Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: A Bigger Boat

Sorry Emma, you don't get to get offended that someone doesn't believe you when you have lied repeatedly... AND ARE CURRENTLY LYING.  I have not had as big an issue with her as many here, but damn that was annoying. Even if she was lying because she wanted to do something to make it up to Hank, she was lying. And I couldn't feel all that bad for her getting outed to Cinco.  She should have come clean about having done it and why.  It was rash, but she could have explained it.  She shot herself in the foot.  Won't miss her.

I'm glad they figured out a way to bring Boris back into the show in a way that actually make sense (I love him, but the family intrigue was super annoying).  Not altogether surprised that Hank had to be the one to decline the board seat offer. 

Still not cool with Divya and I'm not ready for Jeremiah to forgive her.  I have never wanted to throw something at him so much as when he gave that stupid friendship speech.  NO.  

• Love 1

This episode was like an infomercial for AutoTrader at certain points.

That's exactly what it was.

AutoTrader is a sponsor. I guess they wanted more bang for their buck or the actors are asking for more money and the producers have to find a way to come up with the dollars.

Do we assume Hank said no because he is moving away with Charlotte?

I think it's for the same reason he wanted nothing to do with the business management part of HankMed - he just wants to be a doctor and nothing more.  I don't blame him - he's always working as it is.

Where is Divya living now? 

So will Hank still be a doctor with the company? Will he work both inside and outside the hospital? Hm.  

Still not feeling Charlotte/Hank--not sure why.  I think I prefer Hank married to his work. 

Boris and Jeremiah together?  LOVE!   I really enjoyed Boris complimenting each one of them individually. 

Goodbye Emma.  

• Love 2

Hey guys, did you know you could find your perfect car through AutoTrader?! Gee, I didn't! Can't decide what I hate more: the random D-list celebs who make dumb cameo appearances or the infomercials.

Suddenly Rafa wants joint custody of Sashi even though previously he was content with letting Divya have her? Not looking forward to this drama.

Loving Boris and Jeremiah and that Boris is buying the hospital.

I appreciate Charlotte's struggle with regaining her vision after being able to get herself around being blind. It would be a real mental adjustment and I'm glad that they didn't just magically have her sight restored. I'm still neutral on Hank and Charlotte and get the feeling that they will part ways again in the future because Hank will try to be too much doctor with her and not enough boyfriend.

Since Tucker has apparently moved on to bigger and better things, I'm not mad at having Cinco around-- he seems like a good enough kid in a similar situation. Too bad Emma is such a liar-- and she really only has herself to blame for that. I was almost certain she was going to get in some sort of car wreck when she was driving off and Hank was telling her to put her seatbelt on. No such luck!

Next week: Kardashians, really? UGH. And I don't think we're done with Emma yet either.

• Love 1

I can't even express how disappointed I am that Emma gets a noble-act pass for stealing the prescription pad. She's turning out like Eddie in that no matter what crappy thing she does, there's a last minute twist that turns it into something good and she gets to give an indignant little speech about it when confronted. Ugh.

Except, though, for the little sister outing her as being the source of the photo. No more "I sent it to some other people and one of them sent it to Snark Hampton" but verification that Emma did herself it. Good. Don't forgive her, Cinco! Run away!

• Love 2

Hey guys, did you know you could find your perfect car through AutoTrader?! Gee, I didn't! Can't decide what I hate more: the random D-list celebs who make dumb cameo appearances or the infomercials.

Suddenly Rafa wants joint custody of Sashi even though previously he was content with letting Divya have her? Not looking forward to this drama.

Loving Boris and Jeremiah and that Boris is buying the hospital.

I appreciate Charlotte's struggle with regaining her vision after being able to get herself around being blind. It would be a real mental adjustment and I'm glad that they didn't just magically have her sight restored. I'm still neutral on Hank and Charlotte and get the feeling that they will part ways again in the future because Hank will try to be too much doctor with her and not enough boyfriend.

Since Tucker has apparently moved on to bigger and better things, I'm not mad at having Cinco around-- he seems like a good enough kid in a similar situation. Too bad Emma is such a liar-- and she really only has herself to blame for that. I was almost certain she was going to get in some sort of car wreck when she was driving off and Hank was telling her to put her seatbelt on. No such luck!

