Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E05: It's All About The Journey

• Start Topic

Five pairs of newlywed strangers dive into their tropical Jamaican honeymoon via local rum, ATVs, snorkeling, and sailing, but some spouses see red flags when they learn that their partners aren't very adventurous.  And while one couple inches closer to saying 'I love you,' a shocking revelation leaves one bride to question whether or not her husband can ever love her.

Airs Wednesday, February 1, at 8:00PM EST.

I got here late and the lack of posts leads me to believe everyone has fallen asleep.

I'm over these brides who are always judging their grooms for not being manly or adventurous or take-charge enough. They want a "leader" who will pay all the bills. I do like a masculine man, but not like that. MAFS seems to pick a lot of women with "traditional" views.

So...this is the season of Thick Brides, huh?

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

So Kirsten says she's never been big on kissing but she's into 8-9 inch schlongs. 

Clint looks scared of Gina.  

3 minutes ago, kikicat said:

That skimpy bottom Gina was wearing was begging for mercy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11

I had to laugh when Chris and Nicole were doing rum shots and he said he didn’t know how the alcohol would affect her since she’s small. That’s not a word I’d ever think I’d hear associated with her. 
I hope she can control her mess and not overreact to everything. 

I just can’t with Arris and his nasty talk. Jazmin must be okay with it and actually likes him a lot more than I thought she would. 

Between Gina’s gaping maw and her flared nostrils, I don’t know where to look. I’m all for nose piercings, but with a nose like that,  better now draw attention to it.  
Obviously, this has to be boring because I turning to petty comments on their looks!

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

Airris’s shirt in on inside out. Yes, I’m that bored that I’m noticing picky stuff like this. 
oh thank the reality TV gods this is another 90 minutes episode, I was falling asleep. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

Maybe he had to turn it inside out because of a logo or brand they didn't want to show. Wow, I'm a skilled conversationist, too.

It's over! Prayers answered.

Previews: Clint goes there! Whooo, boy.

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm still here, on page 200 of a 700 page book, and half-watching Afterparty.  Cocktail is The Gingersnap. Perfect.

Shaq's looking dapper in a black turtleneck. He's talking about being cautious on the ATV and I get it. Was in a motorbike accident as a teen and never wanted to get on one again.

Replay of the awkward ginger moment. Gina says they were bantering? Editing elves at it again.

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

I don’t believe any of these couples, appearing on this show, will be successful long term. I thought Gina and  Clint might be successful, however she verbal destroys him when she made comments about his appearance. At this time, I believe Gina is only on the show for the paycheck and Clint should take that same approach. I don’t believe these couples are physically attracted to each other, and we know that Gina isn’t attracted to redheads.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, kikicat said:

This is the season of brides who are healthy and beautiful…

But for the love of God, would Coppertone or someone please step up and sponsor some sunscreen for these people???

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Those high pitched bugs? In the background are hurting my ears. 
I think Dominique is SO pretty. 

It's actually some kind of tree frog. My husband and I honeymooned in Jamaica a few years ago and we were more than halfway through the week before we found out it wasn't bugs or birds. So loud in person and extremely hard to hear their nighttime conversations.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

1 hour ago, kikicat said:

Replay of the awkward ginger moment. Gina says they were bantering? Editing elves at it again.

Nah, that's her backpedalling. I can't see myself playfully "bantering" with someone that's telling me how unattracted to me they are. I felt sorry for Clint, something I didn't think I'd ever say.

The real Airris was showing at that dinner. If I was Jasmine, I'd start giving him the side-eye. I can't believe he told her she was giving off class and he wished she was giving off whore

I really liked Mack and Dominique and their flirty banter this episode. 

Shaq and Kirsten are beginning to show promise.

Nicole and Chris were boring.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Airris’s shirt in on inside out. Yes, I’m that bored that I’m noticing picky stuff like this. 
oh thank the reality TV gods this is another 90 minutes episode, I was falling asleep. 

They said on Afterparty that their luggage was late arriving so maybe that was a half-hearted attempt to wear something semi-cleanish?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I had to laugh when Chris and Nicole were doing rum shots and he said he didn’t know how the alcohol would affect her since she’s small. That’s not a word I’d ever think I’d hear associated with her. 
I hope she can control her mess and not overreact to everything. 

I just can’t with Arris and his nasty talk. Jazmin must be okay with it and actually likes him a lot more than I thought she would. 

Between Gina’s gaping maw and her flared nostrils, I don’t know where to look. I’m all for nose piercings, but with a nose like that,  better now draw attention to it.  
Obviously, this has to be boring because I turning to petty comments on their looks!

