Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

I'd think they'd know they were being recorded , but maybe they thought it was only for clients/customers or business calls as opposed to personal in-house calls. IDK. I thought it was weird.

My DVR cut it off. What happened at the end? 

Was there no sign of forced entry?

Norman gave up DNA so easily and talked for hours with no atty. He was the bf and father of the baby so wouldnt his DNA be somewhere in the home? 

I wondered if Norman had someone else do it, but that seems like a personal way to kill someone. A hired person would likely do it some other way (?)

I was horrified that the 911 person told the mother to go back inside that home. 

Norman and 20 women? HOW?

Was the ex ruled out?  TIA

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ari333 said:

I'd think they'd know they were being recorded , but maybe they thought it was only for clients/customers or business calls as opposed to personal in-house calls. IDK. I thought it was weird.

My DVR cut it off. What happened at the end? 

Was there no sign of forced entry?

Norman gave up DNA so easily and talked for hours with no atty. He was the bf and father of the baby so wouldnt his DNA be somewhere in the home? 

I wondered if Norman had someone else do it, but that seems like a personal way to kill someone. A hired person would likely do it some other way (?)

I was horrified that the 911 person told the mother to go back inside that home. 

Norman and 20 women? HOW?

Was the ex ruled out?  TIA

The ex was ruled out early on.  They said he was nowhere near the area and had a strong alibi, although I don't remember the episode going into great detail on that.

What happened at the end was that Norman had a second hung jury, and his butt was saved by one person.  The show interviewed jurors on the second jury who said that 11 wanted to convict.  One held out and would not budge, telling the other jurors, "I have a Ph.D, and I'm the smartest person in the room."  After that, one of the interviewed jurors said things got so heated that they just told the judge they were deadlocked.

Prosecutor said Norman's charges were dismissed but would be re-filed if new evidence against him comes to light

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

I've counseled women who flat out tell me that they'd rather share a man than have no man at all.  There is also the belief (on their part) that this prized Hunk O'Man will choose them and be faithful for all eternity.

And then they get knocked up and are shocked that he isn't as excited as they are about the baby. I mean, in this day and age with so many men who want nothing to do with their "oops, I didn't know sex could lead to procreation" babies, why are women still trying to get a guy this way?

• Love 11

Agree with everything posted on the Clark case. He was truly saved by our jury system. 

Did anyone catch the first half?  It was supposed to have new developments on the cyber stalker case, but I didn't see anything new. Did I miss something?  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Did anyone catch the first half?  It was supposed to have new developments on the cyber stalker case, but I didn't see anything new. Did I miss something?  

I thought the bit about Angela faking a cancer diagnosis and having fake chemo was new.  I didn't remember that from the previous episode.

Also, while I understand why Michelle is suing the city, I do agree with the cop.  In this case, the cops did do their jobs.  On its initial face, the digital evidence did point to Michelle, and it took awhile to unravel just how diabolical Angela really was.  This wasn't a case of the cops acting improperly.  They went where the digital evidence took them until it revealed something different.  Angela was simply a smart but deranged individual.

• Love 10

I think they are all a bit off, Angela is insane but Michelle with her initial God emails to her ex seems a bit....off. I get that she is innocent but the whole mommys perfect angel act just didn't ring true. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

She creeped me out.  Something's not right with Michelle, and the show seemed to go out of its way to avoid addressing it.

Yeah - I'm not buying the Disney princess picture they tried to paint.

I remember the cancer scam - just not all the details (e.g. the intervention).

• Love 6

Norman’s mother is to blame for his overinflated egothat makes him think he can date 20 women at once. An athlete who wanted to play professional basketball? And they show that by putting up one photo of a chubby nine year old playing AYSO soccer? Nope. At least Norman is praying for me, since I don’t believe a word out of his mouth,

• Love 8

I'm always shocked when cases like this come around and people think that the black man has gotten away with murder. Black men can't even sit in Starbucks.

There is no way, if there is evidence to convict, knowing this country and its history of race relations, no black man is getting away with killing a white woman. (OJ isn't black, he's OJ.) It's just not happening. Black men can barely get away with sitting in Starbucks, but he got away with killing this woman?  If they were evidence to convict, especially evidence that wasn't shown on TV, I think that a jury in Knoxville TN (which is NOT predominantly Black, and it's the south jury gerrymandering, as well as voting, I'm not even going to get on how my people were treated) would have convicted him (hell, I think that he would have been convicted on victim impact statements alone) very fast of killing a pregnant White woman. The evidence must not have been there. We're talking Tennessee. The home of the prison for profit (headquarters are located in the state), these people will starve their own in their mission to harm brown people. If they could have fried his ass, they would have. 

