Type keyword(s) to search

Trace and Lydia: Can She Become a Citizen Now?

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

Because she is married to an American citizen and the child is an American citizen. Should she have never had a child with her husband?

She did it knowing she had in the country illegally for almost 15 years. She didn’t know there would be consequences?

ETA - in July 2019, ICE told them (including Lydia) that they had 12 months to leave the country. She was aware of that before getting married. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 5
  • Applause 12

It seems to me the Romeikes have got themselves into a pickle by the decisions they made. It must be a sucky and frustrating situation to be in, but again they had other options.

IMO, the messed up US immigration system is partially to blame.

• Like 4

And btw, politics discussion isn’t allowed here, but if anyone is familiar with what Lydia’s mother has said publicly and on SM, she’s quite the extremist and absolutely doesn’t support other families with “anchor babies.” Do some research and it’s easy to find . She thinks THEY should be given special consideration and privileges. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
3 minutes ago, AstridM said:

And btw, politics discussion isn’t allowed here, but if anyone is familiar with what Lydia’s mother has said publicly and on SM, she’s quite the extremist and absolutely doesn’t support other families with “anchor babies.” Do some research and it’s easy to find . She thinks THEY should be given special consideration and privileges. 

Even if that is so that is the mother, not necessarily her daughter or son-in-law's beliefs. 

1 hour ago, I8A 4RE said:

So what if Trace did decide to go to Germany if Lydia is deported and they have other babies while there? Because we know they aren't going to put the brakes on the Baby Train. Wouldn't those babies be German citizens and then the same issue starts all over again? 

As long as Trace retains US citizenship, any child he has is eligible for US citizenship, too.  After the baby is born, there is a period of time during which the parent who is a US citizen can apply at the nearest US consulate for citizenship for the child.  There's some paperwork to do, but it happens a lot.

Back in the day, when people used to adopt kids from foreign countries like Viet Nam, this is what happened and why at least one of the parents usually went to get the child and stayed for several weeks.  They get the baby from the orphanage, the paperwork for the adoption is submitted through the local courts.  Once the adoption is finalized, the adoptive parent applies to the local US consulate for a passport for the baby.  It takes a few weeks to process, during which the parent stays with the baby in that country.  Eventually, the US passport comes through and they all go home.

I have some friends who adopted from Viet Nam.  During the month or so they were there waiting for the adoption to clear and the passport to be issued; they actually stayed at beautiful beach resorts which catered to foreigners awaiting adoption of Vietnamese kids.  They all raved about how nice it was.

• Like 7

The Romeikes could have simply moved to one of the many EU countries that DO allow homeschooling. Legally and easily. Austria was just over the border. They could do this now - they’re in no “danger” by returning to Germany. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, I8A 4RE said:

So what if Trace did decide to go to Germany if Lydia is deported and they have other babies while there? Because we know they aren't going to put the brakes on the Baby Train. Wouldn't those babies be German citizens and then the same issue starts all over again? 

They'd have dual citizenship as the child of a US citizen. I have cousins who were born overseas (one in Germany -- his mom was in the Air Force), and they were all US citizens at birth. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

Perhaps a compromise whereby Lydia, the baby and the American born children would be allowed to stay. How old are the youngest children? 

1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Anchor babies are born to undocumented mothers, period. Even you just suggested that the rest of her family be deported, but Lydia be allowed to stay, even though her status remains illegal. Why? Because she had an “anchor baby”. 

Thankfully, we are still a nation committed to the rule of law.  And as such, the outcome of Lydia's immigration matter will not be determined by compromise, public opinion, or emotion, but by applicable federal statues, executive orders, etc. Same as for every other immigrant.  Period.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

They'd have dual citizenship as the child of a US citizen. I have cousins who were born overseas (one in Germany -- his mom was in the Air Force), and they were all US citizens at birth. 

Kids who are born on US military bases overseas are in a special category and are citizens from birth. That's because military bases are considered US soil, even if not in the US.  For all intents and purposes, babies born in military hospitals are born in the USA, no matter where the base is located.

