Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

When women kill their husbands, it always seems like they have to make sure the cops know that they had sex with their husbands just before hubby was murdered, A red flag for me.

Yeah, I've seen husbands say the same thing when their wives are killed, and that's always gotten my antenna up, too. It just seems a weirdly personal thing to be talking about in such a traumatic moment, and I would think most spouses would want to be discreet about that stuff, or if they had to mention it, they'd do so in a little...classier way, for lack of a better term? 

Plus, there was that moment right after her husband's death when she said something like, "He was the most important person in my life at this moment" and I was like, "...that's a weird way to talk about your husband who's just died." 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, I've seen husbands say the same thing when their wives are killed, and that's always gotten my antenna up, too. It just seems a weirdly personal thing to be talking about in such a traumatic moment, and I would think most spouses would want to be discreet about that stuff, or if they had to mention it, they'd do so in a little...classier way, for lack of a better term? 

Plus, there was that moment right after her husband's death when she said something like, "He was the most important person in my life at this moment" and I was like, "...that's a weird way to talk about your husband who's just died." 

Yes, it is like they are trying to prove that they have a loving relationship. Now I guess if the wife dies, they would/may find out in the autopsy that she had had sex before she died. But if the hubby dies? Nothing but the wife's word. And I think this wife was lying through her teeth. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

I loved the one interrogator saying something like, "If I were you, I'd stop talking right now."

Wasn't that the lawyer?  Or maybe he said something similar and I remember thinking it was a little late for him to be giving her that advice.  In fact, the lawyer cracked me up.  Either he's the laziest lawyer or he just knew he had a stinker of a case with a lot he couldn't talk away.

I was amused at her trying to negotiate them not putting her in jail at that moment or whining about how this has never happened to her.  She probably hadn't killed anyone before; although we never did find out what happened to Ben's dad.

On 10/19/2019 at 10:46 PM, LittleIggy said:

Yeah, I thought the second hour about how they manage to finally get her back to PR was fascinating.

I liked it too.  In fact, I thought it was one of the few episodes worth two hours recently.  The Box last night was pretty good too with the woman trying to frame the affair partner.

6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I'd like to know what happened to Ben's father  and if we're still sure about what happened to Ben himself.

I'm pretty sure Ben did kill himself.  He wrote a note and went out into the woods.

I pegged the wife as the murderer pretty early on as she wasn't being interviewed.  The fact that her other son also wasn't interviewed made me wonder if he had something to do with it.  But ultimately, I don't think he was a suspect because they didn't find his DNA on anything they felt was related to the murder.  It was her clothes that were in the wash.  Not his.  And it sounds like his interviews were pretty honest. 

While leftovers were technically possible, it'd be kind of rare for him to eat all components of the meal as leftovers. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Wasn't that the lawyer?  Or maybe he said something similar and I remember thinking it was a little late for him to be giving her that advice.  In fact, the lawyer cracked me up.  Either he's the laziest lawyer or he just knew he had a stinker of a case with a lot he couldn't talk away.

Oh, maybe it was! I could have that mixed up. 

But yeah, I got a kick out of him, too, during the interviews. I do feel for defense lawyers, 'cause sometimes, depending on the case, I imagine it would be awfully hard to try and come up with a convincing defense for their client. But yeah, some of his theories just didn't seem to have much substance to them, and there was still a lot they couldn't explain away so easily. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Was tonight’s episode a repeat? It seemed familiar. But they never got the killer .... just left me hanging and waiting for them to arrest the clown.

Man, clowns can't get away with anything anymore.

It sounds like Clown and Cowboy did it. I like that Lion became a public defender. The rare time where learning someone's a lawyer makes them seem less likely to be lying. 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Was tonight’s episode a repeat? It seemed familiar. But they never got the killer .... just left me hanging and waiting for them to arrest the clown.

I think it was but it wasn't resolved?  That's a delete for me.  I'm not here for unsolved mysteries.

• Love 2

I honestly didn’t suspect the wife right off the bat. Not until later in the story.

I knew it was the wife almost immediately. It's always the wife. But I thought the son who went shopping with her the next day helped her cover up the crime. I expected him to be charged as an accessory after the fact. I'm guessing they just didn't have enough evidence to charge him because it just seemed really suspicious to me.

I also thought the defense lawyer saying that the hubby had left overs for breakfast was laughable. So he wanted a "last supper" before he blew his brains out? Got up, stayed naked apparently, went to the kitchen, ate, and went back to bed to shoot himself?