Tl;Dr if they could have convicted they would have. I don't know how people think that a black (Oj isn't black, he's Oj) can get away with killing a white woman. In the annals of the history of this country, that's just not been allowed to take place. If it has, it's a outlier. Norman is innocent. Sometimes burglars are caught in the middle of a robbery, and the kill the home owners. They're so shocked, that they leave behind everything that they were going to take. 

9 hours ago, rlc said:

Norman’s mother is to blame for his overinflated egothat makes him think he can date 20 women at once. An athlete who wanted to play professional basketball? And they show that by putting up one photo of a chubby nine year old playing AYSO soccer? Nope. At least Norman is praying for me, since I don’t believe a word out of his mouth,

Or perhaps the women are you blame for letting him date 20 of them at once. His mom gave him a ego so big that he thinks that he can date 20 women? I don't think mothers do that. Women on the other hand will permit that type of behavior. There's a certain type of woman that permits that, and those types were paraded in court. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Queena said:

I'm always shocked when cases like this come around and people think that the black man has gotten away with murder. Black men can't even sit in Starbucks.

The fact Norman was African American had absolutely no bearing on why I thought he was guilty.  There is not one part of me that believes a burglar would break into an apartment to steal a TV and end up strangling an obviously pregnant woman to death.  Yes, I guess it is possible but the possibility that a man who is about to be taken to court for child support, is behind on his bills and had plans with the victim the night she was killed is far greater.        

1 hour ago, Queena said:

Or perhaps the women are you blame for letting him date 20 of them at once. His mom gave him a ego so big that he thinks that he can date 20 women? I don't think mothers do that. Women on the other hand will permit that type of behavior. There's a certain type of woman that permits that, and those types were paraded in court. 

This I agree with.......I do not blame his mother for his behavior, it takes two to tango.  

• Love 6

Norman, Norman, Norman.......what a douchebag.  I believe he was guilty, but there was not enough to convict him.  The one thing, that I, if I were a juror, would have been a big red flag were the words, in his own voice, "STAY PREGNANT UNTIL THEN."  That was bone chilling to me.  "Please stay pregnant as I need to off you before that baby comes."  I, as a juror, would not really judge him for the multiple partners, either.  It takes two, and it sounds like the women did not know they were being played.  Maybe they did but did not care.  

No way did a burglar pop in to rob someone, between the hours of 8-10pm, and end up killing a woman who was obviously pregnant.

I believe the 1-11 then 11-1 is because he had high priced lawyer the first time, not so high priced the second time.

He did not seem all that charming, he was not that handsome (to me) and, forgive me, Lord, he seem short.  Maybe he was tall in all the right places?  

• Love 3

Deadly Circumstances.  One of those iffy ones.  In Norman's favor; Brittany's place did look burglarized (none of those oddly pulled out drawers we sometimes see) and there were burglaries in the neighborhood at the time, no DNA.  Against Norman: he had a motive (no childcare payments), no solid alibi for the time of the crime, she was choked and evidently choking is a "personal" form of murder, running around the scene of the crime in such a fake, "My baby's in there!" way.

I hate to say it because I'm more than 50% sure he was guilty, but I think I'd have to vote not guilty. The lack of DNA evidence and the history of burglaries is enough reasonable doubt. It's one of those things where my gut tells me one thing and my brain says another. Plus there wasn't any prior history of violence towards women (that we know of).

I was irritated by the dingbat 9-1-1 operator telling the very frightened mother to ENTER the apartment to look for her daughter.  

I wondered about that too. If there were a burglary it seems like the logical thing is to warn the caller to stay out of the house. But maybe the operator was more focused on the daughter and checking to see if she was all right - I can't remember if her mother told the operator there seemed to have been a burglary. I don't think she did, I think she just said the apartment was all messed up.

It's a shame that there are so many women with very low self-esteem.

Norman definitely had a type - all the women we saw were about the same age, white women who were slightly overweight and not exactly head-turning attractive. I think "predatory" is a good word to describe him - he knows exactly who to go after.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AnnieHeights said:

The fact Norman was African American had absolutely no bearing on why I thought he was guilty.  There is not one part of me that believes a burglar would break into an apartment to steal a TV and end up strangling an obviously pregnant woman to death.  Yes, I guess it is possible but the possibility that a man who is about to be taken to court for child support, is behind on his bills and had plans with the victim the night she was killed is far greater.   

