Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: The Big Rig Job

• Start Topic

Parker and Harry as Jamie and Jamie are too ridiculous.  I love it.  Her stupid little laugh is hysterical.

"Wait, why are you English."  Ha.  How apropos given the conversation going on about Sophie losing her grifter accent in the previous episode thread. 

The actress who played the daughter was perfectly cast.  She is exactly the type of person I picture as a vapid social media personality.

And once again, Harry comes in super handy being a lawyer and knowing how to tie the legal bow on top of their justice.

This one felt a lot like the OG cons.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Well, that was very festive. Was it the last episode of the season, I forget how many they said they were making? If it wasn't the last at least for now, then their timing for the Christmas ep was a little off!

3 hours ago, Llywela said:

Well, that was very festive. Was it the last episode of the season, I forget how many they said they were making? If it wasn't the last at least for now, then their timing for the Christmas ep was a little off!

I think they do 8 episodes -- then a break while they film more episodes -- then they run the back 8 episodes for 16 total for the season. Actually, this is a good week to have the Christmas-themed episode--next week is so close to Christmas that a lot of people may be too busy to tune in (having holiday parties, shopping, traveling/prepping for visitors/vacation time, etc) and the week after next is after the holiday.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kimaken said:

I think they do 8 episodes -- then a break while they film more episodes -- then they run the back 8 episodes for 16 total for the season. Actually, this is a good week to have the Christmas-themed episode--next week is so close to Christmas that a lot of people may be too busy to tune in (having holiday parties, shopping, traveling/prepping for visitors/vacation time, etc) and the week after next is after the holiday.

So my question remains: is this it for now, no new episode scheduled for next week? Do we know? I'm just curious, because this definitely seems like a going-into-the-Christmas-hiatus episode, but I don't actually know for sure, because I have paid no attention to the schedule, just looked to see if there was a new episode each week.

26 minutes ago, Llywela said:

So my question remains: is this it for now, no new episode scheduled for next week? Do we know? I'm just curious, because this definitely seems like a going-into-the-Christmas-hiatus episode, but I don't actually know for sure, because I have paid no attention to the schedule, just looked to see if there was a new episode each week.

S2xE8 is titled the Turkish Prisoner Job.

5 hours ago, Llywela said:

Wiki and IMDb show there are 13 episodes this season all airing weekly with the season finale on January 25, 2023. The episodes have been available on Tuesday so maybe it will be available January 24th.

I liked Parker and Harry as Jamie and Jamie. They played off each other well and they were so goofy. 

I really liked Janice. 

Edited by VanillaBear85
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

This was delightful! And felt more like an OG episode than some of the others. 

Things I loved:

-Harry really developing as a grifter. He and Parker were hilarious as Jamie and Jamie

-Parker still living for Christmas: the over decoration, the pearls on the tree, the personalized Santa hats she made for everyone. Harry's had law items, Sophie's had gems and British things, Breanna's had gaming, both controllers and cards, as well as dinosaurs. Eliot's had chef knives and guitars. Parker's, of course, had money. I'd love a close up of all of them.

-That little moment between Sophie and Breanna when Sophie told her it was a good question. You could see how proud Breanna was. I'm interested to see where Breanna's story goes. We had hints last week about keeping options open etc.

-All the references to Nana's, including that Eliot is a regular visitor there too. I'm hoping maybe we get to see Nana finally? Maybe for new years?

-Honestly, just everything. This show makes me happy.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, tessaray said:

S2xE8 is titled the Turkish Prisoner Job.

But does that episode air next week? or is there a break until after Christmas.

5 hours ago, VanillaBear85 said:

Wiki and IMDb show there are 13 episodes this season all airing weekly with the season finale on January 25, 2023. The episodes have been available on Tuesday so maybe it will be available January 24th.

Thank you! Curious. For episode 13 to air Jan 25, unless they do a double bill or two, they can't take a break over Christmas, which means there will be another episode next week, which means this Christmas episode is slightly misplaced, which was my gut reaction. Thank you all for your input, I'm going to go ahead and presume this one was planned for nearer the big day but the studio screwed up the timing - wouldn't be the first time.

One thing I noticed in particular about this episode is how seamlessly Harry is fitting in these days. He still has a lot to learn, but he's no longer the newbie, he's well on his way to becoming a pro at all this.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This was a lot of fun! A bit of a lighter ep comparatively but lots of fun. The sister was immediately one of the most infuriating marks we've ever met, and it was so satisfying watching her get what she deserved. How sad is it that many of the marks in the original series were breaking the law, yet now the marks merely have to follow the law to screw people over so horrifically.

I love that Parker's Christmas obsession is still in full force - the personalized Santa hats, the priceless jewelry as ornaments, and a tree with bright enough lights to put the Griswalds' to shame (Eliot: "I looked right at it"). There was even a dinosaur skull with a Santa hat on the bar. And her statement that truckers are like Santa, handling large-scale logistics and distributions, but without elves.

I loved the Nana references too, especially seeing how territorial they got over her pies, and I too enjoyed the implications that Eliot's spent time with Nana along with Parker, Hardison and Breanna. I would dearly love to finally meet Nana before the series ends.

