Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Michael confronts Billy about his relationship with Angela; Ed's family corners Liz; Usman makes a shocking proposition; Libby fears Andrei will be deported before the birth; Yara reunites with her friend from Ukraine; Jenny seeks legal advice.

First Look: 25/11/22; TLC: 27/11/22; Discovery+: 27/11/22;

What a slog.

Jenny and her family and Sumit are taking some dance class. Then they go home for dinner.

Ed and Liz go to the engagement party. Ed of course abandons Liz to the female relatives and hangs out with his cousins. I would not enjoy having the wolves on me. No wedding date so far as Liz hopes that Ed can repair his relationship with his mom and daughter. I assume she hopes that she can get away from those women.

Andrei and Libby are in the truck and she mentions a counselor to work with the family dysfunction. Plus the immigration thing came up.

Kimbaaaaly has arrived home and shortly after, her mother died. Jamal flew back to San Diego.

We get some swimming pool action with Angela and Mykull. She then sets up a video chat with Billy. Mykull opens his yap to inform Billy that his wife has a crush on him. Ange is still determined to go to Canada. Maybe she has mileage points because all this travel is not cheap.

Yara arrives in the German town her friend Karina now calls home and gives Mylah to Jovi so she can see her friend right now. Jovi isn’t particularly happy that she wants to stay in Europe longer.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I just cannot with Kimbahhhhly whining about her mother dying right after she got back from her Yammy Expedition in Nigeria. She's going on and on and fucking on about how she will never see her mother again and yet, if she hadn't been chasing Usman's overused peen (let's face it, dude can't be keeping chaste fir her, right?) she would have been able to say she spent her mom's last weeks together. These damn people.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, gingerella said:

I just cannot with Kimbahhhhly whining about her mother dying right after she got back from her Yammy Expedition in Nigeria. She's going on and on and fucking on about how she will never see her mother again and yet, if she hadn't been chasing Usman's overused peen (let's face it, dude can't be keeping chaste fir her, right?) she would have been able to say she spent her mom's last weeks together. These damn people.

On past trips she claims to have been conflicted about leaving mom (Angela claimed this too) but not this time.

• Like 1

Caught a bit of the preview.

Jenny and family not happy with the way Summit's parents are acting is pot meets kettle.  I remember reading that Jenny wasn't happy and didn't talk to her daughter for while because daughter came out and had a girlfriend.  Jenny also complaining that Summit is working and has no time to go dancing with chicken Jenny is also hilarious. You're retired chicken. He's not.

Is ALL of Grangela's wardrobe contain the American flag or USA?  Even her swimsuit had USA on there and part of the American flag. She is also gaining back the weight and her hair is so fried.  The phone call with Billy was freaking funny.  I am hoping that he either says: "Angel, I am gay and into Micheal." or "Angel. I have a 30 year old girlfriend." or "Angel I am not into old hillbillies."

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I remember reading that Jenny wasn't happy and didn't talk to her daughter for while because daughter came out and had a girlfriend.

Yet Jenny expects everyone to be accepting of her unusual relationship.  Ack.  Maybe it was the glasses but the daughter has an unfortunate resemblance to Jenny.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 5

I have never understood why on this show the word "work," is a dirty word.  The concept is so odd that people actually pout because someone has to earn a living, Jenny is not letting it go.

Yara and her "I'm a whole grown ass woman," I wish that grown ass woman phrase would go away.  All Yara keeps saying is she wants to help, okay, what does that entail? What will you be doing in Prague that would help the masses? Jovi needs to ask her to give him an outline, maybe make it a joint effort, I bet Yara would not be able to come up with a plan which is pretty much what I would expect. She has no connections to make things happen...Bethenny (from RHONY) would have a plan, Yara should take a page out of her book.

That engagement party for Ed and Liz is in the most echoey house ever...virtually no personal effects anywhere.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That engagement party for Ed and Liz is in the most echoey house ever...virtually no personal effects anywhere.

