Type keyword(s) to search

I'm So Disappointed In You: Celebrity Misdeeds

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Juliana Margulies is someone I never liked but never had a reason why, I just didn't care for her. Now I've got a reason. YIKES! "You don't exist." WTF?!?!?! Also, that highlighted bit... um... just wow. 

I agree but it doesn't come as a surprise to me considering not just her aloofness towards her onetime colleague Miss Punjabi but also her rather classless and tacky response to someone asking about it (and I'm strictly talking about the deliberate rudeness even without her adding any f-bombs).

Sorry Miss Margulies but no one is obligated to like or identify with any other person or group. No. One.  And you don't even seem to be willing to try to attempt civility towards anyone who doesn't worship you or your POV.

BLEAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

So wait what?  Juliana Margulies is the new JK Rowling?  Can someone even explain in TLDR fashion what she’s ranting?  
Oh, and it includes “I’m not a lesbian but I play one on TV”?  Oy. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Uh, Jules? Just because you play a lesbian on TV doesn’t make you an LGTBTQ expert, let alone an ally. Shut up.

That alone is pretty dumb, like Jenna from 30 Rock level actor stupidity. Does she also think she can represent people in court because she once played a lawyer? Because saying that would have been less stupid.

• Like 15
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Uh, Jules? Just because you play a lesbian on TV doesn’t make you an LGBTQ expert, let alone an ally. Shut up.

She took Peter Bergman's old "I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV" commercials seriously. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 10
16 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

She took Peter Bergman's old "I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV" commercials seriously. 

I am not an LGBT person so I could be way off here but I feel like her statement is dumber. Because you probably could learn some medical stuff by playing a doctor on TV. But I don't think you can learn what life is like for an actual gay person by making out with Reese Witherspoon on a secured set surrounds by other actors and people who fully understand you are pretending.

• Like 19
  • Applause 1

There has been rumors for years about her being "difficult" on sets.  Guess we now know what they meant by difficult.

In 2023 even marginally intelligent people know what they can say and what they should not say.  If Juliana didn't realize she should not say what she said she must be a truly hateful person.  And she can't say she was misquoted because she said this out loud on a podcast. 

And by the way, it was Andy Ostroy's podcast.  He was married to the late Adrienne Shelly.  I only listened to a snippet of the podcast.  Did he say anything in response to what Juliana said?

• Like 14
18 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

And by the way, it was Andy Ostroy's podcast.  He was married to the late Adrienne Shelly.  I only listened to a snippet of the podcast.  Did he say anything in response to what Juliana said?

I only listened to some of the snippets as well.  But I didn't get a sense he gave any real pushback.

The podcast actually aired over a week ago and it is only in the last 24hrs that it is getting any real traction. I wonder if now he'll address it in some way or just sit back and enjoy the added hits on his podcast.

In all the truly awful racist/homophobic stuff, this little gem got missed:

“stunned by my industry…. Can you imagine the WGA not putting out a statement after George Floyd?” she said. “And yet when it was the Jews. By the way, all of our great material on television is pretty much from the Jews."

She is truly a piece of work.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 4
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Uh....by doing it, you WERE being a bad mother. SMH.

But she had to.  She had to give her daughter a FUTURE!!!  Without getting into the school she wouldn't have had one,  She would have died right after graduating high school. That is just facts.

Also something....something... Black people!

“They came into my home. They woke my daughters up at gunpoint. Again, nothing new to the Black and brown community.

Meanwhile black and brown people everywhere are:

nenewhyamIinthis.gif.71163f9ee1aaa37e72417233ccf0dead.gif

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 9

So if Felicity's daughter didn't have the grades to get into a good school and Felicity committed crimes to ensure her daughter did get into a good school what did she think would happen after her daughter was accepted?  Was someone going to do her daughter's work?  Take her exams?  And if daughter graduated was Felicity going to break the law to make sure her daughter got a job that she wanted?

34 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Also something....something... Black people!

“They came into my home. They woke my daughters up at gunpoint. Again, nothing new to the Black and brown community.

I don't even want to know the context of why she said that.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

As for Juliana Margulies, I liked her for a bit in the beginning of "Good Wife" but she always gave off a vibe that "my greatness is not worthy of you peasants" in almost every scene. I never thought she was that great an actress either but that's just me.

