Type keyword(s) to search

Degrassi in the Media

That Drake reunion video is epic. Nice to see him finally acknowledging his Degrassi days and moving past his Wheelchair Jimmy embarrassment. Although seeing everyone really does highlight how little the rest of the OGs have done with their acting careers. Miriam had a Lost Girl and then Orphan Black bit part and I know Jake was on Designated Survivor and did some plays, but I've never seen the rest of them in anything (not counting the Cassie Steele network nepotism with The LA Complex). Stacey Farber was in a banking app commercial as a woman who offends her cat. Tbh I didn't even remember who Ephram Ellis was. But chasing Rick down was hilarious. It must be hard for the rest of the cast as former child stars still grinding after a decade to cobble together a legitimate adult acting career to watch one of your cast mates become an international celebrity and multi-billionaire. I hope he is friends with them irl.

Color me shocked this show is still kickin'. It just feels like such a distinctly Millennial thing. They would've been better off taking it off the air in 2008 or whenever the two original classes graduated and then doing a nostalgia reboot again in another ten years.

AJ Saudin came out of nowhere and has been smoking hot the last 5 years. Easily the hottest former cast member.

• Love 2
On 8/23/2018 at 2:37 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

That Drake reunion video is epic. Nice to see him finally acknowledging his Degrassi days and moving past his Wheelchair Jimmy embarrassment. Although seeing everyone really does highlight how little the rest of the OGs have done with their acting careers. Miriam had a Lost Girl and then Orphan Black bit part and I know Jake was on Designated Survivor and did some plays, but I've never seen the rest of them in anything (not counting the Cassie Steele network nepotism with The LA Complex). Stacey Farber was in a banking app commercial as a woman who offends her cat. Tbh I didn't even remember who Ephram Ellis was. But chasing Rick down was hilarious. It must be hard for the rest of the cast as former child stars still grinding after a decade to cobble together a legitimate adult acting career to watch one of your cast mates become an international celebrity and multi-billionaire. I hope he is friends with them irl.

Color me shocked this show is still kickin'. It just feels like such a distinctly Millennial thing. They would've been better off taking it off the air in 2008 or whenever the two original classes graduated and then doing a nostalgia reboot again in another ten years.

AJ Saudin came out of nowhere and has been smoking hot the last 5 years. Easily the hottest former cast member.

After Aubrey’s video, I watched a lot of cast members insta stories etc. and Sarah B-T(Liberty) pointed out that a lot of them started on the show as young kids, and have moved on and gone to university etc and have very fulfilling lives. Not all of them wanted to keep acting. But a majority of them kept in touch, which had been displayed for years. And the fact that so many people showed up on that short notice says a lot. Although LOL to Ryan Cooley thinking it was a prank and not responding. And I really wonder about the few, mostly Jay and Sean, that weren’t approached. 

But more than anything a season 5 for Netflix was filmed months ago so wtf? 

• Love 3
On 9/17/2018 at 1:43 AM, paceyjwitter said:

Netflix never officially renewed the show for more seasons, so seasons 5 and 6 weren't filmed. It doesn't look like there will be any new episodes in the near future. 

On 11/11/2018 at 9:33 PM, balmz said:

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2460075/what-netflix-has-cancelled-and-renewed

looks like degrassi is cancelled, netflix listed it as such

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe in a few years it will come back. There was a big gap between Degrassi High and Degrassi the Next Generation. 

• Love 3

I'm rewatching Degrassi TNG, because the first 10 seasons are all available on YouTube. It's still as good as I remember! I also recently got around to seeing Drake's video, and I absolutely love it. 

I follow Cassie Steele on Instagram. She's absolutely gorgeous.

I'm sad that the show isn't coming back anytime soon :( 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Zima said:

I'm rewatching Degrassi TNG, because the first 10 seasons are all available on YouTube. It's still as good as I remember! I also recently got around to seeing Drake's video, and I absolutely love it. 

I follow Cassie Steele on Instagram. She's absolutely gorgeous.

I'm sad that the show isn't coming back anytime soon :( 

It was a great show. It’s been on consistently half of my life! (2001-2017)

• Love 3