Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: Thank U, Next

• Start Topic

On 12/18/2022 at 8:25 PM, JeanJean said:

How does Angela have access to Michael's messages and texts? I missed that.

I’d like to know that, too.  Does not make sense.  Unless they were just photoshopped screen shots. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

You can just tell that Charlie's nutty little bully of a wife made lots of nice kids' lives hell in high school and before that.

She definitely screams "peaked in middle school."

Jovi should've agreed on one condition, that he can bring back their daughter to the US.  His mom can babysit.

I don't agree. First, Jovi's mother wouldn't be babysitting; she would be providing full-time care to a very active toddler. That's a lot to ask of anyone, particularly when the toddler has two capable and loving parents. Second, it's hard enough on Mylah to have Jovi coming and going as much as he does. I understand that is his job and he has to do it. But to separate Mylah from her mom when he's not even there to parent her is not fair to Mylah. It would be akin to using Mylah as a bargaining chip. I do see a reasonable concern that, with Mylah in Europe with Yara, it would be much more difficult for Jovi to get her back if they ended up fighting over custody. But all along, I thought it made sense for Yara to live wherever she wants to live when Jovi is at work and come home when he isn't. That works at least until Mylah is in school and as long as they can afford it. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I never understood the point of the adoption. Originally, it was that Usman’s mother insisted he marry a second wife so he can have children. Usman didn’t even seem interested in having children. How does adopting his brother’s child fulfill Usman’s mother’s demand? She already has that grandchild. It’s just like moving chess pieces around on the board. You aren’t adding anything to the original number. Kim is lonely and will put up with Usman or anyone for the sake of having a man. Poor Jamal is going to spend his life picking off the pieces of her bad relationships. 

The entire Jovi and Yara thing is just stupid. So Jovi is supposed to pay two rents? He may make good money but not that good of money. I highly doubt Yara’s makeup line brings in much money. I think this is just storyline created by TLC because Jovi and Yara really don’t have enough juicy problems to make a storyline. 

I almost always fast forward through Ed. He just comes off as a horrible human being who enjoys gaslighting every woman he is with. I am hoping this is the end of Angela and Michael because I need her off my TV. TLC seems to love putting emotional abusers on this show. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
On 12/19/2022 at 10:52 AM, bichonblitz said:

So now the truth comes out! Usman criticizes everything about Kimbally. Her big tummy, the way she walks (she is extremely pigeon toed), she doesn't clean enough, she doesn't do enough for him and worst of all he is not giving her the yammy!

I thought it was a little odd though; suddenly he's lashing out like that. Surprised too by Kimbelly's reaction - ending the engagement just like that? Yes, I would be both tired and fed up - but still, calling it off like she did after her deep confessions of love for this guy seemed a bit off. I didn't catch that he said something about the way she walks though - I always thought she had a sort of caveman walk. I just hope that the breakup is REAL.

So disappointed that Jovi caved and let Yara stay in Your-up. I completely back him 100%. Just like Jovi, I don't trust her. She certainly never had a serious and mature talk with him, so he's left to just hope and pray she comes back. He's flapping in the wind here, hoping for the best. He's going to be worried the whole time she's gone. She behaves like a big baby. "Oh, Jovi" - as in, how ridiculous are you? "We're not in the fifties" and/or "I'm a grown-ass-woman" doesn't give much confidence to him. Plus, not speaking English, he really doesn't know what she's thinking or saying. She's the one who is selfish. 

She's not ready for a committed relationship. It's time to grow up.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
26 minutes ago, Breedom said:

So disappointed that Jovi caved and let Yara stay in Your-up. I completely back him 100%. Just like Jovi, I don't trust her. She certainly never had a serious and mature talk with him, so he's left to just hope and pray she comes back. He's flapping in the wind here, hoping for the best. He's going to be worried the whole time she's gone. She behaves like a big baby. "Oh, Jovi" - as in, how ridiculous are you? "We're not in the fifties" and/or "I'm a grown-ass-woman" doesn't give much confidence to him. Plus, not speaking English, he really doesn't know what she's thinking or saying. She's the one who is selfish. 

