Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E99: Matchmaking in Nashville

• Start Topic

I came here wondering if it was worth a watch, and apparently not. I have had it UP TO HERE with this franchise, and swore to never waste time watching again. However, I live very close to N'ville and love the city. Then again, I spent 3 years in SD and love that city even more. The last season really left a stank taste in my mouth and did not want to watch Nashville desecrated in the same way. Are there any natives or mostly transplants? More reviews please!!!

Edited by Rebky
  • Like 7

Chris reminds me of Henry and Nicole might be too much, like Christina. Crazy how he thought her name was Nicole. Hope that's a good sign like with Anthony thinking of Ashley. I wonder how she'll react to his missing fingertip. It's on THAT hand. There's no hiding it. It'll come up very soon after they meet. 😬

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 2

I wonder if people will try to spell Dom's name cuz I know I won't. Airris is probably going to be misspelled too. What a rough looking bunch of people. Queen should've bought her some new teeth. Those bushy beards. Ew. Only 2500 applicants, huh? Pretty low, yet a player still applied.

• Like 2

Dr. Pepper being even more creepy, actually taking their panties out of their drawers. TOO FAR! She didn't do that to the guys! Um. Airris has no clothes because his mother launders them?!?!! HUH?!! Super concerning.

• Like 3

A guy living at home with his parents & a chick with a pole. Smh. Glad DP didn't even attempt anything on that pole. Would've hated to see her fall & break her hip.

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 2

It's obviously too soon to tell with this group.  They're putting on their best faces and answering the questions with what they feel is the right answer.  The previews promise fresh drama.  I was thinking the same thing about Chris pulling the name Nicole out of thin air reminding me of Ashley/Anthony.  All things considered, over the course of this series, they have had more success than I would've guessed and they definitely pick the fertile ones, LOL! 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Rebky said:

I came here wondering if it was worth a watch, and apparently not. I have had it UP TO HERE with this franchise, and swore to never waste time watching again. However, I live very close to N'ville and love the city. Then again, I spent 3 years in SD and love that city even more. The last season really left a stank taste in my mouth and did not want to watch Nashville desecrated in the same way. Are there any natives or mostly transplants? More reviews please!!!

I know one is a fairly recent transplant but I got the impression the others were Nashville natives…

4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Did anyone watch this? Pepper looks to have lost a fair amount of weight - or she has had a facelift - or both. 

I watched most of it, missed the beginning  because I wasn't aware it was starting up again. Pepper looked good. I like her sleeker hairstyle.

Usually I like most of the cast at first viewing, but I'm too cynical now. Too many seasons of starting out favorable/hopeful only to end up being fed up with all of them, the "experts" included. The fights and drama are a double-edge sword, dull without them but then leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Previews look like something big happens early on. I just hope it's not another case of no-attraction at first sight.

Oh, well. I'll still be watching if not always paying close attention.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Rebky said:

The last season really left a stank taste in my mouth

I just wrote the same thing, lol. I'm interested to see Nashville. Some pretty scenery, but not too impressed by the C&W "fashion" on display during the street scenes.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

A guy living at home with his parents & a chick with a pole. Smh. Glad DP didn't even attempt anything on that pole. Would've hated to see her fall & break her hip.

I laughed when she just gave that skeptical look and shook her head. Pole lady didn't get cast, bummer.

Do your own laundry, Airris!

Sailor man with the wild hair looks, um, interesting.

Cheerleader coach is in it for the followers.

Every year, there's at least one woman who's looking for a "protector and provider".

And one who insists "I've watched the show. I know it works!" Do the producers feed them that line, because, no it does not work.

I feel bad because after posting a "Doug & Carrie" photo in the media thread a while back, now all I can see is Nicole's chubby arms. Yikes.

Edited by kikicat
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Hold up. There's another episode on tonight?!

