Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, roamyn said:

FU Emmy's.

Not one mention in the Memorium section for David Soul.  When Starsky ^ Hutch was not only a groundbreaking show at the time, but David was multi-talented, in having a successful music career too.

One of the stars of one of the most recognized (even iconic) shows of its time. I realize they can never get all of the names in, but that's a glaring one to miss.

8 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

The 2024 76th Emmy Awards In Memoriam 

2024 Creative Arts Emmy Awards In Memoriam (Sunday)

https://www.emmys.com/video-gallery/in-memoriam#videoId=724331

2024 Creative Arts Emmy Awards In Memoriam (Saturday)

https://www.emmys.com/video-gallery/in-memoriam#videoId=724351

The Television Academy 2024 In Memoriam List of Names

https://www.emmys.com/video-gallery/in-memoriam#videoId=724006

As usual, there are a lot that left their mark on the industry and pop culture but wow, that final three of Sutherland, Jones and Newhart.

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, ElleryAnne said:

One of the stars of one of the most recognized (even iconic) shows of its time. I realize they can never get all of the names in, but that's a glaring one to miss.

As usual, there are a lot that left their mark on the industry and pop culture but wow, that final three of Sutherland, Jones and Newhart.

Although the absence of David Soul was a very big miss; that particular tribute segment was well done.  We got full screen clear photos of all of the deceased along with their names and job description in big, easy to read print.  They also halted the photo montage every time they cut to the singer so as to give everyone their due.  If only other awards shows could do it, too.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Edited: I stand corrected. Please see the comment by  @GHScorpiosRule just below mine.

We're also discussing this topic over in the Emmys forum itself. Another glaring omission was Treat Williams, who was actually an Emmy nominee last night! How did their In Memorium miss someone who was a posthumous nominee for these very awards?!? (He was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie for his role in Feud: Capote vs. The Swans.)

Edited by ProudMary
  • Mind Blown 4
5 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

We're also discussing this topic over in the Emmys forum itself. Another glaring omission was Treat Williams, who was actually an Emmy nominee last night! How did their In Memorium miss someone who was a posthumous nominee for these very awards?!? (He was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited or Anthology Series or Movie for his role in Feud: Capote vs. The Swans.)

While they FUCKED up with the omission of David Soul, and the others mentioned by @Palimelon, Treat Williams made it in the In Memoriam segment that aired in January.

• Useful 2
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

While they FUCKED up with the omission of David Soul, and the others mentioned by @Palimelon, Treat Williams made it in the In Memoriam segment that aired in January.

OK, I was responding based on an article linked in the Emmys thread where people were upset that Treat Williams wasn't included in last night's segment. My error then. 

David Soul died on January 4th of this year and the 75th Emmys were held on January 15th. Is it possible that Soul was included in the January In Memorium segment?

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, ProudMary said:

OK, I was responding based on an article linked in the Emmys thread where people were upset that Treat Williams wasn't included in last night's segment. My error then. 

No worries. I only know because I wanted to confirm whether David Soul made it in the January airing before posting here, but nope. However, Treat Williams was included. And according to The Washington Post, both technically are the 76th--it's just that last night was part II, due to the Writers' Strike. 

2 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

David Soul died on January 4th of this year and the 75th Emmys were held on January 15th. Is it possible that Soul was included in the January In Memorium segment?

Unfortunately, no. I checked that thread here, and the segment on YouTube, but they omitted David. Lazy Bastards. Look, while it was slightly better last night, the seconds the camera focused on the singer and orchestra, could have and should have shown David, Shelly, Tyler, and the rest.

• Like 7
51 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Unfortunately, no. I checked that thread here, and the segment on YouTube, but they omitted David.

Joe Flaherty, Chita Rivera, and Shelley Duvall at least made the 2024 Creative Arts In Memoriam video reel posted on The Television Academy's website (which I linked above). David Soul is only mentioned on the list of names!   

• Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, BetterButter said:

As someone who was a huge fan of the L.A. music scene of the '70s--Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles, Jackson Browne and many others--J.D. Souther was an integral part, intertwined with all of them and it is a sad day. 😔 

Also, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame remembers Tito Jackson.

Screenshot_20240918_144906_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Edited by ProudMary
Added Tito Jackson memorial.
  • Like 1
  • Love 6