How about when she tells him to "shut up"? How disrespectful. I could see maybe staying there for a couple of months while Jovi is away working but she has to agree to put a timeline on it and come home when Jove comes home so Jovi feels more secure about it. When she says she doesn't know when she will come back WTF is that? She's a married woman that has their baby with her. Jovi has every right to want an agreement on when she needs to come home, but like you said he caved.  Her mother does not help. She's cold and selfish and just wants Yara and the baby with her, marriage be damned. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Eh, something tells me that Usman has been belittling Kimberly for much longer than this episode.

Something tells me she finally just decided she had enough.  She's been seeing through these Sojaboy-colored glasses this whole time, but she finally just had it.  I don't blame her.

I bet he's been making little snide comments this whole time, but she's been brushing it off when he says, "but baby, I love you".

Let him find another hopeless soul to try and get to America.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

How about when she tells him to "shut up"? How disrespectful. I could see maybe staying there for a couple of months while Jovi is away working but she has to agree to put a timeline on it and come home when Jove comes home so Jovi feels more secure about it. When she says she doesn't know when she will come back WTF is that? She's a married woman that has their baby with her. Jovi has every right to want an agreement on when she needs to come home, but like you said he caved.  Her mother does not help. She's cold and selfish and just wants Yara and the baby with her, marriage be damned. 

I can see both using ‘shut up’ in a playful and harmless manner and an in-joke for the two of them. No harm, no foul, and it is a laugh. And everyone knows it is a weird endearment. It wasn’t coming across that way. I can see staying another two weeks and then getting home a few days before Jovi comes home and gives enough time to do laundry, groceries, errands, etc.  Even pediatrician appointments. We all have maintenance stuff to do. Yara staying for X weeks should be planned in advance. A bit different if they had a few properties in various countries. Mama may want to live vicariously through her well off daughter. Project her own failed marriage, fill Yara’s head with emotional insecurities. Mama, leave it alone. Your daughter can wreck her own relationship.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

He just comes off as a horrible human being who enjoys gaslighting every woman he is with.

How much do you want to bet that he thinks that people who don’t like him have a problem with people with disabilities rather than because of his noxious personality?

5 hours ago, Breedom said:

I always thought she had a sort of caveman walk.

I read recently that her repeated jumps from airplanes in the military affected her hips and she plans on having surgery in the near future.

5 hours ago, Breedom said:

She certainly never had a serious and mature talk with him

Her English is limited and he speaks zero Ukrainian.  I think initially they just fucked and took pics for social media.  There’s no there there.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Her English is limited and he speaks zero Ukrainian.  I think initially they just fucked and took pics for social media.  There’s no there there.

Doesn't that describe 90% of the couples?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Eh, something tells me that Usman has been belittling Kimberly for much longer than this episode.

Something tells me she finally just decided she had enough.  She's been seeing through these Sojaboy-colored glasses this whole time, but she finally just had it.  I don't blame her.

I bet he's been making little snide comments this whole time, but she's been brushing it off when he says, "but baby, I love you".

Let him find another hopeless soul to try and get to America.

The most believable moment for me was when Kim said that she and Usman do not even have sex, she was willing to contradict herself about the yammy not that I believed they were shagging like teenagers, she must really be fed up.  Her asking Jamal to tell her what he liked about her relationship with Usman was hysterical, he was hard pressed to think of anything other than the gaming console.  I hope that his console still works once he gets home, luggage can be treated a little rough.

Adopting the nephew, oh please. 

Did Angela give Kim fake crying lessons?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I can see staying another two weeks and then getting home a few days before Jovi comes home and gives enough time to do laundry, groceries, errands, etc.

That would be fair. Unfortunately Yara isn't playing fair. When she tells Jovi she doesn't know how long she will be gone that is totally unacceptable. She's giving the impression she will be there for months and has no idea if and when she's coming back because as she put it she's "been miserable for 2 years". 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I remember when he told Kim he had had THOUSANDS of beautiful, rich women who wanted him, but hinted that she should be grateful he chose her.  

