Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I wouldn't trust him to remove a splinter. Ugh, he's such a gossipy and grandstanding bitch I'd prolly have to listen to him talk about his amazing mansion and tv career and then when I left he'd snark about my shoes and call me a c word. Oh as he and other medical professionals say a "vagina." That Terry!- he uses fancy words since he's a Doctor.

• Love 6

Terry is like Gatsby with PMS.  Watching him on Botched just reiterates how he objectifies women and makes them into plastic dolls.  I saw a plastic surgeon like him once and he left me with such a feeling of shame and embarrassment that my mom almost punched him in the face.

• Love 1

Another Terry moment-bad, bad boy that his breast exam was so out of line they had to use another surgeon, http://www.allabouttrh.com/peggy-tanous-claims-bravo-wants-back-rhoc-says-terry-dubrow-needs-stop-trying-housewife/

Wow.  Go Peggy.  She said:

"For Terry Dubrow to comment is comical to me. He needs to stop trying to be a Housewife and stick to being a doctor.”

Dr. Dubrow got producers’ numbers because I filmed with him Season 6 about possibly doing my boobs, but he was all about the cameras, so I chose another doctor that I felt was more interested in my well being than in the cameras. Due to this, Bravo never aired our consultation. After that, he contacted production to see if they would buy a show of Heather and her friends opening a restaurant. They said no and told him to have her audition for Real Housewives."

That is so like our Miss Terry!  

• Love 4

"For Terry Dubrow to comment is comical to me. He needs to stop trying to be a Housewife and stick to being a doctor.”

Dr. Dubrow got producers’ numbers because I filmed with him Season 6 about possibly doing my boobs, but he was all about the cameras, so I chose another doctor that I felt was more interested in my well being than in the cameras. Due to this, Bravo never aired our consultation. After that, he contacted production to see if they would buy a show of Heather and her friends opening a restaurant. They said no and told him to have her audition for Real Housewives."

This only reinforces what Heather said about Terry giving her the silent treatment until she agreed to do the show.

• Love 3
This only reinforces what Heather said about Terry giving her the silent treatment until she agreed to do the show.

I hadn't heard that, but am not wholly surprised. That's unbelievably messed up, Terry pimping out his wife for his chance at D-list fame. Anyone wanting to do these shows surely has a clue about the toll it takes on a family, a marriage, a reputation…and even when you try to present yourself in the best possible light, the show can be fickle in terms of choosing a narrative or pigeonhole for you. I guess Terry didn't care so much about that.

• Love 4

I hadn't heard that, but am not wholly surprised. That's unbelievably messed up, Terry pimping out his wife for his chance at D-list fame. Anyone wanting to do these shows surely has a clue about the toll it takes on a family, a marriage, a reputation…and even when you try to present yourself in the best possible light, the show can be fickle in terms of choosing a narrative or pigeonhole for you. I guess Terry didn't care so much about that.

For Terry to announce he is quitting the RHOC is even funnier.  When Terry and Heather sold their mansion and he said-"now I can work less," I thought what a good guy more time with the family.  I was wrong.

• Love 2

I know it is kind of unbelievable.

The thing is Miss Terry is such a noodge and so involved in the Housewives business that he tries to get Bravo to use his titles for all the episodes. 

Luckily Andy rejected the one where they featured the Dubrow's in a photo session and Miss Terry wanted it to be called "Resting Baby Bitch Face."

I mean seriously! Enough already!

• Love 2

I'm watching Raechel Ray show & she has Dr Phil McGraw on & he's taking audience questions. Someone asked him if he watches himself on TV. He was like "No Way!!" Raechel piped in that she doesn't either. She said if she did, she would pick herself apart. The first thing that came to mind was Heather saying that Miss Terry loves to watch himself on TV, mainly Botched. I can just picture him in his entertainment room with a big bowl of popcorn watching Botched with that dopey grin on his face.