The defense attorney was such a goober! I thought the same thing - who gets up and has a big breakfast of leftovers right before they kill themselves? Dumbass. 

The (other) problem with the suicide theory is that the wife went to SO MUCH trouble to frame the mistress! All those letters found in the back seat of her car! So careless.

• Love 6

I am trying to understand these family members who believe in someone's innocence when the evidence is overwhelming. Same story on 48 Hours this week. Can you not love someone and still use your cognition to understand that they did the crime? You do not "have to" believe someone because they are your mother.

But then on the other hand, say my brother was charged with murdering his girlfriend, and he insisted he didn't do it, but the evidence was compelling, I would have a very hard time, cuz I really believe I KNOW him. My mind would explode with the incongruity. I would have to cut him out of my life to keep from going insane. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 8
On 10/27/2019 at 9:40 AM, TVbitch said:

I am trying to understand these family members who believe in someone's innocence when the evidence is overwhelming. Same story on 48 Hours this week. Can you not love someone and still use your cognition to understand that they did the crime? You do not "have to" believe someone because they are your mother.

Yeah, I have to say, I was a little surprised by that revelation at the end that the son is his mom's attorney of record and that he's fighting for her release.  Maybe it's too damaging to shatter your family any further by turning your back on your mother after something like that.  Like he has to convince himself that it just can't possibly be true. 

Because I think in this case anybody who looks at what's available has to at the very least conclude that his mother's story doesn't make any sense.  If she didn't kill the father the night before pre-digestion, then the other options are: he wakes up to eat literally the same meal for breakfast, then crawls back into bed, then either shoots himself (and somebody else happens upon the scene and hides the gun in the garage??) or a unknown intruder comes in to shoot him in his sleep.  What are the chances that any of those things happened?  Pretty remote, I'd say.

What's not in dispute is that Anne perpetrated this elaborate scheme to humiliate her husband with this affair madness (complete with other characters like Barb's daughter, fake "together again BBQ Barb and Bill 4Ever" invitations, and letters postmarked from AR).  And I would think somebody who would do that has some sort of pathology that would have been present in other facets of her life.  So who knows what her sons were subjected to growing up in that environment?  Maybe Anne always has some explanation for how things aren't her fault, and that she's told that to Noah about this case as well.

I wonder what Noah's motivation for participating in the show was.  Surely he can't think that laying all the facts from the papers in THE BOX is going to convince anybody that this is some miscarriage of justice, can he? 

• Love 9

I've said this before but if you listen closely to the murderers where there is overwhelming evidence of guilt (not false confessions, wrongfully convicted, etc), there is one phrase you will almost always hear them say, which is some variation of "I would never be so stupid to do X" - where X is some aspect of the crime, planning, or cover-up.  

In this case it was her attorney focusing on how there is no way she would be so stupid to put the gun in the motorcycle bag.

Start listening for it and you will be surprised how often these folks say it.

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
On 10/27/2019 at 10:20 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

One thing I forgot to mention about The Box, was the creepy police chief (was that his title?) with 60 plus cameras watching a town of 800 people. WTF? 

I feel like someone should contact the ACLU! I would not be comfortable living in that town. When the cop said it helped for investigations I was like how many crimes could you possible have a year?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I feel like someone should contact the ACLU! I would not be comfortable living in that town. When the cop said it helped for investigations I was like how many crimes could you possible have a year?

I live in a town of around 2,500 and pretty much every building, business, gas station/convenience store, etc. has security cameras. There are probably close to 1,000. And I’m not including Harrah’s, which has several hundred.

• Love 2

I didn't think the cameras were a bad thing.  Mostly they seemed to cover the downtown area and they made it possible for the Marshall to keep an eye on lots of places at once.  I kind of liked him, his old west decor and his obsessive crime watch was okay with me.  That's his job.

10 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I've said this before but if you listen closely to the murderers where there is overwhelming evidence of guilt (not false confessions, wrongfully convicted, etc), there is one phrase you will almost always hear them say, which is some variation of "I would never be so stupid to do X" - where X is some aspect of the crime, planning, or cover-up.  

In this case it was her attorney focusing on how there is no way she would be so stupid to put the gun in the motorcycle bag.

Start listening for it and you will be surprised how often these folks say it.

Good observation, I'll listen for it. 

I didn't think the gun in the motorcycle was the dumbest thing she did.  I could see her thinking that if her husband had misplaced it himself that might be where he would have left it.  She just didn't think about how forensics would show that that was the very gun that killed him.  She didn't think about forensics at all! Broccoli in the belly. Wet laundry and bleach smell all over the house, but still her bloody gloves unwashed and barely hidden!  

