she will be healed, or whatever.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

I’m terribly disappointed in the selection of Charity. I think early on TPTB made this diversity decision and were too rigid to course correct as Arial organically became the one to watch. Such a miss. 🙃 

• Like 11

An article generated from the "Bachelor Happy Hour" with Becca Kufrin and Michelle Young claims that Brooklyn, Aly and Mercedes were all raving about how funny Charity is and that, being a therapist she'll be able to "connect with people and talk people through feelings."  Whaaaat???  They say Charity is an absolute "hoot" and they can't wait until we get to "see her for who she fully is."  Umm, we're at Week 8, she's had plenty of screen time, and we've not seen one inkling of any of this?  OK.  But Mercedes seems like a hoot!

Does anyone remember any instance where Charity listened to anyone else's concerns (and sob stories) and helped them through their "feelings"?  Did she ever even do that with Zach?  There were definitely women who comforted other women (even some of the villains), but I just can't recall Charity doing it.  I'm not saying it didn't happen, just that I can't remember.  I always picture her sitting stoically on a couch during sob fests unless she was the one in tears, yet again.

This franchise will never learn, although I did read an interesting comment on one of the YT bachelor channels.  A woman who said she was older and has watched for years believes that these shows have jumped the shark and have used attention from race controversies in order to stay relevant.  Interesting food for thought.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I have a theory about the Charity decision.

If I'm correct, there has never been a person of color chosen as the final.  Rachel, Matt, Tayshia, and now Charity, have all come very close, but never the last one chosen.

And with Rachel, Matt, and Tayshia as leads, none of them chose a person of color.

If my theory is correct, Charity will end up choosing a person of color, as it's not just that the network is choosing, but now that the main person is choosing.  

I've watched too much "Unreal", and seen too much about how production moves things forward.

Just as, I believe, Zach was gently guided to keep Charity around, despite their total lack of chemistry, Charity will be guided as to who to choose.  Just my theory.

I do think that Charity is a lovely girl with a very sweet personality, and I hope that she does receive her happy forever after, as she deserves it.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
8 hours ago, Recyclorette said:

A woman who said she was older and has watched for years believes that these shows have jumped the shark and have used attention from race controversies in order to stay relevant.  Interesting food for thought.

As someone who has seen every episode of the Bachelor/ette, I can say with the utmost authority, that there is no way in hell that Charity can be worse than some of the others that have come before her.  For e.g., Ali, DeAnna, Ashley, Andi, Kaitlyn, Hannah, Gabby, Rachel ....... I could go on, but I won't.  I know this is America, but everything doesn't have to be about race. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3

If the producers are going for more diversity, casting Ariel as the Bachelorette would've been their first ever Jewish Bachelorette.  Ariel was a breath of fresh air: witty, self-assured, great sense of humor and had a nice deep voice.  I always felt that Ariel was being herself around Zach with her relaxed nature, confidence and off the cuff jokes whereas the other girls seemed completely hypnotized, sickly sweet and incredibly submissive in their conversations with Zach.  Charity annoyed me with her downward head tilt and looking up through her lashes when she talked to Zach- and she cried almost every scene that she was in.  I'll still watch Charity's season for the hunky guys, but I'm on the fence about how entertaining the season will be.  Will they ever film the Senior Bachelor? That's what I'm really looking forward to watching. 

• Like 14
10 hours ago, debbie311 said:

I don't think I can sit through another season watching Charity dabbing at her tears/face and then looking at her finger to see what she dabbed. Pet peeve of mine - it's like blowing your nose in public and then looking at the tissue to see what you blew. 

Oh gosh yes! I really dislike the dabbing too. Peering at her fingertips like she's examining the goo she just removed from the corner of her eye is gross.
I posted in the Bachelorette spoilers thread about the endless dabbing and how I thought she might also be checking to see if her false eyelashes were still attached...or maybe she wears contact lenses. It seems to be a habit since I noticed there were not always tears when she poked at her eyes.

2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I've watched too much "Unreal", and seen too much about how production moves things forward.

