Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E05: It's All About The Journey

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

she and McKinley seem like they have a fun playful relationship at this point.  

There was a point where they were standing on the beach with their arms around each other when I thought they looked easy and comfortable together. I laughed when they went through all the angst about not knowing how to sail and it turned out that the guide was going to do it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Totally disgusted by Airris being in creep mode & STAYING there when CLEARLY his wife didn't want to talk about that. SO GROSS!!! She should've fully shut it down and he shouldn't have even started with that & definitely stopped when she refused to answer. And saying he wanted to bring out her "demon" side... Like. WTF?!! Asking why she didn't want to talk about it was right, even if it was asked late. But I don't think it was coming from a place of respect & wanting to understand, he was trying to find out if she's reserved in bed. ICK!!! They both need to give deeper answers.  Like with their later conversation about being in love. If there are questions, ASK THEM!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

WTF did Gina say?!! FOR WHAT PURPOSE?!!! HOW DID THAT HELP?!!! WHAT'S THE POINT?!! That was so stupid & incoherent. She shouldn't have said any of that BS. So she said that to say she wasn't attracted to his looks? When she told his friends he was hot? So she was joking/lying to them? Did she really not turn that around & compliment him, I hope that was cut & editors were being tricky?!!! I don't understand. How can you hold hands & kiss someone you're not attracted to/lack physical chemistry with??? It's so bizarre.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
49 minutes ago, princelina said:

Exactly!  And she brings it up to the group before he goes there too!

Shaq didn't think so - he could tell she hurt his feelings.  

She wasn't trying to walk it back for his sake - she was just trying to make herself sound better when the others all thought she was harsh.  There's just no reason to say that to your spouse (unless he/she says it first -ha!  I'm Team Clint on this one), especially if everything is going well and you're getting along nicely.  Attraction can grow; he's not pressuring her to have sex NOW; how self-centered and rude do you have to be to understand that a comment like that will hurt the other person's feelings and put a damper on what you're trying to achieve?  

1 hour ago, Katie111 said:

I thought GIna was mean to Clint (and I don't love Clint) so I don't get how she gets all offended next week.  I started off liking her but she is starting to annoy me.  Don't care for the nose ring or the super long hair extensions.  

Gina probably thinks of herself as very well-groomed but I don't love a lot of her styling choices.

I think Gina decided that she is not into Clint and wants to get out. Otherwise, I have no idea why you would say something so deliberately cruel. 

My guess (this is pure speculation on my part) is that when Clint says he likes a slimmer woman, she will use it as an excuse to get out of the marriage.

Also, I don't want to sound harsh, but she is a bit of an odd-looking woman, herself.

• Like 8

The only thing I like about this episode is the scenery at Jamaica.  The rest is all mismatch and vulgar.  If anyone talked to me like Airris, I would pop him on the head and leave.  He is mental.  No respect for a woman.  Show allowed this?  A new low and she doesn’t deserve this.

• Like 7

Chris was so nice at their dinner. Dream husband/wife. Eh. Ok. Nic had to go too far to get her feelings hurt & try to save face by saying she was joking when he didn't say yes. He said he could see it, so that was a nice curve. She shouldn't have set that up though. AWKWARD!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Also, I don't want to sound harsh, but she is a bit of an odd-looking woman, herself.

I hate the transition photo they use for Gina and Clint's scenes. It's like she shrinks her chin into her chest while smiling wide. It does her no favors.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I can't believe Jas said she liked Airris's gross beard. He should trim it way down, at least. & She said she liked his body. Where were his compliments of her? Were they cut? She looked great in her bikinis.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, princelina said:

She wasn't trying to walk it back for his sake - she was just trying to make herself sound better when the others all thought she was harsh.  There's just no reason to say that to your spouse (unless he/she says it first -ha!  I'm Team Clint on this one), 

And this makes me angry because I don’t like Clint and I don’t want to be on Team Clint about anything, yet here I am…

• LOL 8

Mac & Shaq were nervous about their excursions, huh? They made sure to include it. Shaq driving through the puddle, I mean, come on. ATV's aren't couplely, which made sense since Kirsten wasn't into him. She's a lot better now, not standoffish at all. Strange to bring up them not kissing when it hasn't happened yet & it wasn't an invitation. Shouldn't have done that.