Then after she came home and "found" him why did she and her son drive to a neighbor's to cal 911?  She couldn't have really thought an intruder was  in the house and it looked so uncaring.

Dumb de dumb dumb and still so surprised to be charged with murder when she had "never been in trouble before."  Like we should all be allowed one murder.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Dumb de dumb dumb and still so surprised to be charged with murder when she had "never been in trouble before."  Like we should all be allowed one murder.

Preach. I dunno, I guess my sense of entitlement is just insufficient, but I've never once thought, gosh, my long life as a law-abiding person oughta give me a get out of jail free card good for one homicide. 🤣

Edited by Jeeves
Put some stuff in the wrong topic
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

I was watching an episode titled The Threat early this morning, I somehow missed it since it was a recent episode. The old killer’s parole was denied by the CA governor and he did that this year after he’d been granted parole in February. That man scared the daylights out of me, I don’t blame his kids for constantly looking over their shoulders and wanting him to stay in jail until he dies.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=10156390614081420&_rdr

• Love 3
6 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I live in a town of around 2,500 and pretty much every building, business, gas station/convenience store, etc. has security cameras. There are probably close to 1,000. And I’m not including Harrah’s, which has several hundred.

Businesses having security cameras is very different from this situation where it’s all concentrated with the government and apparently monitored frequently not just when there is an issue.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Businesses having security cameras is very different from this situation where it’s all concentrated with the government and apparently monitored frequently not just when there is an issue.

Thank you, I was going to post the exact same thing but hadn't had a chance. A business has  cameras for their own personal use - to deter theft etc, and to use if there is an issue. These cameras are apparently paid for by the taxpayers of the town to .....spy on the taxpayers of the town. 

I was raised in a town of 1200, so 50 percent bigger than this town, but still a small town. Even to this day many of the businesses do not have cameras because theft etc. is not an issue. I could see a town that has a transient population maybe having businesses who have cameras but in the town where I grew up, everyone pretty much knows everyone and if you steal you are stealing from your neighbours. But again, that is the businesses decision, not the municipal government deciding to monitor the movements of its citizens. 

Which begs the question, what is the chief looking for? Jaywalkers? I think he is just a creepy person who likes to  sit on his ass and watch the comings and goings of the townspeople while getting paid to do so. 

Edited to add - in this case, Anne used to cameras to give herself an alibi - she said she wasn't at home during such and such hours, and the cameras proved that. Now of course her alibi didn't hold up,  but still, the cameras in this case were used by her for her benefit rather than to catch the criminal. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7

Even our churches have security cameras. For some thieves, nothing is sacred. 

Almost all of the ones here are for businesses. A few non-business buildings, like a place you can rent for parties so it’s not always occupied, they still need them due to kitchen equipment, tables/chairs.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Even our churches have security cameras. For some thieves, nothing is sacred. 

Almost all of the ones here are for businesses. A few non-business buildings, like a place you can rent for parties so it’s not always occupied, they still need them due to kitchen equipment, tables/chairs.

But again, that is the decision of the business owner or church. I assume they are not paid for by the taxpayer to watch the taxpayer. A very different scenario. 

• Love 5
On 10/26/2019 at 5:40 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I actually suspected the wife right away. Partially because I thought at first that it was a repeat of a case that was almost the exact same scenario, where the wife goes shopping in the morning with a kid leaving hubby sleeping, and comes home to dead hubby, Supposedly. 

When I realized it wasn't the same case, I still thought it was the wife. When women kill their husbands, it always seems like they have to make sure the cops know that they had sex with their husbands just before hubby was murdered, A red flag for me.

When the cops first entered the house and found the body, right away I said to myself that it wasn't suicide because if someone was going to commit suicide, why bother taking off clothes? And I would imagine even men would not like the thought of being found naked.

I also thought the defense lawyer saying that the hubby had left overs for breakfast was laughable. So he wanted a "last supper" before he blew his brains out? Got up, stayed naked apparently, went to the kitchen, ate, and went back to bed to shoot himself?  All this after his wife left at 8:30 ish? Or better yet, got up, dressed, went to kitchen to eat leftovers, then returned to bedroom, undressed, got in bed and shot himself. Sure. Bringing in the sons as the ones possibly who hid the gun after their dad committed suicide was despicable. 

