Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/10/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 10 – Jamie Lee Curtis (“Halloween Ends”); “View Your Deal”

Tuesday, Oct. 11 – Geena Davis (author, “Dying of Politeness”); Antoni Porowski (“Easy-Bake Battle: The Home Cooking Competition”)

Wednesday, Oct. 12 – “The View” celebrates Joy Behar’s birthday; John Lithgow (director, off-Broadway’s “Everything’s Fine”); Joy’s Tag Sale

Thursday, Oct. 13 – John Stamos (“Big Shot”); Sam Waterston (“Law & Order”)

Friday, Oct. 14 – ABC News political director Rick Klein (“Power Trip”); chef Aarón Sánchez joined by Adriana Robleto

I ❤️ Jamie Lee Curtis. That is all.

BrianASSHOLETeta needs to be be fired. Or whatever producer waved off Jamie with music! 🤯🤬🤯🤬🤯🤬🤯🤬

HOW FUCKING DARE THEY!!!!🤬🤯🤬🤯🤬🤯🤬🤯🤯🤬🤯🤬🤬🤯

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I agree with posters above that Jamie Lee Curtis was a delightful interview, she just radiated joy & enthusiasm.  I'm not a fan of scary/gory movies (Like Sunny), but I would love to see a remake of "Freaky Friday"

Well Jamie’s Freaky Friday is a remake of the one starring Jodi Foster! I can’t remember who played Jodi’s mom, though.

And I just giggled when Jamie was talking about ❤️🥰❤️Mark Harmon❤️🥰❤️, then talking to Pam, his wife, to “explain” what she meant!😂😂😂

I also noticed that Whoopi’s nails were a glowy green today! Wonder if she’ll be sporting Halloween colors this month?

• Like 4

Love Joy and miss her every time she’s out - but ugh, don’t want to “celebrate” her (or any other panelist’s) birthday.  Happy 80th last week, Josefina!

Oops, perdono, Josephine.

Edited by Oneofem
Ignorance
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, justduckey said:

Where is Joy? Last week they said she was off last week. Monday’s she doesn’t work. Where is she today?

I assume she has to be there tomorrow for them to celebrate her birthday at least. Her being off makes me realize how little I care about the rest of them these days. I mean, I don't like Whoopi or Alyssa at all--for wildly different reasons. But even the other three have been getting on my nerves at different times, it seems like there's never any topic where there isn't at least one of the three bugging the hell out of me. They aren't enough for me to endure Whoopi and Alyssa, sorry.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't like Whoopi or Alyssa at all--for wildly different reasons. But even the other three have been getting on my nerves at different times, it seems like there's never any topic where there isn't at least one of the three bugging the hell out of me. They aren't enough for me to endure Whoopi and Alyssa, sorry.

I don't get how anyone could get through watching hot topics without throwing a brick at their TV. The mispronunciations, the misinformation, the disinformation, I just can't take it.  I DVR everyday, I check in here during the day to find out who the guest is.  Like yesterday, I discovered JLC was on, I came home last night, watched JLC while I was fixing dinner, and was thoroughly delighted (Sunny, the name of the movie is Haunted Mansion).  I'm pulling for her nomination for Everything..., which incidentally I went to go see after watching the awesome Michelle Yeoh on The View.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Like yesterday, I discovered JLC was on, I came home last night, watched JLC while I was fixing dinner, and was thoroughly delighted

That was a good interview.  But it helps that JLC is a good guest.  

I can't put my finger on it but this season something isn't clicking.  I don't know if it's Joy being there less or Sunny being even more Sunnier than usual or what but it all just feels off. 

This is an election year with some pretty big things at stake and the View seems  uncharacteristically kinda low energy about it.  I have much more animated conversations amongst my friends.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

That was a good interview.  But it helps that JLC is a good guest.  

JLC was 100% the reason that interview worked.  The panelists added little, but shock that a movie called Halloween Ends was scary, and the usual talk show platitudes.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

But it helps that JLC is a good guest.

She's an EXCELLENT guest. I remember when I crossed paths with her many years ago at Denver Airport. I was heading home from Wyoming (horsie back riding at a honest to goodness Dude Ranch) and she was heading back home to California. She was with her husband and her little boy.