I know but her looks are distracting, maybe a bit horsey even and she has the absolute nerve to bring up his ginger looks then he gets even saying he is usually attracted to athletic slender women lol and she does not take that well at all but as much as he kind of bugs me I thought touche! She deserved it!

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

When Airiis said he had never been in love with a woman, it gave me pause…

Like other way?

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Lol this show always puts me to sleep but tonight I was busy shopping online so made it through the marathon.

Edited by endure
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

The whole world stopped for a moment!  He's a silly little thing.  Unpolished and very unsophisticated!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

The whole world stopped for a moment!  He's a silly little thing.  Unpolished and very unsophisticated!

Yes there’s something very off putting about him, he never seems genuine or something,  I’m not quite sure what it is.

• Like 9
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

But for the love of God, would Coppertone or someone please step up and sponsor some sunscreen for these people???

Watching it I thought if they aren't wearing some sort of sunscreen, their skin will wrinkle faster then normal and they will look 60 when they are 45.  Or they will develop skin cancer.   

• Like 2

Gina:  I'm not really attracted to gingers

Clint:  That works for me cause I'm not really attracted to women with an extra set of teeth who constantly have their mouths agape.  Nor do I like over inflated lips like yours.  So yeah, I think we're good. 

I'm so confused by Nicole.  She has a very small, short, round face.  Quite the contrast to her broad shoulders, big arms and hands.  She should never wear a tank top.  Super emphasizes her large features.  None of it seems to fit.  Chris called her small.  She also called herself petite.  I just don't see it, though.  Short, yes, but I wouldn't say petite. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
12 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Gina:  I'm not really attracted to gingers

Clint:  That works for me cause I'm not really attracted to women with an extra set of teeth who constantly have their mouths agape.  Nor do I like over inflated lips like yours.  So yeah, I think we're good. 

I'm so confused by Nicole.  She has a very small, short, round face.  Quite the contrast to her broad shoulders, big arms and hands.  She should never wear a tank top.  Super emphasizes her large features.  None of it seems to fit.  Chris called her small.  She also called herself petite.  I just don't see it, though.  Short, yes, but I wouldn't say petite. 

Gina has one of the biggest mouths I’ve ever seen - like, its actual size, not “she talks a lot.” I don’t find Clint attractive either (nothing to do with red hair, he just doesn’t do anything for me), but it’s like … okay, Gina, we get it. I was initially ready to come at Clint for what he’s going to say in a future episode about liking thin women, but I have less sympathy for Gina given that she went there about Clint’s looks first.

I think a lot of people say “petite” when they mean “short.” Nicole is short and chubby; she’s not petite. Petite is short and small-framed.

Dom’s boobs looked great in her bikini but I hated the green dress she wore to dinner. Unflattering and looked cheap. 

… We have outdoor showers in the States, Dom.

It was crazy to me that Kirsten just announced that she’s a bad kisser. Like … you don’t want to work on that?

• Like 9

I was so surprised when Gina told Clint she wasn't attracted to him.  I would always recommend giving it time before making a statement like that because one can never really walk back that comment (although it sounds like she tried on the after show [which I didn't watch]).  Then, of course, she will be totally offended when he goes there...

Aairis just seems to think a lot of himself.  And, IMO, he totally signed up for this to be on t.v., get a paycheck, and have sex with someone for 8 weeks before walking away.

In different lighting I notice more scars and other things that show just how horrific Shaq's injuries were when he and his family were in that accident.  I better understand why he never played sports and I totally understand why he continues to be cautious.  It seems that he has really overcome many obstacles through his life-kudos to him.

Even when younger, I could never have done all of those rum shots that Nicole and Chris did.  I am glad that Chris put it out there about wanting children.  Again, "experts" do your jobs.  It lets Nicole know that if she really doesn't want them then she should not get totally invested in this relationship and that they should say "no" on decision day.  Whether or not to have children is a very real, and valid, deal-breaker.  

I know that many posters have commented about how loud the tree frogs were during the episode (and I agree), but for me, the constant and loud background music is getting to be too much.  I really noticed it this week as well as last week.  It overrides the conversations and I find it very distracting.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Those high pitched bugs? In the background are hurting my ears. 
I think Dominique is SO pretty. 

If you're talking about dusk and after dark, it's tree frogs, and they are part of night time in Jamaica. I happen to love the sound. Here's a nice video -- not mine, but from a place I've stayed -- that nicely shows how the sound increases with increasing darkness.

Also some general musings:

Shaq seems like a decent guy. Kirsten seems like a spoiled brat who wants everything her way and keeps score. The Book Of You Owe Me is no way to start a marriage.

Nicole can look extremely attractive or extremely not. Chris (?) is either full of it or he sees something I don't. He seems kind of sweet, but also a little desperate.

