Type keyword(s) to search

I'm So Disappointed In You: Celebrity Misdeeds

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I found another article where Pierce apologized and owned his mistake.

Pierce Brosnan apologizes for Yellowstone Trespass

I'm glad he apologized and owned it, but it's another one of those things that should never have happened in the first place.  There are signs and warnings and even guard rails everywhere to prevent that sort of idiocy.  It wasn't a mistake.  You don't accidentally climb over a barrier.  But as I said, I am sad that he didn't have the respect in the first place not to leave the boardwalk.

• Like 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Well, she’s doing a big ABC special on weight loss on Monday night!  So not letting go, then. 

Talk about beating a dead horse except that that equine's remains have been beaten so much no animal cemetery have them. Real Housewives Of Atlanta Eating GIF

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
On 3/15/2024 at 10:39 AM, Browncoat said:

I'm glad he apologized and owned it, but it's another one of those things that should never have happened in the first place.  There are signs and warnings and even guard rails everywhere to prevent that sort of idiocy.  It wasn't a mistake.  You don't accidentally climb over a barrier.  But as I said, I am sad that he didn't have the respect in the first place not to leave the boardwalk.

So am I. They have signs all over the place and people are always ignoring them. They are there for a reason.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Jaded said:

No, Gina, Ingrid Bergman getting shunned by Hollywood after her affair with Roberto Rossellini was an "unnecessary cancellation"*.  People getting blacklisted by McCarthyism counts as an "unnecessary cancellation". You were a crappy employee who screwed up, so you got fired. And surely you of all people would agree that "no one is owed a job"?

*Yeah, they took her back 7 years later, but I think my point stands.

• Like 12
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 2
8 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

And surely you of all people would agree that "no one is owed a job"?

She had become toxic.  And employers and future employers are allowed to consider that in deciding if they want to work with someone.

She wasn't cancelled. She was made to deal with the consequences of her actions. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

She had become toxic.  And employers and future employers are allowed to consider that in deciding if they want to work with someone.

She wasn't cancelled. She was made to deal with the consequences of her actions. 

And she STILL doesn’t get it!

• Like 10
2 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

No, Gina, Ingrid Bergman getting shunned by Hollywood after her affair with Roberto Rossellini was an "unnecessary cancellation"*.  People getting blacklisted by McCarthyism counts as an "unnecessary cancellation". You were a crappy employee who screwed up, so you got fired. And surely you of all people would agree that "no one is owed a job"?

*Yeah, they took her back 7 years later, but I think my point stands.

And don’t forget she was denounced on the floor of the SENATE.

• Like 2
  • Sad 7
(edited)

As per NPR and other sources, country star Morgan Wallen was arrested  and charged with three felony counts of reckless endangerment and one misdemeanor early Monday morning (April 8,2024) after having allegedly thrown a chair off the roof of Eric Church's new bar called Chief to the street below just a few feet from two   Metropolitan Nashville  Police officers and other pedestrians. Oh, it should be mentioned that this particular rooftop is six stories above street  level!

For those who were oblivious to him having been caught using an  ethnic slur, it might not hurt to keep in mind that 'sticks and stones will break your bones/ while chairs thrown from six floors above could REALLY hurt you!'

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 4
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Blergh said:

As per NPR and other sources, country star Morgan Wallen was arrested  and charged with three felony counts of reckless endangerment and one misdemeanor early Monday morning (April 8,2024) after having allegedly thrown a chair off the roof of Eric Church's new bar called Chief to the street below just a few feet from two   Metropolitan Nashville  Police officers and other pedestrians. Oh, it should be mentioned that this particular rooftop is six stories above street  level!

For those who were oblivious to him having been caught using an  ethnic slur, it might not hurt to keep in mind that 'sticks and stones will break your bones/ while chairs thrown from six floors above could REALLY hurt you!'

I had decided to keep an open mind on Wallen, after he was given a time-out from Nashville after the racial slur episode. He apologized and seemed genuine. He had also had a thing with SNL, before that in which he engaged in activities prior to his performance on their show, he had agreed to refrain from. (Long story….was during covid) Anyway, it was apparent that drinking too much caused him to lose good judgment.  He admitted this.  

So, after he wss let back into Nashville, I listened to his music and realized the guy is very talented.  Great song writer and performer.  He quickly became very successful in the country music industry. I thought he had overcome his demons.  So, now…..with the chair throwing….I think I’m done with him.  He is a hot head with rage issues.  It reminds me of bullies who throw objects off of overpass bridges onto cars that maim or kill the occupants.  So callous.  I predict he’ll be coddled by those around him.  Ugh…..

• Like 8