Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings

• Start Topic

Demos up for first week of sweeps, all soaps are taking a hit in the total viewers though.

Patch getting forced to have sex with Ava chased the audience away on Thursday.

Ratings Feb 1-5

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2016/02/ratings-days-up-in-women-18-49-demo-2

Monday, February 1

Steve (Stephen Nichols) works to make a deal with Ava (Tamara Braun); Ciara (Vivian Jovanni) tears into Chase (Jonathon McClendon); Philip (John-Paul Lavoisier) talks to Belle (Martha Madison) about Deimos' (Vincent Irizarry) blackmail; Eve (Kassie DePaiva) becomes Claire's (Olivia Rose Keegan) mentor.

Tuesday, February 2

Joey (James Lastovic) catches Steve and Ava in a private moment; Belle tells eve to steer clear of her daughter; Theresa (Jen Lilley) and Nicole (Arianne Zucker) make a career move; Brady (Eric Martsolf) dreams of a mysterious woman.

Wednesday, February 3

Chad (Billy Flynn) makes a deal with Adrienne (Judi Evans) and Justin (Wally Kurth); Chase and Ciara have an emotional confrontation; Rafe (Galen Gering) supports Hope (Kristian Alfonso) as she deals with family drama; Eric (Greg Vaughan) confronts Jennifer (Melissa Reeves) about her use of painkillers.

Thursday, February 4

Steve goes to extreme lengths to save Kayla (Mary Beth Evans); Belle accepts her feelings for Philip; Deimos threatens Philip; J.J. (Casey Moss) rescues Gabi (Camila Banus).

Friday, February 5

Andre (Thaao Penghlis) works to convince Chad that Hope killed Stefano; Kate (Lauren Koslow) finds Deimos intriguing; Theresa notices Jennifer's odd behavior; Brady dreams of the mystery woman's face

3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

soaps.com is reporting that Days has been renewed for another year.

Yay. As much as I'm not enjoying the show these days, I'm not ready to see it get cancelled.  

1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Are the ratings worse than GH's ratings?

Unfortunately, Days is always the least watched of the 4 soaps. Here's the most recent week's ratings:

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2017/02/ratings-soaps-total-viewers-4#ixzz4Z2aIVCt6

• Love 1
14 hours ago, buffynut said:

Yay. As much as I'm not enjoying the show these days, I'm not ready to see it get cancelled.  

I think that sums it up pretty well for everyone.  I agree, at least.  The show has been pretty bad now for several years, but it would still be a shame if if was cancelled.  I'd miss it, I guess.

• Love 5

No one has posted here since May 2017, but this thread needs to be resurrected, as Days came in SECOND place in a couple categories in the Dec 24 to Dec 28 ratings, and ahead of GH in all of them.  Along with the show's renewal for a 55th season, a lot of good news this week.  Woo Hoo !!!!  

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2019/01/ratings-report-for-the-week-december-24-28-2018

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/nbc-days-of-our-lives-55-season-1203102798/

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 8

Wow, those ratings SUCK. Just like I said before: The time jump is a complete fucking disaster. And smacked of someone that just wanted to move the characters around without needing any writing talent or coherent stories to do so.

But then, Ron is a hack, so...

• Love 5
23 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wow, those ratings SUCK. Just like I said before: The time jump is a complete fucking disaster. And smacked of someone that just wanted to move the characters around without needing any writing talent or coherent stories to do so.

But then, Ron is a hack, so...

Looking at those numbers, though, didn't Y/R and B/B lose way bigger numbers?  Days was always fourth.  The top two shows lost a lot.

Y/R is the most sleep-inducing show on TV, and I include all TV in that assessment.

B/B as always has some stuff going on at a fast pace.  Crazy stuff, but they even lost viewers.

The pre-emptions def hurt Days time jump, it was so confusing.  I found that I had to go back to On Demand to figure out what I had missed.

I am one who is actually enjoying the time jump, though I didn't think I would.  But with the pre-emptions, it made it difficult, so they may have lost viewers that way.

• Love 2

My parents were teens/early 20s in the 1960s, so they always told me about the limbo. The song for that dance went "how LOW can you GO?!". Pretty much sums up Days' miserable and totally well-deserved ratings.

Everything is miserable, joyless, and outright ridiculous.

• Love 4

So apparently, the ratings still suck. And most of the comments where those ratings are posted are basically doing what we do here - ragging on brain chips and the Stevano crap.

Make it stop, before the ratings go fractional!

• Love 3

I was hoping this would happen. Tvline.com is reporting that ratings for all soaps are up. (Sorry I can’t give the direct link) I would like to know how they compared to other daytime shows. My first impression was that people will watch soaps if they didn’t have to work, etc. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Not since the reruns have happened they're that low... they've been getting drag for it while Y&R and B&B are at least going back into their vault GH isn't at least not far back enough.