Agreed that I think Norman's guilty because I think he's guilty, not because he's African-American.  I'd think the same if he were any race given the set of circumstances.  At no point was it ever said that the robberies were violent, that anyone got hurt.  I would think that would have come up in the episode.  It is a very huge and coincidental jump for me to believe that robbers who were intent on stealing and doing property damage would suddenly decide to kill a pregnant woman...especially a woman whom they could see was pregnant. It makes far more sense to me that Norman would know about the break-ins in Brittany's building and use that to his advantage. Brittany's death would specifically benefit Norman.  The possibility that some robbers would just happen to target Brittany's apartment seems far too random for me to believe that Norman was not involved.

Or perhaps the women are you blame for letting him date 20 of them at once.

You're absolutely right that I think he's a dog, but there are plenty of white men (and men of other races) who are also dogs.  There's a difference between being a horndog and a killer.  If a bunch of incredibly dumb women want to sleep with Norman, I believe the women have a right to be that dumb.  I also believe that Norman killed Brittany or had her killed.

I don't think mothers do that.

ETA: "Blame" may not be the right word for Norman's mother, but I do think she's accountable in the sense that she talks about him as though he hung the moon.  From that, I infer that she likely parented him in a similar way, which set the stage for him to develop the notion that he was somehow "all that."  He is ultimately responsible for his choices, but his mother's choices set the stage for Norman to view his choices as acceptable.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I hate to say it because I'm more than 50% sure he was guilty, but I think I'd have to vote not guilty. The lack of DNA evidence and the history of burglaries is enough reasonable doubt. It's one of those things where my gut tells me one thing and my brain says another. Plus there wasn't any prior history of violence towards women (that we know of).

I wondered about that too. If there were a burglary it seems like the logical thing is to warn the caller to stay out of the house. But maybe the operator was more focused on the daughter and checking to see if she was all right - I can't remember if her mother told the operator there seemed to have been a burglary. I don't think she did, I think she just said the apartment was all messed up.

Norman definitely had a type - all the women we saw were about the same age, white women who were slightly overweight and not exactly head-turning attractive. I think "predatory" is a good word to describe him - he knows exactly who to go after.

Yep - a lot of those ladies on the stand sure look similar.  Had I worked with Norman he would have avoided me.  Am I a stunner?  No.  Am I bit "fluffy?"  Maybe.... I do have a "don't feed me that crap" look about me, though, lol.  He really honed on in on that "Yes, I would love be flirted with....thank you!" type of woman.  I do wonder how anyone got any work done.

Kudos to poster upthread who finally said something about that DAMN BACKWARDS RED HAT on the brother.  Dude, NBC News is here.  Take.  Off. The. Hat.

• Love 1

Another thing about strangulation besides it being personal is that it takes time.  I'd be more inclined to consider the robber theory if Brittany had been shot or hit on the head.  That's more of  a "oh crap, someone's home" rash reaction.  I think it was 48 Hours where a prosecutor showed how long it actually took to strangle someone to death.  It was not quick, and then there's the added issue of getting close enough or positioning a pregnant woman in order to strangle her.  That's a lot of maneuvering, and I still believe that robbers would just as easily bail, leave the apartment, and lay low or leave town.  If they really wanted to kill her for catching them robbing her place, I think the closest heavy object would have been what they used,  Then they'd be gone.  Strangulation points to Norman, in my opinion.

• Love 9

Echoing the sentiments here...I think it's probable that Norman did it but there just wasn't enough information for me to say definitively. I also noticed he had a type, and sadly, it fits with the stereotype that black guys go for heavyset white women/white men's castoffs (gross, I know, but it really is a common stereotype). I also agree that he was no prize at all having nothing to offer but, well, penis. My ears perked up when his alibi was that he was sleeping over at one of his gf's homes (to escape that basement, no doubt). I bet he got sex and a hot meal there, too. Ladies, we have to do better.

Quick question; Trump had a press conference which interrupted the first 15 minutes of Cold-Blooded, which aired on the 13th. I have been waiting for NBC to post the episode on their site but for some reason they have posted every episode BUT that one. Does anyone know anywhere else I can watch?  

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

Quick question; Trump had a press conference which interrupted the first 15 minutes of Cold-Blooded, which aired on the 13th. I have been waiting for NBC to post the episode on their site but for some reason they have posted every episode BUT that one. Does anyone know anywhere else I can watch?  