Looks like a boring kick-off show with internet "experts" dishing on which couples will make it, or not. Let's just save time and go with 0-5 right now.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

They sure like to miss the red flags-the youngest woman stated how independent she is and that she is an "old soul" (what does that even mean?).  Why take someone who didn't even apply because her mother applied for her?  Won't end well.  I think Nicole will be "too much" for her husband.  The way she kept going on and on upon being told she was selected is a bit bothersome to me (shrug).  Artiss  is too old to not be doing his own laundry. Oh, and the line about being a "power couple" yep, that was the line that Chris used (of Chris and Paige) so it doesn't bode well for me.  Sailing guy was interesting, but they matched an outdoors person with someone who has a lot of interests that all seem to revolve around going out for meals and drinks (not that there's anything wrong with that-it's just not a match for the outdoors person IMO).

Well, should be interesting (at least for the first few weeks before it gets too repetitive and boring).

• Like 5

Pole lady didn't get cast, bummer.

Was she the one who wanted a husband with a 7 - 8 inch penis?

the line about being a "power couple"

I missed it this time. I wish we could permanently retire that one.

• Like 4

I just started watching this.  So far, I'm not that impressed with any of them but, hopefully, they'll be better than that awful San Diego bunch. 

27 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Was she the one who wanted a husband with a 7 - 8 inch penis?

No, that was another woman who's a real estate agent, but I forgot her name.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

The last thing Nicole needed on those chunky arms of hers were tattoos.  I think she's going to be too much to deal with. 

She lost me as soon as she described herself as being “a lot.” Shades of Boston Lindsey…

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

A couple of times the experts said something about psychological testing. I'm sure they all passed as certifiable nutjobs, just like every other season lately.

Why isn't there anything else on to watch on Wed and Thurs???? Lord help me!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, Rebky said:

I came here wondering if it was worth a watch, and apparently not. I have had it UP TO HERE with this franchise, and swore to never waste time watching again. 

Me too but of course my husband (who also swore he wouldn't watch this season) recorded it and I couldn't stop myself from watching it because of that.  Same crap, different season.  They all look like disaster areas.  Divas, momma's boys, narcissists, Peter Pan complex, you name it.  I don't mean to offend younger people but I am JUST SO TIRED of dysfunctional young people in this age bracket now.  It's pretty sad when Pastor Cal tells a 25 year old woman that she is "so young".  She is NOT "so young", she is just immature!  The average age on this show keeps creeping up, and yet they're still all pieces of work, unsuited and ill prepared for marriage.  Once again I don't think any of them will last for the long haul.  Already priming us for an early blowup?  How predictable by now!  I hope I can stop myself from watching this season.  It's just too depressing to watch anymore without any realistic hope of any of them succeeding.

And yes to Pepper looking like she lost weight - I managed to grab a look at her midsection in one shot and she did lose some weight around the midsection, but her face looks so much thinner it also makes me wonder if she didn't have some work done.

• Like 6
15 hours ago, Lindz said:

Dr. Pepper being even more creepy, actually taking their panties out of their drawers. TOO FAR! She didn't do that to the guys! Um. Airris has no clothes because his mother launders them?!?!! HUH?!! Super concerning.

Can someone please tell me what’s the point of going into someone’s panty drawer?  What is she looking for?  Pepper is such a slob.  The girls should put a mousetrap in their drawers before she arrives.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I just started watching this.  So far, I'm not that impressed with any of them but, hopefully, they'll be better than that awful San Diego bunch. 

Oh, so are they getting the tape measure out now?   They are measuring penis lengths?  New low.  I watched Kevin Frazior last night and Alexia and Statia were on.  They were dressed to the nines.  Statia had a new face.  New lips it seems.  Alexia was wearing half a dress as usual.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

DP's match reveal questions were annoying. What if his sister doesn't like her? What if he's distant? What if you don't like her looks? The last question was relevant, but the options were dumb because it isn't about initial reaction, it's about what they do in the 8 weeks. She tries too hard to make it seem like she isn't telling them they've been matched. 😒😒

• Like 2

So, what’s going on with this show.  It’s very confusing.  One night the new cast is on .. the next night the old cast is on for the hundredth time.  Then they have Mark the Shark on with his opinions.  Lindy was on looking at houses to buy.  Does she work?  Do they have the money to maintain?  Statia and Nate.  He’s double talking to stay on the show for money.  Show is a mish/ mosh and I don’t think it’s real.  I just don’t know anymore.

