Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Clash Landing

• Start Topic

A fight between the entire interior team erupts and affects the crew on their night out; Storm’s support of Natalya causes her to reconsider their romance; Demanding boat-savvy guests put the crew through their paces and the incoming swell only intensifies the turbulence; When Natasha tries to set boundaries with Dave, he gets angry and the dinner service spirals out of control; The season takes an unexpected tumble when a crew member has a sudden serious injury.

Bravo Airdate: 10/24/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

I already got the episode (YouTubetv) so hopefully it’s okay to comment. 

I guess it’s good the interior crew made up, even if nothing was actually resolved, since there’s only two charters left. But I really hope Tash gets called out on being a terrible manager at the reunion. 

Dave is incapable of doing his work when his personal life is in turmoil. I don’t know what made him think there was a chance again with Tash, but he really lets it get to him. I do think she was using him for emotional support in a misleading way, but that he fell for it again is on him. So messy. 

The guests could have been more obnoxious considering they were waiting so long for subpar food while docked. That fell at the end looks bad! 

• Love 9

I honestly do not understand why Dave felt the need to text Natasha that. She should have texted him that response when the drama started unless she did and we weren't shown that.  Seriously Natasha, stop hugging Dave.  Both of you should just speak about what is being served, what time the meals are, and if the food can go out.  Nothing else because you both just seem unable to handle anything else.  The parents were kind because the food took too long to come out.  Watching him chop up the food you could see it wouldn't be that good because he was too focused on Natasha and their issues.

2 charters left and I'm sure there will be more issues with the interior.  I hope Kyle isn't seriously hurt.

Natasha is a terrible chief stew.  I notice a pattern with her.  When someone isn't telling her she is great she has a problem with them.  Sandy was yelling at her, Nat was screaming at her, Dave was being rude to her.  Dave's texts to her are rude.  Was he that rude to her all morning? He wasn't all fawning all over her.  Again with the provisions.  It was her fault with the mint if she over ordered it and it went to waste.  Why keep ordering a lot when it's not used.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Kyle? Meet karma.

Honest to Pete, you'd think the show recruited the interior crew from the nearest psychiatric ward. These people are all so dysfunctional it's ridiculous. The problem with Natalya and Kyle is that they are two sides of the same coin. He's a terrible person but she's been bending Courtney's ear all season long so she's no one to call out talking behind your back. Natasha is the worst manager we have ever seen on any season of any BD show. And there is something seriously wrong with Dave. There is something seriously wrong with Natasha too. 

It's very disheartening to hear that Kyle will be back for another season. I'm guessing the producers thought he was "funny" but he's obnoxious, unprofessional downright bitchy. 

I do sympathize with the charter guests, to pay a lot of money to charter a luxury yacht and not even get off the dock would be a real buzzkill. And none of them looked enthused about the field trip to the cannon either. 

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It's very disheartening to hear that Kyle will be back for another season. I'm guessing the producers thought he was "funny" but he's obnoxious, unprofessional downright bitchy. 

What the what??? Ugh. Really?

The only thing that would make his return better would be if Kate came back as his chief stew.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Like a mental hospital missing the exact number of patients that are on this crew, these comments are in the order of the episode broadcast…

Right, who’s the person responsible for continuity on this show?  Because they need to be fired.  Last episode, Wanker Kyle did a full-on apology to Natalya, and now this episode, it’s like that never happened.  Pick a bloody lane, people.

And Kyle – your “Hamlet played by a 1960’s actors’ shirt” is less than impressive, especially considering what’s beneath it.

Reid – you’re not helping.  Don’t offer sage advice when you’re not a sage.

Natalya digs cash out of her bra from 7:33 to 7:39 – woo hoo!  Keep it coming!

Dave asks if Natasha’s boyfriend is still around – she doesn’t directly answer.  No wonder these people have problems.  You know, at first, I felt sorry for both of them.  Now I don’t care what happens to either one.  They’re both co-dependent enablers.  They thrive on drama.  Ugh.  Enough.

Kyle: “I’m not playing the victim.”  Oh yes you are.  That’s what you do.  Nothing is your fault.  Fortunately, our glasses aren’t rose-coloured.

So the interior crew have a session where… WTF?  Everything ends up all touchy/feely/apologetic… how long will that last?  Five minutes?

Comment from guests coming aboard:  “The hot tub looks a little dirty.”  If you had any idea what’s gone on in that hot tub just this season alone…

Considering that the stabilisers on this tub have failed at least twice on this series, it’s no surprise that Captain Queeg doesn’t want to take the boat into rough waters.  Having said that, how crap is it that one pays for an expensive boat charter – and doesn't leave the harbour?

