Type keyword(s) to search

Trace and Lydia: Can She Become a Citizen Now?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, iluvobx said:

I would imagine that the bandage on Gill's arm would make the jacket ill fitting.

It's not as if Grifter Gil's suit fit properly anyway. He apparently shopped at the Jim Bob House of Men's Cheap Suits. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

Travel is wasted on these morons. So says Trace as he's enjoying his frozen yogurt with "poppin bubbles" on top [i.e. boba] as he's like where are we - uh Kay-lua. Why not just go to the redneck riviera - all they need is a bed to get it on and they can get their familiar chocolate ice cream.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, cereality said:

Travel is wasted on these morons. So says Trace as he's enjoying his frozen yogurt with "poppin bubbles" on top [i.e. boba] as he's like where are we - uh Kay-lua. Why not just go to the redneck riviera - all they need is a bed to get it on and they can get their familiar chocolate ice cream.

Even anything as exotic as chocolate ice cream is wasted on them. Get them some cheap, boring vanilla and they're set. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 10/12/2022 at 3:26 PM, SMama said:

I thought he was really enjoying his ice cream. Lydia said they had been there before. Did I miss something?

I don't know about Lydia, but Trace has been to Hawaii before.    

Be prepared, folks. In today's episode of Who's The Dumbest Bates?, the winner is someone other than Carlin!

Trace and Lydia left their cat Maui outside, unattended and tethered to a tree! What's worse is Maui is all white and deaf. Why not just serve him up on a silver platter for predators? Of course, he wrangled out of his harness, but they eventually found him. This was all in their most recent YouTube video. 

• Mind Blown 6
  • Sad 19
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Be prepared, folks. In today's episode of Who's The Dumbest Bates?, the winner is someone other than Carlin!

Trace and Lydia left their cat Maui outside, unattended and tethered to a tree! What's worse is Maui is all white and deaf. Why not just serve him up on a silver platter for predators? Of course, he wrangled out of his harness, but they eventually found him. This was all in their most recent YouTube video. 

Oh wow, I AM LIVID. That poor cat should be taken away from these animal abusers. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4

OK, these two are lucky I don't live anywhere near them.  I would be over there right this minute slapping the crap out of them and taking the cat away from them.  You do not mess with us cat people.  Poor kitty.  I had a wonderful white kitty who died due to kidney failure and this makes me furious.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 6

In what context we’re they telling this story- did they seem heartbroken and horrified, or were they laughing?  Can this be reported to animal control since they’ve documented it for us all to see?

• Like 5
26 minutes ago, awaken said:

In what context we’re they telling this story- did they seem heartbroken and horrified, or were they laughing?  Can this be reported to animal control since they’ve documented it for us all to see?

The cat was on a long lead. Trace said something along the lines of it's their way of letting Maui have some outdoor time. I don't think they were deliberately cruel, just woefully ignorant. I don't think it even occurred to them that a cat who's tied can't escape or defend itself if a hawk or coyote spots him. People in the comments nicely suggested that a catio would be a better alternative. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
On 11/20/2022 at 2:08 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

They live in Carlin's old duplex. Not sure if a catio is possible. 

There are all kinds of options out there that don't require permanent modifications to your house if you must let you cat outside.  I had to sign something when I adopted mine that said I wouldn't let them out at all.  One of them had been front declawed before I got him (grr) so he definitely wouldn't be going out regardless.  Every cat I have had is content to sit on a window perch and look outside while staying comfortable and dry.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'll say one thing for this couple. Yesterday I watched their tree decorating video and it was amazing. They actually let each other speak, and finish sentences. Most of these women cut off their husbands every time they try to contribute anything to the narrative.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Jud and Jeb are with Lydia and Trace baking Christmas cookies. Looks like all had fun. But weird thing to do on a Wednesday in the middle of the day. SGirl is taking finals today and the rest of the week.

I think it’s cute that the siblings are close especially with the age difference. But it seems Kelly and Gil can’t wait to saddle the newlyweds with the younger kids.