My FF did stop at the part where Pred said something that he is going to have an engagement party at a castle. It was just a big freaking house. Not a castle. Are they recycling lines from Yve and Mohammed? 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yara and her "I'm a whole grown ass woman," I wish that grown ass woman phrase would go away.  All Yara keeps saying is she wants to help, okay, what does that entail? What will you be doing in Prague that would help the masses? Jovi needs to ask her to give him an outline, maybe make it a joint effort, I bet Yara would not be able to come up with a plan which is pretty much what I would expect. She has no connections to make things happen...Bethenny (from RHONY) would have a plan, Yara should take a page out of her book.

This! Yara thinks because she is Ukrainian, she will be 'of use' to refugees coming into where exactly? Because they're going all over Europe to relocate right? And Yara knows zilch about emergency relief and how to get shit done. She ought to go back home to NOLA and start doing some serious fundraising for groups that are on the ground with actual skills and plans to get said shit done. This is just another fake story line ploy.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11
59 minutes ago, gingerella said:

This! Yara thinks because she is Ukrainian, she will be 'of use' to refugees coming into where exactly? Because they're going all over Europe to relocate right? And Yara knows zilch about emergency relief and how to get shit done. She ought to go back home to NOLA and start doing some serious fundraising for groups that are on the ground with actual skills and plans to get said shit done. This is just another fake story line ploy.

I would be fairly useless. I would not have connections in Prague and wouldn’t know what to do unless some agency informed locals that they were looking for volunteers to help prepare and serve food or something practical like laundry. My province’s former premier and his deputy premier are Polish, had connections, and managed to raise $37 million or more in medical supplies, winter clothing and footwear, things like diapers and such. She would be better off raising funds in New Orleans. And yeah, she should sit down and write up how she plans to help and figure out how she will get things done, what skills she has, etc. Just seems like she wants a photo op.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

“My people, My people”.  That’s all Yara says.  Why didn’t she marry one of her people in the first place?  She wanted to come to America , now wants to stay there again.  What a pain in the ass she is.  Now, the Mother is involved.  One thing I know.  Yara does not love Jovi.  Too bad the baby is involved now.  Jovi now has to go back and work to support Yara, baby, Mother in law and who knows who else.  Gwen must be going crazy for her Son in this predicament.  I would.  Yara is not too swift in the head.  Everything seems so easy to her.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

Trust me as I’m not talking thru my ass here.  I have sympathy for the hardship people are going thru in Ukraine.  My Mother was from Ukraine, my Father from Poland, and matched up thru friends in Canada and the U.S.  They went thru hardships to get over here years ago.  I myself probably have relatives over there as we speak, but never knew them.  For years, my parents worked hard here and sent over money and bundles of clothes, etc. to both countries.  The relatives used to sell the clothes for money, which helped quite a bit.  Yara raising money from New Orleans would be the smartest way to go.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Yara’s girlfriend looked pretty good to me.  Dressed nicely.  It seemed like a conspiracy between the mother and friend to get Yara to stay there.  Them talking at the table about Jovie was rude.  I can just see Yara and the friend going out in Germany while the mother watches the baby.  That’s what she wants.  It’s actually making me sick to see how they are making a fool out of Jovi.  Why does he have to explain himself?  They go home like a family is right.  No party time for Yara and her very good friend for TWO years, lol.  Was that a designer bag the friend had?  Not bad.  I can’t take these people.  Someone get Gwen here ASAP.

Edited by kristen111
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
On 11/26/2022 at 12:11 AM, Frozendiva said:

We get some swimming pool action with Angela and Mykull. She then sets up a video chat with Billy. Mykull opens his yap to inform Billy that his wife has a crush on him. Ange is still determined to go to Canada. Maybe she has mileage points because all this travel is not cheap.

Does Angela forget the "Let's have SEXXXXX" videochat from the beginning of the season, or are the producers just hoping we will have?  How anyone can be attracted to her is beyond me, but she is absolutely attracted to him.  There is nothing platonic about this proposal.  It just feels like more emotional abuse and gaslighting to me.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

Yara’s mom has some really odd facial features and I think I saw a pic of Yara pre-plastic surgery where she had the same issues.  Hopefully Mylah will not inherit that face.