I recognized her voice right away-she was right behind me. I sooooo wanted to turn around and ask for her autograph, but she was with her family. I loved the conversation with her son (I think he was around three or four? maybe)-so loving and engaged. So I kept put and didn't act like an entitled fan. But I really do wish I could meet her as a fan and get her autograph.

Whaaat?

Topic?

Sara did ask one good question, which started off a good conversation-but in hindsight, I guess it's a question everyone who is part of a franchise gets-that did they expect the Halloween franchise to be the cult classic it turned out to be. Frankly, the first is the BEST, and I never watched those other ones that didn't star Jamie Lee Curtis-but did watch the one where she reprised her role.

Sunny just needs to STAHP with coyness and acting childish and shocked when talking about scary movies, you know, being SCARY.

I'm glad that the majority of the show was used for Jamie Lee's interview-it prevented Sunny and Alyssa from discussing what Sunny wanted her to explain to her about Alyssa being a Libertarian, when they were talking about marijuana. Sunny acting as if either she's never heard of that party, or Alyssa suddenly being one. Because all I've seen and heard out of her mouth has been "I'm a Republican" and "As a Republican" or "My party" etc. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

In regards to the butter board...ewww.  I don't see how this is better than just pre-buttering the bread and putting whatever toppings on individually.  Or at the very least, give everyone their own little bowl of butter and toppings, so butter's just not being spread around everywhere.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Snapdragon said:

In regards to the butter board...ewww.  I don't see how this is better than just pre-buttering the bread and putting whatever toppings on individually.  Or at the very least, give everyone their own little bowl of butter and toppings, so butter's just not being spread around everywhere.  

Seriously.  I really loved and laughed at Whoopi's contempt for this trend. Yuck.

I think I'll check out the show on Netflix, because those curled and shaved carrots look yummilicous.

57 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

There needs to be a happy medium between the shrieking harpie and go along to get along.

She just can't resist the "whataboutisms" and "both sidesisms" whenever there is a topic where her party looks bad.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, KingCharlesIII said:

Say what you want about Elisabeth and Meghan - at least they sparked a fire while they were there and lasted more than one season.

Elisabeth survived for as long as she did because of Bill Geddie.  She was finally shown the door because focus groups did not like her politics. Unfortunately ABC thought that meant they needed to show Joy the door as well which of course bit them in the ass.  Meghan might have sparked but as a viewer it was not entertaining to watch. She was just always so mean and nasty.

• Like 1
  • Love 13

Jedidiah did last more than one season; she started four or five months before the new season in 2016, joined officially the next season, and even signed for the next season after that only to be fired out of nowhere a month into it to make room for McCain. I always thought Alyssa would be the one picked because she's the most similar to Jedidiah. Candace also stayed halfway into her second season. Paula was only out because of Whoopi, and Abby only left because of McCain. McCain was out once her family connection at ABC retired. Nicolle's the only one I know of that was fired because the show for whatever reason didn't think she worked; probably just to completely re-start and leave the bad blood from her season behind is the more likely reason.

Alyssa's already guaranteed to be on through to 2025, I believe? At least most articles around the time she was hired said this current panel will be locked through the next presidential election. I imagine the reason Alyssa avoids confrontation is she knows Sunny will simply bring up where she worked to implode most of her talking points, so Alyssa knows she isn't likely to "win" any direct back-and-forths the usual way and is more covert in the way she slides them in there.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Alyssa's already guaranteed to be on through to 2025, I believe? At least most articles around the time she was hired said this current panel will be locked through the next presidential election. 

A contract ties a person to the show, not the show to a person. She could be let go at the end of a 13-week contract cycle.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, KingCharlesIII said:

Sad to see Sunny is slowly becoming the same way in her own self-righteous way. I think she's losing favor with many viewers and not just the ones n this forum. 

Slowly?  She's evil and a bully.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Slowly?  She's evil and a bully.

Evil? Has Sunny committed some crime we’re not aware of? I haven’t seen her bully anyone. Challenge? Yes. Disagree with? Yes. I know what a bully is as I was bullied for a lot of years-first in elementary school, then at one of my former jobs.

