Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: You Dropped a Bomb on Me

• Start Topic

As our five couples continue to enjoy their Jamaican honeymoon, one wife wants to pick up the pace, but her husband hides his reason for wanting to slow things down.  Meanwhile, some wives start to question their husbands' senses of humor, and a comment from one husband threatens to ruin his marriage before the honeymoon is even over.

Airs Wednesday, February 8, at 8:00PM EST.

• Like 1

I cannot stand any aspect of Clint and/or his personality.  How dare he criticize Gina for talking about “the salon, the salon?”  She should be very proud of herself- and so should he.  She’s all in, as someone who owns a business (with a seven-year lease!) has to be.  His comment wondering “what she’s about” was ridiculous.  She’s about her career and she’s chosen to take a chance on sharing it with you, you doofus.  Ugh.  Go away, Clint. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5

I feel like the ‘experts’ mis- matched Clint and Gina. He’s doesn’t seem to want marriage, he wants someone to sail around on his boats and have fun. Gina is a career woman and you can tell she’s passionate about that. 

• Like 13

Neither Clint or Gina find each other attractive. Mac seems whiny. Too bad because I like Dom. Airris is obsessed with sex and is in the friend zone with Jas. Not good. Maybe there’s hope for the other two couples but it’s early yet. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Aiiris sounds like he wants to put Jasmin in a wheelchair with his comments. She’s all worried about being what he needs for him to fall in love in with her but she needs to think about what she really wants in partner. I hope this ain’t it because she can get that anywhere in Nashville. There’s nothing special about him.

I feel bad for Clint because he looks like the asshole and they don’t know what she said about him. It’s best not to talk about a woman’s figure in a group setting though. No one wants to hear that. 

• Like 11
47 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I feel like the ‘experts’ mis- matched Clint and Gina. He’s doesn’t seem to want marriage, he wants someone to sail around on his boats and have fun. Gina is a career woman and you can tell she’s passionate about that. 

He said he'd love to have a wife with money and the experts went, "Good enough for us. Matched!"

Also, shut your mouth, Clint. Chris was too nice to tell him that, but I'm not.

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 5

So, have none of them consummated their marriage? Pastor Cal is probably fit to be tied. He seems really pushy about the sex thing. I thought maybe Dom and Mac had but I find myself tuning them out. Her voice is annoying to me. 
Clint speaks the truth to Chris but geez, you don’t have to say everything that pops into your brain. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Oh boy, I can picture Kirsten telling Jasmin that Shaq blabbed to her about Airris not being attracted to her. And now Kirsten doesn’t like Shaq’s sense of humor. This is turning into a disaster. 
Only having hope for Chris and Nicole, although I can see Nicole being too much once they go back to Nashville. 

• Like 9
11 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

If they were offended by Clint’s comment wait til they hear that Airris thinks Jasmin should have a bigger bootie. 

I wonder how the men would react if they knew Kirsten thinks her husband needs a few more inches. 

Everyone has preferences, but this is leaning toward ordering up body parts off a menu. Gross all around.

• Like 12

I wasn't paying attention during the horse ride. Did Mack say something about a horse pooping out of its vagina??? I'm really hoping I misheard that. (I MISHEARD, THANK HEAVEN!) Will have to watch the repeat because I missed a lot in the first hour.

Is ginger an offensive term? I've never thought so. But then I like gingers. Except Clint.

OK, this time I'm wishing we had a two-hour episode. 

Edited by kikicat
lololol going to get my ears de-waxed
  • Like 4

I guess these episodes are down to 90 minutes. Ok with me, it was awkward watching some of these conversations. No one, except maybe Chris and Nicole,  are attracted to each other and not much in common. 
Gina should just keep walking all the way back to Nashville and don’t look back. Both her and Clint have said the wrong things to each other. Nice job ‘experts’. 

• Like 6

Is this the uncomfortable season, not sure why they didn't just cancel it instead of airing it. It's the worst yet for me.... and they're just on their tropical honeymoon.

Edited by endure
  • Like 10

Was Kirsten able to name one thing she does like about Shaq? On one hand he jokes too much and on the other, he acts like like Mr. Educator. 
With regard to what Shaq said about Aiiris not being attracted to Jasmin, I don’t think Kirsten understands you can find someone beautiful without being attracted to them. 
I never thought Ginger was derogatory at all and I’m married to one, but maybe it’s the way you use it. 

• Like 7

I don’t think any of these couples have even made out yet.  Maybe Mac and Dom? By this point in every other season at least one couple has consummated the marriage.  I feel like most of these couples aren’t going to make it to move in day.  

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

So, have none of them consummated their marriage? Pastor Cal is probably fit to be tied. He seems really pushy about the sex thing. I thought maybe Dom and Mac had but I find myself tuning them out. Her voice is annoying to me. 
Clint speaks the truth to Chris but geez, you don’t have to say everything that pops into your brain. 