• Like 1

Good for Jas for wanting her new, creep husband, who doesn't respect her boundaries, to teach her some things in the bedroom. Good for her! A guy who doesn't respect boundaries with a woman who doesn't establish boundaries. Perfect match! They're totally gunna make it! 🤪😒

Edited by Lindz
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1

That was very kind of Airris to offer to help Jas out with her tasks. Hope he actually will. What is his "competition" with his new wife in her family? Asking how'd she feel about him getting close to her younger sister. Huh? WHAT IS THAT ABOUT??? So strange! 🤨🧐

• Like 1

Clint and Gina appear to be the first couple to hit rock bottom. Did she need to be so honest right away? If she has an idea of what her guy should look like shouldn't she choose her own lover? 

Having watched many shows and being a person who thinks a lot I would have a plan for every contingency. This would be fairly high on my list. What to do if she finds me unattractive?

A. Tell her I don't find her all that attractive either (whether I do or not) but what the heck we're in this for eight weeks lets have fun and see where it leads. Enjoy and have fun regardless.

B. Not say whether I find her attractive or not...but still say hey win lose or draw lets hang in this thing for 8 weeks and have fun. I'm not making a decision until the day before and I hope you don't either.

At 40 years old Clint should be comfortable in his own skin. He shouldn't care at this stage and see it really as someone else's problem. You committed to this marriage. I don't think she is in it for the long haul, I think she is already preparing him for the off ramp. I became comfortable with my looks and who I am at that age. I discovered woman are more attracted to confidence then a numeric scale of looks.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Shauna said:

Gina:  I'm not really attracted to gingers

Clint:  That works for me cause I'm not really attracted to women with an extra set of teeth who constantly have their mouths agape.  Nor do I like over inflated lips like yours.  So yeah, I think we're good. 

I'm so confused by Nicole.  She has a very small, short, round face.  Quite the contrast to her broad shoulders, big arms and hands.  She should never wear a tank top.  Super emphasizes her large features.  None of it seems to fit.  Chris called her small.  She also called herself petite.  I just don't see it, though.  Short, yes, but I wouldn't say petite. 

I know this is horribly shallow of me to say ~ there are a lot of odd ducks swimming in this pond this season. And not sure any of them will mate for life.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

For such an educated person, Shaq is one of the worst offenders for using "like" as a conversational placeholder. There were moments where he said it 3 or 4 times in one sentence. For the love of God, how has he made it through so much formal education & no one has told him to stop doing this!? I agree with Kirsten that he sometimes lectures her. I noticed it. Good for her for gently calling him out on it. I was very impressed that he gave the ATVs a whirl given his history.

Airiss gives me the creeps. He's pervy & utterly charm-free. Please sweet baby Jesus don't let Jasmine have sex with him! 

Gina was so unnecessarily rude to Clint! And I don't even like him! I think he's a cornball with an over-inflated opinion of himself. But, damn! What is he supposed to do? Change his DNA!? She should have kept her big mouth shut, then had him in to her salon for some treatments--- a bit lot of body waxing, some low lights in the hair & a bit of spray tan. It would have promoted her business & spared his feelings. (I am not saying I think he needs to lose his gingery features. I believe the good Lord made us in all different beautiful shapes & sizes & colors for a reason. I'm just saying this is how she could have handled it more gently.) It's gonna be juicy next week when he basically calls her fat in front of the whole group. I can see it now: the outrage! Meanwhile, none of them will know what we all know: ☝🏾that bytch started it!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Lindz said:

Uh oh. Shaq said Kirsten's two-faced on the aftershow. Sounds like she's standoffish off camera & puts on a show for the cameras. TSK! TSK!

That was very interesting to hear.  Leaves me to beleive they are not going to make it. 

I agree that Gina has very odd features.  Sometimes I think she looks beautiful and other times I think she looks like a cartoon character.  

I like a McKinleys humor but I’m sure it’s not for everyone.  The oddest thing to me about that dinner was how long the table was and how they were sitting at opposite ends.  Looked like they had to scream to talk to each other.  I’ve had enough of him talking about his wife’s chest.  Also, were they really planning on taking out a sailboat when neither knows how to sail?  They both seemed a bit dumb about that whole thing. 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

At 40 years old Clint should be comfortable in his own skin. He shouldn't care at this stage and see it really as someone else's problem. You committed to this marriage. I don't think she is in it for the long haul, I think she is already preparing him for the off ramp. I became comfortable with my looks and who I am at that age. I discovered woman are more attracted to confidence then a numeric scale of

That's awesome for you. Age doesn't really dictate when someone may or may not get over their insecurities. No one wants to be called unattractive by someone they are into, dating, MARRIED TO or whatever.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me is one of the most bullshit lines ever uttered. Words hurt. For a lot of different reasons.

