Type keyword(s) to search

Trace and Lydia: Can She Become a Citizen Now?

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Hell, even Lydia's so-called BFF Josie didn't post the petition until the eleventh hour. Josie will forget about her in the time it takes to order her next Matcha Latte. 

Yep Josie and Kelton are in Spain celebrating their 5 year anniversary as we speak. It will be out of sight out of mind

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@Salacious Kitty- not only should it have occurred to the FIL that they only had until 2023, I GUARANTEE that this fact was not hidden from him. I guarantee it was said by a judge when the deferred action was granted, is in the deferred action order handed to him, was discussed with him by his lawyer after the deferred action hearing, and/or comes up in their yearly Homeland Security check-in meeting esp in recent years as 2023 approached.

I assume they took the fundie approach to hearing this - lalala it's not in an immigration officer's hands, it's in God's hands, we're favored and chosen, WE won't be deported.

This problem actually wouldn't have been that hard to remedy if they hadn't sat on their hands for a decade and a half.

-Upon popping out the 2nd American kid, MIL/FIL should have applied for continuation of deferred status until 2031 - to ensure they wouldn't be kicked out with minor children still needing homeschool. Of course they would've had to unbury their heads from the sand to do that + I bet they had some delusional thinking of - don't REMIND the government we're out in 2023. Lol as if the gov't doesn't know. But if they had asked for this relief in 2013 when the kid was born and they had 10 years of deferred action left, they would very likely have gotten it - it's hugely responsible to come to the gov't honestly and 10 years in advance of an event.

-The German born kids are currently: 26, 25, 23, 21, and 18.

-For the ones ages 23-26 now, they had options bc they've 5-8 years after their own 18th birthday for their brother to turn 18. FIL should have been drilling it into their heads that they had 5 years to get legal. Easiest way to do that in the US - join the military OR get into an industry with a shortage where you can get a job with an H1B. Had these morons ever picked up a newspaper, they would have realized that tech was THE H1B industry from 2001-2022. Granted these morons couldn't work for Apple but tech had massive shortages at every level, to the point that you didn't even need college degrees. As part of homeschooling FIL couldn't mandate that the 3 oldest HAD to get certifications in JAVA/other programming languages and be pounding the pavement for a job at 18??

If you get in with a company that hires H1Bs, you can have a green card in 3-5 years. But perish the thought, very likely the job would be lower paid [companies underpay bc they know your motive is a green card] and could have been located in Portland Oregon or Miami or someplace, could've involved a female boss, at a company regularly holding happy hours. 

-For the current 18 and 21 year olds, granted fewer options bc they didn't have 3-5 years for an H1B visa and green card, so join the military. As much as fundies look down on non white immigrant populations, they do this successfully often. Seriously - all you need to do is serve honorably for ONE YEAR and you can get a green card and most of the hurdles that are difficult to overcome otherwise - like illegal overstay etc. - are overlooked. Granted it's probably like a 4 year contract overall in the military but really what else are they doing.

But perish the thought - the military has guys who aren't Christian, female commanders, guys who've impregnated their girlfriends, people drink etc.

A lot of this "emergency" is of their own making bc they decided to pray it away.

Notice how almost ALL the Bates are ignoring this besides Kelly?? Michael made one nice post re praying for Trace/Lydia and linking the petition. But otherwise even bestie Josie who watched Lydia push like 2 weeks ago hasn't said A WORD - she linked the petition one time with a heart but not one word otherwise. I'm sure Josie is like ok off this bandwagon, gotta find a new bestie when I get back from Spain - I assume it'll be the barber's wife. And as much as Trace always went on about being bros with Law and Nathan - not a word from them; sure Nathan is quiet on social media but Law isn't quiet anywhere!?

Edited by cereality
  • Like 11

The Romeikes wouldn't join the military because they might have had to take orders from heathens, or women, or just people who didn't like them. (Insert exclamation points here.) And that's assuming the military would take morons with "homeschooling" diplomas anyway. They'd still have to pass the ASVAB, and I don't have any confidence that fundies could manage that.

(Also assuming they could join at all -- as an epileptic, I couldn't, and there are a lot of other medical conditions that keep people from enlisting. But that is a different topic.) 