Non-military residents overseas who do not give birth in military medical facilities, have to apply for citizenship for their kids.  As long as a parent is a US citizen in good standing, it is pretty much a formality, but it is not automatic.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
  • Useful 5
2 minutes ago, lianau said:

Baby Ryker and Lydia's American born siblings are German citizens because they were born to German citizens. They just need to get registered.

The senior Romiekes needed to report their children before their first birthday to gain German citizenship. They were in the throes of their asylum journey then. I doubt they applied. 

Trace and Lydia would be fools not to sign Ryker up. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

While I don't like the term anchor baby, Ryker fits the definition - " a child born to a noncitizen mother in a country which has birthright citizenship, especially when viewed as providing an advantage to family members seeking to secure citizenship or legal residency." Trace point blank said they were trying to dissuade officials from deportation by pointing out her pregnancy and the impending birth. Again, that is thumbing their nose at those truly in need. 

Clapping Applause GIF

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The senior Romiekes needed to report their children before their first birthday to gain German citizenship. They were in the throes of their asylum journey then. I doubt they applied. 

Trace and Lydia would be fools not to sign Ryker up. 

No , this one year rule is for the children of German citizen born abroad after 2000 . So the American born kids would need to register their future kids within a year of their births.

Google says...

A child born to an American parent and a German parent acquires both American and German citizenship at birth, regardless of place of birth. Neither country requires a person born under these circumstances to choose between American and German citizenship. They may keep both for life.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Google says...

A child born to an American parent and a German parent acquires both American and German citizenship at birth, regardless of place of birth. Neither country requires a person born under these circumstances to choose between American and German citizenship. They may keep both for life.

I believe there are some qualifications, though, at least on the American side.  If the child was born outside the US but will return to reside here, citizenship is automatic although it is still recommended that the citizen parent report the birth to the nearest US embassy or consulate.

If the child is born to a US citizen and will continue to live abroad, the process is different.

The whole thing is kinda complicated though.

Here's what the INS says

1. Trace and Lydia have a link to a petition on their Instagram accounts. The petition states that the Romiekes  were told this month that they are being deported and they have 1 month to get their German passports. SoI guess that it's pretty much a done deal?
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, 65mickey said:
  1. Trace and Lydia have a link to a petition on their Instagram accounts. The petition states that the Romiekes  were told this month that they are being deported and they have 1 month to get their German passports. SoI guess that it's pretty much a done deal?

I guess they're hoping to get this in front if a judge. I don't know how successful they will be. But I can assume they won't attempt to get passports.

• Like 4

I feel sorry for any Romeikes who don't remember life in Germany. I'm sure it will be scary for them, although not as much as for others since I doubt Uwe and Hannelore will allow their kids to go to school anyway. 

• Like 2

I rolled my eyes at Ferret Face's statement that he's trying to keep his newborn son (and his mother and her family) from being deported. Your son is a birthright citizen, you bonehead. He can't be deported. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I rolled my eyes at Ferret Face's statement that he's trying to keep his newborn son (and his mother and her family) from being deported. Your son is a birthright citizen, you bonehead. He can't be deported. 

The comments from the attorney are killing me. He's claiming they are here with the "permission of the US government." Call me crazy, but logic says if they were, they would have green cards or citizenship by now. They were here despite objections.

4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kelly Jo is trying to say they're here legally. Nice try but not true. 

I'm rolling my eyes at all of it. They were legal for a total of 90 days when they first arrived. Since then they are undocumented and in much the same circumstances legally as any other undocumented person. The difference is that the country they are "fleeing" simply wanted to educate their children. 

34 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I guess they're hoping to get this in front if a judge. I don't know how successful they will be. But I can assume they won't attempt to get passports.

If that is their plan, they are dumber than I thought. A judge in a deportation hearing isn't there to base a decision on the merits of their asylum claim. That train has left the station. The judge is deciding things like when they will be deported and if they are a risk and should be remanded to custody.The judge will be deciding if they should be and for how long they should be banned from entering the country. 