I too saw Unreal and have never again been able to watch any of the Bach shows without at least some suspicion. My theory is they wanted a POC as their next lead and had Charity picked out from the start. I agree Zach was directed to bring Charity to a certain point and release her just in time to start filming this weekend. I wonder if she knew this. It would make her tears and eye dabbing when her date was canceled in London, as well as other behavior she exhibited to be rather odd.
As I've mentioned before, Reality Steve said that something was off/behind with the filming schedules and they needed to start taping the Bachelorette by this weekend. The next bachelorette lead had to go out at #4 or it had to be one already sent home which is why they revealed the lead early at WTA. They are supposed to start filming this Sunday.

During the first couple of weeks, I thought Charity would make a great bachelorette - she's gorgeous, seemed classy and intelligent, and has an interesting career in therapy. She lost me when she sabotaged a couple of the other girls. I'm disappointed that Zach hasn't acknowledged any of the misinterpretations he made and then acted upon during the season.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

If the producers are going for more diversity, casting Ariel as the Bachelorette would've been their first ever Jewish Bachelorette.  Ariel was a breath of fresh air: witty, self-assured, great sense of humor and had a nice deep voice.  I always felt that Ariel was being herself around Zach with her relaxed nature, confidence and off the cuff jokes whereas the other girls seemed completely hypnotized, sickly sweet and incredibly submissive in their conversations with Zach.  Charity annoyed me with her downward head tilt and looking up through her lashes when she talked to Zach- and she cried almost every scene that she was in.  I'll still watch Charity's season for the hunky guys, but I'm on the fence about how entertaining the season will be.  Will they ever film the Senior Bachelor? That's what I'm really looking forward to watching. 

I agree with everything you've said except I think we've had Jewish leads before...weren't  Andi and Ashley the dentist both Jewish? I don't remember however production really showcasing their backgrounds though. Whereas we were treated to a nice slice of Ariel's New York Jewish culture during her hometown (with the exception of her brothers' Bugsy Siegel imitation!) and it made us even more interested in her as a bachelorette lead.

It would be nice if the Bachelor shows highlighted the leads' backgrounds more...not just race but ethnicity too. There needs to be more interesting dialog...not just "I think I like see my like wife in this room" or the endless discussion of depressing stories.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I agree with everything you've said except I think we've had Jewish leads before...weren't  Andi and Ashley the dentist both Jewish? I don't remember however production really showcasing their backgrounds though. Whereas we were treated to a nice slice of Ariel's New York Jewish culture during her hometown (with the exception of her brothers' Bugsy Siegel imitation!) and it made us even more interested in her as a bachelorette lead.

It would be nice if the Bachelor shows highlighted the leads' backgrounds more...not just race but ethnicity too. There needs to be more interesting dialog...not just "I think I like see my like wife in this room" or the endless discussion of depressing stories.

You're right, thank you for your correction 😀! I completely forgot that Andi Dorfman is Jewish.  Ashley Herbert isn't Jewish, but she did marry the ultra-hunk 💯 handsome JP Rosenbaum who is Jewish and was her final pick on her season. I'm not sure whether or not she converted to be with JP or not.  It's too bad that Ashley and JP divorced.  I also wish that the Bachelor could highlight the leads backgrounds more too- and I wish the contestants could talk more about their favorite past times and not just stories about their cheating exes. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Even though we've had a Jewish Bachelorette before, Ariel would have brought in another dimension of diversity as a first generation immigrant. It's very sad to me that in the US - and on this show - "diversity" is categorized so broadly by race. There are so many different ethnicities and cultures, but this show only acknowledges white, Black, or a combination of the two.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

Even though we've had a Jewish Bachelorette before, Ariel would have brought in another dimension of diversity as a first generation immigrant. It's very sad to me that in the US - and on this show - "diversity" is categorized so broadly by race. There are so many different ethnicities and cultures, but this show only acknowledges white, Black, or a combination of the two.

