Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread

• Start Topic

When I was smoking, I was smoking a pack to a pack and a half a day. And I never sounded like Amy. I can't imagine how many cigarettes she must suck down in a day.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

In the previews for this one Amy says "Things have taken a turn for the worst"  implying something happened with the baby.  Wonder what that's all about?

I'm guessing the baby has stopped craving Cheez Whiz straight from the can & she has no other excuse for eating it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 18

Hopefully Tammy can see this thing through.  She needs to change her attitude with the therapist.   And I think she thinks once she has the surgery,  all the work is done.   She's still going to have to work hard at eating right,  or she'll gain it all back.

Too bad for Michael getting COVID. Bad timing.   It will be hard for Amy being alone with the kids for a few weeks.

Amy's baby brought back memories for me .   I had my  sons 13 months apart,  of course that was 30 yrs ago . It was kinda like having twins lol.    If I did it?  Anyone can 😁

• Like 5
11 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

In the previews for this one Amy says "Things have taken a turn for the worst"  implying something happened with the baby.  Wonder what that's all about?

They obviously wanted us to think there was a problem with the birth but I’ve learned to be skeptical about the editing in the previews. And it turned out that the comment was because Michael tested positive for Covid. 

1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

I feel like the episode description doesn't match what we saw?

Yes, it seemed to be last week’s description 

• Like 4

These folks live in rural Kentucky yet they are constantly getting Covid.   I wonder if they wouldn’t get “the jab.”

52 minutes ago, suev3333 said:

It will be hard for Amy being alone with the kids for a few weeks.

I think she said she was moving in with Amanda so she will have some help. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I wish Amy would get rid of the blue hair.

I agree about there being too much "bitch."

Amy, don't give a baby something covered in hot sauce.  They could have cooked a little unseasoned gator on the side for Gage. 

Cajun was thee thing in the late 90s / early 2000s.

On a side note, I live in Cajun country in Louisiana, and growing up, no one in my family or anyone I knew cooked hot Cajun food.  The gumbos, jambalayas, crawfish, etc. were cooked with regular seasoning like onion, garlic, etc. and the hot sauce was in a bottle on the table as an option for anyone who wanted to add it.  It was a famous cook (Paul Prudhomme) who popularized it throughout America and declared that Cajun food was hot.  Well, it sure wasn't hot in my area of Cajun country (unless you poured some hot sauce on your plate).

• Like 9
  • Useful 3
16 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I wish Amy would get rid of the blue hair.

I agree about there being too much "bitch."

Amy, don't give a baby something covered in hot sauce.  They could have cooked a little unseasoned gator on the side for Gage. 

On a side note, I live in Cajun country in Louisiana, and growing up, no one in my family or anyone I knew cooked hot Cajun food.  The gumbos, jambalayas, crawfish, etc. were cooked with regular seasoning like onion, garlic, etc. and the hot sauce was in a bottle on the table as an option for anyone who wanted to add it.  It was a famous cook (Paul Prudhomme) who popularized it throughout America and declared that Cajun food was hot.  Well, it sure wasn't hot in my area of Cajun country (unless you poured some hot sauce on your plate).

The restaurant I am thinking of was The Magnolia Cafe in Philadelphia. It was so so good. It’s been so long I don’t remember if it was spicy or not, just that it was delicious and I loved it so much! They had a huge bowl of beads by the door and you were supposed to grab a handful and toss them up into the tree outside as you left. I’m sure if that tree is still standing there are beads in the upper branches!

But yes, a very odd choice for Amy to eat, seemingly the night before her c-section. That had to be editing. 

Regarding Michael and the virus, if we’ve learned anything it’s that the virus comes for you whether you’re vaccinated or not. It’s a shame he got it while Amy was in the hospital but at least they got him tested and out of there.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

These folks live in rural Kentucky yet they are constantly getting Covid.   I wonder if they wouldn’t get “the jab.”

Tammy wasn’t vaccinated but Amy and Michael posted photos of them wearing “I’m vaccinated” buttons in April 2021 on Instagram. This caused a great deal of controversy among their fans. I don’t know whether or not they got any kind of follow up boosters after so many people criticized their decision. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Tammy wasn’t vaccinated but Amy and Michael posted photos of them wearing “I’m vaccinated” buttons in April 2021 on Instagram. This caused a great deal of controversy among their fans. I don’t know whether or not they got any kind of follow up boosters after so many people criticized their decision. 

They have so many reasons to get the boosters. 

• Like 15

I felt for Amy’s anxiety about having two babies to care for without her husband’s help. She was so overwhelmed and scared. 

Happy for Tammy making her weight goal, but her coquettish grinning about it made me cringe. I know, I’m a horrible person, but it was just uncomfortable. Good for her though. Hope she’s able to continue losing.  Did I see panic on the eyes of the siblings when she told them? Like-uh oh-that means they’ll release her soon? Lol

Never had gator, but, as always, Chris’ enthusiasm was infectious. 

