Type keyword(s) to search

Trace and Lydia: Can She Become a Citizen Now?

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Haha, you ran with it! 🤣

Did you check the People article I linked on the other thread for pictures? I'm sure they'll add pictures as the Bateses make them available.

eta Here's the People article

It was too good to pass up! 

14 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Haha, you ran with it! 🤣

Did you check the People article I linked on the other thread for pictures? I'm sure they'll add pictures as the Bateses make them available.

eta Here's the People article

Why am I not surprised that the ferret's favorite meal is Bigot Bird chicken sandwiches? 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Her dress looks very pretty on her.  Would have liked to see her hair up but evidently the only one who considered that (and had the best wedding hair, IMO) was Tori.  

Trace appears to have a black wedding band.  I know black metal is trendy these days but I wonder if it is a silicone band?  Evan wears one I have noticed.  It is pretty common for men in the trades.

I was not familiar with the details of her family's situation.  It is interesting because they have been given indefinite deferred status, but that could change at any time.  But it means that Lydia is, for all intents and purposes, a "dreamer".  Gotta wonder if that has occurred to any of her in-laws.  Of course she is a white European who belongs to the correct church, so I'm sure they wouldn't group her with the other dreamers.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Lydia looks nice. Her dress and veil are pretty. Trace is much more appealing when he isn't facing the camera. 😜

They should both face away from the camera. Her dress looks cheap and ill-fitting from the front. 

7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Paging @Heathen to edit!

I don't think I can edit the title. I put her name first because aren't women's names supposed to be first? 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm not a fan of that style wedding dress.  They always look off to me.  Thankfully I don't have to wear it so I can hope the bride was happy with it. 

I wish the bottom had a little more structure. It was a tad too thin, IMO.

• Like 2

From the Bates family Facebook page:

Most beautiful, romantic, sweet wedding! So excited for y’all @tracewbates @lydiaromeikebates and a gigantic huge “Thank you” to everyone that stayed late, late, late hours for days preparing, setting up, cleaning up… HUGE shout out to our wedding coordinator, Kim Nafziger… you always amaze us! And just WOW to that gorgeous dress @reneesbridal_ !!  And the flowers by Renee Jackson @flourishflowersknox were stunning! And a heartfelt “Thanks” to @theeffortlessbeauty for all of the hair & makeup (y’all truly are the most professional & organized & on point team I know!) The photographer @simoestey and videographers, Lauren Collins and Matthew Hightower, nailed it! Thank you to our wonderful friend & caterer, Chris Creech with @smokeonthemountaincatering! Thank you to my sweet sister, Kay Hamilton, for making the most gorgeous wedding cake. And to our friend Tiffany Stahlman for such delicious cupcakes! And to our friends at The Vol Market for the best tea in town! And I have to say a special thanks to Rebecca Hill for letting us use the most beautiful venue! It was everything Lydia dreamed of! Thank you to Jefferson City Christian Church for letting us use your building as a back up reception option when bad weather showed up! Thank you to @josie_balka @chloengraham @wardenjbates @jaseduggar and many volunteers  for transforming the last minute reception site into the most magical place ever! There’s no way to thank everyone that belied out, but you certainly blessed us all! 

• Love 1

What's with the stripe down the side of Gil the Grifter's pants? I've only ever seen that on military uniforms or sweatpants, neither of which he's wearing. 

Gil and Kelly always look like stuffed sausages. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Ellie's dress looks different than Addie's and Josie's. And where is Layla in the family pic? Taking a nap, no doubt.

The consensus on Reddit is that Brandon is holding Layla. 
It looks to me like Gil is wearing tuxedo pants.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

She’s probably spanxed all up, but I think Kelly looks good here. I like her dress. 

She does.  Her dress does remind me of the Tin Man dress, just in black and in a softer fabric

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Kelly's dress isn't too bad.  If she insists on wearing ruffles, that is the best way to do it,  

I see Trace has grown his proud boy beard.  Not sure what the sudden fashion among these conservatives for beards is all about.  Back in the day, Gothard was anti facial hair.  He actually told one guy he couldn't join ATI until he shaved off his mustache,

• Like 4
19 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

The consensus on Reddit is that Brandon is holding Layla. 
It looks to me like Gil is wearing tuxedo pants.

I don’t see Tori’s 3 oldest. Jackson’s girl is there so they must be as good as  engaged. I’m surprised that Erin’s kids are scattered through the pic and not gathered with her & Chad. 

4 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I don’t see Tori’s 3 oldest. Jackson’s girl is there so they must be as good as  engaged. I’m surprised that Erin’s kids are scattered through the pic and not gathered with her & Chad. 

Lawson showed Tori walking into the wedding venue. It seems they left the oldest 3 at home.

1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Now that I have seen the picture of Gil's surgically repaired hand, I find it interesting that he hid it in this pic.

I wonder if he's wearing a sling. He's holding his jacket in this pic too.

image.png.f0f9ac8ed906c8fe60d6d16fd99605bf.png

11 minutes ago, Heathen said:

What did Grifter Gil have done to his hand, and did he pay for it or grift it? 

Apparently, he shot an arrow through his hand.

Josie posted a ton of pictures in her stories. Lydia wore gladiator flats. Poor girl will never get to wear heels again. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
23 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Why? Was Chad not with her? Can these two not take care of five kids themselfs? They better not have anymore then. 

In their defense, Erin, Bobby and Tori performed in the ceremony. The usual child-wranglers (Addie and Ellie) were bridesmaids and I'm assuming Michael had Cambree. Carson and Brooklyn are old enough to sit still, but Chad would've had to occupy the younger three. Maybe they tend to be fussy and restless, and they figured it wasn't worth the headache. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Apparently, he shot an arrow through his hand.

Josie posted a ton of pictures in her stories. Lydia wore gladiator flats. Poor girl will never get to wear heels again. 

Ouch.  it's been a long time since I did archery.  How do you shoot an arrow through your own hand?

1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I imagine someone else shot the arrow. I worded my post poorly. My bad! 

OK that makes more sense, though I wouldn't put something like that past these fools.  Either way, safety first when playing with pointy objects.

• Like 3

I read somewhere that the arrow broke as he was loading it and went into his hand. He had surgery on it I believe.

As far as not bringing the little ones to a cold, outdoor wedding, as the bride I would greatly appreciate their thoughtfulness.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I read somewhere that the arrow broke as he was loading it and went into his hand. He had surgery on it I believe.

As far as not bringing the little ones to a cold, outdoor wedding, as the bride I would greatly appreciate their thoughtfulness.

Oh, that's new information for me! So he DID sort of shoot himself. 

• Useful 2

Doesn't Kelly's dress look just like that tin monstrosity she and Michelle wore to various weddings a few years ago, only in black and chiffon? In fact, if you look closely, it looks like it may have been layered over with chiffon and have had sleeves added. 

Of course, you'd ask why anyone would go to such lengths with such an ugly dress to begin with when you could just buy a new one with less effort, but maybe she really likes the style?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1