Trace is a peckerwood loser who only gets attention because his culty parents whored out their family for money. I really doubt that he and Lydia hired an actual immigration lawyer after they were married. For one, that costs money. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Someone on Reddit has said the Romeikes own several homes, but I don’t have the detective skills to confirm. If so, interesting. . . 

Here or in Germany? If in the US, I'd sure like to know how a piano tuner/teacher with seven kids managed to buy a home. Donations? 

Since I'm extra-cynical today, I suspect the "Romeikes own several homes" like Carlin "works hard at her business." 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Here or in Germany? If in the US, I'd sure like to know how a piano tuner/teacher with seven kids managed to buy a home. Donations? 

Since I'm extra-cynical today, I suspect the "Romeikes own several homes" like Carlin "works hard at her business." 

I saw something that said Uwe made serious bank in Germany. Perhaps he used that to buy property? And sold their house in Germany? I could see them owning at least their primary residence. More is a bit of a stretch.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

In the US. It definitely seems unlikely and highly suspect if true. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Can a person who is undocumented purchase property? Well I suppose if its cash, but what bank would give a mortgage to someone who could be deported?

I was thinking that if he made so much money in Germany that he could have bought a house outright. 

• Like 1

You don't have to be a citizen to buy property in the US.  However,  you cannot get a mortgage unless you are here legally.   If they somehow got together enough to buy a house outright without financing, the Romeikes could own a home in the US.

• Like 5

I'd like to find out how he made so much in Germany, if in fact he did. Did he do something in Germany besides tune pianos, teach piano, and play the piano in church? In other words, is he another fundie who had a good career but decided it wasn't acceptable to work around worldly people? 

I looked up Hamblen County, Tennessee property ownership records. To my great surprise, Uwe and Hannelore are listed as the owners of three properties. Their home of record is a single-family, 3/2 home. (Zillow has it as a 4/2 home with 4+ acres.) That home sold in 2010, and the others in 2011 and 2021. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3

Oh, good. That means they should have plenty of money to settle back in Germany! 😜

It seems like a lot of Fundie men had real education and careers before drinking the Kool-Aid. Gil, college educated, worked at Nabisco. Dr. Paine, an M.D. (his wife also has a BSN). Kelton's dad went to Baylor and worked in IT before God laid it on his wife's heart that he should quit and be self-employed, and IIRC, Steve Maxwell worked for Boeing. 

Unless Uwe has family money, there must've been another job besides piano tuner. He might be watering down his resume to claim he can't find adequate employment if he's deported. 

• Like 7
12 hours ago, Heathen said:

I looked up Hamblen County, Tennessee property ownership records. To my great surprise, Uwe and Hannelore are listed as the owners of three properties. Their home of record is a single-family, 3/2 home. (Zillow has it as a 4/2 home with 4+ acres.) That home sold in 2010, and the others in 2011 and 2021. 

Are any of them listed for sale?

45 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I don't think so. 

Well of course not.  Jesus still has a week or two to save them from forced deportation.  To put their homes on the market would demonstrate a lack of faith on their part.

• LOL 9

When they go before the immigartion officials do they just give them orders to leave immediatley or do they give them a couple of weeks to get their affairs in order?  I can't imagine having to do this. But they have known for awhile that this day was coming.

27 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

When they go before the immigartion officials do they just give them orders to leave immediatley or do they give them a couple of weeks to get their affairs in order?  I can't imagine having to do this. But they have known for awhile that this day was coming.

I believe that what they have currently is a deadline to self-deport.  That means they can leave the US anytime before that date without being legally deported.  They were given a 30 day notice to prepare themselves and leave; although they've actually known for about a decade that they were not going to be given status for their claims of religious persecution.  However, as I understand it, ICE has a huge number of people who've come to the deadline without leaving and need to be deported forcibly.  