• Like 5
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

As a lifelong resident of Louisiana, I agree pretty much with your statement.  Traditional Louisiana food is well seasoned and may be somewhat spicier than say traditional Midwest or Deep South cuisine, but outside of specific dishes (sauce piquant, for example) it is not exceptionally spicy.  The most common 'hot' spice actually included in the cooking process is ground cayenne pepper and most recipes call for 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon for the entire dish.  It was Prudhomme's invention of blackened redfish, in which a redfish filet was coated in a spice rub and melted butter and then cooked at very high heat that became his most famous dish.  More than anything, I think the media assumed all of Louisiana dishes were as spicy as the blackened redfish and ran with it---thus the misconception was born.  Prudhomme seasoned his food very well and may have enjoyed spicy food, but owning many of his cookbooks, most of his recipes are not exceedingly spicy.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

Maybe I'm just a heartless bitch, but I felt absolutely no sympathy for Amy. The doctors told her to wait at least two years before she got pregnant. She did it immediately and then she got pregnant again.  She  did not think any of this through.

I lost a dog in September and I just adopted another one and I swear to God I agonized over this decision. The point is, I put more thought into adopting my pets than most people put into having children.

Amy is lazy. She barely could take care of one child and she had another one. I wondered if she would have been this upset if that child was a girl instead of a boy.  So, no sympathy here.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 13
  • Hugs 2
  • Applause 4

This episode really hit me in the feels. I know people love to hate on these sisters, but they are real people. 

Loved it when Tammy was on the call with the doctor, telling him how much she weighs. Both of them were so down right happy about Tammy’s progress and hopeful for the promise of surgery. I couldn’t help but smile. 

And I really felt for Amy when she was talking to Misty (?) about how Amy wants so badly to be the best mom she can be for her kids, and how she’s worried she won’t be “good enough.” What mom can’t relate to that?

I wish for nothing but the best for this whole family. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Kid said:

I lost a dog in September and I just adopted another one and I swear to God I agonized over this decision. The point is, I put more thought into adopting my pets than most people put into having children.

My sympathies for your loss. It's not an easy decision whether it's  a pet or a child.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I agree, however they need to stop with the calling everyone 'b$*#$J#" and the crude behavior.   

It seems to be a family thing to insult everyone first. I for one wouldn't like being called a b$*#$J# by a family member. Unless I really deserve it.

• Like 4

Glad Tammy made weight & was able to go further with cardiology & pulmonary testing.  She doesn't like the therapist but lacks the self control to just talk her way nicely through a weekly session even though she knows that therapist must approve her & reports back to the surgeon after every session.  Either just suck it up, grit your teeth & do what you need to, or request another therapist.  She's got such a volatile temper I don't know anyone could cohabitate with her, and we know she's been kicked out of every sibling's home.  

So of course she'll get her surgery.  But let's be realistic.  Yes Tammy will lose some weight, gastric bypass malabsorption will insure that.  Amy basically eats whatever she wants & she's maybe a tad under 300 lbs, down from her top weight of 400.  Maybe she'll lose another 50 lbs max if she really tries.  I'm guessing Tammy may get down to between 400-450.  Could lose more early but she'll go back up a little.  Realistic expectations.  Look no further than Amanda, years after her bypass & she's up to 300. Even Dr Now's poster girl from the very first episode Melissa Morris got down to 150 but gained over 100 lbs eventually.   

• Like 8
9 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Happy for Tammy making her weight goal, but her coquettish grinning about it made me cringe. I know, I’m a horrible person, but it was just uncomfortable.

I'm horrible too. I know she was happy to get the surgery, but she seemed to be flirting with the doctor. She doesn't get that moony eyed over anyone else. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
18 hours ago, magemaud said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a stipulation in their contracts requiring them to get vaccinated. But if you say Tammy isn't, that wouldn't work. Nevermind

I recently read the obituary of a woman who died three days after gastric bypass surgery.  She never left the hospital.  With all of Tammy's health issues and bad habits I think she'd be safer staying where she is and continuing to lose weight there. 

• Like 6
On 2/15/2023 at 11:54 AM, Pi237 said:

Did Michael have chew in during the delivery? Lol maybe it’s just his mouth shape, but it looked like it on his hospital video 

He sure had on his best reworn shirt heading to the hospital!

• Like 3

What did Amy just say about her grandfather dying from drinking antifreeze, and her uncle fed it to him?    

I bet the anesthetist and surgeon were not happy with Amy's presurgery gator feast the evening before surgery.     

On 2/15/2023 at 7:49 AM, Kid said:

Maybe I'm just a heartless bitch, but I felt absolutely no sympathy for Amy. The doctors told her to wait at least two years before she got pregnant. She did it immediately and then she got pregnant again.  She  did not think any of this through.

I agree 100%. That and she talks about how “hard” everything is when she has no job and doesn’t even do the bare minimum to keep a tidy and safe house for her toddler. She’s lazy af imo. And I don’t see what Michael does to make anything any better besides holding down a job. The two of them need to cool it on the kids until they get their shit together.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5