Also, word of advice adding "the" to a sentence and listing a people group right after it, shows more of your attitude towards people in that community than any slur ever could. Any writer knows that adding "the" to a descriptor is a way of putting distance between the two subjects. So, yeah, JM crawl into a corner and watch your career die, please?

• Like 8
  • Applause 10

So after everything including her daughter's reaction to what she did Felicity Hoffman has no regrets? She still believes she "had" to break the law. Wow, that's a load of crap. But thank you now I know she's a bitch and move her to the actors I can't stand catagory. 

You did not have to break the law. You are a rich white woman married to a rich white man your daughter no matter what happens was going to be fine. Unlike many other parents' who have hard lives or can't afford to send their children to college. Get over yourself.

• Like 18
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2

What I really do not get with Felicity doing what she did--her daughter retook the SATs and got into Carnegie Mellon where she is in the drama department.  Like, why did Felicity feel she had to break the law to help her daughter.  CM may not be an Ivy League school, but it's up there.  I'm just going to drop a link to the Wikipedia page for the CM School of Drama with a list of its notable alumni--

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnegie_Mellon_School_of_Drama

• Like 4
  • Useful 8
24 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

You did not have to break the law. You are a rich white woman married to a rich white man your daughter no matter what happens was going to be fine. Unlike many other parents' who have hard lives or can't afford to send their children to college. Get over yourself.

Yes her saying she had to to do it for her daughter's future is ridiculous.  Like @Ohiopirate02 said her daughter ultimately got into Carnegie Mellon and is studying drama.  So if she wants a career in acting with the parents she has she was going to have a career in acting with or without a degree from a good school.  I think most of these parents just wanted to be able to say they had a kid who went to an Ivy or Stanford or USC. And do we know how many of these kids even wanted to go to the schools their parents committed crimes to get them into?

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
21 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Well damn.  Juliana Margulies did a podcast and what came out was a rather racist, unhinged rant against black people, non-binary folks and gays.

5 hours ago, DearEvette said:

“They came into my home. They woke my daughters up at gunpoint. Again, nothing new to the Black and brown community.

🎵 And when I rolled with the punches, I got knocked on the ground, BY ALL THIS BULLS**T going down . . .

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
20 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Well damn.  Juliana Margulies did a podcast and what came out was a rather racist, unhinged rant against black people, non-binary folks and gays.

This snippet here is both horrifying and rather funny:

Girl whut? Fuck you!

The tone of her voice when she said 'Blacks' and 'Those people' onthe podcast when referring to non-binary is so disdainful.

I guess that kinda clears up who was probably the problem between her and Archie.

A little context, JM has been actively speaking out on this topic, especially after world events of the past couple months.  In this podcast, she was specifically speaking about rallies supporting one side of the issue on college campuses, and in particular, that a campus organization for Black, LGBTQ women was participating and had placed a sign on their office stating that people of JM's religious faith were not welcome.  She was having a hard time reconciling their support of a group that has long been antagonistic to the LGBTQ community.  She, of course, supports the other side in the conflict.

I do think she let her emotions get the best of her and there were better ways to frame it; it was clear she is mainly frustrated for what she sees as a lack of support for a cause she believes in and that some of those not supporting her POV are instead supporting a group that would not be accepting of them as people.

She shoulda left the 'I know about the gays because I play one on TV' part out of it, for sure.  And trying to change people's thinking by yelling is not a effective strategy

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 7
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

What I really do not get with Felicity doing what she did--her daughter retook the SATs and got into Carnegie Mellon where she is in the drama department.  Like, why did Felicity feel she had to break the law to help her daughter.  CM may not be an Ivy League school, but it's up there.  I'm just going to drop a link to the Wikipedia page for the CM School of Drama with a list of its notable alumni--

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnegie_Mellon_School_of_Drama

Dang, talk about your "who's who" of the entertainment world! That's one hell of an impressive alumni list there!

• Like 6

I guess it's better that she apologized than not.  But, it is really too little, too late.  It's hard to believe that a woman her age, who has been in the public eye for 30 years, would lose control and say those things publicly in the first place.  She's obviously passionate about the situation, but all the more reason to not contribute to the hatred and fear.