• Like 10
  • Love 4

As pointed out upthread, on the aftershow Gina said their luggage got lost so they had to buy clothes in the gift shop.  I like to think that explains the pink bathing suit she had on.  And it does explain the "Hey Mon" shirt Clint was wearing.

I can't stop looking at Gina's mouth when she talks.  Or, well, first of all, those teeth.  Is there any chance they're natural?  They look like piano keys.  And they're blindingly white.  I doubt there's anything she can do about the size of her mouth, but she appears to be gilding that lily, so I think she likes it.

There's something going on with her lower lip.  From straight on, it droops a little on one side.  And it flaps when she talks.

In some scenes where she's shot from the side, it looks like her bottom lip, in particular, juts out from her teeth and gums, although I think her top lip might do the same thing, just not as noticeably.  When most people talk, their lips kind of slide up and down their teeth, or at least stay pretty close, but with Gina, it's like her lips are sticking out and not touching her teeth at all, and I think that's what makes her lips flap. 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Lindz said:

Uh oh. Shaq said Kirsten's two-faced on the aftershow. Sounds like she's standoffish off camera & puts on a show for the cameras. TSK! TSK!

Yeah, I thought she was super nice this episode.  Phony, baloney.  Too obvious.

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

As pointed out upthread, on the aftershow Gina said their luggage got lost so they had to buy clothes in the gift shop.  I like to think that explains the pink bathing suit she had on.  And it does explain the "Hey Mon" shirt Clint was wearing.

I can't stop looking at Gina's mouth when she talks.  Or, well, first of all, those teeth.  Is there any chance they're natural?  They look like piano keys.  And they're blindingly white.  I doubt there's anything she can do about the size of her mouth, but she appears to be gilding that lily, so I think she likes it.

There's something going on with her lower lip.  From straight on, it droops a little on one side.  And it flaps when she talks.

In some scenes where she's shot from the side, it looks like her bottom lip, in particular, juts out from her teeth and gums, although I think her top lip might do the same thing, just not as noticeably.  When most people talk, their lips kind of slide up and down their teeth, or at least stay pretty close, but with Gina, it's like her lips are sticking out and not touching her teeth at all, and I think that's what makes her lips flap. 

Whoever did her teeth and lips should be shot.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

If they had one-piece suits, too bad she didn't pick one because that bikini did her no favors. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

That's awesome for you. Age doesn't really dictate when someone may or may not get over their insecurities. No one wants to be called unattractive by someone they are into, dating, MARRIED TO or whatever.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me is one of the most bullshit lines ever uttered. Words hurt. For a lot of different reasons.

They do hurt but if you agree to being married at first sight you have to be prepared ahead of time that your spouse may not find you attractive. In some ways I applaud her honesty we always say to people just tell me the truth. Unless we don't like the truth. Then we prefer to hear a lie. Yes I can tell he was hurt and it looks like he plans to inflict the same pain on her. That may make him feel better but its going to be a miserable 8 weeks (or however long they last).

If you spend time on discussion boards you'll develop a very thick skin.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 2/2/2023 at 7:30 AM, seacliffsal said:

I could never have done all of those rum shots that Nicole and Chris did.

It is absolutely amazing to me when I observe the level of alcohol consumption on the show! 

How ANY adult can pursue an actual "relationship"  with constant alcohol blurring and/or otherwise impacting his/her interactions with her/his spouse is astounding to me!  Chris and Nicole are heading the list of "boozers"  this season.

I recall the season with Erik Lake (the pilot) and his wife, Virginia, where her continual reliance of alcohol to cope with every situation became an issue and they subsequently divorced (I saw on Instagram that he is now married to another).

Sometimes I think the producers are aware of all the FLAWS in the "matches" they create so they rely on a steady, continuous free flow of alcohol to tamp down the dissatisfaction between the parties knowing full well that most, if not all the couples will decide to divorce either on Decision Day, or afterward (when no more pay checks are forthcoming).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Lindz said:

Clint & Gina joking about dying... Ehhh. Glad they made it safely on their troubled bus ride.

They are both gregarious outgoing people but the chemistry between them is awkward. I don't even think they have good platonic chemistry, forget about romantic.

18 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Airiss gives me the creeps. He's pervy & utterly charm-free. Please sweet baby Jesus don't let Jasmine have sex with him!

I think Airiss was doing that thing where a man acts like an asshole so the woman will end things and he can look like a good guy in comparison.