• Love 5

WHY would anyone buy a show with that silly ape "opening a restaurant"? These nitwits sure do think highly of themselves. This is a network with programs about real (and very good) chefs. Yet they believe someone would be interested in Madame puppet and some other hags (with ZERO restaurant experience) going through the pretense of opening a restaurant?? I'm so glad Bravo said, "Of course we aren't interested in that, but we have a gaggle of hags that Madame can clomp around with. She's as good of a middle-aged, botoxed hag as the rest of 'em." 

• Love 2

WHY would anyone buy a show with that silly ape "opening a restaurant"? These nitwits sure do think highly of themselves. This is a network with programs about real (and very good) chefs. Yet they believe someone would be interested in Madame puppet and some other hags (with ZERO restaurant experience) going through the pretense of opening a restaurant?? I'm so glad Bravo said, "Of course we aren't interested in that, but we have a gaggle of hags that Madame can clomp around with. She's as good of a middle-aged, botoxed hag as the rest of 'em." 

The restaurant was supposedly going to have Fabio (of Top Chef fame) as its chef.  IIRC, the first couple episodes Heather appeared in all had to do with taking a helicopter to LA to have dinner with her girlfriends and talk about the restaurant ... MAJOR GAG on the pretentiousness of it all.  Heather kept repeating how there were no good restaurants in the OC, and she had her girlfriends were going to FIX THAT!  No eating establishment in the entire OC was good enough for Fancy Pants' taste.  I'm sure, based on the content of those early scenes, that Bravo told Miss Terry and Heather that if she filmed for RHOC, she could use the restaurant story line, and they'd consider whether to turn it into its own spinoff.  That's my guess anyhow.  But in any event, check out those early scenes if you want to remind yourself how pretentious and fake the EyeBrow family has been since the get-go.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 3

The restaurant was supposedly going to have Fabio (of Top Chef fame) as its chef.  IIRC, the first couple episodes Heather appeared in all had to do with taking a helicopter to LA to have dinner with her girlfriends and talk about the restaurant ... MAJOR GAG on the pretentiousness of it all.  Heather kept repeating how there were no good restaurants in the OC, and she had her girlfriends were going to FIX THAT!  No eating establishment in the entire OC was good enough for Fancy Pants' taste.  I'm sure, based on the content of those early scenes, that Bravo told Miss Terry and Heather that if she filmed for RHOC, she could use the restaurant story line, and they'd consider whether to turn it into its own spinoff.  That's my guess anyhow.  But in any event, check out those early scenes if you want to remind yourself how pretentious and fake the EyeBrow family has been since the get-go.  

Yes, I remember all that idiocy. And I specifically remember wondering why this moron was more qualified than any other random moron to open a restaurant. I'm just shocked that these two dingbats would think to approach a network with the idea of, "Hey, me 'n her are thinkin' 'bout openin' a fancy rest'rant. Wanna make a show about it?" When I saw the whole nauseating scene of Madame in a helicopter, I just thought it was more made-up bs for the show because when I first encountered these two poseurs, my first question was--If you two are so rich and important, why don't you live on the water instead of in Mausoleum Manor? You're right, though. Those "EyeBrows" are some real imbeciles. 

ETA I flove Fabio! Thank God he escaped any association with Madame and Miss Terry.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 6

One of my biggest disappointments with this show is that Heather never tried to open her restaurant. That would have been reality TV gold - and certainly a more interesting storyline than Gretchen doing a Pussycat Dolls performance.

Heather got so busy with all her special guest starring roles there was no room in her schedule for the restaurant.  Maybe with Terry retiring from RHOC, the producers will go back and revisit the restaurant idea. 

• Love 2

One of my biggest disappointments with this show is that Heather never tried to open her restaurant. That would have been reality TV gold - and certainly a more interesting storyline than Gretchen doing a Pussycat Dolls performance.

I beg to differ!

Evidently, you are incapable of identifying High Art when it appears on your television.

How could you find Gretchen's tone deaf singing and uncoordinated, ahem, dancing uninteresting?