51 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

Does Angela forget the "Let's have SEXXXXX" videochat from the beginning of the season, or are the producers just hoping we will have?  How anyone can be attracted to her is beyond me, but she is absolutely attracted to him.  There is nothing platonic about this proposal.  It just feels like more emotional abuse and gaslighting to me.

Maybe she figures he can’t run away when he is hooked up for dialysis.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Eek, Ed and Liz were in my state!  And way to edit it so it looks like NW Arkansas is the sticks.  Four cities neighbor each other (or are very close), and together they could be larger than Little Rock.  There's also a gargantuan university lurking up there.  Ed and Liz's "party" was at Dromburg Castle, ten minutes from the U of A campus, so it's not in the wilderness.  It's also far more beautiful than how these chuckleheads decorated.  They didn't need that large a place.  

Jovi suspects rightly that Yara will take their child and stay  in Europe, and he'll have to come to her.  No way will she come back to the States.  Previews have him suggesting another baby.  I'm here to tell you that having a baby to prop up a failing marriage will not work.  And great idea; let's have two children who barely see their father as it is, and when they do, he's looking for the nearest bottle.  One child raised by an alcoholic is one child too many.  Yara is a bitch, certainly, but can I blame her for frustration with Jovi and his mother?

You mean to tell me that the only help Billy can find is that hag from 800 miles away in Georgia?  He has no friends, no access to health resources or home nurses?  That is, if his illness is real and this isn't just a ploy to get her there (why??).  And you mean to tell me that she can go apeshit over a woman on Instagram but she can tell Mikul that she's going to Canada whether he likes it or not?  Somehow, I believe Mikul and Angela will forever be "back and forth" in each other's dysfunctional orbit.  Just pry them off my screen, please.

Sumit had the greatest "oh shit" look in 90 Day history.  Christina will see him for the scam he is and the lies start falling.  What happens when his family brings up having a child?  This doesn't mean I'm in team Christina-she doesn't know anything of the culture.  Still, she and her partner seem to be the only ones telling it like it is.

I've got $100 that Usman's "nephew" is his child.  It goes beyond raising a stranger's child-guess who gets to support said child and Usman, too.  I can't wait for the great meeting of Jamal and Usman.  For myself, I would be so mad if I had to interrupt my life to go all the way to Africa to see what scammer my mother was involved with.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this adopt-the-nephew plan. Does the child have a mother? Is she married to Usman's brother? Does she have any say in the matter?

I am envisioning a wide range of possible scenarios. 

At one extreme, sympathy.
Perhaps Mohammed has so many children that he cannot provide for them all, and it would break the parents' hearts, but they would let him go to live with Kimberly in the U.S. in hopes of a better life for him?  

At the other extreme, part of a long con. With or without the cooperation of the child's mother:

"In many Nigerian patriarchal cultures, women bear and raise children but the children ‘belong’ to the man. This is hinged on the overarching principle of customary law that denies a mother’s lineage and strongly upholds patrilineage."

In this case, I really hope the whole thing is just tomfoolery from the producers, needing to juice up the storyline.

Edited by kirklandia
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yara’s mom has some really odd facial features and I think I saw a pic of Yara pre-plastic surgery where she had the same issues.  Hopefully Mylah will not inherit that face.

I wanted to say the same.  Yara doesn’t have it too bad.  Jovi bought her a nice new white car, etc.  So he works odd hours.  My husband worked 4 to 12 shift for ten years and took our only car the first few.  I had three little kids.  What is she complaining about?  She is very spoiled, and I hope he insists she come back with him.  She will probably punish him for it tho.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I wanted to say the same.  Yara doesn’t have it too bad.  Jovi bought her a nice new white car, etc.  So he works odd hours.  My husband worked 4 to 12 shift for ten years and took our only car the first few.  I had three little kids.  What is she complaining about?  She is very spoiled, and I hope he insists she come back with him.  She will probably punish him for it tho.

I think it's a little different - to have your husband work evening shift but still come home every day versus someone with a work schedule that takes them away from home for weeks at a time. Plenty of families make that work (especially military families) but it can't be easy. Then when Jovi is home, all he wants to do is drink at strip clubs. 