I get that Lydia is in a predicament. However, she has had ample time and opportunity to clear this up. She could have gone back to Germany after she turned 18 or even after she became engaged to Trace. She could have applied and had Trace sponsor her. The 24ish months it takes to process is a long time, but she wouldn't be worrying about it now. Mr. and Mrs. Romeike could have taken the children at different times and applied for citizenship. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

If they don’t, they might be forcibly deported.

1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I feel sorry for any Romeikes who don't remember life in Germany. I'm sure it will be scary for them, although not as much as for others since I doubt Uwe and Hannelore will allow their kids to go to school anyway. 

I don’t. The kids will all be better off in the long run in a country with excellent universal healthcare, excellent education, including free universities, no gun violence, and safer communities overall. Of course it will take them a while to adapt though. 

• Like 6

This traitorous M Effer has a lot of nerve. 

IMG_8765.png

1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I figured they'd be sent to jail. 

That would cost this country even more money. They can just remove them.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
50 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

I'm rolling my eyes at all of it. They were legal for a total of 90 days when they first arrived. Since then they are undocumented and in much the same circumstances legally as any other undocumented person.

This is the truth right here. 

Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Kelly's post was even worse.

She is one dumb bitch. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

GoFundMe for attorney's fees coming in 3, 2, 1.....

The petition reminds me of a Dateline episode I watched where a high school jock was arrested for murdering his father. His classmates rallied around him, signed petitions and protested at the courthouse. When interviewed, the D.A. rolled her eyes and said she prosecutes or dismisses based on evidence, not who's voted Most Popular in the senior yearbook. I imagine immigration judges operate in a similar fashion. 

It's all a bit confusing, but based on what I'm reading here, the Romeikes have been ordered to leave and they're doing a big publicity blitz hoping someone in the government can get the decision reversed? Is that even possible? 

• Like 10
46 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

GoFundMe for attorney's fees coming in 3, 2, 1.....

The petition reminds me of a Dateline episode I watched where a high school jock was arrested for murdering his father. His classmates rallied around him, signed petitions and protested at the courthouse. When interviewed, the D.A. rolled her eyes and said she prosecutes or dismisses based on evidence, not who's voted Most Popular in the senior yearbook. I imagine immigration judges operate in a similar fashion. 

It's all a bit confusing, but based on what I'm reading here, the Romeikes have been ordered to leave and they're doing a big publicity blitz hoping someone in the government can get the decision reversed? Is that even possible? 

So legislative officials could step in here. But that is rare. If they do, they would face such calls daily. 

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I figured they'd be sent to jail. 

Court for them is regarding how to deport if they don't or can't self deport. Meanwhile hundreds of Latino and Hispanic children are detained without lawyers to put them on tv. 

Jail isn't the usual answer to over staying a visa. The only real reason at this time to jail them is to detain them from potentially running or evading authorities. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

If they don’t, they might be forcibly deported.

I don’t. The kids will all be better off in the long run in a country with excellent universal healthcare, excellent education, including free universities, no gun violence, and safer communities overall. Of course it will take them a while to adapt though. 

I feel sorry for them only because it will be frightening and unsettling for kids who don't remember Germany or have never been there. These people are brainwashed, and sheltered to an unnatural extent. They probably think that Germany is full of baby-eating sinners who are just waiting to turn them into atheists. 

I really wouldn't be surprised if they sought sanctuary at a bible-beating church pastored by some of their friends -- Gil's or David Waller's churches, or whatever den of sanctimony the Romeikes attend. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

So legislative officials could step in here. But that is rare. If they do, they would face such calls daily. 

Court for them is regarding how to deport if they don't or can't self deport. Meanwhile hundreds of Latino and Hispanic children are detained without lawyers to put them on tv. 

Jail isn't the usual answer to over staying a visa. The only real reason at this time to jail them is to detain them from potentially running or evading authorities. 

LOL they won’t be able to evade authorities here because the Bates are all so invested in exploiting their kids for millions of strangers on SM. They couldn’t stop it if they tried .

Oh my fucking god it just gets more and more ridiculous. Someone needs to start a petition to remove them sooner than later. 