It is really too bad that the sons did not cut their mother out of their lives. I honestly don't understand that type of blind devotion, and she certainly doesn't deserve it. 

I didn’t guess right away it was the wife, but then it clicked for me that I had seen this case on “Snapped” a few years back. “Freakofark” triggered my memory. 

• Love 5

Yeah, I have to say, I was a little surprised by that revelation at the end that the son is his mom's attorney of record and that he's fighting for her release.  Maybe it's too damaging to shatter your family any further by turning your back on your mother after something like that.  Like he has to convince himself that it just can't possibly be true. 

It's possible that the mother is pleading insanity or abuse to justify another trial or something, they didn't really elaborate. Nor did Noah say specifically he believed she was innocent, only that he is now representing her. He can believe she committed the crime but he may also have convinced himself there were certain mitigating circumstances.

• Love 6

This case leaves me shaking my head.  The wife was a big pile of bat-shit crazy.  Okay, so your husband has  a fling while away on business and then continues with the fantasy while back home (phone calls and such with the fling).  I can see being furious and I can understand wanting to beat the crap out of the guy, but Jesus, to cook up this thing by pretending to everybody that the girlfriend is sending these crazy cards and invites and going so far as to mail things to Arkansas to have them postmarked.  WTF????  Makes me wonder what other things were going on in that marriage with HER. Maybe the husband had good reason to seek some solace with somebody else.    And what also totally baffles me is the loyalty her sons are showing her.  They must have really disliked their father.  

• Love 7

She's a shameless manipulator so I expect she was the type of parent to make sure she was  the favorite and the children were steered toward blaming the father for everything they didn't like.  That type of woman also raises her sons to think they must constantly be earning Mommy's love and plays one off the others.

• Love 8

I watched Deliberate Evil tonight, and for the first time, I thought the murderer was guilty the second I saw his photo. I can see why they didn't let us see it till past the halfway mark. 

It's funny because his lawyers claimed he was a great guy who loved his family, but literally none of this came across during his interview. He sounded as evil and guilty as he looked. I almost couldn't blame his wife for not preventing the murders. In addition to Stockholm syndrome, she was probably certain he'd murder her if she didn't help him. Being in prison was probably a step up from being his wife. 

I can't remember how his first wife died. They should reopen that. 

Poor Nazreen. Poor Corey's family. Ali was such a monster. 

• Love 16
49 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

It's funny because his lawyers claimed he was a great guy who loved his family, but literally none of this came across during his interview. He sounded as evil and guilty as he looked.

My thoughts exactly. And the way he was ranting and flailing about during his interview with Mankiewicz didn't help his cause, either. If you're being accused of killing your son-in-law because of his relationship with your daughter, and you want to prove you're innocent, it's probably NOT a good idea to sit there and openly talk about how you're not sorry said son-in-law is dead because you couldn't stand that your daughter was with him. Just saying. 

I seem to remember hearing this story on some other show a while back, but I can't recall if it went into as much detail as this one did. So tragic. Ali's intense possessiveness of his daughters was beyond creepy, and I love how he kept claiming she brought shame on the family simply for marrying outside the faith while he's out there being married twice (not a bad thing in and of itself, mind, just noting the double standard Ali had going here), committing fraud, and now being charged with multiple murders. Gotta love the hypocrisy of religious extremists. 

And it's all the more chilling considering he killed a woman that wasn't even related to him by blood or marriage. He killed a friend of his daughter's just because she happened to call him out once and he seemed to believe she was a bad influence on his daughter or something. Damn. It's enough to make one afraid of what else he could've done had he not been caught. 

Echoing the sympathy and heartbreak for the poor families. I can't imagine losing two loved ones like that in such a short time span. They all seem like a very supportive, loving bunch of people, so I hope they've all been, and will continue to be, able to lean on each other.

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 13

This seemed to be a variant of the so-called honor killings in that he killed the people outside his family who were perceived to be harming him and not his own daughters. I wonder what happened to the first daughter whose husband was killed. All sick and evil. 

• Love 9

Ali was the epitome of evil. I'm a bit frightened he has a bunch more sons out there. I have to tell you, if a man I was dating had a family that fucking crazy, I would run for the hills. 

Has Josh been working out? He looked... healthier. He did a great job with that interview. I wonder if Ali would have let Andrea Canning interview him. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

We just watched "Under a Halloween Moon" last night and aside from the actual murder, Josh threw me off with his extremely awkward "sitting" across from the guy he was interviewing!  Dang! He was practically doing the splits!  Not a good look.