Yes, this is what I was trying to say above...our country is such a wonderful melting pot, and I've always found people's various nationalities and ethnic backgrounds to be very interesting. Why must we seek to find out cast members' backgrounds outside of the show? This show is really just not intelligent enough.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

As someone who has seen every episode of the Bachelor/ette, I can say with the utmost authority, that there is no way in hell that Charity can be worse than some of the others that have come before her.  For e.g., Ali, DeAnna, Ashley, Andi, Kaitlyn, Hannah, Gabby, Rachel ....... I could go on, but I won't.  I know this is America, but everything doesn't have to be about race. 

👏 Very well said! 👏 

I will take one exception in that I think Ali’s season was the absolute pinnacle of Bachelorette seasons (for Wrong Reasons viewers). In fact, I think it’s possible that her season invented “Here for the Wrong Reasons” what with Rated R, who both had a girlfriend and was there to promote his wrestling career, hobbling around in a cast boot through the bushes and ivy, trying to get in every door of a restaurant as Ali followed him around berating him. Then, we had Kasey, who got a freakin tattoo to prove to her that he would always “Guard and Protect Your Heart.” After showing her the tattoo on what I think may have been the first-ever 2:1, Kasey was promptly left to die forever alone on an iceberg as Ali and the other fellow flew away in a helicopter. Then after hometowns, her obvious favorite, Frank, re-connected with his ex and broke up with Ali when she showed up for their final 3 date. All of the tropes that they try to bring back over and over originated then—and you can imagine how magically shocking it was seeing this for the first time! But what Ali’s season also taught us is that it really doesn’t matter who the lead is, it’s the contestants who bring the intrigue and drama and make the show.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Love this post. I've been saying this for years. Rachel Lindsey is always on her high horse about diversity but what she really means is black vs. white. Diversity includes a hell of a lot more than that. Where's all the fuss about a never before Asian Bachelor/ette? I am Jewish and would love to see Ariel as the bachelorette and get to see more of her culture/ customs.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Rachel Lindsay....ugh.

She was on Andy Cohen's WWHL recently, and when asked by a viewer if she thought Chris Harrison would ever return, she was smug and said no, never, that he's only trying to promote his podcast.

Who died and left you Executive Producer?

Where's your grace, girl?  Why can't you say something nice, something like "I wish Chris Harrison the very best, I hear his podcast is great!  Jesse is doing a great job".

She's spoiling the great thoughts I had about her when she was Bachelorette.

Rachel has made herself the queen of the franchise, and I am not. here. for. it.

OK this has veered off topic, sorry! 

Charity's eye dabbing doesn't bother me as much, as I, too, cry when I'm emotional, and sometimes, it's just unavoidable.  But tissues, people!  Tissues!

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

It would be nice if the Bachelor shows highlighted the leads' backgrounds more

If the editors cut out every “like”, “incredible” and “vulnerable” there would be enough time for another two hours of more interesting stuff.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
18 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

If the editors cut out every “like”, “incredible” and “vulnerable” there would be enough time for another two hours of more interesting stuff.

Just to tag on to your calling out the morons, EVERY SINGLE SEASON at least one idiot actually says "Zach and I's relationship."  I heard it no less than three times this season.  I do believe at least once from Zach.  I am glad to hear him calling himself out for "like."  Sadly, I doubt any of the 'ettes saw it in themselves enough to become annoyed by it.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 3/16/2023 at 1:05 PM, MissPriss said:

I’m terribly disappointed in the selection of Charity. I think early on TPTB made this diversity decision and were too rigid to course correct as Arial organically became the one to watch. Such a miss. 🙃 

Agree. I really wanted it to be Ariel. I was disappointed they chose Charity.

I’m wondering which of the 3 Zach slept with in the fantasy suite!

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

No one's said that Charity will be worse than some of the past bachelorettes.  The criticism of her choice is that there are much better ones.  It's TV, people want to watch a compelling personality and, sorry, but Charity is boring and her constant tears are hugely annoying.  It's so obvious (and confirmed by many producer leaks) that she was targeted as the next lead from the very beginning and that Zach was told to keep her around.  So who's making it about race?  