IMG_8769.jpeg

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“Homeschool Refugees” for goodness sake.

The Romeikes came to America where they would have the freedom to make their children uneducated, which is apparently their American dream! (Note: I'm not talking about ALL homeschooling, just the IBLP fundie flavor of homeschooling)

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1

So long farewell, auf wiedersehen, good bye.
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye.

I agree the Romeikes should follow the law and self deport, but similar to @Heathen I feel sorry for the kids. This is just another example of Fundy parenting gone wrong and there's 8 kids/kidults who are suffering the consequences. I get that some of the older kids had time to figure this out, but who knows what they've been told and by whom.

30 days is going to come fast and furious. MediCorp is likely planning to offer help to Canada for their wildfires as we type. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

Ryker could stay with Trace but then Trace would have to do some parenting and well that's against his fundie male believes. In the same way the Romeikes could have some fundie friends take over guardianship for their two American kids but I assume they don't want to leave their children behind . Thing is the moment their minor children touch down in Germany the whole school thing starts again because American children or not, they have to go to school. 

• Like 8
20 minutes ago, lianau said:

Ryker could stay with Trace but then Trace would have to do some parenting and well that's against his fundie male believes. In the same way the Romeikes could have some fundie friends take over guardianship for their two American kids but I assume they don't want to leave their children behind . Thing is the moment their minor children touch down in Germany the whole school thing starts again because American children or not, they have to go to school. 

I was thinking the same thing. Trace keeps Ryker and takes custody of the two younger girls. Addee and Ellie can rotate helping to care for them. Of course Trace would need to move.

Or maybe the looking-for-content Stewarts can take the four in. Imagine the click$ they would get.

• Sad 2
  • LOL 7
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Or maybe the looking-for-content Stewarts can take the four in. Imagine the click$ they would get.

Then the Romeikes could rest assured that their precious blessings would be assured of not getting an education under "care" of the Stewarts!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4

The dad and 3 sons can pose as JD, Lawson, Nathan and another Bates son. The mom and the 2 older girls can pose as Jana, Abbie and Laura. Canada better check they borders if MediCorp comes a calling. 🤠😎🧔🏽🧕🏽🛩️🚁🪂🪂

image.png.0e45193e670609ba9f6a3bc5c5d64300.png

• LOL 4
14 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

The comments from the attorney are killing me. He's claiming they are here with the "permission of the US government." Call me crazy, but logic says if they were, they would have green cards or citizenship by now. They were here despite objections.

I'm rolling my eyes at all of it. They were legal for a total of 90 days when they first arrived. Since then they are undocumented and in much the same circumstances legally as any other undocumented person. The difference is that the country they are "fleeing" simply wanted to educate their children. 

If that is their plan, they are dumber than I thought. A judge in a deportation hearing isn't there to base a decision on the merits of their asylum claim. That train has left the station. The judge is deciding things like when they will be deported and if they are a risk and should be remanded to custody.The judge will be deciding if they should be and for how long they should be banned from entering the country. 

I get that Lydia is in a predicament. However, she has had ample time and opportunity to clear this up. She could have gone back to Germany after she turned 18 or even after she became engaged to Trace. She could have applied and had Trace sponsor her. The 24ish months it takes to process is a long time, but she wouldn't be worrying about it now. Mr. and Mrs. Romeike could have taken the children at different times and applied for citizenship. 

I am pretty uneducated on the whole situation so I have a question.  How do people who have been threatened with deportation travel within the US?  Are they allowed to fly?  You would think I would know this by now.