So, even though their date is fast approaching, probably nothing will happen to them on the actual day.  However, at some point in the upcoming months, it will be their turn and ICE will come knocking on their door and they will be detained by officers until they can be placed on a plane out of the country by officials.  It is my understanding that they will receive no notice prior to being detained and deported.  If their plan is to wait for the government to forcibly remove them from the country, then, no, they will be getting no warning and there will be no extra time granted for them to get their act together.  Just like anyone else who fails to obey the law and tries to evade the consequences.  The Romeikes have had a decade to get their affairs in order and leave voluntarily.  It is far too late for them to claim they didn't know they had to go.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 8
  • Useful 4
3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

In light of current events, perhaps we should change the name of this thread to Trace and Lydia: Can He Save Her From Deportation?

I'm only half serious. 

Haha, I made up the thread title before her immigration status was known. Who knew? 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
On 10/2/2023 at 9:51 AM, Heathen said:

The Romeikes wouldn't join the military because they might have had to take orders from heathens, or women, or just people who didn't like them. (Insert exclamation points here.) And that's assuming the military would take morons with "homeschooling" diplomas anyway. They'd still have to pass the ASVAB, and I don't have any confidence that fundies could manage that.

(Also assuming they could join at all -- as an epileptic, I couldn't, and there are a lot of other medical conditions that keep people from enlisting. But that is a different topic.) 

Trace is a peckerwood loser who only gets attention because his culty parents whored out their family for money. I really doubt that he and Lydia hired an actual immigration lawyer after they were married. For one, that costs money. 

HILARIOUS!  I finally heard that peckerwood speak.  Besides sounding to be well below average intelligence. his balls haven't dropped.  

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

HILARIOUS!  I finally heard that peckerwood speak.  Besides sounding to be well below average intelligence. his balls haven't dropped.  

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

From Reddit:

“The Wealth of the Family Romeike

{Hello all.  You may have read this or remember reading this before.  

Last week I wrote a similar post, but I included addresses and photographs, which violated the channels rules, so it was removed. 

Today, I used that info without the receipts and was encouraged to share to the larger group}.

I know people are talking about employment options back in Germany. 

Has anyone heard Uwe (father) Romeike talk about the substantial real estate he owns here in the US?    He and wife are owners to 3 homes. (They could own more - I only looked at the county in which they live and found 3 properties) 

Their primary residence sits on 11+ acres near a lovely lake with other higher end homes — it was purchased in 2010 (just 18 months after arrival) for I believe $150K and today us valued at $400K. 

He and wife also own 2 duplex homes that appear to be rental income properties. One was purchased in 2011 and the other in 2021. Combined value of the 2 duplexes is $350K.

This family has means.  They can sell some or all of the real estate property. Or, they can keep it and use it as a form of income as rental property. 

They did not pay for legal representation— their entire legal defense since 2008 has been bought and paid for by the HSLDA.”

https://reddit.com/r/BringingUpBates/s/oAsfpL0ZT0

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Very disappointed.  

Yes. The Romeikes don't deserve it and are not entitled to it. What's good for one is good for another. If you're going to deport people who are legally and morally entitled to asylum, you should definitely deport these attention-whoring phonies. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Like 5
  • Applause 5

People are leaving their home countries seeking asylum because their home countries are being run by dictators.  Germany in 2023 is not a dictatorship.  They need to be sent back on the first plane to Germany. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

I live nowhere near the Bates/Romeikes, but my local news affiliate apparently saw fit to share this on their FB page, so it hit my news feed:

https://wwmt.com/news/nation-world/tennessee-family-which-fled-germany-over-homeschooling-granted-temporary-deportation-reprieve-home-school-legal-defense-association-immigration-customs-enforcement-ice-nashville-knoxville-christian-values-obama-biden

tl;dr their ICE officer is indicating they will get a 1-year extension.

• Mind Blown 4
11 hours ago, JessDVD said:

I live nowhere near the Bates/Romeikes, but my local news affiliate apparently saw fit to share this on their FB page, so it hit my news feed:

https://wwmt.com/news/nation-world/tennessee-family-which-fled-germany-over-homeschooling-granted-temporary-deportation-reprieve-home-school-legal-defense-association-immigration-customs-enforcement-ice-nashville-knoxville-christian-values-obama-biden

Oh, come on ICE. Throw them out.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
11 hours ago, JessDVD said:

That article is nauseating. "The family quickly planted roots and some of the children have even started families of their own with U.S. citizens." So do plenty of brown people the Bateses and Romeikes are so eager to get rid of. WTF makes German "asylum seekers" so damn special? 