There must be some rights issue with it where they can't post it. It sucks that this just happens to be an episode that got partially preempted. I wouldn't have bailed on it if I'd known it wouldn't be going online.

I've looked for it elsewhere and haven't had any luck, but I'll post a link if I find one.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Stampiron said:

There must be some rights issue with it where they can't post it. It sucks that this just happens to be an episode that got partially preempted. I wouldn't have bailed on it if I'd known it wouldn't be going online.

I've looked for it elsewhere and haven't had any luck, but I'll post a link if I find one.

Ugh, that sucks! Thanks for this. I guess I'll just watch my partial recording then.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I believe the 1-11 then 11-1 is because he had high priced lawyer the first time, not so high priced the second time.

You would think that the second lawyer would follow the first lawyer as to how to defend Norman. Maybe the prosecutors had more evidence in the second trial that the first? I only remember the two jurors interviewed from the second trial saying that the hold out had a PhD and said he was smarter than everyone else. I would love to know why the majority of the first jury voted to let Norman go, and the majority of the second trial voted to convict him. I wonder if a trail could have been decided by the  judge, what the outcome would have been?

I thought the scene looked totally staged for a burglary, and as others have pointed out it is unlikely that a stranger is going to strangle a 8 1/2 months pregnant woman. I do think Norman is guilty, but I don't think that at least with what we were shown, I could convict him. I would like to convict all those women he was sleeping with though of having terrible taste in men. If I was Norman's mother, I would have been appalled that my son who was incapable of supporting himself was bedding so many women, and procreating like it was a sport. Norman seemed to think he was something, that he could get all these women to sleep with him. But just like if you set your standards low enough you can get someone to marry you, if you set your standards low enough you can get someone to sleep with you. 

• Love 4

Motive and opportunity count as "evidence," although it would certainly be considered circumstantial. The reasonable doubt is the fact that there was unidentified male DNA found at the crime scene that did not match Norman. That, combined with the recent burglaries in the area and a lack of documented prior history of violence towards women is what would compel me to not vote guilty.

• Love 2

I want to say that I think 48 Hours did this case, although Dateline might have done it, too.  They always seem to overlap.  I stuck this in both forums because I can't remember which show has done it or if both of them have.

After a more than 40-year search, authorities think they have the Golden State Killer in custody

Text of a news update:

Authorities think they have the Golden State Killer in custody
A person believed to be the so-called Golden State Killer -- accused of 12 killings and 45 rapes across California from 1976 to 1986 -- is under arrest, FBI spokeswoman Angela Bell said Wednesday.
Bell would not identify the suspect but authorities in Sacramento are expected to release more information at a news conference scheduled for 3 p.m. ET.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That, combined with the recent burglaries in the area and a lack of documented prior history of violence towards women is what would compel me to not vote guilty.

Luckily, Norman wasn't acquitted.  Two juries were hung, so I'm hoping one day new evidence comes to light and the prosecutor tries again with that evidence in hand.

• Love 3
On 1/13/2018 at 12:48 PM, Annber03 said:

Dang, @cooksdelight, how scary! So glad you managed to escape his clutches. 

I didn't understand that, either. I could never imagine my mom being like that if my sister or I tried to warn her about some guy she was seeing. We all trust each other's judgment, so if any one of us spoke up with suspicions about some guy, at the very least, we'd hear them out, and I know we'd ultimately side with each other in the end. We'd certainly never shut each other out or anything like that. 

I can’t believe the mom ignored the red flag of this “anesthesiologist” having dirty fingernails. At the very least, it meant he was unbelievably gross. (ETA he would have been a very gross “anesthesiologist.”)

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 3

Oregon cops are good guys in every way and the exact kind of people you want to wear the badge. Great work on their part. Now the California cops who arrested the victim of a kidnapping for which she was ultimately strip searched and held for 18 hours? Maybe not so much.

I've never hoped for a law suit more than I did after hearing Aundrea tell that part of her story and never more have I wanted to hug Keith for his no holds barred reaction to finding out the girl had been stripped searched. That was right up there with his disgust at Aundrea saying Lara licked her ear. I don't want the correspondent to sit stoically when people tell their horrible stories. It makes me feel better to see my look on their face.

I feel for the boyfriend as well as Kaylee's family. They all seemed like good people. My heart breaks for them.

In addition to being a murderer, robber, and kidnapper, EDWIN LARA IS A RAPIST. Just had to get that out.