• Like 1

Glad I passed on this. Just when I thought we were done with that awful last season, now I hear they are making the rounds on the special shows with Kevin F giving their "expert" opinions because they were all so successful. No thanks. I will keep reading to see if I want to venture back in, but your comments are usually enough. Happy New Year to all.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

It's pretty sad when Pastor Cal tells a 25 year old woman that she is "so young".  She is NOT "so young", she is just immature! 

She may be immature - I don' have an opinion on that yet, but 25 is really young, especially to be married. She didn't strike me as a wild party girl (I would consider the bachelorette party antics to possibly be an aberration as they are for a lot of people) but she also doesn't strike me as a particularly old soul, which the experts kept insisting she is. 

This couple reminds me of Eric and Virginia though they might stand a better chance if he isn't a paternalistic douche and she isn't a raging alcoholic.

• Like 1

I was married at 22 and husband was 26, but we were in love, and are still married.  Who marries a stranger?  The odds are against them.  The few that stood together are a fluke.  If there’s no love in the very beginning, odds are they will divorce.  This season will be a repeat like the others.  Pepper is weird.  She’s slept with many men, is now married again, but doesn’t live with him.  WTF?  She’s looking the best ever tho.  Maybe she’s on the prowl again, lol.  I have no faith in this season, but I guess I’ll watch again.  My hopes are not high.

Just now, kristen111 said:

I was married at 22 and husband was 26, but we were in love, and are still married.  Who marries a stranger?  The odds are against them.  The few that stood together are a fluke.  If there’s no love in the very beginning, odds are they will divorce.  This season will be a repeat like the others.  Pepper is weird.  She’s slept with many men, is now married again, but doesn’t live with him.  WTF?  She’s looking the best ever tho.  Maybe she’s on the prowl again, lol.  I have no faith in this season, but I guess I’ll watch again.  My hopes are not high.   Happy New Year to all too.  😍🍷

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Oh Geeze .. what’s next?  Measuring vaginas?  Too stretched, too tight?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

We got pretty close to that with Alexis and Nate last season when he shared his physical prowess and also they discussed his other weaknesses, when Alexis suggested he work on 'thrusting.'  That was more than enough for me. It sounds like they want to out-do that this time.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

We got pretty close to that with Alexis and Nate last season when he shared his physical prowess and also they discussed his other weaknesses, when Alexis suggested he work on 'thrusting.'  That was more than enough for me. It sounds like they want to out-do that this time.

I agree.  Then, we have the Ph or whatever Justin said was off balance with Alexis.  He actually meant she wasn’t clean enough.  I think they have went overboard on every very personal subject for National tv.  It’s all too private and humiliating.  This isn’t HBO.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

That was Alexis and Justin.  Nate would have walked out ASAP if he'd been matched with Alexis. 🤣

I don’t think any decent guy will stay with the likes of Alexis.  She hits below the belt, and no man will take that.  She’s NASTY. People could say plenty about her, but contain themselves.  I’m surprised Krysten befriended her.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Domynique tells Dr Pepper she is an old soul.  Then we hear Dr Pepper saying that Domynique is young but an old soul.  Is Dr Pepper just repeating what Domynique tells her?  Just because someone says they are something doesn't make it a fact Dr Pepper.  Remember a certain female telling us all season that she was a good f-ing person?  I guess they believed her too.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 12/30/2022 at 1:36 PM, Elizzikra said:

She may be immature - I don' have an opinion on that yet, but 25 is really young, especially to be married. 

