Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Thank U, Next

• Start Topic

Family therapy pits Andrei against Libby's family; Ed rekindles a relationship, and Liz makes a life-changing decision; Bilal and Shaeeda hit a roadblock; Kim and Usman struggle to get on the same page; Angela learns devastating news.

First Look: 16/12/22; TLC: 18/12/22; Discovery+:18/12/22;

(I don't think there is an episode on Christmas Day. If there is a change, I will keep you posted. )

Edited by greekmom

Yay! The 20 minute preview is back!

Ed meets with his mom. They have a nice conversation but she still doesn’t want to see Liz. Ed is still holding off on actually getting married.

Kim and Usman take Mahadi to some carnival and they talk with Jamal and the kid’s parents about any sort of adoption. Kim doesn’t seem too interested and any arrangement will take quite some time.

Andrei and Libby head to the mega family counseling session. He and Chuck are wearing the same shirt. Charlie and his wife claim to be innocent, Charlie isn’t a drunk, and it seems like everything is Andrei’s fault.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Kim and Usman take Mahadi to some carnival and they talk with Jamal and the kid’s parents about any sort of adoption.

Kimbelly is a certified nutcase. Did she really think about even the basics of adopting a child? Who is going to watch him while she earns the bucks? Is she ready to devote her life to him? When Usman told his brother he will have the best education, did he look into that? He's probably going to go to a public school, which is good, but when you say "best education in the US" I think of private schools. Then college? Maybe Usman is just thinking basic education, IDK. But adopting a child is HUGE, and she's 51. I don't think either one of them gave it more than a second's thought - and that second was only how it benefited them.

Jamal is the only sane person in this group. It feels like he is the parent watching over and advising these two nincompoops. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

This storyline is repulsive. Adoption is about finding families for children, not about finding children for families. It is supposed to be child-centered. Mahadi has a family. He has two loving parents who are capable and willing to care for him. He has a religious community and an entire culture right where he is. It doesn’t serve him in any way to be adopted by Kim and Usman, who are only pursuing adoption for their own end goal of being permitted by Usman’s mother to marry. It’s akin to child trafficking.

Yeah, agree 100.

I bolded the words I think of when I watch this horrible story unfold.

I don't care if they have the means to send him to a $100K/year private school and then an Ivy League college.  "Adopting" him so that Usman can fulfill his selfish wishes of becoming "Sojaboy" in the U.S. while appeasing his mother is just....yes, repulsive.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8

LOL, this family therapy session is hilarious.

Chuck is trying to say something about his ex, which is likely how he just normally refers to her, and Ms. All About Me says, "It's Pamela.  I have a name".  Um, lady, calm down.  Your kids can't even be in the same building as each other.

Normally, I hate to pick on another woman's looks, but.....Elizabeth has this really cute body, but thirteen chins.  

I actually think it would be good for them to go to Moldova for a while.  Just leave, let the family miss you, and come back when all your kids are grown.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 12/16/2022 at 6:10 PM, Gobi said:

Angela learns devastating news - no one likes her.

The only thing good about Angela is that dog.  Rottweilers are wonderful dogs, and that dog does not deserve that screeching harpy.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

So, Yara lives now in Czechia (Prag) and does not know when and if she will return?

I wonder why she thinks she can live anywhere she wants - because she has only a 90day visa for the EU (Schengen visa). She will, for several reasons, not qualify for a refugee visa (she didn't live in Ukraine to start with). So, after 90 days she will have to abandon the EU and return to the US. TV make things always seem so easy and let more questions unanswered than answered. :-)

• Useful 4
28 minutes ago, WWalter said:

So, Yara lives now in Czechia (Prag) and does not know when and if she will return?

I wonder why she thinks she can live anywhere she wants - because she has only a 90day visa for the EU (Schengen visa). She will, for several reasons, not qualify for a refugee visa (she didn't live in Ukraine to start with). So, after 90 days she will have to abandon the EU and return to the US. TV make things always seem so easy and let more questions unanswered than answered. :-)

She is still a Ukrainian citizen green card or not which by definition would make her a refugee (I presume) but if she spends more than 6 months away from the US in a 12 month period then she loses her green card & if I remember correctly she has only just got it so staying away would be a strange thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Well, Wrinkles is gearing up for the Jerry Springer/Maury Povich episode next week (AKA the tell nothing).  Of course, she's the only one that thinks she's on Jerry Springer/Maury Povich and acts accordingly.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2

You can just tell that Charlie's nutty little bully of a wife made lots of nice kids' lives hell in high school and before that.