• Love 18

Aundrea had faced down a murderer with a gun when she refused to shower for his ogling pleasure -- and then was  forced to get naked for the police!

I admire her so much.  Heck, I was already impressed with anyone who could do a double shift at the "Dress Barn," then to keep so cool and so strong in such horrific circumstances like that?  Just awesome.

• Love 16
5 hours ago, The Closer said:

I've never hoped for a law suit more than I did after hearing Aundrea tell that part of her story and never more have I wanted to hug Keith for his no holds barred reaction to finding out the girl had been stripped searched.

Damn straight!  Sure, she should have been taken back to the station and questioned, but it should have been obvious from the totality of the circumstances--she was cuffed by Lara, the other people in that car saw she was kidnapped, Lara confessed on camera that he recorded on her phone that he kidnapped her, what she and Lara told the 911 operator--not to mention that the Oregon cops were on their way down for Lara and knew what he did.  Being strip searched and held in jail for over 15 hours (can't remember if it was 17 or 18 hours) is entirely too much and the CA cops should have long figured out she wasn't in on the kidnappings, carjackings, and attempted murder of the guy at the hotel before that much time passed.

While I kinda get the judge letting the victim impact statements go on to such a degree, he really should have shut Lara up when Lara started praying toward the observers' gallery in the courtroom.  That was a bit much and it wasn't going to impact the sentence or outcome of the plea hearing.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, The Closer said:

In addition to being a murderer, robber, and kidnapper, EDWIN LARA IS A RAPIST. Just had to get that out.

I'll go one step further, and surmise that EDWIN LARA IS A NECROPHILIAC.  There.  I said it.  He confessed to raping his victim as she lay dying, and then finishing her off.  I suspect he is minimizing the sexual aspect of his crimes, as most other perverts have done in the past.  And even if I'm wrong, I am not sorry - his odious behavior, especially in court, when he was pretending to pray for the family, warrants this and a whole lot more.

• Love 13

I don't think the CA police were wrong to question Aundrea....just to be sure that all the details matched what they already knew....but a strip search and 18 hours in jail?  NOOOO.  Plus, I read last night that the CA police never allowed Edwin Lara to call a lawyer....so his rights were violated by them.  On the other hand, I can understand their hesitating knowing the Oregon police were on their way....but eventually he would probably be tried in CA for the shooting in the motel and the kidnapping of the family.  With that in mind, be sure to cross all the Ts and dot all the Is very carefully.

When Lara was offering that alleged prayer for the family after the sentencing hearing....I was hoping someone would deck him...hard.

Didn't Lara brag to Aundrea that he came from a family of criminals....living in Los Angeles?  Who know if that was just b.s. or not....but if true, why did that woman marry him?  And speaking of the wife...why didn't she contact the police the minute Edwin left home...and not sit on a chair hours later waiting to see a member of the Bend police force?  And why did she lie to them about Edwin not having any family in the area to run to -- when his stepfather lived just a couple of blocks away.

• Love 5

BS that the wife didn't call LE immediately instead of waiting in a chair for who knows how long, giving him a head start

Aundrea should have said, "yes" when the 911 person asked if she needed medical assistance even if it were  a panic attack and psychological trauma. She was so calm and seemingly unharmed that they assumed she was in on it. That is horrifying that a kidnapping VICTIM was strip searched. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

If you were kidnapped like that girl in the latest episode, would you try to escape and how? One of my musings was: If the kidnapper weren’t wearing a seatbelt, I would slam on the brakes.

Not blaming Aundrea, obviously she did what she did and ended up alive however I kept thinking the same thing, I would have caused a wreck, ran into another car anything.  And when they stopped at McDonalds I kept thinking I would so just run, I know he told her he would shoot everyone but I kept thinking surely she is going to run at McDonalds...she clearly was able to get into his mind a bit and that is for sure what saved her life.  I also am like the cops at the end I wonder what else he has done that no one knows about.

• Love 5

She survived so she did whatever was right for her. If it were me and if I were handcuffed  to my two hands (not handcuffed to furniture) I"d have bolted while he was in the shower

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sinycalone said:

When Lara was offering that alleged prayer for the family after the sentencing hearing....I was hoping someone would deck him...hard.

Remember that father of the two gymnasts who tried to go after Larry Nasser in the courtroom and almost got to him?....Yup, I was hoping someone would try that with Edwin.  P.O.S.  I understand why Kaylee's mom wouldn't want to deal with the death penalty...too hard on her for two long, and I thought it was lovely of that retired  judge to have explained all that to her.  All of that said, I would have voted for frying Edwin like a turkey...for what he did to Kaylee and Aundrea.