25 is not too young to be married in my opinion.  People are adults by then, can vote, can drink, can work, can have children, can support themselves if they work to achieve it, etc.  Even the brain fully matures in the mid 20s.  Only a few years back no one would have said that 25 is too young to be married.  In fact, even today the average age of first marriage for women in the US is about 28.  The only reason I think perception has changed on that is because in general people are not maturing and becoming responsible adults as early as they used to and in some cases never, and that has something to do with our society and the extreme youth culture we have, among other societally based reasons.  But that's another topic altogether.  I notice that this show is trying to up the age of its contestants to where we are now even seeing people in their late 30s/early 40s, but sadly even that is not helping them find more mature participants.  This show at least used to find a few people that were actually ready for marriage but now like so many other reality shows it has continued to devolve to the point where I find it completely unwatchable and even depressing.  And with all the stuff out there these days that's depressing, I don't need this too.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

25 is not too young to be married in my opinion.  People are adults by then, can vote, can drink, can work, can have children, can support themselves if they work to achieve it, etc.  Even the brain fully matures in the mid 20s.  Only a few years back no one would have said that 25 is too young to be married.  In fact, even today the average age of first marriage for women in the US is about 28.  The only reason I think perception has changed on that is because in general people are not maturing and becoming responsible adults as early as they used to and in some cases never, and that has something to do with our society and the extreme youth culture we have, among other societally based reasons.  But that's another topic altogether.  I notice that this show is trying to up the age of its contestants to where we are now even seeing people in their late 30s/early 40s, but sadly even that is not helping them find more mature participants.  This show at least used to find a few people that were actually ready for marriage but now like so many other reality shows it has continued to devolve to the point where I find it completely unwatchable and even depressing.  And with all the stuff out there these days that's depressing, I don't need this too.

I agree with your assessment on the age deal. Used to be people would either get married after high school or after graduating college. That made 2 groups: those that got married around 18-21 and those 24-28. So I don't see 25 being that young.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

25 is probably too young — IF your mom submitted your show application. 

As a complete generalization, early to mid 30s is probably a good age for this show. You’ve been around long enough to see what you do and do not want out of life/relationships, but you’re probably not completely set in your ways. (Full disclosure: I’m basing this on my marriage!)

• Like 2
On 12/30/2022 at 11:09 AM, Retired at last said:

Glad I passed on this. Just when I thought we were done with that awful last season, now I hear they are making the rounds on the special shows with Kevin F giving their "expert" opinions because they were all so successful. No thanks. I will keep reading to see if I want to venture back in, but your comments are usually enough. Happy New Year to all.

I never saw a show as this that keeps on going even tho it’s become fake.  It never ends, and the people get older and worse.  Also x-rated.

14 hours ago, Lurk said:

I agree with your assessment on the age deal. Used to be people would either get married after high school or after graduating college. That made 2 groups: those that got married around 18-21 and those 24-28. So I don't see 25 being that young.

In my day, if you didn’t have a ring on your finger by age 21, you were worried to death.  I met him at 20, got married at 22, had my first child at 24.  Then 26 and 34.  That was the norm .  I’m not complaining, but my girls were smarter.  College, good jobs, traveled a bit to Europe, etc, then got married.  That sounds fabulous and ideal to me.

• Like 1

Is this the place for Episode 1 where they meet?  All I’m seeing is repeats of the last few weeks.  It’s boring and annoying.  They are really dragging this out,and there better be at least one wedding tonight.  It’s too much jibber jabber already.  Repeats, repeats, repeats.

• Like 1

I already see disasters.  The only couple with any chance is the first one, forgot the names, they are highly educated and faith based.

They seem (1) ready for marriage and sensible, (2) have lots of things in common and would look good together.  

• Like 1

I'm confused.  This thread is titled for the matchmaking special; today's show is S16, E1 Marry Me in Tennessee.  Is there a separate thread for tonight's show or are we piggybacking onto the matchmaking special thread.  Am I missing something?  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

I'm confused.  This thread is titled for the matchmaking special; today's show is S16, E1 Marry Me in Tennessee.  Is there a separate thread for tonight's show or are we piggybacking onto the matchmaking special thread.  Am I missing something?  

Who knows.  Very confusing.

• Like 3