What fries my bacon is there are sooooo many more folks seeking citizenship for REAL reasons.  People who fled horrid circumstances and are working their asses off to survive.  These fuckers claim for fleeing, again, is the epitome of white privilege.  They are not what anyone would consider a refugee or in need of asylum.  What do any of the Bates offer to this country except a glimpse into an incredibly misogynistic lifestyle?  None of them are in the military, doctors, teachers or anything that gives back.  They sell jacked up fashions and what else?  Continual birthing of more barely educated rubes?

edited to add:  If you have a valid foreign passport, state-issued enhanced driver's license or valid USCIS Employment Authorization Card Form I-766, you can technically board a plane for domestic travel.

and more:   undocumented drivers can currently obtain a driver's license, or a similar certificate allowing them to legally drive, in Washington, D.C., as well as 12 states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Vermont and Washington

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 7

I wonder if there have been some panicked phone calls to Alyssa asking if her father-in-law the congressman can help. 
The two youngest are US citizens but if the parents did get them German citizenship when they were born then maybe they would have had another few years until the last one turned 18. 
I have zero sympathy for these folks but you would think they would have tried other options instead of just hoping they would fly under the radar. As I understand it they pretty much knew the free ride would be over once the youngest German born child turned 18. You would think they would have been a bit more proactive. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I wonder if there have been some panicked phone calls to Alyssa asking if her father-in-law the congressman can help. 

So I think Daniel Webster has been called. However, if he has intentions of running again (haven't heard he is retiring yet), he's probably hesitant. Florida is extremely anti-immigrant at the moment. While he loves some homeschool legislation, he's probably hesitant to take this on without opening a can of worms. I have a feeling someone from the House of Representatives and/or Senate will eventually make at least a performative effort. However, it is going to take a brave or stupid person to risk their political career over this. I can think of plenty of other cases that are more telling of a broken system than the Romeikes. 

There is a lot of publicity with Dreamers and DACA. A federal judge recently ruled that DACA isn't legal and that President Obama overstepped in providing that. The judge did not say it had to end though. There is a lot of confusion around it and people are scrambling. The Romeike children (not the parents) appear to have qualified for such status, but like other statuses, they aren't eligible for citizenship through it because no such path exists. Rule of thumb on immigration is that you apply in your home country and wait. Unless you are in mortal danger, you don't show up uninvited.

I say this because Republicans (for the most part) are not in favor of DACA. To provide DACA sorts of protections to the Romeike young adults would be basically signaling that they are okay with DACA sort of benefits. If a legislator acted on behalf of the Romeike family publically but still voted against such immigration reforms, he or she would clearly be signaling that only white/European/Protestant people are deserving. It would be saying the quiet part aloud. 

I grew up in an area that was very much against immigration (from the Southern Border) and hates the idea of Dreamers/DACA status. Recently I moved to a more tolerant area. For example, the area I grew up in arrested a Dreamer (a college student who was brought to the US at 2 months old)  for running a stop sign and wanted to deport her. Where I live and work now, legislators attending the State of the Union Address have invited DACA status undocumented people to attend with them. 

37 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am pretty uneducated on the whole situation so I have a question.  How do people who have been threatened with deportation travel within the US?  Are they allowed to fly?  You would think I would know this by now.

So my understanding is that the annual visits the Romeikes had with immigration officials got them work permits (Form I-766) and driving privileges. Lydia has said in past Q&As and other places that she has a driver's license (so she can fly domestically) but that she does not have a passport or other documents to allow her to travel to another country. She said she was eager to get that because she wanted to take Trace to Germany to visit and see where she was born. 

TSA will consider any of the following as ID to fly:

• State photo identity card
  • State driver’s license
  • Military ID
  • Foreign passport (must be unexpired1)
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service Employment Authorization Card
  • Trusted traveler cards such as the NEXUS, SENTRI and FAST cards issued by the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”)
  • Border-crossing cards
  • Native American tribal ID cards
  • Airline or airport photo ID cards issued in compliance with TSA regulations and transportation worker ID credential

I know a lot of us are curious as to why now. The clue does appear to be that the last of the German-born children is now 18. Deferment of Action is essentially a humanitarian effort for those who are undocumented. An example could include caring for a sick relative after your visa has run out. In this case, they were able to homeschool their children. Now that said child is 18, there is nobody left on the petition because the youngest two would not qualify for that sort of petition as US citizens already. They have the two US-born children who are still school age and could perhaps petition on behalf of the parents to keep living with their daughters in the US. However, I'm not seeing how Lydia and all her siblings would be needed to homeschool two young girls. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
3 minutes ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

So I think Daniel Webster has been called. However, if he has intentions of running again (haven't heard he is retiring yet), he's probably hesitant. Florida is extremely anti-immigrant at the moment. While he loves some homeschool legislation, he's probably hesitant to take this on without opening a can of worms. I have a feeling someone from the House of Representatives and/or Senate will eventually make at least a performative effort. However, it is going to take a brave or stupid person to risk their political career over this. I can think of plenty of other cases that are more telling of a broken system than the Romeikes. 