Dave, you’re even more of an emotionally troubled nutbag than all of the other emotionally troubled nutbags.  But that’s no reason to take it out on the guests.  And you were doing so well the last couple of charters.  Very disappointing.  Just dumping a bunch of broccoli into bowls?  I’d expect that at my house, not on a 5 star yacht.

And at the end we have more potentially fake drama with Kyle not managing stairs.  No footage of any actual fall, mind you, just some staged aftermath shots.  We’ll see.

What will happen next week?  Will Captain Queeg demand an injury report be filed immediately?  Will the Minnow depart for a 3 hour tour?  Will charter guest Isaac do anything but stare ahead and say nothing?  Stay tuned, if you can stay awake…

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

And at the end we have more potentially fake drama with Kyle not managing stairs.  No footage of any actual fall, mind you, just some staged aftermath shots.  We’ll see.

Another mystery? Why was he so far away from the actual stairs? If he fell he should of been at the bottom of the stairs,  not several feet away. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I do sympathize with the charter guests, to pay a lot of money to charter a luxury yacht and not even get off the dock would be a real buzzkill. And none of them looked enthused about the field trip to the cannon either. 

What would happen in a real charter though?  If they're paying so much money, I'd demand rescheduling so they get the full services of the yacht.

My guess is, they're not going to alter the shooting production schedule for weather.  In fact they can make one of the stories of the episode be about the weather.

So the guests on the show will go along because they're probably not paying what they would in a charter.  And probably prompted to complain here and there, constantly saying "I hope we get off the dock tomorrow" over and over again.

Then the 21-year old is complaining constantly about 7-star service.  Like she would know what that is if it wasn't for daddy's money.  Well high end service is for high-end people and one thing they don't do is not be courteous or civil in public.  Or on camera, though it's doubtful people who are used to spending for luxury services are going to do a reality clown show on Bravo.

How does she know what paella is suppose to taste like?  BTW, they're not in Spain so you have to make allowances for the fact that the food isn't quite going to be the same.  For instance, get a pizza in Spain, won't be quite like it is in Naples or Brooklyn.

The crew is suppose to be stressed because they think it will mean a low tip.  No I think the producers determine the tip, has nothing to do with what the guests think.

Seriously, these people supposedly yacht all the time and do water sports back home.  So why would they fly 15-20 hours to Europe to do the same damn thing?  Why wouldn't they stay on land and see what Europe is about instead of replicating the lifestyle they have all the time?

Oh I know, they're experienced sailors so they will be critical of the crew.  Whatever, they've had yacht brokers and yacht crew members before on these shows, it's a recycled plot.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

Right, who’s the person responsible for continuity on this show?  Because they need to be fired.  Last episode, Wanker Kyle did a full-on apology to Natalya, and now this episode, it’s like that never happened.  Pick a bloody lane, people.

What happened was that when Kyle went into the laundry room to apologize, he told Natalya "nobody made me come here to apologize." Then at the dinner, Storm blabbed to Natalya that the Captain chewed Kyle out for talking smack behind her back and that's the real reason he apologized. That's when Kyle got all shirty about it and said he had nothing more to say about it. And it escalated from there because neither of them would let it go.

Then the 21-year old is complaining constantly about 7-star service.  Like she would know what that is if it wasn't for daddy's money. 

Is there even such a thing as 7-star service? I've heard of five star service, that's as high as the Michelin rating goes. Is this kid just adding stars? Why not ten or twenty?

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

What happened was that when Kyle went into the laundry room to apologize, he told Natalya "nobody made me come here to apologize." Then at the dinner, Storm blabbed to Natalya that the Captain chewed Kyle out for talking smack behind her back and that's the real reason he apologized. That's when Kyle got all shirty about it and said he had nothing more to say about it. And it escalated from there because neither of them would let it go.

Is there even such a thing as 7-star service? I've heard of five star service, that's as high as the Michelin rating goes. Is this kid just adding stars? Why not ten or twenty?

I know there is such a thing as 6-star service but that only applies to a couple of hotels in the world, one I know of is in Dubai but yeah this wouldn't get close to the level needed for 5 stars never mind 7.

14 hours ago, Genus said:

Another mystery? Why was he so far away from the actual stairs? If he fell he should of been at the bottom of the stairs,  not several feet away. 

Next week, we will learn he was actually attacked by an owl. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
On 10/18/2022 at 1:13 AM, Genus said:

Did he actually fall down the stairs or did he drop the dish/container with the decorative beads and then fall as he stepped on them?

Edited by snarts
beads sound better than balls, heh.
On 10/19/2022 at 2:10 PM, snarts said:

Did he actually fall down the stairs or did he drop the dish/container with the decorative beads and then fall as he stepped on them?