Yes, Sunny can be arrogant. But she doesn’t tell anyone on the panel that they “have to listen to” her like Meghan did constantly.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Applause 9
  • Love 14

I agree that something isn’t clicking for me this season/ I would always watch Hot Topics but lately I don’t even pay attention or delete it from the DVR halfway through.

I don’t like AFG at all.

I miss Joy.

It’s all just meh so far.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, Sunny can be arrogant. But she doesn’t tell anyone on the panel that they “have to listen to” her like Meghan did constantly.

No, but she sure enjoys repeating the same old tropes day in and day out. Kind of the same thing as "listen to me" in case you (the audience) didn't hear me the first 197 times.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Oneofem said:

That butterboard must  be truly disgusting!

I was telling a friend I guarantee someone put it on Tik Tok and idiots thought oh how cool and here we are.  Look what wikipedia says.

The butter board first appeared in the 2017 cookbook Six Seasons: A New Way With Vegetables by Joshua McFadden.[3] It was popularized in 2022 by a viral video on TikTok by the food blogger Justine Doiron, who media credited with spreading the butter board trend.

The dumbing down of America continues via social media.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don’t see how the butter board is any worse (hygienicly) than a bowl of dip or a chocolate fountain. I mean, they are all gross when you think about it. I can’t believe Whoopi would turn down a bowl of chips and guac.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I could have done without this whole auction thing.

yeah, that was pretty strange

i am assuming whoever bid all that money on the mug was just a plant and it wasn't a real sale

16 minutes ago, cinsays said:

yeah, that was pretty strange

i am assuming whoever bid all that money on the mug was just a plant and it wasn't a real sale

The producers were bidding. I’m guessing the guy who bid $300 was a producer too. Once they got past a few bucks no one in the audience wanted to bid on a coffee mug from 2012. (Really, show?)

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Axie said:

Wow!  Joy receiving birthday wishes from the President and First Lady is quite a tribute!

Yes, she seemed very shocked! Normally, I don't really enjoy the birthday celebration episodes, but this one was surprisingly good. Thankfully they gave Joy all the airtime to talk about her trip to Spain, and her and Lithgow were very genuine together. Lithgow's story was hilarious, I'm surprised they didn't bleep him at one point!

The sale at the end made me laugh for a lot of reasons, too. Well, I knew immediately Joy would have difficulty getting through everything on time, but it didn't help that Sunny was there derailing everything with "I told you so"'s about the Martha Stewart stuff. But what killed me was the audience actually going up to a $400 for that mug, and I think they only stopped because the show needed to get to another commercial break. I would've wanted the mug myself since it's a little piece of the show's history and everything--I've always thought the little mugs with the co-hosts' drawings were a cute idea, I don't know why they don't still do that--but, jeez... Who would pay that much for a mug? You could probably find one on eBay for cheaper than that. Even Joy was dumbfounded. She made some joke about how rich the audience must be.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yes, she seemed very shocked! Normally, I don't really enjoy the birthday celebration episodes, but this one was surprisingly good. Thankfully they gave Joy all the airtime to talk about her trip to Spain,

I really liked it too! And I loved how Whoopi said that even though Joy doesn't like this or wanted them to do anything, she (Whoopi) didn't care. I really love their friendship. I would have liked to get the autographed Joy and Whoopi frowning dolls, though.

And that Sunny confused Gore with Quayle? Seriously?

Joy being there really brings in the energy.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Axie said:

Whoopi really didn’t have to call Biden a “pain in the butt” when introducing the President but whatever. 

I think that she was being facetious..

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I really liked it too! And I loved how Whoopi said that even though Joy doesn't like this or wanted them to do anything, she (Whoopi) didn't care. I really love their friendship. I would have liked to get the autographed Joy and Whoopi frowning dolls, though.

Whoopie has always said that Joy was her favorite ..

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Me too!  I'm thinking to myself, "Did John Lithgow just say Cock?!"🤫

Didn't he say cockerel?  (young rooster or little cock)  He's very clever😉

Edited by deirdra
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And that Sunny confused Gore with Quayle? Seriously?

Joy being there really brings in the energy.

I agree, Whoopi and Joy are real friends, they've always had each other's backs. It's sweet.

• Like 1
  • Love 6