I know she’s banned from 90 Days and her name must never be spoken, but wouldn’t it be great to see a Baby Girl Lisa and Kim conversation? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 7
  • LOL 2

I am very confused on how Angela got that voice message that Michael left his GF?  Did she say how she got it and I missed it? Because the only way I figure it, the GF had to have sent that and the text messages to Angela.  Right?  OR this could be producer driven BS?

And then there is Kimberly.  My 2 cents on why she broke down and then gave him his ring back (bad move if you don't mean it, which she did not) is because it's become too much.  Between the 2nd wife bearing babies to the "Hey my brother and his wife have no problem selling us letting us adopt my nephew"!  I think it is slowly dawning on Kim that he is just in it for the green card.  But she really did not want to break off the relationship.  She thought he would come to her and make up.  Hahahaha.  Again, don't ask a question unless you absolutely know the answer.  Usman knows Kim will now bend to anything he says just to get him back.  I hope that is not the case.  We shall see.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

And then there is Kimberly.  My 2 cents on why she broke down and then gave him his ring back (bad move if you don't mean it, which she did not) is because it's become too much.  Between the 2nd wife bearing babies to the "Hey my brother and his wife have no problem selling us letting us adopt my nephew"!  I think it is slowly dawning on Kim that he is just in it for the green card.  But she really did not want to break off the relationship. 

IDK. She didn't expect Usman to agree, so that must have hit her hard. I think she's just desperate and that's why she agrees to everything, even though she always likes to say: "No, I will not do that." I just can't imagine her breaking it off and meaning it for any reason. She can't let go of this young, good-looking, somewhat well-known (locally, at least) man who has accepted her and in her mind truly loves her. She thinks that no other man could hold a candle to Usman and she's not about to let him go. Let's face it, I don't think there will be a long line of men looking her way if this relationship resolves - and she knows it.

• Like 3

Charlie definitely snitched. Bro definitely called immigration bro. Like, bro. Yeah, bro.

I don't condone cheating, HOWEVER, Angela totally got what she deserved. 

This show is like crack. It’s addictive and you know it’s so beyond damn stupid and get mad at yourself because you watched it anyway.

Usman and Maaackle together, finally!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I am very confused on how Angela got that voice message that Michael left his GF?  Did she say how she got it and I missed it?

I just remember her saying something about a "friend" was able to share the "Voice note" with her. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

I just remember her saying something about a "friend" was able to share the "Voice note" with her. 

Riiiight, a friend shared it with her.  I would have thought Angela and Michael were on a joint phone plan and she has put a tracing sort of app on his phone where she can read his texts and such.  

Michael is not innocent in this relationship, I am not sure why he can't just put on a act when that witch is in town, do whatever she wants, say what she wants to hear, etc...the second she gets on the plane home he can go back to running around with his knucklehead friends and run around after the ladies.  I am sad he has not figured out how to play the game when they are together in person. 

Angela is a bully, whether she is fat or thin it does not matter her insides are caught up in whatever behaviors she has had since she was young, the louder she is the righter she is and for some reason nobody in her life has set her straight.  I hope what ever money Michael gets from her because there is absolutely nothing attractive about her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 12/19/2022 at 2:32 AM, rr2911 said:

I really don't like TTA being 4 parts.  That means we have to wait until the end of January for everything to be revealed.

And will it be two hours each?!? An 8 hour tell all?

• Mind Blown 3
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Michael is not innocent in this relationship, I am not sure why he can't just put on a act when that witch is in town, do whatever she wants, say what she wants to hear, etc...the second she gets on the plane home he can go back to running around with his knucklehead friends and run around after the ladies.

I'm willing to bet that's pretty much what he does already! 

Didn't we see Angela asking a shady guy to put a tracking device on Michael's phone? At the time the guy said on camera that it was illegal to do so, but maybe he did anyway and he is the "friend" she's referring to? 

• Useful 2
26 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I'm willing to bet that's pretty much what he does already! 