I feel like he does not like Jazmine like that and does not want to stay in this marriage but wants to still get paid by the show.

Poor Jaz...she deserved better.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
On 2/1/2023 at 9:00 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I had to laugh when Chris and Nicole were doing rum shots and he said he didn’t know how the alcohol would affect her since she’s small. That’s not a word I’d ever think I’d hear associated with her. 
I hope she can control her mess and not overreact to everything. 

I just can’t with Arris and his nasty talk. Jazmin must be okay with it and actually likes him a lot more than I thought she would. 

Between Gina’s gaping maw and her flared nostrils, I don’t know where to look. I’m all for nose piercings, but with a nose like that,  better now draw attention to it.  
Obviously, this has to be boring because I turning to petty comments on their looks!

What's weird is that they kept associating alcohol tolerance with height but isn't it much more about weight?  I know bigger people can drink more but I'm not sure how that works.

I'm not an expert on the matter.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Maximadc said:

I think Gina started feeling Clint wasn’t into her and decided to attack first

You are so right, but that was so mean of her.  He looked stunned.  She called him ginger.  He could have came back with “your teeth are fake and horrible”, but said nothing.  He’ll probably get her next week.  Probably will call her hefty.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

They are both gregarious outgoing people but the chemistry between them is awkward. I don't even think they have good platonic chemistry, forget about romantic.

I think Airiss was doing that thing where a man acts like an asshole so the woman will end things and he can look like a good guy in comparison.

I feel like he does not like Jazmine like that and does not want to stay in this marriage but wants to still get paid by the show.

I’ve come to think most of them are there for the money.  Airiss is scary.

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I’ve come to think most of them are there for the money.  Airiss is scary.

The show has lost all spontaneity and authenticity. 

I'm not sure I'll continue watching any more of this season.  It seems like a waste of my time.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It's some kind of fillers.

4 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

They do hurt but if you agree to being married at first sight you have to be prepared ahead of time that your spouse may not find you attractive. In some ways I applaud her honesty we always say to people just tell me the truth. Unless we don't like the truth. Then we prefer to hear a lie.

There is a time for telling the truth, but to me it's not on day 2 or 3 where you're still getting to know each other and sex is still not on the table.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

At 40 years old Clint should be comfortable in his own skin.

Which is why he needs to apply sunscreen liberally. No way he could be comfortable in skin so badly burned he looked like a lobster after a swim in the pot.

• Like 2
On 2/2/2023 at 10:37 PM, Lindz said:

This episode's weirdos: Mac, Airris, & Gina. 😬😬

Ahhhh interesting point ~ they only used to have one real weirdo or loser per season, are they tripling up? 🙄🥹

• LOL 6
11 hours ago, pdlinda said:

The show has lost all spontaneity and authenticity. 

I'm not sure I'll continue watching any more of this season.  It seems like a waste of my time.

I’m hoping at least Nicole will stay married.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, qtpye said:

I don't understand why the couples who decide they don't like the person they are matched with can't have a private conversation and just discuss it and agree to interact amicably for the 8 weeks and not be so critical or skeevy on camera.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, cinsays said:

I don't understand why the couples who decide they don't like the person they are matched with can't have a private conversation and just discuss it and agree to interact amicably for the 8 weeks and not be so critical or skeevy on camera.

Because that's not the sort of person who applies to be on reality tv.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
Added reality as it doesn't apply to quiz shows etc.
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2

Good to see Clint & Gina keep their cool during the bus ride. Glad they didn't let it ruin their moods. That's definitely difficult. Admirable. Guess the right people had that activity. I could never. 😅

6 hours ago, Lindz said:

Good to see Clint & Gina keep their cool during the bus ride. Glad they didn't let it ruin their moods. That's definitely difficult. Admirable. Guess the right people had that activity. I could never. 😅

I could, and if the guy I had been matched with had been a big baby it would be a huge turn-off for me.  Conversely, I myself found Clint more attractive for his easygoing behavior.  Since Gina was cool about it, I'd think she'd like a guy who didn't act like a baby or a dick, which is why I found it all the more surprising that she had to let him know right after that she wasn't attracted to his gingery self!

• Like 4
On 2/3/2023 at 6:24 PM, DrewPaul2010 said:

They do hurt but if you agree to being married at first sight you have to be prepared ahead of time that your spouse may not find you attractive. In some ways I applaud her honesty we always say to people just tell me the truth. Unless we don't like the truth. Then we prefer to hear a lie. Yes I can tell he was hurt and it looks like he plans to inflict the same pain on her. That may make him feel better but its going to be a miserable 8 weeks (or however long they last).