I’m never going to forget Josie bluntly stating their first apartment would be a one bedroom so people wouldn’t come to spend the night. The thing is that didn’t stop K&G sending Jackson, Warden, and Isiah to poor Michael in her tiny one bedroom apartment.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

T&L are driving to Florida and Brooklyn is with them. That girl should be in a booster. The way the seat belt is placed is not safe. One unexpected hard stop and she could get hurt. But these are fundies, so no regards to safety because God will protect them.

It looks like they are driving Trace’s truck so probably extra cargo space. I wonder if they are hauling their seemingly unused camper. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

Lydia's postings are making me anxious. Brooklyn's seatbelt is very lose and she is constantly lunging forward to get close to the phone. That little girl is funny, her stage whispers about Lydia not knowing the names of all the siblings are a hoot. But damn, she really needs a booster seat. Erin has always said Brooklyn is a spirited child. I get the feeling she doesn't get as much attention as her siblings, especially Prince Carson. It's good to see her getting attention and doing something special.  

• Like 5

Looks like Trace is driving the U-Haul since they are flying home tomorrow.  Their ETA is 1:30 a.m. so they still have a few hours to go.  I hope their flight is not canceled.  I drove the largest size U-Haul from Northen CA to S0CA, and we stopped overnight. Once we made it home I told SBaba never again. It does take a toll. Chad is lucky Trace did that for him. I had forgotten that Trace worked with Chad for a few years so that explains all the help. I don't care how comfortable they claim the cabins are it does take a toll on your body, along with the stress of making sure you make wide enough turns and pray you don't swipe another car when changing lanes. Can you tell I'm still traumatized ten years later? 😂

Edited by SMama
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3

Trace and Lydia are back in Florida. Apparently for a flag football tournament. The Webster family came by to watch and then a whole crew of Bateses went to dinner. Either Jeb or Jud was there, wonder how they decided which one stayed back at Erin’s house? Either way they were stuck with a bunch of younger nieces, lol. 

• Like 3

I watched their Youtube with Kelly in attendance. The most annoying part of it for me was Kelly's numerous statements about her appearance on it...no make up, appearing fat, etc. If she was going out, she should have fixed her hair and put some lipstick on. I think she's an attention seeker...and please, Kelly, stop complaining about how fat you think you are...do something about it or shut up already.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

When Trace said Kelly was coming to teach them how to cook a meal I was amused because the woman has never been shown to be a good cook, or even cook consistently for the family. Alyssa was in charge of meals and for the past two years way too young Callie has been shown making meals AND cleaning up after.  Then it turns out that the meal was classic Kelly, a home made roast, with store bought mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, and peas. WTAF. What is so freaking difficult about seasoning (Kelly only uses salt and pepper) a roast, placing it in a slow cooker, and wait for it to be done? Kelly made a big deal of teaching T&L how to skim the fat congealed at the top. WOW, no way could they have figured it out themselves. I'm looking forward to Lydia's mom's cooking lesson. I think it will be vastly different.

There was a young lady at their home for dinner. She looked like one of the young ladies Kelly employed as tutors. She had posted a picture with both girls. Does anyone know her name and is she dating Warden? 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I watched their Youtube with Kelly in attendance. The most annoying part of it for me was Kelly's numerous statements about her appearance on it...no make up, appearing fat, etc. If she was going out, she should have fixed her hair and put some lipstick on. I think she's an attention seeker...and please, Kelly, stop complaining about how fat you think you are...do something about it or shut up already.

Definitely an attention-seeker, just like Michelle Duggar. That's probably what led them to having nineteen kids each (to point out the obvious). Carlin and Alyssa come by it honest. 

2 hours ago, SMama said:

When Trace said Kelly was coming to teach them how to cook a meal I was amused because the woman has never been shown to be a good cook, or even cook consistently for the family. Alyssa was in charge of meals and for the past two years way too young Callie has been shown making meals AND cleaning up after.  Then it turns out that the meal was classic Kelly, a home made roast, with store bought mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, and peas. WTAF. What is so freaking difficult about seasoning (Kelly only uses salt and pepper) a roast, placing it in a slow cooker, and wait for it to be done? Kelly made a big deal of teaching T&L how to skim the fat congealed at the top. WOW, no way could they have figured it out themselves. I'm looking forward to Lydia's mom's cooking lesson. I think it will be vastly different.