Didn't we see Angela asking a shady guy to put a tracking device on Michael's phone? At the time the guy said on camera that it was illegal to do so, but maybe he did anyway and he is the "friend" she's referring to? 

I had completely forgotten about that!

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Riiiight, a friend shared it with her.  I would have thought Angela and Michael were on a joint phone plan and she has put a tracing sort of app on his phone where she can read his texts and such.  

Michael is not innocent in this relationship, I am not sure why he can't just put on a act when that witch is in town, do whatever she wants, say what she wants to hear, etc...the second she gets on the plane home he can go back to running around with his knucklehead friends and run around after the ladies.  I am sad he has not figured out how to play the game when they are together in person. 

Angela is a bully, whether she is fat or thin it does not matter her insides are caught up in whatever behaviors she has had since she was young, the louder she is the righter she is and for some reason nobody in her life has set her straight.  I hope what ever money Michael gets from her because there is absolutely nothing attractive about her.

I think maybe initially Michael thought he would marry Angela and they would have a kid and all live in the US. Angela tried to get her daughter to provide the egg (Angela, as famously noted would tote it), and the daughter said no. So that idea died. Michael pulled away once Angela started to focus on her body and not on the baby as Michael, I would assume, still is pining for his own children and why is on the prowl.

Usman's brother looked older than him, has a young child, and a young wife. Usman has time. 

• Like 2

They need to create in-person drama for the cameras...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My folks, this might have been the most exhausting, most emotionally draining season of 90 Day Fiance. At least for me. Every week, we get mostly the same old thing every time, and it makes me audibly moan and groan. I am excited to see the Tell All, but at the same time am not thrilled at all about it taking the whole January to conclude.

With that said, what I am about to type has not been usual of me this past several months. Believe it or not. BELIEVE. IT. OR. NOT.

I actually rated this episode a 7 out of 10. Watching these trashy people get their comebacks, their karma, whatever they deserve was highly satisfying for me. The Potthasts and Andrei’s family therapy session lit me on fire, from Charlie to the therapist to even Mother Libby, who has a name, Pamela. I enjoyed calling out both Kimbaaaly and Usman for their bullshit. Poor Mahadi. Also, Angela finding out from Michael’s “Texas” that he was talking to other girls warmed my fuzzy insides. Loved it!

How about you guys? What would you rate this episode, or this entire season? 😁

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 12/28/2022 at 10:49 AM, bichonblitz said:

Men always have time. It's the women that have the ticking clock. 

I was born in the morning, but not yesterday morning. I was thinking of it more culturally-- like he isn't expected to have kids right away in his 20s. His brother looks pushing 50 and has a young one. No man I know wants a baby in their 50s-- they all have grown children. 

21 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

His brother looks pushing 50 and has a young one.

I suspect the mother of that little boy is not a first wife...who knows how many wives Usman's brother has, and how many children. And while I agree that most men I know in their 50s don't want young kids and would be happy to have grown ones out of the house, this is a very different culture. Not intending to quote Usman too much there, haha, but kids are a security blanket for old age there, and with public health the way it is, I am guessing a good number don't make it to adulthood. Also, I doubt a traditional man is there changing diapers and playing with young ones. His only role is to provide financially and the women probably do all the childcare and housework. 

On 12/18/2022 at 9:10 PM, JeanJean said:

You can just tell that Charlie's nutty little bully of a wife made lots of nice kids' lives hell in high school and before that.

No she’s new to this bullying.  She seems like she was a loser in high school but now thinks she’s hot shit and is trying her best to be a bitch.  

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I wonder why Shaeda has never mentioned freezing her eggs. Maybe her fertility has dropped too far at this point to do that?  

It may cost money and Bilal is too stingy to put money in to something that does not benefit him.  I have a friend who's daughter went thru IVF, the process of freezing eggs can cost about $30,000, fortunately her insurance paid for it, it takes a toll physically and emotionally, do we think Bilal has the temperament to help Shaeeda thru those tough times? I don't either. 

• Like 1