And oh, God, not another Angela scream-all.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 6
  • Fire 4
13 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

LOL, this family therapy session is hilarious.

Chuck is trying to say something about his ex, which is likely how he just normally refers to her, and Ms. All About Me says, "It's Pamela.  I have a name".  Um, lady, calm down.  Your kids can't even be in the same building as each other.

Normally, I hate to pick on another woman's looks, but.....Elizabeth has this really cute body, but thirteen chins.  

I actually think it would be good for them to go to Moldova for a while.  Just leave, let the family miss you, and come back when all your kids are grown.

In fairness, she is pregnant.  I think her face is less chubby than Liz's.

Aren't there two other daughters, though?  I was wondering what sort of self-respecting therapist would allow a session like this to be televised, and I wasn't wowed by the speaking icosahedron solution.  This entire episode felt fake and staged.

Don't get me started on the 10% "now you get to work more" partnership.  How many other partners does he have?  How many other restaurants?

• Applause 1

Ed: I'm not mad you took the promotion.

Also Ed: yeah i gave you a $13,000 engagement ring and organized TWO engagement parties for us, but it's presumptuous for you to assume I'm somehow ready to commit to a marriage.  Where did you get that crazy idea from?

He is such an exhausting passive aggressive prick. Ug. Just say your mad she accepted the "promotion".

Edited by ezzy4
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 17

These user men are showing their butts all over the place.

Gaslighting Bilal, telling Shaeeda and the world that he's giving her "everything" except of course, what she wants. And he's so worried she will find something else to want from him if she has a child. Because she's so demanding, right Bilalzebub? And your problems are all her fault because "no matter what, there's no pleasing her." Yeah, let's just keep playing "getting to know you" for the next 15 years or so, right? I still want to smack that egotistical mug.

And Usman, "I could have anyone, but I'm sacrificing my fine self for you to get to the U.S." You can take several seats with your overly large ego as well, before you topple over from imbalance. Just as well, your plan to adopt your nephew was opprobrious. Taking a child away from his mother for your own selfish ends - how could you?

Michael, you sure played the long game well. Find a less abusive ticket.

Big Ed, not ready to get married yet. Nice time to come to that conclusion. I hope Liz becomes a great success in the restaurant biz. Maybe she'll marry her boss. I think he has his eye on her.

90 Days sure knows how to steal my holiday spirit. Bah! Humbug!

Edited by renatae
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I haven't posted in a while so...

.  Shaeeda should start thinking about going back to her country.  Bilal is never going to agree on the kid issue.

.  Good for Liz on taking the job!  Hopefully, TTA will reveal that she has moved on.

.  Good for Michael for maybe finally realizing that enough is enough!  I hoped he has moved on from Angela.

.  Kimberly is an idiot for even thinking of agreeing to adopt Usman's nephew.  She is a basket case that needs to be alone for a while.

.  Jovi disappointed me for giving in to Yara.  That is a huge redflag on Yara wanting to stay in Europe.  Jovi should've agreed on one condition, that he can bring back their daughter to the US.  His mom can babysit.

I really don't like TTA being 4 parts.  That means we have to wait until the end of January for everything to be revealed.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

The adoption storyline is gross.   If you can't be a polygamist and get a green card, then use your brother's son.  The child is not a commodity.   I think Yara staying in Europe longer while Jovi is gone is reasonable and makes sense.  I like them as a couple and family.  Libby and Andrei should move to Moldova just to get away from the toxic coven.   World's worst therapist.  

Sheeda your baby storyline is beyond tired.   Bilal has answered your baby question more times than I can count and I don't even like him.   These two are boring.   Her hat was the most interesting thing going on.   

Big Ed and what's her name- They deserve each other.   Please don't breakup and ruin other people's lives too.  