• Like 11

Miss Huffman seemed to have joined Miss Margulies re just making things worse via not knowing when to set a watch on their lips and letting others be able to give the benefit of the doubt that they might have been fairminded and willing to accept ownership  for their own bad choices instead of doubling down after the fact and blabbing too much about their shadowsides.

Believe it or not, I actually had thought that when Miss Huffman got caught in the university admissions criminal actions , then quietly served her sentence and apologized for not believing in her daughter's abilities, I had believed she had been  genuinely contrite.

Not anymore! Now, not only did she bogusly attempt to throw a pity party for herself due to taking umbrage that the authorities would have actually arrested her for committing a crime that she admitted to (and needlessly spelled out her xenophobia towards folks not sharing her own pigmentation in the process) but Miss Huffman is now wants others to believe that committing a crime of having her daughter pushed ahead of worthy, qualified collegian applicants was 'being a good mother'! UGHH!!!! SO much wrong with that but now I feel even more sorry for the daughter who  likely has had that 'sacrifice' thrown in her face by Miss Huffman to guilt trip her. And, of course, this totally ignores the ACTUAL sacrifices by those qualified applicants and their families had made over the course of their lives to work & study hard (and likely financially sacrificed a huge part of their funds to be ready to pay sky high tuitions) to get into prestigious universities that got trashed by Miss Huffman and  other wanting to bump ahead their own less qualified offspring! 

Yeah, Miss Huffman, you had nearly convinced me that you were contrite over the crime and for having had no faith in your daughter's abilities but, now that you've opened your big fat mouth to throw that  pity party and take umbrage for the consequences, you've truly BLOWN IT!

• Like 14
7 hours ago, Blergh said:

Believe it or not, I actually had thought that when Miss Huffman got caught in the university admissions criminal actions , then quietly served her sentence and apologized for not believing in her daughter's abilities, I had believed she had been  genuinely contrite.

Same. The way she handled herself when the shit hit the fan made me think she just got caught up in something that, on reflection, she realized was bad. Nope. Though I guess she is a much better actress than I gave her credit for. With that kind of natural talent in her bloodstream her daughter really didn't need to go to drama school. 

• Like 14
On 11/30/2023 at 6:23 PM, DearEvette said:

On 11/30/2023 at 6:23 PM, DearEvette said:

“and as someone who plays a lesbian journalist on The Morning Show, I am more offended by it as a lesbian than I am as a Jew,

Girl whut? Fuck you!

The tone of her voice when she said 'Blacks' and 'Those people' onthe podcast when referring to non-binary is so disdainful.

I guess that kinda clears up who was probably the problem between her and Archie.

That is bizarre.  Uh...Juliana, you're not a lesbian, you know.  And what's with the oppression hierarchy? Jew is less oppressed than Black which is less oppressed than Gay?  So everyone needs to fall in line?  It's not a contest!

• Like 8
  • Applause 6

I wasn't sure if about Felicity Hoffman when it came out if she was really sorry or not. She did handle everything right. She express remorse especially with her daughter's reaction to what her mother did, accepted her actions and responsibility. She went to jail for her crime. It was the right move from a PR standpoint and for her career. If that was the case I was fine with it. It turns out that was the case why would she now say it? Why would she do that? It's only going to make people hate her and let everyone know that how entitled she is. It's so dumb.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
On 12/1/2023 at 11:28 AM, BetterButter said:

Why is she even talking about it. I hadn't even thought of that stupid scandal in years and unless someone reminded me I probably would have forgotten she was involved. 

Plus if you are someone who has all the advantages in the world (tutors, test prep,  money for fancy trips, no real restrictions on extra curricular stuff) and you still can't get into the school of your choice there is probably a good reason for it.

• Like 10
  • Applause 6

I agree Ms. Huffman should never have tried to justify what she did.   There are thousands of good colleges out there, not getting into one particular one should be the worst thing that happens to a kid.    It's sad that she thought so little of her daughter's abilities that she cheated to try to get her admitted over others who qualified legitimately.  

I also doubt it had anything to help the daughter as much as it was so Huffman could brag where her kid was going to college.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 8
On 11/30/2023 at 8:23 PM, DearEvette said:

Girl whut? Fuck you!