There was a young lady at their home for dinner. She looked like one of the young ladies Kelly employed as tutors. She had posted a picture with both girls. Does anyone know her name and is she dating Warden? 

Kelly has tutors, too? So she doesn't cook, probably doesn't clean, and doesn't homeschool. WTF does she do all day? 

• Like 8
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Eh, I think whomever keeps filming her and posting it to millions of strangers is the bigger attention seeker here. It’s not Kelly. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Heathen said:

Definitely an attention-seeker, just like Michelle Duggar. That's probably what led them to having nineteen kids each (to point out the obvious). Carlin and Alyssa come by it honest. 

Kelly has tutors, too? So she doesn't cook, probably doesn't clean, and doesn't homeschool. WTF does she do all day? 

KJ goes to Sonic, is constantly looking at her phone and she posts on Instagram. Her posts are mainly reposts of her kids Instagram posts with her comments. So she is clearly too busy for much else. Oh she visits a lot too and gets her picture taken with various family members.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, SMama said:

Wow, they are still using that excuse? They used that a few years ago for another ski trip that Kelly went on. I laughed so hard at the time because Kelly doesn't do anything especially cook. If she didn't have daughters she totally would have made her sons do everything. She might have Jed and Judson do that when if Addie, Ellie and Callie are married and gone.

• Like 6

I watched the YouTube last evening with Gil and Kelly. "Why did you have 19 children", was the first question asked; they spent 35 of the 40 minutes of the video talking about this. I find it very curious that KellyJo claimes  she knew not much at all about contraception even right up to their wedding. Why in the world did she not speak to her mother about this or a trusted woman? These two went about it blindly and with ignorance, really totally on their own as they explained it. They went on their own interpretation about children and what the bible says about it. There is no reason to ask God to be blessed with children then proceed to continually have more and more. God can bless you with the children you already have.....over and over. Gil conveniently forgot to mention "the man" he heard speaking was Bill Gothard. Ok, some couples don't use artificial birth control but have some sense of responsibility with their own fertility and at least watch the calendar. It sounded to me like they just threw up their hands in the air and did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted and absolved themselves of responsibility. Gil neglected to mention the outcome of this behavior was that their family lived in poverty for years and had little or next to nothing. Those "blessings" suffered through it for a long time before Jim Bob Duggar, TLC and UP network came along and helped them out with a TV show. Where would they be financially without that TV show? Kelly stated that their shows were about their real lives and the activities they were normally doing. Do I believe that this family took expensive ski vacations every year before the show? I don't think so. This was done all on UP's dime as were many others. That 1920s flapper I Love You Day party complete with professional costumes for everyone; including babies would never have happened unless someone else was paying. They didn't have money for weekly groceries; they borrowed from their own sons who had little themselves from odd jobs as young teens. Shame on them. Sorry for ranting but I could not believe the spin they put on it. On another note, Lydia looked so uncomfortable like she wanted to crawl under a table or be anywhere else but there. I think she and Trace are using artificial birth control and have other intents and beliefs about when they would be ready for children. I also hope that G&K were not using their speeches to put pressure on her for that "next grandbaby".  Thank you for allowing me to place my thoughts and impressions here.