Thing is... Jovi has always been Jovi. He has never pretended to be something that he's not and Tara knew that when she married him. I don't know why she thought he would all of a sudden become a wholesome family man when they married. They seem like a terrible match and the only thing that keeps them together is that baby (who is adorable!).

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

Eek, Ed and Liz were in my state!  And way to edit it so it looks like NW Arkansas is the sticks.  Four cities neighbor each other (or are very close), and together they could be larger than Little Rock.  There's also a gargantuan university lurking up there.  Ed and Liz's "party" was at Dromburg Castle, ten minutes from the U of A campus, so it's not in the wilderness.  It's also far more beautiful than how these chuckleheads decorated.  They didn't need that large a place.  

That was really a castle? Sorry but I've never seen a castle that looked so uncastle like, looked like an overgrown mcmansion to me, the kitchen they were in looked like it was finished a week before filming.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think it's a little different - to have your husband work evening shift but still come home every day versus someone with a work schedule that takes them away from home for weeks at a time. Plenty of families make that work (especially military families) but it can't be easy. Then when Jovi is home, all he wants to do is drink at strip clubs. 

Thing is... Jovi has always been Jovi. He has never pretended to be something that he's not and Tara knew that when she married him. I don't know why she thought he would all of a sudden become a wholesome family man when they married. They seem like a terrible match and the only thing that keeps them together is that baby (who is adorable!).

9 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Lol .. you got me there.  Absolutely right.  For a minute, I forgot the strip clubs and drinking.  Bad match all around.    Actually, I was annoyed at last nights episode with all of them.  Every week I say I’m done with this stupid show .. but then come back for some reason.  Why?

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

Think Yara’s plan was to stay the 90 days just to be on the show to build her brand.  She never intended to get married but getting pregnant changed all that.  Jovi should be concerned and get Myla back in the US.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, anoninrva said:

How anyone can be attracted to her is beyond me, but she is absolutely attracted to him. 

Angela is "attracted" to any good-looking younger male who gives her a second look (even in shock).

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm confused. What help besides exposure on 90 days and getting his 15 mins of fame does Billy need from Grangela?

The Ontario health care system is taking care of his medical bills.  If he has issues with paying for any at home care and he is on a low income he can apply for assistance in family resources.

If he is on the dialysis system as he said, for hours each night, why is he in his car and not home or at the clinic getting dialysis? It was clearly  late fall/early winter (trees in the background had no leaves and there was no snow on the ground) and it was getting dark.  And he wants a chain smoking old wrinkle bat to assist him? WITH WHAT?  Plus he's pretty active on tik tok making dance videos.  I don't buy that he's that dire in terms of his health.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

Every time I see Grangela, I wonder about her whereabouts on January 6, 2021. Esp. with her level of anger. 

Her “friendship” with Billy is so confusing, but I feel like all of the relationships on this show are. She’s going to Canada to help Billy with what, exactly? He’s gotten along all this time without her, so assuming he can continue to manage. But for Michael, this is his chance to get away. Like he’s seriously signing up for a lifetime of crap with this woman? 

I feel for Kimberly’s son. He’s trying to be supportive of his mom, but he’s probably bracing himself for more absurdity every time he talks to her. Can’t wait until he meets Usman, who will probably try to play Mr. step daddy with him. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

Every time I see Grangela, I wonder about her whereabouts on January 6, 2021. Esp. with her level of anger. 

Her “friendship” with Billy is so confusing, but I feel like all of the relationships on this show are. She’s going to Canada to help Billy with what, exactly? He’s gotten along all this time without her, so assuming he can continue to manage. But for Michael, this is his chance to get away. Like he’s seriously signing up for a lifetime of crap with this woman? 

I feel for Kimberly’s son. He’s trying to be supportive of his mom, but he’s probably bracing himself for more absurdity every time he talks to her. Can’t wait until he meets Usman, who will probably try to play Mr. step daddy with him. 

I did turn to my wife & say "why doesn't he ask Jamal if he can adopt him?".

• LOL 5
44 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Angela is "attracted" to any good-looking younger male who gives her a second look (even in shock).

I think he is older than her though.