It is obvious Gretchen's "Performance Art" is at the very vanguard of a new Art Movement called "Orange County Abstract Exhibitionism".

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 3

I beg to differ!

Evidently, you are incapable of identifying High Art when it appears on your television.

How could you find Gretchen's tone deaf singing and uncoordinated, ahem, dancing uninteresting?

It is obvious Gretchen's "Performance Art" is at the very vanguard of a new Art Movement called "Orange County Abstract Exhibitionism".

FEEEEVER

I beg to differ!

Well, when you are following in the footsteps of epic musical acts like Jo De la Rosa, it's tough to compete. Let's face it, Gretchen could sing like Barbara Streisand, but it will always pale in comparison to the raw talent and magnetic force of Jo's debut single: "Those eyes...that smile..."

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 4
On September 18, 2014 at 4:30 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Well, when you are following in the footsteps of epic musical acts like Jo De la Rosa, it's tough to compete. Let's face it, Gretchen could sing like Barbara Streisand, but it will always pale in comparison to the raw talent and magnetic force of Jo's debut single: "Those eyes...that smile..."

"OOOHH the way I feel"......I love Jo and think she has the self awareness to cringe over her singing days.   You know, her being a pop star was never as far fetched as Vickis stupid ass schemes, though.  At least Jo was pretty and like able. 

On 9/17/2014 at 8:05 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

My teenaged daughter, who started watching with me this summer, saw Heather's personal chef and said "Wait a minute. I thought she was gonna open a restaurant?"  I said she was even though she never cooks herself. lol   But it never happened. Thank God because I can't imagine all of the angst with her being even busier than she is now what with building her mansion and managing her personal staff and nannies.

• Love 1

Confession time - Botched was on while I was at the gym and I liked Terry way more on Botched than I do RHOC.  One of their cases was a woman who had a double mastectomy because of cancer and the surgeon really did a terrible job with it so Terry had to fix it.  I guess maybe because that's where he's in his element and he's not shilling things (like on evine) but he I honestly didn't mind him on it. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Confession time - Botched was on while I was at the gym and I liked Terry way more on Botched than I do RHOC.  One of their cases was a woman who had a double mastectomy because of cancer and the surgeon really did a terrible job with it so Terry had to fix it.  I guess maybe because that's where he's in his element and he's not shilling things (like on evine) but he I honestly didn't mind him on it. 

I've had the same experience.   I despised the guy.  He's quite likable to me on Botched, whereas Paul is less likable, IMO. 

On 8/6/2016 at 4:38 AM, RedheadZombie said:

I've had the same experience.   I despised the guy.  He's quite likable to me on Botched, whereas Paul is less likable, IMO. 

Really?!? I find Terry's endless fat ape jokes about Paul to be nasty and profoundly unfunny. I also appreciate that Paul, from the beginning, has never entertained the delusions of any of the plastic surgery addicts who were going for extreme looks.

• Love 6

Question for any of you "Botched" watchers -- are Terry's outcomes consistently good (after vs before) or just, "well, it's better than it was but still not that great."

6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Really?!? I find Terry's endless fat ape jokes about Paul to be nasty and profoundly unfunny. I also appreciate that Paul, from the beginning, has never entertained the delusions of any of the plastic surgery addicts who were going for extreme looks.

He does that? Maybe Terry jokes with his wife that she's starting to resemble an insect. That would explain the tension between them.

stock-photo-praying-mantis-on-white-back

• Love 1
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Well ....... I've only seen about three episodes. Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead?  It became a little repetitive so I grew bored. 

• Love 1

Terry could save a child from a burning building and I still wouldn't like him based on the multiple negative Yelp reviews where people have reported being "botched" by him and then completely railroaded from being able to express their complaints or grievances. He sounds like a true sociopath.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Terry could save a child from a burning building and I still wouldn't like him based on the multiple negative Yelp reviews where people have reported being "botched" by him and then completely railroaded from being able to express their complaints or grievances. He sounds like a true sociopath.