OMG Dom's voice drives me up the wall, not sure why, I think she spreads out her words maybe?  Clint is so about Clint and he's just boring and annoying. Arris will probably divorce because she doesn't have his perfect butt, seriously he seemed concerned enough about that to bring that up to the other guys, OMG he is an idiot.  All the guys just seem kind of dumb in their group convo.

Edited by endure
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

I renew my fervent call for SUNSCREEN for this group and every future group of MAFS couples (should there actually be another season). 

I cannot stand any aspect of Clint and/or his personality.  How dare he criticize Gina for talking about “the salon, the salon?”  She should be very proud of herself- and so should he.  She’s all in, as someone who owns a business (with a seven-year lease!) has to be.  His comment wondering “what she’s about” was ridiculous.  She’s about her career and she’s chosen to take a chance on sharing it with you, you doofus.  Ugh.  Go away, Clint. 

I can't stand Clint either but, at least as edited and presented to the group, Gina really does go on and on and on about her business. I think it's great that she loves what she does and has been successful, but there has to be something else for her to talk about - her friends, her family, her dogs - anything.

I did NOT like Clint equating "slender" and "athletic." 

Kirsten and Shaq dancing together was cute - and they both picked it up quickly. 

• Like 8

"I don't like men with gingery features..." "Not that you're ugly, but that's just what you are."  Gee, I wonder why Clint would find that offensive.

Airris and Jasmine's situation reminds me of Will and Jasmine's (Philly); in that Will and Airris appeared to be happy with their match until they saw Kristine and Kirsten, respectively.  One reason why I don't like the couples honeymooning and hanging out together.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Kirsten is just so critical of Shaq. Can he really be himself around her? First is that he doesn’t talk “naturally” around her, then it’s that he jokes too much. 

"I just want you to be yourself."

Confusing, thy name is Kirsten.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I don’t feel bad for Gina. She started the insults by claiming she wasn’t attracted to red heads.

Exactly - and she brought it up to the group in front of him.

3 hours ago, kikicat said:

Is ginger an offensive term? I've never thought so. But then I like gingers. Except Clint.

3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I never thought Ginger was derogatory at all and I’m married to one, but maybe it’s the way you use it. 

IMO she could have said, like he did, that she "usually dates darker guys" or something like that.  Instead she told him she's not attracted to gingers, which is what he is, including all of his "gingery features".  Equally as offensive as what he said.  And I think it was pretty clear that she was surprised to hear he was offended, so editing's not to blame for that snafu.  It may be to blame for the fact that she goes on and on and on and on about her salon, but I also think that's Clint's real turn-off with her.  Not that she shouldn't be proud about and interested in her business, but she does seem pretty one-dimensional about it.

• Like 10
5 hours ago, VioletNevermind said:

I cannot stand any aspect of Clint and/or his personality.  How dare he criticize Gina for talking about “the salon, the salon?”  She should be very proud of herself- and so should he.  She’s all in, as someone who owns a business (with a seven-year lease!) has to be.  His comment wondering “what she’s about” was ridiculous.  She’s about her career and she’s chosen to take a chance on sharing it with you, you doofus.  Ugh.  Go away, Clint. 

He wants to know if there is MORE to her than her business and how driven she is. Noted. I know Jack shit else about her and at this point, Clint probably doesn't either.

Also, in general, constantly looping every conversation back to same thing is just kind of tiring. Doesn't matter what the topic is.

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't think any of these couples are that attracted to each other.  No chemistry at all.

Yeah, you are off base in regards to Chris and Nicole. Everyone else though...nah.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, kikicat said:

I wasn't paying attention during the horse ride. Did Mack say something about a horse pooping out of its vagina??? I'm really hoping I misheard that. (I MISHEARD, THANK HEAVEN!) Will have to watch the repeat because I missed a lot in the first hour.

OK, this time I'm wishing we had a two-hour episode. 

Like most things, it's how you say it terms of the ginger stuff. People also seem to think it's funny to mock readheads, call them evil and stuff. So, I can see redheads being annoyed from the moment someone says ginger.

• Like 7

Clint cannot, or stubbornly refuses to, understand that a man's telling a woman she's not "slender" is a judgment, not a mere objective description. Particularly  when the declaration isn't immediately followed by one of "But that's before I met Miss Va-Va-Va-Voom here!" 

Gina should have replied to the "slender and athletic" crack, "How interesting. Because my usual type is thoughtful and caring." 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I don’t feel bad for Gina. She started the insults by claiming she wasn’t attracted to red heads.

Not that her comment was excusable, but she didn't say it to a group of 5 red-haired men. Moreover, there's  an adage about two wrongs....

Re: "Ginger." I think this UK term took off in the States because of Prince Harry. But we never had the bizarre and irrational dislike of redheads as the UK had/has. [See: Hayworth, Rita; Gardner, Ava; Buttons; Red; Skelton, Red. Doody, Howdy.]