43 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I'm confused. What help besides exposure on 90 days and getting his 15 mins of fame does Billy need from Grangela?

The Ontario health care system is taking care of his medical bills.  If he has issues with paying for any at home care and he is on a low income he can apply for assistance in family resources.

If he is on the dialysis system as he said, for hours each night, why is he in his car and not home or at the clinic getting dialysis? It was clearly  late fall/early winter (trees in the background had no leaves and there was no snow on the ground) and it was getting dark.  And he wants a chain smoking old wrinkle bat to assist him? WITH WHAT?  Plus he's pretty active on tik tok making dance videos.  I don't buy that he's that dire in terms of his health.

Apparently she wants to swoop in and cook and clean for him for a few days.  It reminds me of the people who volunteer on Thanksgiving and Christmas and are nowhere to be found other times of the year.

I suppose anyone could need dialysis but isn’t it usually because of obesity or other lifestyle choices?

7 minutes ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

WTH were Kimberly and Jamal eating at that diner?  They brought out what looked like TV dinners.

He was eating samosas.

9 hours ago, kirklandia said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this adopt-the-nephew plan.

I don't see the rationale behind it at all! Why would this make Mama Usman happy since the kid already carries on the family bloodline and is her grandchild. Unless maybe Mohammed and Usman had different fathers so different "blood" which is entirely possible? Still, even if that was the case, switching Dads wouldn't change the boy's genetics. Usman said something about "in case something happened to Mohammed..." so why couldn't he adopt his son if and when that actually happened? 

1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

That was really a castle? Sorry but I've never seen a castle that looked so uncastle like, looked like an overgrown mcmansion to me, the kitchen they were in looked like it was finished a week before filming.

Yep, go to the website, it's on the market and looks a lot nicer in the pictures than it did when the family used it for filming. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I don't see the rationale behind it at all! Why would this make Mama Usman happy since the kid already carries on the family bloodline and is her grandchild. Unless maybe Mohammed and Usman had different fathers so different "blood" which is entirely possible? Still, even if that was the case, switching Dads wouldn't change the boy's genetics. Usman said something about "in case something happened to Mohammed..." so why couldn't he adopt his son if and when that actually happened? 

Because it’s all bs.  Usman could find a woman to carry his baby and impregnate her either the old-fashioned way or by IVF.  That would have provided the “offspring” his mother was demanding.  Him caring for one of her grandchildren who already exists is not the same as him producing his own offspring.  They just need a new obstacle each season.  Either one that his mom will object to or Kim will.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

She never intended to get married but getting pregnant changed all that

Agree....or she intended to get married, but then would have partied it up while Jovi was away. The baby changed all that because now when he is gone, she can't just pick up and go wherever on a whim, especially since Miss Gwen put her foot down about being free on call 24/7 babycare. Covid lockdowns also hit during her pregnancy.  I see people's point about why does Jovi care where she is while he is gone as long as she is home when he gets there....but, there is a difference in that while he is gone she could be in the home in LA, you know, making it THEIR home. Meeting people, establishing some sort of job and network so that she has that in place as their daughter gets older and starts school and activities. That would be her next bitchfest----"why i have to stay here and put myla in school Jovi, why? she has no friends, I know nobody Jovi, my mom, my people need me, you know there was a war Jovi?"

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Yep, go to the website, it's on the market and looks a lot nicer in the pictures than it did when the family used it for filming. 

It does look a lot nicer than on the show, doesn't even look like the same place, but it's still not a castle, nothing built new in 2008 qualifies as a castle as far as I'm concerned, it's just a big house that someone with more money than sense had built ( the queen of Versailles & her monstrosity must be their heroine & motivation).

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:
8 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

she has no friends

what about those harpies who told her she could do better than Jovi and should leave him (after he pays for her boob job)? 

Oh yes, those lol....I meant she will say Myla doesn't have any friends (but I am sure she will have her toddler "squad" wherever Babushka has been taking her) so why rush back to enroll in pre-K or kindergarten

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LGGirl said:

Think Yara’s plan was to stay the 90 days just to be on the show to build her brand.  She never intended to get married but getting pregnant changed all that.  Jovi should be concerned and get Myla back in the US.  