• LOL 4

I have watched way too many Dateline episodes. 

I was watching “Deliberate evil” and was happy that for once, it did not appear to be a situation of “the boyfriend did it”. There was nothing about him that even gave a scent of possible involvement. I didn’t even look sideways at the friend (Robeen) until they mentioned he was an ex. In my defense, I did fall asleep about half an hour in (my default position seems to be sheer exhaustion these days). And so far in I think it was only his word saying he had been on the phone with her. Imagine my surprise upon watching the rest of it today and learning about that POS Ali. What a monster. Destroying his daughters’ lives because of a deranged need to control them in the name of “honor”. 

Edited by A.Ham
  • Love 12

I just watched Ultimatum. This show never stops shocking me. It keeps showing me outcomes and murderers and motives that don't seem possible, only they happened. 

The one thing I find very confusing is that if it was the husband who was the malignant narcissist, spreading false rumours about the mother, and the mother was normal and stable, why were the police called to her house 12 times in 3 years, AFTER the father left? 

• Love 2

Deliberate Evil: I don’t think the monster’s first wife was dead. IIRC, she was blind and said he beat her (what a guy!). I’m glad his trial was presided over by a female judge and prosecuted by a team including two women. 

• Love 19
On 11/1/2019 at 9:51 PM, Melina22 said:

I watched Deliberate Evil tonight, and for the first time, I thought the murderer was guilty the second I saw his photo. I can see why they didn't let us see it till past the halfway mark. 

It's funny because his lawyers claimed he was a great guy who loved his family, but literally none of this came across during his interview. He sounded as evil and guilty as he looked. I almost couldn't blame his wife for not preventing the murders. In addition to Stockholm syndrome, she was probably certain he'd murder her if she didn't help him. Being in prison was probably a step up from being his wife. 

I can't remember how his first wife died. They should reopen that. 

Poor Nazreen. Poor Corey's family. Ali was such a monster. 

Corey and Coty's mother was amazing. Can you imagine her taking in Nazreen the first time, and then taking her to a friend's home after her father (which I think they both thought was the case right away) has killed your son? I wish they had said how/where Nazreen is now. I hope she has been able to have the life she wanted, albeit without her beloved husband. Though for all we know she may be hiding since her father quite likely has other sons ready to carry out her father's wishes. 

I really wish that they had not given Ali any air time to continue to spread his lies. He got away with murder once, and to give him any time to continue to play the victim was distasteful to me. I did really enjoy that two of the three prosecutors were female, as well as the judge in the case. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 10

Gotta love the hypocrisy of religious extremists. 

They always play the victim card too. Ali sure didn't do himself any favors allowing the televised interview. He believes he's been persecuted simply because of his religion. Well, if your religion makes you believe you can kill your daughter's husband then yeah, kind of. I mean it's really about his interpretation of that religion but he doesn't really get it. They never do. "Well, my religion says blah blah blah, so I get to do blah blah blah." Uh, no, you still have to obey the law.

Again, I'm afraid the show is running out of titles. Deliberate Evil? As opposed to what, accidental evil?

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 11/2/2019 at 2:10 PM, TVbitch said:

Has Josh been working out? He looked... healthier. He did a great job with that interview.

I thought Josh was quite endearing with Gelareh's mother at the end of the episode when he reaffirmed that Gelareh was like her mom.  Gelareh's parents seemed to be very reserved, so I'm not sure we saw a complete picture of how alike mother and daughter were or weren't, but that didn't really matter.  Josh seemed to know that her mom could use a bit of affirmation at that moment, and he seemed to make sure that he offered it.  Way to go, Josh!

I liked Corey and Coty's mom too, and I'd like to hope that Nazreen will continue to have a relationship with Corey and his mom.

Robeen also seemed like a good guy who was simply concerned about his friend Gelareh, and I totally think they were able to create a friendship  that worked for them.  I hope that life treats him well, too.

Last but not least, this happened in Texas where there tends to be a certain viewpoint about the death penalty.  In this case, I'm good with that.  It's what Ali deserves.

• Love 8
On 10/26/2019 at 4:43 PM, Lsk02 said:

I was all in with mom doing it until the defense brought up the coffee and him possibly eating the leftovers the next morning. My spouse eats weird leftovers for breakfast, too. But those letters, emails, and internet searches kept me away from full “reasonable doubt” I think. And they did have his initial time of death within the timeframe of right before or after they left that morning, so probably not likely he woke up and ate a full meal. I think. 