If he did slip on the "beads" again he would have slipped backwards towards the stairs, and not forwards, and certainly not several feet further up the hallway.

Plus, why wasn't he wearing shoes? Walking around on the stairs and floors in just socks is a disaster waiting to happen. I call producer driven antics.

• Love 1
On 10/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, snarts said:

Natalya bludgeoned him with a blowpoke.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 5
On 10/18/2022 at 1:13 AM, Genus said:

I read that in Keith Morrison's voice.  

With all the cameras on that boat Kyle manages to fall out of camera range but is able to drag himself in to camera range.

Can you be a yacht broker and not yet 21? Legal documents would have to be signed by someone of age, right? Is 18 of age for that stuff? She bugged me, complaining being the voice of everyone when no one was really complaining.

The paella looked terrible, were there clams, mussels, octopus in it? I only saw cherry tomatoes and shrimp Just served in a bowl, no garnish?  It seems Dave's mood affects his cooking but in all fairness he pulled that passive aggressive crap by sending a text to Nat or is it Tash, (I will never know the difference), he could not just leave it alone and get along for the next week or so.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Can you be a yacht broker and not yet 21? Legal documents would have to be signed by someone of age, right? Is 18 of age for that stuff? She bugged me, complaining being the voice of everyone when no one was really complaining.

18 is of age for most of the world except the ultra religious nations who tend to go by gender anyway. The good old USofA is the big exception to this, for some reason believing that at 18 you can buy a gun, join the army & get shot at as well as shoot others, gamble etc. etc. but not old enough to have a beer afterwards, unless you're in the army, navy, air force and stationed in another country but not on base/ ship.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/18/2022 at 1:48 PM, OlderThanDirt said:

And the rice on good paella is supposed to be crispy. If it's soupy it's not done. 

Thank you!  I was thinking the same thing,  these idiots know nothing about food or service.

• Love 4
On 10/18/2022 at 1:48 PM, OlderThanDirt said:

And the rice on good paella is supposed to be crispy. If it's soupy it's not done. 

And, in my opinion, it's the best part! That guest sounded so stupid complaining about crispy rice in paella. 

• Love 4

Can someone remind me of the origin of the Blowpoke reference? Was it one of those true crimes perhaps the one about the woman who fell down the stairs and there was a massive amount of blood which couldn't be directly attributed to a fall but rather a beating with a Blow poke which the husband owned?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

What the heck is wrong with these men? Natasha and Natalya - yes they are thin, attractive, have long hair and like to have sex when they feel like it. That seems to be enough to turn the guys into pathetic puppy dogs. And they are terrible users and nobody sees it. Playing at relationships instead of actually having any. They like to have boyfriends, but love no one. This crew is so unlikable.  If Natasha, whose sole purpose in life is to tell everyone how to do their jobs doesn’t shut up, I’m going to scream.  How many episodes left?

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Can someone remind me of the origin of the Blowpoke reference? Was it one of those true crimes perhaps the one about the woman who fell down the stairs and there was a massive amount of blood which couldn't be directly attributed to a fall but rather a beating with a Blow poke which the husband owned?

That's the one!

I still think that if Dave would have just played it cool, he could have banged Tash the whole season.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

That's the one!

I still think that if Dave would have just played it cool, he could have banged Tash the whole season.

OMG I totally said this to my hubs...if he just treated her like garbage and acted like he didn't give a shit, she would be all over that.  She's a mess and so is he!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 10/17/2022 at 3:10 PM, iMonrey said:

Kyle? Meet karma.

Honest to Pete, you'd think the show recruited the interior crew from the nearest psychiatric ward. These people are all so dysfunctional it's ridiculous. The problem with Natalya and Kyle is that they are two sides of the same coin. He's a terrible person but she's been bending Courtney's ear all season long so she's no one to call out talking behind your back. Natasha is the worst manager we have ever seen on any season of any BD show. And there is something seriously wrong with Dave. There is something seriously wrong with Natasha too. 

I really enjoy Kyle and when managed properly, he's a huge asset. Natalya is a good worker but I'm tired of her constant complaints and martyr behaviour. Natasha just hates being confronted or held accountable.

Kyle? Meet karma.

Kyle strikes me as the inspiration to the Post-Beatles Paul Mccartney song "Uncle Albert" -- "We're so sorry... Uncle Albert... But we haven't done a bloody thing all day..."

• LOL 3

Honest to Pete, you'd think the show recruited the interior crew from the nearest psychiatric ward.

@iMonrey, I love ya, but this comment hit too close to home for me.  Mental illness is no joke, and neither are psych wards.  And I know you didn't mean to hurt anyone.  OTOH, I love this: "Kyle? Meet karma."  Spot on.

Edited by Oosala
  • Applause 1