There is a lot of publicity with Dreamers and DACA. A federal judge recently ruled that DACA isn't legal and that President Obama overstepped in providing that. The judge did not say it had to end though. There is a lot of confusion around it and people are scrambling. The Romeike children (not the parents) appear to have qualified for such status, but like other statuses, they aren't eligible for citizenship through it because no such path exists. Rule of thumb on immigration is that you apply in your home country and wait. Unless you are in mortal danger, you don't show up uninvited.

I say this because Republicans (for the most part) are not in favor of DACA. To provide DACA sorts of protections to the Romeike young adults would be basically signaling that they are okay with DACA sort of benefits. If a legislator acted on behalf of the Romeike family publically but still voted against such immigration reforms, he or she would clearly be signaling that only white/European/Protestant people are deserving. It would be saying the quiet part aloud. 

I grew up in an area that was very much against immigration (from the Southern Border) and hates the idea of Dreamers/DACA status. Recently I moved to a more tolerant area. For example, the area I grew up in arrested a Dreamer (a college student who was brought to the US at 2 months old)  for running a stop sign and wanted to deport her. Where I live and work now, legislators attending the State of the Union Address have invited DACA status undocumented people to attend with them. 

So my understanding is that the annual visits the Romeikes had with immigration officials got them work permits (Form I-766) and driving privileges. Lydia has said in past Q&As and other places that she has a driver's license (so she can fly domestically) but that she does not have a passport or other documents to allow her to travel to another country. She said she was eager to get that because she wanted to take Trace to Germany to visit and see where she was born. 

TSA will consider any of the following as ID to fly:

• State photo identity card
  • State driver’s license
  • Military ID
  • Foreign passport (must be unexpired1)
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service Employment Authorization Card
  • Trusted traveler cards such as the NEXUS, SENTRI and FAST cards issued by the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”)
  • Border-crossing cards
  • Native American tribal ID cards
  • Airline or airport photo ID cards issued in compliance with TSA regulations and transportation worker ID credential

I know a lot of us are curious as to why now. The clue does appear to be that the last of the German-born children is now 18. Deferment of Action is essentially a humanitarian effort for those who are undocumented. An example could include caring for a sick relative after your visa has run out. In this case, they were able to homeschool their children. Now that said child is 18, there is nobody left on the petition because the youngest two would not qualify for that sort of petition as US citizens already. They have the two US-born children who are still school age and could perhaps petition on behalf of the parents to keep living with their daughters in the US. However, I'm not seeing how Lydia and all her siblings would be needed to homeschool two young girls. 

Great info!!!

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I was thinking the same thing. Trace keeps Ryker and takes custody of the two younger girls. Addee and Ellie can rotate helping to care for them. Of course Trace would need to move.

My snark mind was thinking earlier that Carlin must be beside herself at all the attention Lydia and Ferret are getting, and maybe she'd try to deport herself (somewhere) so she could get some, too. 

• LOL 16
15 minutes ago, Heathen said:

My snark mind was thinking earlier that Carlin must be beside herself at all the attention Lydia and Ferret are getting, and maybe she'd try to deport herself (somewhere) so she could get some, too. 

She's probably Googling "countries that have Starbucks" right now.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wouldn’t trust Trace to take care of the cat solo.

Speaking of which, what's going to happen to poor Maui? I can't imagine Trace is going to want to go through the headache of getting the proper health certificate so Maui can travel (not to mention pay the fees), so I imagine he'll be left behind. I pray they at least contact a reputable rescue and don't give him to the Bates. Maui is deaf and can't be an outdoor cat, and Kelly has previously said she doesn't like animals in the house. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 8