Next week: Kardashians, really? UGH. And I don't think we're done with Emma yet either.

Ah, Tucker. I miss him! 

• Love 1

I miss Tucker SO MUCH!!! He and his hyper gf have been, by far, my favorite recurring guest stars on this show, and the only reason Tucker is not my favorite character altogether is that no one will ever surpass my love for Jeremiah. EVER. :D

I can't say that the Rafa drama coming wasn't foreshadowed.  yawn, very soap opera. 

I didn't like how "didn't he say he didn't want anything to do with the baby?" As if that's the end of it. He can change his mind. It is his child. "He changed his mind because of his mother." Well, maybe so, or not. It's still his child. This whole baby plot is dumb. But I don't know what else they could do with Divya since Every Woman Wants Babehs! Even the ones who don't. Because they don't know it yet. On tv, condoms fail plot% of the time. 

I think it's for the same reason he wanted nothing to do with the business management part of HankMed - he just wants to be a doctor and nothing more.  I don't blame him - he's always working as it is.

He's been like that since Day 1. So it's consistent. At this point, actually as far back as last season, I've been saying Hank doesn't need to me more that a supporting member of the cast. There's enough going on. 

I enjoyed all the quietly competent Jeremiah this episode. I liked that Boris actually respected him and seriously listened to him. The "friend mend" speech was pretty nice and a well-delivered monologue, but Divya doesn't deserve it yet. 

More Paige and Evan solving mysteries please. Anyone notice Evan's menu was upside down at the end?

I'm glad Oz was someone already shown on the show, but I do not care. End this plot. 

Sorry Emma, you don't get to get offended that someone doesn't believe you when you have lied repeatedly... AND ARE CURRENTLY LYING.

No kidding. At least, it's something a teenager would pull though. 

This week must have been the writing team with the actual talent. 

I actually don't mind product placement, but you have to give me 2 minutes more show. It's not an equal exchange otherwise. I'll be patient and sit through your little in show ad, but I still want a standard 43 minutes of actual show. 

Since Tucker has apparently moved on to bigger and better things, I'm not mad at having Cinco around-- he seems like a good enough kid in a similar situation.

I had the exact same thought as I watched Hank treat Cinco.  I would still miss Tucker, but I like this kid.

• Love 1

A couple of things really bothered me.  Maybe I'm being too picky. 

Did I miss the explanation of WHY Emma would have a dog's heartworm pills in her bag?  I know she made the quip about "selling them on the black market" but I don't recall a suitable explanation - I guess I'll have to settle for "we couldn't figure out another way to propel the save of Cisco."

If all Emma wanted was to put a fake prescription form on top of a blank pad, why'd she grab the entire pad then?  She was alone in the house - all she needed to do was grab one or two of them and be done with it.  Doctors protect those pads like they were the crown jewels.   I may have missed it, but did ANYONE ask her what she did with the rest of the pad after the decoy slip was torn off? 

I'm being too literal, I know, but sometimes I feel this show likes to poke me with a pointy stick.

If she was a real con, she'd have just mocked up the spec pad and made her own. It's not like "Oz" would authenticate it. Actually, they didn't even need that either because they trapped Oz as soon as she sat down. So the whole thing was really nothing. 

I may have missed it, but did ANYONE ask her what she did with the rest of the pad after the decoy slip was torn off?

Evan asked her - she told him the pad was back at the house and she was planning on put it back where she found it after meeting up with Oz.  But who knows if she actually did before taking off.

I think Emma picked up the pills for Cinco's dog? I really like him and can't get why he's into Emma.

Loved that Charlotte is struggling with getting her sight back instead of a miraculous recovery.

I can see why Rafe would want joint custody- his mom must be bugging the crap out of him. Crazy mother in laws!

Wow, did Evan and Paige survive without their therapist? Why can't they do that more?

Love Boris and Jeremiah together.

If all Emma wanted was to put a fake prescription form on top of a blank pad, why'd she grab the entire pad then?

I couldn't understand why she needed it at all. She texted Oz that she had a pad of Hank's that had all his drug prescriptions on it and arranged a drop time. The pad was hidden in a newspaper, so it's not like she needed Oz to see the top page and assume the whole pad was real.  She could have used anything (or nothing) inside the newspaper to lure out Oz.