Edited by CanaryFan98

Days has hit a new low in total viewers...1,747,0000 (-63,000 from last week).

The time jump is an epic fail . It was blatantly obvious that carlivati wrote himself into a corner and got himself out of it under the guise of the time jump . What made this extra obvious was the fact that the time jump consisted of the same characters he was writing for before the time jump. If he was serious about this time jump  he should have culled some characters such as Brady ,Ben ,Ciara ,Faux Sarah and so on and even brought back the likes of Carrie ,Mike ,Eugene,Cassie  ,Calliope and introduced the likes of Noelle Curtis ,Andrew Donovan ,Kiriakis twins ,alexander Kiriakis,Spencer olsen and so on.the canvas should have seen a sort of clean slate  but nah , he stuck with the same characters he wrote into a corner. 

28 minutes ago, Rafael said:

If he was serious about this time jump  he should have culled some characters such as Brady ,Ben ,Ciara ,Faux Sarah and so on and even brought back the likes of Carrie ,Mike ,Eugene,Cassie  ,Calliope and introduced the likes of Noelle Curtis ,Andrew Donovan ,Kiriakis twins ,alexander Kiriakis,Spencer olsen and so on.the canvas should have seen a sort of clean slate  but nah , he stuck with the same characters he wrote into a corner. 

That's not how soaps work.  Ron doesn't have carte blanche to hire and fire and decide who will be on the show.  Hell, it sounds like there's plenty of EP interference even with stories.

And new characters aren't going to miraculous make the execution any better. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

That's not how soaps work.  Ron doesn't have carte blanche to hire and fire and decide who will be on the show.  Hell, it sounds like there's plenty of EP interference even with stories.

And to just swap out characters would make viewers confused, lose investment, and just turn the show off.

Not that it is doing all that much better now, obviously. But I think it all comes down to the horrible writing, lack of motivation for...well, almost everything, rewarding psychos with happy endings (hi, Kristen!), and so many more issues.

What it comes down to is, this is the only soap currently showing new episodes. And it is still a God-awful failure. You'd think it would wake Ken Corday the hell up. His parents, Betty and Ted, need to haunt him for what he is doing to their legacy.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Then they shouldnt have allowed him to do the time jump in the first place. He hasnt done anything groundbreaking or innovative with it. Same ol same ol . Its blatantly clear that he requested the time jump because his already limited skill set as a writer were pushed beyond breaking point and he just wanted a way out and restart again.

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

And to just swap out characters would make viewers confused, lose investment, and just turn the show off.

Not that it is doing all that much better now, obviously. But I think it all comes down to the horrible writing, lack of motivation for...well, almost everything, rewarding psychos with happy endings (hi, Kristen!), and so many more issues.

What it comes down to is, this is the only soap currently showing new episodes. And it is still a God-awful failure. You'd think it would wake Ken Corday the hell up. His parents, Betty and Ted, need to haunt him for what he is doing to their legacy.

But the thing is , the viewers they have left  are pretty much the die hard fans who have been watching the show for a long time . Its very clear that the mainstream and casual people wont watch the show on a consistent basis . And its very likely that when they do catch an episode ,they walk away being insulted by Prjncess Gina brain chip  and Stefano's soul in steve's body schtick. 

As for swapping characters ,why the heck not ? Atleast most of the characters that could be brought back are legacy characters who have prior history and relations with the characters on the canvas. It wont be difficult to explain their connections to the present characters on the canvas. For instance ,I started watching the show around 1992 and had never ever seen Kayla ,Kimberly ,Steve ,Shane ,Larry Welch ,Andre DiMera ,Melissa Horton etc  But I never struggled or got confused when they returned as guests or when Steve and Kayla returned to the show in 2006 . At that point  i didnt even know that Jack (Mark Valley's version ) had a brother and was married to Kayla. But the writers did a decent job explaining their history during the week of their big return and I had invested in Steve and Kayla especially after going to wikipedia and Days NBC page to read the character bios. Same scenario unfolded when Max and Frankie Brady returned in 2005 as I only though that Bo,Roman and Kim were the only children of Shawn and Caroline.I still managed to catch up on their history and so on.

I think you underestimate the viewers ability to grasp and adapt to new characters. As long as the writing is good and makes sense , the characters will catch on. Especially if they were on the show prior. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wow. When you're the only program that has new episodes and yet you're STILL losing...

What will it take for them to ditch Ron?

Never liked his "writing", all the way back to OLTL.  Once he hits a show, I bail.

• Love 2
On 7/22/2020 at 1:49 AM, Rafael said:

I think the ratings are now the lowest in DAYS history.

That's so bad. Especially since they are the only soap airing current content and not repeats. Damn.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

That's so bad. Especially since they are the only soap airing current content and not repeats. Damn.

And, you would think that people are more likely to be bored and willing to watch pretty much anything new.  Guess it can't compete with those old Adam-12 reruns.

• LOL 2