If you spend time on discussion boards you'll develop a very thick skin.

She didn't have to say anything. She wasn't prompted. Also, in a situation like this, you don't need to share your negative thoughts about your spouses looks. It's not necessary while you are trying to grow something. All you are actually doing is driving a wedge. Just let it be and see how things shake out. If the attraction grows, it's something you can laugh about later. It's a lot less funny when you are trying to grow something.

On 2/3/2023 at 6:35 PM, pdlinda said:

It is absolutely amazing to me when I observe the level of alcohol consumption on the show! 

How ANY adult can pursue an actual "relationship"  with constant alcohol blurring and/or otherwise impacting his/her interactions with her/his spouse is astounding to me!  Chris and Nicole are heading the list of "boozers"  this season.

I recall the season with Erik Lake (the pilot) and his wife, Virginia, where her continual reliance of alcohol to cope with every situation became an issue and they subsequently divorced (I saw on Instagram that he is now married to another).

Sometimes I think the producers are aware of all the FLAWS in the "matches" they create so they rely on a steady, continuous free flow of alcohol to tamp down the dissatisfaction between the parties knowing full well that most, if not all the couples will decide to divorce either on Decision Day, or afterward (when no more pay checks are forthcoming).

Chris and Nicole are on vacation. It's not indicative of anything. I barely drink as I've gotten older. Not for any real reason. On vacation I'm drinking up and letting loose. Virginia's life was all about the next night out. Different situations.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, princelina said:

I could, and if the guy I had been matched with had been a big baby it would be a huge turn-off for me.  Conversely, I myself found Clint more attractive for his easygoing behavior.  Since Gina was cool about it, I'd think she'd like a guy who didn't act like a baby or a dick, which is why I found it all the more surprising that she had to let him know right after that she wasn't attracted to his gingery self!

11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

She didn't have to say anything. She wasn't prompted. Also, in a situation like this, you don't need to share your negative thoughts about your spouses looks. It's not necessary while you are trying to grow something. All you are actually doing is driving a wedge. Just let it be and see how things shake out. If the attraction grows, it's something you can laugh about later. It's a lot less funny when you are trying to grow something.

Chris and Nicole are on vacation. It's not indicative of anything. I barely drink as I've gotten older. Not for any real reason. On vacation I'm drinking up and letting loose. Virginia's life was all about the next night out. Different situations.

So Gina said at the afterparty that both she and Clint were listing off the traits in each other that they normally do not go for in a mate.

She claimed she said she loved his hair but usually does not go for red-headed guys and then he did the same with her.

If this is true then the editing was very purposefully misleading because he seemed stunned and hurt.

She also might be trying to save face.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

So Gina said at the afterparty that both she and Clint were listing off the traits in each other that they normally do not go for in a mate.

She claimed she said she loved his hair but usually does not go for red-headed guys and then he did the same with her.

If this is true then the editing was very purposefully misleading because he seemed stunned and hurt.

I only thought she said at the afterparty that they were very honest with each other about everything and so she was being honest - I don't remember her saying he did it too.  

So far this is a blah group. Arris is a jerk. Shaq seems nice. Dom and her guy seem okay but I think that’s going to change quick. Big arms and nice guy also seem okay now but I doubt she’s going to stay as nice as she is right now.
I don’t think Gina should have used the word ginger. It’s not complimentary. I also think it best not to announce what traits one is normally not attracted to. First off, it’s almost always going to cause some hurt feelings. Second, if what they are normally attracted to was working, they wouldn’t be on married at first sight. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
On 2/1/2023 at 9:03 PM, Crashcourse said:

I think Gina ate somebody.  

Yup . But Clint’s hair color is the problem . I love how in next weeks previews , she is offended that he said his usual type is slender women yet she just told him ( without him asking for it ) that she’s not into Ginger’s and that’s just how it is . 
Both hair color and weight can be changed but Gina’s comment wasn’t necessary and I don’t blame him for saying something in return . I’m petty like him lol . Plus I have a ginger son and he’s adorable . 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Don't believe it.

It's also doubly annoys me if she says that on the afterparty and gets butt hurt about Clint saying she's not his type physically. I don't won't to here her argument that it's bad because it's a group setting. Something people love to you use on here. You are on a TV show. Anything you say that is embarrassing to someone else will be seen by millions. Also, the people on here, especially the women, love dishing dirt and secrets to each other when they split up in gendered groups regardless of the spouses feelings. We shall see.

• Like 1