Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Last Chance Kitchen

• Start Topic

(edited)

In the Restaurant Wars thread, dleighg said:

I don't think leeks are root vegetables. Or at least it's a stretch; what we eat is pretty much all above ground. Onions sure, and garlic. But yes, we usually think "beets, carrots, turnips, potatoes, etc."

Indeed, in the most recent LCK, where the challenge was cooking with root vegetables, Tom looked askance at Nicole saying she was including leeks in her dish because they are roots. And actually, I don’t believe I’ve heard anyone refer to onions or garlic that way, even if what we eat are technically the roots, vs. just referring to them (along with leeks, shallots, etc.) as alliums.

Edited by caitmcg
  • Like 4

Ok, YouTube put up part one of the LCK shootout for re-entry. I hate when Tom says watch it now on Peacock and Peacock doesn't have it.

I'm excited for part two (which I'm guessing will be the start of next week's episode). The winner would then be revealed entering the kitchen with everyone else. Go Sara! But I'd be okay if it's Chabel. 

• Like 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, buttersister said:

Ok, YouTube put up part one of the LCK shootout for re-entry. I hate when Tom says watch it now on Peacock and Peacock doesn't have it.

I watched both Part 1 and Part 2 on YouTube. It didn't pop up a link to Part 2 at the end of Part 1 though. I had to go back to my home page to find it. 

Edited by ProudMary

Victoire's excitement over being invited to judge (well, "judge") was the cutest. I'm glad Tom didn't leave her on the sidelines since nobody picked her as a sous.

I guess I can expect to be equally happy and disappointed next week. 

• Like 10
(edited)

The skeptic in me says that Top Chef won't be cool with the optics of an all-guy final so Sara will go back into the competition.  I like her, but I realllly like Charbel.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 5

Who knows what I think and why (😂) but for some reason I think it will Ali with sous Amar, Charbel with Sara (regardless of who is still in the competition) and Buddha with Gabri.  Why 3 finalists?  I don’t know other than I’d enjoy it.

• Like 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, The Solution said:

Victoire spoke really clear and beautiful French in this episode of LCK.

It's the official language of the Congo, which is where Victoire is from.

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

The silhouette of the returning chef shown in the preview for next week's episode appeared to be of someone taller and, um, slimmer than Sara (Sarah?).  But that could just be done deliberately to throw the viewers off.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

The silhouette of the returning chef shown in the preview for next week's episode appeared to be of someone taller and, um, slimmer than Sara (Sarah?).  But that could just be done deliberately to throw the viewers off.

You think?  After freezing the frame I thought that might be Sara's arm.  It didn't look like a man's to me.  I thought she'd be the one coming back ever since I saw that and that was before I saw that Amar was eliminated from LCK.  I thought the throw-off was what they let us see of Tom's comments, which I thought made it sound like Charbel was the one coming back.

Jus subscribed to Peacock and of course the very first and only time I watch LCK to see who will be returning to the competition a winner is not revealed. What BS! Has it always been this way?

(edited)

They have done this before, so you the viewers don't know who is coming back until the kitchen doors open on the TC kitchen.    However, the producers are getting better at not spoiling the TC winners, and the LCK returnee's identity.     They used to regularly spoil the winners on previews.   

However, as carrps pointed out, they do show the winner of each segment, until the last decision where someone goes back to the TC kitchen. 

I really hope Sara and Charbel both come back.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Rahul said:

Jus subscribed to Peacock and of course the very first and only time I watch LCK to see who will be returning to the competition a winner is not revealed. What BS! Has it always been this way?

Only when they're revealing who's returning to the competition.

• Like 1

My head says Charbel, my heart says Sara. I want both of them back! It seemed like Sara had the best first course, and likely the best second course, but that Charbel absolutely nailed the third course and Tom's comment about who best embodied the challenge seemed directed towards that course in particular. 

I WANT BOTH.

• Like 3

I'd be down for both returning. Hell, I wouldn't be mad if all three got another shot because I'm not particularly in favor of double elims this late in the game, at least on this show, but oh well.

It's funny how I've come around on Sara—I really didn't care for her in her initial season (I was firmly Team Eric), but she kind of won me over in Macau. And if she is knocked out in this round, I'll miss her little kitchen hacks, like chilling the meat grinder to keep it from gumming up.

• Like 3
(edited)

I am still pretty convinced Sara is coming back and not Charbel, but we'll see. I stand by the late double elim in a team challenge is hot garbage.

Edited by blixie
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 5/22/2023 at 8:58 PM, blixie said:

I am still pretty convinced Sara is coming back and not Charbel, but we'll see. I stand by the late double elim in a team challenge is hot garbage.

I was convinced of it even before I watched LCK so let's see if we're right!

• Like 1

I for sure wouldn't be mad if it is Charbel, he's a great chef, but I'm mostly going off her tiktok presence, where she is giving off major won it all vibes, w/o strictly giving away anything. 

• Useful 2