I don't think she would have been convicted without the 2 years of fake emails and letters. But their existence showed Anne wasn't the "nice, normal" person she appeared to be. In fact, it seems like someone who could be that angry and devious for so long could do just about anything. 

At her early police interview, I thought it was telling that not that long after the sudden death of her supposedly beloved husband, she was relaxed and smiling. She never showed any real emotion till she realized she was being arrested. 

I also noticed at her sentencing, that Anne did that no-tears crying thing that guilty people often do. Oh, and she asked the judge to go easy on her because she was a widow. 😁😁

• Love 6

I'm pretty addicted to these stories, but I worry that I'm starting to view everyone with suspicion. Like, "Hmm, the lady next door seems like a regular, normal woman, but THEY ALL DO! Who is she really?" 😁😁

Seriously, the older I get, the more I realize you can never truly know what's going on in someone else's mind. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I'm pretty addicted to these stories, but I worry that I'm starting to view everyone with suspicion. Like, "Hmm, the lady next door seems like a regular, normal woman, but THEY ALL DO! Who is she really?" 😁😁

Seriously, the older I get, the more I realize you can never truly know what's going on in someone else's mind. 

There was a period in my early twenties where I only had broadcast TV so I watched almost exclusively Dateline, 20/20, 48 hours, etc. After awhile I had to stop because I started wondering who in my life wanted to murder me.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6

Right now myself and my true-crime loving neighbor are discussing how we might murder another neighbor who is making everyone here miserable. We are convinced we have watched enough Dateline to get it right. It's just for "fun" of course. But then I'm like, girl, we are evil! ...but my therapist says it's okay and perfectly normal. embarrassed-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

On a serious note, I actually think I have learned a lot about men and personal safety by watching Dateline. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

I often think that I have learned enough on these shows to get away with murder. It surprised me that Anne went to such lengths to set up her hubby's fling, but made some glaring errors, She obviously was not a true crime addict. 

21 hours ago, pigs-in-space said:

There was a period in my early twenties where I only had broadcast TV so I watched almost exclusively Dateline, 20/20, 48 hours, etc. After awhile I had to stop because I started wondering who in my life wanted to murder me.

After seeing the state that some of these crime scenes are in - not because of the crime, but due to really lousy housekeeping practices - I sometimes wonder when I leave my house "If this becomes a crime scene, am I going to be happy with how the house looks in the crime scene photos?"  Please tell me that I am not the only one who does this - lol. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

After seeing the state that some of these crime scenes are in - not because of the crime, but due to really lousy housekeeping practices - I sometimes wonder when I leave my house "If this becomes a crime scene, am I going to be happy with how the house looks in the crime scene photos?"  Please tell me that I am not the only one who does this - lol. 

I do, but only when I’m leaving the house for a few days.  Not because I’m worried about my house becoming a crime scene, but because I don’t want my heirs to think I’m as bad a housekeeper as I am.

Edited by nora1992
Brevity
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

sometimes wonder when I leave my house "If this becomes a crime scene, am I going to be happy with how the house looks in the crime scene photos?"  Please tell me that I am not the only one who does this - lol. 

On one of these shows I learned that they can’t determine how long dried blood has been somewhere. A few years ago my boyfriend was pushing open a door in our apartment that has a plate glass window in it and he pushed it in such away that his hand/arm busted through and cut him super badly and he bled significantly, more blood than I have ever seen. After he went to the emergency room and got stitched up and the blood was cleaned up, I said to him you know that some of that blood had to have stained the carpet and subfloor below so you need to tell everyone you know about this incident so if you turn up missing they don’t use all this old blood to convict me of your murder! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
On 11/3/2019 at 10:30 AM, iMonrey said:

Again, I'm afraid the show is running out of titles. Deliberate Evil? As opposed to what, accidental evil?

I've always disliked how they choose such general titles that could apply to ANY episode. Can't they just use the victim's name as the title?

On 11/3/2019 at 2:34 PM, Ohmo said:

I liked Corey and Coty's mom too, and I'd like to hope that Nazreen will continue to have a relationship with Corey and his mom.

I hate to speak ill of the dead, but in his Facebook, Coty comes off kinda like s weird conspiracy theorist. 

But then again....i guess people WERE conspiring against him.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Put a bottle of eye drops in a soda and give it to your neighbor. Problem solved. 

I learned that on either Dateline or Forensic Files.

What? I must have missed this one. Is this supposed to kill someone? Isn't it just saline? 

• Love 1