Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

There's something to be said for the power of suggestion. I haven't had chocolate milk in years and now I'm sitting here thinking that a huge, icy glass of chocolate MOO JUICE would be so good right now. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
Just now, mmecorday said:

There's something to be said for the power of suggestion. I haven't had chocolate milk in years and now I'm sitting here thinking that a huge, icy glass of chocolate MOO JUICE would be so good right now. 

I buy a pint size bottle of it once or twice per year.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

It would likely turn your stomach. They put guar gum in it now to make it more like melted ice cream. 🤢

• Like 1

Hi All!  Late joining you.  How is she doing?  Her kids are definitely also on the chubby side, so she better lose weight so they eat better too!

Eating habit tonight was vegan taco salad with meat substitute of some sort - it was at a vegan cafe in Cambridge because I did a sugar art workshop (it was a ton of fun!).

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I can't go back cuz no one to watch the kids.

Her oldest is 18, can't he look after his sibs for a few days? She's making excuses.

Her little girl is adorable and seems like a kind and cheerful child. 

• Like 6
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

“Icy” being the operative word. The milk in school was always lukewarm. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Her oldest is 18, can't he look after his sibs for a few days? She's making excuses.

I thought he was 16?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

We only got milk or orange crap on sloppy joes day. (Catholic school). The milk often was icy. Not sure where they stored, it, but half the time it was at least partially frozen.

No chocolate, but better than the orange crap.

• Like 1

So many of them seem to have that same odd figure...the back of them is straight from the hump below the neck to the heels...and their front slopes forward from the forehead with the apex of the belly leading. It's like a 30-60-90 triangle.

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He's 16. 

• Like 3
Just now, magemaud said:

We’d have milk and cookies and everyone got a chance to bring in and pass out the goodies. That was before peanut allergies.🤷‍♀️The milk (8 oz. container) was 3 cents.

Just now, Kid said:

And exactly why does she not have the time to cook two meals?

I probably wouldn't either. All of the kids could use some food control and they're fine eating what she's eating. That said, I might add a starch to their plates.

• Like 3
Just now, Suzywriter said:

So many of them seem to have that same odd figure...the back of them is straight from the hump below the neck to the heels...and their front slopes forward from the forehead with the apex of the belly leading. It's like a 30-60-90 triangle.

Some really "nice" person I know referred to a body like that as having a Buffalo Back....

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
1 minute ago, Kid said:

And exactly why does she not have the time to cook two meals?

She said she didn’t have the time...or MONEY to cook like that.

What are those things? Words? Yeah, they fail me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

We only got milk or orange crap on sloppy joes day. (Catholic school). The milk often was icy. Not sure where they stored, it, but half the time it was at least partially frozen.

No chocolate, but better than the orange crap.

Fun fact: freshness dating on milk was pioneered by none other than Al Capone!

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Those breaded chicken strips are full of fat.  

Probably the worst are the carbs... in my experience with store-bought strips and nuggets, they are 60% breading.  Or worse.  Only bought a couple times... maybe some fancy brands are better, but my guess she is buying the same national brands I tried.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, aliya said:

I probably wouldn't either. All of the kids could use some food control and they're fine eating what she's eating. That said, I might add a starch to their plates.

No way was my mom cooking two meals. She's save stuff we wouldn't eat for when we weren't home, and she'd make sure there were enough broccoli stem pieces for me to have a whole serving (because I hated the tops when I was little) but she didn't cook us separate stuff.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yeah, us Gen X-ers were taking care of ourselves at 10.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
Just now, MsVixen said:

Some really "nice" person I know referred to a body like that as having a Buffalo Back....

Looking down at their phone all the time instead of being active, maybe?

• Like 1

Screw all  y'all. I'm lactose intolerant and can't drink chocolate milk.

I can have that chocolate Yasso bar that's waiting for me, so to heck with ya.

• Like 5
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 2
Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Raise you hand if you think the lunches you at in school were actually healthy. 

Definitely not! I can’t believe I lived for pizza day and chicken patty day, but I also wasn’t getting chicken patties and pizza at home. Can’t believe I was actually jealous of the kids who got to eat processed food at home.

• Like 1
Just now, Lima Bean said:

Yeah, us Gen X-ers were taking care of ourselves at 10.

This is bang-on, lol.  I was chilling at home by myself after school in the fourth grade.  Eating weird things out of the fridge, mistakes were made...but I lived!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

My bff calls it "a walking pizza slice". My mother had it, even when she was slim. No butt or hips, large breasts, large belly, thin legs. She called it "the native body" because she was native and her whole family had it. 

I, being the curious sort, wonder what that figure type means healthwise. 

• Like 2