Then she should have not have gotten pregnant twice.

I can't believe Jamal agreed to go to Africa!  I would have been Mom just stop with this crazy talk!

• Like 1

I suppose anyone could need dialysis but isn’t it usually because of obesity or other lifestyle choices?

No, not at all. Dialysis is for people whose kidneys are not functioning. It's a way of clearing toxins and waste from the blood (which is what the kidneys do when they are working properly). There are all kinds of kidney diseases, many that have nothing to do with diet, obesity and other "lifestyle" choices. Diabetes, for example, is really hard on the kidneys and some diabetics end up on dialysis. 

Every week I say I’m done with this stupid show .. but then come back for some reason.  Why?

Me too. When I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

I've got $100 that Usman's "nephew" is his child.  It goes beyond raising a stranger's child-guess who gets to support said child and Usman, too.  I can't wait for the great meeting of Jamal and Usman.  For myself, I would be so mad if I had to interrupt my life to go all the way to Africa to see what scammer my mother was involved with.

I believe so too.  because, Usman is slinging her a line of bullshit. HE is expected to have a child.  Not adopt -  I don't care if it's his brothers child it is not his so it would not fulfill his mother's requirements.   I was married to an Arab ( the operative word being WAS). Most Muslim cultures are the same with regard to sons having children.  Also, isn't it interesting that the child's mother seems to have nothing to say about somebody taking away her kid!

Jamal is such a handsome and decent young man.  She obviously did something correct in raising him.  She should be grateful to have him as a son, and she should be enjoying him.  She needs to quit being ridiculous and find an American who shares her culture.  

Edited by Kid
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Diabetes, for example, is really hard on the kidneys and some diabetics end up on dialysis. 

Isn’t diabetes often related to obesity though?  I understand it’s not always.

7 minutes ago, Kid said:

Jamal is such a handsome and decent young man.  She obviously did something correct in raising him.

He has some of her facial features but because they are mannish they work on him in a way they don’t on her.

3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

She obviously did something correct in raising him.

Either she did, or his father....or extended family. Remember Kyle from an earlier season? He married Noon, a Thai woman. One episode featured Noon meeting his mother who was a fall down drunk. Kyle was a decent guy (which is why they disappeared from the TLC gravy train, they were a legit couple, not famewhores) but his mother was a trainwreck. She couldn't even keep a semblance of sobriety when she knew she was 1. meeting her future daughter in law and 2. being filmed for national tv. Just because Jamal seems like a level headed and sensible man doesn't mean Kim was a decent mother. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I couldn’t help but notice the contrast between the two conversations Angela and Michael each had with their perceived “competition”.

First: Angela rudely screamed at Michael’s female friend whose phone number happened to be in his phone. She was so aggressive the woman ultimately hung up.

Second: Michael politely apologized to Billy for having to ask if he had a crush on his wife, knowing that Angela had feelings for him. He was admirably calm given the situation.

The kicker is there was no gray area whatsoever that Angela had feelings toward Billy whereas there was zero evidence that Michael had any feelings for the woman Angela berated. Yet Michael was cordially inquisitive instead of being abusive and accusatory, the way Angela was toward Michael’s friend.

We’ve all said it before….just imagine if the tables were turned and Michael admitted to having feelings for another woman and was planning to visit her, even if the trip cost them their marriage. There isn’t enough sh** on the planet to sufficiently hit the fan to adequately represent Angela’s reaction to any of that. 

It drives me crazy that she regularly seems to get away with her behavior without consequence. Why do either of these men allow her into their lives?  

• Applause 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Stuckathome said:

Either she did, or his father....or extended family. Remember Kyle from an earlier season? He married Noon, a Thai woman. One episode featured Noon meeting his mother who was a fall down drunk. Kyle was a decent guy (which is why they disappeared from the TLC gravy train, they were a legit couple, not famewhores) but his mother was a trainwreck. She couldn't even keep a semblance of sobriety when she knew she was 1. meeting her future daughter in law and 2. being filmed for national tv. Just because Jamal seems like a level headed and sensible man doesn't mean Kim was a decent mother. 