• Like 9
  • Applause 9

In this week's YT vid, Trace repeately tells the camera they're going to the Smoky Mountains to see the fall "fallage".  Or, as the rest of the world says,  fall "foliage." 

No idea why I keep watching their videos, and all I have to say about this one is, "bless his heart."

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • LOL 14
50 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

In this week's YT vid, Trace repeately tells the camera they're going to the Smoky Mountains to see the fall "fallage".  Or, as the rest of the world says,  fall "foliage." 

No idea why I keep watching their videos, and all I have to say about this one is, "bless his heart."

God bless Lydia. I think I'd rather be deported than do life with that rube. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 12

These two also dropped a video of them decorating their house for Christmas. It was a sweet little one. Something I have noticed is: What is their obsession with the color white? Everything in that house is white even their Christmas tree decorations, tree skirt, wreath on the door and even their stockings hung were white! You need sunglasses when you walk in there. If I were Trace, I would not have advertised that they would not be home over Thanksgiving. Just not a smart thing to do.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

These two also dropped a video of them decorating their house for Christmas. It was a sweet little one. Something I have noticed is: What is their obsession with the color white? Everything in that house is white even their Christmas tree decorations, tree skirt, wreath on the door and even their stockings hung were white! You need sunglasses when you walk in there. If I were Trace, I would not have advertised that they would not be home over Thanksgiving. Just not a smart thing to do.

Trace and intelligence are like Clark Kent and Superman. Never seen in the same place at the same time. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 13

I was surprised to hear him say that the Christmas tree that he was putting up was the 2nd one he had ever done in his life. So sad, really, that the Bates parents, like the Duggars, did not allow a Christmas tree in the house and said that it was not Godly and a pagan thing to have. What a poor/negative view to have IMO.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I was surprised to hear him say that the Christmas tree that he was putting up was the 2nd one he had ever done in his life. So sad, really, that the Bates parents, like the Duggars, did not allow a Christmas tree in the house and said that it was not Godly and a pagan thing to have. What a poor/negative view to have IMO.

I guess it's possible the Bateses put up a tree, but Trace had nothing to do with it. IOW, he's only out up a tree the past two holidays that he's been married.

• Like 5

Apparently, Lydia had a miscarriage recently. Her due date would have been right after Jail Vacation's first birthday. Hmm -- no jobs, uncertain future, deportation coming, newborn baby = perfect time to get pregnant again! 

Idiots. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

I agree that this would not be the time to have another baby. Lydia's immigration status is still undetermined. What idiots to not use any birth control. We know that many of his siblings utilize this option and they are not ostracized from their families. These two idiots need to use their heads. Lydia said in the I Love You Day video with the baby getting older, it's now a bit harder to "drag him around" (my words) to family functions, etc. What is she going to do with TWO small children in tow so close in age? No common sense here, folks.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

Man everyone is stealing Josie's thunder this week. She pushes out her first boy, was trying to be coy re knowing boy/girl, is still trying to make the name some great reveal. Next day Katie announces they're moving to Tenn + day after that Lydia and her miscarriage. Josie must be PISSED. By the time she gets around to announcing a name or getting this kid home after his days of blue light treatment, no one is gonna care -- pretty sure they already don't.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
40 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I agree that this would not be the time to have another baby. Lydia's immigration status is still undetermined. What idiots to not use any birth control. We know that many of his siblings utilize this option and they are not ostracized from their families. These two idiots need to use their heads. Lydia said in the I Love You Day video with the baby getting older, it's now a bit harder to "drag him around" (my words) to family functions, etc. What is she going to do with TWO small children in tow so close in age? No common sense here, folks.

There could be a (subconscious?) feeling that the marriage is not going to last, especially if she is deported, and a desire to give Ryker a sibling that motivated them to get pregnant again.

• Useful 3
3 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

There could be a (subconscious?) feeling that the marriage is not going to last, especially if she is deported, and a desire to give Ryker a sibling that motivated them to get pregnant again.

Apparently, in this last video, Lydia actually complained that Ryker is getting more difficult to take from place to place. How on earth would she deal with a toddler and an infant?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1