• Like 16
  • Applause 8
44 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I watched the YouTube last evening with Gil and Kelly. "Why did you have 19 children", was the first question asked; they spent 35 of the 40 minutes of the video talking about this. I find it very curious that KellyJo claimes  she knew not much at all about contraception even right up to their wedding. Why in the world did she not speak to her mother about this or a trusted woman? These two went about it blindly and with ignorance, really totally on their own as they explained it. They went on their own interpretation about children and what the bible says about it. There is no reason to ask God to be blessed with children then proceed to continually have more and more. God can bless you with the children you already have.....over and over. Gil conveniently forgot to mention "the man" he heard speaking was Bill Gothard. Ok, some couples don't use artificial birth control but have some sense of responsibility with their own fertility and at least watch the calendar. It sounded to me like they just threw up their hands in the air and did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted and absolved themselves of responsibility. Gil neglected to mention the outcome of this behavior was that their family lived in poverty for years and had little or next to nothing. Those "blessings" suffered through it for a long time before Jim Bob Duggar, TLC and UP network came along and helped them out with a TV show. Where would they be financially without that TV show? Kelly stated that their shows were about their real lives and the activities they were normally doing. Do I believe that this family took expensive ski vacations every year before the show? I don't think so. This was done all on UP's dime as were many others. That 1920s flapper I Love You Day party complete with professional costumes for everyone; including babies would never have happened unless someone else was paying. They didn't have money for weekly groceries; they borrowed from their own sons who had little themselves from odd jobs as young teens. Shame on them. Sorry for ranting but I could not believe the spin they put on it. On another note, Lydia looked so uncomfortable like she wanted to crawl under a table or be anywhere else but there. I think she and Trace are using artificial birth control and have other intents and beliefs about when they would be ready for children. I also hope that G&K were not using their speeches to put pressure on her for that "next grandbaby".  Thank you for allowing me to place my thoughts and impressions here.

I have not watched the video but from reading the above K&G are not rewriting history, they are outright lying.

There are many instances of both of them saying they left the size of their family up to god.

IIRC on an episode of BUB they went to visit Papa Bill and Jane. Jane was obviously bothered by the feral Bates. G&K did nothing to control their circus.

They went to either Gil’s sister’s or brother’s house to watch a movie with the whole crowd. Gil took the time to give a speech in the middle of the living room  (I found that incredibly tacky) about the many children he had. He boasted that the best decision of his life was when he listened to KELLY about letting god determine the number of children they would have. 

I’m sure others here have more examples of their unabashed desire to have kids because birth control is evil. Kelly and Gil hold degrees from accredited universities, they had plenty of opportunities to “learn” about birth control. Jesus doesn’t condone lying. 

• Like 10

This feels like a good time to remember that "reality" TV is scripted, staged, and edited, and that includes every episode we snark about. Gil and Kelly would debase themselves (and pimp out their children) for "reality" money seven days of the week and twice on Sundays, and Gil's BS speeches are part of that. I wonder how many takes it took for him to look like anything but what he is -- a willfully underemployed, cult-member buffoon. 

This does not mean they are not lying liars who lie. They are, and we know it. We should keep a running list of Bates lies and hypocrisies. 

I have thought in the past that all the bragging about nineteen children is really bragging about how often they've had sex. Look at me! Look at me!

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

Doesn't Kelly have a chemistry degree? Surely she must have had a basic biology class.

I can't find anything on Google about what her degree is in. It could be in the (mythical) underwater basket weaving, for all we know. 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I can't find anything on Google about what her degree is in. It could be in the (mythical) underwater basket weaving, for all we know. 

We do know that Gil met Kelly when she was his chemistry tutor. So she was advanced enough to do that in her first couple years of college (they got together and transferred to Carson Newman for junior/senior years). She may have been a chemistry major, or she may have just been very good at it. I do know she taught her kids chemistry, at least the older ones, before she completely checked out. 

Does anyone know what Gil's degree is?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

We do know that Gil met Kelly when she was his chemistry tutor. So she was advanced enough to do that in her first couple years of college (they got together and transferred to Carson Newman for junior/senior years). She may have been a chemistry major, or she may have just been very good at it. I do know she taught her kids chemistry, at least the older ones, before she completely checked out. 

Does anyone know what Gil's degree is?

Speechifying? Mooching? Grifting? 

• LOL 10
3 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So Trace & Lydia revealed their big secret today. I know everyone here will be shocked to hear she’s pregnant. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

What else could it have been with these people? 🙄

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
28 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So Trace & Lydia revealed their big secret today. I know everyone here will be shocked to hear she’s pregnant. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

Snoooooooooooooore 

The only real question is how quickly Josie and/or Carlin will get pregnant in order to match their sisters/besties. And whether Tori is pregnant again yet. 

• Like 5