Not blaming Aundrea, obviously she did what she did and ended up alive

ETA: I can understand why she didn't run.  When talking about her captivity, Elizabeth Smart said that she also had opportunities, to flee but she didn't take them.   Under that kind of trauma and stress, things become very complicated, and I'm sure Aundrea's mind was all over the place.  I'm just glad she's alive.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 7

The more I think about the actions of Lara's wife....the more I wonder why no charges were brought against her....accessory after the fact, obstructing police, etc.  She delayed going to the police for hours evidently, lied about his not having family in the area, etc.  The man in the motel could have died, Lara might have murdered Aundrea, or anyone in the family's whose vehicle he hijacked....all of which probably would have been avoided if the police were alerted much sooner.

BTW...I read that one of the reasons the mother of Kaylee agreed to the tv  segment....she wanted everyone to know that Kaylee's boyfriend adored her, and they had a strong relationship.  I would guess too many rumors flew around Bend until they arrested Lara.

Another very sad story about a vibrant young woman taken from her family and friends by a cold-blooded killer.  (And like the Oregon police, I wonder what else Edwin Lara has done that may never be uncovered).

• Love 10
15 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I’m irritated at the busybody who called Kaylee’s boyfriend to tattle on her about dancing with another guy. MYOB! That started the dominoes falling for Kaylee to preyed upon by that monster.

I had the same thought. That was the instigator that got the ball rolling. She was dancing, not having sex in the bushes. Apparently the busybody was supposedly Kaylee's friend (as opposed to being a friend of the bf) Wonder how she feels now, if anything.

• Love 8

Aundrea's calm behavior throughout her traumatic situation impressive, as well as her quick-thinking skills, which she needed to survive that monster. I wish she would have maintained that instinct with the cops, that possibly could have saved her from being held an additional 18 hours. I don't judge her for it though, her brain was probably still in shock after all she had gone through, and she probably truly figured her ordeal was done once that scum was in handcuffs. I agree that the FL police had a right to question her, but they took it way too far by treating her as a suspect for so long. Idiots. They had all the information they needed.

In a way, it is preferable that the scum did not get the death penalty. Not because he should be spared, but because that would be too easy for him. I hope his prison mates get to see this and provide him the poetic justice he so richly deserves, and make his life miserable on a daily basis.  

• Love 4

I get why Aundrea didn't try and escape.....so many things could go wrong and everyone assumes people would be quick to help someone in distress but there is a reason why they tell you to yell fire instead of help.  She is a very smart and resourceful young lady.......the STD thing was brilliant. 

Shame on Lara's wife for helping that monster in the least.

I felt bad for the boyfriend and even though it wasn't his fault I am sure he will never fully escape feeling guilty. 

• Love 8
On 4/26/2018 at 10:11 PM, LittleIggy said:

???

I really want to know about the "Statute Of Limitations" on these charges. I don't agree that anyone male/female should be able to come out decades later and accuse a person of whatever, and have that person face criminal chargers

52 minutes ago, stillhere1900 said:

I really want to know about the "Statute Of Limitations" on these charges. I don't agree that anyone male/female should be able to come out decades later and accuse a person of whatever, and have that person face criminal chargers

It is my (very limited, I'll admit) understanding that the majority of the victims could not seek justice because of the statute of limitations, which is why only the most recent of the allegations was prosecuted.

Sometimes it takes decades, or longer, to come to terms with, or have the courage to admit molestation.  If I could dig up my dead stepfather's body and have him held accountable for what he did to me in the 1960s (not to mention the 1980s), I might be tempted to do so.  Even if a legal case couldn't be made, I would want him to face public scrutiny and the judgement of his "peers" - which he avoided his entire goddamned life.  Some people might say he's burning in Hell, but that's really no solace or satisfaction, as I'm not sure I believe in all that stuff.  So, I think I get it.

ETA - and maybe I'm just bitter for not having "found my voice" and confronting him until it was too late.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

ETA - and maybe I'm just bitter for not having "found my voice" and confronting him until it was too late.

Don't kick yourself for being normal. That's one reason they've extended the amount of time when child  victims can come forward.  Children are wired to believe anything their parents say and to believe that everything the parent does is right -- otherwise there would be endless arguments about every detail of life. It took me until my father was over eighty before I could (sort of, just a little bit) stand up to him and he wasn't even a bad guy, just overly domineering and critical.

• Love 6