But do you completely trust these reviews? I think that the same thing happens to him as to LVP on the BH show. People that just don't like her/him post very negative reviews. I've noticed that most of the people that post negative reviews only have a handful of other reviews.  I'm not sure about other people (I am Yelp obsessed and use it for most everything), but I look closely at how busy folks that post reviews are. If they are very negative reviews, and the person posting only has 6 or 7 other reviews, I don't take them as seriously. I've got a couple of friends (well, acquaintances) that like to occasionally post mean stuff on Yelp against business that compete with ones that they like. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But do you completely trust these reviews? I think that the same thing happens to him as to LVP on the BH show. People that just don't like her/him post very negative reviews. I've noticed that most of the people that post negative reviews only have a handful of other reviews.  I'm not sure about other people (I am Yelp obsessed and use it for most everything), but I look closely at how busy folks that post reviews are. If they are very negative reviews, and the person posting only has 6 or 7 other reviews, I don't take them as seriously. I've got a couple of friends (well, acquaintances) that like to occasionally post mean stuff on Yelp against business that compete with ones that they like. 

I agree. Like when a HW "writes" a book and her fans go and give it a good review before the book is even published or a negative review when they dislike the HW. LOL Anything related to a HW show, including Terry's Yelp reviews are subject to these sorts of antics, therefore they are questionable. It's the price they pay for being on a HW show. LOL

• Love 1
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think it's pretty damning that there is more than one of them and that they tell a similar story. I also use Yelp a lot, and tend to be suspicious of extremely negative reviews, but I remember these reviews being clear, lucid, specific - and, again, overlapping in terms of the quality of their experiences.

• Love 3

Id take anything from Yelp with a grain of salt.   my Optometrist has numerous bad reviews, and he's awesome.   IMO, most people use Yelp for shitty non restaurant reviews ("omg!  It was so yummy! Nom nom!) or to grind an axe.    Terry is a surgeon, not a magician.   I'm sorry to say that you can modify, but can't fully cure homely.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Id take anything from Yelp with a grain of salt.   my Optometrist has numerous bad reviews, and he's awesome.   IMO, most people use Yelp for shitty non restaurant reviews ("omg!  It was so yummy! Nom nom!) or to grind an axe.    Terry is a surgeon, not a magician.   I'm sorry to say that you can modify, but can't fully cure homely.   

I got lost following an address they posted, just yesterday.

-----

I worked with ALL kinds of doctors and some of them surgeons are kinda manic and don't think kindly of us non-educated folks?

• Love 1

I don't ever trust Yelp reviews (or any other internet "review" sites 100%).  However, Ms Terry has his own platform with his very own show (and the RHOC gig too)and he has no problem presenting himself as a total goofball, asshole, inconsiderate POS.

I wish Dr Nassir(?)  would team up with a real decent plastic surgeon and do the Botched show without fugly ass Terry.

Maybe Terry and Jimbo (Meghan's lovely husband) could go on the road and do their own reality show. They seem like such a great couple. Neither one of them are interested in being present in their wives/children's lives. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

I got lost following an address they posted, just yesterday.

-----

I worked with ALL kinds of doctors and some of them surgeons are kinda manic and don't think kindly of us non-educated folks?

Agree. Grew up around them all my life, not as a patient. Doctors and nurses don't scare me, it's amazing what some can do but I don't put them on a pedstal and I have no problem getting in their face.  I have more respect for veterinarians.

• Love 2

I haven't worked in human medicine but have worked in veterinary medicine for over 20 years. Some of the vets were awesome, some of them just in it for the money (talk the client into getting a dental on their pet so we" can make money etc).  Doctors/veterinarians are humans and that is where the problem lies...if they were a different species, they would be on a much higher plane of love, compassion and commitment ( exactly where the animals are :)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Giselle said:

Agree. Grew up around them all my life, not as a patient. Doctors and nurses don't scare me, it's amazing what some can do but I don't put them on a pedstal and I have no problem getting in their face.  I have more respect for veterinarians.