Re: Sense of humor. Anybody who tells another to take their humor down a notch, or alter it, is incompatible with that person, regardless of who's "right." 

Domynique is clearly not as fun-loving as her continual smile would suggest. She "says what she means and means what she says," so don't pull her leg with any silly exaggerations, Mac! 

Similarly, now that Kirsten has added his style of humor to her "Nope" list, Shaq would be a fool to stay with her, and I don't think Shaq's Mama raised a fool. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Racj82 said:

He wants to know if there is MORE to her than her business and how driven she is. Noted. I know Jack shit else about her and at this point, Clint probably doesn't either.

I agree. Shop talk gets boring. I think he feels like “right, okay, you own a salon. Got it. What else?” Like, my accountant owns his business but he also loves to ski, has kids he brags about, etc. I wouldn’t vibe with someone, platonic or romantic, who only talks about their job either. There’s more to life than work, and I can’t go to work with you so what else can we do together or talk about?

• Like 13

Chiming in as a redhead who grew up in N.Ireland but is now in the US (for many years). Ginger is definitely derogatory in the UK, LennieBriscoe is correct. Example, kick a ginge day. It isn't thought of the same way here for now but definitely the way she said it was not at all complimentary.  Also would like to see proof of the 26in. Hate that I am defending Clint!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Chris does laundry once a month? I guess that's why he wore a tank top and swimming trunks to bed on his wedding night. And probably why he only sex three times in a prior 18 month relationship.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Like 4
  • LOL 7
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Clint cannot, or stubbornly refuses to, understand that a man's telling a woman she's not "slender" is a judgment, not a mere objective description. Particularly  when the declaration isn't immediately followed by one of "But that's before I met Miss Va-Va-Va-Voom here!" 

Gina should have replied to the "slender and athletic" crack, "How interesting. Because my usual type is thoughtful and caring." 

That would have sealed the deal and all would have applauded her words. 

Words can be very powerful!

What exactly does Clint do?  Just sail his sailboat?  Does he have money to support a wife?  I’m confused on just what his life is like!

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Chris does laundry once a month? I guess that's why he wore a tank top and swimming trunks to bed on his wedding night. And probably why he only sex three times in a prior 18 month relationship.

I wonder how often he bathed!  I could not stand a dirty man!

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

On one hand, if he has enough clothes that he’s not re-wearing dirty stuff, okay. I’d run out of underwear and workout stuff much sooner than once a month, but maybe he has a lot. If he’s just wearing dirty clothes though, ew. And when he said he didn’t wash his sheets that often, I said “ew!” out loud. I don’t love Nicole (she really is a lot) but I’m with her when she said sheets would be changed weekly. Also, sliding into bed with fresh sheets feels great! He’s denying himself!

• Like 7

Sorry, Gina, but insulting someone's appearance in any way is hurtful - and you did it first.  Not at all saying that excuses Clint's subsequent comment, but you definitely lost the moral high ground here.  And personally, I would have real reservations about being in a relationship with someone who doesn't get that, as it evidences a lack of insight and basic self-awareness, IMHO.  And on top of not being particularly kind people. it seems, I find both Gina and Clint boring AF.  Gina is all "salon, salon, salon," and Clint is all "sailing, sailing, sailing."

The only couple that has even a remote chance of working out this season is Chris and Nicole.  I can't say I'm particularly enjoying watching them, however, as they've both been pretty wounded in the past, and I frankly am just not a very nurturing person, so that can be a bit exhuasting for me - even second-hand. But, they seem really into each other, and I am totally pulling for them to finally get their happily ever after together. 

As to the rest of the couples . . . meh.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 9
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

For me, it's the constant smile on Dom's face that annoys me. She's pleasant enough but kinda one-note. 

None of them this season seem repulsed by each other like previous seasons, but none of them seem overly happy with their match. Besides Nicole and Chris, they're all kind of just pushing through because they feel they have to not because they really like their spouse.

Gina and Clint are definitely going to be a divorce but I think Jas and Airris will too. Dom and Mack just seem so lukewarm about each other that they can go either way.. If not on decision day, they'll eventually divorce though. I think Nicole and Chris will be the only possible long term match.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Gina is so boring!  All she talks about is the salon.  She lives to work.  Clint works to live.  Totally different and totally incompatible.  I don’t know if she applied or was recruited but either way she should not have been picked.  I think Clint has a good job (and they must make similar salaries because they live in the same building) but his job doesn’t define him.  And Gina does not come across as athletic or slim.  I’m not sure when she would ever have any time to work out.  

Dom doesn’t seem as fun living as she portrays herself to be.  Or she just hates Max’s sense of humor.  I agree with him that the horseback riding seemed stupid.  It looked like it lasted about 15 minutes. And he got shit on. 

These couples seem a lot less close to each other than in past seasons.  Arris couldn’t even remember Nicole’s name after they all met up.  Maybe because they are all so boring. 

• Like 8