Angela and her biker shorts, fingernails and cigs.   That is all I have to say about that.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Jovi and Yara played us all season.....I think this was the plan all along, for her to stay while he went back and reported to work. I mean, no way Queen Yara brought enough clothes for herself let alone a growing toddler to last, what, another 3 months? No way any decent dad would be so calm walking away from his daughter without knowing that she will be back home waiting for him in a few months, the whole, "I have no idea when I go back" is BS. 

Haven't there been sighting of Angela and Michael in GA ?? I am shocked he actually had the nerve to cheat on her, but then again, not really---they are living thousands of miles apart, went months and months without seeing each other and she beats him down any chance she gets. What did shock me was the fact that he was sending money to this sidechick. For that, I do feel sorry for Angela and I wouldn't blame her if she did beat his ass. Sorry, not sorry. I am sure he is thankful she heard those messages while she was thousands of miles away, not there at his house and drunk. 

I truly hope Kimbaaaaly and Usman are DONE. There is something mentally wrong with this woman and I feel for Jamal having this all play out for the world to see how delusional she is.... 

• Like 6
8 hours ago, renatae said:

And Usman, "I could have anyone, but I'm sacrificing my fine self for you to get to the U.S." You can take several seats with your overly large ego as well, before you topple over from imbalance. Just as well, your plan to adopt your nephew was opprobrious. Taking a child away from his mother for your own selfish ends - how could you?

Not only do I agree with your post, I learned a new word!

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 9.07.48 AM.png

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 12/16/2022 at 11:49 PM, Frozendiva said:

Andrei and Libby head to the mega family counseling session. He and Chuck are wearing the same shirt. Charlie and his wife claim to be innocent, Charlie isn’t a drunk, and it seems like everything is Andrei’s fault.

I had flash backs to the Simpsons and "Dr. Marven Monroe Family Therapy Session".  Face it did we not all want to see the group of them strapped to the electric shock machines?  

• LOL 8
14 hours ago, anoninrva said:

Aren't there two other daughters, though? 

No, there are three Potthast Daughters and Libby is the youngest. There are also three other sons who have (wisely) chosen not to be filmed. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Haven't there been sighting of Angela and Michael in GA ??

I've seen a photo of them in a car which which someone claimed was at the airport in Atlanta, but there was no confirmation they were actually there. 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I really don't like TTA being 4 parts.  That means we have to wait until the end of January for everything to be revealed.

I thought they said something about "4 nights" so maybe they're doing Sunday and Monday for a couple of weeks (I think they did that before) or four nights in a row. 

4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I truly hope Kimbaaaaly and Usman are DONE. There is something mentally wrong with this woman and I feel for Jamal having this all play out for the world to see how delusional she is.... 

So now the truth comes out! Usman criticizes everything about Kimbally. Her big tummy, the way she walks (she is extremely pigeon toed), she doesn't clean enough, she doesn't do enough for him and worst of all he is not giving her the yammy! Kimbally must have been terribly abused in her past relationships if she thinks this one is healthy. I wish Jamal would have punched Usman out before leaving. He was too nice to the prick. 

Ed has gotten so fat and looks hung over all the time. How is one given a partnership yet doesn't have to invest any money in the business? More made for TV bullshit. 

I hope Mikul and Angela are done for good. I don't know how he could have been spotted in Georgia. I thought he couldn't get his Visa approved because of his shady past which nobody ever talks about.

Bilal and Shaeeda bore the hell out of me with this baby storyline. She knew this was going to be an issue before she married him. And he knew before he married her that she wanted a baby and her clock was ticking. If he wanted more time he should have married someone younger. Wouldn't it be something if we find out Bilal has a vasectomy? 

Andreii needs to shut up. When he's pissed he talks real fast and is hard to understand. His temper is scary. I mean Libby's family is the worst but I can't imagine living with Andreii is a picnic in the park. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Ed has gotten so fat and looks hung over all the time. How is one given a partnership yet doesn't have to invest any money in the business? More made for TV bullshit. 

Happens all the time in early businesses with sweat equity sometimes being worth a lot more than actual money although they are sometimes combined. You should try watching Money Court on whatever news channel it's on sometime, sweat equity is mentioned & used as a measure of worth a lot.

Not that this case with Liz isn't a made up bunch of shit for some tv exposure.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
8 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

OOOOOH! do tell!