• Like 9
  • Applause 4

I love Christina's "self-awareness" video post based on her experience at the Women Tell All shooting. I came across a better copy of it on TikTok and pasted the link below...If you haven't seen it, please take a look!
I missed some parts of the WTA episode and when I rewatched I couldn't get over how the other girls just talked about her as if she wasn't even there...in particular Kat and Charity.
There was an article in one of the tabloids where the author wondered what Christina was thinking about as the other girls all dissed her while simultaneously ignoring her. That article and Kat's comment about Christina sucking "the energy out of the room" led to this hilarious clap back...

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I love Christina's "self-awareness" video post based on her experience at the Women Tell All shooting. I came across a better copy of it on TikTok and pasted the link below...If you haven't seen it, please take a look!
I missed some parts of the WTA episode and when I rewatched I couldn't get over how the other girls just talked about her as if she wasn't even there...in particular Kat and Charity.
There was an article in one of the tabloids where the author wondered what Christina was thinking about as the other girls all dissed her while simultaneously ignoring her. That article and Kat's comment about Christina sucking "the energy out of the room" led to this hilarious clap back...

Thank you for posting that hilarious comeback Tik Tok that Christina made- she's a lot of fun and a great sport 😆.  Zach's rejects acted like they were on a Rock of Love VH1 reunion cussing each other out and screaming.  What happened to their pageant smiles, forced friendship forever vibes and sweet baby voices around Zach 😏?! Christina could've been a good contender for The Bachelorette lead, but Zach most likely let her go because he saw her young daughter as baggage.  Zach can't go for that- but he can go for extreme emotional baggage, unresolved Daddy/Mommy issues and a massive collection of man whore ex stories in a future wife.  I think that Charity's constant crying sucks the energy out of a room.  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2

This is just my opinion based on what I’ve seen of Christina on TV. She’s either star of the show or victim. Not much normalcy to her that I witnessed. That can be very exhausting for everyone. I’m glad Zack eliminated her early and thankful she wasn’t crowned ‘ette. 
There were better choices even though TPTB missed them. 🙄

• Like 8
On 3/16/2023 at 2:25 PM, Recyclorette said:

Does anyone remember any instance where Charity listened to anyone else's concerns (and sob stories) and helped them through their "feelings"?

She did help talk Greer down after the tears when Gabi got the princess date and evilly drank all Greer's tea. Doing it while leaning on Gabi's door wasn't the greatest idea, but that might have been production.

I have no doubts that Charity is sweet and kind and just a great person all around. But the show failed to make her case for us. All we saw were tears and stupid drama with Christina Mandrell or Kat.

Worse, they missed an opportunity with Ariel.  I get diversity picks, and I would be fine if this show never had another bland anglo-saxon lead ever again.  But there are other types of diversity.  Ariel is not only Jewish, but she's outspoken about it, which has never been allowed previously (ask Andi Dorfman).  When ABC filmed Jason Mesnick's wedding, they asked him not to break the glass. They wouldn't be able to get away with that with Ariel.

And she's also a first generation Ukrainian immigrant. Given current events, that seems not only timely, but serendipitous.

Ariel was a gift and they dropped her. (Unless they DID ask her and Ariel said no. Regardless of what happens with the fantasy suites, I can imagine her being over this show.)

I read that Charity's filming begins this week?  If so, why the rushed timeline?

• Like 11

I thought the way they handled the Greer situation was good.. they directly addressed it and she apologized and showed she didn’t just understand that she was wrong but why. But it does make me wonder if that also played into choosing Charity. Like they would look disingenuous, pandering and performative by finally addressing controversy but then selecting another white, blonde lead like Brooklyn. I definitely would have loved an Ariel pick but I think the poster who has pointed out that there seems to be some anti-Semitism against those who support Israel could be onto something. But maybe it’s just as simple as Ariel didn’t want the gig.. assuming she isn’t Zach’s final pick. 

• Like 2

Several posts have been removed for being off-topic and/or borderline racist. This is not the place to discuss ethnic or racial conflicts so move on and go back to discussing this episode. Remember to keep things civil and that we do not allow the slamming of someone else's opinion, including on another board.
Please review Primetimer's Inclusion Policy and Be Civil Policy before posting further.

Glad that it's Charity - I can't believe those of you who think what Christina did was alright. That was low and underhanded and I'm sure none of you would be as forgiving if that was you or your daughter.

• Applause 1