I thought Jeremiah and Divya were a little too slow on the uptake with the boat guy. You know that if Hank had been there, he would have figured it all out the second he saw the first model boat!

Ugh - Kardashian siting. Is the subplot that a Sears is opening in the Hamptons and Khloe is there to promote the Kardashian Kollection?

I thought Jeremiah and Divya were a little too slow on the uptake with the boat guy. You know that if Hank had been there, he would have figured it all out the second he saw the first model boat!

I guess I'm the best doctor of all because I instantly suspected the glue....Why did Oz want the prescription pad?  I was expecting Charlotte's pillowcase to be red from the excess residue in her hair. Guess I'm just used to seeing the actress as a dirty blonde; the red is just too much....Has anyone else noticed the prominent schnozzes on most of the show's stars? I never liked the Boris character but as a more mainstream character, I'm fine with his staying around....Who's Tucker? Actually, I remember. But how many seasons has he been gone? Seems like its been years....Didn't like that friendship monologue....Is MF leaving the show? If not, I think Hank and Charlotte will just have a long distance relationship. The woman has a business of her own....Divya's living with her father. Are her parents still together? I was glad that they didn't point out that Evan's menu was upside down. Hate to be hit over the head with humor....I don't mind Emma hanging around; I just wish they made her motives clearer. I hope that she'll always be trying to prove that she's a good person because no one trusts her anymore....Didn't Jill also have a Saab? Someone on that show really likes that car. Used ones are pretty cheap but I wonder what it's like to keep them serviced....done rambling....

How can Emma afford car insurance? It's expensive to have teens on your insurance when they don't own the car, I can't imagine what the insurance is if you do own it. And I'm sure a Hamptons zip code isn't cheap.

To me that's more evidence the girl is shady. I wish this was the kind of show where someone who's been doing the kinds of things Emma has been doing would actually be a total crook, but they're determined to make an Eddie Jr out of her -- just another smarmy little creep redeemed by the power of Family.

Well played, Emma. I didn't realize you were selling me on using autotrader! That is the one and only con you got away with on RP! I do not like the actress (or rather, how she was written) and she has maybe 1/100th of the charm of a Henry Winkler.

Yea Boris. Way to stick it to stupid Symphony. I can see Hank's point of view though, because if you try to fight the man, eventually you become the man.

This episode was light on fashion modeling from Paige and had zero Hank in a sweaty t-shirt, but the Boris scheming was a great reward for those shortfalls.

Yea Boris. Way to stick it to stupid Symphony. I can see Hank's point of view though, because if you try to fight the man, eventually you become the man.

If that was the point that Hank was trying to make, that didn't come across that well at all. Not to mention that I think that it makes Hank come across as a petulant child.  I understand that Hank "only" wants to treat patients, but let's be real.  Nobody "only" gets to do the things that they like to do in his or her  job. To this point, Evan, Jeremiah, and Divya are making it possible for Hank to "only" do his thing.  Boris is making it possible for HankMed to be solvent.  Hank can wish for puppies and rainbows all he wants to, but the reality of modern medicine is that you need equipment and lab space to practice it.  Jeremiah certainly knows that, so I wish that Hank would stop acting as though this is all beneath or beyond him.  It's not.  He just doesn't want to be bothered with it, but someone has to be.

If the finale is that he's leaving the Hamptons again to be with Charlotte, I'll be annoyed.  He goes through these phases where he's "done" with the Hamptons.  Boris was the vehicle for him to leave last year.  Now Charlotte is his next ready-made flight plan.  If he does it again and comes back next season in the mood to play doctor "only" on his terms, Evan should help Divya and Jeremiah buy Hank out and call the business J-Med.

Jeremiah and Boris = WIN

Cinco is Tucker 2.0, but I like him.  He should stick around.

Speaking of a season finale, what's the word on a renewal?  Could next week be it for the series?

I have watched all seasons and episodes of this show and have been reading but this is my first post.  People here are so astute in their observations that I've changed some of my feelings about the show's characters.  Please bear with me while I catch up with posting.