That was a wonderful speech Sophie gave to Janice the dispatch lady about holding on to what you love about someone even after they're gone. I always enjoy how seamlessly the emotional arcs of the crew are connected to the job. Though I gotta say it was kind of odd seeing Sophie in blue jeans, lol (was it Breanna that made a crack about not many positions in the trucking industry call for wearing silk, ha).

I got a kick out of Eliot wandering around the depot, not in uniform, rambling on about how appearing on reality shows leads to people scouring your past and no one stopped him, lol ("I used to play with Skippy when I was a kid...")

• Like 6
  • Applause 4

Oh I forgot to say that this sibling pair reminded me a lot of the pair from The Gold Job. Sister that is competent, brother that gets in over his head. Not an exact match, but the vibes were similar.

• Like 4

This felt like an old school episode.  My favorite part was Elliot going on about Skippy the dog: "I used to play with Skippy and they told me he went to a farm upstate..."  and how everyone just watched him go on and on about Skippy.  Actually, despite Jamie and Jamie, Christian Kane had some really funny moments, from his "I never drove forklift before!" to his reaction at looking right at Parker's superbright Xmas tree.  And I loved the callback to Parker decorating her tree with all the jewelry she stole.

On 12/15/2022 at 12:06 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

Who knew that burning Pleather creates a smoky fire? I wonder if that's really true.

Considering that Pleather is petroleum based, it probably is.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:27 PM, P2C2E said:

-All the references to Nana's, including that Eliot is a regular visitor there too. I'm hoping maybe we get to see Nana finally? Maybe for new years?

My mind is divided here.  While I would love to meet Nana, at the same time in my headcanon she's always played by the late, great Nichelle Nichols, so I would also be fine if we didn't meet her.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lugal said:

My mind is divided here.  While I would love to meet Nana, at the same time in my headcanon she's always played by the late, great Nichelle Nichols, so I would also be fine if we didn't meet her.

I agree. We KNOW in our hearts Uhura was Nana,

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Lugal said:

OMG! Nichelle Nichols was absolutely who I pictured as Nana. It is so funny to hear others thought that as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Perfect Christmas outing! The props and wardrobe department went more than the extra mile for his one. I second the wish for a closer look at those Santa hats! So much detail and we could only see them for a couple of seconds. I wish the show had an online presence for such things.

Will Eliot ever get one of Nana's pies?

• Like 3
On 12/17/2022 at 10:38 PM, MissLucas said:

Perfect Christmas outing! The props and wardrobe department went more than the extra mile for his one. I second the wish for a closer look at those Santa hats! So much detail and we could only see them for a couple of seconds. I wish the show had an online presence for such things.

This gifset on tumblr gives a decent look at the hats, although still only the shots we saw on screen - so beautifully personalised!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Count me in the club that thought that Nichols would have made a great Nana.

I liked how the one that was working with Sophie was legit. I was worried that she was going to be in on it. And I loved her calling Sophie out for suddenly being British. I do wonder what she told her afterwards. I guess that she was a reporter trying to take them down or something.

• Like 6

Same for me, I always pictured Nichelle Nichols as Nana too. It’s a shame we never got the chance to see that happen. But I’ve been thinking about other actresses who could work, and CCH Pounder (Warehouse 13) could be an interesting Nana.

Heh.  I really like episodes where they get normal people involved because they kinda have to.  The “who the hell are you people” moment is usually really fun.    

I really love that Breanna is growing into the roll.  She is getting herself out of situations her own way and not waiting for the others to rescue her.    

• Like 3

I really liked Sophie's interaction with the Dispatcher - especially when she had to come clean and explain that they were trying to help. 

Harry has really grown into his job. 

• Like 3

Another change in the new series is that the cons feel more purely altruistic. I remember in the original series there were enough episodes where you remembered they were all thieves because they would get a cut of the con they were pulling. 

The girlbossing seems a little out of date but I guess there were always be hustle types on social media.

The siblings were cartoon villains like out of a TV movie for children but I can buy them as slightly exaggerated versions of actual nepo kids. Janice balanced them out.

Jamie and Jamie were goofy but I liked Eliot's and Sophie's contributions to this episode.

This episode didn't have the best writing but the truck stunt was solid and there were a lot of callbacks. Solid B.

I did find it funny that Sophie's sparkly green bag didn't look all that different from Paige's pleather bags. Um... costumes and props? Might want to work on that before calling out fast fashion.

5 hours ago, aradia22 said:

Another change in the new series is that the cons feel more purely altruistic. I remember in the original series there were enough episodes where you remembered they were all thieves because they would get a cut of the con they were pulling.

Not as many as you seem to think. The show made a very big deal out of the massive payout they got in the very first episode, but the subject rarely comes up after that, apart from the occasion mention of their 'alternate revenue stream'. In season two when Tara makes it clear she expects to get paid, they all act shocked at the thought of her being part of the team for money rather than the goodness of her heart - and she hadn't been part of their multi-million payout in that first episode.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, aradia22 said:

The cons might be more altruistic, but that's probably because they seem to have more money than they know what to do with at this point, taking money from people who genuinely need it would just seem cruel at this point. It's also implied that they still have all the shit they've stolen over the years. These are not people who need to work for pay any longer. 

• Like 3