I worked for a little asshole surgeon who REFUSED to work on Friday afternoons - he wanted to screw his GF or play golf - without his wife knowing about it?

I was asked to schedule him on Fridays by my boss, I did and when his schedule came out he RAN to my desk, stood over me and began to scream at me about his cases.

I had this five foot seven, little fucking twerp standing over me and yelling about his workload.

I pushed my chair away from my desk and stood up and asked him - in a neutral tone -what he wanted me to do about it.

It took him a second to realize that this 6 foot two, ugly fucker was looking DOWN on him.

(My desk was usually run by a woman and the surgeons - male and female - had historically treated whoever sat there, like shit.) I stood there and told him that I was only doing what I was told, all the while giving him a major league stink eye.

He stood there and yammered for a moment and went to find my boss.

I laughed my ass off and soon got the word that the surgeons had revolted and wanted someone else on the desk.

After a heart to heart with my boss soon after and told them to take the job and shove it. I boxed up my shit and walked out of the building - and never regretted that decision.

Plastic Surgeons are even wackier?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

What is the difference between God and a Doctor? 

God doesn't think he is a Doctor.

Aaaaand it's booboopbedoo for the win! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

What is the difference between God and a Doctor? 

God doesn't think he is a Doctor.

A doctor can make you walk again, see or heal you, but it is true that they are frustrated they can't 'do it all'.

The other thing about surgeons?

They don't do the long term care on patients - I had a surgery once and during my preop the surgeon told me that 'If I had any bleeding, NOT to call her, all my GP......"

Lovely.

• Love 1

Since we're sharing, I've had several uncomfortable encounters with surgeons (I'm a nurse).  Most of the surgeons were ok, but there were a few tyrants and sexual harassers in the bunch. 

From least offensive to worse:

It's not uncommon that a patient awakes from surgery, and is combative and still very much out of it.  Not once, even with my favorites, did one anesthesiologist (all male) attempt to help us, or act at all concerned that we were being assaulted.  They would stand back, far away from the danger, and toss out brilliant advice -  "Watch that IV!"  

One orthopedic surgeon would come out surgery spouting off orders in the midst of our chaos.  There were no exceptions that wouldn't require us to immediately obey.  His patient had to receive this antibiotic immediately.  He also refused to go to the waiting room to talk to family.  Instead, he ordered us to call into the waiting room and inform the volunteer to walk the family to outside our doors.  Once he sat next to me at the desk and silently pointed to a pen.  Before I could stop myself, I said, "What does that finger mean, Dr. X?  Does it mean please hand me that pen?"  I think he actually enjoyed it, and he just nodded.  

While I worked in a surgical department, a thoracic surgeon became upset that his patient was transferred for an evolving stroke.  He said the patient should have stayed, and I simply needed to monitor her neuro signs.  This he demonstrated by stabbing his finger into my forehead.  He then found me charting in the corner, and stood right over me, still complaining, while he vigorously tucked his scrub top deeply into his bottoms.  I hated this guy, and I had absolute ly no respect for him.  He also once dropped the F bomb on me over the phone, and not so subtlely threatened to have me fired.   All of these situations were caused by the previous shift, BTW. 

I once had a cardiologist slap me on the ass.  He was following me into the room when landed it.  I probably jumped a foot in the air.  I tried to tell myself that he wasn't used to tall women and was probably aiming at my lower back. 

Lastly, I had one surgeon who really targeted me.  He made increasingly suggestive remarks until the day he gave me an unwanted massage.  I was alone except for a sedated patient.  I got up quickly and moved to the other side of the room, where he immediately followed.  He was saying stupid stuff like - I want to be reincarnated as your beauty mark so I can be close to your lips.  I ended up hiding in the women's locker room when he showed up.  All my co-workers knew about this and just laughed it off.  Nobody ever labeled it sexual harassment.

• Love 1