That wasn’t my comment.

I think Billy was put on the spot when Michael asked him if he had a crush on Angela and was trying to be diplomatic when he said that she was a "beautiful person", had a "great heart", etc. He's flirtatious but there's NO WAY he is attracted to her sexually although I'm sure Angela would like him to be. Years of relying on tips from giving women lap dances, no matter their attractiveness, has probably taught him that he can smile and thank anyone who slips $$ into his Thief of Hearts G-string. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Spectator said:

Why do either of these men allow her into their lives?  

Surely Billy has the ability to Google Angela so I question the reality of this story line including whether or not Billy is really sick.  I doubt he is attracted to Angela in any way, shape or form, she probably told him that he could get some TLC money if he pretends to think she is an angel. 

It is ashame Angela does not realize that she should stay home and cook and clean for her grandchildren, they need her help more than a stranger in Canada with friends and probably family.

What ever happened to Angela's friend who traveled with her to Nigeria with her?

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

Ed and Liz's "party" was at Dromburg Castle, ten minutes from the U of A campus, so it's not in the wilderness.  It's also far more beautiful than how these chuckleheads decorated.  They didn't need that large a place.  

Wait that is a real castle?  It looks like a single family home.  There were toys in the yard.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Me too. When I figure it out, I'll let you know.

See you next week.  Now, I have to watch the other single dummies tonight, especially nut job Natalie.

Edited by kristen111
On 11/26/2022 at 12:24 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Yara and her "I'm a whole grown ass woman," I wish that grown ass woman phrase would go away.  All Yara keeps saying is she wants to help, okay, what does that entail? What will you be doing in Prague that would help the masses?

I kind of cringed with embarrassment for her when she said this. There was a time when this phrase was current, now it just seems old, tired and forced. Stupid. And Yara was stupid for saying it. And Yara - you may be an adult, but could you currently make it in this world without Jovi and his financial support? My guess is a big fat no. Until you have a solid plan to help, money to do so and a commitment to work hard for the people impacted, then you have no right to be in Europe flaunting your good fortune. 

Agree with everyone else - how exactly does she plan on helping anyone? What's her plan? Why aren't we hearing it by now if there is one? Because there is no plan except she wants to stay in Europe indefinitely, having lunches with friends and acting high and mighty. Bringing up a discussion about staying in Europe in front of everyone during their lunch was not something a "grown ass woman" would do. She should talk it over privately with her husband, and if he was uncomfortable with it she should seriously consider his point of view and then both make a final decision. Unfortunately, I don't think Yara is capable of having a real discussion. And Jovi is NOT selfish. What a thing to say.

I hate her mom, period. What a freaking manipulator with her "please," said in English to Jovi who was expected to melt and go with it. How incredible that this mom has zero substance and insight. Holy moly. And I thought is was incredibly rude of Yara, her mom and friend to speak among themselves after Jovi was happy that the friend spoke English, so they could all converse together.

I used to like Yara, but she's clearly only into herself. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

Isn’t diabetes often related to obesity though?  I understand it’s not always.

No.

Type I diabetes has nothing to do with weight. I'm not sure we really know what causes it. People are usually diagnosed in childhood though it can be diagnosed in adults. Most times, folks with Type I diabetes are insulin dependent. 

Type II diabetes is associated with being overweight. Sometimes losing weight helps; other times the person can lose weight, which can improve overall health, but he/she may remain diabetic. People with Type II diabetes may or may not use insulin. There are other drugs that also help treat Type II diabetes that are not insulin - I see them advertised on television (Trulicity is one...)

Not all diabetics end up with kidney problems but it is definitely a common complication.

Not all people with kidney problems have diabetes. Kidneys can lose function for a number of reasons, including other illnesses and genetic conditions and injury. I had a friend who was born with only one functioning kidney; the other was present but atrophied and never really worked. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Apparently she wants to swoop in and cook and clean for him for a few days.

She wants to cook for him?  That's a good one!  Anyone remember a few seasons ago when Michael wanted help preparing a meal for his family, and Angela would have none of it, but ordered pizza instead?

• Applause 2
  • Love 4