In general: Why do the "experts" deliberately make mismatches in terms of what people find attractive. If a guy says he likes slim, fit girls, why would you set him up with someone who's got big thighs? If a woman likes a man with hair, why sabotage it out of the gate by matching her with a bald guy? These matches are clearly just set up for drama, and since we're talking about actual marriage and actually divorce, it's awfully cruel.

Edited by brilliantbreakfast
  • Like 10
  • Applause 2
32 minutes ago, Shauna said:

I couldn't figure out what was "off" about Nicole, but you may be right.  Her proportions are, "different".

What is the show waiting for to get to the point of telling these people that they went on a reality blind matching show to try something *D*I*F*F*E*R*E*N*T*, therefore, we DO NOT need to hear about how their spouse is *D*I*F*F*E*R*E*N*T* than the type they've dated in the past.  Every single time one of them says some variation of that I really just want to slap them silly.  I thought whats-her-name on the aftershow was going to say it, but even she danced around it.

I love that most of this seasons' couples seem to be real/normal in terms of attractiveness, with the exception of Kirsten.  I would really like to see Kirsten and Shaq succeed.  I want to see Kirsten let her guard down and see Shaq for the king he is.  The rest I really don't care either way. 

7 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I know that many posters have commented about how loud the tree frogs were during the episode (and I agree), but for me, the constant and loud background music is getting to be too much.  I really noticed it this week as well as last week.  It overrides the conversations and I find it very distracting.

THIS!!!!!  Like others have said, I thought it was either my TV or something going very wrong in my house.  If I was there in person and that was going on 24/7, I would go insane. Make it s-t-o-o-o-o-p-p-p-p!!!

Edited by suzeecat
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I couldn't figure out what was "off" about Nicole, but you may be right.  Her proportions are, "different".

What is the show waiting for to get to the point of telling these people that they went on a reality blind matching show to try something *D*I*F*F*E*R*E*N*T*, therefore, we DO NOT need to hear about how their spouse is *D*I*F*F*E*R*E*N*T* than the type they've dated in the past.  Every single time one of them says some variation of that I really just want to slap them silly. 

I love that most of this seasons' couples seem to be real/normal in terms of attractiveness, with the exception of Kirsten.  I would really like to see Kirsten and Shaq succeed.  I want to see Kirsten let her guard down and see Shaq for the king he is.  The rest I really don't care either way. 

THIS!!!!!  Like others have said, I thought it was either my TV or something going very wrong in my houseIf I was there in person and that was going on 24/7, I would go insane. Make it s-t-o-o-o-o-p-p-p-p!!!

Me, too.  I actually muted my tee vee several times to try to figure out:  what the fuck is that noise? 

I don't understand how, if Chris definitely wants kids and Nicole isn't sure, why would they wait a year or two to revisit this?  Wouldn't it be best to find out RIGHT NOW if they are on the same page?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Shauna said:

I don't understand how, if Chris definitely wants kids and Nicole isn't sure, why would they wait a year or two to revisit this?  Wouldn't it be best to find out RIGHT NOW if they are on the same page?

I think the idea is to wait and see if Nicole’s “not sure” turns into a “yes.” I also think they shouldn’t pair a “not sure” with a “definite,” particularly when people are over 30 and really over 35 (I think Chris is 36?).

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
13 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Almost an hour in and this is so boring! 
I liked how all the couples went on physical activities and they had Chris and Nicole getting drunk on rum on the beach. 

That drinking scene one after another was ridiculous.  A person could pass out in the heat.  What was the purpose?

• Like 7

I thought Shaq looked like a clown on the aftershow. He has buggy eyes anyway and those glasses did him no favors. If my husband walked out of the bedroom in that getup to go on national tv, I would insist he change into something more classy and much less garish. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

If a guy says he likes slim, fit girls, why would you set him up with someone who's got big thighs? If a woman likes a man with hair, why sabotage it out of the gate by matching her with a bald guy? These matches are clearly just set up for drama, and since we're talking about actual marriage and actually divorce, it's awfully cruel.

Amen. I just can't be so cavalier about divorce. This show is like 'no big deal' if it doesn't work out. I'd be giving it my all to make it work, but then again, I would have never gone on this show when single. I especially feel bad for Jasmine, b/c she's a preacher's daughter and seems to have gone into this with the right intentions. I think Aaris is 'saying' all the right things, but find him very disingenuous, as someone upthread has mentioned.

I also am upset about Nicole and Chris, b/c I honestly thought they might have a chance to make it, as they both seem so earnest and intent on making it work. But Nicole seemingly being on the fence about having children has put a damper on my hopes for a successful match. You can clearly see that Chris definitely wants children, so yeah, kudos 'experts' on this pairing.

