Type keyword(s) to search

Degrassi in the Media

I'm not that into Degrassi but it's a fun watch and when it's not trying to be it can be hilarious. I'm glad it's moving to Netflix since I mainly watch it online anyway. So to clarify, is TeenNick still going to air all the season 14 episodes in July?

Where's Manny??

That's what I wanted to know. :( I don't see how they can do a proper Degrassi reunion without Cassie Steele. Maybe she was busy? I hope more cast members were there than we think and we'll see the rest in the special. 

That's what I wanted to know. :( I don't see how they can do a proper Degrassi reunion without Cassie Steele. Maybe she was busy? I hope more cast members were there than we think and we'll see the rest in the special. 

I know right?  Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 2 "most talked about moments" involving Manny: 1) Manny decides to drop her "good girl" image and 2) Manny has an abortion.

I know right?  Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 2 "most talked about moments" involving Manny: 1) Manny decides to drop her "good girl" image and 2) Manny has an abortion.

For sure! I feel like Manny was one of the main girls, along with Emma. In fact, in a couple of seasons, Manny had more of a story line than Emma herself did. I consider them to be of equal importance and I can only hope she was present or if she wasn't, they at least mention her. 

Since it is moving to Netflix, does anyone think that the whole series will be back on instant anytime soon? I was pretty late to the Degrassi party and watching it on instant was what got me hooked. 

• Love 3

Since it is moving to Netflix, does anyone think that the whole series will be back on instant anytime soon? I was pretty late to the Degrassi party and watching it on instant was what got me hooked. 

I would love to know this, too. Amazon Instant briefly removed Degrassi Jr High and High recently, and then put it back again. I know this because I was in the middle of watching the series... and it went away. Then it came back again about a week or two later. TNG has been "currently unavailable" for a while.

I wonder if Netflix might get the TNG catalog. It might be a nice companion for the new Degrassi.

(edited)

I don't have the link on me but I remember Stephen Stohn, one of the producers, saying that they were going to hold off on adding previous seasons to Netflix, since they want new viewers to just start with S15.

On the one hand, I get it, new viewers might be confused or hesitant to tune in if they feel like they have to catch up on 14 seasons first. But on the other hand, let's be real, the majority of viewers are going to be returning, so it sucks that the older seasons won't be available. Hopefully they'll put them up after S15 wraps up... maybe start with just S11-14 so new viewers can catch up with the characters they've just met (I'm sure they'll [re]introduce everyone, as S15 is the start of a new school year). And then maybe seeing older characters (Clare, Alli, etc.) will interest them in going back further when they put all the other seasons up.

Also, the schedule for 14B has come out and MTV Canada and TeenNick will be airing concurrently July 20-31 at 9pm Eastern. July 20th and 31st will have back to back episodes, and TeenNick will air an hour long special at 8pm on the 31st.

As for the four episode summer special (that comes after the 14B finale, "Finally, Pt. 2"), it's still in limbo... I saw Stohn say that he thinks TeenNick will air it at some point but there's nothing official yet. I think that's a little weird, to do a big finale event and then go, "PS, here's more" but I'd rather that than to have to subscribe to Netflix now... I'm planning to wait until December/January.

Edited by omgsowicked
  • Love 1

YAY that Degrassi will be on netflix

the crap that it won't be on CANADA Netflix until a later date :( 

man i need to move to America or something. 

YAY that Degrassi will be on netflix

the crap that it won't be on CANADA Netflix until a later date :( 

man i need to move to America or something. 

Apparently it's going to air on Canadian Family Channel or something like that.

Good news for those of us outside Canada and Africa, the Degrassi YouTube channel is uploading full episodes of Seasons 1-10. Season 1 has already been uploaded. Unfortunately, DHX Media, the parent company of Epitome, doesn't own the Canadian (or African) rights so those living there won't be able to watch. Yeah, weird since it's a Canadian show, but I guess that's the TV business for you.

• Love 1

Oh ok.

I wonder how old Jack or Liberty/JT's kid is? I kinda feel like one of or both will be hitting Degrassi soon.

With the three seasons per school year I think the boy would be 5-6 at the most. Not quite ready for Degrassi. 

I wonder if Netflix will start sending me emails announcing this. They seem to target what shows to announce to subscribers, such that I only hear about some, not all, of their exclusive offerings. It's funny what they think my taste is or isn't.

In that photo with the announcement, it took my me a while to figure out... is that Ricardo Hoyos ("Zig")?

Yes, it is. I thought it was a random photo to use, honestly. You'd think they could squeeze in a tiny cast picture or something..

Or at least a photo where he actually looks like Zig. I mean, that shirt has sleeves.

• Love 5

http://degrassiblog.com/2015/11/30/degrassi-airdates-opening-sequence-spoilers-and-more/

Here's a post from Kary's Degrassi Blog. His is the only one I trust. Apparently, Canada is sticking to telenovela format, while US gets all 20 episodes at once. However, their block will begin Jan 4th. The link also has additional clips and the new opener. It's very tech heavy.

Wow, that new opening sequence is awful.  And the song was almost unrecognizable.

I really didn't watch much of the Degrassi Junior High, but I found this and thought you guys would appreciate it. It's a recreation of the pot smoking slumber party scene, done by a majority of men in drag:

Does anyone know if they've given up on the floating timeline?

The timeline is what made me give up on the show. It just got too weird, and it was hard to follow these classes when they were spending like 8 years on them. It doesn't mimic actual high school enough when you're spending 8 years in it.

I might check out Next Class since it's on Netflix.

God, Emma, eat a sandwich.

Apparently Miriam had an eating disorder before she did Degrassi and that was why Emma was so skinny during that first season or two.

Edited by methodwriter85

Drake made a music video/ high school reunion:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/06/drake-throws-a-degrassi-reunion-in-im-upset-video.html

It's so great to see so many of cast and there's a nice credits that shows them then and now.

It has Shane Kippel, Stacey Farber, Adamo Rugguiero, Lauren Collins, Jake Epstein, Christina Schmidt, Andrea Lewis, Melissa McIntyre, Linlyn Lue, Stefan Brogen, Ephram Ellis, Jake Goldsbie, Marc Donato, Dalmar Abuzeid, AJ Saudin, Miriam MacDonald, Cassie Steele, Nina Dobrev, Sarah Barrable-Tishauer, and Paula Brancati. And they all look fab!

• Love 6