Iguess that kinda clears up who was probably the problem between her and Archie.

I was always TEAM Archie during that whole mess and I blame MarguLIES’s* unprofessionalism for ruining the show for me.

On 11/30/2023 at 9:03 PM, Mabinogia said:

Juliana Margulies is someone I never liked but never had a reason why, I just didn't care for her. Now I've got a reason. YIKES! "You don't exist." WTF?!?!?! Also, that highlighted bit... um... just wow. 

Neither have I. An article in The Washington Post appeared today and she is being RAKED over the coals like nobody’s business. Also mention of Sarandon’s comments which made my 🤯🤯 but somehow, I wasn’t surprised (at Sarandon). Who also, of course, backtracked. What she said was waaay beyond the pale and proved that being educated doesn’t prevent one from proving what a nimrodic ignoranamus one can be.

Unfortunately, the article is behind a paywall. 

*See what I did here?😆

• Like 7
  • Useful 6

The disappointment here being aimed at the Hall of Fame: Cher Drops Blunt Message Over Snubs By Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

Host Kelly Clarkson remarked that “DJ Play a Christmas Song,” Cher’s recent holiday single, helped her nab another top spot on a Billboard chart, making her the first woman — and solo artist — with a No. 1 hit in each of the past seven decades...

Clarkson went on to say that the achievement is “incredible,” but Cher noted that she’s still not in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

“Wait, are you serious?” Clarkson said, as members of the studio audience gasped.

“You know what? I wouldn’t be in it now if they gave me a million dollars,” Cher replied.

“I’m not — kidding you,” she added, with a brief pause. “I was about to say something else. Yes, I was about to say I’m not shitting you.”

Cher also said the museum can “go you-know-what themselves.”

Jann Wenner is gone but his influence lives on. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

The disappointment here being aimed at the Hall of Fame: Cher Drops Blunt Message Over Snubs By Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

Jann Wenner is gone but his influence lives on. 

I am kind of surprised that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has any relevance any more. Like with the number of people who have called out how crappy the selection process is including Steve Miller in his induction speech, and then the whole thing with Jann Wenner's comments about his book I am surprised that anyone even cares about it (either fans or artists). But all most people ever care about is if an artist getting in is Rock and Roll or not. 

It also seems like the Golden Globe awards got way more shit directed at them for being not quite as crappy. So how does the RRHoF keep going?

• Like 7

John Schneider, mediocre actor and country singer, reveals himself to be a racist ass; Likens Beyoncé to a peeing dog over new country songs.

Attributing how country music has changed over the years due to “a lot more crossover music and acts like Shania Twain and Carrie Underwood,” Steinberg then brought up the backlash that KYKC 100.1 FM faced for not playing Beyoncé’s new song.

“The lefties in the entertainment industry just won’t leave any area alone, right? They just have to seize control over every aspect, don’t they?” Steinberg asked.

“They’ve got to make their mark, just like a dog in a dog walk park,” Schneider replied with a smug smile. “You know, every dog has to mark every tree, right?”

A goog ol' boy indeed. 

• Like 9

“The lefties in the entertainment industry just won’t leave any area alone, right? They just have to seize control over every aspect, don’t they?” Steinberg asked.

I don't even know where to begin to unpack this comment. 

But yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, wow, Schneider's comments. Stuff it, dude. 

• Like 15
8 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

John Schneider, mediocre actor and country singer, reveals himself to be a racist ass; Likens Beyoncé to a peeing dog over new country songs.

A goog ol' boy indeed. 

1 hour ago, Affogato said:

I don't know if he has recently lost his mind or if he just now feels free to express his disgusting garbage.

Back in the day saying this kind of trash would have a negative effect on your career.  But nowadays it can be a career booster.  Schneider will probably parlay this into a concert tour of state fairs or something.

• Like 9
  • Sad 6
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

Back in the day saying this kind of trash would have a negative effect on your career.  But nowadays it can be a career booster.  Schneider will probably parlay this into a concert tour of state fairs or something.

Help! I am being silenced and cancelled! Come to my concert tour to experience in person how much cancelled I am!

• Like 4
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1