Kids or no kids are non-negotiable as far as I'm concerned with pets coming in as strong second.

10 minutes ago, Rebky said:

those glasses did him no favors.

I loved those glasses on Shaq. To each his own, I guess. I didn't care for his suit, however. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Particularly Clint...the poor man looked like a lobster by the end of the episode.

13 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Nah, that's her backpedalling. I can't see myself playfully "bantering" with someone that's telling me how unattracted to me they are. I felt sorry for Clint, something I didn't think I'd ever say.

The real Airris was showing at that dinner. If I was Jasmine, I'd start giving him the side-eye. I can't believe he told her she was giving off class and he wished she was giving off whore

I really liked Mack and Dominique and their flirty banter this episode. 

Shaq and Kirsten are beginning to show promise.

Nicole and Chris were boring.

Airris is in it for a paycheck and he seems to have already lost interest in his bride.

I felt like he was purposely being a jerk to be passive-aggressive.

I wish Jasmine and Shaq were matched together. They both seem to sincerely want to be married.

11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

His drooping eyelids give him the unfortunate appearance of always being high.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 2/2/2023 at 9:25 AM, Empress1 said:

Dom’s boobs looked great in her bikini but I hated the green dress she wore to dinner. Unflattering and looked cheap. 

Dom is attractive but that green dress had a clearance at Shein vibe about it.

It did not flatter her in the least.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I thought the exact same thing! 

I think Nicole could be pretty but  just can't get past all those tattoos!! So far, I haven't seen any tattoos on Chris. Anyone notice??

• Like 5
18 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm meh on Kirsten, but she did have a point about how Shaq talks to her because he sounds like he's giving her a presentation.  He doesn't sound natural. 

I did like how she brought that up to him and how he received it.  It was a very mature conversation.   

17 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Me too..LOL... So much so that a rewound the conversation.  I settled on he was repeating the exact phrasing that Jasmine used.  She asked had he every been in love with a woman.

That being said, this show needs to stop casting men who say they have never been in love (especially if they are 39).  They never work out, and it's not fair to the ladies they get matched with.   

Finally, I felt like the camera lingered on Gina's thick thighs a little longer than was necessary.  But I guess it was to set up next week's drama.   

• Like 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

Dom is attractive but that Green Dress had a clearance at Shein vibe about it.

It did not flatter her in the least.

They did mention in the aftershow that all of their luggage got lost for a few days and so they had to go shopping in the giftshop.   That's why when Gina was going through her beach bag in the room she was showing Clint everything that was in there and she even mentioned that some shirt would fit Clint which made no sense to me at the time.   Although I recall one of the girls saying she had to try on all of her bathing suits so maybe everyone didn't lose their luggage.

I thought GIna was mean to Clint (and I don't love Clint) so I don't get how she gets all offended next week.  I started off liking her but she is starting to annoy me.  Don't care for the nose ring or the super long hair extensions.  

I think Chris does genuinely find Nicole attractive.  Not everyone on earth is a ten and not everyone can date a ten.  Chris is a decent-looking guy and Nicole is a decent-looking woman but neither would be ranked a ten and that's okay.  I think Nicole may have had weight loss surgery.  It seems like it would explain her shape and her desire to wear more revealing clothes than many people with her body type would wear.  Either that or she lost a lot of weight on her own.  But she's comfortable in her own skin and I think that's a positive.  

I started off not liking Dom but she actually seems pretty funny and she and McKinley seem like they have a fun playful relationship at this point.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

I started off not liking Dom but she actually seems pretty funny and she and McKinley seem like they have a fun playful relationship at this point.  

I think the age difference, eight years, is going to catch up with them.

Not betting money that they stay together!

Edited by Rightside
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Looks like Clint claps back at Gina next week.  Good for him., since she's the one who started the conversation about his looks.

Exactly!  And she brings it up to the group before he goes there too!

19 hours ago, kikicat said:

Shaq didn't think so - he could tell she hurt his feelings.  

7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I was so surprised when Gina told Clint she wasn't attracted to him.  I would always recommend giving it time before making a statement like that because one can never really walk back that comment (although it sounds like she tried on the after show [which I didn't watch]).  Then, of course, she will be totally offended when he goes there...

She wasn't trying to walk it back for his sake - she was just trying to make herself sound better when the others all thought she was harsh.  There's just no reason to say that to your spouse (unless he/she says it first -ha!  I'm Team Clint on this one), especially if everything is going well and you're getting along nicely.  Attraction can grow; he's not pressuring her to have sex NOW; how self-centered and rude do you have to be to understand that a comment like that will hurt the other person's feelings and put a damper on what you're trying to achieve?  

• Like 8
  • Love 1