Divya was my favorite from the beginning BUT after taking Jeremiah for a ride and never once realizing that she was taking advantage of his kindness and generosity I've had it with her.  The baby is an unnecessary distraction.  I don't know if there is any hope for Divya at this point as her sense of entitlement has pretty much soured me on her, period.  And she is completely lacking in any semblance of social graces.  The woman needs a barrel full of humility.  A little realization about how to treat others with respect wouldn't hurt either.  A little gift of appreciation  for Jeremiah would be nice like a good book, theater tickets or something he would enjoy.  After all he waited on her hand and foot including babysitting for her and she acts as though he was lucky to have her there.  I doubt she will ever redeem herself as far as I’m concerned.

Liked Hank until recently too.  Others here have said it so much better.  He can doctor all he wants but he shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose only what he wants to do while others pick up the slack for the less fun parts.  Almost seems like Evan and Hank have switched roles in regard to responsibility and maturity.  Or maybe I'm being to harsh.  I once liked Hank's smile but now it just seems smarmy and way too much of it.  More like leering.  Romance does not show him in a good light.  Charlotte has over stayed her welcome and needs to go, now.

Wish a little of Paige's class would rub off on Even.  Really like her and Evan too when he's acting like a fairly responsible adult.  Enough already of the silly, interfering counselor.  He's the needy one.

Love Boris and Jeremiah and together they complement one another well.

Henry Winkler’s Eddy Lawson comes across to me as trying to be an older Fonz, not a good thing.  Tucker was one of the best characters on the show.  Miss him and wish there was hope for his return.  Cinco is fine.  Really liked and miss the woman who Winkler was going to marry.  But no more of Rafa and the baby.

Auto Trader brought this show down to levels unseen previously.  Anymore real life commercials inserted into the show as part of the story line and I'm out of here in a nan-no second.  As if that isn't enough the Kardashians are going be imposed upon us?  Imagine the irony, a woman who is famous for an act that can't even be mentioned on this show is going to guest star.

• Love 3
Or maybe I'm being to harsh.

Nope, you're not.  I feel about Evan like I feel about Jeremiah.  Underneath Evan's goofiness is a really smart guy, who, in my opinion, Hank only gives lip service to on that score.  Hank is not nasty to Evan, but I don't get the sense that Hank respects Evan.  I loved Boris' interaction with Evan on this last episode.  I think Evan's goofiness does irritate and befuddle Boris at times, but I think Boris also knows that's part of who Evan is, warts and all.  Boris can see past the goofiness to Evan's ability.  Hank is still stuck in "little brother" mode.  I understand that they're related, but enough already.  Hank's gotta work at seeing Evan in a new light.

Boris can also recognize what Jeremiah brings to the table.  Hank and Divya treat Evan and Jeremiah respectively as though they're people who constantly need to be "managed" or "handled".  I find it terribly disrespectful.  Even Eddie, who I can't stand, seems to be more sincerely respectful of Evan, than Hank is.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 1
Hank is not nasty to Evan, but I don't get the sense that Hank respects Evan.

This is annoying, but at least it's been consistent since the start. The problem is, Hank really has shown pretty much no growth, while everyone has at least a little. 

The other problem is that Evan is written as a buffoon one week, smart the next. 

• Love 1

The other problem is that Evan is written as a buffoon one week, smart the next.

I've been extremely critical of Evan as a character and disliked him intensely. From the pilot episode on, Evan was written as a meddler, a manipulator, someone perfectly okay with taking the expedient path over the right one. Most of all, he had a smarmy, narcissistic, con-man vibe that made him naturally closer to Eddie than to Hank.

At the same time, Evan was used for comic relief. So not only was he a smarmy meddler, he was incompetent at it. Remember the parade of questionable HankMed promotional items? The dubious schemes, including secretly investing with Eddie? And Evan practically patented girly-man panic and squeamishness.

Things got better for Evan once they introduced Paige. The character actually grew up before our eyes. But the writers can't seem to let go of their periodic need for Evan to be a self-absorbed idiot. We still get scenes of him ignoring boundaries and meddling obnoxiously. Of panic and silliness. Of scheming and poor judgment. The man is married, an entrepreneur and -- every other week -- a helpless man-child.

Yet the writers can manage to have Jeremiah be amusing without being an idiot. When he fled to his spotless linen closet and screamed into his pillow, it was comedy gold. But he never lost his dignity.

• Love 2