Type keyword(s) to search

Trace and Lydia: Can She Become a Citizen Now?

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Apparently, in this last video, Lydia actually complained that Ryker is getting more difficult to take from place to place. How on earth would she deal with a toddler and an infant?

If everyone's conception was logical there would be a lot fewer people on the planet.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Is Ryker crawling already?  Or is he fussy? Because my husband worked long hours, my kids went everywhere with me. I saved babysitters for nights out and places that weren't appropriate for babies to go.

The worst part for me was strapping them in and out of their carseats. Well that and managing them in grimy public bathroom stalls when I had to pee.

Maybe Lydia should be a one and done.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Ryker crawling already?  Or is he fussy? Because my husband worked long hours, my kids went everywhere with me. I saved babysitters for nights out and places that weren't appropriate for babies to go.

The worst part for me was strapping them in and out of their carseats. Well that and managing them in grimy public bathroom stalls when I had to pee.

Maybe Lydia should be a one and done.

Right?? Because her husband definitely doesn’t work long hours, lol. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

Perhaps @Notabug could give us her professional insight but I do wonder if getting pregnant again less than 6 months after giving birth opens you up to a greater risk of miscarriage? 
Pretty sure I read that it takes at least 18 months to fully recover from giving birth.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Perhaps @Notabug could give us her professional insight but I do wonder if getting pregnant again less than 6 months after giving birth opens you up to a greater risk of miscarriage? 
Pretty sure I read that it takes at least 18 months to fully recover from giving birth.

It is generally recommended that there should be at least 9 months between the end of one pregnancy and conception of the next.  Shorter intervals between pregnancies does increase the risk of miscarriage as well as preterm labor and birth, fetal growth restriction, and infant mortality.  

If Lydia finds it difficult to get out of the house with a 5 month old, wait until she tries to wrangle a 5 month old and an active toddler into the car.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

I'm sorry she miscarried but is it me or what? I have noticed that there is a large number of Duggar women and Bates women who have experienced early miscarriages. Why is this? I don't think most of them use hormonal birth control so this blows Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's excuse of this causing miscarriage. I am including the daughters-in-law in my post who have experienced this. As notabug posted, it is not recommended to conceive so quickly after giving birth a few months prior. My opinion is that most of these couples just don't know what they are doing as far as fertile weeks in the month as they all seem to be "surprised" when a conception is noted on the pee pee stick.

• Like 2

Back in the day, pregnancy tests were not sophisticated enough to pick up a pregnancy early on. IIRC, we needed to miss two periods before we could test. I'm going to guess a fair amount of those second periods were actually unknown miscarriages. Also, women didn't always share when they miscarried, and we had no SM.

So I think its a combo of early pregnancy detection, more women not only sharing they miscarried, but sharing to the masses on SM that makes it seem Fundies miscarry more often. And the fact they welcome close together births, so as @Notabug, they do slightly increase the odds of miscarrying.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I'm sorry she miscarried but is it me or what? I have noticed that there is a large number of Duggar women and Bates women who have experienced early miscarriages. Why is this? I don't think most of them use hormonal birth control so this blows Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's excuse of this causing miscarriage. I am including the daughters-in-law in my post who have experienced this. As notabug posted, it is not recommended to conceive so quickly after giving birth a few months prior. My opinion is that most of these couples just don't know what they are doing as far as fertile weeks in the month as they all seem to be "surprised" when a conception is noted on the pee pee stick.

I don't know. It could be the number of Duggars (girls and boys) and their numerous pregnancies that make it seem like an unusually high number of miscarriages. There were 4 girls in my family of 7 kids. All four girls had 3 pregnancies. Unfortunately, two of my sisters had full term stillbirths (different causes). People found it important to comment to us how odd that was. Mom attributed it to the number of daughters and pregnancies. I tend to think Mom was right. Also, we didn't need to be told that these were unusual and unfortunate outcomes as we were sadly aware. My MIL actually told me that my sister was fortunate that her baby died at birth, rather than at age 5 when you "really love them". I'm not criticizing your post, @floridamom - I'm talking about in real life comments!

• Sad 4
  • Useful 1