That's my point. Nobody really knows what he did that is preventing his Visa approval. All I know is that in the beginning of the whole Angie/Mikull story it was said that he couldn't get approved because of something in his past. It was never said what he actually did. So they finally got married and hoped that would speed things along. Guess that didn't work. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
53 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

So now the truth comes out! Usman criticizes everything about Kimbally. Her big tummy, the way she walks (she is extremely pigeon toed), she doesn't clean enough, she doesn't do enough for him and worst of all he is not giving her the yammy! Kimbally must have been terribly abused in her past relationships if she thinks this one is healthy. I wish Jamal would have punched Usman out before leaving. He was too nice to the prick. 

Amen to all of it!!!'

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Kid said:

Amen to all of it!!!

I am sure Jamal has seen a wide range of losers come in and out of his mom's life. He sort of hinted that he wasn't on board 100% but "she seems happy." Again, if Usman is such a catch in his hometown and country, why is he still single?? Because he is an average scammer in a country known for scamming. The only reason he has pursued these older foreign women is to get a ticket out of there, to anywhere. First flight to the US or the UK, he is all about it. And if Mikul can have a sidepiece, Usman probably is stringing along several other older ladies for cash. Maybe one seems more promising and booked a flight which is why he racheted up the insults to Kim and cut the cord. That and also his brother was not all in on his long con plan of kidnapping his son. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

No, there are three Potthast Daughters and Libby is the youngest. There are also three other sons who have (wisely) chosen not to be filmed. 

So there are smarter Potthasts out there?!

• Wink 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
On 12/17/2022 at 1:09 AM, magemaud said:

IIRC, Ed is 4’11”, so how tall is Norma? Between her tiny stature and ponytails, she looks like a little girl with an old face. 

It’s like somebody threw acid on the Wendy’s sign.

On 12/18/2022 at 8:16 AM, Starlight925 said:

Elizabeth has this really cute body, but thirteen chins.

Just like dad.

19 hours ago, anoninrva said:

Aren't there two other daughters, though? 

There are also brothers who don’t participate in filming I think.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, renatae said:

And your problems are all her fault because "no matter what, there's no pleasing her."

Well we know she doesn’t like soft pretzels.

17 hours ago, renatae said:

Yeah, let's just keep playing "getting to know you" for the next 15 years or so, right?

I thought you get to know the person before marriage.

16 hours ago, QueBueno said:

Tonight I learned that the plural of "text" is "Texas".  According to Angela.

She thinks when you owe money it’s an Iowa.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ed has gotten so fat and looks hung over all the time.

Yeah it was funny when they showed him ordering his supposedly "usual" salad at Encontro.  You just know he gobbles fried food and cheese and bacon on everything.  And his hairdon't this week made him look like a schnauzer.

5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Bilal and Shaeeda bore the hell out of me with this baby storyline.

If your main goal in life is to have a baby you don’t wait until you’re 37 to start trying.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

My DVR says it’s a two-hour Pillow Talk season recap.  More repackaging of the same content.

Confirmed this was the last episode.  Next one is the Tell Nothings in January

Edited by greekmom
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

My DVR says it’s a two-hour Pillow Talk season recap.  More repackaging of the same content.

Wondering whether to watch this on Christmas night? Ask yourself, WWJD?

Edited by kirklandia
  • LOL 9
On 12/16/2022 at 5:10 PM, Gobi said:

Angela learns devastating news - no one likes her.

My sons are in Angela's age group and one of them said, "NO!  She's older than YOU are!"

Yeah, I don't give a crap what happens to her.  Something to make her quit SHOWBIZ...and quickly.  I assume her family members stick around because she's supporting them, but she is such a HORROR, such a mean and cruel woman--how does she keep a casual friend, let alone a Nigerian husband?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, kirklandia said:

Wondering whether to watch this on Christmas night? WWJD?

He would tell you to watch the "Call the Midwife" Christmas special instead. 

4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

how does she keep a casual friend, let alone a Nigerian husband?

Well we know "Sissy" Jojo cut ties with her and they had supposedly been friends for years. And nobody knows what happened to Rene, did Angela forget and leave her in Nigeria? 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Never saw a kid so stonefaced on an amusement park ride.

He was probably terrified of the big loud White Lady who was taking him away from his parents and constantly forcing him to "high five" her. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4